• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed L4D:B2S OOC

Who is the best Left 4 Dead Survivor?

• Total voters

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Roleplay Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/left-4-dead-blood-2-spill.23696/

Welcome to the unofficial, poorly-named, roleplay-version of Left 4 Dead 3, or Blood 2 Spill, or B2S if you wanna get real nice with it.
Considering this is a roleplay, and clearly not a playable video game, sacrifices will have to be made. Like less focus on killing zombies and getting from point a to point b, and more focus on lore, characters, relationships, plot, and world-building. So if you came here looking to make five posts about your character slaughtering hordes of zombies, well I'm sorry to tell you this, but you've come to the wrong place.

Left 4 Dead 1 took place in Pennsylvania- mostly.
Left 4 Dead 2 took place in Georgia, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
So Blood 2 Spill will continue this east coast legacy, and we'll be making our way back up and start in the overrun New York City, located in the state of New York.
We will have 4, fresh new survivors plucked from around the same starting point in terms of the timeline as L4D1 began.

Introducing, the first movie;

BREAKING NEWS
They're not the only ones taking a bite out of the Big Apple.

New York is overrun, and the survivors have eaten the last of their rations. They don't know each other very well yet, but they know that the only way they're getting out of this city alive... is by sticking together and blowing the hell out of anything that stands in their way.

The stage is set, but the story... is yours. Well, and any other roleplayers. And mine. You should know that this roleplay only has room for FOUR individuals. I already claim that first spot, so that means only THREE more people can join.
What kind of person will your survivor be? And can we all make it out of this alive?
Guess you'll have to find out by joining Left 4 Dead: Blood 2 Spill.

Now make some cool characters.

Name:
Age/Gender:
Ethnicity:
Hometown:
Skills & Experience:
Personality:
Appearance:
Brief Biography:
Nickname:
Appearance:
Abilities:
Weaknesses:

I will not be taking first come first serve, I will wait to have a substantial amount of roleplayers, levy their skills as well as their average posting time, and it will all weigh into my decision of who to accept, and who to reject. Also, it'd probably be best if you already have prior experience with the L4D series. Just sayin'.
So if you're one of those people who post once a month, get yo ass outta here. Nobody wants that.
If you're new to roleplaying, I'll consider you. This isn't intended to be a serious roleplay. This is for fun. We can go wild with this shit.

So please, enjoy your stay, and do consider signing up, cuz your opportunity will be slim.

BREAKING NEWS
"They're not the only ones taking a bite out of the Big Apple."
1. Chinatown
2. Time's Square
3. Central Park
4. The Sewers
5. The Hudson
MOVIE 2
"insert cheesy subtitle here"
MOVIE 3
MOVIE 4
MOVIE 5
MOVIE 6
EPILOGUE
Levi - Male, 23
Zach - Male, 20
Beau - Female, 22
Georgy - Male, 57
The Boomer
The Hunter
The Smoker
The Spitter
The Charger
The Jockey
The Silencer
The Screamer

The Witch
The Tank
The Wall

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to share them and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.

Last edited:
Name: Levi Koryu
Age/Gender: 23, Male
Hometown: New Jersey
Skills & Experience:
Repairing mechanical and electrical objects
Making prosthetic limbs
Creating makeshift weapons
Salvaging scrap and raw materials
Sizable knowledge of survival skills
Mutual Understanding with crows (???)

Personality: Somewhat serious and calculating. Always tinkering with something. The type to get a group to play nice with each other. Hates it when people get angered and start to fight. He loves music, and wishes to find a way to get a decent way to make electricity so he can listen to music again.
Appearance:
oh look i can be unoriginal again
yeah i do reuse assets
because i am lazy
and wont find new inspirations
sue me
yeeeeeah katana wielder in zombie setting totally didnt get that idea from michonne noooo
Brief Biography:
Levi used to work as a Mechanic's protegee, before the world devolved into hell. Before, he kept mostly to himself and tended to not try to instigate any fights. He did well in school, having finished college and went into mechanical engineering to try and become a renowned mechanic, moving to New York. He had a pretty average childhood, and got along with many others well. In the advent of the apocalypse, he tried to gather as many salvageable resources as possible so he could keep up his trade.

Ok i've never played L4D but it seems like a fun rp concept so like uh yeah
i might need some guidance

Last edited:

comic

Name: Levi Koryu
Age/Gender: 23, Male
Hometown: New Jersey
Skills & Experience:
Repairing mechanical and electrical objects
Making prosthetic limbs
Creating makeshift weapons
Salvaging scrap and raw materials
Sizable knowledge of survival skills

Personality: Somewhat serious and calculating. Always tinkering with something. The type to get a group to play nice with each other. Hates it when people get angered and start to fight. He loves music, and wishes to find a way to get a decent way to make electricity so he can listen to music again.
Appearance:
oh look i can be unoriginal again
yeah i do reuse assets
because i am lazy
and wont find new inspirations
sue me
yeeeeeah katana wielder in zombie setting totally didnt get that idea from michonne noooo
Brief Biography:
Levi used to work as a Mechanic's protegee, before the world devolved into hell. Before, he kept mostly to himself and tended to not try to instigate any fights. He did well in school, having finished college and went into mechanical engineering to try and become a renowned mechanic, moving to New York. He had a pretty average childhood, and got along with many others well. In the advent of the apocalypse, he tried to gather as many salvageable resources as possible so he could keep up his trade.

