• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Lone Clover Academy; the Mysteries behind the Mage

https://pokecharms.com/threads/lone-clover-academy-magic-rp-discussion-reboot.17998/
—————
Felix groaned as he rolled around in bed, after hearing the shrill cry fro the alarm. He wasn’t feeling it today, to be perfectly honest. But today was still an important day for this 15 year old. Today was his first day at Lone Clover Academy. Today all the other students would arrive.

Felix rolled out of his bed, and stretched both his arms. HIs real one, and mechanical one. The metal machine creaked as he moved it. He moved it back and forth, getting a good amount of mobility back on it. He stood up and slipped into a pair of dirty sneakers and sweats, and went out for a run around campus. He had a few hours before he was required to get dressed.

Felix was in a unique position. Somehow he had ended up with a magic that was one of a kind. Light Magic. Demons feared him and wanted to kill him. People wanted to exploit him. But when Sargent Griswold had offered him a spot at the Academy, he felt blessed. A safe place. But of course, he could easily get picked on for his uniqueness. Especially since people may think he was special because of the treatment he was getting. Getting to school early, free meals. It made him feel a bit weak, but he could live with it.

——

Crap, I'm late," Ryoga Wilson shouted, looking at the clock. He jumped out of bed, and pulled his pants on. He grabbed his white button up shirt, and slung it over his shoulders. He began to button up the shirt sloppily, leaving it untucked. He grabbed his tie, bag, and sword, and rushed out of his room.

"Don't forget about me!" A little black mouse squeaked, running after Ryoga. The boy stopped and laid down his arm, placing the back of his hand on the ground, with his palm facing up. The mouse climbed up his arm and took his spot on his shoulder, while Ryoga grinned madly.

"Sorry Nabu. I just don't wanna be late for my first day of school." Ryoga said smiling. Nabu rolled his eyes, as Ryoga ran the staircase leading to exit. He was currently staying at an inn, just north of Lone Clover Academy, the school he was planning on attending. He exited the inn, and began to tie his tie. After making a crude knot, he made his way towards the train station.

He checked his ID and letter he had been sent in the mail. The train he was supposed to be on was in station 6D, and it’s the train that all the Mage Students would ride on to get to class. He ran as ast as he could, and was one of the first people to arrive at the station. He checked his letter once more. One thing he knew was that he would sit in a booth with the person who he was sharing a roommate and the pair who would be next to them. His room was D9 and he would be in the same booth as D10. He shoved his stuff in the compartment above his head, and sat down in a the seat closest to the window, and awaiting the arrival of his roommate

Tina hopped out of the Suburban she was riding in. Turning, she waved bye to her driver. Tina reached into the trunk, and took out her few bags. Amos, her wolf familiar lept out with her. "School time! School time!" He repeated over and over again. Tina nodded to the wolf, and walked into the train station.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Tina made it to her train. It was going to take her to Lone Clover. Walking inside, Tina and Amos found their seat in booth D10. She sat down, Amos laying on her feat. She turned to the boy next to her, and scooted away from him. Tina wasn't exactly open to new people, being her rocky history.

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Shadok was the first one to come, since he didn't have a good home to sleep or do anything else in. He just wanted to get out of his horible home, so out of desesperation, he ran to the train. Still, one of the first ones to come. Sitting in a chair next to a window, he looked at the newcomers. They probably weren't experienced as Shadok was, since Shadok was at least an above average freshman. Still, not a master or anything else, he was just tougher than most freshmen. Shadok sat in booth D8, his roommate would be next to him. Not a lot of information, but he didn't care. The newcomers, even probably being not experienced as Shadok, are interessing, at least, not dead hopes.

Axel stepped onto the train, his mind racing with thoughts of the step he was about to take. "Big bro graduated top of his class. I gotta show that I can do it without his help." He thought to himself while checking his seat number. He loudly cracked his knuckles one by one as he walked down the isle slowly. "Hm...ah, D5." The young boy thought to himself, sliding an expensive leather suitcase in the storage compartment and taking a seat. "Hope Yami's okay." Axel mumbled, thinking of his friend who wouldn't be arriving until a few days later. "Wonder what kind of magic user my roommate will be." He contemplated, twirling two of his fingers as he thought, a small arrow head spinning in the air above said fingers. "Well, no matter the type of mage he is, I just hope he's friendly."

