• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Karma High: High School Superpower Romance Roleplay (Main Thread)

Kim's attention shifted from Orion who seemed to be about to speak on his defense, or perhaps offer an apology, but that all had taken a backseat as another girl walked into the scene and decided to interject. At first, she seemed to speak up in defense of Orion and seemed to cause relief to him, but within the same passage her rather eloquent delivery seemed to also make mention of his shortcomings and seemed to place blame of this on his shoulders.

This raised an eyebrow, she seemed to both try to defend him and also take shots at him even if unintentional.

"You do not need to speak for him, I am sure he is capable of speaking for himself. I do not wish to make this a...thing." Kim said to Gwen, as she wondered if perhaps she had overreacted to the situation? Given it seemed to draw in another classmate so perhaps she had given this aura that caused it to...n-no! She had a pencil dropped on her head by the careless misuse of one of her peer's powers! Kim had every right to resent it a bit an apology as she needed to avoid a backpaddle!

Either way Orion himself seemed to add in after the fact, as he tried to accept responsibility as her comment on his lack of control touched a nerve. Kim had not intended that comment to spark with him, but he seem determined to make the point of his lack of control as Kim seemed to raise her hand against that. "Please you do not need to provide a dem..."

Too late. A few items came from the sky and clattered along Orion's head as she was left a bit perplexed and her expression seemed to show this momentary bewilderment. W-who was this guy!? Either way Orion seemed to reflect on her being a model example to follow which caused her confusion to break as the bit of flattery seemed to catch her off guard.

"W-well thank you. We of the Takahashi family do try to keep a degree of respectability." Kim said clearing her throat a bit as Orion then introduced himself before he asked to sit next to Kim which had again caught off off guard. In truth she seemed to struggle with the idea that someone who seemed to struggle to control his manners or power so much was her seat partner, but quickly she knew she needed to take this in stride. There was an open seat beside her and she had not been about to set an example to deny one the chance to learn from her a bit as she seemed to get composed and nodded along.

"Very well, the seat is open and it would be rude to deny such a request. Takahashi. Kimiko Takahashi, though you are free to refer to me as Kim." Kim said as she seemed to introduce herself to Orion before she turned to the other girl.

"And I suppose, for the sake of formality, if I could get your name?" Kim asked Gwen given the three had been in conversation.

@RhythmThief @Gold The Dragonite

Pamela Oswald
She nodded, wishing she could've written this down. Pamela clapped her hands with glee and said,
"No, no, I think it's best to forget the studying thing! My Gram just likes to study Powers, is all. Don't worry about it, I wasn't thinking! Hehe...."
She rubbed the back of her neck a bit bashfully. She needed to watch herself more carefully. If that was even possible.

Pamela would probably be screaming into her pillow later. She always found SOME way to alienate others.

"SoOoOoOoOo.....Eddy! I'm gonna sit here. Seems like a good spot," she said, tapping the desk besides him.

"You seem fun! Hope you don't mind me talking your ear off, yeah?"

Though Pamela had not heard of the other powers that might be in this room, the Clone power seemed, to her, to be one of the most versatile.

Yes, indeed. This year would be interesting. But not just for these two. The entire room would soon enough know Pamela's name. Edric, you could say, was her first target.

A web of friends. How fitting.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
"Are you okay? Hope I didn't hurt that cute face of yours."

Jasper said, flirting with the girl, but only because he thought it'd be funny. He held out his arm to her, so that he could help her stand up.

"Kidding! Anyway, you should probably get off the floor now, right? Here, I could help you with your books if you want."

Jasper waited for a few moments, hoping that she'd take his hand so that she could get off the floor before someone else saw. I mean, It was pretty funny thinking about people seeing her on the ground, but because of proper manners, it was much more rewarding to help her.

( @Blotch'd )

Fuyuko Redtail/Asuna Ryugetsu

Fuyuko took her seat next to Samael, Marcel's Friend after the whole yelling exchange. She hoped that she would be able to figure out who has that crush on her sister. During her look around the room, she saw no one she knew outside of Samael. Although the Room fogged up Momentarily by another girl's power. When it reduced, Fuyuko prepared notes for class.

Asuna had finished her preparations, and started thinking about Orion. She started writing stuff.

Melanie Redtail

As Melanie took her seat after Marcel helped with the door, she couldn't help but hope that the door didn't fall off again. Thankfully, the next person to enter the class came in through the window. That was not something that happened everyday. Neither was her confidence rivaling when The Lover possessed her.

"What is going on?" Melanie asked aloud, "Hinges melted off doors that fell off, then someone walked through a window, get possessed by Historical Figures and this is still wild."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a girl who looked spooked and a boy she didn't recognize, but wore a hoodie over his uniform. They seemed to be okay for now as she looked back to Marcel.

"Have you seen Fuyuko?" Melanie asked Marcel, "I didn't see her at all."

@MarcelGalliard790 (Marcel)
@DevVoid @Blotch'd @| Korutesu |

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen

What the hell was Gwen doing at Karma High? Obviously, she should be applying to law school with that performance. Even Orion immediately played along, improvising with his portals! Looks like acting a moron was just second nature to him. Finishing his act, he suggested for her to sit beside him on the front row. "Aww, but I like my window seat, how else am I gonna silently judge people walking past?"

Though Gwen's attachment had been feigned, as she promptly got up and sat to the left of Orion's new seat. Kim asked for her name, so she rocked back on her chair to look past the now jovial student. What's with her not introducing herself after doing something such thoughtless things?

"Why, I'm divine intervention in human form, indubitably. Although, Gwen is just as copacetic. An honor to be graced by your presence, Kimiko."

"Alright, enough of that," Gwen sighed, betraying the previously pretentious tone she had moments prior. "Just wanted to help out Onion 'cause it looked like he was about to burst into tears when I showed up." A slip of the tongue of his name had caused an epiphany within her mind - how'd she not see the nickname sooner, it was sitting right there!

Gwen's chair went back to all fours as she turned to her accomplice. "Don't worry, Onion. With us here, maybe one day you'll actually learn to control those weird vortex thingies!" Her smile returned with a more condescending manner lying beneath.

@Godjacob @RhythmThief

Isolde Barley
Isolde flinched as the boy made a comment about her face.
She looked up at him, her eyes watery. She looked physically stricken, as if Jasper had physically slapped her.
Isolde met Jasper's eyes, and said quietly, "Y-You don't really mean that..."
She scrambled on the floor for her books, not saying any more to him until she had gathered them all and stood without grabbing his hand for support.
Looking up at the taller student, she quivered slightly and sighed.

"...Y-You probably want my lunch m-money now...."
@| Korutesu |

Edric

“Honestly Pam, you may be loud, but I’ve had my ears talked off before. Try listening to four younger siblings at the same time and you’ll understand.”

She may have been loud, brash, and her mere presence may have made him more erratic, but his siblings were next level annoying. Imagine having to deal with four different voices all demanding different things, while doing the chores and feeding a mouse to a python. It was a nightmare and a wild ride at the same time. Shame that until family day, he won’t have to deal with all of them. It was a bit weird to miss that.

Also if you’re using nicknames, I am too. Anyways, what’s your family like? Mine is a bit of a mess, in a good way.” The caffiene may have been the thing driving him to talk so much, but he wasn’t gonna let that stop him.

@Blotch'd (Pamela Oswald)

Meanwhile, the other clone felt like he was being ignored, so he just decided to politely leave the classroom for a bit.

“I’ll just get some fresh air.” He mumbled under his breath.

The hallways gave him the chance to use his other power Pocket Dimension, which he was saving as a surprise ace for any opponents.

“Welp, here goes nothing.”

He reached behind himself, and pulled with all his might. He then pulled out a medium sized red accordion, which he held in the playing position.

“Been a long time since I’ve played one of these. Can’t go back now.”

The last time he tried playing one of those was in 5th Grade, during the talent show. He had played a song he heard from a game, and it was a decent performance. As he stretched it out, he tried to remember how to play the darned thing.

As soon as he started, the caffeine in his system kicked in, and melodious noises filled the hall as he played that accordion with the proficiency of somebody with a decent idea on how to play an accordion. In other words, surprisingly good for someone like him.

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
“I saw Fuyuko. She just doesn’t have the same home room with us. But she is with Samael, and I believe Samael will be fine to keep her company. He will um….act if anything happens.” Marcel spoke as a bit of blush filled his face. “Y’know? I just….want to make sure she’s safe. Like you want her to be.” Marcel spoke with a soft smile as he talked to her.

Samael nodded at Fuyuko before steam began to fill the room. Samael didn’t mind it as was used to being around hot environments and seeing a lot of steam. He was used to it before he looked to Fuyuko. “You sure you’re alright?” Samael looked at her before looking back to the front of the room. “Marcel seems to have a lot of faith in me.” Samael spoke under his breath as he looked at Fuyuko quickly before looking back.
(@Cmeriwether )

"Kim," the relieved teenager repeated. "That's a neat name. More ordinary than I expected, but I guess not everyone's lucky enough to be named after a group of stars, eh?" he concluded jokingly.

In truth, Orion had marveled somewhat upon hearing Kim talk more at length. He honestly thought she'd deny the request- but on the flip-side, perhaps she was prudent enough to see an opportunity in setting a good example.

Orion had only known 3 people in 1-A at this point (himself included), but mentally decided that if they had to pick a class rep amongst themselves at any point, Kim would be getting his vote for sure.

But perhaps more humorously, he struggled to hold back some laughter. Gwen's impression of Kim was spot-on, even though at that point Gwen had barely heard her speak, if at all. Just who was this bubble-riding, thesaurus-eating bundle of sarcasm?

Watching the girl in question walk over to the seat next to him, Orion was quite relieved. Not only had that whole scenario been resolved quite tidily, but he was also able to solidify a friendship with Gwen, and even start a new one with Kimiko! It seemed to the boy that assault really was the best way to form relationships.

