• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landon waited patiently until they got into the Aether Paradise and were docked. "Don't tell me you almost forgot me!" Rotom exclaimed as it popped out of Landon's bag. Landon quickly grabbed Rotom, telling it to be quiet or else they would be caught, "Hey Rotom, do you have a map of this place?" Landon asked. "Unfortunately not, I'd need to plug into somewhere to download a map," Rotom replied. Landon looked around and saw a small outline on the wall, "Alright Swift, get out here and use Iron Tail," Landon said softly as he threw his Pokeball, an Eevee burst out and quickly hit the outlined area with Iron Tail, revealing a small circuit board with some controls on it, "Rotom plug into this then," Rotom nodded and quickly began downloading a map of the Aether Paradise. "Alright, here's where we are now," Rotom explained as it used a red dot to show where they were, "My data shows that Guzma went up to the Conversation Area, while the others made there way down to the Lab Area." Landon got up as Swift leaped up onto his shoulder, "I'm gonna go take down Guzma, I'll meet up with you guys in the Lab Area later," Landon explained before making running towards the closest elevator, making sure not to get caught.

Last edited:
Robby got silently got off the boat and followed Landon and watched as he retrieved the map, "Nice job, Landon, Rotom." Robby said as he grabbed Rotom and connected him to his Poketch and uploaded the map to it as well, "Thanks, Rotom." Robby said with a smile as he released the floating Pokedex.

Robby tapped on his Poketch until he reached the map app and scanned it real quick, "Alright, I'll head to the labs, good luck guys." Robby said before Lucario and him quietly ran to a nearby staircase that led to the lab level. "Lucario bust that lock off." Robby whispered to his partner, Lucario nodded and held his hand up to the lock and blew it off with his aura. "Nice, now lets go." Robby said as he ran down the stairs, he didn't want to risk being seen waiting for the elevator.

After running down a series of staircases, Robby and his partner finally reached the lab level. "So, here's where the masked robot men and maybe Shadow Pokemon are created." Robby said as he ducked behind cover, he wasn't sure if Evon had followed him or Landon so he occasionally glanced behind him.

Evon and Mallow waved in different directions. Evon decided to go follow Robby, and tracked his path. "Should be. Let me scan the area. On the ride over here, I connected the Mask scanner from the mechanical hand to my wrist watch. I can detect both Shadow Pokemon and the Men in the Masks now." Evon held up his watch so Robby and Lucario could see. "I'm reading Mask activity over there." Evon said, pointing towards one of the lab entrances. "Shadow Pokemon, as well. Lots of them. I'm betting we'll see some Aether crew over there."

Mallow jumped onto the elevator Landon was on. "Hey, don't run off on your own. We need to stick together."

"Nice, that'll help a lot." Robby said as he shifted a bit closer to Evon to get a better look at his watch, "It looks like we are kinda surrounded, so what are we going to do?" Robby asked, he had a few ideas but they involved rushing in and breaking a lot of stuff which would blow their cover and could possibly get them captured or killed.

"Yeah you're right," Landon replied to Mallow as he hit the button to go to the second floor. The elevator shot up the a garden-like area that would be perfect for Pokemon, but there weren't any, "So you came after all," Guzma commented, he had Golisopod and an Ariados out by his side, "Golisopod, Razor Shell!" Golisopod shot at Landon, it's claw glowing was glowing blue as it slashed at Landon. "Swift Iron Tail!" Landon quickly responded, Swift blocked Golisopod's attack using Iron Tail. "Alright Turt, get out here too!" Landon shouted as he took out a Pokeball, but nothing happened. "Ha, don't bother the Conversation Area disables all Pokeballs," Guzma called out, "Ariados, String Shot!" Ariados shot a web-like substance at Landon's wrist, grabbing his Z-Ring, "I'm sure someone else has a better use for that Z-Ring than you," Guzma commented as Ariados began to pull Landon towards it.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Charles was behind the others, staying silent. He knew a bit about shadow pokemon Though Evon said everything already what he knew. His father studied them. Once he saw Landon battling, he thought he could help.
"Go Fletchinder!" Charles Called out.

"Don't bother! This area has all Pokeballs disabled!" Landon called back. "Ha! and it's you against to extremely powerful Pokemon! Golisopod use Slash!" Guzma yelled, Golisopod positioned it's claw and swung down towards Swift. "Dodge it!" Landon yelled back as he continued to fight Ariados, Swift gracefully dodged Golisopod's attack, "Great now use Iron Tail on the web!" Swift nodded as it swung at the web, freeing Landon from Ariados' String Shot, "Alright, let's do this!" Landon exclaimed as he swapped his Z-Crystal for Normalium Z, Landon made an X with his arms and followed by placing one arm above his head, and the other below his torso, "Use, Breakneck Blitz!" Swift bolted across the ground towards Golisopod, slamming into it and sending it flying into Guzma and Ariados.

