• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Karma High Reboot: Superpower High School Roleplay (Main Thread)

Isaac Ashton

"Good to meet you too, Pax." Isaac could not help but notice this girl's unusual behavior as gently shook her outstretched hand before inquiring. "Not too good with crowds?" @=Nightshade=

Ilya Ashton

Watching the interaction between her brother and this new girl, Ilya decided she'd try to get a second helping of food. This time though, she went to the special line as her wolf side wanted something uncooked. Ilya relented because she was still hungry and she was still sporting her wolf muzzle. As she awaited her turn, she kept a close eye on her twin's conversation, praying he did not shoot himself in the foot.

5-Hour Energy Overdose

Riley bounced into the cafeteria, as the rest of her dormmates had made haste towards there as well. The blur of white and blue was quite active in the crowd, her purple eyes glittering as they scanned over each and every bit of food! Ohhhh man, there were so many options! She maybe passed by Pamela 3 times, Isolde 2, Pax and Isaac about 9 times... it would be best to end here lest this post become a mile long, but it was safe to say her ADHD-addled brain was running at Mach-12 and there was no contest.

Eventually, bouncing to a halt with a slight skid, Riley found herself standing before a selection of sugary Crepes... surely not a recipe for disaster, though the world could only pray. She picked up two, both covered in whipped cream, and one filled with strawberry and the other with raspberry. Eventually, she managed to track down Pomelo, the girl she had gelled so well with at the dorm, and in spite of not knowing the girl's... uncomfortability... Riley popped up behind her!

"Hey Pamelelelelelelela! Mind if I sit with you?" She asked with an energetic voice, before not even really waiting for an answer and swinging herself into the seat next to Pamela, which... well, hopefully the girl wouldn't get a headache.

@Inkage

#1"Please get Therapy" Girl 2024

Nera held her hands in her pockets, watching as Isolde quickly separated herself. She didn't mind if the girl necessarily wanted to stay by her, but she did feel bad that she was terrified. Regardless, she scanned the room, her eyes picking up the sights and the thoughts of the room as a whole. A lot of excitement. Much nervousness. Much enjoyment. Sadness. Gladness. Anger. Doubt...

"...I need to stop doing that." Nera muttered to herself as she rubbed her temples, the emotions of the room quite a bit too large to encapsulate in her own limited mind. She rubbed one of her arms, looking to the side, glancing to see her other dormmate, the one who had also had an altercation with Isolde. Arielle, if she remembered correctly. She seemed to have pretty handily found herself a seat, shrinking into the background. She nodded... that would be a good spot for her then, no way was she gonna get bothered.

Change was hard, so she didn't bother with any of the other cultural options and just got two softshell tacos. She knew she liked those anyways, though she doubted anyone could make them better than her mom did. Maybe that's just because her mom and her had literally undergone years of creating Nera's perfect tacos but-

Stop. Too much reverie, you're not focusing on reality.

...fuck, well, at least she caught it early this time. A rather annoyed expression crossed her face, as she sighed and sauntered her way back to where she'd seen Arielle... and sat down... silently beginning to dig in.

@Gold The Dragonite

Budget Moonveil

Tsugikuni lacked much tact when it came to... uh... much of anything besides art or swinging his weapon. But he did know when someone was in over his head. Desperately in over his head.

As he stood, nearly dumbfounded with a platter of gyozas in his hand, he watched Orion attempt to flirt vicariously through the target's sister, which made him nearly break down into laughter then and there. The rather swift way in which Andrew dismissed the odd young man and managed to make his way to a table with the... well he supposed all the food was free, but at least he didn't have to go pick it up. Tsugikuni ran his fingers through his hair from the side, his nails parting his well-groomed dark brown locks.

"...well, suppose I should keep him from..." he paused, and audibly chuckled as he rubbed his palm from his forehead to his chin. "...embarrassing himself... more? わたし た とても しんぱい して いる." (I am very concerned). He said the last part in his traditional tongue, almost jokingly in his sheer exasperation as to how Orion managed to get through the day. Still, before Orion could run off to... try and get another boy's sister's number, which just seemed honest to god convoluted, he grabbed the boy's shoulder.

"Hey, come on, I've got a perfectly good table over here... also probably better to actually ask the person and... not her sister. I've never... flirted, I guess, but that seems mildly more pertinent." He spoke, trying his best not to crack a joke or laugh at the sheer absurdity, but there was no way he could wipe his smile off his face. He sat down at a somewhat clear table, hoping he could keep Orion on a leash for now. A metaphorical leash for a metaphorical... unpredictable force of nature, as Tsugikuni now thought of Orion as. Such was the nature of chaos, he supposed. This year would be very, very interesting.

@RhythmThief

"I'm a shapeshifter...~"

Maya, meanwhile, was having a substantially more normal time in the cafeteria, mostly because a white-haired bolt of lightning had only passed her twice, and she wouldn't be caught dead trying to flirt on the first day. The unassuming girl walked to... just get a burger, it only made sense. The fries too, those would be a nice nice source of energy. None of her masks decided to come out. Or want to. She just guessed none of them particularly cared for burgers. She... she didn't really know why.

She adjusted her glasses, their glint gently shielding her expression as she decided on a place to sit down, and just blend in with the lunch room. It's... sort of just what she did. Regardless, as she walked and walked and walked, she spotted someone somewhat interesting, and given it was her first day, she decided to try and initiate a conversation for once. Okay, maybe it's just because they had an open nearby spot and talking would make it easier for her to take it and not be left standing for the entirety of dinner.

"Heyo, mind if I sit by you?"

Maya asked Gina, the girl she had noted, the burger on her platter smelling more and more delicious the more and more she didn't eat it. She was fucking HUNGRY, when did that happen? Did she waste all her energy doing something else? No, she remembered...

She forgot to eat lunch, that was it. She didn't even remember why, but if she had a free hand, she would probably perform a very very loud facepalm. Awaiting Gina's answer, Maya pretty much squirmed as she awaited the chance to... well... eat.

@Cmeriwether

Fuyuko Redtail
“Hmm? Oh! Um…h-hello Fuyuko…” Marcel stuttered as he adjusted his crimson hair as he tried to look perfect for her. A tide of crimson flushed on his face as he looked at her. “Y-Yes. Yes you can. C-Come…sit next to me.” Marcel gestured to the seat next to him with a smile, a very blush heavy smile. He had a lot to talk about with Fuyuko. Like getting to know her better and showing her something he doesn’t tell a lot of people.

(@Cmeriwether )

Fuyuko saw this as an opportunity to sit down with Marcel and talk to him, to learn more about him and his life, along with the possibility of being able to reveal more of her life, and little things to know during their meals. She then sat down next to him, her blush getting more intense.

"M-Marcel, a-anything i-interesting happen s-since y-you d-dropped m-me o-off?"

The blush on her face now became actually visible due to her skin tone. As such, she ate her chili a bit at a time, being attentive for Marcel when he said something.

Gina Shieldson

Gina had found her food, a good old plate of pasta, and various sauces to get an idea of what to eat in the future, when she had sat down at a table, preparing her sauces. Not long after she sat down and finished her sauces, she saw an unassuming, girl about as tall as her brother. She then heard the girl speak.

"I don't mind," Gina responded, "My Name's Gina Shieldson, what's your name?"

Gina looked through her pasta mix, still attentive to the girl.

@Cryronn the Mudkip

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
“Not really, my um….roommate Orion joked around about my attire I wore but that was about it. Um…so…” Marcel’s words drifted off as he didn’t want to make things awkward. Internally however, Marcel knew he had to make some kind of move to reveal part of his life to him. It would only be fair. So with a deep breath he pulled up his phone and loaded up a photo gallery he had called “Cover Songs”. It was time to tell Fuyuko something he rarely shared.

“Well, I um…I could start by saying that before I came here…Me and Samael actually formed a um…c-cover band. We were called um…Sulfuric Temptations. And um…y-yeah…I can um…play you one of our covers, if you want.” Marcel told her as he got out a pair of earbuds and plugged them into his phone, he slid one of the earbuds into his ear and offered the other one to Fuyuko. “Just um…let me know if it’s too loud and I can adjust it. I hope I adjusted it just right.” Marcel spoke as he loaded up their cover of the song Over and Over by Three Days Grace. He didn’t start the video in the gallery, just had it ready on standby.

“Our um…friend Lucien actually shot all of our covers and edited them for us. He’s such a cool dude for doing that.” Marcel smiled as he looked at Fuyuko, finally being able open with Fuyuko.
(@Cmeriwether )

"Andrew, yeah?"

Orion's eyes turned away briefly in an attempt to mask his excitement. With names exchanged, he was practically halfway there!

In the brief time that his gaze was averted, he caught sight of numerous bizarre phenomena occurring in the dining area, as well as some familiar faces beginning to make their appearances among the crowds of strangers.

Perhaps the most eye-catching among them - provided you weren't one to blink, anyway - was a hazy trail of white and blue careening over, under, and through the understandably mystified passersby. Only in the extremely brief and short-lived moments where the blur had stopped to ogle the myriad food options on display, their violet eyes wide with delight, did Orion notice it was a girl.

He pushed the distraction aside, remembering it was much more productive to pursue a select few at any given moment, and turned his attention back to his (hopeful) co-conspirator.

"So Andrew, tell me about...wait, where are you- come back! Please? ...Nice talk, nice talk. Damnit."

The teenager sighed as he allowed his target to slip away into the bustling throngs of fellow students, socializing in and around the plenteous tables scattered around the space.

"I knew I should've brought that pocket-sized fan to make my hair dramatically blow in the wind as I spoke. How could you resist someone who looks like they just walked off the cover of a romance novel?"

As he continued to speculate, lost in the world of possibilities and what could've been, he felt a gentle grip on his left shoulder, accompanied by a familiar voice.

"...Yeeeaaaaah, I guess you're onto something." Orion groaned childishly at Tsugikuni's suggestion of speaking directly to Gwen. If his motives were that obvious, then no doubt Andrew had read him like a kindergarten picture book. "Either way, thanks for the save man - Aaaah not that I needed it, but...like...y'know. Thanks anyway."

Shaking his head in self-disdain, he trudged over to the table his friend had claimed, taking a seat opposite.

Having secretly resumed his prior train of thought, he snapped suddenly "...Wait, I should've brought my magic 8-ball!"

Orion eyed Tsugi with a mischievous grin, the energy of the revelation having caused him to stand.

"After all, who needs awkward small talk when you have a little plastic orb to provide all the answers? 'Outlook not so good'... sounds about right. Then again, the last time I trusted that cursed little relic..." His smile slowly began to dissipate. "Well, long story short I ended up with a parking ticket and a restraining order...yeah, maybe leaving it was for the best."

He crashed back down into his seat with a deep sigh.

"It's tough being handsome, huh? How about you, dude? You say you've never flirted, but I get the feeling that's because you've never had to. " He inquired with a wink.

"Am I right or am I right? Yeah? Yeeeaaaah??"

Interactions: @Cryronn the Mudkip (Tsugikuni)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Pint-Sized Prehistory
Interactions: Isaac, @Draco Nightshade
Pax grimaced as the boy pointed out her rather obvious nerves. “No escape routes,” she explained, shifting her weight nervously and casting a glance behind her. “Not enough space.”

Pax at least felt oddly at ease around this boy. Though she could tell he wasn’t harmless, he wasn’t setting off the alarm bells of panic in her, either. She supposed that was a good sign; maybe this could be her first step in the exploration of “friendship”.

As the line moved forward and Pax reached the front, she blinked at the options offered at the stand. While none of the words labeling the dishes held much meaning for her, there were some letters she didn’t recognize. But she didn’t want to hold up the line, so the prehistoric girl hesitantly picked up a bowl labeled pho and stepped off to the side. It smelled good, but Pax was wary as always with trying new things.