He cracked up at Gwen finally dropping her scholarly facade, and laughed heartily at the introduction of his new nickname- Onion. She was turning out to be a lot of fun.

"Yeah, yeah!" replied Orion, smiling brightly. "After all, once I get this stuff down I can give you rides to the nearest car wash, right? No doubt they have need of your special talents."

He laughed again. Onion. That's gold. In truth, this was perhaps the happiest he'd been since arriving, and he hoped it only went up from here.

At that point, he could hear the gentle hum of an accordion flowing through the hallway. Strange choice of soundtrack, he had to admit, but at least it wasn't country (he's only thinking this to trick you, the reader. Country is actually his guilty pleasure).

~ Faculty Room, Karma High ~

"...and that's our current status on the investigation."

A tidy, slick-haired, and smartly dressed man sat upright on the other end of a long cream conference table, taking a reserved sip of his brew. Along the table were five others, whose eyes glanced at each other briefly, the atmosphere hanging with words unsaid. It wasn't long before the winged figure sat at the opposite end of the table cleared her throat.

There was a curious-looking, glittering puppet sat before her on the table resembling a blue dragon, its huge googly eyes betraying the tense overtone of the meeting.

"I see." spoke Principal White. "And do we have any idea of who might be going around, kidnapping advocates of Power Regulation & Moderation?"

There was a pause.

"We do have a few suspects in mind, Principal." the suited man replied matter-of-factly. "But we've never seen anything of this scale before. Repeated disappearances, and the leaving behind of that mark, the spade. It's like they want us to investigate. To speculate. To... to fear."

Another silence, before the Principal gave her verdict.

"Very well, Detective Damon. Thank you for reporting back to us. Of course, our facilities and staff are open to the force in whatever capacity you may need."

"Thank you, Principal. I'll be taking my leave now- things are busy, as you can imagine." Damon spoke, rising up from his seat.

"One last thing- it's unlikely, due to how well guarded the Echelon Institutes like Karma are, but I do implore you to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity on the grounds here. Whether they know it or not, these students are at the heart of all of this, so we'd best keep them safe."

"Of course, Detective. Student safety in a world like ours is our number one priority, as you can imagine."

With a curt nod in assent, Damon left the room quietly, leaving the Principal and the four others to discuss. Curiously, the puppet was the first to speak.

"Jus' like I told you, Donna." spoke the dragon. "They're out to change things back to how they were before all this- when power was the only thing that mattered."

"Nonsense!" spoke another at the table, a round, bald, middle-aged man with a bushy, yet well-kept beard under his round spectacles. "A society where only the strong survive? Where the weak and feeble are left to perish? I tell you, it's an absolute pile of-"

"Relax, Victor." replied one other, a brown-haired lady with kind hazel eyes. "I agree with you, though we both know blowing a casket here is exactly what they want."

"Elena's exactly right." another woman spoke, this one slightly younger, perhaps somewhere in her late 20's, with bright, flowing blonde hair and deep blue eyes. There was a particular daydreamy, head-in-the-clouds quality about her, yet the rest of the table paid attention to her words with the upmost respect and seriousness.

"Powers, like everything, have to either evolve or die out~" she pondered. "...Perhaps someone out there wants to force that evolution into action." Her tone becoming eerily grave and threatening toward the latter half of her sentence.

There was one more, another young-looking man with dark brown hair and sharp eyes of the same colour, who was muttering to himself. The others didn't seem very concerned- if anything, it seemed it was an unconcerning idiosyncrasy of the man.

Principal White, who had at some point walked toward the massive window that overlooked almost all of campus, now spoke up, still gazing out into the busy campus.

"Regardless of who's doing this, and what their reasoning is, our priority remains the same- the wellbeing of our students. As one of the Echelon Institutes, Karma is more than just a school. It is an idea. A promise. A beacon of hope for all who seek to enjoy lives of peace and harmony in a world that can seem built to dispense the opposite. Everything else is secondary."

The room remained silent for a few beats, taking in the weight of the Principal's words. Then, somebody's watch began to beep.

"...Go time." the young man, Liam, spoke quietly, causing the others to rise to their feet in tandem.

They all approached the door out, looking at Principal White for one last address. Knowingly, she now turned to face them, smiling gently.

"Well, this is their first day. Show 'em how we do things around here, will you?"

And with that, the four homeroom teachers left the Faculty Room, eager to meet the future heroes, scholars, politicians- and perhaps saviours, of tomorrow.

Let's be honest, Dean's been in worse situations than having to shout to your best friend in the other class. But then again, he's not really used to it so he felt kind of embarrassed inside. 'Putting me and Braedyn in rooms right next to each other?' he thought, 'Not as big a mistake as putting us in the same class.' Then he started doing maths in his head even though he didn't need to, but believe me he made a lot of calculations (exactly 13) in a second. Then he started saying stuff that was on his mind. "You know how people always tell you to chase your dreams?" he said, "Why are your dreams running away from you?" Even if he sounded stupid, he was technically right. "What the fuck did you do to your dreams?!" he said loudly. In fact, he actually said the whole thing loudly, but only the people in Class 1-C heard it clearly. He didn't even notice the... not to be rude, but giant of a student walking in, and when he did... he thought it was perfectly normal. In this school, anyway.

Meanwhile, Braedyn was about to scream something incredibly inappropriate when someone climbed in through the window. "Finally, someone jumps through a window!" he shouted. And then someone else walked in. He waited for the worst time to introduce himself. "Hi, I'm Braedyn," he said somewhat loudly, "Y'know, the dumb piece of shit that shouted 'What's up bitches'?" Braedyn had the dumbest grin on his face.

Maria

If Maria was honest with herself, sitting there and doing nothing was boring. She had been doing it for almost 10 minutes now, and nothing was really going anywhere for her.

At the front of the classroom, three people were talking. A dark-skinned boy, a blue-haired girl, and third person were in a nice conversation that she could only witness.

Aside from in the canteen with Edric, she hadn’t interacted with anyone else, and to be honest that’s how she always did it.

Alone.

Who said that was going to be the case? This a new year, new school, new superpowered life. And I can’t just sit here and try to be invisible like Chamalien like the last fourteen years of my life!

Maria’s mind argued and toiled with itself, whether she wanted to stay unnoticed or try and make a new friend. It wasn’t an enviable position to be in, and during times like this, she would just hug Chanel, but her feline friend was nowhere to be seen.

Of course Chanel wouldn’t have been here you dummy, he’s at home. I need to figure out something, anything!

As she jangled the small parol keychain that was on her backpack, she heard over all the conversations, the faint but slowly loudening sound of an accordion playing.

“Uh, do you guys hear that?” She said, trying her hardest to be audible. She couldn’t tell if they could hear her or not, but it was worth a try.

@RhythmThief (Orion)

@Gold The Dragonite (Gwen)

@Godjacob (Kim)

Last edited:
Needless to say this is not how Kim expected the first day of classes to go, but perhaps that had been on her much as anything. Really if the bit of frantic chaos among the students at orientation had been anything to go by she should've anticipated a bit of the unorthodox when it had come to her peers. But neverminded, she had been determined to make the best of this. She was a Takahashi, and the Takahashi always perceiver as her grandfather had beaten into her head!

"The pleasure is all mine miss Gwen..." Kim said, choosing not to acknowledge the "divine intervention" comment, or the attempt to "tease" her prim and proper tone that she frowned at. Oh come up she had not been that uptight...r-right? Anyway Gwen seemed to mostly be here to back up Orion which seemed to plug natural curiosity on the part of Kim. "Does that mean you two are friends?" Kim asked as she figured Gwen seemed familiar with Orion if she had felt compelled to give a hand.

Kim then glanced over to Orion who seemed to make a joke at his unique name of sorts which she internally rolled her eyes at along with his amusement at the impression as she kept composure and nodded along.

"The flattery is appreciated but unnecessary. I merely hope we get along without issue." Kim said as it seemed Orion moved to the seat next to her and Gwen seemed to lament about this as she seemed to want to "judge" people, seemed Gwen had been into the jokes and banter as she'd have to learn to handle that.

As Kim prepared to adjust her seat, a fourth voice in the room had spoken up, she turned back to a girl who seemed to fiddle with a keychain as she seemed to ask the group if they had heard anything. Heard something? Kim blinked as honestly her focus had been on Orion's antics and this conversation with him and Gwen, but she seemed to try to listen before she figured she'd give an answer.

"Hear what?" Kim asked, as she wondered if this girl had heard things or if she had allowed her perception to slip a bit due to these antics.

@Gold The Dragonite @RhythmThief @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Edric who has an accordion and is in the hallway

“No teachers yet, that’s good. Lemme just make it a bit louder.”

The energy in his system was pumping, leftovers from Pamela of course, and he was heading into the final part of the song. It couldn’t hurt to finished what he started right?

His arms moved from side to side as he slowly raised the volume, the harmonious melody filling the halls. Edric didn’t want to make it too loud, but he at least wanted to be seen for his slight mastery in the odd instrument.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about!” He excitedly said in a normal tone as he slowly stepped from side to side, really bringing himself into the music.

Maria

Oh, they heard me.

She wasn’t a bat, a fennec fox, or any other animal with better hearing. So why was she the only one who could hear the accordion?

Maria felt like she was in front of an angry jury and about to be examined, but she just needed to explain herself.

“You guys don’t hear the sound of an accordion?” She mumbled out, unsure if she really heard it.

As she said this, the door slowly creaked a bit open, leaving a small gap.

Unfortunately, that was all it took for the accordion’s noises to pierce the silent air of the classroom.

There was no way they couldn’t hear that.

@RhythmThief (Orion)

@Godjacob (Kim)

Last edited:
The boy followed Kim's gaze over to their classmate, a pretty girl with black hair and purple highlights- just like him! Well, the hair part, anyway.

"Nice hair!" he exclaimed absent-mindedly. "I do feel like I've seen that style somewhere before though... hmm, what a mystery."

Grinning, he turned toward the door, now ever so slightly ajar, providing just enough room for the accordion's dulcet tones to come pouring through in full force.

