• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS LoN's Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, saying this outright from the start.

I reserve the right to decline any battle without reason, if I so choose. [size=4pt]For the guys I know, this works really well as a noob filter... haha[/size]

I generally battle with my favourites. You won't find an army of Garchomp and Bronzong here, so if you use those then you'll probably have an easy but boring battle. If you actually have some variety then it should be fun :D

So, I've had enough with my random teams sitting around on Diamond/Platinum, so I thought I might as well put them to use here.

Instead of a case of "Battle me please!", you decide what team you want to face here from a selection of teams that I've made. The team you use to battle my team has to comply with my team's rules too (for instance, I'm putting my Baby Cup team in here so if yours are all level 100 Lucario then we'll have a problem here :p).

So, all of my teams comply with the Pokécharms Battle Rules, and I expect your team to do so too.

My teams, that you may pick from (Note, teams with lines through them are currently still being made and cannot be battled, yet!):

Name: My Battle Frontier team
Rules: Simple - 3 pokémon only.
Wins/Losses: 3 to 2

Name: Mono-type Grass team
Rules: 4v4 / 6v6 double battle - you don't have to use the same type.
Wins/Losses: 4 to 1

Name: Mono-type Rock team (Currently unfinished, 5% complete)
Rules: 4v4 double battle - you don't have to use the same type.
Wins/Losses: 0 to 0

Name: Baby Cup team
Rules: Baby Cup rules.
Wins/Losses: 0 to 0

Name: Full six man team
Rules: 6v6 single battle. I'll play with any clauses you want.
Wins/Losses: 6 to 1

So. Once you've decided on which team you'd like to face, fill out this form and reply here:

Friend Code:
Team I would like to battle:
Open Level, 50 or 100 (note, some teams have to be open level):

And I'll add you to the list. To arrange times, I'd prefer meeting over instant messengers or the Pokécharms Chatroom. I have MSN and Xfire, and currently I'm unwilling to download any more :p

Waiting list:

If its full, wait until it isn't to post your request.

So... I think that's about it. Friend Codes are here:

Platinum: 5456 5850 7945
Diamond: Still need to double check, and as of yet I don't need it :D

I'm available for battles any time... just make sure you contact me in chat to organise as it makes life a helluva lot easier.

I'm also writing down some more themed team ideas here, so I don't forget them :p

More mono-types
Regions
Colours
Union Room restrictions
All evolved with a stone
Non-evolving
Not Fully Evolved (Eg Ivysaur)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, interesting idea. Makes me want to make a team with a centralized theme. Are these Lvl 100 battles? I may hook up with a battle but after I get a decent enough team. xD Still building.

How about add '3rd evolution only' team too since there's a lot of them now? Or even '2nd evo only' and 'no evo only' pokemon. :]

I wouldn't mind battling your baby cup team I just hatched my future team last night so this will be fun to get some battle experience in with them ^_^

Are these Lvl 100 battles?

Oooh. Thats a good point there. I'll add that to the info.

[quote author=DA~Kaitou link=topic=5926.msg97057#msg97057 date=1239982136]
How about add '3rd evolution only' team too since there's a lot of them now? Or even '2nd evo only' and 'no evo only' pokemon. :]
[/quote]I always liked those who didn't evolve... probably another idea to add to my list :p

[quote author=Saya Usaqi link=topic=5926.msg97058#msg97058 date=1239982828]
I wouldn't mind battling your baby cup team I just hatched my future team last night so this will be fun to get some battle experience in with them ^_^
[/quote]Sure. As long as it complies with those rules and you can wait until at least Sunday :p

LoN, I'd simply love to battle your Battle Frontier team with my own. From what, I believe, if one goes on Wi-Fi to battle, your pokemon can be auto-leveled to a certain level, right?

Er, anyways, considering I can't find a place to put my friend code on the side like before, I'll put it here:

Code: 4339 8354 5479
Dahlia

From what, I believe, if one goes on Wi-Fi to battle, your pokemon can be auto-leveled to a certain level, right?
You can set it at level 50, level 100 or normal I believe. You prefer 50 or 100?

And as well, what times are you usually available / in chat?

I prefer 100 and....

Yeah. I'm kinda banned from the chat.

I can try to get MSN though, but I'm rather clueless about it, so if you could PM me on what to do there, it would be nice.

Cheers for the battle, Tangrow. Albeit a bit of an unlucky one, but I'll be happy to do another when you have your own team sorted, not your brothers :p

Friend Code: 3266 1031 5934 (Sunny)
Team I would like to battle: Battle Frontier
Open Level, 50 or 100 (note, some teams have to be open level): 50

I'd love to battle sometime! Anytime that is good for you is good for me! (The chatroom doesn't work for me, so I can't use it.)

Well unless you have MSN or Xfire, then we have no way of contacting for this.

PMs I dislike because yeah, I can send them but I have no way of knowing instantly when you come online... for example now, you're offline.

