• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Karma High (REBOOT)- Romantic Superpower High School RP (Open to new characters!)

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
@Gold The Dragonite all three accepted! Just make sure to give me a house for Arielle

@DevVoid accepted! He's really cool, and he feels super lovecraftian, if that's the vibe you were going for!
That is absolutely the vibe I was going for, especially with his name. (Ralyegh being a reference to R'lyeh and Innsmouth being a reference to the actual location of the seaport town Innsmouth)

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
here is my main oc for this remake. most probably ill stick with Jasper being now a teacher at Karma High as a side character (dilf the hell out of him LOL)

Name: Pearl Rose Arlene

Gender/Pronouns: Female (She/Her)

Sexuality: Straight

Height: 5'4

Appearance:
1700017357398.png

Personality: Most people think Pearl would be a mean girl at first, seeing how she dresses, how she talks, and even her body language. However, Pearl is a kind soul, always helping others, and even going so far to make friends to those who seem too far away from socializing. She doesn't use her powers to take advantage of others, and she doesn't care if she ruins her reputation or relationships with others just to protect one that she believes is in the right. If you become one of Pearl's closest friends, you'll always be the first that she'll talk to about her feelings, and she'll be the one you will look for if you come across any trouble.

Backstory/History: ooh tba!!! so scary its even scarier than a sleeping dog!!

Powers:
• Beautification
- Pearl will always look beautiful to those they see, as from their perspective, Pearl will look like the woman of their dreams. This only usually affects males, but can work on females as well depending on their taste in relationship. For specifics, Pearl looks exactly the same, but she seems to be under a filter to those who see her, and can be turned on and off like a light switch.

• A Match Made In Heaven
- Pearl has a panel on her hand, which has three different colors, red, blue and green. Depending on the color Pearl had chosen, her projectile will have different effects. To shoot out her projectiles, Pearl can shoot them from her fingers, moving fairly quickly and is fairly small. It's effects are minimal at it's first hit, but can become out of control after a few shots. Each type of weapon has five ammo, and takes a minute to reload one piece of ammo. If a target is hit by all three colors of projectiles in quick succession, they will be infatuated by one's beauty, usually the ones she chooses.

-Red
When hitting a target, the target's vision will become blurry and start to see illusions. With added shots, the illusions become more and more apparent, and the target's vision becomes entirely dark. The effects of these projectiles are only present up to a minute when it was last shot, and usually takes three to four shots depending on what kind of endurance and durability someone has.

-Blue
Whenever a target gets hit by a blue-colored projectile, they are knocked back and is slowed down. When hit by enough projectiles, the enemy will freeze, unable to move or attack. A drawback to this one is that the projectiles move much slower than the other, and is usually hard to aim due to it's speed.

-Green
The green projectile is her strongest projectile, in which this can make anyone fall asleep in only a few shots. It's effects are almost minimal on the first shot, and after two shots, this will usually end up making the target fall asleep. The main drawback for this is that this only has three ammo itself, and takes away some of Pearl's power from her other ability.

• With Love, Pearl
- Whenever someone is infatuated with Pearl, a small pink line will be attached from them to herself, taking small amounts of energy, and restoring her ammo passively. These can only go so far, and will break apart once she goes too far. This can also activate whenever she and someone else holds hands as the other person is willing to give some energy for her. She can also give away energy to whoever she wants, using the same tether.

Dislikes: Fake friends, Bad Fashion, People who hurt others for no reason, Villains.

Relationships:
Amethyst Arlene - Mother (42/Alive)
Steven Quinn Arlene - Father (47/Alive)
Ruby Arlene - Sister (19/Dead)
Steven Kennedy Arlene Jr - Brother (14/Alive)

Other: her sister is dead (i will explain later on as the rp goes on), and she loves to help people find love.

House: House Chimera

Name: Rohan Flamestene

Gender/Pronouns: Male, He/Him

Height: 5'5

Appearance: He has brown hair, fair skin, and blue eyes (matches powers, see powers). He wears a grey hoodie, blue jeans and a white t-shirt.

Personality: Well, he is very friendly, at the best of times. Friends are where it's at for him, and he offers good advice to those who need it. Of course, he is sad when he is left out of plans, for to him, friends are family. He is also a romantic.

