• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

Zigzagoon was the first Pokémon sent out. Milo sent out his Gossifleur, and Doc was intrigued by the grass type, almost losing his focus. He quickly snapped back and got ready to battle. Making the first move, he commanded his Pokémon.

“Zigzagoon, use your Lick!” Zigzagoon raced forwards and gave the grass-type a sloppy lick, causing it to look grossed out and causing Zigzagoon to laugh. Gossifleur retaliated with a Magical Leaf, commanded by Milo. Spinning around, Gossifleur took a few blades of grass from the ground, and sharpened their points. Mystical aura began to glow around them, and they were hurtled towards Zigzagoon. The striped Pokémon curled up into a ball, hoping to avoid the leaves, but was ultimately hit. A look of shock covered Doc’s face, but turned straight into a look of determination. He knew he had to win and get this victory.

Zigzagoon struck back with a Headbutt, but Milo was not one to give in, commanding Gossifleur to use Rapid Spin, turning the leaves on its body into razor-sharp blades, and spinning like a top furiously towards the black and white Pokémon. Zigzagoon was knocked back and forth by Rapid Spins as the flower-like creature continued to increase its speed.

“Zigzagoon! Lick!” The Lick was unsuccessful as Gossifleur used to speed to avoid Zigzagoon’s attacks. Zigzagoon, growing dizzy, sat down, unable to see properly. Milo raised his hand, calling for Gossifleur to use its Round attack. Gossifleur sang a melody, causing musical notes to strike Zigzagoon. Upon contact, they popped, revealing a large explosion, and ultimately causing Zigzagoon to faint. Doc recalled his Pokémon. Nervous, he tried his best to keep his composure, and grabbed his next Pokéball. With shaking hands, he told himself to calm down, and sent out his final Pokémon—Scorbunny.

Alistar nodded, then began to lead the group up through Circhester's winding streets, stopping occasionally to check his map, until they reached the gym near the back of town. "Well, here we are. Let's get inside quick, I'm freezing to death right now and I know that you are too." He said, hurriedly fumbling with the door handle using his cold hands before he headed inside. He breathed a sigh of relief as the heating began to increase his body temperature almost as soon as he got through the door.

Last edited:
"I can stay here if you want me to. It might be better if we do stay here as they might be getting done with what they are doing. I hope they are ok though. Hopefully Shade finds them." Seth stood with Jake and Umbre. He hoped the others would come out soon, as they had been in there for a long time, and he was beginning to be worried about them.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex was walking through the forest, slightly drifted away from Shade. Rose could see something through the trees, and got Alex's attention. Soon, a Kommo-o appeared before Alex, the Dragon-type giving a wave. It took a while to Alex realize who's it was. It surely couldn't be wild. A young, blonde-haired man in a red hoodie walked up to his little sister. "Heyyya, Lexi." Aaron said in an tone that he knew would annoy Alex. She groaned. She hated it whenever he brother called her "Lexi". Nonetheless, she was happy to see him. They were talking until they found a small clearing where Kia and Salasa were seen battling the inhabitants of Glimwood Tangle, with Shade just arriving. "These are your friends, I'm guessing?" Aaron asked while patting's Scale's.. well, scales.

Last edited:
"Huh? Oh, hey, it's you! I suppose we're training...Kia kind of dragged me into this battle, more like. Not that I mind, of course! It's fun battling with people! Or, um...at least people that are friendly..." Seems Gabblimey was still on his mind...he really wanted to show her what for. Bundt, though a bit dazed, seemed to recognize Shade and waved.

Scorbunny hopped out of its Pokéball, eager and ready to fight. Milo smiled, complementing Scorbunny’s energy, and commanded for Gossifleur to use a Rapid Spin. Scorbunny was caught off guard by the grass-type’s speed, getting blown back.

“Wait...” Doc began to think. Slowly, he raised up his hand. “Scorbunny, use your Agility!” Scorbunny hopped from side to side with increasing speed, managing to move blisteringly fast after a few of those. “Now, use your Ember!” Gossifleur was also commanded to use a Rapid Spin, but Scorbunny was able to intercept the the flower Pokémon and blast it with a powerful ball of fire, taking out the Gossifleur. Milo sighed, recalling Gossifleur, and sending out his next Pokémon, Eldegoss.

