• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex returned Kia's high five, as Alex patted the Galarian Corsola, before placing him gently on the floor. Diamond looked pleased and slightly prideful in his battle, and scuffled in a rhythm around Sled. "I didn't expect Diamond to do that well, but guess it all worked out!" Alex said to Kia. Rose came down with Flake in her arms, running up to Diamond and congratulating it. Alex also sent out Blaze and Wynd. The Raboot did the same as Rose, and started to throw Diamond in the air, and caught him. Rose did the same, both having fun.

"Well, uh... how do I put this... do ya have any... weaker Pokemon? See... I want to see if my new partner is capable of battling WITHOUT being in immense pain, so I haven't trained them at all in hopes of finding someone who could hold back. So... that's Mitch, that's Max."

Gabblimey pointed to the corresponding parts of their body, and Max nodded while shivering intensely. Seemed like an unfortunate case of being brought into existence.

Alistar thought for a bit before nodding and sending out Dragonair, "I'm not certain on her strength right now since she just evolved, but she's one of my newer Pokemon and isn't as well trained as the others." He said, "also, what is that? I've never seen anything like it before..." he asked curiously, gesturing towards the shivering Arctozolt.

“Um...yeah! Congrats...I suppose I’ll go next then, if it’s alright you guys...” He returned Scruff to his ball, and went into the gym after he got his uniform on.

After the gym challenge, he walked onto the pitch. Firstly, he sent out Bundt against the Ninetales...the Alcremie got Will-o-Wisp'd, and retaliated with a Metronome...she used Slash, landing a critical crit on the Ninetales. After a Round, the Ninetales went down. When Arcanine came out, he tried another Metronome...but this time he summoned a Grassy Terrain, and was taken out by a Flame Wheel. Out came Rocky Road, who absorbed a Will-o-Wisp. He then attacked with an Ancient Power, creating a silver energy ball to launch at Arcanine...after one more, the Legendary Pokemon went down. Then came the Centiskorch...they both Dynamaxed their Pokemon...or in Kabu's case, Gigantamaxed. Centiskorch used Max Flutterby, but it didn't use much damage. A Max Rockfall slammed down on Centiskorch, felling it in one hit...Salasa shook Kabu's hand, and walked back to the lobby, a bit more of a confident expression on his face.

"Great job, Salasa! I guess its my turn!" Kia gave a thumbs off, but wiped the smirk off her face as she entered the gym. She easily completed the gym challenge, so she approached Kabu. She used Mudd and fainted both Ninetales and with two Water Guns. Kia Dynamaxed Mudd, and Kabu Gigantamaxed Centiskorch. All it took was a Max Geyser, and Centiskorch fainted. Kia shook Kabu's hand and entered the lobby.

"Mhm...good luck!" He smiled, going to the stadium to watch the match. He was a bit shocked at how fast she completed the challenge, but didn't mind. He took out his phone to text his mum as he went back to the lobby, raising his hand for a high five. "Great job! Seems you're, uh...definitely a lot better at battling than me." He chuckled, rubbing his arm. He then raised his eyebrows, looking behind Kia. "Hey...is that..?" A blob of pink was dancing around the lobby...it was happily imitating people...a Mime Jr. "Do you think that might be the same one from before? Like when you found Sled?"

Dragonair attempted to block the oncoming Powder Snow with Aqua Tail, which was semi-successful, however a lot of it managed to break through the makeshift shield. Weakened from the super effective blow, Dragonair reeled back after getting struck. "Counter with Slam!" Alistar yelled, Dragonair slithered along the ground toward Mitch and Max and attempted to wrap them up with it's body, before slamming them into the ground.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Well, that was quick." Alex said as the others got their badges and returned to the lobby. She looked over to the Mime Jr. that has apparently followed him. "Well, it's definitely has taken a liking to you. You might as well catch it!" Alex agreed with Kia. "So, are we going to Stow-on-Side now?" She asked the two. "Because if we are, then that means that I'll be visiting my parents," Alex said, reminded about when she first went to Galar. She returned all her Pokemon, except for Rose and Blaze.