"May look that way." Evon said. "But you have to look at the big picture. There are guys in front, to the left and to the right of us, right? Not entirely true. This room that we're in has three doors. One leads to the north, one leads to the southwest, and one leads to the southeast. So we're not surrounded."

"Tsk, whatever man. I said we are basically surrounded. How the hell does that have to do with the plan any way?" Robby said a bit annoyed, "Any way... You know more about Shadow Pokemon and those masked idiots so, what's our game plan?" Robby asked again, Lucario sat patiently next to Robby, awaiting orders.

"I dunno much more about the Masked Men than you do, but I do know about Shadow Pokemon." Evon said, touching buttons on his watch to open a file. "A special machine is needed to convert the Pokemon. If we can find it and destroy it, then bam - no more Shadow Pokemon."

"Alright, so we just need to find the room with the device in it and we can go break some stuff." Robby said as he turned to Lucario, "Can you use your aura to find the machine, it should have some sort of dark energy around it." Robby asked Lucario who responded with a nod.

Lucario closed its eyes and its ears raised into the as it looked around, it's vision was blue as it used the aura to sense out the machine. Lucario then opened its eyes back up and pointed to the third room, "So it's in that room?" Robby asked his partner. Lucario responded with another nod, "Alright, let's get over there and starting breaking some stuff!" Robby exclaimed as Lucario and him began to sneak closer and closer to the third room.

"It's over Guzma," Landon commented as he walked up to Guzma. "Heh, you wish, Ariados use Sludge Bomb and you know where to hit!" Guzma responded, Ariados began firing Sludge Bomb at different places causing explosions as a result, "Perfect, that should be enough time, now Return!" Guzma said as he quickly recalled his Pokemon. "Wait how did he do that?" Landon muttered as Guzma ran past him. "I temporarily disabled the Pokeball disablers," Guzma replied as he got onto the elevator. "Let's go!" Landon yelled as he grabbed Charles and Mallow's arms and began running. Landon was so focused on catching Guzma, that he hadn't noticed he triggered some alarms. Two men in masks leaped in front of Landon blocking him and allowing Guzma to escape. "Get out of my way!" Landon yelled as he tried to tackle his way through them, unfortunately with no luck. "Fine, then I'll just make you move, Zippy come on out and use Thundershock!" Landon quickly whipped his Pokeball releasing a Togedemaru, which gave a little dance before launching a Thundershock at the two men, "There, that did the trick," Landon quickly noticed that the two men were completely unharmed by the electric attack.

As a matter of fact, the masked men seemed to have gotten stronger from the attack. They charged towards Landon and the others, swords protruding from their sleeves.
"Sceptile, Leaf Blade!" Mallow said, as a Sceptile came out and slashed the hands off of the two masked men. Electricity crackled from the severed areas.

Evon kicked down the door, only to see three Masked Men. They all turned, taking out swords, but Umbreon and Eevee launched Shadow Balls, taking out two of them. The last one charged towards Evon.

Lucario punched the remaining masked man in its robotic faced, instantly destroying it. Robby looked around the room, there were a bunch of odd files and machines, "Type:Null, RKS System, Beast Ball... What is all of this stuff?" Robby asked as he continued to look around the lab until he found the machine, "That must be it, Lucario use Aura Sphere." Robby called out, Lucario nodded, held its arm out and shot a blue sphere at the machine, destroying it.

"ROTOM!!!" Landon yelled, Rotom hovered down beside Landon not to long after, "Where's Robby and Evon?" he asked. "They went down to the lowest floor," Rotom replied. "Got it," Landon quickly got to the closest elevator and took it down to the bottom floor "Robby! Evon!" he yelled as he reached the bottom floor.

"No, that wasn't it." Evon said, going over to it. It was a machine that had been storing data and schematics. "Great job, Robby. You destroyed something we could have used to learn more about these things. ...although I do guess we now know the Masked Men are robots-" Suddenly, Evon heard Landon's screaming. Mallow saw them (she was following Landon) and quickly put her hand over Landon's mouth to quiet him. It was too late, though, as Masked Men burst through the other two doors.

"Hey, if they get set back on whatever they're doing, I'm fine with it." Robby said as he walked out of the room only to hear Landon yelling their names, "Darn it Landon, you're too loud sometimes." Robby said as masked men burst out of the two remaining doors.