“Eldegoss may not look all that much bigger, but just wait! It’s time to Dynamax!” Doc and Scorbunny backed away as Eldegoss began to Dynamax. The small Pokémon grew to such an extent that it was almost half the size of the size of the stadium. “Now, let’s show ‘em your dynamaxed attack! Use Max Overgrow!” Eldegoss shot out multiple seeds from the cotton on its back, and then all began to plant themselves in the ground. Suddenly, large saplings and leaves burst from the ground, slamming Scorbunny straight into the air. Using his instinct, Scorbunny rebounded and landed on blade of grass, although a bit worn.

Doc grew worried, trembling, and talking to himself. “W-what should I do...I—Scorbunny’s going to lose like this! I have..I..” Scorbunny dodged another Max Overgrow, skidding to the ground after being smacked by a leaf. Doc looked at the bunny, who turned back towards him, giving Doc a fierce look. Doc smiled. “I have to focus!” Taking a quick breath, and letting Scorbunny regain his footing, Doc commanded for an attack. “Scorbunny, Agility!” The white fire-type bounced from side to side again, increasing his speed. Another Max Overgrow was commanded by Milo. As the seeds shot down, Scorbunny braced himself. Plants shot up, and Doc gave a shout.

“Jump on the blade of grass!” Scorbunny quickly moved with his new speed, running and climbing up to the top of the grass. “Jump as high as you can and Ember!” Scorbunny leapt from the grass, firing an Ember and hitting Eldegoss at its head. The Pokémon squealed in pain while Scorbunny hopped off the grass, somewhat exhausted. Eldegoss reverted to its tiny self, also looking a bit winded.

“Scorbunny, use your speed and finish it! Double Kick!” At a rapid fire pace, Scorbunny slammed two kicks into Eldegoss, sending it tumbling across the grass. Eldegoss tried to retaliate with a Razor Leaf, but Scorbunny avoided it with ease. “Double Kick again!” The fire-type shot another two rapid fire kicks at Eldegoss. Milo commanded it to use Round. As the musical notes flew out, Scorbunny was already tired out and was hit with the notes, falling back. Doc looked a bit crestfallen, but didn’t push his partner. “Scorbunny... You don’t have to get up if you— ” With determination, Scorbunny got up. Doc smiled with happiness, and got ready for one last command. “Alright Scorbunny, Ember!” Pudding out its chest, Scorbunny launched a fireball towards Eldegoss with the rest of its strength, burning the grass-type to the ground. As the flames cleared, Eldegoss didn’t move, and was knocked out by Scorbunny, who sat down in relief and weariness.

Gabblimey and the team got dragged in with Alistar, and they all sat down. The cold was killing them... and to think that there was more, plus freezing cold water. She didn't know how she was going to get there without getting ill. There really was only one solution left.

"Alistar... you do your challenge first. The lads and lassies need a long, warm rest, else they'll freeze."

"Right, I understand." He said as he turned to enter the arena. He got changed into his gym jersey and completed the challenge. He met with the gym leader, Melony, at the center of the pitch and the battle began. She sent out her Frosmoth first, Alistar quickly ran through his options in his head before sending out Pawniard. Alistar had Pawniard use Screech then Slash, guaranteeing massive damage. Both attacks connected, severely weakening Frosmoth. Frosmoth used Icy Wind, landing a solid hit on Pawniard. Alistar told Pawniard to use Night Slash, landing the attack and finishing off Frosmoth.

Next up was her Darmanitan, Alistar kept Pawniard in and started off with Metal Sound, crippling it's special defense. Her Darmanitan managed to land a Fire Fang afterwards, putting Pawniard out of the fight. Next up Alistar used Raichu, knowing a quick Thunderbolt would probably be the end for it. Surely enough, a Thunder Wave and a couple Thunderbolts later, it went down with a thud.

Her second to last Pokemon was Eiscue, this might be a bit of a harder one due to it's special ability. It started off with Amnesia, meanwhile Alistar set up with a Tail Whip, before having Raichu use a Double Team and Mega Punch combo. Eiscue used Hail, singling out Raichu as he was about to throw the punch, and blew a Freeze-Dry in his face, freezing him, before finishing him off with an Icy Wind. Alistar sent out Krokorok next, he knew that rock type moves were super effective against Ice-types, and Krokorok knew Rock Tomb. Alistar started off with a Swagger, confusing Eiscue, before K.O'ing it with a Rock Slide and Earthquake combo.