The soft, vagabond-like melody- it transported him into a familiar fantasy world, where the grass swayed softly in the wind, bees buzzing from flower to flower searching for their next target, and birds chirping a sweet symphony of love atop their twiggy perches. Was this the power of music?!

"No way...!" Orion whispered, awe-struck, still half-dazed at the fact that he was hearing this song in real life right now. "I-I'll go see what's up!"

With that, he briefly visualized the hallway before snapping open a portal, but his excitement caused the dimensions to be fumbled slightly- it came out as a small circle-shaped vortex right above his desk that was barely big enough to fit his head through.

Under normal circumstances he would've been embarrassed, and at the back of his mind he knew Gwen and Kim would definitely have something to say about this later, but right now his attention was elsewhere.

Grabbing the opposite ends of the portal now, he pushed his head through, as if peeking back through the exit of a kiddie slide at a playground, his head sprouting out of the right wall running across the hallway.

Instantly, the sweet harmony of the accordion burst to life. There was no doubt about what he was hearing now. He peeked left and right, before finally settling on the image of the musician- a relatively normal looking boy with tan skin and messy white hair, playing the accordion with a decent amount of skill, definitely not his first time on it.

"Hey!" greeted the portal shifter. "This may look weird, but I'm not just a talking head, promise. I have arms and- ah, forget all that for now. I know that song- Kass' Theme from Breath of the Wild, right? My little brother loves that game! What did you think about-"

His rambling was stopped suddenly when his eyes alerted him to the sheer emptiness of the corridor they were in. His heart sank as he glanced upwards at a clock mounted above them on the other side of the hallway.

08:28.

"...shoot!" Orion whispered loudly. "Listen bro, we don't have much time! They'll be here any second! Get to class, and hopefully we can talk later?"

With that hurried farewell, he pulled himself back out of the portal, slamming against the seat a tad too hard. He turned around to address his peers, his hair a bit frazzled from the whole endeavor.

"Heads up guys- teachers are on their way!"

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Edric, Maria too I suppose?)

Last edited:
Fuyuko Redtail

As Fuyuko looked to speak with Samael, Steam filled the Room a bit. Fuyuko kept herself calm, as she made sure final preparations were made.

"I'm fine, Samael," Fuyuko responded, "My power is something. But still, I wonder what will our class lives be like?"

Fuyuko looked around then heard something strange, an Accordian, but she wasn't entirely sure if it was.

Omar Shieldson

Omar said his goodbye for the day to Petra when he dropped her off at her homeroom. On his way to his own not far away, he was thinking about Petra when he heard Accordian Music. An Accordian? What is going on? He then saw Edric playing the Accordian. Where did his roommate get an Accordian? He then walked into the door. That actually hurt, since Wall was not active. Analytics didn't even pick up that door. Omar shook it off to see Edric sitting next to Pamela? He took the other seat near those two, since they were the only ones he knew.

"Edric, Pamela? You two are in this homeroom as well?"

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Blotch'd

@Banan-chan (Petra is Dropped off)

Reggie Ironfist/Samira Abdul

As the heads of Siren and Pegasus House walked down the Halls with Reggie's Girlfriend, the three heard accordian Music.

"Accordian Music?" Samira asked aloud.

"This is something new." Reggie's Girlfriend responded.

Reggie was dancing to the music as he walked.

"Samira, head to your homeroom, I'll figure out what's going on."

Samira headed off as Reggie Ironfist told his girlfriend to go with Samira. He then approached the person. He then noticed the House Siren Symbol.

"Hello, My name is Reggie Ironfist, and that's some interesting music you and your Accordian was making. You must be a New member Of House Siren from what your Blazer is telling me." Reggie responded, "Is your homeroom near here, if not, I'd better hurry."

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (The Edric playing the Accordian).

Pamela Oswald
Pamela blanched. She was not expecting the sudden question about her family. She started to say one thing.
"Mom and Father..."
Then her expression, which had been somewhat pained, twisted into a smirk.
"My Grams? She's awesome! Big on Power Science. Not a huge authority on it, but she's somewhat famous among nerds."
"And my Sibbies? They're weird but they're nice, I guess!"
She smiled, and then said,
"But who cares? You can see what they're like on visiting day."

Then she saw something that made her gasp.
"OOOOMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!"
"OhmygodOmarIhaven'tseenyouinforever!" Pamela said at a lightning fast pace, jumping up from her desk and chattering Omar's ear off.
"You know Eddy!? That's so cool! You're in my class! Wow! This year'll be so fun!"
She beamed.
"At least I know someone here! Eddy! Buddy, this is Omar. He's my bodyguard! Just in case he didn't tell you that."
Pamela tapped the desk Omar was seated in. Then she sat on it, kicking her legs in a happy way.

@Cmeriwether and @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Kim seemed to focus and listen as the girl mentioned of the accordion noise she heard, and sure enough when the banter and distractions died down indeed she soon began to hear the noise as her eyes widened if only lightly. "I-I hear it!" She said to the girl and she seemed to not be alone in that as Orion decided to investigate.

He produced a portal and peaked through it, and while she had not been able to see the source the noise seemed louder as Kim had to admit this power seemed impressive. If he ever gained full control over it, he would be a monster as this kind of distortion of space certainly had more potential than her own abilities. But Kim merely viewed that as a means of having to better herself all the more to compensate but that had been beside the point, as Orion seemed to inform them class was soon to begin and indeed as she glanced at the clock it was but a couple minutes away.

"Then I suppose we should get set." Kim said to the group, taking her seat as she already had her supplies neatly organized as she sat ready and waiting, who said there had been not benefits to preparation~

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Maria), @RhythmThief (Orion)

Edric

“Woah there!” Edric stepped back as a talking head popped out of a random portal, almost making him fumble the accordion and mess up the song.

It would have affected him more if he hadn’t been jumpscared by Pamela earlier. Apparently he had a body attached to that head, but he was unsure on that front.

This mysterious person clarified guessed the song right, something he might need to ask him later. And then another person walked in, introducing themselves as Reggie Ironfist.

“Oh, homeroom might start soon, just about to finish. Thanks for listening, and hopefully I’ll see you later.”

8:28, he’s gotta wrap this up! As he quickly ended the song with a flourish, he quickly backed away from the head as it left, and entered his classroom.

Different Edric

“Oh yeah, siblings can be funky, that’s how it is.” Her mom and dad seemed to be a sore subject for her, so he wouldn’t ask for answers. Suddenly, the door swung open to reveal a familiar face, who recognized both of them immediately.

“Oh hey man, long time no see! You know Pamela too?” Edric noticed Omar, who he last saw during yesterday’s rush to the canteen, and he seemed familiar with Pamela.

He knew this because Pamela shrieked at the loudest volume known to man, enough where he had to cover his ears using his hands.

“Pam, you promised to talk my ears off, not shatter them.” He was still jittery from the caffeine, so that made him exaggerate most of his movements.

She talked all about Omar for a bit, which reminded Edric of something he forgot yesterday.

“Aw nuts, I knew I left that riot shield at the cafeteria. I felt like I was bodyguarding him yesterday, if he wants to explain. Well anyways, how’s—“

The door swung open again, and the other Edric entered, holding an red accordion and looking like he just played ten songs at 1.25X speed.

“Dude, class is about to start you might wanna— Oh hey Omar long time no see. Anyways hold this.” The other Edric stated as he passed off the accordion to him.

@Cmeriwether (Omar) and @Blotch'd (Pamela)

Maria

“Oh, thank you. I got it from a magazine and thought it was nice.” Maria was never good with compliments, and she never received enough for it to matter. She might have blushed too, she couldn’t tell.

The dark skinned boy speaking then produced a portal and peeked through it, and while Maria had not been able to see the source, the noise got louder.

He then popped back out, slamming against the chair a bit too hard, causing her to flinch.

“You okay? Did you see what’s on the other side? Who was on the accordion anyway?” She squeaked out.

It couldn’t hurt to get answers, and she tried to phrase it as politely as possible. He told them that class was about to start, so it was a good thing she already prepared.

@RhythmThief (Orion)

@Godjacob (Kim)

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen was relieved to see Orion in a good mood again, laughing off his rebuttal at the mention of her 'special talent' — ironic for how much ribbing she was doing before. Though she couldn't help but notice Kim's slight frown, sparking a tinge of regret. However, her attention shifted quickly to Kim's question, taking a moment to comtemplate.

"Friends? Yeah, I guess so. We crossed paths at orientation once," Her tone sounded a tad dubious. Before this, the two had only really exchanged names over Carter doing Carter things, some steam and a bad pun. Although now, it felt more certain that she could label Orion a friend. "Yeah, we are!" She now nodded more confidently, answering Kim's question.

Somebody from the back of the room spoke up, more like whispered, about some noise down the hallway. As the room quieted down, Gwen tried to listen out for it, becoming audible after a short second. "I hear it. Sounds like someone's playing music in the halls," She mused aloud to no-one in particular. She couldn't recgonize where it was from, even with the door ajar, but the girl appeared to pinpoint it — somebody was playing the accordion down the hall.

Orion went to investigate via portal, the music growing louder. Despite her teasing earlier, she couldn't help but marvel as he snapped and made a portal with ease, even if it could only fit his head. It left Gwen pondering about Kim and the other girl's power. Everyone she's met so far had such impressive powers...

Soon, Orion returned, his body hitting the chair with a thud. "Don't hurt yourself now," She further inquired, "So, how were the front row seats? Who's the mystery accordion player?" The music seemed to diminish since his arrival, just as quickly as it started. He warned everyone of class starting soon, serving as a reminder of too much banter and too little preparation on Gwen's part. She reached for her backpack, digging supplies out.

"We never got your name, by the by. I'm Gwen," She took out everything she would need for the upcoming class, before turning towards the girl and introducing herself first for a change.

