• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"Well...some of your Pokemon might evolve later in their life. I think that's the issue...but there's not really any rush, right? Your Pokemon should evolve at their own pace." He shrugged, as his brand new Flapple landed on his shoulder, squawking a bit more. "I think we can go now. I'd bet that quite a few trainers are ahead of us...like Gabblimey. I wonder if she's caught...well, no, not caught...made friends with any new Pokemon."

Doc looked at the bridge in front of him, and he trembled in fear. He was not exactly one for heights, and the thought of crossing a bridge at this elevation scared him. Gathering his guts, he began to cross the bridge of the mine, wobbling with each step he took. Scorbunny, who had been walking behind him, rolled his eyes and quickly hopped across, heading for the exit. Doc took a deep breath, and ran across, shouting in fear. He easily made it across, but panic still pulsed through his brain. Scorbunny touched Doc’s check a couple of times, and soon he snapped out of it.

“Haha, thanks Scorbunny... I was a bit scared. Maybe ‘a bit’ was an overstatement.” Scorbunny sighed, putting one arm on his hip and pointing towards the exit. They both began to head for it when an angry Diglett blocked the entrance, and came closer to Doc and Scorbunny. Both of them backed away.

“Uh...hey? You alright....?” The Diglett’s rage grew as it approached closer, and struck first with a Scratch attack at Doc. Scorbunny defended him, pushing the mole Pokémon away from his trainer. With fury, the Diglett retaliated with a Mud Slap. Doc sprang into action.

“Quick, Scorbunny! Move!” He cried. Scorbunny hopped out of the way, avoiding the Mud Slap. “Now, Double Kick!” Scorbunny ran towards Diglett, pausing in the middle of the sprint, and somersaulted into the air, crashing down with a kick to the face, followed by another kick to the side of Diglett. The Diglett, now more upset than ever, fired off a Mud Slap, scoring a direct hit on the fire type, and causing it to be blinded by mud.

“Scorbunny!” The white rabbit bounced around in surprise, trying to rub off the mud but making it worse. “Scorbunny, oh no...” He took his partner and placed him near the wall. Doc looked back, a little worried, but felt Scorbunny tugging on his shorts, and pointing towards his Pokéball. Doc got the idea. “Alright, let’s try it. Go, Zigzagoon!”

"Alright! Let's recap after that battle with Bede." Zak would always talk to his Pokemon about how the previous battle had gone. "Toxtricity! First of all, great work finishing off Gardevoir and Hatterene. That G-max Stun Shock is looking good! Just make sure to work on the accuracy your Sludge Bomb." Toxtricty nodded in agreement and ran off to go watch the match.
"Boombox and Dracozolt. Despite being Dragon types you guys still fought good battles. And you Dracozolt, this was your first gym battle and you really pulled through taking out that Rapidash. Boombox, I know you felt weak because you fainted. But brush it off, keep training hard and I know your day is coming. And I have a feeling it's going to be soon." He then nodded to all his dragons to go watch the match.
"Now Mura," He said looking at his teapot Pokemon. "You did do well, but since we can't find that Technical Machine for Shell Smash or you haven't learned it yet, I thought despite that you did really well. Taking down the Mawile when Boombox couldn't finish it. But just remember, if I use Appletun over you, it's because he needs training and you aren't put to good use without those moves. Again, you did well, but just try in remember that, OK?" Mura cried in agreement, and Zak and it went over to join the others. Man it did not look like this match was going anywhere fast.

(Also just a side note, what if someone did like art of all the trainers and their final teams? And maybe one where everyones together at the champions cup? Just an idea).

After some think, he decided to go challenge the gym, do he can ahead of the competition. The Gym Mission was something unexpected but he got through, and she stood, Melony.

She sent out Frosmoth and he sent out Blaziken, Frosmoth was at a disadvantage against Blaziken and almost fell with one Blaze Kick finishing it off with another Blaze Kick. She then sent Darmanitan which went down as fast.

She then sent out Eiscue and Duncan sent out Corviknight, when he used Steel Wing the opposing Pokémon didn’t take any damage, which annoyed him. After two Steel Wings the Pokémon fainted leaving Melony’s last Pokémon, Lapras.

Pawniard grunted after being buried under a massive pile of snow, and was kinda stuck. That definitely did some damage. "Pawniard, break out with Metal Claw, then use Night Slash!" Pawniard began slashing at the snow she was buried under with her claws, eventually digging herself out of it before attempted to swipe Arctozolt across the chest with Night Slash.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Well, hopefully when they evolve, it'll be worth it." Alex responded to Kia. "Onward to Stow-on-Side!" She said before sprinting away to the Wild Area. She had a smile on her face, reminiscing about her first time there. Wynd flew in the air with Diamond on her back, the two enemies now bonded. Astral and Rose were playing as always, and Blaze held Flake in his arms, the small Snom marveling at the large Wild Area. While waiting for the others, she decided to train Astral and Wynd. Astral evolved and Wynd was trained for her upcoming gym battle. She then returned to East Lake Axewell and waited for the others at the entrance.

