• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Karma High: High School Superpower Romance Roleplay (Main Thread)

Redtail Sisters

Melanie had heard Marcel offer his notes, as she had to deal with a nosebleed. When she looked, she saw doodles of her sister, Fuyuko. She giggled at the doodles, realizing that he might have it bad for her. Melanie had submitted a paper for Speed Enhancement while in the Nurse's office. As she looked to Marcel, she spoke.

"Thank you, I'll do some comparison between yours and Fuyuko's notes at some point today." Melanie responded, "Are those doodles that of my sister?"

Fuyuko walked up to see Samael at the wall, Melanie and Marcel talking. Fuyuko then approached, seeing Marcel.

"H-hi, Marcel, how's i-it g-going?" Fuyuko tried not to blush, but it was not helping.

Fuyuko's stomach then growled like her Powers.

Melanie was giggling at the interaction.

"Well, I'm heading to lunch, Marcel, Fuyuko," Melanie responded.

Fuyuko waved as Melanie walked out towards lunch. When she got there, she saw Riley Deimi sitting somewhere towards the end of the table. All of a sudden, The Lover Possessed her. She grabbed an entire Cornish Hen, and a salad from a grilled food Section, alongside a water.

"Hi, Cutie," Melanie, "Do you Mind I joined you for lunch?"

@Cryronn the Mudkip (prepare for Riley to Melt)

Asuna Ryugetsu, trying not to blush immensely.

Asuna had heard introductions from the people with Orion.

"Hello, Kim-san, Gwen-san, I am Ryugetsu Asuna," Asuna responded more formally from coming from Kyoto recently, "Sorry about formalities, I came back from Kyoto recently, and am working on getting back to the American mood of things. Hi Gwen! Orion, I'm going to get some food, I'll be back."

She then waved to Maria as she noticed her before going to get food, As she looked around, she grabbed some grilled chicken with a salad on the side as she walked back. When she got back, she took a seat next Orion, who was now in his food like an ostrich digging a nest.

"He said he missed me?" Asuna thought, blush filling her face more so than before.

She then tried to eat, but was trying not to giggle at the sight of Orion hiding in his food. It was at that point she looked up and saw a familiar face with some fried Chicken.

"Tsugikuni-San!" Asuna called out, seeing her and Orion's companion from last night.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cryronn the Mudkip (Tsugikuni)
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Maria)
@Gold The Dragonite (Gwen)
@RhythmThief (Orion)

Edric

“Ah blast this, where did he go…” Edric muttered as he walked into the cafeteria. He needed to find himself before he made a fool of himself.

Or themselves, of course. He might have duplicated. Why are they so obsessed with being musicians today?

Well he at least had an idea on where he was, as music was being blared across the room. He could tell the accordion’s sound, but why could he hear a banjo and a trumpet?

Oh bollocks, there’s three of them… I’m so screwed…

As he slowly walked through the cafeteria, dodging students going left and right, Edric spotted Maria, the nice girl from the cafeteria, hanging out with some new friends. He was happy that she branched out, and he spotted a golden opportunity.

I might as well get reconnaissance on the situation.

Edric slowly approached the table, careful not to surprise anyone. He suspected that all the musical incidents didn’t make him the most well-liked, but he was planning on at least giving it a shot.

“Uh, do you know how long those three have been playing their little ballad?”

That was the last thing he said before getting pecked by a red-faced crane. It came out of nowhere, and it stung like that time he was hit with a guitar.

“Ow, ow, ow…” Edric uttered as he clutched his head. It was a merely light pecking, nothing too major. Seems like Edric was always surprising no matter what he did.

Maria

“I mean he is a bit loud and the random music is disturbing, but I don’t think that’s a lack of self control. More a lack of situational awareness. Besides, the music is actually kinda nice.” Maria remarked, a bit surprised at the venom in Kim’s tone. Even if she was a snake, Kim could honestly be more deadly.

That’s a note I’m saving for later.

And then she noticed who was playing. All three of them. It was exactly who she suspected all this time.

“How in the— why is it him of all people?” Maria uttered, her voice dropping off at the end of the sentence in our disbelief. Out of all possibilities, did it have to be Edric?

Maria Corazon was right, but did she even want to be?

She suddenly heard a voice behind her, causing her to accidentally shapeshift into a sarus crane, stand on the bench with skill and not spilling anything or bumping anyone, and peck behind her in a panic. The whole thing was swift and graceful, something she honed dealing with bullies.

THWOK!

She quickly turned back to her normal self, she realized she had pecked somebody in the head. A very familar somebody…

“Oh my god, I’m so so sorry, I panicked…” Maria uttered in shock as another Edric backed up, covering his head in pain. He seemed fine, but she felt extremely embarrassed.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
@RhythmThief (Orion)

Kim of course found the theatrics to be a bit much even if admittedly the music had been harmlessly enjoyable but it seemed that her being the scrooge of the table had been called out by Gwen as Kim blinked a bit and sighed shaking her head.

"I-I am not a downer! I just think it is a waste of one's powers and a bit of a showboat is all..." Kim mused back with a slight grumble in her defense but tried to focus back on her meal and more relevant conversations. Not helped that Maria seemed to back the point as she rolled her eyes a bit and just took a spoonful of her salad as she chewed it a bit before she added. "...situational awareness is not a great ask." Kim muttered back to Maria.

Asuna seemed to apologize for being so formal but Kim had waved her hand as she insisted it was unnessary. "Oh no I think a proper educate is to be appreciated miss Ryugetsu." Kim replied back to the girl before she had left to get some food she presumed.

A young man who seemed to look exactly like the performing trio so she guessed either another clone or the original, had come to the group and tried to make small talk. "Tried" being the operative word as a sudden cane slammed into him mid sentence which had caught Kim off guard as her eyes widened.

"Uh, s-should someone check on him?" Kim asked as she glanced over to Maria, okay she had been called the downer of the table but at the least she had not assaulted one of her peers today! "Least I kept my critiques with one verbal..." Kim said back with a slight bit of amusement as Maria seemed to make a mess of things.

@Gold The Dragonite @Cmeriwether @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Riley Deimi

Riley looked up from her gyro to spot a very familiar face suddenly approaching her. She appeared to have taken something in stride, as she was a bit more… confident than she’d seen her so far. First day jitters maybe?

Then…

“Hi Cutie, mind if I joined you for Lunch?”

“A-“

Riley made one noise before her pupils shrunk, her face turned bright, bright red, and her mouth opened just slightly. Her Rush Hour activated on its own, as even when she sat in place, she was moving at a thousand miles a second, even the slightest movement accentuated, making her look like a vibrating character in a cartoon as she searched for a response anywhere in her monkey, rat, lizard, fish, and bacterial brains, for anything to articulate in this exact moment.

“…”

“…y-yeah, sounds great~!!!” •o•

Her face almost reverted to normal, the sound of a kettle releasing its steam clear to anyone nearby as she turned down to her gyro, grabbed it, and took an enormous bite to avoid conversation for a few seconds.

@Cmeriwether

Tsugikuni Ginhoshi

Tsugikuni heard the sudden call of Asuna, and noticed several familiar faces, including his dorm mate Orion! Lucky him! He immediately stood back up and joined them at their area of the table, close to Kim and the chaos going on with Edric and Marie and Gwen and-

“…seems like it’s always something at this school…”

He mused playfully, before taking another big bite of his rather uncharacteristic meal- his outfit, manner of speech, and such suggesting he’d be above such simple and unhealthy desires- yet he seemed to be enjoying himself quite a bit.

“So. Orion. Ryugetsu-San. How are you two faring? I assume well considering how much Orion seems to be enjoying his meal, Hmhm…~ the energy of this cafeteria is rather high, though I understand why… I suppose I have a lot of energy, I’m eager to show you all my powers…”

He pulled out his pen, twirled it in his fingers for a few moments, and then stuffed it back into the holster before… looking at two sauces on each he table…

“Orion? Asuna? Which… one of these is Sweet Barbecue… I can’t-“

“…”

“…I’m not quite accustomed to this kind of sauce yet, so I’m not sure how to tell the difference between the different types.”

@Godjacob @Cmeriwether @RhythmThief @Gold The Dragonite @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
“Yes. They are.” Marcel spoke before Fuyuko arrived he smiled as he did a small wave and then saw Melanie walk off. Marcel then held Fuyuko’s hand while looking at her with a soft smile. “Come, let’s go and eat together. Um, wait.” Marcel realized what he was doing as he looked at Fuyuko. “Are you um….fine with me holding your hand?” Marcel spoke as he blushed a bit.

Samael let out a small laugh as he looked at the couple. “I’ll tag along with you two, just don’t get too flirty.” Samael teased the two of them with a small smiled. Marcel smiled then as he looked at Fuyuko softly. “You want to get going then?”
(Next post I’ll do a lore post since that’s a trend in your posts. Meanwhile @Cmeriwether )

Maria

“Hey, that was an accident, okay… Besides knowing him, he might not even be aware of the musical mania over there. His clones are completely separate from each other, I just panicked. I just don’t like being snuck up on.” She remarked to Kim, attempting to remain composure and redeem herself.

I feel like such a douchebag. Ah, curse Ditto and his lack of situational awareness…

She had really screwed up now.

“Ack, I’m fine, I think…” The Edric muttered as he regained composure. He was lucky that she didn’t accidentally stab him, but he didn’t seem to be angry at her.

Edric

“Why is it that every time I see you, you’re both shocked and in the form of a large bird?” He snickered a bit, brushing off his prior pecking.

Edric didn’t mean to startle Maria, mainly cuz he knew she hated being snuck up on. But seems like she’s not used to talking to people, especially after the flamingo incident.

“Oh, healthy coincidence. I presume you are here to ask where the other three clones are? Over there.” The nervous girl replied, shifting her glasses and pointing to the right, where the three clones were playing. He knew that the pecking was a happy accident, and she didn’t really hate the music.