Ok i've never played L4D but it seems like a fun rp concept so like uh yeah
i might need some guidance
zombie setting excluded, he's definitely more Dave-inspired than Michonne lol.
regardless, i will take your character into consideration.
i've also decided, if i get more than three requests here, any of those not accepted could still have their characters appear as cameos in regards to finale scenes in which our survivors escape to the next 'movie' with the help of a survivor not in the party.

yknow, i didnt realize how hard it was to make a character that was both flawed and also skilled enough to have survived. honestly, i dont think i nailed that very well at all, but we'll just say she's been lucky.
Name: Beatrice "Beau" Milonas
Age/Gender: Just turned 22, Female
Ethnicity: Greek/Caucasian
Hometown: Saratoga Springs
Skills & Experience:
-Was actively studying computer science before the Green Flu
-Superior knowledge of computer systems
-Generally a good runner
-Keen attention to detail
Personality: Pre-apocalypse, Beatrice was a standard, bright girl with a knack for computers. Post-apocalypse, she's... well, she's a much more burnt-out girl with a knack for computers. Beau has a tendency to bite off more than she can chew, a result of her stubborn nature. She was always a bit overly-cautious, not immediately trusting of people, and with the new state of the world that has only been amplified. She's fairly quiet, but still a curious thing, with a tendency to eavesdrop. She is, however, easily frustrated, and has a tendency to snap at people and get defensive. Despite being untrusting, she still tries to make light-hearted banter and comments with the others, in an attempt to lighten the dreadful weight of their situation. She also hasn't given out her name to the others (for whatever reason), and instead goes by 'Beau', a nickname from her father.
Appearance: Beatrice is... not very intimidating by herself. Standing at 5'5, she's just peaked at average height, with a somewhat athletic, slim, and unimpressive figure (with similarly lackluster... assets). Being a runner, she's relatively toned in her core and legs, but severely lacks upper body strength. She has warm ivory skin, generally light but holding a bit of a tan, with freckles and acne dotting her shoulders and cheeks. Her hair is a very dark brown, practically black, with more of those brown-undertones showing well under the sun. Curly and tangled, she's pulled it up to a ponytail atop her head. Her eyes are a dark hazel, with dark lashes and dark purple just beneath them, detailing her lack of sleep. She wears fairly androgynous clothes, being an orange t-shirt, sweatpants, and a large bomber jacket, with a pair of beaten-in, generic black sneakers. (i'll probably end up doing a little sketch of her if she's let in)
Brief Biography
: Beatrice grew up and lives in the town of Saratoga Springs with her father, a goofy man with an intimidating face, and her little brother. She did well in school, and was an avid runner, on her high school's varsity track team, and was completely infatuated with the internet and computers. She was in her second-to-last semester of college when she took a weekend trip to the city, which also happened to be when all hell broke loose.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Name: Zach Dillon
Age/Gender: 20/Male
Hometown:
Skills & Experience:
-Can create maps of an area
-Good hand-eye coordination
-Good at measuring
-Has experience with a bow before the virus
Personality: He's normally quiet, But talks up when needed and would help other survivors escape hell
Appearance: He wears a black polo, sometimes a white leather jacket. with black pants, and brown shoes. He has brown shaggy hair, with rectangular glasses. He is 5'9 with a slim body.
Brief Biography: He had just took up a part-time job somewhere around Big Apple to create maps. Once he had arrived, All hell had just broken loose a month after he arrived. Before moving to Big Apple, He had been studying geography in school and was being taught cartography by his father at home. Just give him a paper, a pen and an area to make a map for

