• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ghastale: First Saga - Blood and Bones

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
"Fine." Mettaton replied with a small sigh as he turned around and walked off with a strut.
He wasn't going to close the resort, what was Alphys thinking? All he needed to do was switch back into his normal box form and enter the grey door he'd seen earlier.

Asgore had decided to go out into the city again, today. He wanted to visit Snowdin, too, maybe visit the skeleton brothers. He would also need an update from Undyne.
Whistling a cheerful tune, Asgore waltzed out of the castle, heading for the city, and eventually, Snowdin.

Undyne watched as Papyrus continued to talk to the Gaster Fragment. She picked up her phone and called Sans. "Hey, Sans? Papyrus has a fragment here and Mettaton found one. How many are left now?"

"those should be the last ones." Sans said. Suddenly, he heard Toriel's voice. "wha- tori? uh, hey. how's it going?"

James sighed. "I'm heading to MTT Resort. Mettaton doesn't have a way to hold onto the SOUL fragment." James created a jetpack, blasting off.

Toriel frowned. "What are you doing in there?" she asked, then added, "Should I come in?" There was a note of concern in her voice.

comic

Mettaton came to a stop at an ominous, grey door. "Well, I believe this is what Dr. Alphys was telling me about..." He muttered to himself, before looking around. His EX form was still new, and he didn't want it publicized yet, but upon seeing nobody around, he grasped the handle, turning the knob and swinging upon the door, stepping inside. @Eeveechu151

Asgore continued his slow, peaceful pace out of the city, into the Hotlands, passing by Muffet's, depositing a tip to her, which she seemed to happily accept, until he finally discovered Alphys. "Ah. Dr. Alphys. How are y-" He stopped suddenly as he took notice to the human. "Oh..." He straightened up a bit. "I see..." @Mewtwofan259

"Ah crud. Uh... you see nothing!" James said, striking a stupid pose before creating a large green cloud of smoke. When he vanished, he was gone.

Inside the gray door was a Gaster fragment, seemingly peaceful. "Oh, hello."

"nah, tori, it's fine." Sans said. "we're just doing a bit of clean up. although maybe you'd like to talk with the kid?"

"Long Story." Alphys said. "So, king, how have you been doing these days?"

"Papyrus, for the last time, it's not going to accept your friendship." Undyne rolled her eye, but then she saw the Gaster Fragment. It was actually... listening to Papyrus. Undyne sighed. "Come on Papyrus, let's get that thing back to Sans."

"COME ON. I WON'T LET ANY HARM BEFALL YOU, IF YOU JUST FOLLOW ME." Papyrus tried again as his arm remained extended.

Frisk always had enjoyed her time with Toriel, regardless of the talk about snails, it was one of her favorite things in each timeline, besides the time she spent with Sans and Papyrus. That would never get old.

comic

Asgore furrowed his brow at the disappearance of the Human. "Alphys. Please don't call me that. Asgore will suffice. But I must ask, what is going on here?" He asked, now looking towards his royal scientist. "Tell me everything."

"Hello, darling. Are you the soul I've been tasked with capturing? Because if so, I want to make this quick. I'm a very busy robot, and I don't want to waste any more time." Mettaton informed the Gaster as he put his hands on his hips.

"...I-I..." the fragment said, shaking. Slowly, it extended a hand to Papyrus. As soon as the hand touched Papyrus, the fragment was all sucked into Gaster's SOUL shard, landing in Papyrus' hand.

"I understand. Time is precious." the Gaster fragment said, walking/floating/moving over to Mettaton. "Go ahead."

"Alright, um... Asgore. So um... How would you feel if in an Anime you liked, there's a bad guy, and um... The people you need to kill team up with you to stop them, and now the main characters are searching for pieces to build a magical being that can help them? How would you like that episode?"

Papyrus gently closed his hand, being mindful of the fragment before turning to Undyne. "TIME TO FIND MY BROTHER, NOW!" He announced to her. "HOW MANY MORE OF THESE MUST WE COLLECT?"

comic

Asgore smiled warmly. "I believe I'd enjoy that episode. But what does that have to with the human I just saw?" He tilted his head slightly, very intrigued upon the situation.