As for the Asian-American girl with black hair next to Maria, she certainly didn’t like it. Edric had overheard her saying something about him lacking self-control while he walked up to the table.

Fair point, considering what those three goofballs are doing right now. More of a reason to stop this odd orchestra.

“More like clowns. Thank Maria, I’ll be right back. About my head, it’s fine, nothing an ice pack can’t fix.” He muttered as he split himself in two.

“You get food, I’ll get them.” He said in a tone that could deep freeze an apple as he looked at his double. This was the second time he had to keep his loose screw side from going off, and he was livid.

“Alright, alright, alright..” The other understood the command immediately as he walked off like he’d seen a ghost, leaving him to wrangle the others.

Maria

Maria was legitimately worried. She’d never seen Edric angry at anything, but it seemed like this was gonna be her chance.

Neither he nor Kim thinks that those three are being normal. Time will tell, but hopefully, he gets himself back together.

“Anyways, what did I miss dealing with that?” She politely asked her lunchmates, hoping they didn’t see her as a sociopath.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
@RhythmThief (Orion)

Edric (same one from earlier)

As Edric walked in the direction that Maria had pointed, he saw the other clones playing their instruments, being a banjo, accordion, and trumpet.

The performance was kinda fun, but he wanted to get them under control. Some musical madness wasn’t worth getting in trouble, and he didn’t want this to end like yesterday’s dinner.

However, something was amiss, because he saw six spectral feathers spinning around the trio, and a familiar face.

“Josh? What are you doing here? Oh by the way I found Maria, she’s over there. You two would definitely hit it off.” He happily said, pointing back the way he came.

It was nice to see Josh, especially because he could see much about how both him and Maria could bond over Ben 10.

@Gold The Dragonite (Josh)

Last edited:
Fuyuko Redtail

Marcel had held her hand, Fuyuko blushed immensely. She then let go due to her nerves.

"L-let's k-keep th-things quiet, e-especially with my h-history, and this being new t-territory, until we reach the Cafeteria." Fuyuko whispered, this being new territory, "I will s-stay close to y-you."

Her face was still red, which was to expected as she entered new territory for anything when it came to boys actually sticking around her. She was shocked herself. As she looked around, she saw the path to the Cafeteria.

@MarcelGalliard790 (Marcel)

Melanie Redtail

As Melanie set up her lunch and was about to start eating her own food, she saw Riley suddenly stop what she was doing, blush immensely, and suddenly vibrate like a lost phone.

"Oh boy," Melanie thought, "If calling her cute did that, I'd actually be worried if The Lover possessed me at the wrong time."

Riley then invited Melanie to sit down, immediately looking like a kettle releasing steam, as she, from Melanie's point of view, immediately took a huge bite of Gyro. Melanie was a bit blushy and shocked at the same time as the Lover's possession dropped. Her blush intensified when she realized she admitted Riley was cute. She took piece of her Hen and started eating it.

@Cryronn the Mudkip (Riley)

Time for my secret technique- Chow-Chow-no-Jutsu! With this, hopefully I won't make an embarrassment out of myself like yesterday. Okay, she's at your 3 o'clock. Do not glance. Do not stare. Don't even peek. Just...breathe. Take it chill! We're eating. We're living. We're-

POOF!

Orion snapped his head up at the sound, simultaneously shocked and impressed at Maria's reflexes. Within what felt like a split second, she transformed into some kind of crane and pecked the heck out of someone behind her!

Dang! the teenager thought, an excited smile present on his face. That's her power?! Guess they're building Disney Princesses differently these days!

He felt for the poor sap who happened to be on the other side of that- wait, isn't that accordion dude? But-

Orion glanced behind him at the band, who had been playing the accordion for a few minutes now. He remembered Gwen's (surprisingly strong, does she lift?) nudge at him once the music had started, mentioning something about 'triplets', and now he saw what she'd meant. The boy only remembered encountering the one musician, but perhaps there were three of them running around?

No- this would make four now! What would you even call that- Twins² ? Triplets+1? Quadruplets?

Either way, he didn't get the opportunity to look initially when the whole thing began, instead opting for a tactical retreat whilst the cause for said tactic ate quietly next to him.

Well, Asuna was eating quietly, until she'd spotted their friend, Tsugi, somewhere, and now he was also among them, sitting next to Kim.

As Maria continued talking with Accordion Dude, making sure he was okay after the crazy pecking he got, a conversation had branched between the three, and Orion turned towards his other two friends.

Though, when he caught sight of Tsugi absolutely eradicating his fried chicken like he hadn't eaten in three years, a hysterical laugh rose out from Orion's chest, eliminating his nervousness. He was laughing so much he ended up leaning into Asuna's shoulder, grabbing onto her for dear life.

"I think... you're...enjoying your meal a bit more than me, dude!" he spoke between breaths and chuckles. Thanks to his forbidden jutsu, Orion had more or less finished up with his food anyway.

"Anyway, this is Maria, Kim, and Gwen. We're all in the same homeroom."

He stole a glance at Asuna, and only now fully realized how close she was, how soft her hair felt, and how good she smelt. He backed away slowly, his nerves subdued by her hypnosis, not quite knowing what to say, but unable to pry his eyes away from her.

Tsugi's voice was what snapped him out of his trance, asking which sauce on the table was Sweet Barbecue. Orion shook his head and smiled.

"This one should be what you're looking for," he explained, handing the brown bottle over to him. "As far as sauces go, red usually means ketchup, white for mayo, yellow for mustard, and brown for anything barbecue related, but of course, there are exceptions to the rule."

He didn't expect to be giving a TED Talk on Sauceology, but he didn't expect anything to go down the way it did today. And you know what? There was nothing wrong with that.

Finally, he turned his attention back to the others. He briefly overheard Accordion Dude mention 'clones', and suddenly everything made sense. He had come across people who could clone themselves before, but none were as musically inclined, let's say.

As expected, while Gwen and Maria seemed to have no issues with the performance, perhaps even actively enjoying it, Kim wore a sharply reproachful look on her face, that is, whenever she wasn't stealing curious glances in the direction of another shorter, brown-haired, bespectacled girl not far from them.

Whilst following her gaze, he noticed Carter a bit further down from them, and then Gwen's huge friend from yesterday even further away at the very end of the table, isolated.

Now returning a nudge of his own at the girl, he pointed to the giant.

"Hey, ain't that your buddy from yesterday? Why not go say hello- or even invite him over?" he suggested. "Aladdin's around too, but knowing that guy, he'll come over whenever he damn feels like it."

With that, he turned his attention toward Maria now.

"Oh you didn't miss much," Orion answered, "but I wanna talk about that power of yours! That move earlier was slick, Mari! Heck, even Accordion Dude couldn't hate on it, and he was the victim! It was that clean!"

He paused his fangirling, his more informal style of speech taking hold whenever he became enthusiastic like this. He assumed a cartoonish thinking pose, before snapping his fingers.

"Gonna call that one the 'Crane Counterstrike'! Or maybe 'Blazing Beak'?"

@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
@Godjacob (Kim)

Pamela Oswald
Twisting in her seat at the group, she heard the commotion and saw the intense reactions. Someone in Kim's group just casually pecked someone's eyes out, practically, which made sense. Of course Kim would be friends with a person like that.

And, hearing everything that was happening, hysterical laughter rose in her throat. And people were making goo-goo eyes at each other! Pamela banged the table with her fist, releasing all her laughter in a huge burst that wouldn't stop.

Pamela attempted to regain her composure, but she just couldn't. Why did everything happen so chaotically in this school? Even hookups moved at lightning speed here; one of the kids seemed dumbstruck at the girl besides him! She plopped her head on the table, and held her breath, attempting to recite the periodic table from memory. A trick that she was horrible at but helped her composure.

Trying to remember what came after Hydrogen, she finally was able to compose herself enough to rise and nod shakily at Kim to say,

"B-Boy, Kimmy, you s-sure have an interesting group here...PHEW! I think I busted a lung...ow..."
Pamela sighed, and freely surveyed the group now. "We've only been in school half a day...I think you've got me beat on the 'friend group' thing, though. Dang!"

She politely kept herself from responding to the other people of the group. They didn't know her. Yet. Except Edric, but he deserved the pecking for shocking that poor girl. Who just walks up and scares people like that?
@Godjacob
@Cmeriwether
@Gold The Dragonite
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!
@Cryronn the Mudkip
(Just Generally anyone in the area)

Isolde Barley
Isolde's head snapped up, her lips closing to contain the song that had burst from her lungs.She saw Nera. Again.

What was it about Isolde that made Nera want to sit near her?
Isolde flinched as she once again detected something negative from her, but as before, it died out as quickly as it started.
This scared her.

Isolde simply stared into Nera's red eyes. The color of a rose, or of blood. Nera seemed the type who was an understated beauty and didn't want to be. The dark circles under her eyes seemed stuck there, and the relatively baggy clothes she wore seemed to purposefully hide...things.

Isolde flushed a tad, leading her thoughts back to the straight and narrow. She bowed over her food, nibbling at it, and finally worked up the nerve to say;

"....................m-morning...."

@Cryronn the Mudkip

Nera Vasquez

Nera’s eyes upturned towards the scene unfolding. Clones, birds, and… well… it was definitely a lot. Nera then noticed Isolde… looking at her eyes… the bloody wells that stretched all the way into her mind and down into her soul… she turned them away for a moment as to not read the girl’s mind…

“…morning to you too, Isolde,”

Her mind… seemed… occupied at the moment. Perhaps a bad dream had gotten her in a rotten mood? As she ate her personal pizza, she exhaled… taking long and deep breath… and stretching herself out.

She didn’t want to be pretty. That much was true… why though?

…even she couldn’t fully articulate her reasons… perhaps she just thought… she’d just fail.

“…how’d you sleep last night..? I hope me being in the same room as you didn’t give you any anxiety.”