Last edited:
While the group walked, Jake looked around.

A bush rustled nearby.

Jake stopped and looked over, as Sonny raised an eyebrow.

Suddenly, a Nickit charged out of the bushes and snatched Jake's phone out of his hand.

"Hey, what the-" Jake started, as the Nickit landed on the other side of them, the phone gently being carried in its mouth.

It seemed to grin as it stood up straight.

"Nick-Nick-Nick-Nick!" It "laughed".

"You little..." Jake started.

Sonny hopped down from his shoulder and got ready.

"Easy, Sonny...lets let Baltimore have some training," Jake said, and grabbed the Rookidee's ball from his belt.

After it was tossed into the air, the small bird pokemon popped out and flapped its wings to stay in the air.

The Nickit growled at the bird, and hunkered down.

At Jake's command, Baltimore flew straight at the Nickit, using Peck, sending the fox pokemon back a few feet.

It quickly got up, and ran towards Baltimore, tackling him.

Baltimore flapped upwards to avoid another hit, before he repeated Peck.

This repeated for a bit, before Baltimore started to lose.

The bird shakily and slowly stood, grunting a bit.

"Come on...come on..." Jake said while he bit his lip.

Baltimore stood, his eyes shut.

He then opened them, and instantly was covered in a bright glow.

"Nick?!" His opponent said in confusion, as Jake and Sonny's eyes widened, with Jake letting out a gasp.

Baltimore grew and changed, as he got bigger.

Finally, the light vanished; the Rookidee had become a Corvisquire.

"Corrrv!" Baltimore said as he spread his much larger wings to intimidate the Nickit.

Nickit's ears flattened, but he still bared his teeth.

Baltimore lifted off, and stayed a bit of the ground.

He then unleashed Gust on his opponent.

Nickit tried to stay in place, but soon got blown back against a tree.

Jake quickly pulled an empty pokeball off of his belt and tossed it at the Nickit.

Before the fox could react, he was sucked into it.

The ball landed on the ground and shook as a red beam blinked on the button.

Once. Twice. Three times. Click.

Jake slowly grinned widely, before he ran over and scooped up the ball and his phone, as Sonny hopped up and down in excitement.

"You did amazing, i had no idea you would evolve on me!" Jake said with a smile, as the newly evolved Corvisquire perched on his arm and cooed a bit, and gently rubbed against him.

"Heh...nice going." He added as he scratched under Baltimore's chin, before he returned him to his pokeball, attached Nickit's to his belt, and walked back over to the others with Sonny, as he wore a grin on his face.

Last edited:
Pawniard screeched as the Avalanche hit her again, and subsequently the Thundershock, these attacks were definitely taking their toll on her. "Alright, use Screech and then Night Slash again!" Alistar commanded, Pawniard once again screeched as high as her lungs could go, before pouncing at Mitch and Max to attempt another Night Slash.

Pawniard didn't manage to dodge this avalanche, and fainted too due to the sustained damage. "Guess it's a tie then." He said, "might be a good idea to head to Ballonlea now, unless you can think of anything else you need to do here?" He asked while spraying both of their Pokemon with Super Potions, being extra careful with Mitch and Max as he didn't want it to freak out or anything.

Last edited:
"Hold on there young trainers," Zak said stopping the two trainers in their tracks. "I think I need a battle from some... Strong looking trainers. But I guess looks aren't everything, maybe. But I guess you can be the judge of that." He held out his hand in between the two trainers. "I'm Zak, and I want to be the strongest Dragon trainer in Galar, no, the world!" And as he said this, his Pokemon behind him nodded in agreement.

Gabblimey tossed a glare to Zak, then proceeded to size them up. Nothing too impressive, must've gotten lucky to get here so far. It was about time that they learned their position with her.

"Yeah, we don't deal with trainers as disappointing as you. You're the young one if you're having such dreams, they're not possible to achieve. Run along before we show you just how meaningless your feeble attempts of success are."

Max opened his eyes, with Mitch standing back up, feeling a lot better. They waddled a bit, ready to head off to Ballonlea.

"Is that so? Well at least one of you seems nice. Well your Pokemon do look in no shape to battle after that one. Well in any case I would like some friends to journey with. How many gym badges do you guys have? I have 5 so far. Bede was real easy. So I really hope that he's easy for you guys as well. Not that you need it. It looked like a pretty spectacular battle after all." He returned his focus to the female trainer. "If you just tried a battle with me. I'm sure you'd be surprised. But since your Pokemon look rather beaten, then maybe it would be better if we went to the Pokemon center first. It'd be real nice if you let me tag along."