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker stepped onto the train with his halberd on his back. Although, it took a while because his halberd got stuck on the train door. He looked around hoping nobody had noticed, but it was obvious some had when he heard snickering coming from one of the booths. Whatever, just ignore it. Focus on not making a fool of yourself when you actually get to the academy.

He looked down at his train ticket again to confirm his seat, realizing he should be close to it by now. After confirming that he had indeed been near his seat he noticed a boy already sitting in the booth he was assigned.

"Hey, since we might be roomates we should probably get to be familiar before we get to the academy. My name's Parker, what's yours?"

Milo walked briskly through the platform of the train station, apologizing as she picked her way through the many people that milled about. It was fairly crowded with people both boarding the train to Lone Clover and those there to see the students off; not to mention, she'd arrived right at what seemed to be the rush hour. "Watch it," Claude grouched from his place on her shoulder. Needle-like claws dug through her vest and shirt, and the tiny demon's tail lightly wrapped around the nape of Milo's neck as he tried to avoid being knocked off by a passerby. "Too many people. And will you slow down?"

"Sorry, sorry," Milo said with a grin as she reached up to scratch the cat's chin. "I told you, you could've ridden safely in the bag or something?"

"Bite your tongue," the cat bantered and Milo snickered as she ducked through the train's doorway and faced with the hallway of the train car, which had large booth compartments on both sides. Milo looked down at the letter in her hand and looked for the booth that matched her assignment. Opening the door, she found that there was already someone inside. "Hey," she greeted with a smile. She took her backpack and placed it on a free seat across from the other inhabitant before lifting her duffel bag into the compartment overhead. Finished, she settled down into her seat, placing her backpack beneath her legs and looking up at who she assumed to be her roommate and the girl's familiar, a large gray dog or wolf that lay between them. She cleared her throat. Despite the minimal interaction that they'd shared so far, she got the impression that the girl wasn't the chatty type. Regardless..."I'm Milo, and I think I'm your roommate this for this year," she said. "Nice to meet you!"

The boy’s clothes were soaked with sweat. It had only been an hour of jogging, but Felix knew that this was the point where it would get much harder. But he had to push himself. How else does one get strong?

—-
“Huh,” Ryoga said, in response the the boy with a halberd strapped to his back. He listened as the boy introduced himself as Parker.

“My name is Ryoga. I guess I’m your roommate.” Ryoga said, giving a wave. Nabu by his ear, and Ryoga gave a yelp. “And my familiar is named Nabu.”

“So what kind of Magic do you use? I try to use Pyro Magic on my Katana.” He said, trying to start conversation.

"NOT TODAY!!!" Shouted Kole When He Looked At His Clock, And Ran Straight To The Train Station Whilst Eating And Wearing His Clothes. On the right hand is his phone and on the left, His books. Hew Got on the train just on time. "Whoo, *Sigh* So Where are we going to sit?" Looked At His Paper With The Booth On it. "D8?" He Looked Around And Found It And Sat. And Later Started to look at his Scythe. "Huh. It Shines. Maybe I Polished It Too Much..."

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Shadok's cold purple eyes looked at Kole. After milliseconds, Shadok lost all interest in him. Kole was going to be his roommate. What a poor dude. Shadok, with no words, analysed the Scythe. A mortal weapon, could kill humans with no effort at all. That was... interessing to Shadok. He wanted to know a little bit more about the guy. His deep purple eyes looked at the middle of Kole's eyes. His look explained everything, it was Shadok's way of asking 'How do you use your weapon?'.