I'm sure you two will catch each other sometime/somehow. Anyway, I'd love to battle too. I actually like pm's since they go to my phone so I'll know instantly when you're available.

Friend Code: 3137 2612 0012
Team I would like to battle: Your Frontier Team
Open Level, 50 or 100: 100

I'm [almost] available anytime too.

Friend Code: 5369 7776 1202 (Sam)
Team I would like to battle: Battle Frontier

I'm looking to battling you LoN as i've only ever battled my friends over local links before and am looking forward to baattling someone new. Also I'm challenging you to a level 50 battle because my level 100 squad is incomplete

P.S i'm available must the time but I am on what i believe is the GMT timezone as I'm a UK resident

Just pop into the chat room at some point this evening, I should be there and we can talk further :D

I'm UKish also :)

If you come into chat now, I'm there too.

Edit: Good games, Kaitou! And you were probably the best guinea pig I could ask for, for my full six man team :p

Friend Code: 4640-5726-1912
Team I would like to battle: Your Frontier Team
Open Level, 50 or 100: 50

My msn is shoelace6@hotmail.com so you can add me if you want to arrange stuff there.

Edit: Good games, Kaitou! And you were probably the best guinea pig I could ask for, for my full six man team :p

Lol, can't believe I just saw this now. Yeah, that was fun. Need a tie breaker on that 6v6 battle though, don't you think? ;]

Love your new (Sora) sig too btw.

[quote author=LoN_Colossus link=topic=5926.msg99049#msg99049 date=1241377070]

Lol, can't believe I just saw this now. Yeah, that was fun. Need a tie breaker on that 6v6 battle though, don't you think? ;]
[/quote]Sure! Come find me whenever and I'll battle again :p

Edit: Anyone, feel free to post if you want a battle, I'm still around :p

Double posting here because its a relevant update, and if anyone has any quarrels with it then I'll just edit the last one again.

Just finished up my Double Battling Grass team guys :) So if anyone wants to battle that, feel free to ask.

Friend Code: 1203 6602 6156
Team I would like to battle: Mono Type Grass Team

I can only battle at 7pm or later pacific time. or 7 hours from this post. I hope thats ok. I noticed you used the phrase "i couldn't care less" and I just wanted to say thanks for using correct grammar. I hear so many people saying "I could care less" and that just doesnt make any sense. Ok well, hopefully we can battle sometime. thanks

Um. 7pm Pacific is like 5 in the morning my time :-\ (GMT +1, UK timezone)

You free early afternoon your time?

hmmm....no can do. I work all day and I can only be on from 7pm-midnight my time. If we are ten hours apart, then I can only be on at or before your 10am...sorry.
Maybe on the weekend, we can find a time.

....I'll be at heathrow airport late on Monday...haha

And also, once again.... I screwed my timezones up down in my last post. Reworking it out, its 3 in the morning for me.

hmmm....no can do. I work all day and I can only be on from 7pm-midnight my time. If we are ten hours apart, then I can only be on at or before your 10am...sorry.
I can do the mornings, my 10am for example. I've got no school or exams now so I'm free :)

My 10am for you would be 2am, if you're up that late.

[quote author=ulises87g link=topic=5926.msg107348#msg107348 date=1245102594]Maybe on the weekend, we can find a time.[/quote]I'll probably be in the 'Charms chatroom when I'm at the PC, so if you want to catch me that way then that'll be good. If not, we can stay here (as well).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Hey thar, LoN. Been thinking about posting here for a while, since I've never battled you before. I'm currently re-breeding one member of my team, but since there is no real problem with my old one it isn't a problem. I'm on the same time zone as you, and I'll be around all morning and most of the afternoon. I'll probably appear on chat at some point.

Friend Code: 3480-8902-3351 (Platinum)
Team I would like to battle: Full six man team if possible, please
Open Level, 50 or 100: 100

[quote author=LoN link=topic=5926.msg107991#msg107991 date=1245314760]
[quote author=Jirachan link=topic=5926.msg107907#msg107907 date=1245283024]
6 on 6? I have Pokemon ready. Level 100 single if you're up for it.
What times are you free? I'm GMT +1.
[/quote]I'm free about anytime. Anytime before 9:30PM PST.
[/quote]I'm sat on Wifi now, if you're ready.

[quote author=Jirachan link=topic=5926.msg108029#msg108029 date=1245340124]
[quote author=LoN link=topic=5926.msg107991#msg107991 date=1245314760]
[quote author=Jirachan link=topic=5926.msg107907#msg107907 date=1245283024]
6 on 6? I have Pokemon ready. Level 100 single if you're up for it.
What times are you free? I'm GMT +1.
[/quote]I'm free about anytime. Anytime before 9:30PM PST.
[/quote]I'm sat on Wifi now, if you're ready.
[/quote]Okay, I'll be in in at most five minutes.

Sarcasm or truth?

Either way, I think you aught to use some slight common sense in your battles. No offense, but swapping your Celebi to a Togekiss when you know I'm going to Ice Beam is a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.