@Blotch'd

Tsugikuni Ginhoshi

“It’s nice to meet the rest of you, Kim, Gwen, and Maria… mmm… Kim, you look rather familiar… are you… perhaps from the… Takohashi Clan? I don’t mean to presume, you just look similar to those of the clan I’ve seen…”

He then saw the rather anxious girl next to her… shaking in her seat… he hated the idea of intruding… and he knew he… always did it…

“…thank you for the instruction, Orion. I’ll be sure to remember that.”

Tsugikuni… ignored everything else from there… and looked across Kim to her opposite side where… Pamela sat. He bit his inner cheek, steeled himself, and calmly inquired.

“…excuse me, Miss..? Are you all right? If you need somewhere quiet, I found an area with little human presence… or… just a calm place, this morning… if you’d like, I can take you there. Unless you are all right, in which I’m sorry for assuming..!”

He rubbed the back of his head, awkwardly between going to assist her and actually continuing to eat… gosh, talking to anxious people… he always wanted to help, but he always never knew the right approach…

Suppose that’s what you get when you learn emotion reading rather than emotion deescalation in your childhood, oh well.

@Blotch'd @Godjacob @Gold The Dragonite @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @RhythmThief @Cmeriwether

Riley Deimi

Riley managed to calm down from the flirting that was laid upon her poor soul, recovering as she realized she was in speed mode, smacked herself on the forehead, and deactivated it..!

“…so how’d ya sleep last night, Melanie? Being in a dorm with someone else… is pretty… well, it’s new for me at least, I dunno if you ever slept in the same room as your sister so…”

Riley shrugged… ahhh… cute… cute huh? That’s… well that was really FUCKING kind of her, JEEZ!!!! She should say it, stop being an idiot, Deimi!

“B-By the way! Thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it!” She looked Melanie up and down, snickered, and made an honest grin!

“I think you’re pretty cute too!!!”

@Cmeriwether

Kim watched as someone Asuna had called over joined the table, and immediately he seemed to be a welcomed voice to this madhouse as his look and his even demeanor seemed to suggest he might've been among the more sane students at this table. Kim least hoped that was the case as he gave out greetings to people Kim presumed he met as she noted the "lot of energy" in the air.

"Feels like too much energy around her." Kim said to Tsugikuni before he decided to show off his power. He first seemed to begin to twirl a pen around before he looked puzzled at the sauces, as this caused her to raise an eyebrow when he asked Orion and Asuns about it.

Maria began to defend herself as Edric had spooked her but still she seemed to sweat drop slightly as she attempted to frame herself in this situation. "I understand he was a bit intrusive and caught you off guard but, one must find a response that does not involved such...excessive force..." Kim muttered back to the girl though she sensed Maria's guilt over it and had sympathy.

The man for his credit seemed to hold not ill will to Maria and even apologized for his intent, though his focus seemed to shift to his copies as he seemed to refer to them as clowns which caused Kim to raise an eyebrow. Granted she had found the impromptu performance to be a bit much even if the music wasn't bad but his tone seemed to suggest more malice than the casual annoyance she had with it.

"I am not sure but...he seems, upset. Self resentment?" Kim asked Maria as she wondered what about these clones he seemed angered by and Maria seemed to know Edric so she had taken her shot.

Orion seemed to chime in, first to clarify the sauces to Tsugikuni before he seemed to approve of Maria's abilities and even tried to pass a name to the technique just now; which between this and all the chaos caused Pamala to laugh openly as she glanced at the girl she chatted with yesterday and seemed to sigh a bit resigned to the statement.

"Guess you can say I got lucky when it came to homeroom classmates..." Kim mused a bit to Pamala with a look of slight shame but she also had not denied the friends comment even if she had not mentioned that openly. However her focus snapped back to the aforementioned Tsugikuni who seemed to inquire on Kim's status which had caused her eyes to light up.

"Indeed, I am the latest in the proud Takadashi Clan, aiming to carry my family name proud." Kim said with a bit of pride in her voice before Tsugikuni seemed to be concerned over Pamala and her mad laughter to which Kim had decided to interject. "I wouldn't worry she uh, tends to wear her emotions on her sleeve." Kim assured Tsugikuni as she had not known Pamala long but had known her long enough to presume she'd be fine.

@Cryronn the Mudkip @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @RhythmThief @Blotch'd

MarcelGalliard790

“Oh….I um….I’m sorry for advancing so soon.” Marcel blushed and turned his head away as he sometimes looked over at Fuyuko but still continued to walk with her. Samael would walk beside Marcel, the two exchanged nods, Marcel’s was a ‘Thank you for looking over Fuyuko nod’ and Samael returned it with a ‘No need’ type of nod. Even if Marcel and Samael hated each other before, they realized how similar they are to one another. Samael also understood Marcel’s burning passion to protect Fuyuko. After what happened in their past, he knew it all too well.

Months ago, Calypso Power Academy. Montpelier, Vermont

Samael and Marcel would be walking through the halls of Calypso when they heard a familiar voice in trouble. It was their friend Alexis Vespertine. She was being threatened by Jack Frostweaver and his two lackeys, Virus user Drevan Hallowheart, and Wind Manupulator, Lance Featherforth.

Samael would quickly grab Jack’s shoulder. “What did I warn you about Jack.” Samael spoke sternly as Jack would then push Samael off of him and smile “What? She’s my girl, she refused to listen to what I wanted.” Jack spoke before Alexis slapped him. “Well we’re through Jack.” Alexis would join Marcel and Samael’s side…or so she though before her legs were frozen in ice. “You aren’t going anywhere.” Jack spoke and Marcel was clenching his fists, he didn’t want to provoke the fight, but knew something had to be done.

“You’re a monster.” Marcel spoke and Jack began to laugh “Awww. What? Is the little prince going to cry? Gonna cry to your king, guess what? Titles mean nothing here!” Jack spoke before the handle of Samael’s scythe poked Jack and knocked the wind out of him. Before pinning Jack down with his Anima Sola Chains. “Don’t leave yourself open, or you’ll burn.” Samael spoke as Drevan charged at Marcel, before being grabbed and thrown down by Marcel, holding him down as Samael and Jack fought fist to fist, Jack would be losing and cheat by using his powers, but that didn’t stop Samael and eventually Marcel. Samael cut through the ice with his now Lava scythes. Marcel would fly through and hold down Jack, Restraining him from hurting anyone. “It’s over Jack. Give up.” Marcel spoke coldly as Samael had his other obsidian scythe under Jack’s chin. The two were no longer playing Jack’s game.

(@Cmeriwether )

Pamela Oswald
Pamela smiled at Kim, gazing at her over the rims of her spectacles. "Aww. You're too shy to admit you're popular. How fitting of a Takahashi," she said in a bad imitation of Kim's accent.
And then some rando guy was asking her about her feelings. Well, okie dokie then. Not a name. Not even a 'how are you?'

Bro asked if she was anxious, and offered to take her somewhere. Pamela crinkled her nose, wondering if they had ran out of tact when designing this kid.

And it was only the first day of school. Dude seriously needed to learn his timing if he wanted to pick up a girl.

Kim defended Pamela, which touched her, but she decided to interject.

She flicked her eyes up and down, taking this guy in. Oh! He must be like Takahashi. All fancy and stuff.

She smiled in a fake sort of way as he offered to take her somewhere, and said,
"I don't go places alone with strangers, bucko. Try your luck with a different girl!" She then turned towards Asuna and said in a rapid burst,

"Is the red hair natural, girl? I wanna know who styled it! Where are you from, how's it going? I'm Pamela, how about you?"
"And what about your friend here? Are the purple tips natural, or...?"

Pamela's eyes jumped from person to person, her mouth bouncing from subject to subject. Her gaze was curious, and she adjusted her glasses as she moved on to her third victim.

"OH! And the blue haired one! How about you, is it natural? What's your star sign, what color do you use?"
Pamela asked so many questions, but she said them in a manner that showed she didn't expect them to be answered.
@Cmeriwether (Red Hair)
@Cryronn the Mudkip (Stranger)
@RhythmThief (Purple Tips)
@Gold The Dragonite (Blue Hair)
@Godjacob

Isolde Barley
Isolde blinked at Nera. Though her power couldn't read people's emotions, Isolde had developed a sharp eye for body language.

Nera seemed preoccupied. Probably bored of talking to her already....And she offered a question about her out of mere courtesy.
"O-Oh...No, It didn't cause me....much u-unrest...."
Isolde's voice was bashful as she stared at her food, away from the blood-red orbs that held her gaze with such intensity. Isolde flushed with a slight discomfort, akin to embarrassment but different. It was an almost physical feeling, like worms in her stomach.

In truth, Isolde had been replaying their interaction over and over in her mind, remembering each detail in vivid embarrassment throughout the night. She did that often, so it wasn't new, but would be embarrassing if taken out of context.

"H-How about you? I probably snored too loudly, o-or I was breathing weird....Sorry if it b-bothered you..."
@Cryronn the Mudkip

Tsugikuni Ginhoshi

“…too much empathy this time; got it.”

He seemed to irritably rub the bridge of his nose, not necessarily at Pamela, but himself… Nff… not to mention his ask to take her somewhere was completely… not even platonic, just what he had thought was just a basic human courtesy.

“…suit yourself then, I’m sorry it came across that way… just make sure you’re doing all right.”

He ignored her outburst, as it didn’t apply. He thought, at least.

“…so Orion.”

He changed the subject, blocking out Pamela from his thoughts. If she was stressed or anxious, she could be stressed or anxious.

“…how was your homeroom? I see you’ve made quite the group of new friends…”

He finished his chicken and slid the empty bucket to the side. His ears catching what Kim said.

“If you say so. Perhaps I interjected needlessly. Still, it’s a wonder to meet the heiress of the Takohashi clan… I’m actually the third youngest of the Ginhoshi clan, at the moment…”

@Blotch'd @Godjacob @RhythmThief @Cmeriwether

Nera Vasquez

“nah, you don’t need to worry; you didn’t bother me or anything. You’re one of the ones I can appreciate more in this school- at least in terms of… not causing intense amounts of chaos.”