Backstory/History: He had a semi-normal childhood, learning to use his powers when he was 6. Accepted to Karma High only a year ago, he was dead excited. He had made it by a mile, his grades through the roof. However, he lost his father only half a year ago, due to cancer, so he is a little shy recently.

Powers:
• Water Bending
Rohan can control water, bending it to his own will, so long he is awake. He uses it in different ways
Power Techniques
• Waterspout
Uses water under his feet to quickly travel.
• Wave
Summons a wave of water
• Hydrostrike
A controlled flow of water strikes the target.
• Hydrotherapy
Heals who Rohan wants, using water rings/

Dislikes: Fake friends, Ice, Villains.

Relationships:
Lilian Flamestene (47, Alive), mother
Ray Flamestene (45, dead), father
Woof the dog (5, alive) a dog which is usually a SLEEPING DOG
Other: He has autism

House: House Chimera

Last edited:
@| Korutesu | ohh she sounds super fun, accepted!

@GLITCHSKULL you just need to add one more thing to your character’s bio and you’re all set (check the rules again, if you haven’t already)!

Also everyone, me and Cmeriwether have come up with a dorm plan we both agree on (and I just added Pearl for completeness).

Boys-
Dorm 3:
Tsugikuni Ginhoshi
Orion Cross
Jake West
Marcel Cromwell

Dorm 4:
Omar Shieldson
Samael Petrikov
Andrew Kendra
Ralyegh Innsmouth

Girls-
Dorm 15:
Riley Deimi
Pamela Oswald
Kim Takahashi
Amaryllis Cloverfield

Dorm 16:
Nera Vasquez
Isolde Barley
Gina Shieldson
Arielle Sterling

Dorm 18:
Maya Aofumi
Fuyuko Redtail
Melanie Redtail
-

Dorm 19:
Asuna Ryugetsu
Gwen Kendra
Iori Akiyama
Pearl Arlene

How does this seem to everyone?

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
@| Korutesu | ohh she sounds super fun, accepted!

@GLITCHSKULL you just need to add one more thing to your character’s bio and you’re all set (check the rules again, if you haven’t already)!

Also everyone, me and Cmeriwether have come up with a dorm plan we both agree on (and I just added Pearl for completeness).

Boys-
Dorm 3:
Tsugikuni Ginhoshi
Orion Cross
Jake West
Marcel Cromwell

Dorm 4:
Omar Shieldson
Samael Petrikov
Andrew Kendra
Ralyegh Innsmouth

Girls-
Dorm 15:
Riley Deimi
Pamela Oswald
Kim Takahashi
Amaryllis Cloverfield

Dorm 16:
Nera Vasquez
Isolde Barley
Gina Shieldson
Arielle Sterling

Dorm 18:
Maya Aofumi
Fuyuko Redtail
Melanie Redtail
-

Dorm 19:
Asuna Ryugetsu
Gwen Kendra
Iori Akiyama
Pearl Arlene

How does this seem to everyone?
These seem fine, the people in Dorm 15 better be ready for lots of house plants and they should probably be prepared to hide any honey they may have, Amaryllis can sense it.

"Looks like the weather isn't the only thing that's hot." he called out to the red-haired girl, lost in her map and blissfully unaware of the whole situation. "We should get a room or something - I don't think the others can take the way you're setting my world on fire."

He reached out a hand through the portal.

"Teasing aside - you really should get over here before whoever has the toxic fart power decides now's a good time to let one loose. Come on - I'm sure there are other ways we can blow off steam."

...Yes, freaking nailed it!
the teenager mused to himself.

@Cmeriwether (Asuna)
If MY 'rizz' was based off steam jokes, farts, and sexual innuendos I'd be as single as he's going to be throughout the entirety of this RP. Bro is as smooth as gravel in pudding. xD

Edit: If y'all need more male characters I could always make one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Cinaed Allen
Gender/Pronouns: Masculine (He/They)
Height: 4'7
Appearance (pictures can also be used):
947708_FIvOGCEY.png