"Come on out Salazzle!" Robby exclaimed as he threw up the pokeball and Salazzle appeared on the ground, ready to fight. "Salazzle use Flamethrower, melt those hunks of metal!" Robby exclaimed, "Sala!" Salazzle hissed as she got down on all fours and shot a powerful Flamethrower at a portion of the masked men, it was so hot it began to melt the metal they were made of.

Landon removed Mallow's hand from his mouth as two more Masked Men ran out, he quickly took out two Pokeballs, "Hugs, use Bind and Roten use Spirit Shackle!" Landon called as he threw the Pokeballs releasing his Bewear and Decidueye, who took out the two Masked Men, "So did you find what you needed?" he asked.

"Not yet." Evon said. "And we may not find it for a while because SOMEONE had the fantastic idea to smash a machine with a ton of schematics on it."
"If whoever's ring-leading this is making Shadow Pokemon down in these labs, doesn't it make sense that they'd have a purification machine on hand as well, in case a Shadow Pokemon went out of control?" Mallow said.
"The two machines would be close to each other." Evon continued. "If we can find one, we'll find the other."

"Whatever, at least we set them back on whatever crazy things they're doing." Robby said, rolling his eyes, "Now let's quick talking about it and let's find and destroy the machine!" Robby exclaimed in a more serious face. Lucario and Salazzle continued to destroy the masked men with ease.

"If we set them back it's a good thing," Landon added as he began to look around the lab, he looked up and saw an air vent, "I'll check the air vents," he stated, Swift broke through the vent. Landon took out a Pokeball, throwing it into the vent releasing his Mimikyu, "Mimik, help me up," Landon requested, Mimik lowered it's claw to help Landon into the vent as well.

"Good idea, Landon." Robby said as the last of the masked men were taken out by his Pokemon, "Alright, let's search everywhere before more of those robots get here." Robby said as he ran into the second lab and began to search it.

"Cosmog... Alola's legendary Pokemon. Ultra Wormholes." Robby said aloud as he flipped through the files, "What are their true motives here?! Take over Alola?!" Robby exclaimed as he shut off the computer. "Guys, we have to stop The Aether Foundation! Their true motive is much worse than I imagined!" Robby called out to his friends.

Evon took a look at the files. "No, you're wrong, Robby. These things do have a connection to the Aether Foundation, but it really just looks like it's preliminary research. There's no evidence to support your theory of the Aether Foundation being behind all this..."

"I gotta give you credit, kid. You're smarter than you look."

Evon turned around as a door opened up. Inside the door were three figures. One was one of the Masked Men, but this one had a much more complex outfit and had a symbol representing the letters ZX on its chest. The second was Guzma. But the third... was Faba.
"The Aether Foundation has nothing to do with this whole thing. Your culprit...? Right here." Faba said, smiling.
"YOU!" Evon said, looking at Faba. He was wearing a different outfit from usual. A memory came up, seeing the Masked Man with the ZX, and Evon stepped back, shocked. "Faba...! Are you saying you're the one behind the Shadow Pokemon plot?!"
"Guilty as charged." Faba said, smiling.

Robby quickly spun around as he heard Faba's voice, "You... I knew there was something suspicious about you as soon as I saw you." Robby said with an angry tone. "So, tell us. What are your true motives Faba and is this just all you or is the whole Aether Foundation involved?" Robby asked, with a demanding tone. Lucario and Salazzle growled at the evil trio.

Landon continued to crawl through the air ducts along with Mimik until he saw something out of one of the vents, he saw some people in white clothing loading some machinery into a boat with some Masked Men on the boat. "Let's get back to everyone Mimik," Landon whispered, Mimik nodded as they made their way back. "Who's this guy?" Landon asked as he jumped out of the air duct, Landon looked and caught a slight glimpse of Guzma, "YOU!!!" Landon tried to tackle down Guzma but was being held back by his Bewear.

"*sigh* I suppose not all of the kids can be smart ones. I JUST said the Aether Foundation has NOTHING to do with this, kid! At least, not directly. And yes, let me go into excruciatingly detail about my masterful and complex plan." Faba said, smiling. The ZX Masked Man took a gun out of its sleeves and fired at the trainers.
"Get down!" Evon shouted, pushing Robby to the floor. Mallow slid under one of the desks, out of the way. Faba and Guzma ran through the door while the ZX provided covering fire. Evon clutched one of his Pokeballs.

