• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

The Xatu exploded after being hit so much, but Gabblimey decided to let it run, and picked up the spoils. She got exactly what she wanted, and used the TR on Mark so that he learned Amnesia. She climbed out of the hole, and looked to the sky for another den with a light coming from it. Next one was a bit away, over in Dusty Bowl. She just required the help from Alistar once more... and about 5-6 more times.

Alistar agreed to help her with obtaining the other TR's, and although it took a while and he was exhausted afterwards, he'd at least gotten some good things out of it too. He taught Samurott, Megahorn and Raichu, Thunder with the TR's he'd obtained and had gotten his hands on some other good ones that he would save for another time. "Well, I got everything I wanted, what about you?" He asked.

Gabblimey got most of the things she needed, but unfortunately she mistook some TRs for TMs, supposedly. She got Iron Defense for Mark, then another Amnesia TR for Cor. She also got a couple for Hankero, just to make adjusting a bit easier. One of the most important ones was Leech Life for Coil, as she needed a good Bug type move soon. Rarity had evolved during her training with the rest of the team, so Gabblimey got her TRs for Play Rough, Megahorn, and High Horsepower. She was feeling good, and not just because her team was ready to take down anyone who crossed her.

"Yeah, let's head to Circhester. This time, ya get to see what it's like for someone to be absolutely demolished in battle. And if ya win again... you're in for a special surprise. Pitter patter."

Gabblimey lightly stroked Rarity's mane, then hopped on her back. She was always curious what it was like to ride a Rapidash. She soon decided it wasn't for her, so she got off, and beckoned for everyone to follow.

He noticed the jealousy, and mumbled softly, returning Scruff to his ball. "Yeah, let's keep going..." As they walked on, Salasa was soon stopped by some crazy lady, who was sniffing the air. "You have them...don't you? This way, this way! Let Cara Liss do her work, young man!" She snatched the two fossils he got from his bag. "H-Hey, stop! Wait!" he chased after her, only to find that odd machine she had was moving...and out came a white light, showing a brand new Pokemon...but something was off...the brand new Dracozolt looked around in a panic, shrieking...it was obviously not supposed to be alive. The once excited Salasa's face turned to shock. "Um...thanks, I...guess..." he mumbled softly, trying to pat the new Pokemon on the head...however, it snapped at his hand, giving a high pitched shriek. He walked away from that lady...the Dracozolt followed, but it didn't seem to happy about being in this world.

Gabblimey smirked, she had already won Alistar to her side, that meant her strength was amplified by a factor of... maybe 1.02... if he was lucky. Still, even the smallest amount would help eliminate these false trainers... except one. She wanted to take down that runt, Salasa, personally.

"Yeah, if ya think you're such hot stuff, then ya should be able to take a bit of grease along with the fire. So what'll it be? Ya gonna chicken out?"

"Erm...well, it's...something alright..." he mumbled, examining the Pokemon curiously...he glanced down at his Phone to see the Dex...even it had info on this bizzare creature...he couldn't tell if it was a real Pokemon or a freak of nature. "Um...I think I'll call him, um...Skreebo. Or something...jeez, he doesn't look...happy..." he mumbled...he grabbed a berry from a nearby tree to offer the Dracozolt...it sniffed it, then hissed a little...however, it still ate it. The creature seemed to calm down a bit, but still seemed very upset. Salasa fed him some XP candies next, so he could get his levels up...the Dex had said that it was only level 10. Skreebo seemed to like these much more.

Alistar threw his Pokeball to reveal his Krokorok, this gave him an advantage over Blaziken due to his ground typing. "You ready Krokorok?" He asked it, he gave a head nod to his trainer, then sized up the competition, his eyes focused on Duncan's Blaziken in particular. Alistar was hoping he could win this time, despite the Z-Moves that Duncan has up his sleeve.

Seth had taken his time getting to where the others were. He had needed more time to deal with all of the memories that were brought up. He had delt with a lot pain on the streets, and it did not help that he had to deal with a girl who took him as someone who was not worth her time.

Though he did not care as he was not attracted to girls, it still hurt that she was as rude as she was. Before he left the city, he gathered up some of the food that he had made. He wanted to give it to the girl as a peace offering, but she had ran away before he could do so. With a confident step, he found where the kids she helped were.

They were a little abrasive, but when he held up his hands and offered the food, it was taken from him with persesion. "Listen I know what it is like guys. I may not be on the streets anymore, but I do remember what it was like. Just know that not everything is forever, and don't ever let go of your dreams."

With that he was off, and he followed the group to the wild area. He may have spent longer time there then most, and that was because he had done some forging for ingredients. When he had made it back to the group he seen what that woman had done.

Seth was horrified, and started to text someone on his phone. It did not take long for them to get back to young breeder. The person on the other line said they would take care of the unlawful experiments on the fossils.