comic

yknow, i didnt realize how hard it was to make a character that was both flawed and also skilled enough to have survived. honestly, i dont think i nailed that very well at all, but we'll just say she's been lucky.
Name: Beatrice "Beau" Milonas
Age/Gender: Just turned 22, Female
Ethnicity: Greek/Caucasian
Hometown: Saratoga Springs
Skills & Experience:
-Was actively studying computer science before the Green Flu
-Superior knowledge of computer systems
-Generally a good runner
-Keen attention to detail
Personality: Pre-apocalypse, Beatrice was a standard, bright girl with a knack for computers. Post-apocalypse, she's... well, she's a much more burnt-out girl with a knack for computers. Beau has a tendency to bite off more than she can chew, a result of her stubborn nature. She was always a bit overly-cautious, not immediately trusting of people, and with the new state of the world that has only been amplified. She's fairly quiet, but still a curious thing, with a tendency to eavesdrop. Despite being untrusting, she still tries to make light-hearted banter and comments with the others, in an attempt to lighten the dreadful weight of their situation. She also hasn't given out her name to the others (for whatever reason), and instead goes by 'Beau', a nickname from her father.
Appearance: Beatrice is... not very intimidating by herself. Standing at 5'5, she's just peaked at average height, with a somewhat athletic, slim, and unimpressive figure (with similarly lackluster... assets). Being a runner, she's relatively toned in her core and legs, but severely lacks upper body strength. She has warm ivory skin, generally light but holding a bit of a tan, with freckles and acne dotting her shoulders and cheeks. Her hair is a very dark brown, practically black, with more of those brown-undertones showing well under the sun. Curly and tangled, she's pulled it up to a ponytail atop her head. Her eyes are a dark hazel, with dark lashes and dark purple just beneath them, detailing her lack of sleep. She wears fairly androgynous clothes, being an orange t-shirt, sweatpants, and a large bomber jacket, with a pair of beaten-in, generic black sneakers. (i'll probably end up doing a little sketch of her if she's let in)
Brief Biography
: Beatrice grew up and lives in the town of Saratoga Springs with her father, a goofy man with an intimidating face, and her little brother. She did well in school, and was an avid runner, on her high school's varsity track team, and was completely infatuated with the internet and computers. She was in her second-to-last semester of college when she took a weekend trip to the city, which also happened to be when all hell broke loose.
Name: Zach Dillon
Age/Gender: 20/Male
Hometown:
Skills & Experience:
-Can create maps of an area
-Good hand-eye coordination
-Good at measuring
-Has experience with a bow before the virus
Personality: He's normally quiet, But talks up when needed and would help other survivors escape hell
Appearance: He wears a black polo, sometimes a white leather jacket. with black pants, and brown shoes. He has brown shaggy hair, with rectangular glasses. He is 5'9 with a slim body.
Brief Biography: He had just took up a part-time job somewhere around Big Apple to create maps. Once he had arrived, All hell had just broken loose a month after he arrived. Before moving to Big Apple, He had been studying geography in school and was being taught cartography by his father at home. Just give him a paper, a pen and an area to make a map for
I'm enjoying what I'm seeing, but I'll go ahead and wait a couple of days for any more potentials before making any concrete decisions.
Thanks for the interest tho, I was worried I was the last person around who even remembered this game lol, let alone still plays it.
And if anybody has ideas for new special infected, feel free to make a sheet on it. And you can go crazy too, let's get some wacky (tho deadly) zombie variants up in here.

comic

@comic have you watched Darkest Days yet? It's that super old L4D/L4D2 SFM.
Hell yeah I have. I was on that L4D craze back in the day and I've recently been playing a crap ton of it again.
Speaking of, if you have it in PC, we should play sometime. I've been looking for someone to play it with for a while now.

comic

Screw waiting, it looks like this won't be garnering any more attention, so the three of you are my saving grace, as I only need three. All of you- accepted in full.

I'll go ahead and make my own character now;

Name: Georgy Woods
Age/Gender: 57/Male
Ethnicity: African-American
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Skills & Experience:
- Deep knowledge involving most sciences, including human biology. Great with a chemistry set, too.
- Having grown up in his early life as part of a gang, he has limited firearm training.
- Despite his age, he still maintains a rigorous training regiment to keep his body in peak condition.
- He's got extraordinary people and leadership skills, with a quick and solid thought process.
Personality: Throughout most of his life, Georgy has been a rather kind-hearted individual, and once he reached his full height, he was often considered by family and friends to be a 'friendly giant'. He places others' needs before his own, and is a very intelligent, yet also wide individual, easily capable of making decisions to benefit others in most scenarios. With his age and experience, he unwillingly commands authority, as most look up to him to make the tough calls. He also happens to be stuck in his ways, and isn't very savvy with modern technology aside from a standard flip phone he still carries with him even now, still expecting a call from his wife or kids. Despite being the de facto leader, he's well aware of his own flaws, and despite being as intelligent as he is, there are many things he doesn't much know, which is where he allows his fellow survivors to step in. He's helpful, encouraging, and above all, he's caring.
Appearance: Georgy stands at around 6'6", weighing in at nearly 280 lbs of mostly muscle. He prides himself on his body, having kept it in peak condition even as his body ages. He looks young for his age, though with his facial hair going a light grey, and his hair slowly following suit, the age is beginning to show. Normally he's very clean-shaven, but as the Green Flu finally toppled the government and the military, he's mostly forgotten about shaving, his grey beard having grown out quite a bit, his hair growing muck more slowly. His skin is very dark, further amplifying the white of his hair. He has dark, yet warm almond-shaped eyes, a large nose, and a wide mouth. Normally he'd wear his dress clothes, consisting of a button-up t-shirt, a suit jacket, a blue tie, slacks, and dress shoes. After he was forced to hole up with other survivors, he still wears his button-up, though it's slightly torn at the seams, and his blue tie is missing. He's swapped his slacks for a pair of dark blue jeans, and his dress shoes for a pair of stylish adidas tennis shoes that he takes pretty good care of.
Brief Biography: Georgy was born in St. Louis, Missouri, but at the age of two, his father was killed in a drive-by shooting, resulting in his mother taking him to Seattle, Washington, where he was raised and lived most of his adult life. In his pre-teen days, he wound up joining a gang that he ran with for a while, until on his fifteenth birthday, he decided he wanted more out of life and focused immensely on his schooling. From there, he went to college, even got his masters, and became a scientist for some time before deciding he wanted something a little more simple, and he became a Science Professor at Seattle University, a private Catholic College where he could openly support his religious beliefs without fear of losing his job. He's currently married and has three children, 17, 14, and 10 in age respectively. He was staying for a few weeks in NYC on a business trip with a few other professors when the Green Flu virus blew out of proportion, leaving him stranded. His friends and colleagues dead, Georgy managed to help save the lives of three complete strangers by hiding them in a homeless shelter, setting up defenses. He keeps his flip phone on him at all times, even though the battery is slowly beginning to reach zero, as he waits for a call from his family. However, running out of all their rations, the group is left with limited options, and they've all agreed that leaving the city is the best one. Armed with their wits, dignity, and a few spare pistols and baseball bats they could find, the group gets ready for the toughest night of their lives...