Melony's last Pokemon was Lapras, the two trainer Dynamaxed their Pokemon and began the last battle. Krokorok was hit with a G-Max Resonance, weakening him quite a bit, before retaliating with a Max Quake, throwing the Lapras off-balance as it went for a Max Geyser, narrowly missing him. The Lapras once again went for a Max Geyser, this time landing the hit. Krokorok, now on it's knees, began to glow. Alistar knew the drill by now, this meant he was evolving! As the blue light enveloping Krokorok grew and grew, his form began to change until the light dispersed to reveal a powerful Krookodile. Alistar, who just a few seconds before was nervous about losing, had regained his confidence. Alistar checked his Pokedex for Krookodile's new moves, smiling at the vast array of moves he could now choose from. He settled on Outrage, which was sure to finish Lapras, especially now since they were no longer Dynamaxed. Surely enough, Outrage finished off Lapras in no time, the battle was over and he'd won!

Alistar shook Melony's hand and recieved his Ice Badge, returning to the lobby with a smile, and a newly evolved Krookodile. "Well, that went well!" He said to Krookodile, who agreed with a cry.

Gabblimey was not in the lobby when Alistar came out from his match, neither were her Pokemon. She soon came back in, her face extremely red from the cold outside. She shivered as she signed up for her match, then changed into her uniform. The gym challenge wasn't the best, since she couldn't really tell where she was walking. She made it to the end nonetheless since you really can't fail a gym mission. She stepped onto the field and sighed, she knew that people all over could see her and know she gave in. She reached towards her back... and tossed a Poke Ball onto the field, and Coil popped out of it. Gabblimey had no choice, there was no way that her Pokemon could make it across the next route. Melony sent out her Frosmoth, which was absolutely decimated by Coil, who one-shot it with a Fire Lash. She was very pleased by her strength, and did a victory wiggle. Next was the Darmanitan, who repeatedly used Fire Fang on Coil while she used Coil twice. The Darmanitan and Coil knocked each other out with a blazing clash or two. Gabblimey returned Coil, such a weird feeling, then sent in Cor, despite his disadvantage. The Eiscue popped out, but this was a lucky situation for Gabblimey. Cor fired a glob of Apple Acid at the Eiscue, lowering their Special Defense, but they quickly countered with a Freeze-Dry, immediately causing Cor to collapse. Cor was returned to his ball, then Hankero was brought into the battle for his debut. He took aim, and fired a powerful Flash Cannon at Eiscue, blasting them against the wall of the stadium as their head spun. Finally, here was the piece de resistance, Lapras, who quickly Gigantamaxed. The G-Max Resonance crashed down onto Hankero, and the Aurora Veil was put over Lapras. Hankero fired his Flash Cannon again, inflicting only a small chunk of damage. Another two G-Max Resonance attacks slammed into Hankero, and he fell. He was returned, and in came Rarity, who was upset how much this trainer had hurt her friends. She got extremely physical with Lapras, barraging them with Play Roughs until they finally fell over. They deserved one more hoof to the face, and Rarity obliged as she trotted back. Gabblimey shook Melony's hand, but spoke no words as she accepted her Ice Badge and returned Rarity. She was ashamed to have succumbed to put her Pokemon away in balls, but there was no choice. She entered the lobby, crossing her arms and looking toward the ground.

"I'll... I'll be fine, thank ya. Let's hurry along now, been waiting to fight Marnie for a while now. It's the one gym you're on an even playing field for. Plus, the sooner and quicker we move, the less cold we have to tolerate. Let's move..."

She held Alistar's arm again, waiting to take off. She really wasn't looking forward to the next route... so much ice and water.

Alistar couldn't help but notice the pokeballs Gabblimey had on her now, he realised she must've gotten them for her Pokemon while he was having his gym battle. He decided not to say anything about it though, and just moved on through the bitter cold. When the two reached one of the inevitable bodies of water, Alistar took one look at it and knew there was no way they could feasibly just swim through it, especially in this kind of weather. So he sent out Samurott to help them out, "Time for you to s-shine again buddy!" He said with a bit of a stutter due to the cold, he hopped on Samurott's back and gestured for Gabblimey to do the same.

Alistar nodded, signalling for Samurott to move forward. This place was much more hostile than the Lake of Outrage, as many Grapploct chased them through the winding river. When they finally crossed where the freezing cold ice and snow met the green grass near Spikemuth, Alistar breathed a sigh of relief. “Finally outta that frozen hell.” He said, “hopefully there’s no more extreme weather like that.”