@Godjacob @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @RhythmThief

Maria

Was this really happening? Maria has legitimately made an attempt at speaking, and it worked. She wasn’t prepared for this, just the same as meeting Edric, but she needed not to mess this up.”

“Um, hey. I’m Maria, nice to meet you Gwen.”

The accordion’s noises was a bit frantic and weird, but they reminded her that this school is weird and strange. She couldn’t trust her preconceived notions on friendship.

She was gonna do this one step at a time.

@RhythmThief (Orion)

@Godjacob (Kim)

Omar Shieldson

As Omar was about to say something, Pamela sat on his Desk. As he heard Edric say something, he looked at both of them. Then a second Edric walked up and handed the one seated an Accordian.

"It's been a while, I went off to go check on the cute girl that set the table on fire last night, and walked her to class. That's why I only got here just now. About Edric's point, Edric, a boy named Jasper, and I were trying to get to the cafeteria yesterday for dinner, and we needed a way through, all of a sudden, Edric pulled out a Book, I think I got hit with the book, and then a Riot shield from literally nowhere, I just took whatever elbows Analytics didn't pick up with Wall."

Omar blushed, thinking about Petra, and those beautiful eyes of hers. Then Pamela sat on his Desk, kicking her legs happily. He was quite startled when Pamela sat on his Desk, as girls never did that in his younger days in school.

"H-hi! Pamela, how's your day going?" Omar asked, "You kinda spooked me there."

@Blotch'd (Pamela) @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Edrics)

Edric

Edric quickly placed the accordion next to his seat and stood up, staring at his double. He didn’t even know the other him left, and he was sure his clone got up to, whatever while he wasn’t watching.

“Fuse back you moron, before something else happens. Where did you even go?” He asked, legitimately hoping he didn’t commit arson or some other crime.

“I was just practicing my accordion skills, jeez. Don’t go all commander now, you love shenanigans.”

“At the right time, and just like you said we got less than a minute to fuse back before the teachers question how many Edrics they enrolled.” He retorted in a tone as cold as the industrial freezer in his house. He needed this under control now.

“Alrighty then, no need to fuss.”

The Edrics quickly fused back into one, and he sat down, listening to the two friends chatting. Pamela and Omar’s relationship was very interesting indeed, and he would like to know more about both.

However, he did hope to see both Maria and Josh again someday, but he needed to focus on the plan.

@Cmeriwether (Omar) and @Blotch'd (Pamela)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Jaime, 1-B
Jaime was late. Well, not necessarily late, but later than the ‘in class early enough to find a seat in a back corner’ time he wanted to arrive. At least class hadn’t started yet; the awkwardness of entering a classroom of fellow teens in the midst of introductions was something Jaime would cut off his left arm to avoid.

You’d only do that because I could replace it, Mau sniped in his head. Don’t get any ideas.

I’d still do it if my only power was pissing glitter,
Jaime thought back sourly. You underestimate my desired avoidance of all humankind. It was too early for this. Maybe if he ate something after class he’d feel better.

After skirting some kid playing the accordion in the hall — He’s not bad, Mau noted, much to Jaime’s chagrin at having to pass such a character — the boy found his way to his homeroom class, 1-B. He glanced around for an empty seat, then chose one at random, wanting to spend as little time as possible standing like a whack-a-mole waiting to be smacked.

Ffion, 1-C
Ffion didn’t think too much of classes last night when she was exhausted, but now that they were close at hand, she found herself wishing she had. Would Pamela be in her class? Would Omar? Would she have to make— no, even if they were there, she would still have to make new acquaintances. Networking was important!

As Ffion approached her homeroom, two familiar voices rose from the ambient chatter through the walls. Rather than the two familiar voices she would have liked to hear, it was instead the Security Camera Prankster and the What’s Up Bitches Kid. She found herself praying that the shouting match was coming from next door.

Just as Ffion was about to enter 1-C, she paused. The door was smoking. Why was the door smoking? Some sort of white fog was trickling out from beneath the door, and Ffion cautiously reached for the handle. As the door swung open Ffion was met with a humid veil that seemed to cover the whole room, the steam rushing past her as the open door granted the fog an exit. The finned girl squinted against the steam and waved her hand in front of her face while she held the door open to let the fog expand and dissipate.

(Thanks Cmeri for the recap ^^”)

The vortex weaver took a deep breath before turning around his chair, exchanging wonder-filled glances with his classmates.

"It was the best- he was playing this song from a video game, a really good one I would watch my little brother play all the time. To answer your questions," he said looking to Gwen and Maria in particular, "Our musician was actually a pretty ordinary looking guy. Well, normal looking compared to Our Majesty anyway."

He flashed a cheeky, harmless smile over Kim's way, his jovial mood getting the better of him, inviting her to destroy him with a rebuttal of her own.

Though, now that he had properly looked at her outside of a near-death scenario, Orion had to admit she was a very elegant, attractive girl, reminiscent of Asuna's style of grace, if not in a taller and more regal flavor.

In truth, he wanted to solidify a bond with her as he had begun to with Gwen, and it seemed casual ribs and jests were the best way to do that. He turned away from her just as quickly, somewhat unable to bear the brief suspense of what her reaction might be, continuing his debrief.

"Dude had a nice tan and a messy head of white hair, could've easily mistaken him for a cosplayer or something."

Then, overhearing Maria's introduction, Orion had an idea. He addressed Maria specifically with this next sentence. squinting his eyes comically at her.

"Maria- I've only known you for what, 3 milliseconds? But my Onion-senses are tingling... hmm, yeah, the stars are telling me that he's just your type! Tell you what, let's all eat lunch together, and I can point him out for you!"

Ever the schemer, Orion in fact had no clue what Maria's type was. How could he? All he knew was that he'd have people to sit with in case Tsugi and Asuna had had more success socially than him! Plus, everyone knows bonding over grub is 65% more effective than standard conversation.

Either way, he'd need a few pillars of support if the Cafeteria were serving gyros today.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Maria)

Last edited:
Maria

It seemed like Orion and the girl that wasn’t Gwen were good friends, considering the banter and compliments they were throwing around.

I don’t get it, but I’m not going to intervene, because it’s none of my business yet.

The accordion player’s description seemed so familiar to her, like she knew exactly who that was. She pondered it over in her seat, in a state of deep thought.

Who had she met yesterday that had a nice tan and a messy head of white hair? But she barely met anyone yesterday outside of the canteen.

But the she had a sudden realization.

No way. Those traits are almost a dead ringer for…

Edric. I didn’t even know he could play an accordion, but it can’t possibly be him. It’d be too much of a coincidence that he would find me again. Did he know that I saw him inside his dorm last night?

Orion then comically stared at her, but it felt like he could see into her soul. But it wasn’t as bad as she thought, being a polite invitation for lunch, something she never experienced before.

She had always eaten lunch alone, and she really wanted to know more about Orion, Gwen, and their friends.

Plus, she was also going to take this opportunity to see if Edric really was the mystery musician with the masterful melody. Heh, that was some alliteration right there.

“Sure, I guess. It’ll be nice not eating lunch by myself.” She kindly and shyly replied, thankful that her attempt at socialization paid off. Her moms weren’t wrong for once.

But what Orion said about this musician being her type rubbed her the wrong way. She doubted that what he said was really true, but she didn’t know.

Is Edric, or whoever that accordion player was, really my type? I mean so far, Edric has been friendly, witty, willing to listen, and chatty, but… I don’t know. He would be a great friend, but is it that easy to make friends here?

@RhythmThief (Orion)
@Godjacob (Kim)

Last edited:
(Huuuuuge post)

"Alright!" Orion replied, thankful that Maria accepted his offer.

The classroom door creaked open slowly, causing the students with the classroom to silence their conversations, straightening up and peering at the door expectantly. Once the door had fully expanded to reveal the cause of this quietude, the teenagers as a collective were washed over with expressions of surprise, wonder, and skepticism.

“Morning, everyone~” spoke Professor Amelia Thornheart, a her long blonde blocks seemingly ebbing and flowing alongside her cheerful speech. She walked across the classroom breezily, one hand in her trouser pocket, the other holding a medium brown briefcase, before setting it down at the desk and looking into the faces of her party.

“I’m Professor Amelia Thornheart, but you can just refer to me as Ms. Thornheart! I’ll be your homeroom teacher for this year, and also your teacher for Heroic Foundations. I look forward to getting to know you all, and seeing how you develop over time! Speaking of time…”

Her already deep blue eyes now began to glow ethereally. Without warning, bright blue threads began to materialize in the classroom, warping, wefting, and weaving around the desks, chairs, and students alike. Of course, these enigmatic changes in scenery were visible only to her. Or so she thought.

“Woah, what the…!” balked Orion. “A-Are you guys seeing this?!”

He looked around to inspect his classmates’ expressions, but most were still fixed on Amelia herself rather than the strange happenings going on around the room.

Amelia raised a curious eyebrow, directing her gaze at him now. “Interesting…you’re saying you can see the threads?”

When he nodded worriedly, she replied with a soft smile. “Well, what do you know? The world gets smaller and smaller everyday.”

Refusing to elaborate, her eyes lost their luminescence now, and she closed them briefly before slowly opening them back up.

“Don’t worry about all that, guys- I was just making sure everyone here matches what we have on file. I’m sure you guys know how wacky things can get in a world like ours~”

The next class, however, were greeted to a rather… dramatic introduction to their homeroom teacher in comparison.

“Salutations, young minds! I am Dr. Sterling, your tutor for Powers & Principles, and overall mentor for this forthcoming academic year.” spoke the doctor, as eloquent as ever. “My grand quest is to sharpen your mental facilities, to challenge everything you think you know about this mad world of ours, to transform you into keen, critical minds as well as cutting-edge professionals!”

Perhaps more interestingly than Victor’s grandiose tone and gesticulation, as he spoke, images began to come to life throughout the room. Visages of a brain being enlarged, a planet being split in two and then put back together again, and finally the silhouette of a caped hero flexing both arms whilst hosting what appeared to be a galaxy brain!

