• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Johto league tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Let's keep the who beats who discussion at the tournament but I guess it happened again. So I guess you want me to explain what made me faint. A few years ago I was attacked by a ghost type Pokemon." Yannick turned his back to Riley and revealed a scar. "This attack left me with that scar on my back and a split personality. And every time my personality changes I faint. So anyway let's look up what Cortez gave to you."

"What type of ghost Pokemon could of done that?", Riley asked as Yannick told his story. "Anyways, let's go see what's in this flash drive.", Riley said as he got up from his seat and went to one one of the PC's. There he stuck the flash drive in one of the open space ls. Then the screen started to load up.

First a picture of a young Cortez showed up. Riley stated at in shock. "Don't tell me that he looks almost like me?!", exclaimed Riley to Yannick as he noticed an uncanny resemblance to between him and Cortez. "Cortez had started doing underground work at the age of only 16. Since then he has made his way to the top of the organization.", stated the AI. "Wow, he must've done a lot to get to the top.", Riley added.

A file popped up on the screen prompting Riley to click on it. It revealed some of the inside deals he had made and some plans he had for the future. "These deals and plans he has a certain pattern. It's like he was working on something thing bigger this whole time getting all the smaller pieces together first. But what was he looking for?", Riley asked as he turned to Yannick. Then he looked at the time.

"Shit! We have to get back to the stadium now! Our matches are starting soon.", Riley exclaimed as he started to get up.

"I haven't seen such a Pokemon before it was big had 6 legs 2 wings with 3 spikes on each one and 6 rips." Yannick described the Pokemon. "Wait shit you are right let's hurry up."

Drew woke up in the stands having a really weird dream. He saw that he was up. he procceded to walk to the stadium
" Let's try this again shall we." Drew said to Ella
" Go Moonlight." He said sending out his Clefairy.

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"Good luck." Ella said to Drew. The announcer started the match. Ella immediately threw a poke ball. "Go Mystic!" Her Sneasel appeared.

"Use Fake Out!" Mystic Ran towards the Clefairy and pushed into it.

Cleffary was nocked back unable to move for a few seconds. Drew smircked a little bit. ' That's one way to get this started.' He thought. Moonlight use moonblast." Drew said
Moonlight absorbed the power of the moon and fired it at Mystic.

"Use Ice shard!" Mystic ran towards Clefairy, and was about to fire ice particles at the pokemon when it got shot back into a wall by the moonblast attack. Mystic looked weak. "Quick, return!" Ella swapped Mystic out with Aquarius.

"Go Aquarius." A Vaporeon appeared. "Use Hydro pump!" A huge cylinder of water was shot at Clefairy.

Clefairy jumped away from the Hydropump. " Use light screen." Drew said. A wall of light energy appeared infront of Moonlight for a few seconds then disappeared. " Now use Moon blast." Drew said. Moonlight took in the moons rays as he fired a ball of energy at Aquarius

Aquarius attempted to jump over the moonblast but was hit due to poor timing."You're not getting away that easily. Aquarius, use ice beam!" A frosty line came from Aquarius and directed itself towards Clefairy.

Moonlight was unable to doge the attack and ended up as a block of ice. " Shit." Drew thought. 'This is a bad idea.' He put Moonlight back into his ball. " Go Ty." He said throwing out his Typhlosion.

Ty fell back. There was no question that he was hurt. " Hold in there Ty." Drew said. Ty walk back to the field and looks at the Vaporeon. " Use swift." Drew said. Stars flew out of Ty and flew straight towards the Vaporeon.

Ty fainted. " Return." Drew said. " You did great out there. Go Levi." Drew said. The Tyranitar appeared on the field causing a massive standstorm to erupt. " Stone edge." Drew said. Giant rocks broke out of the ground underneath Vaporeon.

Aquarius got hit a flew across the battlefield. She was weak but still kept going. Aquarius shot a Hydro Pump at Levi. Then, a huge amount of sand from the sandstorm developed into a tornado like figure and hit Aquarius. Aquarius fainted. "No!" Cried Ella.
"Go Twinkle!" The Clefable appeared. "Use Moonblast!"

Levi was barley able to take the moonblast. He was forced to move backwards. "Use Earthquake." Drew said. The earth started to shake

Twinkle got damaged by the Earthquake and fell to the ground "Keep going!" Twinkle got up. "Use Blizzard!" The area became very cold as thousands of snowflakes and ice were shot at Levi.