Robby slid under a desk after Evon shoved him to the ground, he recalled Salazzle and Lucario was behind a filing cabinet. "Damn, since when do people have guns?" Robby asked as he ducked his head to avoid a piece of debris. "Lucario, Aura Sphere!" Robby yelled, Lucario charged up and Aura Sphere from behind the cabinet and quickly peeked out and shot at the masked man.

Landon got up after the gun was done firing to see that everyone had disappeared, "Well looks like they left, but to where?" Landon asked as he began looking around the room. Landon sat down at a nearby computer desk that had been left of, "Looks like all of the files were deleted," Landon commented as he continued looking. "Maybe I can be of some assistance!" Rotom exclaimed as it hovered down, "When I downloaded the map of the area, I found a few files that were very interesting," Rotom quickly plugged itself into the computer and unloaded the files. "Let's see here, we have files of Alolan Forms, Z-Crystals, weird beast creatures, nothing important so far," Landon muttered as he continued looking through files as Rotom unloaded them, "Hey Robby, Evon check this out!" Landon called out as he brought up a few files containing research of Shadow Pokemon, Purification Devices, a map of Vast Poni Canyon, and blueprints for some sort of base.

Robby carefully got up after the firing was over, the Aura Sphere had gone through the wall and caused an explosion in a deeper part of the lab. Robby ran over to Landon when he called out to him and Evon. "What's up?" Robby asked as he stood next to Landon and looked at the computer screen. "We need to get to Vast Poni Canyon, they're probably there!" Robby exclaimed as he ran out of the lab.

As Robby and Lucario entered the hallway between the labs, he heard an odd banging sound coming and some sort of cry. "Lucario, what's in there?" Robby asked, looking toward his Partner. Lucario closed his eyes and used his aura to look through the wall, Lucario then quickly opened his eyes and motioned to the door and quickly ran over to it. Robby ran over to the door and opened it to reveal a lab that almost looked like a room where things were experimented on...

Once again, Robby heard the sound of crying, but this time he could make it out better and it sounded like a Pokemon! Lucario's ears perched up and it immediately ran over to the corner of the room, Robby followed. When Robby made it to the corner of the room, he was shocked to see a light blue spertant type Pokemon encased in glass and wires hooked up to it, the Pokemon looked at Robby and almost cowered in fear.

"Lucario! Break that case open!" Robby exclaimed with a frantic tone. Lucario nodded and used its palm to completely break off the case of glass. The Pokemon continued to cower in fear as it was exposed to the open air, but it also looked some what relieved. Robby quickly and carefully peeled off all of the wired, "What is a Dratini doing in here?" Robby asked as he gently stroked the Pokemon's head, Robby then pulled out some Pokemon food and offered it to the Dratini who sniffed it then quickly ate all of it. "I bet you were scared being locked up in here, you want some more?" Robby asked the Dratini, the small Dragon Type looked at Robby curiously for a moment, smiled and nodded its head. Robby gently smiled and poured out another large portion for the Dratini who quickly devoured all of the food. "Better?" Robby asked with a smile, the Dratini nodded and happily rubbed its face against Robby's hand, almost as a way to thank him. "How about we get you out of here?" Robby asked the Pokemon again as he held his hand out, offering for it to crawl up on his arm. The Dratini thought for a moment before happily crying out and crawling up Robby's arm and up on his shoulder. Robby and Lucario smiled and walked out of the lab.

"Alright guys, let's get out of here!" Robby exclaimed as he entered the hallway again and began to walk toward the elevator, the Dratini rested on his shoulders.

"Alright let's do this," Landon replied as he tossed a USB into the air and quickly catching it before running towards the boat they took to get to the Aether Paradise. "Let's get going to Vast Poni Canyon!" Landon cheered as he got into the, waiting for everyone to get in, "So Robby, who's the new Pokemon?" Rotom popped out of Landon's bag with data about Dratini, "Dratini, the Dragon Pokemon: a Dragon Type. This Pokemon is full of life energy. It continually sheds its skin and grows steadily larger." Landon quickly shoved Rotom back into his backpack, "Sometimes just keep quiet okay!" he stated

"Oh, well, this guy is Dratini but Rotom already told you that. I think he was being experimented on or something, he was on some sort of operating table, encased in glass, and hooked up to some machine." Robby exclaimed as he gently tapped Dratini on the head with his index finger. "That gives me an idea though.." Robby said as held his Poketch up to Dratini to check it and to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. "Hmm, it looks good except for when you get to its moves... I don't think Dratini naturally learns the move Extreme Speed." Robby said as he closed out of lowered his stopped the scan on the Pokemon.