Personality: A young man who knows he has an incredible amount of charm, but he is too innocent to even begin to attempt exploiting it. He believes that there is good in all people. He'd trust anyone who swears on their Momma, regardless of whether or not they are actually trustworthy. Easy to exploit, but at the same time the sweetness that makes Cinaed himself makes it hard to feel good about doing it. A bit of an airhead at times, all the same.
Backstory/History: From the hills of sweet Ireland comes a boy of fire and drive, with a normal encouraging family and 3 dogs. When he expressed his dream of going to Karma High, His entire street helped supply the money needed to enroll him in the school, and he plans to earn back that money cent by cent!
Powers:
Torch Master:
He can create fire from his fingertips, but he only has control of what it consumes from, how hot it burns, and how quickly it spreads. Once he's got something burning he doesn't have any control of where the flames go, but on the plus side, he's fireproof!
Burn-proofing: Anything he holds onto with all five fingers is entirely impervious to the effects of fire, including the effects of burns, heat, and the spreading (Which means that they cannot catch fire) for as long as he holds the thing. This works to a more limited effect on living creatures, in which they will become almost fire-proof, increasing the amount of time it takes for them to catch fire or get burns. He can disable this power consciously in order to set specific things on fire with his first power.
Likes: Fire, Heat, Summer, Ireland, Fields, Horses, People, Comics, Art Appreciation
Dislikes: Fizzy drinks, Lies, Ice-Cubes, Coldness (Temperature AND Attitude), Ghosts
Relationships: An entire street of Irish friends, but mostly his family (Grandmother, Father, Mother, Sister, and 3 Dogs)
Other: His dogs are prone to sleeping. Sleeping dogs are a common sight in his house.
House: Chimera

Last edited:
Yep @-[ Just Vibin ]- , you’re free to bring a character into this!

I’m also kinda just now realizing how much of an accidental Tsundere I made Nera. Really has a lot of empathy and wants to make the best of her situation and world, but she’s embarrassed about showing it and puts up a tough front.

It wasn’t even intentional (all that was intentional is that she’s a wee bit edgy-)

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Yo, I know I dipped on the last one, but I've since grown as a writer and this guy is less of an impulsive claim.

Name: Saul Rex
Gender/Pronouns: Male
Height: 5'10"
Appearance: Pale and scrawny, with glaring eyes that are constantly scanning his environment during each waking hour. His irises are orange, and his hair is a short dark brown.
Personality: Blunt, introverted, and proud, Saul is generally very abrasive. Starting out, he's gonna be very snarky and think of himself more highly than his peers, though this will mostly manifest as judgmental glares toward whoever may be caught in his gaze. He is cold and calculating on the surface, but on the inside he's got a considerable amount self-doubt and loneliness swirling around. The only thing stronger than his disgust of others is his ego.
Backstory/History: When Saul was young, he and his parents immigrated to Earth. While their intentions were unclear at first, they soon began protecting the innocent and quickly became semi-popular superheroes. Saul remained out of the spotlight for many years, and in those years he didn't have much contact with his parents. He had to figure out a lot on his own, and the weight of their expectations weighs heavier than ever on his shoulders...
Powers:

Alien Physiology- Being an alien, Saul is fundamentally different from humans. He is immune to many toxins that affect humans, as well as being more tolerant of heat and radiation. He's more durable, faster, stronger, and has more stamina than most humans, though he's more vulnerable to the cold. Also, his blood is toxic to earthlings. Also also, breathing is optional for him.

Limited Polymorphism- Saul can shapeshift his body to a certain degree, usually appearing as turning his limbs into weapons, changing colors to camouflage, changing his height, or significantly speeding up his healing process. Altering his matter does cost a considerable amount of energy.

Advanced Intelligence- Saul's brain is another superhuman aspect of himself. Got a photographic memory, and he's mastered a wealth of topics. His thoughts are accelerated to a superhuman degree, so it is difficult to read his thoughts even if they get past a telepathic barrier he upkeeps at all times(this also gives him resistance to most other mental effects). Other telepathic abilities he has includes the ability to catch surface thoughts off the minds of others, though peering deeper is difficult to him. Lastly, he can also telepathically sense his surroundings in a small radius. He'll likely develop more psionic abilities as the rp goes on.