After finding Patch and Applin, Ender bought a variety of different Pokeballs, potions, revives, and food. After that Ender went to the Wild Area to train and catch a new team member. He soon ran into a rather strong looking galvantula, and tried to catch it.

Ender brought out Stunfisk, "Stunfisk use SnapTrap" Ender said
When he said that Stunfisk trap the galvantula in something like a beartrap.

Ender through an ultra ball at the galvantula.
One shake, two shake, and three shake.
"Galvantula is mine" Ender said.
After training his team for a few hours, Ender started heading toward the entrance of Hammerlocke.

Last edited:
"I can barely deal with this chump, and ya expect to come along? Ya don't know what you're saying or hearing. Ya run along, else you'll be shown your place, lassie. 5 seconds."

Gabblimey grabbed Alistar's wrist again, calling her Pokemon to come with her. She began dragging him over to Ballonlea, clearly not wanting to speak with others.

Ender and his team soon entered Hammerlocke after trying to sneak past any other trainers, he went straight to the Pokemon center to heal up. After that he called a flying taxi to take him to the Diglett Statue near Stow-on-Side so he could take a picture of it.

When he got there he took a picture of the statue, but heard some talking behind him.
He asked what's going on and someone said that someone there could restore fossils.
Which made him remember the Old Amber on his necklace that he got on a trip to the Kanto Reigon when he went with his dad on a trip through the caves.

He asked the person restoring the fossils if they could restore the Old Amber, and soon Aerodactyl was restored.

As they walked through the Wild Area, Jake is quiet.

"Nickit...likes to steal...fox..." he thought out loud, as he scribbled down name ideas into a notebook.

Also on the same page appears to be name ideas for Sonny and Baltimore.

If Sonny had chosen differently or Jake hadn't happened to look at the sun during the naming process, the Scorbunny could have been named "Sunny Side Up" and "Broil", among others.

"Ugh...Nickits...them, Thievul, and Skwovet are just the worst...but maybe it's just because I grew up gardening with my mum...she had to get a Boltund to help protect the field from those thieves." Salasa grumbled, wandering over to the Digging Duo to spend the watts his mother gave him. He got a few fossils, and was satisfied...he walked back, admiring a Leaf Stone. "Say...Kia, your Leafeon evolved using one of these, right? These evolution stones are pretty! I might have to start a collection or something."

Once in Ballonlea, Alistar had a bit of a look around. Just like the Glimwood Tangle, he'd definitely come back here he thought to himself and returned to Gabblimey. "So, anything you want to do here before we head to the gym? " He asked, "I looked around and there doesn't look like there's much here so I'd much rather just get the gym battle over and done with." He said.

"I did have one, but I didn't plan to use it. You see, I wanted an Umbreon and I didn't know where to find Eevee anywhere. If I had seen one, I wouldn't care about having the other become a Leafeon. But, IKARI, here, just couldn't wait. COULD SHE?" Kia's face turned mad. When she realised Baltimore evolved, she stomped. She mumbled something incomprehensible and folded her arms. She calmed down and picked up Sled.

"Sounds fine to me. As much as I love seeing Bede's cocky face, this city bugs me to no end. It's so bright and colorful in such a dark place, it's irritating how much light there is without the sun."

Gabblimey tapped her foot as she glanced around the area. Ballonlea was so boring to her, there was almost nothing here besides the stadium. She wanted to get through and over this place already.

Once the Theivuls and Nickets left Ender, he had to go find his bag hoping they just his it somewhere. The only problem is he's in the wild area with no pokemon. He looked around near WatchTower Ruins when he saw one of his Pokeballs fall from the top, along with a tart apple. He wondered why those two things fell. But he couldn't question it, he let his Applin out and have the tart apple to evolve it. Applin started glowing bright, he was soon face to face, not with Applin but a with a Flapple.

"Woah, you evolved into a Flapple. That's awesome" Ender said.

He desided to send Flapple to get his bag, Flapple started to fly up to the top, and grabbed his bag. He flew back down and gave Ender his bag.

"Let's stay away from here for a while" Ender said, while walking out of the wild area

Alistar flew past the gym mission with ease before walking into the stadium and beginning his battle with Bede. First up was his Mawile, so Alistar used Golbat first. He had Golbat use Toxic, and followed up with a Wing Attack. Mawile retaliated with a Play Rough, and Golbat managed to finish her off with another Wing Attack.