"Yeah...I dunno if it's the same one, but...huh?" The little Pokemon hopped over to him, happily chirping. Seems it recognized him. "Wow...it is the same one! And...huh?" He glanced over to Alex. "Really? That's pretty cool! I'm gonna send my mum the Vulpix I caught in the Gym Mission...she said she's got something for me as well." He smiled, walking outside...a Corvisquire was waiting for him, and handed him a package. Inside it was...an...apple? "Huh? Um...thanks, mum...I guess..." He placed it down, taking out Smith so he could chow down. He was busy writing a note and giving the Corvisquire a Great Ball...he didn't notice that the apple was starting to glow blue. The Mime Jr blinked, staring at the evolution in wonder.

Max let out a loud, high-pitched scream when they were slammed against the ground, then immediately fainted. Weak Pokemon her butt, the thing just got one shot! Coil lightly dragged them away, and they twitched every so often, so it was still alive... for better or worse.

"... First, ow my ears. Second, ya sure that thing's weak? It already feels like it's almost all the way to a Dragonite. Can't really gauge this stuff well, but that lad feels like they're four times stronger. Coil, be a dear and get them healed up."

Coil nodded, carrying Mitch & Max over to the center. They soon came back together, and the abomination seemed to be alright now. Time to train them even more so they could stand a chance against others...

Alistar, surprised by the sudden provocation, pulled his wrist from Gabblimey's hand. "Oi, I'll follow you but no need to grab my hand like that." He said angrily, while continuing to follow behind her. "Also, is this gonna become a permanent thing?" He asked, he'd grown quite fond of travelling by himself, but travelling with others also had it's perks.

"You'll be coming along with me as long as I find your presence beneficial. Expect to be in the Tangle a while, I can tell Mitch and Max have potential, and there's been a Pokemon I've been eying for a while in there. So it'll be much more than a training session, it'll also be a taming session. You'll get to see my magic touch right before your eyes. And I'll grab your wrist if I want, as far as I'm concerned, you belong to me."

Gabblimey grabbed Alistar's wrist again, this time with a tighter grip so he couldn't just pull his hand away. She then dragged him into the Glimwood Tangle, sending all her Pokemon out into the grass to train, but keeping an eye on her new partner to make sure they were safe.

Alistar sighed as he was dragged away into the Glimwood Tangle, he knew he wouldn't be getting out of this for a while. Once in the fabled forest, he too sent out all of his Pokemon. As they played around the offcolored grass and odd mushrooms, Alistar couldn't help but admire the place, it was unlike anything he'd ever seen. He'd definitely come back here on his own one day he promised himself.

Gabblimey was pleased by how much progress Mitch & Max were making, she didn't expect them to do so well in battle... although they still screamed in pain every now and then. She looked around a little more, trying to spot a specific Pokemon in the wild. She heard a small whinny off in the distance, and she gestured for Alistar to follow. She sneaked into a bush, then watched carefully as she caught a glimpse of a bright, bushy tail. She reached into her jacket pocket, looking at an assortment of berries in order to determine what to use. She started by tossing out a Tamato Berry, then giving off a whistle top attract them. It took a little, but eventually a Ponyta found the berry that was laid out, then began sniffing it. Now she had to wait to see if they liked the type of berry.

The Ponyta trotted away from the berry, which meant it wasn't a fan of spicy. Next, she tried a Mago Berry, skinning it a bit so its aroma wafted through the air. The Ponyta came back, sniffed the berry, then immediately ate it, bucking in happiness. Gabblimey tossed out another one, closer to the bush so that the Ponyta inched forwards toward her. As they chewed on it, Gabblimey came out carefully holding another berry. The Ponyta was startled, going back a bit before sniffing a bit, slowly walking towards her. Gabblimey nodded, having them take the berry from her hand, then lightly stroking their mane. They were pleased by this, lightly leaning in for pets. After obliging, she lightly tapped her forehead against their horn, and their mane glowed brightly. They gave a whinny, then lightly headbutted against Gabblimey's leg, so she pet them more. Seemed that she made a fast friend.

"Alright, lass... ya wanna come along, don't ya? A name, huh? How about... Rarity, because you're just that special? Yeah, ya like that name don't ya?"

Rarity trotted and jumped around Gabblimey, clearly happy. All that was left was that egg and she would have a full team.

On Duncan’s way to Circhester, he noticed two trainers in the under bush of Glimwood Tangle. He thought he’ll go to them and probably have a battle, but as he got closer one of the trainers was Alistar, the other one he didn’t know.

“Hey, care for a battle.” He wants to see what this new trainer is capable of. He reach for his closest Pokémon, so he’ll be ready when they accept the challenge.