The girl looked at Isaac, trying to form the words in her mind before she spoke them. “Have you had this before?” she asked awkwardly. “It is a…” Word, what’s the word, the hot water with meat… “…soup, correct?”

Isaac Ashton

Isaac nodded, though was slightly confused with Pax's initial response. Rather than pursue it any further, he looked to see if there was anything that was not piping hot, being sensitive to heat and not wishing to use his ability just to cool it down. When Pax asked if he had what she was holding, Isaac simply answered. "Not while it was hot." @=Nightshade=

Ilya Ashton

Finally getting to the end of the line, Ilya looked at the staff and asked. "Do you have any dead squirrels?" The person behind the counter sighed, obviously tired of having to work this particular line before leaving to get the order. They came back with a tray of half a dozen dead gray squirrels. Luckily Ilya was able to hold herself back as she took the tray back to her seat and began to viciously devour the carcasses in front of her.

Fuyuko Redtail/Melanie Redtail
“Not really, my um….roommate Orion joked around about my attire I wore but that was about it. Um…so…” Marcel’s words drifted off as he didn’t want to make things awkward. Internally however, Marcel knew he had to make some kind of move to reveal part of his life to him. It would only be fair. So with a deep breath he pulled up his phone and loaded up a photo gallery he had called “Cover Songs”. It was time to tell Fuyuko something he rarely shared.

“Well, I um…I could start by saying that before I came here…Me and Samael actually formed a um…c-cover band. We were called um…Sulfuric Temptations. And um…y-yeah…I can um…play you one of our covers, if you want.” Marcel told her as he got out a pair of earbuds and plugged them into his phone, he slid one of the earbuds into his ear and offered the other one to Fuyuko. “Just um…let me know if it’s too loud and I can adjust it. I hope I adjusted it just right.” Marcel spoke as he loaded up their cover of the song Over and Over by Three Days Grace. He didn’t start the video in the gallery, just had it ready on standby.

“Our um…friend Lucien actually shot all of our covers and edited them for us. He’s such a cool dude for doing that.” Marcel smiled as he looked at Fuyuko, finally being able open with Fuyuko.
(@Cmeriwether )

Fuyuko listened to Marcel attentively, hearing something about his roommate, named Orion, making comments on his initial attire, then she heard something surprising. That he was in a band, called Sulfuric Temptations. She then saw a earbud being offered, and took it so she could listen to what was going to be played.

"I-I'll l-let y-you know w-when we st-start," Fuyuko told Marcel, "T-that's i-impressive, b-between you in the b-band and y-your F-friend b-being able to s-shoot and e-edit v-videos."

Melanie had finally gotten out of the line in the Mediterranean section, after grabbing a Greek salad and two gyros, and sat down, looking at Fuyuko, surprised at how her sister was, due to her history involving boys running away from her after an incident which sent three people to the hospital after Melanie got targeted and tortured by some of the popular girls in their middle school. She was happy for Fuyuko, but was not going to bother them either, so she sat at a little table by herself.

Marx found a seat at a table and took a seat, placing his plates on the table as they made a small clattering sound. He looked at the food on his plate and contemplated about what he should start to eat first.

"I really wanna eat the best thing on my plate for last, but as hungry as I am I sorta just wanna ignore that entirely. Well guess the Chili and Bread are gonna eat eaten first."

The young man shrugged with a smile on his face, grabbing the piece of bread and bowl of chili, biting into the crunchy bread while bringing the bowl of chili up to his mouth to drink it.

MarcelGalliard790

“A-Alright…w-well….here we go.” Marcel hit play on his phone, hoping that Fuyuko would enjoy it. Marcel was always slightly self conscious of his voice. So while the song played, Marcel looked away and hoped that Fuyuko would enjoy it. Marcel would occasionally look at Fuyuko from time to time. His face becoming a soft red due to blush. The cinematography on the video was really well done. Each shot highlighting each member. The lighting also fit the mood of the song as well.

(@Cmeriwether )

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen
Interactions: Asuna ( @Cmeriwether )

Guided by the meandering trail of steam left by her dormmate, along with the stream of soon-to-be full-fledged students of Karma High, Gwen successfully made her way to the cafeteria. She slipped through the people, absent-mindedly grabbing some pizza while surveying the crowd. There were a lot of new faces - a slightly overwhelming amount, to be honest, but nothing Gwen couldn't handle!

Thankfully, she found a great starting spot in the form of Asuna; everything came easier to her when in the company of others. She began slithering towards the girl, a smirk forming on her lips, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She formed a bubble to withstand the weight of her food and to free up her hands.

"All alone on a Friday night?" Disregarding the fact it wasn't Friday and that it was more evening than night, Gwen snuck up on the redhead, half-whispering in a low tone as her hands tried to find a place on the victim's shoulders, deliberately slow to the touch.

However, the unerving mood Gwen intended was extinguished near-instantly by her own hands, a giggle escaping as she raised her arms in false surrender, and took a step back. "Just messing with ya! Hope I didn't cause too much of a fright," She apologized on the rare off-chance she could ever be regarded as threatening.

"Iori hasn't shown up yet, huh? Fret not, lone Asuna - Gwen's here to keep you company!" She grinned in consolation before addressing the dilemma that Asuna seemed to be faced with. "Trying to find somewhere to sit, eh?" Gwen's voice came to a crawl as she scrutinized the cafeteria, while popping her bubble and reclaiming her meal.

If her eyes weren't trying to deceive her, she would've actually believed Andrew was talking to someone, whom she recognized from on the way to the dorms. And if memory served her correctly, he also coincidentally guided Asuna along the right path. She counted two - no, three different expressions, despite their (naturally) feeble display from her brother. What did he possibly say to catch Andrew so off guard? She swatted the green-eyed monster away from her mind, turning back to Asuna.

"Hey, you ran into that guy on the way to the dorms, right? What was that all about?" She gasped at a possible revelation. "Oh, please tell me that was a meet-cute! How'd it go?" Gwen cut herself off from asking any more questions, clearing her throat and getting back on task.

"Sorry, getting off topic. We shouldn't be standing around here for too long. You can tell me all about it back at the dorms! Now, where do you wanna sit? 'Cause I can see a pair of cute girls over there,"

She gestured towards a girl with beautiful, bright brown hair and adorable glasses, and a white-haired girl whose charm was almost diminished by the (honestly) frightening, ravenous look aimed at her dinner - or desert, by the looks of it. Almost. "Or we can try to find an empty table, or something. Whatever you want!" She looked over to Asuna, awaiting her decision.

Andrew
Interactions: Samael ( @MarcelGalliard790 )

The moment the predator's scrutiny was subverted was when the prey had successfully scurried to the tables, slipping through the stream of students to a vacant safehaven. He peered behind him and watched animal control come from behind the horndog to take him away (to a different table, not the pound). Andrew was sure Orion was on the verge of asking a question as he retreated, but there was a 99.9% chance it was something irrelevant; he just had that kinda vibe.

Barely believing his company for the rest of the night would be himself and nothing else, he shut his eyes for a moment and exhaled. Obviously, things weren't going to go his way. If it did, he wouldn't be looking so morose all the time, now would he?

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding.

Leave it to Andrew to call his own bluff. He almost reached behind his back to pull the 'Kick Me!' sign or something of the sort someone must've stuck there earlier. Why else would people still be approaching him? At the very least, this made more sense than whatever Orion was trying, seeing as it was his dormmate, Samael (funnily enough, the one he's spent the least time with), who he crossed paths with when leaving the dorm.

Still, there were dozens of other people around, but no, go sit next to the guy with dead eyes, whatever. It's his funeral if he wanted 'bored to death' written on his tombstone. He looked up, watching Samael take a seat next to him and compliment his no-nonsense attitude.

"Cool," was nearly his response, as it was for practically every situation because of its versatility and simplicity. But seeing as this wouldn't be some one-word exchange like with Orion, and he'd see Samael on a day-to-day basis, he figured he might as well try conversation.

If anything would come out of his mouth, that is. Andrew was probably glancing at Samael for a good half-minute while slowly eating, silent as ever as he realized that he didn't know how to start.

"Just say whatever comes to mind, and then your brain'll start filling out the rest!" That was the advice he recalled his sister gave him after venting his troubles with conversating. Of course, when he tried to follow through, it usually ended up in the most fervent of flames. But before he could fully repel the unsuitable guidance, another one of Gwen's popped up. "If at first you don't succeed..."

God, he hated that phrase.

He nodded to Samael's flattery, finally beginning to speak after the longest minute of his life. "Sorry, zoned out for a second there." He excused himself. "But yeah, I'm not a massive fan of time-wasting." So far, not... completely terrible.

"So... Russia. You... move from there to attend here or somethin'?" Whether Samael was spelling it out for him to ask about it or just had so much love for the country it seeped real deep into his dialect, it didn't matter to Andrew. He was grateful, regardless, to be saved from the depths of social ineptitude this time around. At least less awkward than pure reticence as he originally planned, yet noticeably more stressful for the boy.

Arielle
Interactions: Nera ( @Cryronn the Mudkip )

After hearing distinct footsteps towards her and stop, Arielle ever so slightly lifted her blindfold to see who was there. Thankfully, it was only Nera. "Sorry for walking off without you..." She meekly apologised, almost hoping she didn't hear her in the first place as she was probably overreacting. But once that selfish thought fled her mind, she noticed her dormmate had quite the irked look on her face. "What's wrong?" She genuinely inquired before returning to her usual hushed tone. "A-ah, it's okay if you don't want to tell me... Sorry for intruding..." She went back to nervously poking at her food, feeling slightly intimidated by Nera's general aura.

Last edited:
Sanguine Abyss

"You're all right."

Nera responded quite frankly to the near inaudible question from her roommate. Her blood-dark eyes scanned the area around her, reading the room, as it were. Her expression seemed to soften as she ate, though eventually her furrowed brow was noted by the swarm-keeping girl, and she let out a long airy exhale, pulling herself up from her food, almost leaning out of her seat before snapping back into place, turning to face Arielle.

"...I'm good. I was just getting lost in the past again. There's too much to think of at all times. Maybe it's because of my power, but you end up paying a lot of attention to what your own thoughts are too, when..." she appeared to pause, as if she didn't want to continue. Mind Reading was a very scary power, and she thanked the stars above that she'd passed the ethics exam, otherwise she would not be in this school. Nera shook her head.

"It's nothing you need to worry about, I'm just irritated about how much I'm slipping into reverie today. So if you see me fading off into white noise, just shake me or some shit. I dunno, I can't make you do anything, I'm not your mom." The last sentence saw her tone lighten up, as she pretty much tried to crack a joke. She crossed her arms over each other and leaned against the table, downing the last bit of one of her tacos. "Think Isolde is doin' all right?"

@Gold The Dragonite

Babysitting Duty

"...the implications of what you have said stagger me to such an overwhelming degree that I cannot help but wonder how you're still alive..." God, he's almost like a live Sun Wukong, cheating death. A parking ticket and a r- no. No. He's not gonna get into it! If anything, trying to unpack pretty much anything Orion said or did in one lunch period was something Tsugikuni would never wish on his worst enemy. Even still...

...it was actually quite entertaining, and he found himself utterly baffled at how much he was enjoying the... antics, as it were.

"Regardless..." he spoke calmly as a gyoza was now firmly down the throat and into the stomach, the warm feeling of the delicious meal helping to calm his utter bewilderment. "...there hasn't quite been much opportunity for me to flirt in general. It's bad practice to flirt with sparring partners, and I was homeschooled for most of my life up until now. In... well, technically in years it would have been 4th Grade, we tried out a public school for a few months, but uh..."

He almost laughed thinking of the absurdity. "Well, to cut a long story short, there was an entire measles epidemic and my parents permanently pulled me from the class. A shame, to be honest, though I'm at least... rectifying that now, as it were." Another gyoza gone.