Tina shuffled back a little, not exactly in the mood to answer. She was quite nervous, as this would be the most people she had been with in years. Amos, her wolf, spoke up for her. "She's Tina. Quite a nervous girl, honestly. Not surprising due to her history." Tina perked up at the mention, and kicked the wolf playfully, like she didn't want him to say anything.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Nice to meet you Ryoga, and to answer your question I use gust magic with my halberd. You see, I use extreme winds on the axe part to allow it to cut through even the toughest materials and I make the hammer part vibrate so it can shatter boulders." Parker looked at the small familiar Ryoga had with him. The mouse seemed to smile, but that might have been his imagination. Parker took a seat next to the boy and layed his bag on the floor.

"So what's having a familiar like? I couldn't ever summon one so I'm pretty clueless about them."

Milo looked down at the wolf in surprise. So, the other girl was shy. That was alright, she supposed. She'd caught the implication at 'her history', but wasn't sure if it was her place to tread quite yet. She decided to let it go for now. "Ah, well then, it's nice to meet you both. This is my familiar, Claude," she introduced, and the cat inclined his head in greeting with a mistrustful glance toward the canine. "What kind of magic do you do? Er..." Her gaze drifted to the familiar again, wondering which would respond.

"Oh? Hi, You Must Be My Roommate." He Spun His Scythe "So.. Anyways. I Can See That Your Looking At My Scythe." He looked At shadok and realized that he was trying to think how to use the scythe "So You Want To See How It Works?" He threw a pillow up into the air And Swung his scythe to cut a pillow mid air. "like that." Then he realizes that it was his pillow. "nah. i can fix it later." He looked at him again "Whats Your Magic?"

“Woah, that’s pretty cool. I just um, cut stuff. And light them on fire. Sometimes.” Ryoga stammered. He hadn’t ever considered the fullest extent of what he could do. In fact he had little actual training other than the crash course his mom gave him before he left home.

“Sorry, he’s a bit of an idiot sometimes. He’s pretty new to this whole magic thing. He primarily sticks to brute force with with his sword and fire, from what I’ve seen.” Nabu squeaked. In response Ryoga tried to grab at Nabu, but the mouse facial was too quick and switched shoulders.

“From what you can tell, Nabu can be a pain in my hide. But he’s pretty helpful and is useful occasionally.” Ryoga began to explain, giving up on smacking Nabu.

“Hey, I take offense to that!” Nabu squeaked raising his forepaws.

“Whatever you furball. You know I’m right.” Ryoga snapped back, obvious he was teasing Nabu. “But he’s a good friend. And I didn’t actually summon him. He was my dad’s and we formed a contract once my dad, passed.” He added, saying the last phrase slowly. He shook his head and smiled. “I know I’m sure I don’t know how to summon a familiar yet. I’m not the best at Magic. But I’m okay with my sword.”

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Shadok, with no words, created a small deep black flame in his hand, then showed it to Kole. Suddenly, the flame dissapeared. He moved his head to the window. "This guy is stronger than what I thought. Maybe he deserves my respect." He slowly thought.

"I'm Shadok."

Amos looked back up to respond, to which Tina responded with another kick. "Terra." She said quietly. She knew that if her familiar was to answer, he may say something like before. "Earth. You?" She reached to her side, where her two obsidian bladed knives hung, for the comforting feel of protection.

Milo grinned, happy that she was able to coax a response from her fellow Apprentice, but still feeling the slight tension in the booth. Her eyes tracked movement toward some kind of weapon at Tina's side, but she tried not to let her eyes linger. She knew that if they were going to be sleeping in the same room at night, they were going to have to establish some trust, or she and Claude were going to be sleeping in shifts. She stroked the cat demon thoughtfully. He'd always been a good judge of character, a trait that had and would continue to save her life in the future, but he'd been pretty silent so far.

"That's cool. I've never met a Terra user before," she admitted with a small laugh. "Actually, I've never really met any magic users that used anything but Aquos before today. That's what I practice."

Tina took the blade out, and tossed it into the air. Instead of falling, it held it's place in the air. "Terra magic. Easy." She said, causing it to spin. The blade looked almost like a black glass as it spun around. She reached forward, and plucked it from the air. Amos called out, "Show off." He recieved another playful kick.