"I'm going to assume I have to fight you? Well," Mettaton gave a chuckle. "Alphys did recently install combat mechanics, so I believe this shall be fun." He stated as his leg swung out towards the Gaster fragment, aimed at it's neck.

"I think that's the last of them." Undyne said. "Let's get back to Sans. They're at the ruins, I believe. We need to stop Fox-Face." Undyne began to walk off, towards the riverperson.

"Well, um... Maybe that episode is exactly what's happening right now and we need their help to track down the magical being? I mean, hypotheticly speaking." Alphys stuttered.

The fragment didn't flinch, as the foot merely went through its body, disintegrating it down to the fragment. It dropped to the ground, not cracking, but glowing.

"All of my SOUL fragments have been collected." Gaster said through the amulet. "Gather Papyrus, Alphys and James. Then head to our old lab."
"the one under the house?" Sans asked.
"Indeed." Gaster replied.
"alright then. kid, petals. we're moving." Sans said, his blue teleportation fire lighting up his left eye socket.

"OKAY! HANG ON, CAN I TRY SOMETHING?" Papyrus asked. "SANS TAUGHT ME IT, I'VE JUST BEEN TRYING TO HARNESS IT FOR A WHILE, BUT I THINK I GOT IT DOWN!" He exclaimed proudly.

comic

"Hmm... That sounds... odd." Asgore trusted Alphys, but he wasn't sure if he was getting the whole answer from her. "Do you mind if I tag along? I'd to speak with Undyne."

"Well. That was simple enough." Mettaton shrugged to himself as he scooped up the fragment, before turning around, and making his departure, returning to Alphys.

"Oh, um... Sure, I guess..." Alphys. "We were just going to regroup with Undyne, Papyrus, Sans, and James. That's the human, by the way." Alphys walked through the Capital, bumping into Mettaton. "Oh, hey Mettaton."

Last edited:

comic

"Alphys, darling, I..." Mettaton stopped once he noticed Asgore. "NO! LOOK AWAY!" He screamed, causing Asgore to jump slightly before turning away, bewildered. "Is there something wrong?" He asked, as he'd already seen the schematics for Mettaton EX by Alphys, he had no clue what the problem was.
"My body is still new to watchful eyes! You cannot see me like this!" Mettaton stated dramatically.

Sans teleported the trio over to Waterfall, where he saw Papyrus and Undyne. "hey, guys. how's life? and you got some fragments?"
"They're not the only ones." James said, his glider vanishing as he landed on the ground. "Got some shards as well, but I think that pop star robot has the last one."

comic

Mettaton ceased his scene, but began fanning himself. "Oh, of course, how silly of me." He stated. "Um... anyways, Alphys, I have the soul fragment from that strange monster... thing." Mettaton said, holding out the fragment.
Asgore looked at it, and his brow furrowed. "Alphys. I demand you to explain this." He ordered, only knowing that this soul fragment belonged to a monster, as Mettaton stated.

"I'm fine. Guess how Bonehead here caught the fragment?" Undyne smirked, putting a hand on Papyrus's shoulder. "The Magic of 'Fwiendship' always seems to work out. We get Mettaton's Fragment and we can beat Fox-Face."

"Um, well... A bit more about that Anime episode, there's a magical being who was the King's Royal Scientist, and now the characters looking for his soul fragments to bring him back to fight a greater evil."

"that's the plan." Sans said.
"Sans, do you think you might be able to give James back the pendant?" Gaster asked.
"huh? sure." Sans said, handing the pendant back to James. James used it to absorb the SOUL fragments collected so far.
"One left." James said, smiling. "Maybe someone could go get Alphys and Mettaton while the rest of us set up in Sans' lab?"