@RhythmThief

Lady's basically Majora's Mask Link with the amount of masks she's packing

"Maya Aofumi. A pleasure to meet you, miss Shieldson." Maya responded respectfully to the young woman, glad she had found a spot to sit. As she made herself comfortable, her food became an inviting force for her to stop being so tense, and to just let herself eat then and there, and be in the moment. As bites of her burger vanished into her mouth, she was utterly relieved she didn't have to pay for this burger... it was fucking delicious, but it'd probably be mega-expensive.

"...what's your own power, if you don't mind me asking?" Maya spoke up once more as to fill the void of silence in the air she had left behind after sitting down. She... always felt like she wasn't great at small talk, but it would be weird to switch to Celine right here just so she'd be better at small talk- and no way she was going to swap to Yasu or Valeria. Yasu would probably challenge the poor girl to an arm-wrestling match or something, and Valeria... would probably be even worse at small talk than she was.

Curses be, one of her masks made her even more pragmatic... though the masks were all extensions of her own emotions anyways, so she wasn't sure how surprised she should be, to be fair.

@Cmeriwether

Orion

The adventurer couldn't hold back his wide-toothed grin at Tsugikuni's exasperation.

To live life as the sun - eternally rising, running, and resting, never a dull moment in sight - had simply become his way of life. He'd always figured that if you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

He wanted to tell Tsugi as much, but the words never came. He simply sat there and smiled.

As his new friend recalled his experiences of partaking in 'sparring', and how being homeschooled due to a measles outbreak (seriously, how can he mention that with a straight face?! Orion almost laughed, damn it! Do you know how awkward that would've been?!) had resulted in limited experiences of that sort with the opposite sex, the jigsaw pieces slowly began to merge.

A few gyoza later, our enthusiastic explorer could peruse the entire picture now, and by golly was it glorious.

Orion looked at Tsugikuni impishly - or rather, someone sat a few yards behind him - and began rubbing his hands together as though he was a misunderstood genius plotting world domination. Well, that wasn't too far from the truth of things anyway...or so he would tell you.

"You're looking to 'rectify' that, are you?" He smirked. "素晴らしい (Wonderful). Wait here!"

With an encouraging pat on his friend's shoulder, Orion practically leapt out of his seat, pacing down the cafeteria past Tsugikuni until he'd come to face to face with his target.

"...Seriously, all these different cuisines on offer, and you pick carrots? Apple slices? Chicken sandwiches? Next thing I know, you'll be telling me you brought your own lawn mower to cut the grass outside - "

Upon meeting her dark purple eyes, Orion fought the urge to tell her he suddenly remembered he left the stove on at home. A regal-like quality about the girl soon became clear, one that evidently didn't take nonsense from anyone, and he began to wonder if she would prove to be beyond Tsugikuni's abilities, like booting up a game for the very first time and heading straight for the final boss.

"Ahem." He corrected. "A-Apologies. You see, I, um, no not me, my friend! My friend over there caught sight of you, and thinks real highly of you, so we were wondering if you'd, uh, come and join us?"

To think just one glance would reduce the Casanova to a blubbering sycophant! If not for his grand master plan, he'd have to start laying on the charm out of pride! Alas, his role in this tale was simply to bring the two of them together - her, a dark-haired maiden of mystery, and Tsugikuni, the misunderstood but refined gentlemen. A love story for the ages!

"And don't worry," He smiled sheepishly. "I won't make you walk all the way."

With a bombastic snap of his fingers, an oval-shaped gateway back to their table appeared at Orion's side. Through the portal, the lunch table he had left behind could be seen.

"After you, m'lady." He leaned forward into a half bow, hand on his heart, inwardly congratulating himself for being such a good friend.

....and because he had just noticed Andrew's sister and Asuna at a table not too far away, and he wanted to impress them with his chivalry.

But the friend stuff first, obviously.

Interactions: Tsugikuni (@Cryronn the Mudkip ), Kim (@Godjacob)

Kimiko "Kim" Takahashi
Interactions: @RhythmThief (Orion) @Cryronn the Mudkip (Tsugikuni)​

Kim had intended to enjoy her lunch in peace, but it seems the best laid plans go to ruin as a figure seemed to approach her table as someone came up to her and seemed to carry a swagger about them. Making a casual little diss of her meal choice which only caused the girl to roll her eyes as she finished up a sip of her water before she responded.

"I like a balanced meal. Makes for an efficient way to get the needed nutrients and energy for the day." Kim replied simply as she listened to this guy continue to speak. Though as he had that "swagger" or least the illusion he tried to maintain, seemed to wane and his words became more fumbled as he tried to get the point across. An invitation for lunch as it were, as it seemed a certain someone had their eye of her which caused her to raise an eyebrow.

Kim had the impulse to reject the offer, but she was reminded of the words of her mother that she always drilled into her head: Even if she was superior as a Takahashi she still had to show that modesty with her peers and such an invitation would be a touch rude to reject outright.

Especially given that he seemed to make a portal for her connivence of all things!

"...not sure that was necessary, I can walk but it is none the less appreciated. Suppose I can give your table the benefits of my presence. I appreciate and accept this offer." Kim said with just a touch of ego to her as she picked up her trey and walked through the portal to the table that this guy desired her to join as she took a seat seeing another young man who she presumed was the one Orion had spoken of.

"Good morning. I presume you are the one who your friend spoke of who thought highly of me?" Kim asked with an inquisitive tone as she had gotten settled.

Gina Shieldson

"Same to you, Maya Aofumi," Gina responded, "My power, well, my family passed power is called Structural Analysis, which allows me to look at a structure and get how sound the structure is, and some estimate of how to improve on it if it's not in top shape. My brother got a variant of this Power. However, I have a personal power that I would call Jealousy, it's official name is Reader of Romance, Jealousy Variant, where I can use people's Jealousy to fuel my physical capabilities, and can use this power to detect possible Jealousy from others."

She grabbed a bite of her pasta with a fork, as she thought about how her power could be used, especially that Jealousy power of her own.

"I wonder about your power myself, Maya." Gina responded.

@Cryronn the Mudkip (Maya)

Asuna Ryugetsu
Gwen
Interactions: Asuna ( @Cmeriwether )

Guided by the meandering trail of steam left by her dormmate, along with the stream of soon-to-be full-fledged students of Karma High, Gwen successfully made her way to the cafeteria. She slipped through the people, absent-mindedly grabbing some pizza while surveying the crowd. There were a lot of new faces - a slightly overwhelming amount, to be honest, but nothing Gwen couldn't handle!

Thankfully, she found a great starting spot in the form of Asuna; everything came easier to her when in the company of others. She began slithering towards the girl, a smirk forming on her lips, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She formed a bubble to withstand the weight of her food and to free up her hands.

"All alone on a Friday night?" Disregarding the fact it wasn't Friday and that it was more evening than night, Gwen snuck up on the redhead, half-whispering in a low tone as her hands tried to find a place on the victim's shoulders, deliberately slow to the touch.

However, the unerving mood Gwen intended was extinguished near-instantly by her own hands, a giggle escaping as she raised her arms in false surrender, and took a step back. "Just messing with ya! Hope I didn't cause too much of a fright," She apologized on the rare off-chance she could ever be regarded as threatening.

"Iori hasn't shown up yet, huh? Fret not, lone Asuna - Gwen's here to keep you company!" She grinned in consolation before addressing the dilemma that Asuna seemed to be faced with. "Trying to find somewhere to sit, eh?" Gwen's voice came to a crawl as she scrutinized the cafeteria, while popping her bubble and reclaiming her meal.

If her eyes weren't trying to deceive her, she would've actually believed Andrew was talking to someone, whom she recognized from on the way to the dorms. And if memory served her correctly, he also coincidentally guided Asuna along the right path. She counted two - no, three different expressions, despite their (naturally) feeble display from her brother. What did he possibly say to catch Andrew so off guard? She swatted the green-eyed monster away from her mind, turning back to Asuna.

"Hey, you ran into that guy on the way to the dorms, right? What was that all about?" She gasped at a possible revelation. "Oh, please tell me that was a meet-cute! How'd it go?" Gwen cut herself off from asking any more questions, clearing her throat and getting back on task.

"Sorry, getting off topic. We shouldn't be standing around here for too long. You can tell me all about it back at the dorms! Now, where do you wanna sit? 'Cause I can see a pair of cute girls over there,"

She gestured towards a girl with beautiful, bright brown hair and adorable glasses, and a white-haired girl whose charm was almost diminished by the (honestly) frightening, ravenous look aimed at her dinner - or desert, by the looks of it. Almost. "Or we can try to find an empty table, or something. Whatever you want!" She looked over to Asuna, awaiting her decision.

Asuna had been making sure her food was ready to go after it was picked up when she almost Jumped into the floor from someone speaking to her in a low whisper. However she turned around to find her roommate, Gwen, had said something.

"H-huh?" Asuna was slightly startled, then was relieved when it was her roommate, "You didn't, Gwen, I'm fine."

Asuna Ryugetsu suddenly turned really red, like her face matched her hair red after Gwen asked her about Orion.

"Y-yes I d-did, I-I g-got L-lost l-looking f-for t-the d-dorms, a-and h-he h-helped m-me g-get t-to t-the d-dorms, a-after I-I n-nearly c-caused a c-commotion. H-he c-called m-me h-hot, w-which t-threw m-me o-Off g-guard."

Asuna was steaming slightly from the top of her head, literally, due to her powers. As such, she followed Gwen's direction and nodded.

"Now's a good time as any."

@Gold The Dragonite

Fuyuko Redtail: Is currently blushing her head off after she started to listen to Marcel's cover.
“A-Alright…w-well….here we go.” Marcel hit play on his phone, hoping that Fuyuko would enjoy it. Marcel was always slightly self conscious of his voice. So while the song played, Marcel looked away and hoped that Fuyuko would enjoy it. Marcel would occasionally look at Fuyuko from time to time. His face becoming a soft red due to blush. The cinematography on the video was really well done. Each shot highlighting each member. The lighting also fit the mood of the song as well.

(@Cmeriwether )

Fuyuko had started to listen to Marcel's Band's cover of Over and Over by Three Days Grace. She was enjoying this, and was surprised, actually impressed. Fuyuko looked over to Marcel, blushing a little, and genuinely impressed with him. She caught his glance and looked back at her food, eating more of her Venison chili, as she turned back afterward.

"I'm impressed with your music," Fuyuko responded, still trying to keep herself from Stuttering, "Especially you, Marcel."

Fuyuko's face turned so red, it was visible.

Melanie Redtail

Melanie Redtail, from four tables away, was watching the events unfold as she ate her food. In one corner, two guys were trying to talk with the girl she almost hit with her sword, well, one was trying to introduce seemingly his friend to the other, and she was unsure if it was going well, she saw what looked like one of her roommates (Maya Aofumi) talking to a girl with a Gray streak in her hair, a blue haired girl talking to a blushing red-haired girl. Various other little interactions until she saw her half sister listening to music with the red haired male. She noticed how the two were looking at each other, then away. Melanie was internally laughing her head off at the two.

Isaac Ashton

Isaac nodded, though was slightly confused with Pax's initial response. Rather than pursue it any further, he looked to see if there was anything that was not piping hot, being sensitive to heat and not wishing to use his ability just to cool it down. When Pax asked if he had what she was holding, Isaac simply answered. "Not while it was hot." @=Nightshade=

Ilya Ashton

Finally getting to the end of the line, Ilya looked at the staff and asked. "Do you have any dead squirrels?" The person behind the counter sighed, obviously tired of having to work this particular line before leaving to get the order. They came back with a tray of half a dozen dead gray squirrels. Luckily Ilya was able to hold herself back as she took the tray back to her seat and began to viciously devour the carcasses in front of her.

Angus Bowie
—————————

Interaction: IIya
—————————

Angus shook his head as he snapped out of his slight panic, looking around the cafeteria again. His eyes falling on a girl with a wolves muzzle? Taking a deep breath he walked over to his table as he flinched watching her devour the squirrels on her plater. With a bit of hesitation he walked over to her table. Standing by a empty seat for a second or two he finally asked.