As comedic as these images may appear, they were packed full of emotional power and potential- merely glancing at them filled the students with the strange desire to want to learn.

“Hello, my wonderful students!” greeted Elena with a remarkable amount of motherly compassion and pride for a group of teenagers she met for the first time today. “I'm Professor Montoya, and kindness and communication are my guiding lights.“

Smiling, she began to walk through the aisles of each column in the classroom, gazing upon the student’s faces with unrivaled curiosity and care.

“I believe that how you move through the world affects not just your journey but also those you encounter along the way, and it’s our responsibility to leave the world better than how we found it, for those embarking on their own journeys long after us, wouldn’t you say?”

“…”

Liam was sat at the Teacher’s Desk, mumbling to himself and clicking away at the desktop. Upon entering the classroom, he had only offered these rousing words of encouragement:

“Good morning. I’m Dr. Liam Stone. I’ll be your homeroom teacher for this year. If you have any questions about anything, please find me at an appropriate time and I’ll answer to the best of my ability.”

After each of their unique introductions, each Homeroom went over the plan for the day and performed basic admin such as ensuring each student had the necessary equipment, right uniform (though alterations were allowed), and also that each student had the right information, such as what House they belonged to, and where to find House Reps.

Most importantly, each student was given a sheet to register for a House Elective of their choosing. For now, they were limited to electives of their own House exclusively, but supposedly there would be opportunities to branch out later in the school year for "especially assiduous students", whatever that meant.

Orion, however, was barely able to focus, still rattled at the scene that had transpired prior. Just what were those strange wires floating all over the place? Why was he the only student able to see them? He marked his choice absent-mindedly and returned to his ponderings.

He had tried to catch Amelia’s eye in hopes to communicate this confusion without making the rest of the class think he was crazier than they already thought he was (if the surreptitious glances and whispers at him were anything to go by), but she avoided his gaze, seemingly intentionally, preferring to go about administrative affairs instead.

Classes from Heroic Foundations through to the Language of Powers went by in a flash- they were all held at a lecture-hall styled, grand space designed to accommodate the multitude of eager minds that filled its tiered seating.

Rows of individual desks, each affixed with a writing surface, stretched across the room in a grand amphitheater arrangement. He sat near his classmates towards the front, but was able to make out some others he knew out in the seats.

In terms of content, things started out pretty simple in order for everyone to get to grips with things- if anything, more time was spent on explaining the overall curriculum, structure, and organisation of each subject, detailing learning objectives, assessments, and the myriad ways to seek help and extra practice outside of class.

By the time it hit lunch, Orion had enjoyed each lesson taught so far, especially Heroic Foundations. He did miss the more intimate classrooms of middle school, though, even if the whole lecture style felt like a more focused and professional environment.

Beneath all this, at the back of his mind, that episode in homeroom was still bugging him somewhat, but he tried his best to dismiss it altogether. Ms. Thornheart didn't seem worried, so why should he be?

Now hearing the sounds of excited conversation alongside the clings and clangs of stationary being packed away, he turned his attention back to his classmates, heading down to the Cafeteria alongside them, open to whatever idle conversation they may have along the way.

@Godjacob (Kim)

Last edited:
Dean, aka Captain "What The Fuck Did You Do To Your Dreams?!"
Dean smiled as the teacher walked in. She seemed really nice. Nicer than his first girlfriend (who is still good friends with him today). As soon as he heard Professor Montoya's short yet moving speech, he started thinking about Melanie for the (quite literally) hundredth time since he met her. And then he fell asleep. As soon as he realised he'd fallen asleep, he woke up as thunder struck the back of his neck. Painful, but not so painful that he really noticed it past the sound. "Sorry," he said after he woke back up, "Just... thinking about a certain someone."

Braedyn, aka Dumbass
Braedyn's homeroom teacher wasn't giving a moving speech, but he still sounded encouraging. At that moment, Braedyn's hand shot straight up. "Do we get to watch Breaking Bad?" he said, "I'm just asking that because why not?" Braedyn chuckled. Then he stopped. "That was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done other than that thing with the hinges," he admitted.

@=Nightshade= @Cmeriwether @MarcelGalliard790 (and everyone else with characters in 1-C and 1-D)

Edric

As the door swung open, Edric gave the teacher a polite smile, hoping to get on the teacher’s good side. However, he realized that Dr. Sterling was absolutely not what the white-haired boy expected him to be.

Instead of a serious and intensely academic professor, he got a dramatic, fancy, and eloquent teacher, whose general demeanor made Edric immediately interested.

Well aside from the illusions, of course. He watched on in amazement as visages of a brain being enlarged, a planet being split in two and then put back together again, and finally the silhouette of a caped hero flexing both arms whilst hosting what appeared to be a galaxy brain appeared in front of the room. It was a marvelous and dazzling display of lights.

It definitely wasn’t a hallucination brought on by caffeine, so he could rule Pamela out. Besides, it seemed the desire to learn was beginning to dull down the caffeine Pamela released, sharpening his focus. He was really feeling ready for his first day.

——

Unlike most school days, he was actually very alert in classes. This was most likely due to the mixture of Dr. Sterling’s illusions and the slowly dwindling effects of Pamela’s caffeine.

I’ll be sure to thank her about that later, if I find her.

He and his fellow students had several classes in the lecture hall, his favorite being his homeroom teacher’s: Powers and Principles.

It was mostly because Dr. Sterling spoke in a eloquent tone, but he was also always wondering how his Pocket Dimension even worked, considering it supposedly existed in another spatial dimension.

He thought it functioned like the Backrooms but for lost items, but only time and lectures could tell.

——

Once all the periods ended, he split himself into two, one packing his things and the other stretching his body and taking the accordion.

“What are you doing with that? I thought we left the accordion in homeroom.” The Edric packing the stationery questioned his double. He was worried that shenanigans would occur.

“I’m gonna perform in the cafeteria! Just a little diddy, nothing much.” The clone replied excitedly, somehow exactly what the other expected. Shenanigans were afoot.

“Oh absolutely not— and he ran off. Fantastic, I need to stop myself before I duplicate and accidentally steal Jade’s gig of being a rebellious band.” He watched as his clone ran off with the accordion from earlier, who he knew was determined to finally get truly recognized for his art.

The Edric left behind simply sighed and finished packing up his things. He needed to stop himself before he would get in trouble, and Edric hoped Omar and Pamela could help. If only he knew where they went.

Maria

The homeroom with Ms. Amelia Thornheart was uneventful except for Orion yelling, but Maria was interested in house electives, especially on Combat Mastery.

Shame it wasn’t one of my house electives. I wish I could be whatever assiduous meant, but that might be out of my league. Besides, nobody has seen my power yet.

Ms. Amelia just covered the overall curriculum, structure, and organization of each subject, detailing learning objectives, assessments, and the dozens of ways to seek help and extra practice outside of class.

Overall, pretty standard for a homeroom period.

——

The lecture hall and the lessons taught within were nice, with very little banter between them. Maria could just be alone with her thoughts, and she definitely liked both Powers and Principles and Applied Superhero Engineering. Her foster mother did say she was a little intellectual after all, as she was always a sucker for math.

Speaking or thoughts, Orion had looked a little rattled in the homeroom, and she was wondering about it the whole time. She did hear the part about these “threads” and she pondered why he could see them but she couldn’t.

Maria knew all too well what it was like to both feel gaslit and be hiding something, and it seems like the boy might have seen something that nobody else could.

As she packed her notes and other supplies, she followed Orion, as she wanted to test something relating to her prior thoughts.

Though it’s just a hypothesis, I should reassure him that at least he isn’t alone in thinking about it.

“You ok? It seems like you’re a bit worried about something.” She muttered, hoping he would hear her.

@RhythmThief (Orion)

Last edited:
Pamela Oswald
Pamela turned as the door opened, and found herself face to face with the best possible kind of professor;

The fun one.

He gesticulated and projected in many ways; many different illusions appeared before them as Pamela sat down in her own desk, a look of awe on her face. She just couldn't believe the luck that placed her in this class!
If all of the teachers had such cool powers, Pamela would have a hard time finding a favorite.

-------------------------------

The day stretched, and for Pamela, it seemed immensely short and agonizingly long because of her energy. Each class was spectacular, but Pamela's favorite was for sure Powers and Principals. Being raised by a scientist majoring in powers certainly affected this decision, as her upbringing encouraged such curiosity.
Pamela actually took a few notes in that class, though the teachers didn't say much on their subjects. It was only the first day, so many of the classes merely skimmed the topic in question.

So Pamela was slightly crestfallen at the arrival of lunchtime. Organizing her stuff, she slid it all into her backpack like that one game where you stack the groceries.

Yet in her disappointment, one question burned within her;
"So many options....which group do I sit with...?"
"Do I go find Kim? Or maybe Fifi...."
"Or I could get to know Omar and Edric better..."
"Or find some lonely stranger...So many choices!"

Isolde Barley
She slumped, turning away from the boy before returning to her desk.
No escape now that the teacher had arrived...

And Isolde was certainly not going to go to anyone if she had questions. They'd probably think she was stupid.

Throughout the day, Isolde quietly stalked from class to class, politely listening for malicious intent and to the actual lectures in question.

---------------------------------

Isolde was also crestfallen when lunch arrived. The most challenging period, since people would inevitably have to sit near her. And they'd try to talk to her and she'd mess it up, and then they wouldn't like her.

Always.

She collected her stuff between her overlong sleeves, preparing to leave class in a timely manner when the lunch bell rang. Hopefully she'd be able to find a lonely table. That would be great.

As last minute banter was exchanged Kim had more or less focused on the coming lesson, and before long the Professor of their homeroom seemed to appear on the eccentric side of things. Swell, even the teachers had flair here but Kim had kept such thoughts to herself as she listened to the Professor's opening greeting to the class.

