• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Anime Characters?

Heyo, this thread is just about your favorite characters from all anime! Doesn't have to be in a ranking format, by the way. I'll start with a few of mine:

Bakugo (Boku no Hero Academia): He was a very egotistic and unlikable character at the start, though his inferiority complex makes him very interesting as a character. But he had character development since then and now he has a reason to be angry all the time. (Not saying why because spoilers lol)
he's also my husbando.

Yui (K-On): K-On is my favorite anime, and of course, Yui is my favorite character in that show. Being moe, she could be annoying at times while watching. Though to me, she is likable since she's relatable, and I like relatable characters. Also she's good at using Giita ♥

Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica):
It's nice how Madoka literally doesn't fight until the last episode. It enforces her personality as a kind and non-confrontational person. Despite seeing all of her friends die, she tries to save them without becoming a magical girl at all costs. Of course, Homura told her not to, though she's still awesome!

I haven't watched many animes... but I will say one character. Or two.

Viktor Nikiforov (Yuri On Ice)
His personality is honestly a good, unique one (I think?), he's calm and collected, but still shows emotion, quite often. I like how he tries to show a caring to others, too,
he points out Yuri in the first episode, and asks him if he wants an autograph, which is really lucky to Yuri, if he hadn't have had such a bad day.
Personally, he's just really likeable.

Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia)
I haven't seen too much of this anime, but Todoroki has a backstory that makes him reasoned and a good character. Even though, stereotypically, he's a calm, cold character, who has burning emotion on the inside (hahahahah i'm funny), he's just sort of unique... and I can't really note why, but I like how his past limits his power.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Kamina (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann): I love this guy, he's so enthusiastic, the way he inspires Simon just makes me love him. He also has the best one liners.

Shizuo Heiwajimi (Durarara!): What a great character, I love his relationship with Izaya and the fact that he's just super strong, and he's just a badass really. But remember he hates violence.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III, also known as Vash 'the stampede' is one of my favourite characters because he's just so charming, funny, compassionate and sweet as a person. His storyline is interesting, his personality is lovable and most importantly, he loves donuts almost as much as I do.

Another favourite of mine would have to be Yusuke Urameshi. Funny, mischievous and always getting himself into trouble. Despite it all, he has a kind heart as much as he'd never like to admit it. Kazuma Kuwabara is also a total sweetheart. Yu Yu Hakusho has so many great characters that it's really hard just to name two of them.

And lastly, Android 18 because she's a total badass babe who ended up being my first ever (accidental) cosplay. She's also my go-to when it comes to the games. I'm a force to be reckoned with when I'm playing as her.

Maes Hughes(Fullmetal Alchemist): He is literally the best father in any sort of media, especially anime(A S U P P O R T I V E and A C K N O W L E D G I N G anime dad?? YES!!), and he's honestly one of the biggest cinnamon rolls I've ever seen. He's always there for anyone, and on top of that he's actually really smart. What's that I hear? "And intelligent cinnamon roll?" Yes. An intelligent cinnamon roll.
I just...UGHHH WHEN HE DIED I LITERALLY BAWLED LIKE THE DEATH SCENE WAS SO SAD AND THE FUNERAL WAS SOOOOO FRICKIN SAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD!!! ELICIA NOOOOOO ;_;;_;;_;;_;;_;;_;;_; He deserved so much better tbh, so freaking much better.

Homura Akemi(Puella Magi Madoka Magica): Well, I can't say much about why I like her without spoiling everything, so:
She came off as a bad character at first, and I'll be honest, I hated her in the beginning. But when I found out her backstory, I actually liked her a lot. And the movie. AAAHHHH

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Another favourite of mine would have to be Yusuke Urameshi. Funny, mischievous and always getting himself into trouble. Despite it all, he has a kind heart as much as he'd never like to admit it. Kazuma Kuwabara is also a total sweetheart. Yu Yu Hakusho has so many great characters that it's really hard just to name two of them.
Finally someone who knows Yu Yu Hakusho, it's literally my favourite manga, and Yusuke is the best protagonist in anime

Makise Kurisu - Steins;Gate: Kurisu is the kind of person I wish I was. A crazy smart scientist who is also completely adorkable, selfless to a fault, and genuinely cares and wants to help Okabe despite not remembering most of their time together, she's just way too good a person.

Shiro - No Game No Life: Okay come on you've got a rainbow haired girl who's at crazy mastermind level's of intelligence, is super deadpan and sasses the everloving hell out of everyone around her? I'm freaking sold, she's a total joy to watch onscreen. I just wish the show didn't sexualize her... it's ah just... just not okay.

Yona - Yona of the Dawn: So she start's the series as this princess who has had everything given to her and her largest concern is wanting to marry her crush. Watching her develop over the series from that to a strong person who is willing to put her life and safety on the line for a country she could easily turn her back on if she wanted is just delightful. You'll need to go and read the manga though to really get the full story - the anime only goes for 24 episodes, which barely covers any of the manga.

Su-won - Yona of the Dawn: I really love how driven and clever this guy is. He's willing to sacrifice the thing's he cares about the most in life for both the sake of avenging his family and trying to make his country a better place. He routinely tricks people into underestimating him to put them off guard by hiding all of that drive under a facade of being an airhead. He's just so much fun to watch and is the kind of antagonist that you can't help but think is right.

Katsuki Bakugo - My Hero Academia: Bakugo fascinated me from the very start of the series simply due to the way he thought. I know a lot of people wrote him off as being just an asshole (which, to be fair, he was), but it was constantly hinting at his flawed thought processes and his reasons to desire being a hero throughout the whole thing. He's one of those characters who I just want to sit down with for an afternoon with and run a clinical examination or two just to figure out exactly how he ticks.