" Do- you mind if I sit here? "

He asked, his anxiety slowly creeped in. As he hoped he could it would be embarrassing if he couldn't. Mentally cursing himself he thought ' no, it was worth a shot, don't get anxious now! '. Sighing slightly he played with the sleeve of his cardigan waiting for the girls answer.
—————————

( So sorry its so late. but I hope you don't mind us interacting at this time )

Ilya Ashton

Just as Ilya bit the head off of the last squirrel on her plate, she heard someone ask if they could sit near her. Fighting the urge to snap at him, Ilya begrudgingly nodded. "As long as you don't try anything weird."
Deciding she needed a little more firepower, the rest of Ilya's head morphed into that of a white wolf, increasing her jaw strength and making short work of her meal. Letting out a small burp, Ilya wiped off her muzzle and popped a breath mint as her head reverted to human. Turning to Angus, she extended her right hand and introduced herself. "Sorry about that. I'm Ilya Ashton." @-[ Just Vibin ]-

Pamela
Pamela looked up and squinted at the pixie stick talking to her.

...OH! Yeah, one of her roomates. Riley. Pamela stopped squinting and gave her counterpart a goofy, full smile.

"Sit away, partner! How ya' doin?" Pamela looked at Riley's plate and let out a low whistle.

"Sure that's enough desert? I mean, I think you left some behind. Maybe that's why you're so hyped all the time!" Pamela flexed her arms dramatically and said, "I'm naturally energetic! Thanks to my power, anyway. I exude caffeine from my pores- did I say that before? I feel like I said that before. Deja vu. Odd." Pamela shrugged and stuck a fork into her choice of food- a burrito. Apparently she wasn't paying attention to what she was eating, because she was not only eating with a fork, but she was trying to spoon it like cereal. Maybe Pamela was a bit disoriented. She was. Pamela didn't function well in crowds; the noise filled her concentration until it became hard for her to respond to questions.

However, Pamela willed herself to focus now in this seemingly casual conversation. "Speaking of powers- what's yours? What does it...do, exactly? Is it, like, super cool and badass? Do you have multiple? I have two! So tell me about your powers! They've gotta be badass, even if you only have one." Pamela put down her fork and leaned forward, hands on her lap, in intense interest.

Pamela wanted to know just what she could be making friends with. Pamela guessed a form of speed-enhancing power, or something to do with sugar. Powers often showed in people's personalities, and as Riley seemed a bit excitable, Pamela was willing to bet on her guesses.

"Tell me all about them; I LOVE hearing about powers. Really!"

@Cryronn the Mudkip

Melanie Redtail

Melanie had been looking around the room, seeing the events, especially Fuyuko listening to Music and such, when one of her spirits suddenly possessed her. The Revolutionary, George Washington, had possessed her, giving her more confidence to speak to people. She looked around to see a red Haired short male. As she finished her food, she decided to go over to the male, who was actually shorter than her, to their surprise. Melanie had a grip on her sword so she had control of the sheath, as last time, she almost whacked someone with it.

"Hello, there, I'm Melanie Redtail," Melanie responded.

The Revolutionary's ability activated, which suddenly increased Melanie's mood, and hope. The same should happen to those that maybe in the radius.

@Inkage (Was told Cinead is in Cafeteria, setting up interaction.)

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen
Interactions: Asuna ( @Cmeriwether ) Pamela ( @Inkage ) Riley ( @Cryronn the Mudkip )

Gwen gave a nod as Asuna recounted their encounter, before her smile, perhaps for the first time that day, faltered into a frown. However, it quickly restored itself with a nervous laugh.

"He called you what?" While she didn't expect such a... direct approach for a first-time meeting, it did prove to be effective, echoed the devil's advocate within her - the evidence being Asuna's face impressively matching the same shade of her hair. The poor girl was left buffering by the (presumed) smooth talker twice in one day!

Speaking of the purple-eyed devil, who was seemingly making more rounds around the cafeteria, this time with a dark haired damsel. Although this only left Gwen more skeptical, since he was left floundering like a fish the moment the girl's head swerved towards him. Either Asuna was fairly easy to sway, or that girl simply had the power to shake people to their core, supernatural or not. Perhaps both.

She faced the floor with a few shakes of the head and a sigh. Something in the back of her mind told her to keep an eye on him whenever possible. If anything, it'd just be taking a page out of his book, since she could've sworn the guy was stealing glances at the two just then. (While performing quite the courteous curtsy, she'll admit.)

With Asuna looking ready to follow her lead, the raging red that covered her skin at the mere mention of a person slowly dissipating, she pushed down her nervousness with a smile, as she always did, walking up to the girls she had spotted prior. "Hi!" She started out simple, approaching the two already sat at their own table and seemed to have just started conversation. "You two mind if me and my friend, Asuna, take a seat with you? I'm Gwen, by the way." She introduced the pair, anticipating her camaraderie to be reciprocated - if their lovely smiles were anything to take note of, they seemed friendly enough. "We're good company, honest~"

Arielle

Arielle stopped eating momentarily, not expecting Nera to hear her, let alone respond. "I feel like that too sometimes," She sympathized in response to Nera's confession to overthinking, although it seemed to be on a deeper level for her, as she stopped talking when it came to her power. Arielle thought nothing of it; she was surprised to receive an answer in the first place. Who was she to start crossing boundaries?

She found herself softly laughing at Nera's joke, and after hearing her request to prevent her from being whisked away to dreamland "Can do!" She accepted with a faint smile. Arielle continued to eat until Nera spoke once more, now inquiring about their dormmate. "I could try to find her," she proposed, lifting her blindfold ever so slightly as the green cloud zipped towards the throng of hungry people still present, keeping a keen eye out for the shrinking violet.

"I can see her," Arielle reported soon after locating her other dormmate involuntarily playing bumper cars
. "She's still trying to get food, and by the looks of it, she's crying," Arielle frowned in sympathy for Isolde, a worried expression growing on the blindfolded girl's face. "I don't know what to do..." Her voice trailed off, uncertainty being the only thing clear in her tone. "There's just too many people surrounding her. I hope she gets out of there alright..." She sounded defeated, despite keeping a watchful eye on the sitting duck. "I hate seeing her like this... Do you think there's anything we can do?" She turned to Nera, as her own mind had run blank of ideas.

We're all gonna be Stars!

"Ohhhh! That's such a cool power! Hehehe, maybe I have it too, my mom tells me that if I were to ever drink caffeine I'd be out the troposphere and off to space!" Riley giggled to herself, sitting down next to Pamela as she listened to the girl talk even more. "Ohhh, and come on, everyone knows sugar rushes are just Placebo, right? ... Maybe? I think I'm just regurgitating a fun word that I head to be honest, I can never really be sure!"

She rubbed behind her head, eating her crepe with a fork... which is the proper way to eat one, compared to the current oddity before her eating a burrito with the same utensil. Riley didn't even take notice, as she was too busy thinking... and then a duo of girls asked to join them! She gave them a chipper smile and a thumbs up! "Of course friendos! Gwen and Asuna... those are cool names! But yeah, take a seat... I'm pretty sure Pamela doesn't bite, but no promises for me~" She gave a sharp smile, like a little gremlin, continuing her thoughts about her powers while the new duo sat down.

"Wellll... I've got this one called 'Breakthrough'! It's... primarily a utility, to be fair, but basically on... generally less than a couple feet thick surfaces, I can go through them! Like uhhh-"

She reached up her hand, and full force slammed it down into the table. For a moment, the trio of girls probably thought Riley was gonna break her hand or the table, instead, with a bit of resistance like she was punching through honey, her hand popped through the top of the table and out the bottom. She grinned like a dork and pulled it out, and while her arm was inside, the area around her arm appeared to slightly ripple like water. She then continued- "but yeah yeah, that's a little lame... but my main BIG GIRL POWER is called Rush Hour! Basically, think of like... bike gears! I can increase my speed according to shifting up and down gears, with each taking more stamina! Baseline I'm Gear 0... but I can ramp up my speed to differing levels of intensity. The maximum anyone in the family has reached is Gear 5, but..."

Her grin laid the groundwork for her incoming horrible pun- "I'm hoping to make a ~breakthrough~ and reach gears beyond that, truly becoming the fastest Riley Deimi ever! Hehehe~" She giggled to herself, before shaking her head and leaning across the table towards the new duo-! "By the wayyyy~! I overheard you guys talking about love stuff? Apparently there's some-" she held a smirk "-heartthrob running around... hehehe, well, consider me the master of love in this school-" blatant lie "-so you can drop all the juicy drama~ I mean... I dunno much about tips for boys, cuz I'm a girl-liker myself."

"riley," her subconscious chastised her, "why did you say that at a table with only girls? Not very subtle, huh???" as Riley realized this, she appeared to visibly shrink away and completely zone out for at least 10 seconds, her cheeks now a slightly more vivid shade of pink.

@Inkage @Gold The Dragonite @Cmeriwether

Damn Cryronn, that last post was long. What a nerd.

Nera appeared to grow pensive at the idea of coming to her rescue. Clearly the girl was overwhelmed, with the last vestiges of her connection to the girl fading in and out... with mostly thoughts of utter helplessness. She shook her head.

"...listen, I'd love to help out, but I'll be straight-" hah "-and say that if I try, she might take it as me trying to attack her again... and I'm trying, emphasis on the trying part, to get on her good side... I'd rather have her as a friend, and especially when she's a dorm mate, it would be... preferable to have her on amicable terms."

She rubbed the side of her head, appearing to be rather at a loss for what to do. She crossed her legs, turning her blood red eyes to Arielle to gauge how she was feeling. As unsure as she was, so it seemed... great, just lovely. Well, this is what you get when you make friends with other introverts... well, if she and Arielle were already friends, she supposed. Part of her... harbored slight doubts she could claim that so fast.

She opened her eyes and exhaled. "I... I really don't know what to do. I can..."

"...to a certain extent, copy people's powers... uh... we could make a big swarm and sort of... slide the people near her... away from her??? I... I'll be honest, I'm working on a cursory understanding of your power here, so uh... if I'm dead wrong and we can't do that, I apologize. I just thought if it IS possible, two swarms are better than one... I also uhh... don't wanna completely cause chaos... but..." Nera couldn't help but begin to laugh, planting a hand against her forehead.

"Man, I never do this, especially for someone I just met... eh, whatever, I can't back out now... mission save Isolde, I guess???" Nera was entirely exasperated, the idea of literally summoning a swarm to literally move people out of the way of a terrified dorm mate... that was... really an idea she had??? Since when was she even remotely that cool.

@Gold The Dragonite

"no orion stop don't please i i don't oh my god he's going over oh my god he's talking oh my g-"

Tsugikuni was... completely bereft of anything going on his mind, having been thoroughly... gobsmacked, for lack of a better term. He didn't even know what to say, his mind running at about 2 frames per second as Orion hatched a brilliant... matchmaker scheme??? Was that the intent? He had to say, he didn't fully mean for his phrase of "missing out" to mean specifically romance. He could go without, honestly, but now he had a respectable young woman at his table, and a rather pleased with himself Orion to deal with too.

The brown haired boy managed to reboot, his yellow eyes closing as he fixed his ponytail and cleared his throat. No time for outburst... it was time to take a measured response. After all, this wasn't the battlefield, no need to act on impulse. Besides, just his luck, a Takahashi- at least likely. He couldn't be 100%, but she certainly looked the part. Perhaps a good time to improve inter-clan relations. Or... maybe not improve, more establish. The Takahashi and Ginhoshi clans were rather separated... after all, they originated from different parts of Japan in the first place... no matter. Think. He opened his eyes, upturning them to Kimiko and speaking rather plainly-

"Welcome. Although it was not by my own designs that you were brought here- Orion acted on his own in this regard- it's always nice to have another voice at the table... especially now." his look gave Kim all the information she needed about the nature of his current... pickle. Regardless, he continued- "Still, what is your name, miss? I am Tsugikuni Ginhoshi, it's a pleasure to meet you. I apologize on behalf of Orion for disturbing you, though your company here is still a positive thing to have." He assured her, not holding any grudge towards Orion's actions... he simply did not understand them.