Walking up to the unknown pokemon, Seth made soothing sounds towards it. He also held out some pokefood for it. "Hey it is ok big guy. No one here is going to hurt you." Seth was calm as he tried to get the pokemon to trust the group.

Gabblimey was ready, and she called over Hankero for this fight. She trusted that Alistar would take care of that Blaziken quick. Hankero got ready to take down that Fraxure as soon as possible. This was his first battle against another trainer, and he didn't want to disappoint his newfound owner.

"Since ya think you're so good, you can go first. That is, if ya truly think that ya stand a chance against your superior."

Kia scratched her head. "I'm not a genius, but I'm pretty sure fossil pokemon don't work like that." She walked straight past it, giving a small smile as she passed. She noticed how close they were, as she could see a bit of the town. She also saw a Sandaconda, which looked perfect for Mudd to take down. Kia pointed, and Mudd leapt forward, spewing water everywhere. As Mudd landed, she dug her feet into the ground and used Bide. The Sandaconda used Skull Bash twice, nearly taking Mudd down. Mudd charged into Sandaconda as it went in for a third one, and fainted it. Mudd then started glowing, and grew into a Swampert. "Wow, Mudd! You evolved" Mudd smiled and walked back to Kia.

Skreebo growled at Seth, and tried to lash him with its tail when he got too close. "Erm...I'll go somewhere else...maybe I can help train it, and that'll make it a little...erm...friendlier." He whistled at Skreebo to get his attention, and went to go back to train...when he came back, Skreebo seemed a bit tired, but seemed miles friendlier...at least towards Salasa. It still seemed to dislike the others. "Skreebo likes to battle, it seems...oh wow, congrats!" He had noticed the newly evolved Swampert. "That's so cool...hmm...I haven't done as much training cus I had Scruff out for a while now...but I'm sure it's fine." He returned Skreebo to his Pokeball, and took out Funky. He grinned at Mudd, also congratulating him for evolving.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Wow, you're really... lucky?" Alex said to Salasa, staring at the Dracozolt. "Congrats, looks like everyone's Pokemon evolved!" She said as Mudd evolved. Blaze looked up to the newly evolved Swampert, wondering when he would evolve. Alex got to the city and took a right to a quaint, yet nice house. She knocked on the door and a tall-ish woman with blond, long hair opened the door, and gave Alex a hug. "Aww, my little Alex is growing up!" The woman said as Alex sighed, yet had a slight smile whilst returning the hug. She then turned to the others and said: "Everyone, this is my mom," The woman also chipped in: "Oh, but you can just call me Alice!" Alice said, a warm smile on her face. "Alex has told me so much about you all! You must be Kia, Salasa, and Seth! She's also talked a lot about a boy named J-" She was rambling before Alex cleared her throat quite loudly and forcing a nervous, small laugh.

Kia, easily being able to put two and two together, smirked. "Nice to meet you. I'm Kia, the best of us all." She turned to Alex. "You could have told me!" She started to whisper. "I thought you two were a bit awkward... no wonder why." Her smirked formed a grin. Kia prodded Alex with her elbow, giggling.

Jake had started to draw a wild Bunnelby into a blank page of his notebook, while he sat on a stump after they arrived in town.

Sonny sat against the side of the stump, and looked at the sky.

Jake clearly didn't hear the girls' conversation, or he probably would have reacted.

He blinked and looked over, and stood, as he walked over.

"O-oh, is this your mom?" He asked with a smile, his face a tad reddened.

"N-nice to meet you," he waved to Alex's mom, as he started to stutter for the first time in quite a while

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex immediately groaned and put her face in her hands, as her mother had a slight smirk. She then looked at her daughter's Pokemon, specifically Blaze and Rose. "Ah, Rose and your little Scorbunny evolved!" Alice said. By the mention of Rose, a Tsereerena appeared out of the doorway and walked up to the Steenee. Rose's face lit up as they both did the same identical pose. "Speaking of Lily, where is Aaron?" Alex asked, looking over to the Tseerena. "Your brother's been busy in the Wild Area and the Nursery. He's also been donating eggs there," Alice replied. She then looked over to Jake, and introduced herself once more. "I'm Alice! I'm assuming you're Jake?" She said while glancing over to Alex occasionally. Alex returned to her groaning.

Kia realised that she was the only one that figured it out, so she kept quiet. She saw the Tsareena and added it to her notepad. On the front, she wrote Kia's Encyclopedia. She took out a book and flicked through it, to see where Tsareena came from. She remembered that Alex came from Alola and Tsareena did too, meaning that this Tsareena did too. She closed her book and agreed with Salasa. She saw the Glimwood Tangle "When me and my family first moved to Galar, we took a detour to Glimwood Tangle, where I caught Uma. Oh right, he's a Galarian Ponyta." Uma came out and stomped his feet repeatedly on the ground. Kia ducked down as Uma jumped at her and ran straight at the Street Market. Kia whipped around and chased after him, shouting "Sorry!" as she ran.