"Im Kole." He responded to Shadok "My magic is Aquos." He Created An Icicle From Thin Air. "Nice to meet ya. So your my roomate then" He put his scythe on a special case. when he opened it a gust of cold wind blew out. "So my scythe wont melt and lose its magic" He put it under the seat.

Milo laughed again, watching the knife spin in midair with fascination. "Easy for you, maybe." In return, she held out her own palm, and focused on feeling the moisture in the air like she'd been taught. It wasn't too difficult in an environment with so many people, who exhaled small bits of moisture with every breath. The water condensed in the air above her palm in a droplet about the size of a golf ball. After a few moments, she let the water evaporate again and smiled. "I'm hoping to learn to control it better at the Academy. Claude's been a big help, but I think I'm ready to learn from some experienced Mages," she explained without much thought.

Tina watched the other girl laugh at her. "Why do you laugh at that? It's not very funny." Tina asked. She wasn't one for dull humour. Amos looked up from the ground. "I still find it kinda funny. Knives don't normally fly." He rolled onto his side and tried to sleep. Tina looked back to Milo. "Why are you here?" She was growing more confident as she spoke.

In the booth D6, a young girl with long brown hair sat with crossed legs looking out the window. "I was supposed to meet the person that will be my roommate in this booth but she still hasn't showed up." She said to herself. "I hope this person that I will have too share a room with for the year will be more competent than I'm left to believe right now." She said with slight tone of annoyance.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nagi began hissing at Izlo at an attempt to wake him up, but alas Nagi did not prevail. Nagi became vexed and wrapped downwards upon the scythe she usually sleeps with. Nagi used her slithery movements to eventually get on the bed Izlo was sleeping in. She licked Izlo's face with her, luckily, not poisonous tongue and Izlo only stirred. Nagi, however, had enough and began screeching in Izlo's ear. Izlo woke up and smiled at Nagi. "Thanks," he said simply. The sound didn't seem to annoy him that much. He got out of bed and did his normal morning routine. Once he checked the time, his face darkened. He immediately got his scythe with Nagi wrapped around it, bade goodbye to his parents and jumped after leaving his house.

A gale of air reached him swiftly and he began using it to fly, almost like surfing. Luckily, he lived near the station and got there faster than he expected. He saw a large amount of students there and scowled at himself. He stopped flying and got his ticket. Izlo went to his booth and saw his supposed roommate with an arrow above his head. "How strange," Izlo thought. "So, uh, this is booth D5, right? Sorry for being late. I'm Izlo, and this is my familiar, Nagi," he said pointing at his scythe. Nagi looked at Axel and flickered her tongue. "That's her way of saying hello... I think. Also don't worry, she's not poisonous," Izlo said with an awkward chuckle. He knew many people who were afraid of Nagi because she's a snake and he hoped his roommate wouldn't be one of them.

Axel let the arrow head fall into his palm at the sound of another voice, he looked up to see a young boy with a scythe introducing himself as Izlo. "Ah, hello. And no, she doesnt bother me at all." He said gesturing for his new roommate to have a seat. "My brother is actually specializes in contracts with familiars so ive met quite a few." He paused, realizing he had began to ramble before clearing his throat. "Anyways, im Axel. Nice to meet you, both of you." He said smiling to Nagi. "So, if you dont mind me asking, what element do you specialize in?" He asked, his voice a bit quieter than before.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"That's good to hear. It's pretty cool you know about Familiars. I've only met a couple, but they are, excuse me for a lack of vocabulary, awesome. It's nice to meet you to Axel," he replied. Izlo smiled when he was asked what kind of element he used, though was wondering a bit why Axel asked the question lower than how he was before. Izlo turned to the rest of the people on a trainer and put his right palm out. A lot of wind began gathering there, and then blew a huge gust of air which made some of people's clothes move in response. "That. Is my magic," Izlo said while turning back to Axel. "What's yours?"

Axel raised an eyebrow as Izlo's small blast of wind made the clothes ruffle. "Hm, so Gust is your element. As for me...' He paused, holding the arrowhead out in front of him. It slowly elongated and widened, the edge becoming razor sharp and a hilt sprouting from the butt of the blade. He held the long knife out, giving it a little spin before pointing it towards Izlo. "Im a Terra elemental. Perhaps we could come of with a few combination attacks and teach each other a some new tricks over the year." He said with a grin, the blade slowly reverting back to its previous state.