She sat back from her half-finished food and crossed her arms, once more turning her gaze to Isolde.

“…by the way…”

“…”

“…I’ve been trying not to… but… my power is Mind Reading, and it can happen when you meet my gaze. I’m good at not activating it on accident… I just thought you should know… in case that informs your opinion of me…”

@Blotch'd

Melanie Redtail

As she saw Riley calm down after the lost phone reaction, by smacking herself in the forehead. Melanie looked up when she heard the Smack. She then looked at Riley, blushing a bit.

"I-I s-slept w-well, t-thanks f-for asking," Melanie responded, "M-My sister and I-I s-shared a r-room at o-our h-house in N-New Y-york C-city."

Melanie tried to keep herself calm, but was it was being hard at the moment. When Riley thanked her, she blushed even harder. When Riley dropped the fact she thought Melanie was cute, Melanie tried her hardest not to straight out faint.

"T-t-t-thank y-y-y-you." Melanie whispered.

@Cryronn the Mudkip (Riley)

Asuna Ryugetsu

Asuna had been finishing her food, As she saw Orion having finished his food in record time, various Interactions were occurring. She saw a girl with insane energy, all of a sudden, she was hit with a cup of coffee. Asuna saw Tsugikuni try to interact with the girl who spoke to Kim. She then saw a crane where Maria was.

"Was that Maria's power?" Asuna thought, "Who knows what the people here's powers are?"

The crane then turned its neck to peck a White haired boy that walked behind the crane. Orion then started talking about different types of sauces, which Asuna was listening intently, blushing as he spoke seemingly Knowledgeably. She then saw Orion comment on the crane, and even try to give move names. Asuna was now steaming like a kettle.

"Adorable." Asuna whispered.

She hoped no one heard that, except maybe Orion. If anyone else heard that, she would probably steam out more. Then the energetic girl started speaking to her.

"I am Ryugetsu Asuna, I recently came back from Kyoto, Japan, Pamela-San, my hair is natural, and my power tends to keep my hair from going too wild. I have no idea if Orion-kun's hair is natural, he'd have to answer that one himself."

She then looked to Orion.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@RhythmThief (Orion)
@Blotch'd (Pamela)

Fuyuko Redtail

"I'm in New territory when it comes to people," Fuyuko responded.

As Fuyuko walked with Marcel, she tried to look at him but when he would look, she'd look at her feet, then eventually she saw the Cafeteria.

"Lunch!"

Fuyuko's stomach roared louder as she got there.

"I'm going to eat, I'll see you when you are ready to eat, Marcel."

Fuyuko waved to Marcel and headed off to find something to eat. She was looking around the various stands and such.

@MarcelGalliard790

Kim glanced away when Pamala made mention of her being "popular" which she seemed to bristle at. While her family were held in high regard she doubted much that she was this friend magnet like Pamala claimed to be. Course her momentary fluster gave way as she composed herself in an instant and merely scoffed a bit.

"Please do not make presumptions, can be quite dangerous Pamala." Kim retorted back, but as her defense of Pamala came she seemed eager to defend herself from Tsugikuni's concerns as for better or worse she was a spirited one and perhaps that had been the quality that drew Kim to her; not that she'd ever admit that aloud of course.

"Believe me you couldn't have known. And the Ginhoshi clan? My my who would've guessed, it is a pleasure to meet a member face to face." Kim said with a smile as the Takadashi and Ginhoshi Clans had been formal with each other before Kim had even been born so it seemed a curious stroke of fate the pair had met.

Kim had glanced at Asuna who seemed to flush a bit, but thankfully for her she had not made comment on it.

@Blotch'd @Cmeriwether @Cryronn the Mudkip

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen

The second time Gwen witnessed a student get assaulted today alone. This school year was going to be chaotic, she could already tell. A fourth member of the now quadruplets performing showed up, getting attacked due to startling Maria. She transformed into a crane, turning around and pecking him to the ground in the blink of an eye. Gwen let out a short whistle, seeing her power in action. "Always on edge, huh Animari?" How fast she struck back felt astonishing(almost as fast as Gwen made up that nickname), like it wasn't her first rodeo. Maybe she just has a unruly sibling or something.

"The Avian Assault? The Bird Barrage? Some Fowl Play, perhaps? You gotta look for the double meanings, Onion." She joined Orion in making up her own names for Maria's retaliation with a smile.

Meanwhile, another person joined the party, the same guy Gwen saw with Orion and Asuna yesterday. "Nice to meet you, Tsugikuni!" She said his name at a slower pace, not wanting to mispronounce it. She savored another bite of her pizza as Orion returned her poke, pointing out Vincent all alone. "How could I forget Vince? It's been a day and a half and I'm already being a lousy friend..." She solemnly sighed, getting up from the table a bit too quick. Though before she left, there was a bombard of questions from another person, the first question being about her hair caught her off guard and quickening her pace. "I-I'll be back to answer in a sec!" Gwen walked off with a bubbly, almost distraught tone and a hurried wave towards the others.

The moment she turned her back to the others and got a good distance away, she let out a fatigued sigh, shoulders starting to droop and her smile fading. Gwen never really questioned her hair color. Her mother was brunette. She looked at her hair, looking at the shade of blue. She recognized it from the few early memories she had, before he left.

"God, how did Andrew do this for so long? Socializing's so draining," It didn't matter anyways, she was in the process of proving him wrong. She was acing this whole 'making friends' thing, all by herself! Just a little bit longer and she can say that she made tons of friends on the first day!

But Kim's frown...

Even if it was one out of three, maybe four people, it was still bothering Gwen. She was right; it came back to bite her. "Maybe I should ease up on the jokes?" She mused while walking, her brow furrowing. "But that's all I can do, damn it. What would Andrew do?" A thought she absolutely despised thinking but found herself depending too often on when alone. She was probably overthinking things, maybe Kim was just a tsundere!

Gwen's contemplation took up more time than she thought, already at the other side of the cafeteria. She walked up to Vincent, managing a warm smile, and taking a seat next to him. "Hey Vince. You look adorable, by the way," Gwen softly laughed, seeing that the school was able to accomodate his size for a uniform, good for him. She didn't plan on going back so soon, it was like a nice little escape. "So, how was your day so far?" Gwen may have failed to bring her food, but took a sip of the water she brought along.

@DevVoid

Josh

A fourth Edric walked up, more distraught than the performing ones. "Your power's more versatile than I thought!" He laughed, just now noticing how much Edric could get done. The question of which was the original still stood, but by the approaching one's face, it seemed some clones were running amok. At least the music was nice.

Then he mentioned Maria again, saying that she was on the other side of the cafeteria. "Awesome! Thanks, man." Now, he can kill two birds with one stone: get some actually good food and finally meet Maria, Edric's been talking her up since he met him. "Sorry Edrics, gonna have to borrow this." He whispered, still not wanting to distract them from the performance. The Echo Wings returned to his side, a noticable dip in volume. It took in more sound than Josh thought, the song replaying right next to his ears, the off-timing with the live performance causing him to visibly cringe.

With that, he flew back over to the other side of the cafeteria, but soon realised something: Edric pointed over there, but where? There were tons of girls; how would he find Maria? Walk up to all of them and ask for their names? He just wanted to meet up with somebody, not look like a creep...

On top of that, he didn't even know what to eat. Josh stood next to all the food, surveying the options. Was he always this picky of an eater?

Last edited:

MarcelGalliard790

“Alright, I’ll see you in a few moments then.” Marcel smiled as he waved to the leaving Fuyuko. “Just don’t get hurt.” Marcel spoke under his breath as he looked at her. His blush was present, but he was caught out of his trance by Samael nudging his arm in a joking matter. “Easy now tiger, that time will come eventually.” Samael poked at Marcel with a smile. “I see how you look at her. And I’m proud you finally decided to find that someone for you.” Samael spoke as he walked with Marcel.

“What did you mean earlier today by, Greatest Asset?” Samael looked at Marcel and Marcel would then smile. “It’s because you’re like a brother to me. While Porco may be my blood brother. You are almost like blood to me. So I trusted you in looking over Fuyuko. I might. Ask her if we can hang out for. A bit. Just us.” Marcel smiled after he explained he began to blush when talking about his plan involving Fuyuko.

Samael would smile, a genuine smile for Marcel as he rested a hand on his shoulder. “Good, you’re making your move. Just remember, not too fast. You have to ease into it. Okay?” Samael smiled as he and Marcel got slices of pizza respectively and walked together. “Nicole really taught you somethings didn’t she Samael?” Marcel smiled as the two talked about Samael’s past love Nicole Frostweaver. “Yes, I’m surprised Jack never wanted to jump me for dating his twin sister.” Samael spoke before him and Marcel laughed a bit, they would take a seat, Samael and Marcel sat across from one another as they waited for Fuyuko to arrive.

(@Cmeriwether )

How was Gwen so good at coming up with names for things in record time? Forget Karma- the girl clearly had a future as a Marketing Director!

His attention turned in Kim's direction now, toward her energetic new friend. Speaking of energy, the atmosphere had suddenly become packed full of it- if it hadn't been already, that is.

Tsugi, as observant as ever, offered to take the bespectacled girl to "somewhere quiet", a proposition so blunt Orion had to stifle a chuckle or two.

Once Pamela had started eyeing Tsugi up and down like he was a crazed person though, Orion knew what was coming and wanted to step in to Tsugi's defense, but once the damage had already been done, the girl started firing off questions rapidly at the table before Orion could get a word in.

He sighed cooly and remained silent for a few beats, glancing sympathetically at his friend. Asuna'd whispered something, but he couldn't quite catch it in the moment.

Orion had only known the Japanese young man for about a day, though it was crystal clear even to him that Tsugi wasn't the sleazy pick-up type. In fact, the guy never meant any harm with just about everything that left his mouth. The pain of being misunderstood- Orion knew it well.

