• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Seems Alexis was ignored. Not the first time, ha ha! Who would have thought someone in crimson robes would be so good with stealth? I guess it makes sense that they didn't notice her Umbreon, as it's used to stealth.

Seems Alexis was ignored. Not the first time, ha ha! Who would have thought someone in crimson robes would be so good with stealth? I guess it makes sense that they didn't notice her Umbreon, as it's used to stealth.

I intend to respond to Alexis and Amelia when I post, just got home from work so I hope I can get something up after dinner.

Interested in posting an oc, myself.
I saw your take on Pokémon from outside Kanto; only if it’s obtained a lore-friendly way.
So how are you addressing evolutions that didn’t appear till later generations? Pokémon like Seadra or Goldbat, who gain an additional evolution with minimal requirements later down the line.

Would be easy enough to just expand the pokedex to include all native Pokémon evolutions/baby forms. Simply say they’re rarer or require trainer intervention or whatnot.
If I’m not mistaken it would increase the Kanto Dex from 151 to around 180, accounting for how many evolutions/baby forms were introduced later.

Somewhat related question- are we acknowledging all types introduced after Gen 1? Or are we pretending fairy types and the like don’t exist?

Last edited:
So sorry for such a late reply, been a bit occupied.

@~Nilion~ I think evolutions after Kanto are fine, such as Golbat being able to evolve into Crobat. However, younger evolutions, say Pichu’s being the predecessors to Pikachu’s, would not be found in the Kanto region. And the Kanto Pokédex would still only have 151 Pokémon, later Gen evolutions would simply count as an entry to a different dex.

Also, all types exist as of the latest release, including fairy types and the like.