Rarity nuzzled against Gabblimey's leg, then she stood beside her. Duncan approached them, but she literally did not have the time or care to battle at the moment. She already had two members to train up, and she had no clue when that egg would hatch.

"How about ya piss off? I don't have time for third rate trainers with fourth rate teams. And ambushing us while we're training, don't ya have any class whatsoever? I've already determined it, you're not worth the time or effort. Now go ahead and lose to Milo in Turffield, rookie."

She lightly brushed her hand through Rarity's mane, and she lightly headbutted her again.

Alistar stood up from the bush as the Ponyta seemed to be more tame. "Nice work, it really seems to like you." He said, signalling to his Pokemon that it was OK to be louder now. He shrugged at Duncan with an apologetic expression on his face when Gabblimey turned down his offer, but otherwise just got back to training his Pokemon.

After a good sleep, the duo of Doc and Scorbunny woke up, refreshed and ready for action. Well, at least Scorbunny was. The little bunny Pokémon sprang around the room with such energy and was fueled with adrenaline. Doc got out of his bed, half asleep, and accidentally ran into Scorbunny as it was bouncing around. He screamed him surprise, but quickly caught himself.

“Scorbunny, I have to—oh.” He looked towards his Pokémon, noticing how messy it’s pelt was. “You have so much dirt on you! Guess we both need to get washed up, huh?” Scorbunny looked at him with confusion.

After an hour of pulling and tugging to wash the fire-type’s coat, and getting washed and dressed himself, the two were ready to head out. Doc put on his backpack and grabbed Scorbunny’s Pokéball from the table. Scorbunny hopped on his shoulder, and Doc winced.

“Gosh, have you gotten heavier?” He sighed, and headed out of the inn. Stepping on to the brick surface, he pointed in the direction they needed to go. A dirt path was visible ahead, along with a cave on a hill. “There it is, let’s roll.” Pushing up his backpack, he made his way towards the route.

The hard, stony road began to shift towards a dusty, grassy floor filled with wild Pokémon. Scorbunny hopped from his shoulder, running towards and standing on a rock, feeling the wind blow against its fur. A tuft of grass shook, and out popped a Zigzagoon, which slammed into Scorbunny. Doc, startled, turned towards it in anger.

Gabblimey whistled for her team to come to her, it was almost time for her to take on Bede. She had Rarity take her turn for training though, giving her a bit of guidance before sending her out. She then grabbed Alistar's wrist again, dragging him away to a secluded area.

"Awright, we can have our battle proper now since Mitch & Max are all trained up now. And if that twit is stupid enough to follow, we both take him down."

While walking to Circhester, he thought of the trainer with the Ponyta. He wasn’t sure if she was very confident in her abilities as a trainer or just straight up rude.

After a while of walking, he made it to Circhester and went to get something warm to eat because of how cold it is, while eating he thought of doing some training before challenging the gym but he also thought of looking a around for a bit too.

Last edited by a moderator:
“H-hey! What was that for?” Doc shouted toward the Galarian form of Zigzagoon, who just looked at him. Scorbunny got up off of the ground, wiping the dirt from his fur, and sprung towards his trainer. Scorbunny looked extremely furious, as if the colored tips of his ears were really alight with fire. Doc looked down towards his partner, a little nervous, but took a deep breath. “Alright... Let’s capture it! Scorbunny, please use Tackle!”

Scorbunny took a standing start, before shooting forward at high speed. The Zigzagoon was a caught off guard by Scorbunny’s speedy movement. Scorbunny, using the momentum of the start, slammed its body into the Zigzagoon, causing it to fly across the ground. Zigzagoon regained its composure, using a paw to spin on the ground and run towards Scorbunny, retaliating with a Headbutt, causing the white Pokémon to lose his breath and topple over. Doc rushed to his partner’s side.

“Scorbunny! Are you alright? I’m sorry I did that, I really should have been more careful and I proba—“ Scorbunny put up his paw, as a gesture to be quiet. Doc made a small smile, and Scorbunny slowly got up off the ground. “Hmph! I won’t give up either then. Scorbunny, Ember!”

Scorbunny’s red sac began to turn into a brilliant orange, and he inhaled some air before puffing out his cheeks. In one shot, Scorbunny released his breath, and out shot a small, condensed orb of fire, aimed straight at Zigzagoon. The black and white Pokémon panicked, and was struck by the burst of fire before it. Zigzagoon took the hit, but was startled and weak. Doc took out a Pokémon, and shot it towards the Galarian Pokémon. “Go, Pokéball!”