So while Pamela's abrasive response was completely appropriate given the circumstances, it had admittedly rubbed the portal weaver the wrong way, and his demeanor had become notably more subdued by the time Gwen had taken off to go see her friend, directly clashing with the wave of energy that had been crashing against him.

Tsugi opted to brush it off and move on, prompting Orion to do the same, but he made a mental note.

He didn't think the question about his hair was actually intended to be answered, but after listening to Asuna's answer, she redirected the question back at him.

"...yeah, they are actually." he began, offering a soft, if not somber smile at the group, playing with the purple twists in question. "It used to be all black, but once my power came around, my eyes and the tips of my hair started changing colour. It was freakish. Made for a couple interesting days at school and at home though."

He moved his attention back towards Tsugi, whose tone, on the surface, was as professional and level as ever, though a trained ear would reveal there was a slight edge, a disappointment, present in his discourse. Orion looked him over for a while with sympathetic eyes before answering.

"Homeroom was...weird," he began, before relaying how he met his classmates, the scene of Ms. Thornheart, her eyes, the threads, and how he was the only one able to see them. Once done, he leaned back in his chair thoughtfully.

All the socializing had actually helped him get his mind off of all that, but now here it was again, a parasite eating at his peace of mind.

All the more reason to stay connected with these guys and put myself out there, he thought to himself, knowing that perhaps the most dangerous enemies weren't roaming about in the streets, but rather sneaking about inside your own head.

Glancing down at his watch, he noted the time- 11:55 already? There were only about 25 minutes left!

He recalled their next lessons were...Applied Superhero Engineering, and then two periods of Electives. What did he pick again? Ah, he would find out soon enough anyway.

"Well," Orion exhaled, rising, picking up his tray. "Think I'm gonna go return this. Be right back."

@Blotch'd (Pamela)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)

Last edited:
Maria

“Heh, thanks. I might actually use Crane Counterstrike, it’s catchy. I’ve had some practice with it…”

This whole incident seemed to remind her of something, as she slowly got lost in her memories…

~???~

“Where do you think you’re going?” The white-haired girl taunted, as she and her so-called popular teens surrounded her outside her safe zone, the white building of the school. The name-calling and being mocked behind her back was normal, but being prey for a pack of wolf-like kids was a new variable.

The pre-teen Maria just wanted to avoid all conflict, so she kept walking along the sidewalk. She absolutely didn’t want a confrontation, it wasn’t worth getting in trouble. Unfortunately, they weren’t going to let up as she felt the sting of rocks hitting her skin.

They were using the slingshots again. Of course they were.

“Can we not do this routine? It’s not gonna make me worship you guys!” She desperately cried out, knowing it wouldn’t do a darned thing. These people were cruel and merciless, no variables needed.

“What are you going to do about it, you Philipino freak? Not like you have a dad to protect you.” She cackled, like a witch from an old-timey movie.

That was the final straw that broke her back. Not only did that princess-looking fraud thoroughly mispronunce Filipino, but she brought her mothers into this.

“At least I have somebody to comfort me, I doubt your mom and dad care about you at all… So do us all a favor and leave me be…” Maria coldly retorted as she noticed one of the boys who had a deep crush on that white-haired witch readied his slingshot.

She wasn’t thinking anymore as her body twisted and morphed into a sarus crane, towering over the unprepared boy as she delivered a swift peck to the head. The motion was a little crude, but still swift.

THWOK!

The boy crumpled to the floor, clutching his head in pain. Maria in her new bird form then delivered a loud shriek of panic and rage before flying away, realizing just a split-second too late…

~Karma High, Southern California~

She was shuddering again. It was normal when going through these visions of her past, and Maria needed to get her mind off it.

“Uh, I don’t just turn into birds… If you guys want, I can turn into other animals. Try going small though, don’t want another ruckus.”

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
@RhythmThief (Orion)

3 years earlier...

"I'll be fine, man. Relax."

Dean was only twelve years old. Sure, he was still maturing, but he and his friends were younger. And a lot shorter. Especially Benji.

"You sure, Dean?" Braedyn asked, concerned, "You nearly lost an arm the last time you even got close to that crackhead."

Dean sighed. "Like I said, it won't happen again," he said, "Ever."

His other friends, Hayden, Henry, Benji and Toby were even more concerned than they should've been because they know how dangerous Dai is. They tried to stop Dean from going anywhere near Dai, but Dean wanted a peaceful solution and he thought it was possible to talk Dai out of his manipulative edgy maniac phase.

"You don't have to be like this, Dai," he said, "There's always a more peaceful way to handle it; a way where nobody has to get hurt."

Dai didn't say anything. Instead, he glared at Dean and sent him flying into a wall, and that wall broke into more pieces than Braedyn could make with a single strike. Dean got back up as fast as he could, but Dai was already beating his friends down.

"Damn it..." Toby exclaimed, "But... Dean had a point."

Dai proceeded to break Toby's leg. "Do I care?" he said.

Dean's first immediately seemed to fling itself at Dai, and it worked really well. And Dean was pissed.

"You really are an evil bitch," Dean finally said, then flung his fists at Dai at full speed, not saying a word. Not even changing his expression.

A day later

"13-year-old Dai Smith has been pronounced dead. Cause of death: organ failure caused by a high-speed flurry of fist attacks to the chest, head and stomach--"

Dean immediately switched off the news. He didn't want to hear Dai's name ever again.

Toby's leg was still broken, and all of his friends were nearly dead with well over 100 broken bones, with the exception of Braedyn, who had exactly 100 broken bones.

"That bastard," Dean said, his voice shaking, "He deserved what he got."

Present day

Dean had still remembered the early death he had given Dai even though by accident. In case the news lied and Dai wasn't dead, he had signed up for the Combat Mastery elective. Braedyn had followed him, with his only thoughts being "yay".

When they reached the cafeteria, Braedyn had an actually smart idea. "Hey, how about you go look for Melanie?" he said loudly. Dean blushed.

"DUDE, WHY DO YOU SAY THAT SO LOUD?!" he shouted, laughing a little bit. Dean sighed. "Sure," he said.

Unsurprisingly, Dean found Melanie quite quickly. Braedyn, although very puffed, had just barely managed to make it to that location sooner. "You got bad knees or something, mate?" Dean laughed.

Braedyn chuckled. "No, I got tiny-ass lungs," he said with a somewhat whiny tone. Dean shrugged.

"Rest in peace," he said jokingly.

Braedyn laughed. "You gonna go talk to her? Who's the other girl who's with her?" Braedyn seemed to start throwing 19 questions per second, including "Is 1 + 1 actually 2?" Dean urged him to stop, and he did.

"I'll talk to her," he said, and it wouldn't have been awkward if Dean hadn't accidentally activated his Lightning Step technique (every time he takes a step, lightning strikes) and, of course, he jumped and this time he went flying into a chair close to Melanie and the other girl, accidentally denting it.

He blushed quite a bit now. "Well, this is awkward," he admitted.

Braedyn just barely resisted bursting into laughter. This was painful, but if it was Dai that happened to have that happen to him, Braedyn would have geniune happiness outside of friendships for once.

(@Cryronn the Mudkip @Cmeriwether )

Pamela Oswald
People had often joked Pamela had a third power; the ability to listen to 5 people talk at once.

Which is what was happening. Pamela raised her eyebrows as everyone actually answered.

"Wow, y'all...I'm so jelly. I just got this basic blonde! But I guess guys go for the dumb blonde type, sometimes."

Pamela straightened up, and changed the subject to something she actually cared about.

"So y'all befriended Kimmy, huh? She's fun! Everyone needs a friend that'll keep you grounded," Pamela said, glancing sideways at Takahashi. Her slight frown unsettled her. Usually her resting face was more steely, but Takahashi just seemed resigned.

"Every act needs a straight man to keep the goofballs in line, yeah? So it's good! Whatever blue-hair says about it."

Hopefully Kim would appreciate Pamela's effort. Pamela sure hoped so; it would mean an easier job in future. Standing up, she observed the group and said,
"Ahem! Howdy, y'all! I am Pamela Oswald, but y'all can just call me Pamela! If you can be friends with Kim, then I'll be a freaking cinch, yeah?"
She winked, striking a pose. Her eyes didn't seem into it, though. They had a certain coldness to them, which clashed with her easy, slack expression.
@Cmeriwether
@RhythmThief
@Godjacob
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Isolde Barley
Isolde flushed at the mention of appreciation, but not in bashfulness. Just in shock.

She couldn't mean that, right? Even if she was quiet, she was probably boring company. She wasn't even good eye candy, so Isolde wasn't completely sure about Nera's genuineness.

And then Nera mentioned her power. Isolde reeled back, and her flush faded into a dull white panic.

NOT EVEN MY THOUGHTS ARE SAFE???

Isolde panicked, covering her face with her overlarge sleeves.
It was almost cute except for the internal screaming.

She composed herself enough to say,
"O-Oh, really...? Huh...That's, um, g-great...?"
Isolde sighed. "M-Mine reads bad intentions....I-If you wanted to p-punch me...I'd know...It also works...F-From my eyes....ehe..."
She very purposely avoided Nera's eyes. She would probably be thinking about how rude and hurtful this reaction could be later, but in the moment Isolde just didn't want Nera in her thoughts.

Isolde, naturally, wondered if Nera had read anything of her earlier thoughts.

Her flush returned.

@Cryronn the Mudkip

Nera Vasquez

“…it’s not as great as you think.”

“…the moment you mention it to someone, they get antsy around you. They don’t want to look you in the eyes. They think you’re always trying to get… one up on them…”

Nera exhaled… shaking her head… and tried to ease the girl’s concerns.

“…I haven’t read any of your thoughts today… I only did yesterday to get a… tertiary reference… and…”

This isn’t making you sound any better, weirdo.

“…all I know is that I shouldn’t be abrupt or sudden around you… I don’t want you to feel more uncomfortable than you already probably are…”

Nera uncrossed her legs… her red eyes moved back down towards her food… and she took a bite… though it was basically a nibble. Despite having not eaten breakfast today… she didn’t feel very hungry.