At all.

@RhythmThief @Godjacob

It's always nice to have a side-plot

Maya uncrossed her legs as she listened intently to Gina explain her power. Resentment and Jealousy were emotions she tried not to tap into herself, even though they were only human. She softened up, however, noting that... Gina didn't appear to have any... well... qualms with that being her power. As long as they're comfortable...

She cleared her throat and shrugged. "Mine is a bit more direct and probably... less esoteric than your's. I have a direct... dexterity improvement, I suppose. It's my Trickster power, and it's simply enhanced technique and hand-eye coordination. My more... interesting power is my Chromatic Masquerade... I can don different cultural masks to take on a new persona, as it were... changing name and enhancing... one of my base personality traits, I believe."

She giggled a little. "I guess maybe it is a little esoteric, huh? I'll run down the list..."

She swiped her hand across her face, causing a blue masquerade mask to appear, and donning the bright blue appearance of a beautifully dressed French dancer, accompanied by shades of beautiful oceanic blues and seafoam chromas. She giggled to herself with a bit more ego than before- "The illustrious Celine D'Aguessaeu, Lady of the Lake~"

Then again. Her form almost broadened as her outfit turned into a traditional black jacket, appearing as some sort of hellish Japanese biker or gangster- with her mask a burning bright kitsune mask with a glaring expression. Her lips were held tight, and her posture was more bold and powerful- "Yasu Yamamoto, and don't you forget it."

And then, finally, once more, her outfit remained black, but it became a slim-fit suit, giving her an extremely gracile and lean figure, her hair returning to a darker shade, now a deep cobalt blue. Her mask was a traditional day of the dead mask, and she appeared serious, taciturn, and maybe slightly macabre- "Valeria Romero."

As she swiped her hand for the last time, she returned to normal, letting out an exhale. The rapid swaps kinda knocked the wind out of her! "Uhhh... but yeah. That's my big power. Uh... I mean, It's kinda cool...~" She rubbed the back of her head, now slightly embarrassed. Imagine she went through all that effort to switch between her masks and her power was lame to Gina or something.

@Cmeriwether

Spider-Crackhead (Literally)
Miles scanned the cafeteria. A few decent looking people. Not many with the same skin tone as him (well, only one, really). And even frickin' Dean Emery of all people had less of a headache than him. Don't ask how they knew each other. Seriously. Miles decided to walk up to some random people, one of which seemed to have had his brain running at 30 frames per (googolplex to the power of) 69 (trillion) years before another person walked up to them. Maybe.

"I got the biggest motherfuckin' headache of my LIFE," he said to himself, not knowing everyone in a 3-meter radius could hear him, "Probably shouldn't have done that web zip- yeah that was a bad idea--"

"Sorry if I was interrupting something," he apologised, wondering if it was even necessary, "Just... headache- that is all I'll explain- all I'll say is headache."

@Cryronn the Mudkip @RhythmThief @Godjacob

Ilya Ashton

Just as Ilya bit the head off of the last squirrel on her plate, she heard someone ask if they could sit near her. Fighting the urge to snap at him, Ilya begrudgingly nodded. "As long as you don't try anything weird."
Deciding she needed a little more firepower, the rest of Ilya's head morphed into that of a white wolf, increasing her jaw strength and making short work of her meal. Letting out a small burp, Ilya wiped off her muzzle and popped a breath mint as her head reverted to human. Turning to Angus, she extended her right hand and introduced herself. "Sorry about that. I'm Ilya Ashton." @-[ Just Vibin ]-
Angus Bowie
—————————
Interaction: IIya

—————————

" Angus, Angus Bowie "

He responded with a awkward smile. Not expecting the wolf head shift, and shift back. But what can he say it's a school full of super kids. Angus extended his hand taking the hand shake, shaking her hand he let go cringing slightly. He's not used to touching new people but he'll make do.

" But it's fine. I wont- Don't think I could get away if anything if I tried.."

Sitting down at the table he let out a small sigh of relief, he didnt have to eat alone at a corner table. Angus's head tilted as one of his beetles that left with the flowers returned. It landed on the table near his hand and crawled onto it. With a nod he lifted his hand up and placed the beetle near his neck letting it join the others under his cardigan.

" Uh- Sorry about that they had a delivery to drop back at my dorm. This one came back to say it was delivered. "

He explained awkwardly, hoping the girl would think something fishy was happening. Angus didn't want to end up in a wall.

—————————

Last edited:
Orion

Fighting the urge to allow his euphoria to carry him into the stratosphere, Orion managed to control himself into a simple fist pump. Do the masculine charms of this handsome devil know no bounds? Alas, his job here was done, and now, to witness the birth of a new legend!

With a surreptitious glance at the two girls' table in the distance (W-Were they watching?! YES!), our matchmaker supreme sauntered through the gateway of his own fabrication. With a stylish swish, flourish, and twirl, the elated teenager clapped his hands to close the portal.

As it shrunk down into a dark purple sphere, eventually blinking out of existence, he leapt back into his seat, which welcomed him with the remains of his half-eaten burger, along with several straggling fries scattered about the surface aimlessly.

As he opted to give the remaining items on his plate the honor of bestowing nourishment upon the greatest wingman of the current century, he watched the exchange between his dear polished patrician and this majestic mademoiselle with the animation of a 13-year-old girl texting her newest beau, lying on her stomach, legs kicking the air and head bobbing side to side with wonder and excitement.

Every glance, every syllable, every casual parting of bangs or reveal of the palm - it all contributed to one thing, and one thing only.

Getting the other person to fall head over heels with you.

So infatuated, so intoxicated by the idea of being yours that they'd do anything for it. Leave them in a daze, dreaming over your tiniest idiosyncrasies until they can't imagine themselves, their life, without you.

Then they'd stay with you forever, right? They'd...they'd never leave you behind. You'd never have to be alone anymore.

That's what the plan usually was, anyway. But what Orion was currently witnessing was more bereft of passion than that one mime he met at a rock concert a few months ago. What was this, a business conference?

He continued to listen in, and almost spat out his food.

'Good morning?' It was -

He glanced at his watch.

It was 16:55PM! (Oh dang, was there meant to be a speech or something? He hoped whoever's speaking had a sense of humor as big as their shoes to fill, or they were all in for a snooze-fest!).

The travesties did not stop there.

'Not by my own designs'? 'ACTED ON HIS OWN?!' 'APOLOGIZE FOR - '

...Never in our lady-killer's days had he felt so betrayed. To think he'd gone and procured such a fine young woman for his dearest friend to get to know, only for his efforts to be dashed! What profound sadness!

Still, Orion took a deep breath. Perhaps it was only because of his inexperience that Tsugi didn't know when a golden ticket lay at his feet.

No problem! Maybe Tsugi was a visual learner!

Looks like I'll have to provide a live demonstration on how to secure the bag!

For perhaps a moment, he felt a twinge of what miiiight have been guilt, considering he was about to 'steal' the girl he'd originally wanted to set up with Tsugi. Still, this was for his own benefit, to see a master at work! Besides, she didn't 'belong' to anyone, right? Not only had they all just met, but this girl definitely didn't seem like the type who'd submit to anybody.

Well, not yet, anyway. A Casanova has his methods, after all.

Feeling the charisma beginning to well up within his chest, altering his posture, polishing his smile, and sharpening his gaze, it was when he opened his mouth to begin his latest conquest that he noticed the voice that came out was unfamiliar.

...You gotta be kidding me.

The purple-eyed hunk slowly turned his attention toward the newcomer, glad to see another (presumed) person of his ethnic background, but less glad that they chose the worst possible time to interrupt, not to mention with a potty mouth that would make the chicken farmer Orion used to intern with jealous.

This was bad. Thanks to this guy's lack of self-control, not only had the (admittedly pretty dry) vibe of their discussion been compromised, but they'd started to receive suspicious stares from nearby tables. What if the other two were still watching?! Crap baskets.

"..oooOOH, hey man, what're you doing here?" Orion exclaimed, standing up. "I haven't seen you in forever! Got a headache, huh? That must be why you're so irritable right now."

Glaring at the newcomer, Orion hoped they caught on to their unwelcome presence here, and did their best to cooperate with the next step.

"No worries! I got some painkillers back at my room. Come with me. Now."

Deciding that he'd rather not do the walk of shame back to the cafeteria entrance, he snapped open another portal, this time absent of any showmanship he displayed prior. Through the gateway, the sky glowed a soft orange with the sunset as afternoon morphed into evening.

With just enough aggression to make any onlookers think the two were old friends (...and maybe just a smidgeon more aggression on top of that), he clamped his hands down on the interloper's shoulders, practically pushing him through the portal. He'd explain once they were on the other side.

Once the other dude was through, Orion looked back at Tsugi - partly because he didn't have the courage to see what expression the other girl was currently donning, feeling as though he'd turn to stone on the spot if he dared glance.

"You can do this!" He spoke through his resolute eyes. "When I get back, you should have at least a theme for your wedding and 3 of your children named! Go forth, and carry my dreams into the future!"

With a nod, he rushed through the portal himself, closing it before his victim could scramble back through.

He took a deep breath, and turned slowly to his new companion.

"...Thanks a lot, dude. Now I have a headache too."

Interactions: Tsugikuni (@Cryronn the Mudkip ), Kim (@Godjacob), Miles (@D34N.U5R)

Kimiko "Kim" Takahashi
Interactions: @Cryronn the Mudkip (Tsugikuni) @D34N.U5R (Miles) @RhythmThief (Orion)​

Kim took her seat on the table, a bit of an unexpected chain of events but she was determined to keep her poise and a casual air about her even with this sudden pivot far as where she had been seated. The guy seemed to have not spearheaded the idea as the guy who led her here had led her to believe, seemed that they were both pawns to his bit of matchmaking which caused her to roll her eyes. Was there so few people at this school who could be considered "reasonable" Kim had thought to herself? Regardless his name seemed to catch her intrigue a bit as she focused on Tsugikuni.

"Ginhoshi? I did not expect to meet a member of that family at this school, I am Kimiko Takahashi though I prefer to go by Kim." Kim explained with her formal tone and elegance that had been standard to her by this point. The Ginhoshi were a respected family in their own right as Kim had heard from her family (Her grandfather especially) though they had originated from a different area of Japan than the Takahashi family. None the less establishing a connection with this guy seemed to be something they'd scream in her ear to do and just seemed logical enough.

Even given the context for how this meeting had come.

Course a new face seemed to arrive by their area, one that complained of a headache though he seemed to only add to the issue with his rather constant yapping and even peppering some language that Kim seemed to scoff at.

"What you should apologize for is that vulgar language of yours. Having a touch of civility isn't a crime." Kim said the young man who spoke as if he had literally zipped by their table of sorts. Was just a casual misuse of powers a trend among her peers here? She worried of the lack of self control on that front but had kept such thoughts internalized...

Either way his presence seemed to cause the portal maker to tip conversation, Kim seemed to believe he wanted to stir up conversation but that was at best a guess given that his focus seemed to shift to the newcomer as he seemed to also be irritated by his presence though Kim had no reason to understand why as he seemed to offer to help the peer with his headache and led him through a different table.

Though Kim had picked up that he seemed to glance back at them, Tsugikuni in specific.

As they had left, Kim took a bite of her sandwich and sighed as she glanced at the Ginhoshi family member. "You have an...interesting friend." Kim mused a bit with a slight deadpan as "interesting" seemed to be a choice description but she tried to keep polite with her word choice.

Pamela Oswald!
Pamela turned herself quickly to accompany the arrival of two new girls at the table. She titled it, regarding the two with interest and a slight skepticism.