Now, before we begin, Ranger is experienced in L4D, but what about you, Wona?
If not, considering Ink already mentioned a lack of knowledge, would it be helpful if i provided some insight into zombie variants and what lore the universe has?

mwaha! lucky us, then.
i do, personally, i grew up on it (okay, watching my older sister play it. that opening cinematic gave me nightmares lol). obviously, i didnt pay the most attention, being maybe 7 or 8, but i'd say i definitely have a grasp on the plot as i replayed it later on (when i wasn't as much of a wuss). regardless, though, a brief review/rundown can't hurt, can it?

| Korutesu |

A TLou based infected specifically based on the "Clicker" type

Nickname: Silencer
Appearance: The Silencer has it's eyes always closed, and most probably blind, The Silencer's teeth is more rotten than any other infected, So it isn't as sharp. the Silencer is normally slim, but there are some instances of a muscular Silencer.
Abilities: Always follows sound, It will only go on one path toward where it hears sound. It also doesn't make noise so it's noise won't disrupt it's hunting capabilities. It can also create a loud sound to attract zombies to your location.
Weaknesses: Always follows sound and could easily be killed with shotguns. It's overall damage is pretty low, but you could still get infected with it's bite.

comic

Alrighty, here goes.
When the Green Flu started to spread and when the government and militaries initially fell are basically unknown, but considering L4D1's starting timeline correlates with the game's release date (November 17, 2008 ), then it's safe to say that L4D1 starts in mid-November of 2008. The campaigns span not that much time. No Mercy takes place in Fairfield, Pennsylvania, and only takes a couple hours lore-wise at most, during the night, and takes place just after the L4D1 intro cutscene. The survivors are rescued via helicopter after fighting their way to the roof of a Mercy Hospital, but due to the survivors being carriers for the disease, the pilot is infected and the helicopter crashes into the DLC campaign, Crash Course. The survivors manage to take a beefed up van out of there, into the next campaign Death Toll, taking place in Riverside, Pennsylvania. Due to the distance covered, and the lack of light in the sky, it's safe to assume that these three campaigns all take place in the same night. Now, at the end of Death Toll, the survivors escape on a boat. A comic explains what happens after this point, as the owners of the boat kick the survivors off, who make their way to Newburg, Pennsylvania, where they fight their way to an airport, helping a pilot fuel up a plane and they once again escape into the skies. The time between Death Toll and Dead Air is likely only about a day. The plane they're in winds up crashing, the pilot is killed. A cut campaign called Dam It comes into play here, bridging the gap between Dead Air and the next campaign. It's believed this dam is located in Allegheny National Park, Pennsylvania. Once escaping the dam, the survivors take shelter in the National Park, presumably. Likely a day or two passing before they hear about a military outpost nearby, and head there in the campaign Blood Harvest, eventually being rescued by the military. This was the original ending to L4D1, but the comics informed us of what happened next. After the military reveals to them that they're carriers and sound an alarm to retreat, the infected attack and the survivors escape on a train thanks to the sacrifices of some friends they made along the way. Here, we pick up with the DLC campaign, The Sacrifice. In it, the survivors follow Bill's plan of finding a boat and escaping on it. They're in Rayford, Georgia now, and I'd guess around a week and a few days has passed since Blood Harvest. While trying to raise a bridge to get to the other side, a generator stops working and the bridge stops halfway. Bill canonically sacrifices himself to restart the generator, and save the others, thus ending L4D1. A new campaign has recently been added called 'The Last Stand' but it is non-canon so I won't fit it in here. Fun fact, Rayford, Georgia is not a real location, and its real-world counterpart is Macon, Georgia. For any Telltale's The Walking Dead fans out there, this is Lee Everett's hometown.

So, if you don't want to read all that, I'll condense the L4D1 timeline here with guesses of my own.

No Mercy - One week after the infected take over, takes place on November 17, 2008.
Crash Course - Just a couple hours after No Mercy.
Death Toll - Just a couple hours after Crash Course.
Dead Air - Takes place on November 19, 2008.
Dam It - Just a few hours after Dead Air.
Blood Harvest - Takes place on November 21, 2008.
The Sacrifice - Takes place on December 2, 2008.

Onto L4D2!
L4D2 canonically starts 2 weeks after the events of Blood Harvest in Savannah, Georgia in the campaign Dead Center. This new group of survivors has just missed the last evacuation helicopter, and band together to make it to a nearby mall, where they've heard there is safety. This is a lie, and they find up fueling a stock car to drive out of Savannah in. They eventually make it to Rayford (really just Macon), and meet the L4D1 survivors (minus Bill), who help the new survivors cross the bridge and continue on their merry way in the DLC campaign The Passing. The stock car runs out of fuel in the campaign Dark Carnival and the survivors continue on into the amusement park 'Whispering Oaks', where a rescue helicopter flies overhead. The survivors end up using the lights and effects of a rock concert to alert the pilot, who picks them up. Dead Center and The Passing probably take place on the same day, and I'd guess that Dark Carnival is the night after. The pilot eventually is infected, as the survivors are carriers, and the helicopter crashes somewhere in Mississippi, probably only about 5 hours after the rescue for the campaign Swamp Fever. The eventually are saved on a boat by Virgil who agrees to take them to New Orleans. On the way, the boat makes a stop at Ducatel, Mississippi to refuel. After battling through a witch-infested sugar mill, they're eventually on their way again, barely escaping a terrible storm. I'd say this part of the story, told through the campaign Hard Rain, takes place a day or two after Swamp Fever, and another day or two passes when the survivors reach New Orleans, Louisiana for their final campaign, The Parish. Virgil leaves them in search of more survivors to save, as he's immune to the infection. The survivors have to fight their way through the city and eventually escape on a military helicopter, the pilot taking them to a military-commandeered flotilla in the Gulf of Mexico. This is the last we see of the L4D2 survivors.