“…you have a good power though. Useful. Helpful… effective. Helps you know friend and foe, I’m sure… one of my other powers, active copy allows me to duplicate the powers of those I… scry into… though…”

“…I’m not sure I could copy your’s, given my power is focused in my eyes, you know? I think that would overwrite things. Funny… how that works out, huh?”

@Blotch'd

Tsugikuni Ginhoshi

“…indeed..!”

It seemed his mood was slowly improving once more, as a shallow smile had crept It’s way to his lips. Meeting those of similar culture to him was… a treat, in the states (though his chances were increased, given he was on the west coast). Though he much enjoyed learning of other cultures, he often found himself gravitating towards those who shared his own- quirk of human nature, he assumed.

“…I’d call it a pleasure, meeting you already. Your professionalism already paints a rather great picture of your clan, and, given we’re both… up-and-coming in our own positions, I’d say it would be a shame to not increase the connections between our clans… I look forward to hearing stories of your family and it’s history!”

Tsugikuni was… a bit of a nerd, but an earnest one, at least. Nothing about his tone suggested he was talking down to Kim, simply that he was… fascinated by learning he would be interacting with a Takohashi Clan heiress in the first place!

Then, Pamela made her grand announcement, and he decided to perk up and properly introduce himself.

“…I’m Tsugikuni Ginhoshi. Though we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, I can only hope our mutual acquaintance in Kim can bring us past that. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

His voice held a higher degree of optimism now, and he glanced towards Orion, making a small wave as he went to go return his tray.

“…I should be doing that myself soon- don’t keep us waiting too long, Orion, our chats just wouldn’t be the same without you!”

If Orion would look back, he’d spot Tsugikuni’s playfully friendly grin, that he’d gotten to know quite well by now.

@RhythmThief @Blotch'd @Cmeriwether @Godjacob @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Riley Deimi

“Whoa, you lived in New York?! That’s soooo cool! I’ve only been to LA, never any other big big cities around the country! I bet it’s super super coooool, right?”

Riley’s grin was unshaken through the entire interaction, and as Melanie nervously thanked her, with a stutter that even Riley’s oblivious ass could catch, she rubbed the back of her head and playfully responded-

“Hey, I wouldn’t say it unless it was the truth! And come on, perk up, there’s no need to trip over your words! We’re friends, aren’t we? No reason to be nervous~!”

Then, as she was about to open up her mouth about something else-

“GAH-“

“Yikes man, what the heck was that about! Melanie, you know this guy?”

She asked, tilting her head as she scooted a few paces closer to Melanie and away from… would this be Dean? She’d seen his antics a couple times the previous day…

@D34N.U5R @Cmeriwether

Melanie Redtail

As Melanie heard Riley say something. about living in New York, she then responded with her personal thoughts.

"We lived in New York our whole lives, Fuyuko and I, we aren't used to California. Los Angeles might be a bit closer to what I'm used to. I can see the Empire State Building from my window, My Dad works for The University of New York when he's not on some sort of dig. We've seen various parts of the city we live in with our ten brothers, I've seen the Statue of Liberty up close, it is huge and as green as they say. We lived in the Old Howard Beach Neighborhood of Queens, it's a thirty minute drive to the main city." Melanie responded, "I'm used to people not liking me with my bullied past, much less calling me cute. As such, Fuyuko will probably speak to you at some point."

About a year and half before current, Melanie had been cornered by two girls, trying to mess with her. She was in a possession by The Actor, which allowed her to confuse and distract her Bullies to try to escape, but when they caught up to her, they started throwing hands. At that point, Melanie's eyes glowed Red. As her Spectral outfit shifted, her Bullies were confused. She was very weak just a second ago was amongst the Bullies' thoughts. When the spectral outfit fully shifted, Mongolian Armor was over her, a helmet was over her head.

"My turn," Melanie practically spat out, however, her voice was overwritten by a deeper voice, "You messed with my Seeker, and have hurt my Seeker, I was Tolerant of your actions until you started hurting her, now I act to defend my Seeker."

As the two went to fight her, she turned the tables on them, kneeing one in the head as the other grabbed her friend, who was bleeding from her nose as Melanie walked out towards Fuyuko, who had caught the other two as she had arrived. Melanie's possession gave Fuyuko a shock.

"The Emperor," Fuyuko whispered.

Melanie then promptly dropped the Possession as a teacher ran up, and Fuyuko explained the situation.

As Melanie was thinking, Riley came closer to her as The two from yesterday, Dean and Braedyn did more antics, this time, Launching Dean at Melanie and Riley. She was confused as to why either thought launching the other was a Good idea.

"Dean?" Melanie was blushing heavily, because Riley was closer than Ever, "How did you get launched into here? Also, Riley, are you okay?"

@Cryronn the Mudkip (Riley) @D34N.U5R (Dean)

Dean sighed. What had he gotten himself into? "I accidentally activated my most menacing technique and had the shit scared out of me," he explained, "While Braedyn was getting me to talk to someone." Dean stood up.

"I won't elaborate," he said, "Why do I feel like I'm about to-"

Then he sneezed so hard he got struck by lightning, but thankfully no harm was done to his body. "I'm OK," he said while Braedyn pissed his pants laughing.

@Cmeriwether (Melanie) @Cryronn the Mudkip (Riley)

Isolde Barley, still not entirely reassured
Isolde wanted a bit to explain herself, but she wasn't entirely sure she could and would probably only make it worse.
She was silent for the longest while, and then looked slightly west of Nera's eyes. The only way she could possibly be comfortable with this.

"W-Well...I g-get that...Powers c-can be kinda negative s-sometimes..."

She fumbled with the leftovers of her food, and then pushed the plate away.

"E-Erm...Your eyes..."

She paused. Mortified at the idea forming into her head, she simply wanted to say something to alleviate Nera's growing discontentment.

"I-It's kind of a s-shame....Y-You're eyes are...."
She swallowed. Isolde looked at the table as she said,
"T-They're pretty..."

Even though it was only a friendly compliment, Isolde still flushed and started to correct herself.
"N-Nevermind. I'm sorry, y-you probably hate t-them..."

@Cryronn the Mudkip

As Gwen seemed to chat up and tried to collect her thoughts, she seemed to notice her gaze directed at her for a moment. Kim raised an eyebrow at this but decided not to press on the matter. She was sure whatever it was would resolve itself if she had some issue besides there had been enough talking points she tried to follow.

Attention shifted to Orion who seemed to account his own odd experience during homeroom, which again got the Takahashi's attention as she herself wondered what this was all about. Though as he moved his trey it caused her to glance at the time as lunch seemed to not be over yet but it was closing in as she finished a bit of her salad and worked to pick up her try. "Suppose I should return this as well." Kim said to the table.

Maria then asked to turn to a small animal of sorts, offering to demonstrate her abilities and while Kim seemed to be against showing off such powers casually, she had a bit of a curious mind to her as she glanced over to her. "Maybe a pigeon?"

Unexpectedly Pamala spoke up and began to muse about what a great person Kim was and vouched for her, in her own overblown way which seemed to catch Kim by surprise. She had not been used to someone saying such flattering comments about her demeanor like that, and honestly she had been unprepared for the admittedly over the top delivery of such endorsements.

"Pamala you...you find a way to still surprise me." Kim admitted with a chuckle, but her expression shifted to a slight smile, as if conveying that she had appreciated what she did. On that topic seemed Tsugikuni spoke up and desired to get a better connection with Kim as their clans had a mutual relationship and this had been enough for Kim to nod in agreement.

"Yeah, I believe a strong connection can only help our families going forward. With that, I'll be off to return this." Kim said as she excused herself for the moment to go return her try now that she had finished her lunch.

@Gold The Dragonite @RhythmThief @Blotch'd @Cryronn the Mudkip

MarcelGalliard790

Marcel and Samael were talking about their interactions with the others. “That Dean and Braedyn huh. Kind of the troublesome duo there huh.” Marcel spoke as he looked at Samael. Samael shrugged he didn’t really care at all. “All that matters is we grow. If it’s them. It’s not our fault.” Marcel nodded at Samael’s comment before looking around and then asking Samael, “Speaking of which….where is Fuyuko?” Samael looked at him before looking around for Fuyuko
(Short post, but a post regardless @Cmeriwether )

Riley Deimi

“I mean…”

This guy was… even more of a handful than her. She glanced between Dean and Melanie, and sort of gave a shrug.

“…aye, you do you. Just talk to who you need to talk to… me and Mely here were in the middle of a conversation!!!”

She crossed her arms and tried to look defiant… but kinda just looked like a dork. Still, her point was made, as she took a slight glance to Melanie to see her reaction!

…cuz you know… reasons!

@D34N.U5R @Cmeriwether

Nera Vasquez

Nera paused for a moment. She felt like someone had stuck an arrowhead between the folds of her armor… her eyes… held a sense of surprise… before just a light… light color filled Nera’s head… and she… exhaled…

‘... No puedo creer que sea ... una idiota…’ she whispered under her breath…

Nera moved her eyes just a bit… to meet Isolde’s… for just a moment… head on. Isolde… wouldn’t sense any malice behind them… as her eyes… stared into Isolde’s, not past them.

“…thanks… I really appreciate it…”

Her head swiftly turned back; breaking the sudden eye contact as she cleared her throat; brushing a lock of hair out of her face…

“Mm. Uh. I-I guess… Ah, there’s no reason to worry… I wouldn’t say I hate… hate them. Because… without them, I’d probably be in even worse shape than I am now.”

‘shocking considering I’m already a damn mess…’

“…so like I said… don’t let yourself get bent out of shape about it…”

@Blotch'd

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
As the large lad was dining on his food.. well, more just tossing the entire mountain down his lid in one moment, then taking out a clean tray the next, he could not help but think about the classes he had taken so far today. A whole lot of talking and thinking, those were. Far more challenging than what he had faced before, but.. well, if this is what it takes to become a hero and use his power for the better, then no sacrifice would be too high, right?