It was not often that teens got the courage to interact with people unnecessarily. Pamela smiled at them; the same goofy grin she gave Riley, to subtly convey that she considered them of equal standing towards her, which was technically true; potential useful allies.
"Pamela Oswald at y'all's service! I've never bit a day in my life- The only thing I like to bite is food!" She stabbed her burrito for a bit of emphasis. "I for sure can't speak for Riley. I'm decently sure she's a biter." They tapped Riley's shoulder, laughing. She drew away her hand as Riley explained their powers, and clapped as Riley demonstrated 'Breakthrough'.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S SO COOL!" Pamela said with genuine joy. Oh, Pamela was happy indeed! What a useful power, going through walls and such. Much more than Pamela was able to do. "WITH the speed power? What a combo...Maybe your parents did it on purpose...hmm..." Pamela mumbled the last part to herself, keeping her voice low so that Riley wouldn't be able to hear the potentially offensive comment. Putting on a look of thought, Pamela rested her elbow on the table. After a beat, she brightened and smiled at the other two girls. She piggybacked on Riley's rib on 'love stuff', saying "Heartthrobs just want some quicky or something. They're scum on earth, I swear. Not worth thinking about," she scoffed, her carefree expression dropping for a second. She hated easy people. But her carefree expression picked back up again as Riley continued to talk.

"Ooooooohhhh, a lesbian at the table, huh?" Pamela teased. "Well, you could try your luck with me, Riley. I'm about 50/50 on the 'guy liking' thing. Girls have their charms too~" Pamela briefly posed with her hands behind her head, laughing. "Buuuuut....More important conversation..."

"What about our guests, huh? What kind of powers do y'all have? Just as, like, an icebreaker question. Because sexuality ain't really the kind of 'icebreaker' I'm lookin' for..."

"Love the hair, by the way, Gwen! It goes so well with those deep blue eyes of yours. Not in like, a flirty way though. I myself always wished my eyes were a deeper blue. I sometimes wish my hair was pink, too- such an attractive color. So, why don't we start with you and then Asuna? What're your powers, Gwen?

@Cryronn the Mudkip @Gold The Dragonite @Cmeriwether

Cinny-man!

Cinead had been in the Cafeteria for a while; he was one of the first, he'd seen it all! Tall kids, short kids, fat kids, wild kids! Kids with fangs, fish, actual just-dogs that had to be removed from the premises. He was happy, standing alone and watching the people, as he had finished eating a long time ago. As he was people watching, though, a GIRL approached him! "Ah, time and time again I am surprised at the supermodel-like quality everybody has here! It's so different from Ireland," he said, appraising her and saying his thoughts aloud. "Cool sword! You carry that everywhere? Some people would find that off putting. G'day, Mel-o-dy! I'm Cinead! Sin-e-add!" He didn't seem conscious of the mistake he made on her name. "You're pretty. What does Redtail mean? Is it your real last name?"

"Are you doin' good? I'm doing great!"

@Cmeriwether

Milliara Rakoto
Marx found a seat at a table and took a seat, placing his plates on the table as they made a small clattering sound. He looked at the food on his plate and contemplated about what he should start to eat first.

"I really wanna eat the best thing on my plate for last, but as hungry as I am I sorta just wanna ignore that entirely. Well guess the Chili and Bread are gonna eat eaten first."

The young man shrugged with a smile on his face, grabbing the piece of bread and bowl of chili, biting into the crunchy bread while bringing the bowl of chili up to his mouth to drink it.

The young teen looked around at the events of the Cafeteria after setting up their dorm. The Resident assisstant of the dorms had been watching, seeing a young boy alone, eating chili. As they looked over, they wondered about possible insecurities that the various students may have. As Milliara had realized, he was alone. No one should have to go through that, especially on the first day. They then approached the young boy.

"Hello, do you mind if I sit with you, I noticed you're alone." Milliara asked the young boy.

Gina Shieldson
It's always nice to have a side-plot

Maya uncrossed her legs as she listened intently to Gina explain her power. Resentment and Jealousy were emotions she tried not to tap into herself, even though they were only human. She softened up, however, noting that... Gina didn't appear to have any... well... qualms with that being her power. As long as they're comfortable...

She cleared her throat and shrugged. "Mine is a bit more direct and probably... less esoteric than your's. I have a direct... dexterity improvement, I suppose. It's my Trickster power, and it's simply enhanced technique and hand-eye coordination. My more... interesting power is my Chromatic Masquerade... I can don different cultural masks to take on a new persona, as it were... changing name and enhancing... one of my base personality traits, I believe."

She giggled a little. "I guess maybe it is a little esoteric, huh? I'll run down the list..."

She swiped her hand across her face, causing a blue masquerade mask to appear, and donning the bright blue appearance of a beautifully dressed French dancer, accompanied by shades of beautiful oceanic blues and seafoam chromas. She giggled to herself with a bit more ego than before- "The illustrious Celine D'Aguessaeu, Lady of the Lake~"

Then again. Her form almost broadened as her outfit turned into a traditional black jacket, appearing as some sort of hellish Japanese biker or gangster- with her mask a burning bright kitsune mask with a glaring expression. Her lips were held tight, and her posture was more bold and powerful- "Yasu Yamamoto, and don't you forget it."

And then, finally, once more, her outfit remained black, but it became a slim-fit suit, giving her an extremely gracile and lean figure, her hair returning to a darker shade, now a deep cobalt blue. Her mask was a traditional day of the dead mask, and she appeared serious, taciturn, and maybe slightly macabre- "Valeria Romero."

As she swiped her hand for the last time, she returned to normal, letting out an exhale. The rapid swaps kinda knocked the wind out of her! "Uhhh... but yeah. That's my big power. Uh... I mean, It's kinda cool...~" She rubbed the back of her head, now slightly embarrassed. Imagine she went through all that effort to switch between her masks and her power was lame to Gina or something.

@Cmeriwether

Gina had noted the Trickster power, which seemed like a Support power, like Structural Analysis. Then, what seemed to be the main power hit. Gina watched as Maya's frame changed slightly as a blue mask appeared, noted as Celine D'Aguessaeu. Then a what looked like a Japanese mask appeared, changing her frame slightly as more biker clothes appeared in place of the French Dancer outfit, noted as Yasu Yamamoto. A slim-fit suit took the place of the biker clothes when the last mask, which came from the Day of the Dead, and noted as Valeria Romero. Gina was trying not jump up and down from learning some of the intricacies of the Power of the person in front of her.

"This is amazing! The most unique power I've seen! I think you should show that to my brother Omar, he loves helping people with their powers, if you need help with it!" Gina was excited about this power, "He kind of sticks out with his Long Grey Hair and longcoat! He should be easy to find!"

What Gina Shieldson didn't know, was that Maya actually came across Omar Earlier and got him in the right direction.

Omar Shieldson

Omar Shieldson had been eating dinner, but with a bit of difficulty, especially since that girl was nearby, the green eyed girl that he thought was cute. He then looked back at the cute girl, seemingly a friend had joined her. This was slightly relieving for Omar, but he was still slightly worried. He then started eating calmly.

Marx jumped a bit from the girls voice, almost checking on his food, as he had been so focused on eating that he had been tuning everything else out thus far. The young boy turned his head to look at her, chewing slightly as he stared at, quickly swallowing his food before answering her.

"Yeah, I don't mind if ya sit with me. If I'm being honest I was sort of getting lonely, being here by myself and all... well other then the food to keep me company." He chuckled at his last response. "If ya want I can also share some food as well, you're probably hungry to after all."

@Cmeriwether

Miles Morales
The crack in his skull nearly worsened as people seemed a little pissed off at him. Jeez. The Japanese (at least he thought, he didn't know) girl as well. Probably because of his F-bomb. "Alright, I admit, I could've used something more PG-level, but jeez, you don't have to be mad about it," he said, "I know you're proabably not mad, but-"

And then he was thrown into a portal.

"FU-- ow," he exclaimed as he slammed into the floor. Jeez. Purple eye was pissed off. And he made a comment about also having a headache now. Brilliant. Just. Motherfuckin'. Brilliant.

"All right, listen, Doctor Strange Junior, that was not the plan," he said as he walked up the wall to his left, "Just got a crack in my skull, that's all." Then he put his hand on his head and- oh, fuck, he was bleeding.

"Shit, I'm bleeding, aren't I?" he said to himself as he looked at his hand, "Oh, fuck, yeah, I am bleeding."

@RhythmThief @Godjacob

Milliara Rakoto
Marx jumped a bit from the girls voice, almost checking on his food, as he had been so focused on eating that he had been tuning everything else out thus far. The young boy turned his head to look at her, chewing slightly as he stared at, quickly swallowing his food before answering her.

"Yeah, I don't mind if ya sit with me. If I'm being honest I was sort of getting lonely, being here by myself and all... well other then the food to keep me company." He chuckled at his last response. "If ya want I can also share some food as well, you're probably hungry to after all."

@Cmeriwether

Milliara looked at the young man, and suddenly her hand started turning to honey. She attempted to stop it and it seemingly hardened into a hand shape again. She then turned off her power, particularly Mini-me.

"I'm fine, I ate earlier, I had to be here early for dorm related things, Milliara Rakoto, by the way," Milliara asked, "What's your name and Power? I'll explain my two, one is called Repairs, where I can make minor repairs to objects and sections of structures, however, my main power, this one has gotten people a lot of help, Mini-me! This power Allows me to copy the power of anyone I've seen, at half capacity, however there are some limitations."

Milliara had wondered about what powers could be seen in a school this prestigious, their own power, what they can learn about themselves, their schoolmates and the one in front of them.

=Nightshade=

Jurassic Park Remnant

Pax frowned. Now she was only more confused. He hadn’t answered her second question— had she been wrong? Was it not a soup? Was there a different word, and had she just made a fool of herself? And besides, what did he mean by ‘not while it was hot’? Wasn’t soup supposed to be hot? She blinked a couple times, trying to make sense of it all, before she shook her head slightly. Clearly interacting with normal people was far more complicated than her father and her therapist had made it out to be. And the only conversation had been of soup! Pax could only imagine how complex conversations about other humans would be.

“…Okay,” Pax replied eventually as she waited for Isaac to get his food. You can’t just stop talking and expect conversation to continue, right? “Um… do we, eh, do we… sit down? Tables. At tables.”

Not in an empty cave to hide from predators. Everyone out in the open. Seemed like a death trap to Pax, but everyone seemed to be fine with it. She had become… more or less fine with the act, herself. Complacency! Or progress with assimilation, as old Theo called it.

“Wherever there is space? Together, or am I irritating?”

Isaac Ashton

"Yeah, soup is usually best enjoyed while hot, but I'm not good with heat." Spotting a fruit salad, Isaac grabbed a bowl of it. Pax was an interesting character, he had to admit but she was also a little bit clueless. "How about we sit over there with my sister? She's a little feral, so she is protective of her food. But otherwise, she's a decent person." @=Nightshade=

Ilya Ashton

"Nice to meet you Angus." Noticing how Angus was acting she decided to try to lighten things up in her own way. "Hey, I don't usually get physical with people. I usually pretend I'm going to bite them if they try anything funny. Not to mention that I'm protective of my meals. I promise, I have a no-biting policy." Spying the beetle and Angus's interaction, along with his explanation Ilya shrugged her shoulders before inquiring. "So, your power deals with insects?" @-[ Just Vibin ]-

MarcelGalliard790

Marcel, The Prince blushing to a dragoness
Marcel blushed and looked away. “Th-Thank you…Fuyuko. I’m surprised that uh….you weren’t…surprised by the um…theme of the song.” Marcel finished his sentence as his blush became a crimson. The theme of love was ever prevalent not just in the cover, but in the song in general. Marcel was quick to shake his head before loading up a new cover for them to listen to. One that wouldn’t be so lovey dovey. But it was tough for him to land on one. So he took a moment and then finally found the next cover. One that Marcel knew he was proud of vocally, Fine Again by Seether. A song Marcel and his band covered for a friend back at their old academy who was feeling depressed and lonely.