The red and white ball hit the top of Zigzagoon’s head, and a red light enveloped it, shooting into the Pokéball and leaving no trace of it left. The Pokéball began to shake. One... Two... Doc clenched his fist, praying that he would be successful. Scorbunny watched intently.

Three! Three stars popped from the ball’s button, and Doc faintly smiled, sighing with relief. He picked up the Pokéball and grinned at it, seeing his giant face as the reflection. He looked back at Scorbunny. A wave of pride surged over the duo, and Doc pressed the button, shrinking the Pokéball and putting it in his backpack. Scorbunny started doing a little dance. Doc laughed.

“C’mon Scorbunny, we gotta keep it moving!” Doc called out in excitement, and Scorbunny hopped away with him just as eagerly. “Let’s get through that cave!” Doc said, much louder this time, and Scorbunny followed suit. “Let’s capture our next Pokémon!”

"Alright, I'll use a weaker Pokemon this time too, just to be sure." He said, as he scanned his pokeballs for the best match. He picked one off his belt, looked at it for a second as if he was thinking about it before nodding to himself and throwing it in the air to reveal Pawniard- the only Pokemon he had yet to evolve at least once. "Like last time you can go first."

"No, it's...it's definitely Stow-On-Side. Now, let's see..." he chose a Quick Ball, and tossed it at the Mime Jr...who promptly dodged it. "Jeez...this fella just doesn't wanna be caught..." Mime Jr grinned, happily bouncing around Salasa. "Well...he does seem to like me, but...maybe I won't catch him just yet..." He shrugged, glancing down at Smith to pick him up...but instead, he was face to face with a Flapple, who squawked in his face. "W-Wah! What the...you...evolved? Oh! Mum must've gotten me a Tart Apple...Good on ya, mum! Alright!"

Entering into the first of the Galar Mines, Doc and Scorbunny looked around anxiously as Woobats flew swiftly across the cave and Drillburs popping out from the ground. A droplet of water fell into Scorbunny, who, in surprise, kicked Doc and flipped back on instinct, causing him to fall.

“Ow! Scorbunny...” Doc stood back up. “That really hurt, y’know. Ouch....” Scorbunny laughed nervously, scratching his head. Doc sighed, and white bunny hopped back on his backpack. “Let’s get out of here fast. I don’t want to stay here anymore than you do.” Doc looked around and spotted some railroad tracks as Carkoals rode across. Scorbunny looked at them, intrigued.

“We’ll catch one of those later. For now, let’s get through here so we can get to the next city and take a break.” Scorbunny nodded, and the two continued to walk through the mine, avoiding Digletts and Roggenrolas.

While walking around Hulbury Ender desided to head over to a shop to buy some food before he continues his adventure, as he entered the shop Applin jumped out of Enders messenger bag and into some apples. Ender didn't notice at first but Patch did and went after Applin. Ender saw what happened and started to call for them

"Applin, Patch! Get back here! We need to buy some food before we go to the next gym!" Ender said while trying to find them

Walking out of the Pokemon Center, Zak decided that his 6th gym badge would be easy to obtain. Those fairy types of leader Bede's had stood no chance to his Gigantamax Toxtricity. The only problem Zak had, was that he had made no valuable friends on this journey. He saw few gym challengers battling outside. It seemed that one of the boys had also listened to the crazed professor lady on Route 6. At least it was one more dragon type for his team. He decided to go watch. While Zak walked over, he brought out his Pokemon to see the battle.
"Come on out! Toxtricity! Appletun! Boombox! Murasaki! Dracozolt!"
As he neared the battle he saw the other Pokemon was a Pawniard. To be honest both trainers seemed strong, but he would be the judge of that. He would be the next to battle one of them.

Kia folded her arms as Smith evolved. She glanced at her team and scrunched her eyes. Only two of her pokemon had evolved, and she didn't even have a full team! She let out all of her pokemon, except Ikari. "Why can't any of you evolve? I've been training you well, but only two of you have evolved! Mudd, your first evolution was at the first gym too! Everyone else is evol-" She was cut off by Sasai ramming into Kia angrily. Kia returned all of her pokemon and turned to Jake. She glared at him. "Fine, we can go now."