Next up was his Gardevoir, being one of his more powerful Pokemon, Golbat only managed to land a Toxic before getting KO'd by Psychic. Alistar sent out Pikachu next, using Electro Ball and Mega Punch to finish her off. His second to last Pokemon was Rapidash, who hit Pikachu with Psycho Cut and Dazzling Gleam. Alistar managed to knock him out with a lucky Paralysis from Thunderbolt and an Electro Ball. For Bede's final Pokemon, Hatterene, Alistar withdrew Pikachu and sent out Dewott. The two dynamaxed their Pokemon and Dewott managed to hit a Max Knuckle, before being hit with two G-Max Smite's with a third one on the way. Just as Alistar had thought it was over for Dewott, he began glowing and changing shape like he did in Turffield- he was evolving again! Out of the light presented the form of a Samurott, who with his newfound power managed to withstand the final G-Max Smite, and end the fight with one final Max Knuckle.

Alistar walked up to the gym leader who he'd just defeated, he looked a bit bitter about it and didn't shake his hand but gave him the badge anyway. Alistar walked back into the lobby with Samurott, congratulating his partner on his evolution.

A beaming white light appeared from Doc’s Pokeball and out came the Zigzagoon. The black and white Pokémon turned looked around in confusion at the cave, and then back towards the fuming Diglett, growing aggressive as well. Zigzagoon was about to leap, just before Doc called out to him.

“Zigzagoon! Wait a second.” He walked towards Zigzagoon and bent down, getting closer to his level. “Can you please work with me? Just for now, ok?” The Zigzagoon nodded, before turning back to the Diglett. Doc ran back, and he took a deep breath, having more confidence in himself.

“Zigzagoon, Headbutt!” Zigzagoon charged at the Diglett, ramming into it head first and causing it to stagger back. Diglett attempted to return the blow with a Mud Slap, but with Doc’s command, the dark-type avoided the mud. “Now, use your Lick!” Zigzagoon went forward and sent a huge wet Lick towards Diglett, causing the mole Pokémon to be stunned for a few seconds. “And now, use your Headbutt!” Zigzagoon struck with a Headbutt, weakening the ground type even further.

Doc pulled out and launched a Pokéball at Diglett, and the brown creature was sucked into the device in a red light. In three shakes, the ball turned off, and Diglett was sealed. Doc, internally, began to celebrate, feeling happier than ever. He went over and picked up the Pokémon, and then went to Zigzagoon, kneeling down and petting him.

“Wow, Zigzagoon! That was awesome! I’m so proud of you!” Zigzagoon squeaked in happiness before licking Doc. “Ok, ok! Let’s get out of this cave first, then you can give me all the licks you want!” He picked up Scorbunny, who had fallen asleep surprisingly fast. Doc and Zigzagoon headed for the exit, both in high spirits. “Almost there, guys! Almost there!”

Gabblimey saw Alistar finish his match, and took the opportunity to start her own. It was almost like the gym mission didn't exist, because she literally breezed through it no problem. While she walked in, she thought one thing: how was she going to absolutely humiliate Bede? She wanted to make sure that he understood who was better. Then one other thing crossed her mind: when was this egg going to hatch?! She got it in Hulbury, and now she was in Ballonlea! It didn't matter, though, she was ready to shove that narcissistic boy's face in the dirt. The match began with Coil and Mawile. Coil didn't spare any time, going straight into the offensive with Flame Wheel, taking a Crunch or two from them before Mawile went down. Next was Gardevoir, which defeated Coil with a couple of Psychics, not before taking a Bug Bite head on. Mark was deployed next, and took down both Gardevoir and Rapidash before being confronted by Hatterene. It grew to a massive size, and was hit by one last Shadow Claw before being crushed by G-Max Smite. Mitch and Max were brought in, and were smacked by another G-Max Smite before raining down a powerful Avalanche. One last G-Max Smite, and Mitch fell to his knees as Max unleashed one last Avalanche. Cor finished the fight with a hearty Apple Acid, and Bede was forced to give Gabblimey her badge. She smugly glared at him, whispering in his ear.

"I can tell ya were nervous... the way the light refracted off your sweaty hands... that look in your eye that said 'I'm finished'... I loved every second of it, and ya better believe you know your place. You are beneath me, remember that for the future..."

Gabblimey walked back into the lobby, and tasked Cor and Rarity in helping the others to the center. She held her egg at her waist and looked to Alistar.

"Ready to head out yet? Circhester is a ways away from here, so we'd better get moving."

Gabblimey nodded, following along with Alistar. The big thing she wasn't looking forward to was she would probably run into those chumps again. And due to that, she wanted to train so that when they came along, her team could crush them so they'd leave her alone for good.

"Alistar, there are some things I want to do in the Wild Area as well. I'll need help with some Max Raids, those'll help out a ton in the long run."

“Alright then, we’ll head to the Lake of Outrage then, since that’s where I need to go and I’m pretty certain there’s a den or two there.” He said, beginning to make his way back to Hammerlocke. As they walked, Alistar reflected on his journey so far and where it would take him next, he was past the halfway mark now and as he looked back he realised how far he and his Pokèmon had come, smiling to himself.