"SANS! YOU'RE INTERRUPTING MY ATTEMPT AT DISPLAYING MY AWESOME POWERS TO GET TO YOU... AND... THE HUMAN..." Papyrus trailed off as he realized he didn't need to teleport anymore.
He lowered his arms, letting out a sigh. "THIS IS DISAPPOINTING."

"hey, if you want to teleport you could go get alphys. just remember not to use up your magic like last time." Sans said with a smile. "whoever's not going to get alphys, come on over and we'll head to my lab."

comic

"Alphys. Enough analogies. Are you referring to the late Doctor Gaster?" He asked, noticeably calming down a bit. "Because if so, I'm finding this adventure to become increasingly unbelievable. I'm sorry, Alphys, but Gaster is gone."
Mettaton thought it wise to remain silent at this point.

"Y-Yes." Alphys stuttered. "Gaster's Soul Fragments were scattered, and now we're trying to find them and put him back together. There's a dark force named Fox-Fa, Ghast. We need Gaster to stop them."

"NYEH HEH HEH! I WILL RETRIEVE DOCTOR ALPHYS!" Papyrus declared as he puffed his chest out proudly, before his right eye flashed orange. "NYEH HE-" He was cut off as he disappeared into a few small red flames that quickly dispersed into nothing.

"-H HEH!" The skeleton monster finished as he appeared beside Alphys. "WOWIE! I'M GETTING MORE SKILLED!" He declared as he looked up at her, before realizing he wasn't supposed to be looking up at her.
"SHOOT." He sighed again. His torso up sat on the ground, everything below that was underneath it, buried.

comic

"I need to confirm this with Undyne." Asgore said, before Papyrus' sudden appearance.
"Oh my, Papyrus, what...?" Asgore looked down at the skeleton.
"This torture never ends..." Mettaton sighed as he hid from Papyrus' sight.

"OKAY! DO YOU WANT TO COME ALONG, KING ASGORE!?" Papyrus asked, brightening up despite circumstances, before tilting slightly. "AND YOU TOO, METTATON."
It was simply an assumption, but Papyrus was usually good at guessing. He knew that, from MTT's shows, the robot had been hinting at a new body, and Papyrus was eager to see it.

comic

Asgore simply nodded as Mettaton stuck his head out from his hiding place. "Oh, so does everybody know what I look like!? Alphys, did you seriously ruin the surprise for everyone!?" He yelled in exasperation, before turning back to Papyrus. "Fine..."

"GREAT!" With that, Papyrus' left eye flashed orange as before, and the four of them disappeared in a flash of red flame.
They reappeared mid-air above Sans, Undyne, James, Frisk, and Flowey. "SORRY, STILL GETTING THE HANG OF IT!" Papyrus apologized as they tumbled down upon the others.

James was shocked as Asgore arrived. "Uh... well, crud."
"before you say anything, asgore, the humans are with me. we'll sort this out later." Sans said. "for now, let's get to my lab. just so you know, no one can know about where we're about to go. that means you can't tell anyone about it. including you, flowey."

"I CAN TELL ALL THE FLOWERS ABOUT THIS THOUGH, RIGHT!?" Papyrus asked, talking about the echo flowers. "WAIT... FLOWEY!" Papyrus yelled at the flower. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"

"I'm here on official flower Business." Flowey said. "We have all the souls collected in one place. Can I go home now? And of course I won't tell anyone I was hanging out with you losers."

"NYEH HEH HEH! THAT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS!" Papyrus exclaimed. "EXCEPT ME! I'M YOUR BESTIE, RIGHT?" He asked, grinning down at the flower.

comic

The bewildered mountain king got to his feet before hearing Sans. "Sans." He said warningly. "I say we sort this out now. No point in delaying it." He said, folding his arms at the short skeleton.
"MORE!? ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS!?" Mettaton shouted as his body was revealed to everybody. He should be growing accustomed to this by now.

"completely a point." Sans said. "every second we waste is another second we could be sending getting gaster back, and another second that ghast has for whatever dastardly scheme he's cooking up. and flowey, you're staying with us."