Things took a turn when the teacher's eyes had began to shimmer a bit as Km raised an eyebrow, perhaps a subtle effect of whatever power she had but more interestingly it seemed Orion seemed to see something which caused her to look around. She herself saw nothing so had Orion been crazy or was there something there she missed? Either answer had not been to her liking but she decided to glance to Orion as she seemed lost.

"Uh, see what?" Kim asked the young man, before she shifted back to the teacher as it seemed there were threads on display that he saw which she had not. Damn it, was this some test!? Did Orion have some quality she lacked, either way this first session already seemed to open up interesting developments...

...none of which, she seemed to totally like.

With the eclectics sheet in hand and class having finished, there wasn't much doubt in the back of Kim's mind as to what she decided to pick here. She had been someone whose power relied more on creative application than pure strength, so she'd decide to enroll in Combat Mastery as she needed to perfect her abilities in every capacity.

As she walked alongside her classmates Orion, Gwen and Maria her focus had lingered on Orion as she still seemed to be troubled by that moment in class. What quality did he have that allowed him to see these "threads" that she lacked!? What if this had been some secret test of the instructor and Orion had been the one to see through it where as others herself especially had been ignorant? What if it had been a sign Orion had been on this higher level!? Had much of this been irrational, oh more than likely but when one had been raised to be nothing short of perfection than any area where she might've lagged had been enough to knaw at her worries.

As they walked into the cafeteria, Maria seemed to ask if Orion had been okay which seemed as good a piece for her to speak up. "Seems the whole "threads" thing had him thinking, w-what uh exactly did you see..." Kim asked, subtly as she still seemed to try and approach this as if she had not been thinking this over since class ended or anything.

Kim worked to get a try and get her foot as she worked for a balanced meal before the topic of where to sit had come up. Tables seemed to present different options and for a girl who had been lacking in her social interactions she debated how to approach this...

@RhythmThief @Gold The Dragonite @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Omar Shieldson

As Omar sat and listened to the entrance of Their Homeroom teacher, he was half paying attention and half thinking about Petra, however, he was awake. His uniform was Standard, save for the Silver dollar hanging around where his tie ends on a chain.

He was using projections, which was a surprising power to see in action. He took notes on everything said, leaving spaces for the classes mentioned by his homeroom. When he arrived in the lecture hall, he took a seat and took notes on each of the subjects that went on throughout this part of the day. As he took notes, he watched the teacher's do their things, with various powers of their own. But he didn't have that many notes as it was day one of school. When the bell rang for lunch, he put his stuff away and slowly headed towards the door.

Fuyuko Redtail/Asuna Ryugetsu

Fuyuko and Asuna both were in Homeroom 1-C as the teacher walked down the aisles to check each student. Asuna was taking notes and trying to keep Orion out of her thoughts, for now. Fuyuko had been keeping notes as best as she could, while looking around the room. Asuna's uniform was looser than average due to her power, allowing for her to release her steam with out having it back up. Fuyuko's was normal, however, she kept the sleeves rolled back in case she had to use Draconic features. Both went to the lecture halls, and took seats. Fuyuko saw the boy who took out the fire last night, and several others that may have already been there. Asuna had a bit of a blush when she noticed Orion.

"I hope he's okay, especially after last night." Asuna whispered.

As the two girls listened to each of the classes, Asuna was really going to like Language of Powers, maybe it might be able to help her communicate better with her Uncle. Fuyuko was most likely better for Powers and Principles. She knew with her past, it would help with her. As they both took notes, they listened, despite both having Crushes in the class.

Then the bell rang for Lunch. Asuna had her stuff ready and walked to see Orion talking to some others, particularly a couple of girls. She was happy he made some new friends, as she approached him.

"H-hi! Orion!" Asuna was a bit blushy, it was noticeable if Maria, Kim or others that were in the area would look at her, "S-sorry if I-I am i-interrupting, H-how was y-your d-day so f-far?"

@RhythmThief (Orion) @Godjacob @Gold The Dragonite @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Maria)

Melanie Redtail

Her mind was racing through the entirety of Homeroom, finding out someone had a crush on her was incredibly shocking. Her teacher was a bit boring compared to the others she's had, Similar to the Gravitist and the Scientist, or her father, Archeologist Smithfield Redtail. As she walked to the lecture, her mind was still racing, and ended up walking into a closed door. As an impact sound was made, Melanie then walked through the door. She then sat down, with a little blood trickling out of her nose after she walked into the door. She then realized that she was bleeding and ended up having to go to the nurse. When she returned, she sat down to take notes as much as she can, if necessary, she will get what she missed from Fuyuko. She then went to lunch.

Last edited:

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Marcel and Samael were both intrigued by their respective home room teachers. As they both respectively went to the lecture halls they sat next to each other through the Language of Powers course. Taking notes when needed, Marcel would occasionally do a little sketch off Fuyuko here and there but Samael rolled his eye with a smile. The two would then go through to the same thing except with it being Powers and Principals.

Some time would pass and it would be time for lunch. Marcel decided to hang back and wait for Fuyuko. In the meantime, he figured he would get on Melanie’s good side by walking to her. “Hey so, I saw that you weren’t here. So here, you can have my notes to use to catch up if you want. Just don’t mind the little doodles in there.” Marcel spoke as he looked away. Samael stood on one of the walls waiting for Marcel and Fuyuko.
(@Cmeriwether )

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen

Gwen smiled back at Maria as she spoke up. "What a pretty name," she thought absentmindedly. Soon after, their teacher for homeroom arrived, Professor Thornheart. Thankfully, she didn't seem stern, quite the opposite actually, walking in with an air of enthusiasm.

The rest of homeroom was quite uneventful, except for Orion freaking out about seeing something. This made Gwen raise an concerned eyebrow, did his portals have some aftereffects on his vision for whatever reason? Nobody else appeared to have seen anything, and Ms. Thornheart seemed to notice but quickly dismissed it. Weird. Gwen overlooked the outburst, thinking nothing much of it. They were given a sheet for electives, but none of them were particularly interesting to her, well, besides Tactical Reconnaissance and Resource Gathering.

"God, what a mouthful..." With a mental shrug, Gwen ticked off the box without much thought. Shielding and Warding would've been nice, but too bad she wasn't in Gryphon. The rest of homeroom breezed by, as did the rest of the classes, with Powers and Principals catching her interest the most.

Gwen walked down the corridor towards the cafeteria alongside the others. Kim and Maria started to inquire about Orion's turmoil, which made Gwen think. A hallucination was plausible, but was it really a coincidence that the professor's eyes glowed blue at the same time? Perhaps a connection between the two could explain why he saw something, but Orion's reaction said otherwise. Though Gwen's interest was piqued, she didn't want to press him with questions he probably didn't know the answers to.

Then, Asuna showed up, looking for Mr. Popular. Funny how this was only their second time running into each other despite sharing a dorm. "Oh, hey, Asuna!" She raised an eyebrow as she began to stutter, making eye contact with the ground every so often. "You okay? 'Cause right now, you look redder than your hair." Was she always this coy? It's not like it would be very noticeable first time around due to Carter's influence.

@Cmeriwether

Josh

The day was similarly conventional for Josh, though he hadn't paid much attention to his teacher's introduction. He was busy thinking about the accordion playing from earlier, which drew his attention away from surveying the other students. It was obvious it wasn't a first-timer, and it sounded reminiscent of a game he'd played before.

His attention was turned to the elective sheet given to him. They all seemed kinda lame to Josh, but Aerial Acrobatics seemed right up his alley! He ticked it off without a second thought.

The rest of the day dragged on, but in a good way. Each of the classes' premises seemed intriguing to Josh, despite each of them being a fraction of what's to come. He was admittedly excited for the school year ahead. After it was all over, he made his way towards the cafeteria, whistling.

~???~

"...and that there is your great-grandfather, Achilles!"

A grand overtone of pride enveloped Atreus' words, his eyes bright with adoration. Carefully lifting the gallantly framed picture off of the wall, he brought the artifact closer to the three children of varying statures, who all resembled miniature versions of himself.

"Wow, so cool," faked the oldest, a girl with flowing braids and soft brown eyes that hadn't lifted from the flashing screen of her mobile.

"Lyn," warned Atreus, his head snapping at her direction. "What did I tell you about having that phone out during Family Time?"

Huffing a sigh, the pre-teen dropped the device onto the coffee table with a thud, leaning back into her seat and crossing her arms for extra emphasis on how lame this whole thing was, as she'd grown fond of saying recently.

The youngest, a toddler, was more interested in seeing how the picture tasted than looked, attempting the gobble the thing whole starting from the bottom.

"Trust me," remarked Lyn, now rising up and carrying the infant away, her demeanor noticeably softening,"You're gonna want a shake and some fries with that order, bucko. Let's get you over to mom, huh?"

As she carried the boy away, Atreus sighed and buried his head in his hands. It seemed like no matter what he did, he could never spark the same familial pride in his children as his own father had once done for him.

Raising his head back up, he noticed the portrait was missing. He looked around the room only to see Orion, the middle child of the three, gazing intently at the image, as if it held the secrets to the universe. The boy, who barely reached his father's hip at this stage, was completely still, forgetting even to blink.

While Atreus had honestly forgotten the child was even here (as his presence was very much understated compared to his siblings), the father was thrilled at how interested his son had seemed.

"Well, son, would you like to hear about-"

Suddenly, the picture had vanished. Vanished? No, but Atreus didn't know how else to describe what he saw- for a split second, it appeared as though some circular, purple hole had materialized under the boy's hands, the shock causing him to drop the object straight into it.

Orion was in disbelief, staring wide-eyed at his hands, his father's equally shocked expression, and flicking between the two.

Everyone was beginning to fear that the boy was powerless, and wouldn't develop any abilities like his peers, but it seemed now that he was just a late bloomer, after all!

It wasn't until the sound of glass shattering reverberated from the neighboring kitchen, alongside Lyn and her mother's alarmed squeals, and Orion's crazed, frantic laughter, that Atreus knew his son's gift had instead revealed itself to be a curse.