Samael, Russian At Heart
Samael shook his head a bit. “Not exactly. I was born and raised in Russia. However, I did move here, but before coming here to Karma. My first American school was an academy by the name of Calypso, in Vermont. I did a lot while I was there. But, that is best saved for another time comrade. Maybe when it’s just us and not with a bunch of ears trying to listen in. But, I can give you an idea of what I did.” Samael smiled as he pulled out a headline of a newspaper in Vermont he kept with him that read “The Burning Skull: Midnight Assassin.”

(@Cmeriwether @Gold The Dragonite )

Milliara Rakoto

Milliara looked at the young man, and suddenly her hand started turning to honey. She attempted to stop it and it seemingly hardened into a hand shape again. She then turned off her power, particularly Mini-me.

"I'm fine, I ate earlier, I had to be here early for dorm related things, Milliara Rakoto, by the way," Milliara asked, "What's your name and Power? I'll explain my two, one is called Repairs, where I can make minor repairs to objects and sections of structures, however, my main power, this one has gotten people a lot of help, Mini-me! This power Allows me to copy the power of anyone I've seen, at half capacity, however there are some limitations."

Milliara had wondered about what powers could be seen in a school this prestigious, their own power, what they can learn about themselves, their schoolmates and the one in front of them.
Marx finished his bowl of chili, sitting it down on the table and facing her asshe spoke, his eyes lit up as she talked about her powers and he couldn't help but be intrigued.

"Woah! That sounds like some super powerful abilities ya got there! Oh, right my name, I'm Marx Novak, my power is pretty simple. I can turn whatever part of my body into honey at will, it can liquefied, solid, viscous or even crystallized if I wanted it to be."

He lifted up one of his hands, it slowly shifting into crystal honey as he waved it in the air, grinning at getting to show off his abilities to someone new for the first time.

Orion

"Oh, you've got a crack in your skull alright if you think - "

The teenager's impending tirade was halted by the slow drip of crimson droplets onto the floor, staining the otherwise pristinely cut and well-kept grass outside the cafeteria. Whoever the groundskeeper was, meticulous as they must've been, would not be happy.

"F-For real? How did - how are - whaaa?!" Orion stammered. For the first time since that one afternoon he tried to eat ice cream with chopsticks, our portal shifter was dumbfounded. Is this how he appeared to other people...?

He dismissed the thought completely - no, he knew how to be smooth and just endearing enough to balance out any annoyance that might arise due to his, well, personality.

"...I have so many questions." He sighed. "But maybe we can hold the interrogation for after you've fixed the whole, y'know, brain leakage thing you got going on here. Look on the bright side, though - you probably haven't got much to lose anyway."

With his frustrations now properly vented, Orion crouched down, eyes locked on a single random point in the ground as he contemplated their next course of action. Before long, he snapped his fingers, and a small circular portal with the diameter of a steering wheel appeared to his right. Casually, he stuck his hand in, rummaging and reaching for an item in particular.

"How did I forget where the MQ is already? Still, this school ended up being way bigger than it looked on the pamphlet." He exclaimed after yanking through his Adventurer's Log. The beagle that resided on its cream-coloured hard cover, who he'd affectionately named Scooby, was laying down peacefully in a grassy field as Orion flicked through the pages with gusto.

"...ah, yeah! Right by that funky looking place with the grids and holograms. Okay, gotcha!"

Once he'd quite carelessly tossed the tome back through the gateway (sincerely hoping it hadn't crashed into any of his roommates' things, or his glass collection of 'World's Most Fragile Objects'), he reached a hand out just below the injured joker, and concentrated.

Within a few seconds, a fresh purple oval came into existence. Through the opening, a sleek, modern building stood resolutely, with the words 'Medical Quarters' present in glossy steel signage.

Exhaling, he walked up to the gateway's side, and then looked up at who might've been their first patient today - then again, with how liberal his peers were with power use (himself included) perhaps the duo would have some company.

"Alright Sticky Steve," He called, jamming a thumb backwards through his freshly created masterpiece. "Hop off that wall and let's get you fixed up. I'd rather not have to explain to the mortician how you got stuck in a real-life game of human velcro."

Interactions: Miles (@D34N.U5R)

=Nightshade=

Silly Saurian

Pax blinked. He ‘doesn’t do well’ with heat? He had said before that she ‘didn’t do well’ with crowds. Maybe he was as averse to warmth as she was to other people. That would make sense. It was nice that speech parallels occasionally worked out like that, Pax mused. It was annoying that sometimes they didn’t, though. Still, it piqued her curiosity. “Why not?” she asked.

At Isaac’s mention of his sister, Pax nodded. That was one concept she had no problem grasping; even dinosaurs had siblings, members of the same clutch of eggs. Although Pax doubted in human society it was commonplace to eat one’s siblings. She smiled slightly, albeit nervously, at the mention of the girl being feral. “I… don’t think being… er, wild… is a bad thing,” Pax mumbled. Certainly no thoughts of another feral gal going through her head, nope, not at all.

Isaac and Ilya Ashton

"Well..." Isaac scratched the back of his head before raising his hand, palm up and materialized a small pebble of ice about the diameter of an American half-dollar coin. "I control ice. I can either freeze others or materialize ice into different shapes. Long story short, fire and ice don't mix."
Dropping the small ice ball into his bowl, Isaac then clarified. "My sister is actually a werewolf, and very protective of her food. Her pack mates, even more so."
Isaac then lead Pax to his sister's table, noticing someone else sitting there as well. "Nice to see you made a new friend, Sis. This is Pax." @=Nightshade=
"About time you got over here. What took you so long?" Turning around, Ilya then noticed Pax. "Oh, hello. I'm Ilya and this is Angus. Angus, this is my twin brother Isaac. Has my brother been bothering you?" @-[ Just Vibin ]-

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Woo, bubble machine!
Interactions: Riley ( @Cryronn the Mudkip ), Pamela ( @Inkage ), Asuna ( @Cmeriwether )

"Thanks!" Gwen grinned, taking a seat while witnessing Riley casually flip off the laws of physics. "Ooh! Impressive," She clapped, her laughter mingling with awe for the display of powers, that and her little pun. Naturally, attention were to come to the newcomers, and she was up for batting first.

"Ah, a fellow pendelum, I see," She smirked at Pamela's dismissal, apparantly allergic to the words 'swings both ways'. "And thanks for the hair compliment. Y'know, I've toyed around with the idea of dyeing it blue, but always ended up chickening out last minute," Gwen admitted, satisfied with her contribution to the conversation.

However, the inevitable question came her way - it was to be expected in an environment like this, after all.

"Oh, you're in for a real treat," She quipped, her voice laced in irony, as her hands clasped together. With a flick of the wrist, a lone bubble emerged from her palms, the size of its emanator. It floated along a precise path towards the small audience she had, the only discerning feature being its iridescent hue.

"My first power's basically party tricks - well, half of it is. With the other half, I plan to revolutionize the cleaning industry," She announced, showcasing the residue of her latest demonstration with her hands covered in suds. "My hands are detergent makers, and then I can make bubbles with 'em. Crazy, I know," She explained her first power, not bothering to elaborate further. What else was there to say?

The brunette blew into her hands, drying them for the most part. The excess fluid scattered into the air in the form of a myriad of meager bubbles now surrounding their table, the centerpiece that she first created drifting towards her.

"My second power is to be able to change a liquid's fluidity, but it also applies to these little guys," The translucent sphere nestled into Gwen's palm, demonstrating its newfound resistance as she dropped it onto the table. The bubble splattered against the surface, before reforming to its natural ball shape with a new gel-like consistency and staying by her pizza's side.

"Ta-da. Wish I could show you more, but I lost the genetic lottery," She concluded with a shrug and light laugh, not wanting to dampen the amiable atmosphere. "As for Asuna, it's not the biggest surprise her first day started out a bit... steamy," She snickered at her own wisecrack, alleviating her disinterested timbre. "Show 'em!" Gwen encouraged her with geniune enthusiasm, washing away her bored tone and clearing the stage for her.

How could this rescue mission possibly go wrong?

Arielle continued to survey the situation at hand, hearing what Nera had to say. Unfortunately, she was right - any attempts by them would end up most likely seen as an attack. But would it be possible to help her anonymously? Her eyes would've lit up behind her blindfold, if she had either at the moment, at Nera's idea.

"T-that's possible! When they're really grouped up together, they become tangible and could move the people aside," The eagerness in her voice as she explained her ability ran dry after another thought. "But then we would be making an uproar over there, wouldn't we? I don't want to cause anyone else trouble..." Her enthusiasm waned as she grappled the potential consequences.

"....I'll follow your lead," She hesitantly decided, the weight of her decision evident in her voice. Arielle took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing thoughts. "I should warn you though. I can't communicate with others using my power... so if Isolde doesn't die of a heart attack, chances are she'll end up a deer in headlights because she won't realize someone's trying to help her." Her voice trailed off with a frustrated exhale. "What if we scare her even more, o-or worse, we cause a stampede? I don't want to make things worse for her..." Conflict still paraded Arielle's mind, but she trusted Nera's judgement. She wanted to help as much as she wanted to. "T-tell me when you're ready. If you're ready..."

I fear for my life
Interactions: Samael ( @MarcelGalliard790 )

"Oh, yeah?" Andrew responded idly, eating his burger while staring off to space as Samael spoke. "What'd you do in Vermont for it to be such a big secret?" Andrew's attention was directed back to Samael, swallowing the bite of food he took. Although he would find that his food nearly came back up twice as fast, his eyes widening a sizable margin as they focused on the newspaper he was presented.

"Wow, that's, uh..." He struggled to think of words, still processing the ones on the newspaper. He didn't expect for Samael to actually tell him, let alone show concrete proof. "...definitely one of the headlines of all time." Now, Andrew'll be the first person to say he struggles to come up with replies that aren't laced in sarcasm, but how in God's name is anyone supposed to respond to that? "Oh, I've heard about this! Great job on that killstreak of yours, pal, keep up the good work!"

Obviously, those words never saw the light of day. He was just given a hundred different reasons not to mess with Samael.

"Nice to see someone proud about their work," Andrew mustered up, taking notice of Samael's smile that he really didn't want to delve further into. "The school take a blind eye at it, or... are you just that good?" A meaningless question, when given more thought, unless Karma High was normally lenient on assassins. And if so, the upcoming year just became a hell of a lot scarier.

Marx finished his bowl of chili, sitting it down on the table and facing her asshe spoke, his eyes lit up as she talked about her powers and he couldn't help but be intrigued.

"Woah! That sounds like some super powerful abilities ya got there! Oh, right my name, I'm Marx Novak, my power is pretty simple. I can turn whatever part of my body into honey at will, it can liquefied, solid, viscous or even crystallized if I wanted it to be."

He lifted up one of his hands, it slowly shifting into crystal honey as he waved it in the air, grinning at getting to show off his abilities to someone new for the first time.
Milliara Rakoto

"So this is Marx's Power," Milliara thought, "Interesting, if any issues come up, I can study the power for a day or two and potentially learn what the problem is. This is true for any one, provided their power is within my limits."

As Milliara looked to see what Marx was doing when his hand turned to honey, and crystallized. She then had a realization, this must be Marx's Power. She must have Mini-me'd his power earlier, before she explained how Mini-me! works. She then looked at Marx, blushing a bit at the enthusiasm.

"Thanks, I don't hear that often. This is one of the more unique powers I've seen, I was wondering why If you want to see how my power works, I'll try to gain a quick glance towards someone else." Milliara responded.

As Milliara looked around, seeing all of the interactions around the room, they spotted someone who looked alone, and came into eye contact with the person quickly, a grey haired young man with purple eyes, then back to around where Marx was. Milliara wondered about what power they got.

