• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Dragon Ball (AU) Discussion

After a space-time continuous martial arts tournament some 1,000 years in an alternate earth's future, the inhabitants of Earth-213f (as it's known to the multiverse) have found their world flooded with Saiyan offspring and powered humans they could not explain. However, the human race found a new power brought to their kind after this event.

Humans are stronger than ever, skilled in martial arts and with the sword, and growing stronger in power with chi every day. The few Saiyans who were transplanted in space time have repopulated their kind and strengthened their new Earth.

However, their arrival threw this universe further out of balance than they could have hoped to imagine....and it's only grown worse over 200 years...

Unaware of the growing threat, the Earth Council of Rulers has called for the 100th World Martial Arts Tournament, and is bringing the world's strongest fighters all to one place, for the first time in well over a decade.

World Martial Arts Tourney Sign-Ups:
Name:
Race (Human, Susan, Saiyan-mix, Namekian):
Skill (weapons, chi, martial arts):
Weapon (if applicable):
Accomplishments (feel free to make up a minor tournament, or a band of outlaws your character beat, etc.):
[OPTIONAL]
Appearance:
Personality:
History:

Yes! Humans are still at the early onset of the flying and beams of energy but there are different schools of martial arts (spiritual successors to Gohan and Trunks' sword school) that train humans in chi control and its implementation in martial arts forms to make humans better than what they were.

Human-saiyans are starting to worry pure Saiyan descendants about rapid power growth and control, beginning it might one day surpass their own.

It's been ~400-500 years. The events of Super, Super: Broly end a little before Age: 800 and we're in approx. Age: 1200 here, I haven't decided on a full date just yet.

While this is an alternate earth in the multiverse, the timeline was much the same as the Prime Dragon Ball canon Earth, and this is the point in time where it begins to split off

Alright. If I'm gonna be honest, I don't really know too much about Dragon Ball beyond the Cell Saga, so I hope that I can do fine in this.

Name
: Anne Jenara
Race: Android
Skill: Martial Arts, perfect memorization
Weapon (if applicable): None
Appearance: Anne stands at 5'2", and weighs in at 145 lbs. She has blonde hair that she keeps back in a ponytail, and gray eyes. For hear clothing, Anne wears a red shirt, along with a jacket and jeans. Annie also wears earrings.
Personality: Annie is quite peppy and upbeat, always trying to see the bright side of things and make friends. She enjoys making new friends. Being an Android, she has an incredible memory and can pick up new skills very quickly. Anne is a fan of martial arts, but has never decided to actually learn anything. She's sure to support her friends, and likes to watch fights.
History: Her father worked at a tech company designing robots. When she was a child, Anne was killed in a car crash. Her father, distraught, attempted to bring her back and rebuild her as an Android. It succeeded, but at that cost of his wife divorcing him and serving all contact. There was also the problem that even as a child, Anne had immense power. So Mr. Jenara put in as many power suppressors in Anne as possible (without it being obvious), in order to keep her strength down. Her current strength was the closest to a normal human he could get. Mr. Jenara quickly moved away in an attempt to hide Anne and himself from the past, and started a new, normal life. He keeps the fact that Anne is an Android a secret from her, so she is under the assumption that she is a normal human. So she goes on with a normal, human life.

Looks good to me! Reminds me of Data's dad in TNG - Dr. Noonien-Soongh - who built a perfect android replica of his wife after she died, uploading her memories to the android and convincing her she'd just been wounded. I like it a lot!

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
What is the max power level we can start with? Also at the start are we allowed to go super saiyan or any forms above?

So for the World Tournament I would say nobody is at Super Saiyan level. Let's say between 1,000-1,500. Natural power levels have grown over time but still aren't near the peak of what a person could be capable of. Don't worry, there will be training and a gradual raising of power levels.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Rin Shimada

Race: Half-Saiyan

Skill (weapons, chi, martial arts): He normally uses the dragon fist technique, this fighting style is a cobination of ki and fighting techniques. This technique is great at adapting, able to change from swarming to tanking attacks. His ki attacks all follow the same basis, his special attack is the Dragon Cannon, where he charges his ki into a massive energy beam.

Weapon (if applicable): His fists are all he needs.

Accomplishments (feel free to make up a minor tournament, or a band of outlaws your character beat, etc.): At his current power level, he was once able to stop a car by simply punching it, and he is fast enough to out speed the human eye.
[OPTIONAL]

Appearance: Rin stands at 5'7 and weighs around 70kg. His hair is red, messy and spiked. Rin's eyes are a dark red, making him slightly intimidating. He has a black jacket, with a bright red dragon on his back, the hood is a dark red. On the bottom he has baggy jeans, making movement easy, with black and red sneakers. On his hands he has a pair of fingerless gloves with metal on the knuckles. He has a dragon tattooed, to his back in red ink. But strangest of them all is his dark brown tail.

Personality: He is very aggressive and hates doing anything that doesn't involve fighting. He may not be the brightest person academically or logically, but when fighting it's hard to believe this moron can outsmart his opponents. Some say he is so dumb, if he is killed he will forget to die. He is very hot headed and can get really annoyed at the smallest things. Good luck trying to find his humanity or love.

History: Birth was hard for him, his mum was a saiyan and his dad was a teacher. They went together like oil and water, if the oil was an oil spill on fire and the water was very small. He always found hard to fit in, most times it felt like his parents were playing tug of war with him always making him work between being physically strong and being being intelligently strong. Eventually he found refuge under his granddad, who helped him balance the two. His granddad was a martial artist, and whenever Rin went to his place to train, it would be hard. Eventually he became skilled at the fighting style. Well that balance never lasted, since soon his dad died in a car crash, since then that 'balance' started to deteriorated, until he gave up on school completely, now he works as a street fighter, fighting for money. For 17 years his mum didn't want to cut off his tail, so he was taught at a very young age never to look at the full moon.

My tournament fighter

Alright, here's my tournament fighter! I'll probably fill in the rest later.

Name: Jenny Bodega
Race: Human
Skill: Martial Arts, specifically a future variant of aikido. Jenny also has limited abilities with chi, being able to use it to make her attacks stronger and boost her reflexes. She is also able to redirect ki blasts, but at the moment is either unable to fire them or prefers not to.
Weapon: None
Accomplishments: Is the top of her class in her dojo, has held her own against experienced adults.
[OPTIONAL]
Appearance:
Personality:
History:

Name-Shinuji Nikonim
Age-13
Gender-Male
Race-Human
Skill-Dirty Boxing, Basically boxing but with a “win by any means.” He can also create shock waves with his fist using Chi.
Weapon-Whatever is lying around, maybe some sand on the ground to a wooden plank.
Accomplishments-Is highly regarded as a good street fighter.
Appearance-Blue hair and a muscular build. Cyan eyes.
Personality-Quiet and doesn’t like people.
History-He was on orphan since he was born, so he had to learn how to fed from him self. He taught him self his own style of fighting, and is highly regarded among other street fighters.

my tournament fighter if he’s allowed