• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How to set Title

How do you set the Title that some accounts have under there names when they post stuff. I have been wondering and cannot find it anywhere in my settings. Is it restricted for certain members?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
It's restricted, yes. Staff members get one, and we hand them out as prizes sometimes :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The main method is as prizes for contests and competitions, such as our creative challenges or Pokémon tournaments. :)

Pokemon tournaments? Would those be held in game, Pokemon Showdown (My main method for battling) or some other medium? Also, would the 2015 summer camp count as an example for a creative challenge?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemon tournaments? Would those be held in game, Pokemon Showdown (My main method for battling) or some other medium? Also, would the 2015 summer camp count as an example for a creative challenge?
We do both Showdown and WiFi tournaments here, and they can all be found in the Organised Play forum

As for the Summer Camp, yes, we gave out custom titles as prizes for those who completed it.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Both are possible,,and which you get can vary on what we're doing. For the Summer Camp, for example, I gave the winners their own choice of custom title, but not the ability to change it. On the other hand, the Pokémon tournaments tend to just award a fixed title for the winner.

Oh, Alright. (Man, now I have to get my showdown team tournament ready for battle when the next one comes around.) I just really wanted the title Spicy

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
At the moment, yes. The main issue is that we really need to do more contests and special events, because then we'll be able to have more ways to hand out custom titles.

@Teapot ! I have a question relating to this! Well, Halfway...but anyways, Are we going to do another Pokecharms Writing Summer camp? We could expand it to possibly be an Art's Summer camp where we do like a topic of the week kind of thing. Then Top 3/5 (depending on what you guys want to do) Can Pick a title! (Set it and have it unchangeable unless they win a new thing) How about that? Good way to hand out a bunch of Titles.