Twinkle got flung across the battlefield and fainted. "Mystic, it's down to you!" The Sneasel came out but was weak from before. "Use fake out!" Mystic ran up to Levi and pushed at him.

Levi was knocked back a little bit and was unable to move for a few seconds. " Use Earthquake again." Drew said.

Levi fell down as the ice hits him. " Return." Drew said. " Go Moonlight." Drew said. Moonlight was still frozen.

"We can do this, Mystic use shadow claw!" One of Mystic's claws turned darker and suddenly a shadow of the claw appeared on it. Mystic ran up to the frozen clefairy and slashed at it.

Moonlight is fling back by the attack and lands on the ground still frozen. Drew could tell that she took a lot of damage from the attack.

"Mystic use faint attack!" Ella shouted. Mystic turned darker and darker until he could not be seen. Then she hit Moonlight all of a sudden, but this hit was even harder than normal.

The Ice broke as Moonlight fainted. " Moonlight is unable to battle winner Ella." The Reff said. Drew walked over to Moonlight. He bent over to embrace the fainted Pokémon. " You did great out there. Rest." He said returning it to it's pokeball.
. He proceeded to walk towards Ella. " That was a great match Ella. Let's do this again sometime."

Yannick arrived at the arena as he saw Drews last Pokemon faint. "You have to be kidding!!" He shouted. "DREW!!! HOW COULD YOU LOOSE? YOU PROMISED ME A REMATCH!"

(OOC: Not quite how I planned it but the show must go on!)
"Wow that was fun! Your pokemon were tough!" Ella complimented Drew. When she walked back into the lobby, Patrick and Jonas congratulated Ella.
"You did great Ella!" Patrick exclaimed and Jonas nodded in agreement. "Whilst you were battling Drew, me and Jonas were discussing the events that have happened with Gideon and Team Rocket."
"We're all better now! But we're still battling each other in our round!" Jonas roared.

Meanwhile in the stadium, another battle was begginning-Steven vs Yannick.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next battle was announced Yannick vs Steven. "Let's do this! GO HOUNDOOM use Flamethrower!" Yannick sent out Houndoom.

"Houndoom hang in there one more Flamethrower should finish it!" Yannick shouted as Houndoom was knocked back from the Poison Jab.

Drew walked back to his seat in the stadium thinking about everything that happened. From Moonlight being frozen to the over powered feint attack.
Then he thought back to the promise he made the current Viridian Gym leader back when he started this. " One day I'll be the best. And I will run this gym." And after two League tournaments he finished 8th and 16th. Not the best he could hope for. But he wouldn't give up not until he won or lost the World tournament. but that was going be a long time from now. For now he could only hope that he will do better in Hoen.
( Cortez)
Cortez watched the battle from the stands. " He lost. How could he lose to her." He took a deep breath as the match went to Yannick and steven. " And He won figured as much."

As Steven sent out his next Pokemon Jolteon Yannick choose to withdraw Houndoom. "Ok go Scizor!" Scizor wasn't fast enough and got hit by a Signal Beam that confused it. "Scizor snap out of it and use Night Slash!" Scizor again was slower and took a Thunderbolt that packed extreme power. After taking the Thunderbolt Scizor hurt itself in confusion what caused it to faint. "Dam thats bad luck! Return! Go Umbreon!" Umbreon used Dig to get underground while Jolteon used Light Screen and then tryed to Voltswitch but failed the timimg what caused it to take a direct hit from Umbreons Dig. Jolteon then used Thunderbolt but Umbreon took that attack and connected with another Dig. Jolteon looked weak but managed to attack one more time with Signal Beam. Umbreon took heavy damage from that attack but managed to use Dark Pulse knocking Jolteon out. Stevens last Pokemon was Gengar. It used Shadow Ball and Umbreon used Dark Pulse. Both Pokemon got hit and managed to hold on with just a little bit of energy left. Yannick and Steven ordered the same attacks again but Gengar was faster and Umbreon fainted before it could attack. "Return Umbreon. Ok Houndoom just a little bit more!" Houndoom came out of its Pokeball and struggled to stand. Steven ordered his Gengar to use Psychic but it didn't effect Houndoom while Yannick told Houndoom to use Foul Play what caused Gengar to faint and Yannick won the battle.

Yannick went to see Drew. "I guess you leave me no choice but to follow you to Hoenn. I want my official rematch with you!" He said

Status
Not open for further replies.