"To accomplish just that, I guess," Milo replied with a half-shrug. "To learn to call on my abilities better, since it's a bit hard for me to use it on a large scale. What about you? What brings you guys to Lone Clover?" She paused as the door of their booth began to rattle.

Claude, sensing Milo's confusion, explained with a lazy flick of his tail, "Gust magic. It looks like your classmates are getting to know each other, too."

Kole stood up. "I need to pee." He went to the restroom. Till the train went through a rough road and tripped down near D5 "He.. He he he.." He quickly stood up and ran. He closed the door. "OH MY AQUOS... That was awkward.." *20 Seconds Later* Kole went out and went back to the booth

"To accomplish just that, I guess," Milo replied with a half-shrug. "To learn to call on my abilities better, since it's a bit hard for me to use it on a large scale. What about you? What brings you guys to Lone Clover?" She paused as the door of their booth began to rattle.

Claude, sensing Milo's confusion, explained with a lazy flick of his tail, "Gust magic. It looks like your classmates are getting to know each other, too."
Tina looked away. "Probably to teach me to control my powers. When I was picked up, the mages feared my strength, and my lack of control. I bet that's why." Amos turned his head to Claude. "A cat. Why did you have to have a cat?" He said, looking at the feline. "Don't pull any feline treachery. When I'm around, cats have one life, not nine."

Alyssa Fyre woke up to Pyri screeching. "Come on, Ally! Wake up! You have school today!" The word 'school' got Alyssa sitting straight up in bed. "Oh, yeah, um, I almost forgot!" She said, tired. She was NOT ready for today. She got dressed out of her pajamas very quickly, packed up, and ran faster than Forrest Gump to the train station. She found her train and got on it. In her booth, booth D6, a girl was already sitting there. "Hi!" Alyssa started. "I'm Alyssa Fyre, and I guess I'm gonna be your roommate! This is Pyri, my phoenix!" "You're embarrassing me!" Pyri whispered shrilly in her ear. "Sorry," Alyssa whispered back. "Well, I think we'll have a good time together as roomies! Whaddya think?"

Noir glanced at Alyssa with a serious face. "You're late, you better not be this tardy all the time. If you're going to me my roommate for the remainder of the year I expect you to be more competent than this." She said coldly. She then looked out the window. "Noir Sheen, that my name, this here is Blanche." She said introducing herself and the eagle that was perched on the top of her seat.

Alyssa was shocked at what Noir had said. It gave her chills, because no one was ever as mean to her in her life. She got so cold that she summoned fire into her hand. She soon had engulfed herself. "Well, if that's how you wanna be," Alyssa said, "Then you might wanna know that I don't take negativity lightly." She was burning with anger - literally! She cooled down as Pyri told her, "Stop it! You gotta deal with the good and the bad in life, you know." Alyssa cooled down until there was a small ball of fire in her hand. "I guess you're right," Alyssa said, "I'm gonna have to be more competent if I wanna impress my roommate," She said with a snarky tone. With that, she sat down across from Noir and waited for the train to depart.

By this time, the train was already rushed ahead, towards Lone Clover Academy, once everyone was on. After a few minutes of motion, man’s voice came over the intercom, so that all could here. “Students. I am Sargent Griswold, and I will be each and everyone of you’s homeroom teacher. I am also a teacher for the Mage course at Lone Clover Academy.” A general cheer erupted from the students on board. “Now, we will arrive in roughly, and hour and a half. So please, be patient. You will allowed to move aboard the cabin.” And with that, the voice became silent, and students began to get up and wander the halls and meet new students.

"Huh. We really are at opposite ends of the spectrum, aren't we? Maybe we can help each other out, then?" Before she could continue, though, Tina's wolf familiar spoke from between them and Claude's fur prickled at the words.

"I dare you," the cat demon replied to the wolf. "And believe me, dog, living in the same room as you and your perpetual wet-fur smell isn't appealing to me either."