Seishuu Handa - Barakamon: This guy is freaking adorable. He's certainly an anxious, insecure, perfectionist at the beginning of the series, but watching him slowly grow to be more confident, relaxed, and find his own artistic style just makes me feel really happy.

Claire Stanfield - Baccano!: He's too cool. He's just literally too cool to exist. I know he's completely insane and brutally murders a lot of people, but god damn does he do it in a way that you just can't help but admire.

hm, i've never actually examined my favs or given reasoning, so this is might be a doozy lmao.
in no particular order,
~~~~~~

neito monoma [boku no hero academia] - honestly, I couldn't help myself. whenever I first saw him on screen for the first couple of minutes, I simply knew he would be a favorite lol. despite being a total obsessive prick, he's extremely smart and has one of the most versatile powers in the whole show. I think his quirk alone is pretty cool, but then you add his slick, attitudinal, sarcastic personality and it just makes it all the better. no matter who you are, whether another student or literally a professional hero, he will be sure to make it known that he isn't one to be overlooked and can best you if you aren't careful.

mirajane strauss [fairy tail] - OK HONESTLY YOU HAVE IT ALL WITH HER. here you have beauty, strength, power, duality, and amazing personality. i personally think she was one of the best designed characters within the whole anime, with a backstory not too edgy or overdone, but just the right amount of grief that gives her a great drive. she's a young woman everyone in the guild loves because of her sweet personality and care for people, but if you even think about harming her siblings or loved ones, she literally will become a monster and show everyone who's actually in control.... literally.

tornado [one punch man] - i dont think i have met a single person who doesn't love this extremely powerful, sassy little woman lol. even though her bitchy side can be a bit annoying, i'd like to see someone else literally single-handedly rip a giant meteor out of the earth to crush a 5 Ton monster and not even flinch while doing so. yeah, that's what we call a boss, kids.

neji [naruto] - aaaaahhh good ole naruto. not a ton of information is needed in order to see why this dude is my favorite. anyone who has seen any of naruto notices neji as a straight up genius, warrior, and loyal friend. he was a bit of a hard-ass towards the beginning, but that was mostly because he was risen up from a child being told that he was pretty much born into the inferior part of the family. nonetheless, he still grew up to be a ninja prodigy and impressed me on several occasions, mastering his fighting style diligently and always doing his best with ease on whatever task/mission he was on.

[ also i didn't want to be basic and list him since everyone always does, but i do lowkey love bakugo lmao. i guess its just something about a cocky, misunderstood psycho bad boy with a complex mindset that we all love ]

some of my personal favorites are-

joesph joestar (jojo's bizarre adventure)-
he's a rad guy and insanely relatable! i like his dynamic with caesar, also him and suzie q are really cute together,,. i dont really agree with the stuff he's done fully, but he's definitely a favorite of mine.

gin ichimaru (bleach)-
been a favorite since i was 13! dunno, i guess i like those characters with fox smiles. (like.. walker from durarara and tick from baccano...). he's a really good character in general too, and he's really smart. i respect him greatly, to be entirely honest.

chihiro furuya (sankarea)-
man i love this kid. he's relatable and really funny?? his obsession with zombies actually helped me get a bit better at watching movies with them because i saw he wasnt really scared of them?? also the show is so.. beautiful and handles a lot of it's problems really well. love this kitty haired boy.

ryuuji takasu (toradora)-
another guy i like just because he's relatable! i love his dynamic with taiga, and the two of them together is honestly??? really adorable??

gin (hotarubi no mori e)-
;_;;_; gin my boy. i love him, i love his character and his relationship with hotaru throughout her life. source is beautiful and honestly made me cry buckets.

Melody~Chan

Previously XxPika~ChanxX
Konata Izumi - Lucky Star - She's everything I am in one character. Lazy, video game lover, anime lover!

Clemont - Pokémon - A very loveable nerd

Bonnie - Pokémon - A very cute and loveable kid

Garnet - Steven Universe - The perfect fusion :3

Nanashima - Kiss Him Not Me - Hot anime boi

Ash Ketchum - Pokémon - If I could date him, I would

Mutsumi - Kiss Him Not Me - Cutest anime fluff boi

Honey Senpai - Ouran Highschool Host Club - Cutie pie if he was my brother I would love him forever

Miyuki Takara - Lucky Star - Moe cuteness is her

Amethyst - Steven Universe - Like me she can get emotional but rarely does

Gohan - DBZ - Come on kid gohan the hair -w- I love it
th

Goku - DBZ - Ultra instinct and cuz he very stupid

Android 18 - DBZ - cuz she whooped vegeta's prince of like 7 saiyans ass

Last edited:
Oikawa tooru from haikyuu
maxresdefault.jpg

Lupin from lupin the third
-Lupin-the-Third-001-lupin-iii-40140518-576-864.jpg

Pheonix Wright from Ace attorney
cdL37VUG_400x400.jpg

Jin Kariya from bleach
jin-kariya-819.jpg

Giorno giovanna from jojo's bizarre adventures part 5: golden wind. (Bottom left, wearing purple)
b1ff01adae36fa3ad7cfb34f7e699d9a.jpg

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Lillie from Pokemon Sun and Moon
download.jpg

Shu from BeyBlade Burst
bbburst_shu2.jpg

Daigo from BeyBlade Burst
fe997b436d45e82212f321dd2148356e5fa2f0ccv2_hq.jpg

Jude Sharp from Inazuma Eleven
images.jpg

Axel Blaze from Inazuma Eleven