"Dratini can learn Extreme Speed but very few do learn it," Rotom replied as it popped out of Landon's bag, "And could you please not just shove me into your bag!" Landon grabbed Rotom's spike as he opened his bag, "Yeah well, we're leaving soon so get comfy," Landon replied as he shoved Rotom into the bag. "Alright let's do a head count," Landon stated as a prepared the boat's motor, "Evon and Mallow are the only ones missing so they had better hurry up."

Mallow ran towards the others without Evon. "Guys! Evon saw Faba and the others! They're heading towards the first floor! If we hurry, we can take them down!"

Evon ran up the stairs, all of his Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. He crashed out of the stairwell door... only to find himself surrounded by Masked Men. Cautiously, Evon raised up his hands.

Landon got out of the boat and ran to the first floor but stopped as soon as he saw Evon surrounded by those Masked Men, "And this is why we should have left," Landon muttered as he backed away, taking out two Pokeballs, "Okay let's do this," Landon sent out Roten and Swift who stood by his side. "Evon, get down!!!" he yelled as he charged in, tackling Evon to the ground. "Roten Spirit Shackle, Swift Iron Tail!" Roten and Swift both nodded as they began taking out Masked Men, "Sorry for the surprise, couldn't let you get caught is all," Landon explained as he took out another Pokeball, "Turt, give us some defense!" Landon opened the Pokeball releasing his Turtonator, who used it's shell to block both Evon and Landon from any bullets or swords, "Now then, do you want to start giving your Pokemon orders?"

"Already did." Evon said, as Glaceon ran over, sliding to the ground. Ice was not surrounding the legs of all the Masked Men, and Vaporeon jumped into the air, short-circuiting them all. The rest of the Eeveelutions were battling more Masked Men up ahead, but Evon saw a conspicuous file nearby. Grabbing it, he read the cover. "'Project Z. Mechanical enforcers designed for crowd control and dealing with troublesome foes. Designed by...' Huh. The name's blacked out. But we can definitely use this file as evidence."

Robby ran up the stairs behind Evon, he ducked behind the door as the bullets began to fire. "Great, more guns!" Robby said as Landon pushed Evon over. Robby let out his Lycanroc, "Now, Lucario, Aura Sphere rapid fire! Lycanroc Rock Slide!" Robby called out, they cried out in respond and shot their respective attacks at the Masked Men, taking out several of them. Dratini poked its head up and gave an angry look at an approaching masked man before destroying it with a Dragon Breath. "Woah, nice shot!" Robby exclaimed, Dratini gave a confident smile and a nod in response.

Robby then ran over to Evon, "Nice find man, but we should really get out of here and try and catch those guys." Robby said as he looked at the file before running toward the boat with his Pokemon.

"Yeah." Evon said, returning his Pokemon and running after the boat. They arrived just in time to see Guzma, the ZX and Faba setting off, two Masked Men piloting the boat.
"If you truly feel confident enough to stop us, then come find us at Poni Island!" Faba said, smirking. "Then we'll fight again."
"Dang! He's too far away. We'll have to go find him on Poni." Evon said as the boat trailed off into the distance.

"Alright let's get going!" Landon exclaimed as he jumped into the boat they took to get to the Aether Paradise. 'I'm going to get you back Pod, just you watch me' Landon thought to himself as he waited for everyone to get in. "Well it's back to Poni Island!" Landon cheered.

"Back to Poni huh, well, at least we need to go there any way." Robby said as they sped toward Poni island. "Hopefully we'll be able to take on the trials there too." Robby added as he pulled out an empty Pokeball and faced it toward Dratini, "Do you wanna come with me?" Robby asked the Dragon Pokemon with a smile.

Dratini thought for a moment, it was timid and shy but it knew it would be able to grow strong alongside Robby. Dratini smiled and nodded it's head, Robby smiled and gently tapped the Pokeball on Dratini's head, it was sucked in instantly.
Click!

Robby smiled again and let Dratini out, the Pokemon smiled and cried out almost in a way to thank Robby for saving it.

"Congrats Robby!" Landon commented as he checked to make sure that everyone was in the boat. "Alright, it's back to Poni Island!" Landon cheered as the boat took off once everyone was in, "So once we get back to Poni Island, we'll need to find out where Vast Poni Island is," Landon stated. "To find the Vast Poni Canyon it would be smart to ask the Island Kahuna," Rotom replied as it poked it's head out of Landon's bag. "So who is the Island Kahuna?" Landon asked. "The current Kahuna is Harper, he specializes in Ground-Type Pokemon and lives on Ancient Poni Path," Rotom answered. "So that's where we'll go," Landon muttered to himself as they reached Poni Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.