"Heard dead cat doesn't smell to good either." Amos said with a grin. He looked up to Tina. "Can I eat it? It's basically asking to be eaten."
"Only If nobody's around to see it." Tina replied with a grin. She had no intention of letting Claude get eaten, but it was all a joke. "Keep your cat watched over." Tina warned playfully.

Kole stood up, looked around and saw a boy with Pale skin, black eyes, and silver spikey hair.He also see a sycthe with a black snake in it. he aproached the boy. "Hi! Im Kole. So Your A Scythe User Eh?" He blinked twice "We might be good freinds." he looked at the snake "a familiar! my father taught me about those. i wish i could have one..." He looked sadly "I really really REALLY want one!"

Noir stood up. "I'm going for a walk, come one Blanche." She declared as she walked out, Blanche following her. Noir walked around the train and found her way to the food cart. "Oh this must be the food cart." Blanche said arriving behind Noir. Noir then found a plate filled with chocolate ships cookies and her eyes started glimmering. "You're going to stuff your face with those cookies aren't you?" Blanche asked. "You read my mind." Noir responded with a slight smile and walked to the cookies.

Judah watched as every bit of scenery passed by outside of the window at a very rapid pace. The train was moving a bit faster than the boy had expected. The 15 year old had looked down at the ticket he held in his hand, that read 'D4'. The blonde had noticed that there wasn't anyone beside him, meaning that he possibly would not have a roommate - if he was lucky. He was tired enough as it is, and he didn't want to worry about entertaining a random peer's questions. The boy wasn't rude or mean-spirited, simply just an introvert who was sent to Lone Clover to hone his skills, and that was exactly his top priority at the moment.

However, while lost amidst his thoughts, Judah heard a slight coo interrupt his thinking.

"Are you excited?" Sodai, his dove familiar asked, perched upon the table. Its piercing red eyes were transfixed on his contractor. "This is a fairly big day, young sir."

"Sure, I guess." He responded to his demonic companion. "I just want to get this all started, and over with already."

Although his words sounded as if he was reluctant and impatience, Sodai could sense the excitement and eagerness in them. Judah was never one to outwardly express such happy emotions very often, but whenever he was feeling them they were hard to hide. The boy was talented, and he knew it - and in all honesty, he was looking forward to what kind of training he would undergo and how much he would be able to show off. He looked around at his future classmates, and although he could feel an odd, but powerful presence from most of them, his confidence hadn't been shaken one bit.

Alyssa watched Noir stand up and start to walk. Well, you've done it again, Alyssa, She thought to herself. She was not the best at making friends. In fact, that was why she didn't have any. She sighed. "Pyri, why am I so bad at this?" She asked. "I think it might be because your parents - and not to be blunt - sucked." Pyri responded in a very blunt tone, making his words contradictory. She sighed again. "I can't keep doing that, is all I'm saying. I think I'll try again to make friends!" She exclaimed. She walked out into the cabin, but she had to ignite her palm to keep cool. Her daggers were also ready for use, in their sheaths on her left and right side of her hips. She found a lonely looking boy in booth D4. She decided to try a nice approach. "Hi! My name's Alyssa. This is my phoenix, Pyri. What's your name?" While she said this, Pyri looked at the boy's pigeon with a glint in his eye. Alyssa didn't know what it was, and decided that she'd find out later.

One shot. Two shots. Three shots.
Alice looked at the targets that she hung near the window of her booth. She was testing out her Gust magic, and was creating air bullets that weren't powerful to try her accuracy.
She was alone with her familiar on the booth she was assigned to in the letter that they've given her, which had D11 on it. Her school bag was already in the assigned place above, and just beside her was her handbag, in where her familiar hare Hugh was resting atop the actual bullets that she've brought.

"Wow, you're awfully excited, aren't you?" Hugh said while popping his head out from the bag.
"Something wrong with me testing?"
"No, not really. The noise you and the other students make are pretty loud, though, it's interrupting my naps."

With the mention of the other students, she looked at her booth once again and thought that she won't be having a roommate, which was all right for her. She's here to learn, after all.