~ Karma High, Southern California ~

He hadn't thought of that memory in quite some time. It was surreal, recalling the first time his power manifested. He was so excited to head to the playground the next day and show it off.

Lyn was indifferent as usual, and Troy was too young to understand what was going on, but he'd at least thought his parents would be happy for him.

Instead, they were solemn and concerned, exchanging whispers and cautious glances at each other, like there was something wrong with him, like they'd seen this somewhere before and wanted nothing to do with it.

Atreus was able to restore the damaged remains of the picture with some help from a friend, but nobody ever touched it again.

Whenever Orion walked past it from then onwards, it felt as though the eyes were following him now, staring into some deep, dark part of him he knew nothing about. And it frightened him.

It was the voice of his new friends, Maria and Kim, that snapped him back into reality. He shook his head before addressing them both.

"Yeah, what Kim said. " he admitted with sincere eyes. "That whole scene earlier is still bugging me. It was like- her eyes started glowing and then I started seeing these weird blue threads everywhere. Around the furniture, around the people. The three of you had your own threads wrapped around you too! It was... crazy, to say the least."

He paused, thoughtful. They had, at some point, reached the now bustling Cafeteria, and were loading their plates.

No gyros in sight, thank God, so he kept it simple with chicken, rice, some salad and a blueberry muffin, though beneath it all he felt Achilles' eyes were still following him.

"...Eh, maybe Teach was just playing a prank on me with her power or something." he concluded breezily, shrugging his shoulders. "She seemed like the type who didn't take things too seriously anyway."

This answer didn't convince him, and probably didn't convince Maria, Kim and Gwen either, but he didn't know what else to say. He wasn't going to let that small incident ruin his mood.

"Thank you for the concern, though, it means a lot." he admitted. This was suddenly getting a tad too emotional. "Anyway, let's eat!"

Looking into the Cafeteria's layout now, he remembered the quick briefing they'd received in homeroom, and enjoyed the simplicity of it- there were 6 long dinner tables filling the space, two for each year group. He steered the group toward the far right, where the first years were sitting, and led the group to a nice space in the middle of the right hand table.

Settling down, he caught sight of a familiar lock of red hair, and his mood now skyrocketed into the stratosphere once he laid eyes on Asuna, who was approaching the group, greeting them.

"Asuna!" he exclaimed, genuinely very happy to see her. "I've missed you!"

...OH.

Immediately realizing what had just escaped his mouth, he turned to his classmates, panicked.

"I, uh, this is, um, Kimiko Tacohash- AHEM, Takahashi! We just call her Kim!" He began, putting on his best cheerful face and pushing his verbal speed into overdrive. "This is Maria! She has nice hair! And you remember Gwen from yesterday, right? 'Course you do, we almost died!"

He nodded vigorously, satisfied with his performance, before digging into his food, his head fully down, praying that nobody would read into anything.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)

Maria

As Maria walked with Gwen and Kim, they both asked Orion about his vision. Right now, she finally felt like she was truly at peace. It was like she had friends.

Oh who am I kidding, they are basically my friends. Why am I doubting myself?

Seemed like that relaxing aura also affected Orion, as he reassured all them about his vision of sorts. It made her at ease to realize that he was okay.

“Well, whatever it is, don’t worry too much about it. Not like it matters now.”

Maria smiled as she entered the cafeteria, the smells of so many foods wafting into her nose. She would investigate these blue threads another time, for now she would eat lunch.

They could be inter-spacial, maybe something like String Theory… But I’m too hungry for math right now…

Well before she could get her food, Orion ran off and happily exclaimed something about a red-haired girl named Asuna. Seems like he and the striking girl had history, it seemed. She just stood beside and waved at the girl, hoping she didn’t appear awkward.

I must look like a complete dork… Ah well, that can’t be helped…

She winced at the compliment about her hair, feeling embarrassed at the fact that it was her main feature. She also winced at the fact that both Gwen and Orion almost died yesterday, something nobody could predict.

I’ll ask about that later, no way someone’s life was in danger on Day 1…

As Maria got her food, being adobo and rice, she hoped to learn more about her new friends, and hopefully solve a query of hers, as she sat down.

“Anyways, you think our mystery musician is gonna show up again?” She asked Orion, as she still wondered if Edric was really the culprit.

@Godjacob (Kim)
@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
@RhythmThief (Orion)

Edric (the one who got away)

At the far end of the cafeteria, away from the doors and people entering, a group of three Edrics stood at the ready.

“Alright, we set?” The Edric with the accordion stated as he gestured to his double. They had practiced a small amount shortly after he booked it from the lecture hall.

“Yup! Let’s get this show on the road.” The clone replied excitedly as he prepared his trumpet. It was gonna be a polite and simple performance, and besides, as long as one of them ate, they didn’t need any sustenance.

Hopefully this won’t get me in trouble. After all, it’s just music, right?

“Let’s fill this cafeteria with some ambience, shall we?” The final clone in the group stated as he strummed his banjo, eager to start.

Behind the trio was a pile of random items than they had pulled out to form the chaotic band, it taking them several tries to get the instrument.

These three instruments where the only ones Edric actually knew how to play. He learned the banjo from watching Jade’s band on the guitars, and the trumpet was his instrument in band class. He was pretty decent at all of them, and he was ready to put on a show.

“In three, two, one.”

As the trio of Edrics began their instrumental, a one man band at it’s oddest, it was abundantly clear. It may have been only three instruments, but that was all it took to make a good melody.

Last edited:
Pamela Oswald
Pamela, in her usual flitting fashion, left without telling anyone. She had filled out her paper a while ago, although she couldn't exactly remember what she had checked. Oh well.

Pamela walked through the halls at a brisk pace, excited to find some loners to sit with. She was determined to talk with as many people as possible.

She did see someone she recognized though. Look at Kim! Kim was just casually chatting away with a large group! Pamela, who had developed a bit of a motherly affection for the girl, swelled with pride.
Pamela's initial impression of Kim was that she was standoffish and probably not going to find too many people...
But she was surrounded by them! Pamela would ask her about it later, but for now Pamela had a mission.

Except for one thing. They had prime real estate. Center of the table.

Pamela's easy grin frowned. How was she to be surrounded by new people if they had prime real estate?

Hmmm....Maybe...

Pamela grabbed some food. About 2 Hot dogs, ketchup and mustard, and some ice cream on the side.
Then, Pamela easily loped over, sitting on the fringe of the large group. She politely did not inject herself into the conversation, but curiosity egged her on into at least listening in.

The group was...Four people large? Maybe? She skimmed her eyes across it; Kim, a fairly average looking girl, a blue-haired absolute cutie, and a dark-skinned boy who Pamela vaguely thought she knew in a half-dream. She didn't know three of the people.

None of them were in her class, so that was a plus and minus. But was it the right group for Pamela?
It was already substantially large. Pamela didn't know if they'd be a good fit. But for now, Pamela had the second best position on the table and an interesting conversation to listen in on. More options would show up soon.

Music wafted into Pamela's ears, and she quickly turned in that direction. Oh! There was Edric, Edric and Edric. That wasn't really a group, per say, but she wasn't one to judge a person's choices.

Isolde Barley
Isolde quickly walked from her room to the crowded lunch period. She was lucky enough to find an almost empty table with a nice, helpful sign on it; 'Sit here, First Years!' written on it in cramped writing. Blue Glitter covered it everywhere else.

After getting some quesadillas (Food of the Lord), she shuffled over to the empty table and flipped the sign over, hoping it would confuse first-years for a while.
Isolde sat on the very edge, away from the door, so people would be less likely to notice her.

Father always said companionship was only a distraction. That was the only thing he ever said that Isolde wholeheartedly agreed with.

She hummed happily under her breath. A nice, calming tune from a psychological horror, as a slight scent of coffee hit her nose.

Isolde felt a bit energized now. So she hummed louder without being aware of it, until she was singing it.
"The ink flows down into a dark puddle~!"
Her singing voice was nice but clashed with the music already playing. Not that very many people would hear her over the chatter.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Carter
What a bummer this homeroom teacher of theirs was. A total polar opposite of his own energetic attitude, what a vibe killer! Oh well, it didn't matter much to Carter how his new teachers would act, so long as they weren't gonna intrude on his style too much and try to control his actions, because the last thing he needed was yet another authority figure in his life trying to manipulate how he lives his life, that last guy who used to be his father was already more than enough!

Time passed by as Whitaker was bored out of his mind. He never was one for literacy.. or any kind of smart stuff, really. After all, all he's ever known in his life has related to sports and athletics, this type of stuff was only something he breezed through the basics of, just the barest minimum to get him through past classes. He'd have loved to have done more, of course - just through his busy schedule of.. well, being forced to do all kinds of sports, exercises and training, there never was any kind of room for studying.

Actually, sitting back here, Carter was kind of glad he finally got around to being able to finally put down the ball and pick up some books. As mind-numbingly dull as it was, it had also been a new experience that he was sure he was gonna get used to, pumping his motivation up, coincidentally increasing his senses and allowing him to process things faster while he was getting hyped up. Talk about a handy power, that motivation of his!

When it was time for lunch, it was of no surprise that there was little left of Whitaker other than a dust cloud resembling his image as soon as the bell rang, that fast he had booked it to the cafeteria. All this learning, all this cramming of knowledge in that empty brain of his got him a real hunger all worked up, and now it was time to whittle it down and get full!

So, naturally, he crammed a food tray full of all kinds of foods now that he actually managed to be one of the very first there and seat himself down at not just any table, but specifically at the one the school staff seemed to have cherry-picked out for him and his first-year peers. Oh well, beats trying to struggle on deciding just which table to sit at!

Vincent
Well, wasn't that nice? It seems this stranger who was to teach them turned out to be.. actually not afraid of him. Well, that should be kind of expected.. right? This is a school for powers after all, surely having things like him around isn't a first-time experience. Regardless, this gave the big, lumbering giant the little bit of courage he had needed to give this year his all. He was fully willing to listen and learn, even if.. the latter part would end up being just a bit difficult for him. Wouldn't hurt to try, though!