Again, a shorter version with just dates for this;

Dead Center - December 5, 2008.
The Passing - Just a few hours after Dead Center.
Dark Carnival - December 6, 2008.
Swamp Fever - Just a few hours after Dark Carnival.
Hard Rain - December 8, 2008.
The Parish - December 10, 2008.

So all in all, I'd say the infected started taking over around November 10th, making The Parish the one month anniversary since the infected took over.

Now... for OUR survivors? We'll be starting two weeks after The Parish, meaning it's Christmas Eve, baby! December 24. Let's hope our peeps are dressed for the cold.
The Green Flu spread fast and efficiently, affecting far more than just the east coast of the United States even though it's the main setting of both L4D games. It didn't turn people into zombies, at least not the modern term for one. Zombie isn't an incorrect term, anyway. Those infected are known simply as the 'Infected'. They're fast-moving zombies, inspired directly from the Rage Virus from 28 Days Later. They've got about the same strength as any typical human being, but their durability is enhanced, as they don't experience pain and can lose limbs or vital organs without so much as slowing down. However, head-shots aren't necessary to kill them. Enough damage to one will kill it, regardless of where you're hitting, so long as your only form of attack isn't stabbing their hands with scissors or something lol.
However, out of those infected, certain individuals turned into something far different. While we don't have a canon explanation for how the Special Infected came to be, many people have pieced together the pieces to form their own answers.

The Hunter - Hunters are assumed to be some type of athletes prior to infection, most notably in the area of parkour considering most Hunters' attire, consisting of a hoodie with shorts, sneakers, and duct tape around its arms and knees. It has enhanced power to its legs, allowing it to jump insane distances with the intention of either escaping to a safe distance to recover, or to land on a survivor and attempt tearing them to pieces. It's believed Hunters have either no vision or horrible vision, and may use echolocation to attack its prey, which is why they have to make so many throaty noises while stalking around, eliminating them from being full-fledged stealth-based enemies. They do rely on stealth however, as they will typically disengage a survivor if they're spotted before they can attack.
The Smoker - It's typically believed that Smokers were simply heavy smokers in their human life, and the infection used this attribute and made it lethal. They have fungal-like growths on one side of their body, particularly their head, and a tongue-like tentacle hanging out of their mouth. This is probably an intestine, which provides a great amount of ammunition in latching their 'tongue' around a survivor and pulling them closer from great distances. Once a Smoker pulls a survivor close enough, they will begin to tear into the survivor on top of them already being strangled. Smokers are easy to see, what with noxious clouds of smoke rising from their heads, and their constant coughing alerting others of their presence. Upon dying, Smokers release a large cloud of smoke that can limit vision to survivors and cause them to cough, the smoke particles allowing other infected to 'see' survivors more clearly for a short period of time.
The Boomer - Boomer's are typically believed to have been those with obesity prior to infection, so obviously America would have the most Boomers. Boomers are very easy to detect with their consistent burping. While most special infection are gender exclusive, Boomers are inclusive as there are both male and female Boomers. Boomers' insides have transformed to become bile factories that the Boomers can spit up on survivors by projective vomiting. This bile can attract a horde of nearby infected that will swarm any survivors covered in the bile. When killed, a Boomer will explode, its entire top half being obliterated, and the bile from the explosion will cover any nearby survivors.
The Jockey - There's a lot going on with Jockeys, but insanity is most definitely something its human form had prior to infection. Jockeys have a hunched appearance, with very low-stature as their spine is bent so out of whack they don't even have a neck anymore. They have no lips, as well as longer fingers and toes, with large wide eyes. Jockeys are constantly laughing, a hint at their dementia. They have amplified leaping abilities, and can jump onto survivor's backs, riding them and trying to pull them into hordes of zombies, or in Spitter acid, or off long falls. While riding a survivor, Jockeys will also claw at a survivor's face.
The Spitter - Spitters are evolved in a way to overproduce stomach acid production, as they can spit large amounts of acid that can burn through a survivor's skin. They have a constant drip from their mouths, which are wide and rotted away, their necks elongated and puffed up in response to spitting up such corrosive acid. Spit acid will quickly evaporate, but is very efficient at damaging survivors quickly. When killing a Spitter, they will leave a large pool of acid where they died that lasts longer than spit acid. Most Spitters wear skimpy clothing, leading many to believe they were a stripper or a prostitute prior to infection.
The Charger - What makes a Charger is generally unknown, but believe me, there's plenty of masturbation jokes about it, considering its right arm is one massive battering ram with extremely thick skin, while its other arm flops around uselessly. Most of the skin on its face is missing, as well as its teeth. It also has a noticeably larger leg than its other, which probably helps it with its charging capability, as it will run with inhuman speed at a survivor, barreling anything in its way down (save for immovable structures), and when it has a survivor in its massive arm, it will proceed to pound them into the ground, incapable of letting go until either it or the survivor is killed. Chargers are extremely offensive, and will not run from their enemies no matter the situation.
The Witch - Witches are mostly passive infected, either sitting in corners or wandering aimlessly as they cover their faces and cry ceaselessly. They have extremely long, sharp fingers that can rip a survivor open in a single swipe, and typically are only found wearing undergarments. It's believed Witches were women with anorexia prior to infection. Their crying is intended to lure survivors close, but the only way to alert, or 'startle' a Witch is to either walk too close to her (though this is avoidable if you simply move on away from her, as she will resume crying), shine a light on her, or attack her. She isn't disturbed by other infected that move around her, and is an extremely high-risk infected variant. Witches have very thin bodies, with stick-like limbs, but that doesn't make her weak at all. It takes a lot to put her down, and she can deal make just as much damage as she can receive. If she manages to kill a survivor, she will attempt to run away and hide to resume crying. When startled, she will ignore all other survivors and only attack the one that alerted her.
The Tank - The very ground shakes where he walks. Cars can be thrown meters into the air by a single punch of his massive arm. He is the most powerful and feared of the special infected. The Tank. He lumbers towards survivors, absorbing most any damage they dish out, and able to dish out tenfold in response. While L4D doesn't have bosses, he can be considered a mini-boss, the only other mini-boss being the Witch. Tanks have evolved to be massive piledrivers made of almost entirely muscle, which has built to be large enough to almost effortlessly throw cars and rip concrete out of the ground and throw it dozens of meters away. Tanks are often considered to have been body builders prior to infection, or those who took a lot of steroids. Tanks certainly skipped leg day, as their legs appear very normal, which can barely support them as they normally run around using their arms to propel their bodies further. Their body mass is so large that their heads are nearly melded into the arms and torso, their chin completely gone. Tanks will annihilate any obstacles that stand in their way, even other infected, in order to reach their targets. When not in battle, Tanks will typically remain in a fixed location, waiting for a survivor to stumble upon them. If a Tank is unable to reach its target fast enough, it will either go into a blind rage and just start hurling chunks of rock, or it will actually keel over and die due to having been so angry that it literally could not contain it. And died. Literally.