Gabblimey would be glad to see the cold ended. Would was the keyword, because... upon reaching the shore, she wasn't with Alistar. While on the way there, without Alistar seeing due to his focus on rushing ahead, Gabblimey's grip grew very weak, along with her vision dulling. She had held her head while on the back of Samurott, and fell off into the icy water. She could barely be seen, floating in the water about halfway down the river, completely unconscious. Her balls had been secured, luckily, in her jacket.

Shade nodded as Salasa explained themselves. She then told them the real reason she had came by. "I heard you had a Toxtricity. I was wondering if I could see this creature, once you have the time."

When she was done explaining herself in turn, she noticed some people had come around to watch. It was Alex from earlier and she had a man with her. He had a Kommo-o with him. Now, she loved other Pokemon, not just the ones she specialized in. She walked over to the Kommo-o and held out her hand to allow the Kommo-o to smell her scent before she began petting it, all the while shining Alex's brother a smile and a question. "May I pet your scaly friend here? My name's Shade, a researcher born in Cocona Village, Oblivia and raised north of Mt. Moon, Kanto. What's your name? I'm assuming you are Alex's brother."

A Pokemon popped out of Shade's PokeBall. An orange, floating, surfing mouse appeared. The Alolan Raichu shook her head and breathed in the Glimwood air deeply, loving the scent. She then looked over at the Kommo-o and let out a greeting squeak, then let out another one as she saw Alex's brother. She floated over to the older man and waved her hand at him, and then smelled him as she floated around him. After doing this, she put out her paws and came in for a snuggly hug, all the while her cheeks began to smell like sweet, savory pancakes.

Alistar dismounted Samurott and turned to see if Gabblimey was OK, but to his surprise she was nowhere to be found! He frantically began to look around- if she wasn't around here, then that meant she was still back in the icy cold water, and that was definitely a bad thing. After becoming certain that she was still back there, he sighed. He couldn't just leave her there, so he released all of his Pokemon from their pokeballs to get their help. "Alright lads, Gabblimey's missing out in that freezing water, so we've gotta find her. If you spot her, find me and Samurott then let us know." With that he remounted Samurott and set off back into the cold.

About ten minutes later there was still no sign of her, and Alistar was starting to lose hope that she was still out here. That, and he was starting to freeze up, that was, until he heard the cries of his Golbat who gestured for him to follow. Alistar pointed Samurott in the right direction, and sure enough, about another five minutes later, they'd found her. All of his other Pokemon were crowded around her, lifting her out of the water as best they could. Alistar hopped off Samurott into the water to help, his legs were freezing now, colder than they'd ever been. He waded through the water as fast he could, Samurott close behind and helped his Pokemon lift her onto the back of Samurott, making sure to put her in a position she wouldn't fall off of. Alistar remounted Samurott once again, his legs ached now thanks to the cold, but he was sure they'd be fine. "Thanks for all your help guys, there's no way I'd of found her myself." He said to his Pokemon as he returned them to their pokeballs.

Alistar made it back to the green grass in about fifteen minutes, regularly checking on Gabblimey to make sure she didn't fall off again. As soon as he crossed that border he hopped off Samurott and laid her down on the ground, before checking her pulse, it was still beating so that was a good sign, but she was extremely cold to the touch. He didn't have anything he could use to warm her up, that was until he remembered her Centiskorch, Coil. He rummaged around for her pokeballs, finding them in her jacket and releasing them one by one until he found the one Coil was in. He explained what had happened to her, and asked him if there was anything he could do to help her.

Last edited:
Alistar rushed over to help her. "Hey, hey! Take it easy, you were just submerged in below zero temperature water for god knows how long!" He said as he helped her to her feet, "it's probably best we stay here for a while so you can regather your strength. Spikemuth isn't far off if you still want to try get there, but I wouldn't recommend it."

Gabblimey winced as she began taking more steps forward. She wasn't stopping now.

"N-N-No... I-I-I'm n-n-not g-g-giving u-u-up n-n-now. I-I-I h-h-have s-s-so m-m-much r-r-riding o-o-on m-m-me... I-I-I c-c-can't s-s-stop n-n-now..."

She took a couple more steps before screaming in pain and falling to her knees. She brought herself back up, and slowly began walking again, letting out a small groan with every step. She really had some strong perseverance.

"Look, the further you push yourself like this the worse it's gonna get. I really admire your perseverance right now, but this is no time to keep moving forward." He said as he caught up to her, Alistar was really concerned now that she was gonna hurt herself even more if she kept going. "It wouldn't be the end either, you regain your strength and you come back strong as ever. Maybe even strong enough to win the League Tournament!" Alistar was hoping that maybe some motivational words would convince her to stop, but he couldn't be sure.

