• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Game Revival and New Game Requests

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it's February. That means it might just be time for new Hurt and Heal?

Any ideas? I'm vaguely interested in the vegetables idea from earlier, but I'm definitely open to suggestions for anything else.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Poll time! The three suggested options are now in a poll at the top of this thread - vote on your favourite!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Coreysawrus said:
ShinyZekrom009 said:
I went back and looked through the game archives, there's no H & H for Pokemon Types.

There could have been on the old forum boards :p But I wouldn't know I've not been around that long

I personally don't recall one and I've been here from the start. XD
Someone could've run one while I was on hiatus but I'm pretty sure that we've never done a Pokemon Types H&H game before. Even if we had it would've been more than long enough to justify running another, especially when the majority of voters want it~

Recently in the "Person Below Me" Thread, there was discussion(on this page and the following one) about livening up the Playground a bit by having something new. One of the suggestions was a new H&H. Does that sound good to anyone? There is a number of ideas, such as Forum Boards, Colors, Vegetables, Starters(All 6 Gens), etc., that have not been used, to my knowledge.

Also, may I inquire about the status of the most recent Mafia game? Is that going to be continued to its completion, or does the Mafia win by default? If the latter is true, what about a new Mafia sometime in the near future?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
how about instead of mafia we have something else about deception and lies and stuff ;D

idk I was thinking of The Mole game people on the Exodus were doing, since it looked fun. Time consuming, and required quite a bit of planning, but still looked fun XD there might be another similar game we could try, though.

Eh, I dunno. Maybe some people who have been playing Mafia for a while would like something different, but I've only played once and loved it, so I would rather have another Mafia round. Besides, it seems like Mafia is hard enough to keep going and have enough people active for. Something as complicated as this Mole game...well, when could we find time to do something like this that would work for everyone?

EDIT: This doesn't mean that I'm opposed to doing this. I just feel comfortable with sticking to Mafia for now. I'm also wondering about participation and time constraints.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The Mafia game is basically annulled - there won't be a winner because it just isn't fair, and nor is it fair to potentially lose people because it's been stopped for six months. Any new Mafia wil be a new game. :)

As for Hurt and Heal: We might as well, haven't had one since the relaunch. What does everyone want to go with? @ShinyZekrom009 @Shiny Eevee

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Vocaloid- I mean what

Maybe staff members? Last time we had a h&h for staff was several years ago iirc. Forum boards as suggested before also works :D

Has there been a Fruit H&H yet? If so, I'm in for veggies.

I've also never played TWS before, is it similar to the game where one person says a word, and then the next person says one, and then the next, to make a really random story that most of the time doesn't make sense?

We need a new Mafia game, guys. The past ones were all so fun!

And since there have been quite a few new people around often enough, I don't think a shortage of participants will be that much of a problem this time around- as long as we all figure the best(and least busy) time so that we could all be as active as possible.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Alexxander it's based off a popular party game where everyone is assigned different roles and the point if the game is to survive. We have a whole sub-board dedicated to mafia; you should check it out if you think you might be interested~

And since there have been quite a few new people around often enough, I don't think a shortage of participants will be that much of a problem this time around- as long as we all figure the best(and least busy) time so that we could all be as active as possible.

Well, since I've almost finished all of my exams, I'm completely free from the 13th of June to the beginning of September. I'd presume most English people within the age range of 16 to 18 also are in this situaton.

Well, since I've almost finished all of my exams, I'm completely free from the 13th of June to the beginning of September. I'd presume most English people within the age range of 16 to 18 also are in this situaton.

As for me, although there would be a couple spots this summer where I won't be super active, I'd be able to get on here at least once a day with my phone, unlike last year.

@Alexxander it's based off a popular party game where everyone is assigned different roles and the point if the game is to survive. We have a whole sub-board dedicated to mafia; you should check it out if you think you might be interested~

I had a look at Mafia, it looks like fun c: I may sit the next one out though and pick up tips from observing a live game :3

As for me, although there would be a couple spots this summer where I won't be super active, I'd be able to get on here at least once a day with my phone, unlike last year.

I think I'm free any time after the 13th so I'd totally be open for a new game of Mafia. (Maybe I wont die this time)

See, positive feedback already! We need to make this happen!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently @Kyubeon thought it so important to make sure I saw this that she reported one of those posts.

So I figure I'd better emerge from the shadows and let you all know I've seen all of this :p Whether I do a Mafia depends on quite a few factors, but primarily it hinges on how much time I'll have. I am starting a new job tomorrow, so it's all a bit up in the air. However, starting sometime in the middle of June seems the best bet if I decide it's an idea that has legs - maybe the 14th or 15th.

Basically, I don't yet know. Watch this space.

Randomness Battle:
Players take turns attacking and responding to attacks (No "move did nothing")
Example:
Player 1: "Horde of Zubats!"
Player 2: *Sucked dry* "Vampire Fangs!"
Player 3: *Doesn't have any blood* "Fang Inversion!"
Player 2: *Dies*

I kinda like the above post, but it should probably only be with real Pokémon moves, abilities or flavor text found on cards, or it would get too hectic and confusing. Each attack should relate to the above situation, and if you're creative enough, you can somehow bring it to a whole new topic.

P1: A horde of Whismur appeared!
P2: *eardrums are burst from jet-plane cries* There's a Shiny Whismur!
P3: *catches* The Shiny is evil and tries to kill all of your Pokémon!
And so on.

How about a "What will you do if..."?
It's like the person below me but you will do something about the above post, just not answer it or something...