The longer the infection goes on, the more Special Infected appear as the Green Flu continually evolves and develops. The infected have no intention of spreading infection or capturing survivors or anything of the sort. Their sole purpose is killing any living thing in their way, and they will go to any length in achieving this. As the Green Flu virus is airborne, but bites and scratches are also infectious, the infected have no desire to try and spread the virus, however. Very few individuals are immune to the Green Flu, and men seem to be more capable of immunity than women.
Our four survivors for Blood 2 Spill will all be carriers that are immune to the infection, meaning they don't need to worry about turning. They just need to worry about not dying.

A TLou based infected specifically based on the "Clicker" type

Nickname: Silencer
Appearance: The Silencer has it's eyes always closed, and most probably blind, The Silencer's teeth is more rotten than any other infected, So it isn't as sharp. the Silencer is normally slim, but there are some instances of a muscular Silencer.
Abilities: Always follows sound, It will only go on one path toward where it hears sound. It also doesn't make noise so it's noise won't disrupt it's hunting capabilities. It can also create a loud sound to attract zombies to your location.
Weaknesses: Always follows sound and could easily be killed with shotguns. It's overall damage is pretty low, but you could still get infected with it's bite.
I also have an idea, so if you don't mind, I'd like to edit the Silencer a little bit.
I'd like to remove its noise-making, making it an entirely stealth-based SI, which isn't present in the L4D games. On top of that, just to make it more unique, I'd like to make it so that it doesn't have to have its eyes closed (could have been a blind person prior to infection), and also that it only linger in dark environment and corners, and much like a Hunter, can leap out at its prey, though unless leaping, it is very slow and its damage is minimal.
how does that sound?

i also wanted to remove the screaming capability so i could add a cut Special Infected from L4D2, aka;
Nickname: Screamer
Appearance: These infected are created from some of those with severe mental illnesses, typically insanity much like Jockeys, which can be seen as most Screamers are in straight jackets. Even those not in the jackets are constantly hugging themselves, meaning they don't attack with their hands. Their mouths have been mutated to become larger and wider, as well as their necks and throats.
Abilities: The Screamer does exactly as you'd assume. It screams, calling on a horde of nearby zombies to swarm the area. After doing this, the Screamer will typically run away from the conflict and find a place to ambush the survivors with another scream to attract yet another horde.
Weaknesses: The Screamer can attack, but not severely. It normally tries to push enemies over, but its large mouth is toothless to make way for simply more sound. It has virtually no offensive capabilities aside from being able to shove survivors over. It also has mostly low health on account that it needs to be dealt with quickly before it can alert the horde.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

I also have an idea, so if you don't mind, I'd like to edit the Silencer a little bit.
I'd like to remove its noise-making, making it an entirely stealth-based SI, which isn't present in the L4D games. On top of that, just to make it more unique, I'd like to make it so that it doesn't have to have its eyes closed (could have been a blind person prior to infection), and also that it only linger in dark environment and corners, and much like a Hunter, can leap out at its prey, though unless leaping, it is very slow and its damage is minimal.
Yeah, sure, i don't mind

comic

Just a few more things to get out of the way...