Just as he was lost in thought though, a familiar figure approached him. The one he had awaited at the entrance earlier, but had been a no-show. Until now, that is. Vincent was snapped out of whatever he was doing and raised a large hand as a short wave. Though it was barely visible, given how miniscule and flat his actual head was in comparison to the rest of him, a little blush briefly flashed upon his cheeks, which would really only become apparent from a bird's eye view, given his size.

" Gwen! Vincent wait for you at entrance before, but you no show. Glad to see you now! "

He took a look at his own uniform gifted to him by the school. Truly, choosing to be here was the right choice.

" Miss old vest a bit. Wore for too long. Is nice change, new clothes fit good! "

Then, she asked him how his day was. Well, the nightly stroll was nice.. but was that still considered part of his day? ..eh, probably.

" Vincent not sleep, walk around at night. Weird fog appear at some point, go away when sun up again. Class fun, but difficult. How day for Gwen go? "

@Gold The Dragonite

Melanie Redtail/Fuyuko Redtail

As Melanie heard what Riley said, Dean sneezed, and lightning struck him. Melanie literally jumped in the air when that happened.

"W-we w-were," Melanie stuttered when Riley crossed her arms, trying to look defiant.

"Adorable!"

It was at that point she looked back at Riley. She was nervous from her past, and was keeping close to those she considered a friend at least.

Fuyuko had been getting her food when she heard Lightning strike from the direction of where she saw Melanie. She then got her food, and headed over towards where the Lightning struck. Fuyuko hoped no one was trying to hurt Melanie, the last time someone did that, them and two of their friends ended up in the hospital. She then hurried over to where that was find Melanie over towards the girl from yesterday at the dorms, along with who she presumed to be Dean and Braedyn, the two that tried to talk to Samael last Night.

"Is everything Good at the moment?" Fuyuko warned, her spirit energy seeping through the Whisker Tattoos, and her scars that she has on her hips, "What happened?"

Fuyuko saw the chair that was hit by whatever happened, which had a dent in it.

"I just hope no one got Hurt," Fuyuko thought, "If either of those two hurt Melanie, I will rip them a new one."

"Fuyuko?" Melanie asked worriedly as she had seen the spirit energy seeping out of her.

@Cryronn the Mudkip (Riley) @D34N.U5R @MarcelGalliard790 (Find Fuyuko fast!)

Asuna Ryugetsu

Asuna had sitting there, trying not to giggle at Tsugikuni-San after he had accidentally tried to obviously hit on Pamela. She then saw people returning their trays. She had finished her food a bit earlier, to which she then returned her tray. She then saw Orion a bit Uneasy after what happened, but he brushed it off, seemingly. As she was fiddling her fingers, she had a question for everyone after they were done talking.

"Do you guys have any Family?"

Asuna had heard Maria asked them to name an animal, particularly a small one. She had one idea, but it wasn't exactly small. It was the Japanese Giant Salamander, and it was an animal that she had seen near Kyoto for some reason.

"Can you turn into a Japanese Giant Salamander?"

@Blotch'd (Pamela)
@RhythmThief (Orion)
@Godjacob (Kim)

MarcelGalliard790

“Huh?” Marcel noticed the lightning strike, but his concern was that Fuyuko seemed to have some energy seeping out of her. He then noticed Melanie and knew something was up. “Samael. Come on.” Marcel spoke as the two rushed over. Samael reaching for one of his obsidian scythes and Marcel rushed over sternly, not showing any of his abilities yet.

“Alright, what is going on?” Marcel spoke sternly before looking at Fuyuko. His expression becoming softer. “Fuyuko. Are you alright? You’re not hurt are you?” Marcel was expressing genuine concern for Fuyuko. Even walking over to try and calm her down. “It’s okay. It’s alright Fuyuko. If anything happened, let me do it.” Marcel spoke soothingly to calm her down.
(@Cmeriwether )

Edric

“Heh, thanks.” Edric chuckled as Josh receded his spectral feathers. At least somebody was cheering those three on.

Speaking of those three…

“Well now that’s over with, we got about 20-ish minutes to pack up this performance.” Now that he wasn’t distracted by seeing Josh again, he could get to the point.

The trio all realized that time was up, the music slowly ended on a cool riff, the trio fused back into one Edric, who walked up to the other one and dropped the three instruments. They both watched as Josh walked off in the direction he pointed.

“Aww man… We were having fun…”

“Don’t worry, you’ll play again someday, just not anytime soon. A lotta people don’t like our music anyway.”

“Guess you’re right.” He said as the Edric from earlier came back, looking like he ate a lot. Seems that this whole mess took longer to resolve than he thought.

“Where have you guys been? Whatever, I finished lunch anyways. We need to fuse back so that all of us can get the nutrients.”

“Alrighty then!” The other clones said in unison.

The three clones fused back into one Edric, now completely refreshed and legally done eating lunch. He decided to walk back to Maria’s table, but not without picking up something…

Maria

As she finished her lunch, Maria though it was average for a school lunch. Not too shabby. Then she overheard the girl she deduced was Asuna ask about turning into a Japanese Giant Salamander.

“Odd choice, but okay? Don’t know if that quantifies as small.”

As she stood up and stood a distance away from the table, she slowly morphed into the creature, her skin turning brown and icky. Her body widened and she dropped on all fours as the transformation finished, turning into a giant lumpy brown salamander.

“Bit bigger than I hoped, and it’s not good for movement, but it works? Could be used as a tank in a underwater cave…” She rambled on.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
@RhythmThief (Orion)

Last edited:
Pamela, huh. Pah-meh-lah. That's a nice name, the teenager mused to himself. She didn't seem as mean as he assumed, no- as his friend had aptly described, they had simply gotten off on the wrong foot, same thing with Kim earlier.

That said, Orion couldn't help the feeling that her whole talkative airhead schtick was some kind of cover, or disguise for something else entirely.

Either that, or he was simply hallucinating her eyes having a certain shrewdness and calculation to them as she scanned the table over.

As the boy began to make his way over to return his tray, he glanced back at Tsugikuni's voice and was greeted to what Orion had now branded the Tsugrin- while he'd probably need to workshop that name with Gwen later, the meaning was clear, for the Japanese young man had his own brand of smile nobody could replicate. You just had to see it to believe it, Orion supposed.

Regardless, Orion was happy Tsugi seemed to be enjoying himself now, so much so that the sudden sound of thunder from a nearby table caught him off guard, causing his whole body to jump up in reflex.

As it turns out, when a whole tray of a crockery and cutlery is launched into the air, gravity decides to have a field day and send the whole thing shattering onto the floor, ignorant of foolish, human concepts like embarrassment or humiliation.

So whilst Orion would have given anything to shout Not today, gravity! before catching all of the flying items mid-air like an overqualified juggler, his body wouldn't move, preferring instead to glue his eyes to the girl who was doing all of the aforementioned.

Appearing seemingly out of thin air, she nabbed the tray in her left hand, moving it back and forth to catch the falling items until they lay arranged on the tray as if they'd never left.

"Aaaand that," she announced, looking at the boy's flabbergasted expression breezily, "is why there have been 0 workplace accidents in this Cafeteria since I've been around."

She put the tray back onto a nearby table when she realized Orion wasn't taking it back.

"...ugh, fine, that white-haired speedster classmate of yours made the first one in months, but did you see what I just pulled off? I deserve something today."

Still no response.

"Uhhh, earth to Mr. Twister? Those tips of yours look like crayons, my guy. How about-"

She was interrupted by the boy's sudden jerk towards her.

"THAT. WAS. SICK!" he exclaimed. "You- it's like, I jumped- and then, fwoosh, but then you said syouuuum and-"

She grabbed both of his shoulders, smirking.

"Hey, hey, hey. English. Please. C'mon, deep breaths, in and out."

He did as instructed. Now taking her in, she was around his age, maybe an upperclassman, with smooth, golden-brown skin and a big curly 'fro that bounced with every move she made, taking on a life of its own.

"I-uh, thank you." He managed, becoming slightly shy at the close proximity.

"Don't sweat it kiddo. Just try not to go juggling trays again anytime soon, yeah? At least not until you get your clown license. But hey, I think you're a natural."

They both laughed at that.

She has a nice smile, he thought, which surprised him.

"Got it." he replied, picking up his tray steadily. "Hey, what's your-"

"Maya," she responded easily as if reading his mind. At some point, she had begun sitting on the table in front of them, looking at her nails, bored. It was especially strange considering Orion had only taken his eyes off her for a singular moment. "Third Year, Pegasus, all-around bad bitch."

He nodded absent-mindedly, still starstruck.

"Nice."

She giggled at this, which made him feel warm and fuzzy, and he suddenly really wished Asuna wasn't watching any of this.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" she asked, flicking her eyes somewhere behind him. He followed her gaze to the direction of his table. Maria had turned into some kind of brown salamander, and it was cool up until she started speaking, then it began to look very, very cursed.

"Yeah, I should be-"

Gone. Just like that. After looking around frantically but seeing no sign of her anywhere, he continued his quest to the kitchen area of the Cafeteria, his grip on his tray decidedly tighter once he realized his heart wasn't going to stop racing.

Last edited:
As Kim dumped her try back she had taken note of the musical set of clones who put themselves back together and began to head over to the table, though the focus upon her return had been Maria who per a suggestion seemed to transform into a salamander which had been quite the display as Kim's gaze seemed to widen a bit upon seeing it.

"Quite the skill." Kim complimented Maria, before she tried to sneak in her request again. "C-can you also turn to a bird, like a pigeon?" Kim asked, hoping this time her voice had been heard. Though as she finished this she listened to Asuna's open question about the families of the students present. This seemed to cause her to pause a bit as her relationship with her family had well....been a conflicted one to say the least. While she admired her sister and sensed mutual love from her, her parents, her grandfather...that had been a can of worms in it of itself.