Alistar sent out Golbat to go get help, sending him toward Spikemuth. He didn't know what to say, he'd never been in a situation like this before. "Don't worry, Golbat's gone to get help. You're gonna get through this and you're gonna see the Pokemon League, I swear, I'll make sure of it." He said, kneeling beside her, it was all he could really do in this kind of situation. He began to look around for firewood, least he could do now was try to keep her warm by starting a fire.

Alistar finished building the fire and sat down next to Gabblimey to wait for help to arrive. “Y’know, when I first met you I absolutely hated you, never thought I’d end up helping you avoid certain doom, but travelling with you since Stow-on-side has really made me realise that you’re not as bad as you may seem at first. You’ve really brightened up my journey, and for that I thank you.” As Alistar finished his speech, Golbat arrived with a Nurse Joy from Spikemuth, who began treating to her wounds.

Gabblimey winced in pain any time that Nurse Joy did something. She wasn't very keen on receiving help, but she had no choice, she couldn't move. Gabblimey blushed lightly, but it was hard to tell from her face already being red.

"W-Whatever... y-ya S-SHOULD b-be t-thankful t-that y-ya h-have m-me a-around. Y-Ya b-better t-take b-better c-care o-of m-me n-now, l-lassie..."

Alistar chuckled, Nurse Joy finished up before long and suggested Gabblimey take it easy for a bit while her body recovers. “Here, let me help you up. Least we can do is get to Spikemuth before the sun sets. I’ll help you walk if you need me to, or I can have Samurott take you there.” He said, standing up from where he was sitting.

"P-Please d-do... I-I s-still c-can't f-feel m-my l-legs. W-We n-need t-to f-finish t-the g-gym c-challenge, a-and n-nothing i-is g-going t-to g-get i-in m-my w-way, n-not e-even y-you..."

Gabblimey waited to get moving, not being able to walk was a big issue for her. Her team members that were out carefully returned themselves to their balls.

Kia nodded at Shade, before turning back to the battle. Uma had healed Bundt with Heal Pulse. "Ok, let's see how quickly we can end this! Stomp!" Uma leapt up and crashed into the opposing Ponyta with her front hooves. It stumbled a couple of steps, before fainting. Kia punched the air and turned to Shade. "If you want, we can leave first. I keep spotting weird pokemon staring. Its creepy, actually." She noticed Alex and a random guy appear. "Alex, where's everyone else?"

Seth held up his hand as if to say, no I got it. With that he pulled out a great ball and threw it up into the air. When the light dissipated, a large Charazard appeared. His eyes seemed to settle onto Seth. Walking up to him, Seth rubbed his neck. "Hey Blaze I need you to fly above the forest to see if you can find our friends and see if they need help."

Seth turned back to Alex, and spoke. "If you want to send out your Corvisquire then go ahead. It might be better as two pokemon can cover more ground. Also Alex this is Blaze."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"You guessed right, I'm Aaron, Lexi's brother." He said, with a smile on his face. "Go wild, he loves it!" Aaron replied to Shade while patting the Alolan Raichu on the head. Scale also gave a wave to The Mouse Pokemon. "Oh, Jake and Seth are in Stow-on-Side." Alex said to Kia, before turning to her brother. "Why did you come back to Stow-on-Side anyway?" Alex asked. "I decided to come back for Willow," Aaron replied. "Well, we should head back soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for us," She said.

Blaze flew up into the air, and started his rounds around the forest. He was above the trees, and started to scan the forest. When he found the group, he howled in the air to call the other pokemon that was helping the search. He swooped down and presented Salasa with a note. "This Blaze, he is my pokemon, and I thought you might need some help. Signed Seth."

Curious, Shade asked Aaron. "Willow? Who's that?" She extended her hand over to scratch the scales where Scales's head and neck met, trying to find that sweet spot. The Alolan Raichu giggled and squeaked happily as she snuggled into Aaron's chest. She turned her attention to the Charizard that landed on front of Salasa. Chuckling, she concluded her petting session with Aaron's Kommo-o and walked back to Salasa, with her Alolan Raichu escaping Aaron's hug and surfing back to Shade.

When Shade reached Salasa, she smiled up at the Charizard and pet around his neck, seeing the note that said his name and why he was here. "So, while we head back, may I see this Toxtricity of yours, Salasa?"