I'd personally like a third new SI added, but that's not necessarily a necessity, as we already have 10 without a third new variant. However, I'd like to discuss with ya'll how you want this story to progress. What places you want our characters to go. While I'm in charge of Breaking News, you're all free to come up with your own 'movies' and pitch it to me. In fact, I encourage it. Since the four of us will, for probably the most part, be the only roleplayers involved, I'd like you guys to feel as included as possible, while also free to add more of your own ideas to the story.
And please do consider this, I usually try to encourage this in my roleplays and uh... it usually just goes ignored and people only want to do what I have planned and that usually results in the roleplay dying.
But this is a roleplay we can finish, especially if we work together. We just have 6 movies and an epilogue, and that's that. So seriously, if you'd like us to go to certain locations or take certain routes, I'd be happy to hear what ideas you got.

hellohello!
so, as of this exact moment i am currently swamped with schoolwork (procrastination, hhaha.)
i really like the idea of making a custom SI, so i'll probably be throwing some ideas out in the near future, but likely not until tomorrow while get everything sorted out.
sorry for the inconvenience! i'll probably check in sometime tonight with some ideas, but i figured i'd let you guys know why im gonna be a little splotchy in terms of activity atm.

| Korutesu |

But this is a roleplay we can finish, especially if we work together. We just have 6 movies and an epilogue, and that's that. So seriously, if you'd like us to go to certain locations or take certain routes, I'd be happy to hear what ideas you got.
Okay, So six places our OCs will visit, going from Four Stages(L4D) then to Five (L4D2) Not counting the best chapter in the game "The Passing" and Six (L4DB2S) for the unofficial RP. Also the Passing is my favorite chapter to be honest

comic

Okay, So six places our OCs will visit, going from Four Stages(L4D) then to Five (L4D2) Not counting the best chapter in the game "The Passing" and Six (L4DB2S) for the unofficial RP. Also the Passing is my favorite chapter to be honest
The Passing is great. My favorite has always been Dark Carnival, mostly because of that concert finale. Especially when modding the music. I just find it fun.

| Korutesu |

To be honest, My favorite character to use in L4D is either Zoey or Louis. Jeez that's the first time ive said that to anybody-
But i'm not kidding, i actually use Zoey every time i can.
i use Ellis on L4D2, Sometimes i use Nick, but my chances of using him is low
Don't judge me of my L4D character choices

comic

To be honest, My favorite character to use in L4D is either Zoey or Louis. Jeez that's the first time ive said that to anybody-
But i'm not kidding, i actually use Zoey every time i can.
i use Ellis on L4D2, Sometimes i use Nick, but my chances of using him is low
Honestly, I love all the characters and play any one of them. But if given the choice? I'll usually play as either Nick for L4D2, and Bill for L4D1.
Usually when playing online I'm usually stuck with Rochelle, but I don't mind that at all. She gets the loose end of the stick as being the least popular L4D character but I think she's alright.

i guess i'll try my hand at this
Nickname: Rubbers
Appearance: Lanky and somewhat thin. Not aggressors for this reason. They have a lot of connective tissue, with their tendons being thicker and tougher. Lack of noticeable offensive weapons, but this is (somewhat) of a survival strategy. Non sharp teeth. best looking of all zombie types, though that isn't a hard competition to win.
Abilities: Although they look harmless (which they somewhat are), they sport incredibly tough tendons and connective tissue that resist bullets, and in some cases bounce them away harmlessly. They can tell when their well being is in danger, and doesn't try and attack often. They are commonly around as "distractors" or more commonly "meat shields" so that other zombie types can secure the infect.
Weaknesses: Melee weapons (Knives, Swords, Shanks, Ect) and fast, small projectiles (Pistols, specifically things like FN Five-Sevens)
also getting blown apart by snipers and explosions.

i made it more of a "infantry" type zombie, mainly for dividing groups and defending the zombies that are on offense with their bullet resistant bodies

comic

i guess i'll try my hand at this
Nickname: Rubbers
Appearance: Lanky and somewhat thin. Not aggressors for this reason. They have a lot of connective tissue, with their tendons being thicker and tougher. Lack of noticeable offensive weapons, but this is (somewhat) of a survival strategy. Non sharp teeth. best looking of all zombie types, though that isn't a hard competition to win.
Abilities: Although they look harmless (which they somewhat are), they sport incredibly tough tendons and connective tissue that resist bullets, and in some cases bounce them away harmlessly. They can tell when their well being is in danger, and doesn't try and attack often. They are commonly around as "distractors" or more commonly "meat shields" so that other zombie types can secure the infect.
Weaknesses: Melee weapons (Knives, Swords, Shanks, Ect) and fast, small projectiles (Pistols, specifically things like FN Five-Sevens)
also getting blown apart by snipers and explosions.