"I just copied someone else's power, but what power I don't know." Milliara responded, then dropped her head on the table.

That would have normally hurt, but it seemed like it did very little to hurt them.

"Odd, did I gain some sort of defensive power?" Milliara asked Marx.

Fuyuko Redtail
Marcel, The Prince blushing to a dragoness
Marcel blushed and looked away. “Th-Thank you…Fuyuko. I’m surprised that uh….you weren’t…surprised by the um…theme of the song.” Marcel finished his sentence as his blush became a crimson. The theme of love was ever prevalent not just in the cover, but in the song in general. Marcel was quick to shake his head before loading up a new cover for them to listen to. One that wouldn’t be so lovey dovey. But it was tough for him to land on one. So he took a moment and then finally found the next cover. One that Marcel knew he was proud of vocally, Fine Again by Seether. A song Marcel and his band covered for a friend back at their old academy who was feeling depressed and lonely.

Fuyuko Redtail was blushing intensely, enough for her blushing to be visible, which was something impressive considering her enthic background.

"I'm... S-surprised, t-to b-be h-honest, b-but t-this w-was a-amazing." Fuyuko admitted, then responded, "I-I-I'm r-ready f-for t-the n-next s-song, I-If y-you're w-willing."

Fuyuko was getting interested in this, to her surprise. She shook her head to keep her mind clear, and will try to figure out this later.

Asuna Ryugetsu
We're all gonna be Stars!

"Ohhhh! That's such a cool power! Hehehe, maybe I have it too, my mom tells me that if I were to ever drink caffeine I'd be out the troposphere and off to space!" Riley giggled to herself, sitting down next to Pamela as she listened to the girl talk even more. "Ohhh, and come on, everyone knows sugar rushes are just Placebo, right? ... Maybe? I think I'm just regurgitating a fun word that I head to be honest, I can never really be sure!"

She rubbed behind her head, eating her crepe with a fork... which is the proper way to eat one, compared to the current oddity before her eating a burrito with the same utensil. Riley didn't even take notice, as she was too busy thinking... and then a duo of girls asked to join them! She gave them a chipper smile and a thumbs up! "Of course friendos! Gwen and Asuna... those are cool names! But yeah, take a seat... I'm pretty sure Pamela doesn't bite, but no promises for me~" She gave a sharp smile, like a little gremlin, continuing her thoughts about her powers while the new duo sat down.

"Wellll... I've got this one called 'Breakthrough'! It's... primarily a utility, to be fair, but basically on... generally less than a couple feet thick surfaces, I can go through them! Like uhhh-"

She reached up her hand, and full force slammed it down into the table. For a moment, the trio of girls probably thought Riley was gonna break her hand or the table, instead, with a bit of resistance like she was punching through honey, her hand popped through the top of the table and out the bottom. She grinned like a dork and pulled it out, and while her arm was inside, the area around her arm appeared to slightly ripple like water. She then continued- "but yeah yeah, that's a little lame... but my main BIG GIRL POWER is called Rush Hour! Basically, think of like... bike gears! I can increase my speed according to shifting up and down gears, with each taking more stamina! Baseline I'm Gear 0... but I can ramp up my speed to differing levels of intensity. The maximum anyone in the family has reached is Gear 5, but..."

Her grin laid the groundwork for her incoming horrible pun- "I'm hoping to make a ~breakthrough~ and reach gears beyond that, truly becoming the fastest Riley Deimi ever! Hehehe~" She giggled to herself, before shaking her head and leaning across the table towards the new duo-! "By the wayyyy~! I overheard you guys talking about love stuff? Apparently there's some-" she held a smirk "-heartthrob running around... hehehe, well, consider me the master of love in this school-" blatant lie "-so you can drop all the juicy drama~ I mean... I dunno much about tips for boys, cuz I'm a girl-liker myself."

"riley," her subconscious chastised her, "why did you say that at a table with only girls? Not very subtle, huh???" as Riley realized this, she appeared to visibly shrink away and completely zone out for at least 10 seconds, her cheeks now a slightly more vivid shade of pink.

@Inkage @Gold The Dragonite @Cmeriwether
Pamela Oswald!
Pamela turned herself quickly to accompany the arrival of two new girls at the table. She titled it, regarding the two with interest and a slight skepticism.

It was not often that teens got the courage to interact with people unnecessarily. Pamela smiled at them; the same goofy grin she gave Riley, to subtly convey that she considered them of equal standing towards her, which was technically true; potential useful allies.
"Pamela Oswald at y'all's service! I've never bit a day in my life- The only thing I like to bite is food!" She stabbed her burrito for a bit of emphasis. "I for sure can't speak for Riley. I'm decently sure she's a biter." They tapped Riley's shoulder, laughing. She drew away her hand as Riley explained their powers, and clapped as Riley demonstrated 'Breakthrough'.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S SO COOL!" Pamela said with genuine joy. Oh, Pamela was happy indeed! What a useful power, going through walls and such. Much more than Pamela was able to do. "WITH the speed power? What a combo...Maybe your parents did it on purpose...hmm..." Pamela mumbled the last part to herself, keeping her voice low so that Riley wouldn't be able to hear the potentially offensive comment. Putting on a look of thought, Pamela rested her elbow on the table. After a beat, she brightened and smiled at the other two girls. She piggybacked on Riley's rib on 'love stuff', saying "Heartthrobs just want some quicky or something. They're scum on earth, I swear. Not worth thinking about," she scoffed, her carefree expression dropping for a second. She hated easy people. But her carefree expression picked back up again as Riley continued to talk.

"Ooooooohhhh, a lesbian at the table, huh?" Pamela teased. "Well, you could try your luck with me, Riley. I'm about 50/50 on the 'guy liking' thing. Girls have their charms too~" Pamela briefly posed with her hands behind her head, laughing. "Buuuuut....More important conversation..."

"What about our guests, huh? What kind of powers do y'all have? Just as, like, an icebreaker question. Because sexuality ain't really the kind of 'icebreaker' I'm lookin' for..."

"Love the hair, by the way, Gwen! It goes so well with those deep blue eyes of yours. Not in like, a flirty way though. I myself always wished my eyes were a deeper blue. I sometimes wish my hair was pink, too- such an attractive color. So, why don't we start with you and then Asuna? What're your powers, Gwen?

@Cryronn the Mudkip @Gold The Dragonite @Cmeriwether

Woo, bubble machine!
Interactions: Riley ( @Cryronn the Mudkip ), Pamela ( @Inkage ), Asuna ( @Cmeriwether )

"Thanks!" Gwen grinned, taking a seat while witnessing Riley casually flip off the laws of physics. "Ooh! Impressive," She clapped, her laughter mingling with awe for the display of powers, that and her little pun. Naturally, attention were to come to the newcomers, and she was up for batting first.

"Ah, a fellow pendelum, I see," She smirked at Pamela's dismissal, apparantly allergic to the words 'swings both ways'. "And thanks for the hair compliment. Y'know, I've toyed around with the idea of dyeing it blue, but always ended up chickening out last minute," Gwen admitted, satisfied with her contribution to the conversation.

However, the inevitable question came her way - it was to be expected in an environment like this, after all.

"Oh, you're in for a real treat," She quipped, her voice laced in irony, as her hands clasped together. With a flick of the wrist, a lone bubble emerged from her palms, the size of its emanator. It floated along a precise path towards the small audience she had, the only discerning feature being its iridescent hue.

"My first power's basically party tricks - well, half of it is. With the other half, I plan to revolutionize the cleaning industry," She announced, showcasing the residue of her latest demonstration with her hands covered in suds. "My hands are detergent makers, and then I can make bubbles with 'em. Crazy, I know," She explained her first power, not bothering to elaborate further. What else was there to say?

The brunette blew into her hands, drying them for the most part. The excess fluid scattered into the air in the form of a myriad of meager bubbles now surrounding their table, the centerpiece that she first created drifting towards her.

"My second power is to be able to change a liquid's fluidity, but it also applies to these little guys," The translucent sphere nestled into Gwen's palm, demonstrating its newfound resistance as she dropped it onto the table. The bubble splattered against the surface, before reforming to its natural ball shape with a new gel-like consistency and staying by her pizza's side.

"Ta-da. Wish I could show you more, but I lost the genetic lottery," She concluded with a shrug and light laugh, not wanting to dampen the amiable atmosphere. "As for Asuna, it's not the biggest surprise her first day started out a bit... steamy," She snickered at her own wisecrack, alleviating her disinterested timbre. "Show 'em!" Gwen encouraged her with geniune enthusiasm, washing away her bored tone and clearing the stage for her.

"H-he c-called m-me h-hot, i-in m-more w-ways t-than o-one." Asuna responded, with some blushing.

She then realized that Orion sent a glance her way, which was not helping her face, at all. Steam came out of her head, literally. Then the white haired girl pushed her hand through the table. Asuna was surprised, and she can drop into shadows. She then heard Pamela speak to her and Gwen about powers. Gwen went first, sending bubbles into the Air, then having one bubble in hand and sending it at the table, the bubble met the table with a lot of resistance. Asuna was surprised a little by her roommates power.

"Hello, I am Ryugetsu Asuna," Asuna was calmed by this point, "My powers are Steam Engine and Loom in the Shadows, however, I am a second degree black belt in Karate."

Asuna then dropped in the shadow made by the table. If they were looking, they would see Asuna was gone, then she popped back out of the table's shadow. Asuna was worried, but surprisingly energized due to Pamela's power. However, Gwen called out to Asuna to go ahead with her main power.

Suddenly, steam started releasing itself from the pores of her skin, eventually filling part of the room, mostly around the area that Gwen, Riley, Pamela and herself were. The steam started disappearing when Asuna stopped producing steam.

The Guy With a Brain
He'd seen so much in the last (what felt like) 3 hours already. The next Spider-Man crashing into (and denting) the wallls of Karma High. Some white-haired girl bouncing off the walls at Mach 12 like a crackhead to the power of Jim Carrey. A girl that is basically the Dragon King/Queen, but human. Doctor Strange Junior. A girl that could turn into paper. A girl that basically turned the air into a cappucinno. Discount Human Torch. And there was still so much more he wanted to know. And all the while he had been tempted to say the f-word 1715 times a second (yes, he could do that).

And then he saw something. A newspaper headline. Something about an assassin. He had to see this. He walked over unnoticed at normal speed for once and looked closer.

The Burning Skull? He'd heard of whoever the hell that was. One of the people (that he could see) looking at the headline was dead calm, maybe even smirking while the other sounded kind of terrified. Trust me, he knew the signs. Especially the subtle ones.

Whatever the deal, he had reasons to be excited about a sparring match with a specific one of them. And reasons to piss himself (which he didn't).

As much as he tried to stay unnoticed, he wanted to say something.

"My best friend would be terrified if he met the Burning Skull himself," he said, "I did my research while I was on vacation in Vermont; don't remember how many kills he got on average in a single night, but it was a good bit over 100, and Braedyn's not really that strong, unless you count that 17-year-old asshat who's nose he broke earlier." He chuckled to himself. How the fuck was he supposed to remember how many kills the Burning Skull had? He didn't have photographic memory. He hid the fact that he knew which one of them was the Burning Skull, because people. That's all he needed to elaborate. Then he held the urge to make the dirtiest joke known that he knew (his friend Marcus knows dirtier jokes).

@MarcelGalliard790 @Gold The Dragonite

Spider-Kid
When he finally jumped (well, more accurately flipped) off the wall, Miles was on his was to the medical quarters through a portal. "Everything's bigger than it looks on the pamphlet," he said, "Anyway, sorry about any ruckus I caused, that wasn't the plan, I just wasn't thinking straight." Then he finally walked through the portal.

"By the way, I'm Miles Morales," he told whoever the hell opened the portal. He knew who opened the portal, he just didn't know who he was.

@RhythmThief