Not that Asuna had anyway to know that, nor had she intended anyone else to catch on.

"My family is a long and proud line. Heroes that have protected our community for generations. Before coming to this school I used to live with my grandfather, and my mother & father. My older sister moved out and now serves as a public hero." Kim explained a bit, her tone carried formal grace and a touch of pride especially on the latter end. "Now it is on my shoulders to ensure I carry this proud legacy." Kim added on, which likely in part explained why she had taken her studies perhaps a bit too seriously at times.

@Cmeriwether (Asuna) @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Maria)

Last edited:
Samira Abdul/Reggie Ironfist/Freydis Hagen/Damon Felix/Asuna Ryugetsu

As The Four Heads and Acting Heads all watched the first years eat lunch, Samira noticed a third year approach the group. She had been reading the group's Romances and sighed with her face in her hands. Freydis and Damon looked at the group and actually saw what Samira was seeing. Maya, one of the Pegasus House Third Years, had been seemingly flirting with who seemed to be a Pegasus House First year. However, there was one steaming variable that the Pegasus House Third year was forgetting. As Samira watched the interaction, Maya was Gone. Reggie, Freydis, and Damon were all confused.

"Speedster," Samira explained, "She has a habit of preventing Cafeteria accidents."

"Oh, her," Freydis responded, "Very Fast, can only Partial Counter her attacks. I heard someone managed to stop her quickly."

Freydis Nudged Damon, as Reggie looked at him Incredulously.

"You beat Me pretty Handedly in Last year's tournament," Reggie responded, "I was using Metal Form to try and reduced damage from Physical attacks."

"Lightning is much faster than most people think, and she was one of those that forced IT to come out, like Reggie."

Freydis gave a small chuckle at what Damon said. Damon Felix had been looking for any Chimera House First Years. Turned out that Samira's steami

On the First Year's end of things, Asuna had seen two things, one was Maria Turning into a Japanese Giant Salamander. The other was a random girl seemingly trying to flirt with Orion-kun after seeing him get spooked by something in the direction of whatever caused a random thundering sounds, from her point of view. She gave a look of Disapproval in the girl's direction, with steam literally popping out of her head, but she was gone. Asuna heard about what Kim said about her question, nodding.

To Maria, she responded with, "I have seen the animal live, but never up close. That's why I asked."

She then turned to Kim.

"I'm surprised that someone from a Hero Clan came to this School, I come from Business people, my Older brother is at a College in Washington. My parents are divorced, my dad lives in Kyoto with his family and my stepsister Nochizuma Shiori, and my mom lives in Dallas with her and and my step-brother, Dean Rodriguez. From what I've heard in Kyoto, my uncle is a rising Hero himself, I have to go check on something."

Asuna then disappeared into the Table's shadow. She then popped out, as she was trying to clear her head of whatever that was that occurred right before she talked about her own family.
What was that? She wasn't sure about that, it was new? She needed to talk to someone later about this strange, icky feeling she had.

Fuyuko Redtail

Fuyuko's spirit seepage was about to increase, but she then stopped suddenly, hearing Marcel's Voice checking on her. She went from basically Barking Mad to intensely blushing in a matter of half a second.

"I-I heard L-Lightning s-strike and went to c-check on it, found the t-two who sent s-someone into the c-ceiling c-crashing into a c-chair nearby, in-interrupting a c-conversation between my s-sister and her f-friend from w-what I could p-pick up from what I c-came a-across and w-what I was H-hearing."

She saw him and Samael, who were on alert seemingly. She knew if she unleashed her full power here, she'd wreck the entire Cafeteria, possibly causing a collapse of the building as a nearly one hundred foot long Gold Dragon Spirit doesn't fit in a building like this. Also, most people that have seen this form have been scared crapless from the sight of it.

MarcelGalliard790

Marcel looked at her with a soft smile. “Just breathe fuyuko. Okay? In and out.” Marcel spoke as he really wanted to hold her hands. So he tried to by slowly moving his hand to hers. Slowly, but surely as to not raise any awareness. As he slowly locked hands with her.

Samael looked at the others as he moved his hand away from the handle of one of his obsidian scythes, the dark, almost deep purplish, scythe shined in the light. As if it was made ages ago. But these always have fresh obsidian from Samael unleashing a secret technique. “Good. Glad that’s figured out then.” Samael spoke sharply as he looked at Marcel. “Take your time with her.” Samael spoke as he began to walk back where him and Marcel were sitting earlier.
(@Cmeriwether @D34N.U5R @Cryronn the Mudkip )

Maria

She may have been flat on the ground as a Japanese giant salamander, but that didn’t impair her hearing, as Maria heard Kim say something about a pigeon from above her. She tilted her wide head up, letting the fellow Asian know she was acknowledged.

“Say no more! Birds are my second favorite transformation, just behind cats, because flying is a great form of movement.”

Her body morphed again, this time shrinking and rising into the air, as a normal looking pigeon formed and flapped it’s wings. She did a cool flip above the table as she practiced her wings.

“Mind if I land on your head? I just wanna practice my landings and my talons are dull…” She squeaked out at Kim, unsure if the girl would let her.

I don’t wanna hurt her, but I do have a lot of practice with avians…

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
@RhythmThief (Orion)

Pamela Oswald
Satisfied, Pamela checked her phone clock. She was done. All things considered, she had been here too long.
"See y'all later, I'm gonna go to class early!" She made good on that too; Pamela was gone within seconds, running out of the room.
She slowed to a walk as soon as she was out of the room.

Pamela sighed. She was so tired already...And it was only halfway through the day.

Her personal mission sure made things hard now. But Pamela perked up. Well, it'd get better after she was finished.
.............That was a cool damn lizard though. Pamela slightly regretted not sticking around to compliment it.

Isolde Barley
Isolde met eyes with Nera, although she only flinched slightly when the contact was made. Nera could read her thoughts now. Isolde couldn't stop her mind from straying a bit.
They're like two pools....This is way better than speaking...I finally understand why people say that silence speaks volumes...

And then it was over. Nera broke the contact, and said a couple things. But Isolde wasn't entirely paying attention.

Isolde...Didn't really feel nervous anymore. Something about those blood red pools....

...It spread a warm feeling in her chest. Even though those orbs could soil the sanctity of her mind, and that meant Isolde should by all means fear them...

They seemed so calm and empty, like a dark pool. Isolde just didn't fear mindreading.

Not as much as she should, anyway. As long as she avoided eye contact it'd be fine! Right? Probably not, but Isolde could ignore that.

...What even is this? It's too hot in here for a sweater...Wasn't it cold a minute ago?

@Cryronn the Mudkip

Nera Vasquez

“…well… if it’s not something you mind… just… let me know if you ever want to say something to me in private… and… meet my eyes… I have a short refractory period that I can still read your mind after our eyes part, so if the eye contact gets your nerves going… we can keep holding our one-way conversation for a bit longer.”

In all honesty, Nera was working on projecting her own thoughts to allow for a more direct form of telepathy through the use of her ability… but that still needed more work.

“You all right..? You look… uncomfortable…”

Poor girl looked like she was about to get heatstroke… mmmm… she felt like her appetite was… coming back. Probably just because this was a pleasant conversation… she took a larger bite of her meal, her bitter expression having softened down since the beginning of the interaction, rolling her fingers up and down the surface of the lunch table.

“…if you need to… uhm… “whisper”, as it were… just… tug on my sleeve or something…”

Man. She hadn’t tried to make a friend in ages-

@Blotch'd

Tsugikuni Ginhoshi

“…you good-?”

Tsugikuni suddenly showed up behind Orion, on the way to put his tray back. The boy seemed to be starry eyed staring into space after talking to… an upperclassman, yeah? At least she appeared to have been an older girl.

“You look like you’re staring at a star twelve miles away… and that’s me saying that, i stare at the crescent moon for hours trying to perfect my form… so… are you actually all right?”

Though he didn’t 100% know it to be the case, he was pretty well aware that Orion was starstruck by the girl. Nothing to be ashamed of, he’d just… mmm, it was an odd thing to think…

“…well, I’m gonna put away my tray.”

@RhythmThief

Riley Deimi

“Oh, hello Mely-Sis! Sister of Melanie! We’re all right, this guy just kinda came in like a big ol’ scary lightning bolt!”

She said to Fuyuko, looking aside to Melanie as the two sat together.

“…anyways, whassup dude?”

@Cmeriwether @D34N.U5R @MarcelGalliard790

Hilda Edmire and Stefan Xnempi

“Maya huh?”

Hilda, her head of long pink hair pressing against one of the cafeteria seats, laid down along the entirety of one of the benches, picking some food out of her teeth. It was quite the unflattering angle for most, but Hilda, being the showstopper she was, somehow pulled it off. She sat up, and yawned, stretching up one arm.

“Yeah, we’re in the same, like, homeroom~ she’s kinda weird, but she’s pleasant enough to talk to. Of course, if we were to battle, I would win- I’ve won two consecutive sports festival victories in my grade level, Hmhmhm~!”

She flattered herself- as she was currently lacking her entourage of fans having not developed said group yet with this new school year… she’d need to start using her classic Charm to get her hardworking drones- I mean- pals!

Stefan exhaled as she said this, shaking his head.

“…I see that even as a third year, you haven’t changed at all, Edmire.”

His fingers were a deep violet purple as he rested them on the table, his snakelike eyes gazing at the pink haired girl who took up an entire bench on her own.

“…you could at least try to show a sense of decorum. Or. Effort, you know?”

Hilda scoffed at such an idea, kicking him on the hip, much to his irritated chagrin.

“Listen~ I like playing smarter, not harder~ and it’s not like I can’t do work, I just don’t like to! Gosh, you’re just mean! Listen, if they want to work for me, they should by all rights do what they want!”

“…” Stefan placed his face in one of his hands… “…nnn… this is going to be another long year…”

“Yeah, cuz you’ll be judging my ears of, Stefan Nempy!”

“…Xnempa.”

@Cmeriwether