i made it more of a "infantry" type zombie, mainly for dividing groups and defending the zombies that are on offense with their bullet resistant bodies
it's a good idea, the name is definitely a placeholder, but the appearance isn't... befitting of its purpose. a shield-type defensive zombie would be practically useless considering it would be lanky and thin.
now, there was an unused design in L4D for a zombie type that you reminded me of that possibly served a somewhat similar purpose. it was called the 'Meatwall', and looked like this;

the idea was that it was a pro-defensive zombie, and supposed to be a third variant of the 'super zombie' archetype that the Witch and Tank fill. it was supposed to act as a distraction for zombies, and also as a mobile cover for them as well. aside from this, it really didn't serve any other purpose. it was supposed to have the most health of any zombie, possibly even ten times that of a tank, but it sacrifices attack and speed for defense.

however, i think we can merge both ideas into one. the Rubber wouldn't work being that its lanky and thin, making it being a shield practically useless. replace the design with something similar to the meatwall, and you have an effective meat shield. we could apply the tough tendin idea to certain parts of this, allowing certain parts of its body to be able to deflect bullets wildly about with the chance of bouncing back to a survivor. as for weaknesses, we'd remove melee and most guns, limiting their weaknesses to solely being fire and explosives.

as for the name, 'Rubber' isn't exactly befitting, and also 'Meatwall' doesn't fit with the names of others, but considering all other names are very self-explanatory and pretty much tell you what the SI is about, i think simply 'The Wall' would work beautifully.

what do you think?

While i agree with most of that, i was thinking melee since its easier to cut tendons than well, burn them or explode them.
For the pistols, i was thinking the high speed of the projectile would just tear the tendons apart
also is that thing carrying two bodies?

comic

While i agree with most of that, i was thinking melee since its easier to cut tendons than well, burn them or explode them.
For the pistols, i was thinking the high speed of the projectile would just tear the tendons apart
also is that thing carrying two bodies?
well, melee and bullets would have worked better on Rubber, but with additional health, defense, and an extremely thick body, it would make most weapons fairly ineffective in harming it, aside from simply picking away at its health.

also... i didn't even notice that before, but yeah, i think that is two bodies it's carrying. that thing is bigger than i originally thought.

comic

Sounds ok to me
if that thing truly is as big as i think blowing that thing up would make a MESS
ooo, that actually gives me an idea.
in order to up the risk factor, killing a Wall will release pheromones similar to Boomer bile that attracts a nearby zombie horde.

ooo, that actually gives me an idea.
in order to up the risk factor, killing a Wall will release pheromones similar to Boomer bile that attracts a nearby zombie horde.
god any of those in a densely packed city like new york is immediate death
Edit:
did i just read... Boomer bile?

comic

i'm really digging these new special infected.
also, something else i thought of. for the Silencer, i was thinking it could actually be a female variant of the Hunter, hence adding more female SI (considering there was only two originally).

| Korutesu |

did i just read... Boomer bile?
Yes, you just did-
Boomer biles are "useful" i guess you could say that, Well unless the boomer bile is on you, you'll be fine

also, something else i thought of. for the Silencer, i was thinking it could actually be a female variant of the Hunter, hence adding more female SI (considering there was only two originally).
True, There are only two female SI, Witch and Spitter, so making a third Female SI is fine with me

EDIT: I looked up the Spitter on the Wiki cause why not, I saw lots of alternate names for it called by the survivors, two of those names: Nick's Mom and Nick's EX-Girlfriend were pretty funny lmao

comic

Yes, you just did-
Boomer biles are "useful" i guess you could say that, Well unless the boomer bile is on you, you'll be fine

True, There are only two female SI, Witch and Spitter, so making a third Female SI is fine with me

EDIT: I looked up the Spitter on the Wiki cause why not, I saw lots of alternate names for it called by the survivors, two of those names: Nick's Mom and Nick's EX-Girlfriend were pretty funny lmao
you know what this means? we're gonna need to come up with new nicknames that our survivors give the special infected.

comic

So, our survivors have one main goal in the beginning of this. Escape NYC. Aside from that, no more goals have been established. I don't know what all ya'll's character's personal goals are, but Georgy would certainly be on a mission to get to Washington state on the other side of the country to his family.
Things like this will be necessary in planning ahead for what comes after Breaking News and whatnot.

| Korutesu |

So, our survivors have one main goal in the beginning of this. Escape NYC. Aside from that, no more goals have been established. I don't know what all ya'll's character's personal goals are, but Georgy would certainly be on a mission to get to Washington state on the other side of the country to his family.
Things like this will be necessary in planning ahead for what comes after Breaking News and whatnot.
Now i'm not sure what my character's goals are, but the most obvious goal is getting out of hell-
But his goal is probably to see if his friends somewhere around New York, which are also probably infected to see if his friends are still alive

comic

Now i'm not sure what my character's goals are, but the most obvious goal is getting out of hell-
But his goal is probably to see if his friends somewhere around New York, which are also probably infected to see if his friends are still alive
Alright, cool, since Breaking News will be the only NYC (namely Manahattan) movie, then we can do that bit as a sort of side quest for him.

comic

so... one final time, i'd like to ask if anybody has an ideas for where should go and what should happen after Breaking News. otherwise, i suppose we can get started and cross that bridge when we get there.

comic

Where will they start so i could find a place near it for the second movie
well, it doesn't necessarily have to be right near where they start. Breaking News will take place solely in Manhattan, with the finale being them needing to fuel a ship and sail out of the Hudson docks. where they go next is entirely up to you guys. they could just cross the Hudson, or sail right on to the coast of another state before running out of fuel on the ship and needing to get to land.