Kia grabbed on Uma's tail, and got dragged along the floor. Her hoodie ripped and she groaned as she went over a sharp rock. Kia held out her hand for Salasa to grab on to. If he held on, she could lift him on Uma's back, saving him from running out of breath. Uma sprinted into the Glimwood Tangle, and Kia hauled with all her might in an attempt to get Salasa up. She didn't know if the others were following, but Salasa was close behind her, making him Kia's main concern. Uma skidded to a halt, flinging Kia off his tail and making her land in front of a Galarian Rapidash. Uma cuddled the Rapidash and knelt down.

Jake watched as the runaway Ponyta drag Kia and Salasa off.

"Um...should we...follow them...?" He asked, as he blinked.

"...either way...Sonny, go see if you can catch up with them. We'll meet you back here." Jake said, as he let the fire bunny down to the ground.

Sonny blinked in suprise but nodded, and hurried after the three into Glimwood Tangle.

"Worst case scenario...i let Baltimore out and he looks for em from above." Jake sighed a bit, as he watched his partner vanish after Salasa and Kia.

"So...now what?" Jake asked, and looked at the remaining people, as he smiled sheepishly.

Sonny found himself in the dark forest, surrounded by giant glowing mushrooms.

The rabbit bit his lip, as he slowly started to walk around, and looked for any signs of two trainers or a Ponyta.

...wait, Ponyta are everywhere in this place, right?

The scorbunny stopped.

"...scor..." he sighed, continuing.

"Scor scor scor, scor scor scor!" He said out loud to himself, in what sounded like an impression of Jake as he walked.

Arceus, he regretted his loyalty.

Last edited:
This Ponyta was really fast...he wasn’t sure if he could keep up, but he did his best...he was able to hold on, but Funky let go of Salasa so he could be pulled up...he was light enough for Kia to haul him up, at least. He held onto Uma tightly, a little afraid of what was to come...eventually, when the Ponyta skidded to a halt, Salasa was flung off and landed on his face, groaning...he glanced up, rubbing his cheek. "Oww...that was a ride..." He mumbled...Funky ran into Sonny in the tangle, and leaded him over to the group...when Salasa finally snapped back to reality, he looked around...he looked a little spooked. "Erm...it's a little, um...dark, don't you think..?"

After struggling a while to set up the camping tent and get some food going, Doc successfully managed to cook some curry for his Pokémon after his mom made it for him. However, he would soon be feeling down as his first attempt at making dinner would end in failure, as he accidentally made the fire too big and stirred too fast, causing their to be less curry then before while also being burnt. The team went to bed on a unsatisfied stomach that night.

However, the next morning was different. As Doc knew the gym battle was approaching, he woke up early and practiced with his Pokémon a bit. Unfortunately, again, they goofed off during the training session causing their trainer to be very upset and disappointed. Doc called it quits and decided to just challenge the gym. After healing up his team, he made it to the front doors of the massive Turrfield Stadium.

Hesitantly, Doc went through the door, and was greeted by a few citizens who were off to the spectate the next match. Doc was impressed by the lobby, but was confused on where head to. A few seconds later, he headed to the receptionist. After learning he didn’t have any gym clothes, he was offered a pair, and chose the number five. Heading to the rooms to dress, he care back out in his new uniform, and began to enter to the challenge room for his trial to the next gym.

“Hello!” The gym guide greeted him. “This is the Turrfield’s gym puzzle. In fact, it’s quite simple; you need to get all of these Wooloo onto the blue pad in order to knock down those hay bales!” He pointed towards the Wooloo who rolled around with carefreeness. “But be careful. You need every Wooloo, so don’t forget any, ok?” Doc nodded, and took a deep breath, heading for the herd of Wooloo.

Kia accepted the stick and held it up to see how far had gone in. Instead, she saw around twenty baby Ponyta and a Rapidash. Kia knew which one was Uma, so she looked at him. The Ponyta was leaning on the Rapidash seeming content. Kia understood. "This is your home, isn't it? I'm guessing that's Sparkle then." She turned to the group to explain. "When I met Uma, I was originally going to take the Rapidash, which I called Sparkle. However, I ended up catching Uma and didn't nickname him until I started my journey." She put her hand on Sparkle, who shook her mane.

"H-Huh? Oh, thanks Sonny..." Salasa smiled softly, standing up. "I really don't like the dark...u-um, but don't tell anyone, please..." He mumbled softly...he seemed a bit flustered about it. He looked over the Ponyta, and looked at the Rapidash in awe. "Wow...well...that's pretty neat, meeting a Pokemon you know..." he smiled softly, returning Funky to his Pokeball and sending out Bundt. She also didn't seem to like the dark, and clung closely to Salasa's leg.