Likes: Science(especially astronomy), strategic thinking, proving himself superior
Dislikes: The cold, sleeping dogs, people
Relationships: Augustus Rex(father), Wu Rex(mother)
Other: He'll have a character arc dw
House: Siren

Last edited:
I'm back.
Rebooting some characters, 'cause why not?
Name: Dean Emery
Gender/Pronouns: Male, he/him
Sexuality: Bi
Height: 5'9"
generated image

Personality; Dean is the nicest guy you'll meet. He's also really smart, empathetic and will help you with any problems you have. He's also the kind of guy to warn people about the firework pressure plate. And the kind of guy to tell a random stranger he knows what they did last night.
Backstory/History: His life was a bit chaotic. He and his friends, Braedyn, Marcus and Hayden, were incredibly fun people, sometimes a little too fun. Dean was the planner for all the things they did together. When they decided to set off fireworks indoors a few years ago, Dean accidentally lit the fuses with his finger and chaos ensued pretty much immediately. Then he started moving around at the speed of sound, calculating extremely complex equations immediately and playing music with his mind (yes, with his mind) among other things.
Powers:
  • Electrokinesis: Dean can control electricity to an extent. This slightly drains his stamina. By doing this, he can cause electrical fires. By the way it won't set a sleeping dog on fire or affect it in any way for some reason.
  • Rollin' Around: Dean can move at the speed of sound. Only problem is that's the limit. Mach 1.
  • Einstein: Dean is naturally an extremely intelligent person, and that was only enhanced once he got his powers. His mind is supernaturally enhanced to the point of breaking records five-fold.
  • Music Blaster: He can play music with his mind from the point of being the only one to hear it to blasting it. Only problem is it's always comedically unfitting to the situation.
  • Violent Voice: Dean's voice can knock you out not by being loud as shit, but by sending you flying a long distance (about 15 meters). This has an impact on his voice.
Likes: Eminem, Post Malone, Stellar, Kevin Tiah, rap music, video games
Dislikes: Assholes, racist people
Relationships: Braedyn (Best Bros), (moving on to others) Hayden Jermyn (Friend), Marcus Myers (Friend)
Other: He has a tendency to blast comedically unfitting music from his playlist with almost 40 songs.
Name: Braedyn Gooley
Gender/Pronouns: Male, he/him
Height: 5'8"
generated image

Personality; Braedyn is just goofy. He will do the dumbest shit ever and everyone will pass it off as normal. Also if he doesn't swear like 100 times a day something's wrong with him.
Backstory/History: He's awesome. That's all you need to know. But what you want to know is... [deep breath] he broke the record for the youngest person to swear five times a second while setting the World Trade Center on fire by accident and not get caught by the police when he moved here just before beginning to attend Karma High. Phew.
Powers:
  • Break The Wind: Braedyn can destroy wind and use said wind as a weapon. Only downside is it's followed by a comedically random sound effect, wether it be an extremely loud incorrect buzzer or a liquid fart.
  • My Finger is a Lighter: Exactly What It Says On The Tin.
Likes: Video games, setting off fireworks indoors, rave music, Five Nights at Freddy's, cats
Dislikes: Furries (that's all I could think of)
Relationships: Dean (Best Bud), Hayden Jermyn (Friend), Marcus Myers (Friend)
Other: In terms of dirty-mindedness, he's nowhere near Dean's level... and Dean's nowhere near Marcus's level. And he thinks the only actually better than average dog is a sleeping dog.

Last edited:
Quick question. Are we limited to one house ? Only beause I have a oc that could fit here really well, but he's mix of both defense and support.
He could take an Elective from a different house later to help with his less dominant power? Is his defensive or Support the more dominant power?

(I'm covering this so Cryronn doesn't have to, check page one about who he gave the back up role to).

Orion's confident approach to Asuna was met with a blush that could rival a tomato. He withdrew his hand, squinting playfully at her once she focused back on her map, as if sizing her up. After a moment, a mischievous smile lit up his face.

"Lost soul in search of the mystical dorms, huh?" Orion teased, attempting to lower the awkward temperature. "I'm your GPS for the day. Follow this magical path around the corner," he began with exaggerated gestures as if revealing hidden treasure, "...or just tail these fine folks." He motioned to the passing students, adding a shrug.

While the teenager's purple peepers rested perhaps a tad too long on the energetic girl, for reasons which we won't delve into for the sake of professionalism,
Ain't even been 5 minutes you perverted cheating son of a double-sided Siamese Salamander.