With his ginormous fingers though, filling out whatever was written on this sheet of paper was impossible, as he had to even raise it up close to his eyes to even see what was written on it. Some kind of.. eh-lek-di-fe? What did that even mean? Clearly, he was supposed to fill this out with something.. and well, it did also say to write a name.. so, putting two and two together, Vince thought that this little paper needed his signature of all things. So, doing what he does best, he threw it in his cranium as if using a trash can and promptly popped it out onto the table again, dry as before, yet now with his name written in ink all over the areas to fill out. He wasn't exactly sure where to write his name.. so might as well put it everywhere so it can't be missed, right?

The rest of the classes went equally as well for the gigantic student as well as.. they could go, really. Of course, there were some difficulties on his behalf, but they weren't anything he couldn't handle. If anything, it was actually nice having some trouble with these things. In here, he didn't feel like he was being pressured into answering. Here, he felt like giving a wrong answer wouldn't get him laughed at and mocked by everyone else. And while Vincent had that thought, he had hoped it would remain for as long as he was here.

When the bell finally rang and lunch came to pass, Vince was the last to get out of class. He had stood back while everyone was leaving so he wouldn't end up holding everyone up as he attempted to squeeze himself through the frame once more. He was still struggling with this a bit, but he figured that, eventually, he'll get the hang of things.

Of course, as he did the day before, his trip to all the food stands was equally as ruthless as food was just piled up on his tray. Whatever would end up trying to roll off, his free hand would catch and promptly toss into his lid of a mouth. And whatever did end up on the floor.. would be treated much the same. Dirt, grime, it really didn't matter. He could always just cleanse it and push it back out to eat it proper, after all, so why bother wasting the food? His only problem was working up the courage to sit at that large table with the others, but.. well, it would be kind of impolite if he didn't seat himself at the table that the staff specifically picked out for them, right?

Vincent decided to just seat himself on the other end of the table, where it was most empty and away from everyone else. Likely for the best, too, given that his size would've probably made everyone scoot out of the way anyway, which wasn't exactly what he wanted to force on the others.

Los Angeles - 20XX

A young girl with red eyes was sat on a hill… surrounded by fireflies… her eyes gazing between them.

An arm was wrapped around her, and a question was asked-

“What do you want to be when you grow up?”

The voice was masculine, comfortable, and familiar.

“…you’re a… biology-ist, right???”

“Well I’m going to college for Biology, but that isn’t necessarily the same thing…!”

“…I guess you’re right… mmm… maybe I’ll pick something else…”

The girl turned her eyes back towards the city, as the fireflies fluttered about. She reached out her arm… and one landed on her pinkie finger.

“…I think I wanna be a hero!!”

“That’s a wonderful aspiration to have, Nera..! I think… you’d make an amazing hero… you’d be a true paragon of Justice!”

There was a few moments of silence… before the male’s voice was heard again.

“Hey sis… can you tell me what the fireflies are thinking again?”

. . .

Nera Vasquez

“. . .”

“…they never really thought about much… really… I’d always just tell him fantastic stories… because he’d always smile when he heard them…”

Nera laid down on the floor in the middle of the room, her hair sprawled out all over the place. Her red eyes stared up at the ceiling as she relayed her dream to reality… sticking up a hand straight into the air… watching it fade in and out of focus from her eyes… gazing… wondering…

“…guess I’m late on the first day, huh?”

. . .

Nera entered the cafeteria about a half an hour later, not 100% caring about how fast she was in actually getting to class. She wore a discordant hoodie that was full of clashing dark colors, dark blue, almost black jeans, and had her hair tied back in a ponytail. She got a single order personal pizza… and sat down next to Isolde by…

Not chance, she just knew that if she found the shy one, she wouldn’t have to worry about getting her ear talked off and onto the floor…

‘…no matter how many times you told him stories, he’d smile. He doesn’t smile anymore.’

‘…there won’t be a reason to smile until they’re… done for…’

‘…the ones that took my older brother’s smile away.’

@Blotch'd

Riley Deimi

There was a sudden crash as a tray basically exploded onto the ground… as a hyperactive girl with white hair looked down at the carnage… and said a single word-

“Oopsies.”

She giggled silently to herself, as she quickly cleaned it up with the help of a very flustered looking janitor… and she strolled to grab a different food item… because her mood for burgers had kinda been torn away by her dropping one face down on the floor after tripping over her own damn feet! She instead hopped over to the Mediterranean section to get a gyro, as she could go for something that might… balance a little worse on a platter, you idiot.

But of course, Riley’s internal dialogue of conscious was ignored by flesh Riley, who hummed herself a dorky song as she hopped along back towards a random seat on the table, looking around with expectant and large purple eyes for her friends!!!!!

Like that Pomelo girl she met yesterday, or her friend Taco!

Tsugikuni Ginhoshi

Tsugikuni entered the lunchroom, looking around with his bright yellow eyes for anything particularly of interest. Fortunately, it seemed nothing had changed in the lunchroom since the previous day… that’s good, probably for the best. He unclipped his pen from its holster, and looked up at it as it caught the light of the ceiling.

“…all right, what should I get today…”

He mused to himself as he checked the whole thing for any scratches or tarnish, before sheathing it once again… and heading towards the spot selling fried chicken…

“Not the most noble of foods but…”

He smiled to himself, knowing his parents and elders would likely scold him for hours for this, and chuckled.

“It scratches a much-lingering itch~”

He filled a bucket, strolled to the table… and despite his choice of meal, began to eat it as elegantly as any other..!

Orion seemed to more or less confirm that Kim's guess is what troubled him, and it seemed to bug him about these threads and the interaction with Professor. Course Kim had been worried it was a sign he was ahead of her but she managed to not let such likely irrational envy bleed over for the time being as she listened to Orion's account. Though as he mentioned it being a "prank" Kim seemed to roll her eyes a bit as she sighed.

"I somehow doubt that." Kim said to Orion as they moved to set their treys to a seat at the table and it had only been now Kim realized she sort of well integrated herself into this group. Huh, she had only been walking out of class and was curious about Orion's scenario yet here she had been eating with a group of her own accord which had been a bit of a first. Last night she only recalled being approached by others such a...was that Pamala!?

Kim' eyes had noticed her along the table glancing at them along the table as she wondered what she should do here. Kim had admitted she, well not that she missed Pamala or anything that had been silly but her company the day prior had been one of the less unpleasant aspects of the first day and they had not talked since they had broken from orientation. Kim had wanted to correct that, but not only had she been well not the best in extending a social tether as the initiator but it had been in poor taste to shuffle from this group mid conversation so as she glanced to her and back she opted to remain for now. Perhaps a window to catch up would come soon Kim figured.

Another girl one who seemed to be familiar with Orion, Asuna, seemed to arrive as Orion handled introductions and Orion had once more mispronounced her last name before he corrected as Kim's eyebrow twitched a bit but she composed herself and nodded along.

"A pleasure miss Asuna." Kim said with the usual grace expected of her, as Gwen then Maria seemed to do the same before mention was made of some "musician" as Kim seemed to get a bit of PTSD. Surely something like that would've been avoided on consecutive days right?

However, music began to play as that same fool seemed to be performing as Kim glanced over and seemed to have a look of disgust on her expression which honestly had been rather comical. "D-does this "musician" lack any self control?" Kim asked the group a bit stupefied.

@Cmeriwether @Blotch'd @RhythmThief @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Gold The Dragonite

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen

The questions concluded, Orion suggesting that a prank was played on him despite his unsure tone. It probably wasn't that important anyways, and if it was they could always just talk to Professor Thornheart about it. Though something made Gwen doubt they would get a straight answer out of her.

She approached the cafeteria with a single, squinted eye open, scared of the possibility of it happening again. Thankfully, the loop was broken before it could be created. After selecting the only thing her diet allowed (pizza of course) as well as just a plain bottle of water, she sat down with everyone else. As she did, Orion introduced the three in rapid fire to Asuna, before sticking his head into his food like an ostrich, as if trying to hide. Now both of them were acting weird, almost like...

Oh.

Oh.

Could it be, or was Gwen mistaken? Was it Christmas time already? Because the two of them gave her the best present she could ask for!

Free ammunition.

It may only a hypothesis, but it felt too evident to be incorrect. Gwen quietly laughed to herself, her expression suggesting scheming. However, Gwen's poker face quickly returned as Maria spoke up about the accordion player.

"Mari's right, how're ya gonna point him out if your face is in your food?" As she spoke, she could hear music playing from across the cafeteria. Taking a glance over, there was three people playing some music. One was playing an accordion, another with a trumpet and the last with a guitar of sorts, maybe a banjo. "Orion, that's the guy? Don't think you mentioned triplets," Gwen nudged him while trying to hear the song better, interrupted by Kim's remark.

"C'mon, don't be a debbie downer, Kim. Let the guys play their music," Gwen chimed in with a grin on her face, embracing the amiable atmosphere with the company of everyone else.

@RhythmThief
@Cmeriwether
@Godjacob
Also @Blotch'd

Josh

Josh walked into the cafeteria, just absentmindedly going for food. Then his head perked up, hearing a song being played again from the far side of the cafeteria. He hurriedly grabbed his food, flying above the other students and using their conversations as power. Then, he was finally able to see just who was playing the music...

Edric was the Cinderella!? Looked like he split himself into three, with the fabled accordion, a banjo, and a trumpet. If only he brought a guitar or something...

He landed near the trio, not wanting to distract or interrupt. But how was anyone gonna hear him from all the way back here?

The six spectral feathers following Josh split apart, surrounding the performing Edrics and amplifying their song's volume towards the rest of the hall. He took a seat on the long table nearest to the three, ready to enjoy whatever he picked out—or not. Fish wasn't the worst thing in the world, but oh well. He sat on the sidelines, silently cheering the three Edrics on.

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! (Edric)