• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Farfetch'd Evolution Sirfetch'd Officially Revealed!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Sirfetch_d_Art_02.png

The latest trailer for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield has gone live today revealing a new brand new evolution for Farfetch'd! This evolved form is known as Sirfetch'd and is exclusive to Pokémon Sword. You can check out the trailer for its reveal below:

It's said that Farfetch'd will evolve into Sirfetch'd after experiencing many battles. Sirfetch'd also has an exclusive new move known as Meteor Assault. The move sees Sirfetch'd pointing his leek at an enemy and then charging with great speed, however after using the move the Pokémon will be unable to move for a turn. More details about Sirfetch'd are below:

Sirfetch_d_Art_01.png

Sirfetch’d
Category: Wild Duck Pokémon
Type: [type=fighting][/type]
Height: 2’7”
Weight: 257.9 lbs.
Ability: Steadfast

The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch’d and an Escavalier.

Sirfetch_d_EN_01.jpg

In battle, Sirfetch’d uses the sharp stalk of its leek as a lance and the thick leaves as a shield. It maintains this leek over the span of many years and treasures it more than anything. When its leek finally withers, Sirfetch’d will leave the battlefield and retire from battling entirely.

Are you looking forward to training a Sirfetch'd? Let us know in the comments below!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What I'm wondering is if we'll get a Galarian Farfetch'd that actually has the Fighting type. I love this new Pokemon, but it would be kind of weird for a Normal/Flying type to evolve into a pure Fighting type.

The press information for Sirfetch'd does somewhat lean towards it being an evolution of standard Farfetch'd, the same way Alolan Raichu evolves from a standard Pikachu. My assumption is that it can't fly due to its wings being occupied with weapons - hence the lack of a Flying-typing - but it does seem odd to drop the Normal-typing. I guess they didn't want it to have additional weaknesses?

Regarding the Sirfetch'd itself - I love it, and I want it, but I'd been considering playing Shield first! I'll just need to wait and see what its Shield-exclusive counterpart is. Maybe I'll prefer it?

I personally like Madame better, but I still love the design! Farfetch’d became one of my favorites after using it on my HeartGold team, so I’m glad to see it’s getting some love.

I was going to get just Sword at first mainly because the games are now $60, but every time I see the new Pokémon I’m really tempted to buy both versions

Last edited:
I've always liked Farfetch'd. This new form is not as bad as Obstagoon (who's basically Gene Simmons as a furry)... Like the Nessa controversy, this mon may be a bit too Farfetch'd :\=|: