• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 2: Conclusion: Lies, Slander, Death, and Statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Instead of talking at length about who did what, I'm just going to post everything that statistically happened, from the beginning. I will say first, however, that this is the closest game I have ever seen, both online and off.

So, on with the stats:

Final Member List:
Surviving members: [2/29]

Brendan (Mad Bomber)
LoN (Vigilante)
Tun (Doctor)
Carmen (Detective)
Sem (Couple with Linkachu)

Dark Soul (Mob Boss of Crimson Order)
Dia (Crimson Order)
Blazi (Crimson Order)
Cody (Crimson Order)

Chadwyck (Mob Boss of Baudelaire)
Linkachu (Baudelaire. Couple with Sem)
Luckii (Baudelaire)
Rolly (Baudelaire)

Townsfolk:
Shocari
Mr. RMA
Shiny
Indie
Belle
burp23
Sir Red
Louie Forest
SetoshiArenhariKai
Ked
Tribute
antou
CycloneBlaze
Savichez
Myth Busted (Survived)
Darkspyro97 (Survived)

Death List:
Day One:
Lynched
Savichez

Day Two:
Murdered
Linkachu (Couple)
Sem (Couple)
Luckii (Baudelaire)
Brendan Savem (Mad Bomber)

Lynched
Dark Soul (Mob Boss of Crimson Order)

Day Three:
Murdered
Sir Red [Targeted by both families]

Inactive'd
burp23
Tribute
antou

Assassinated
Blazi (Crimson Order)

Lynched
Dia (Crimson Order)

Day Four:
Murdered
Carmen (Detective)
Shocari

Assassinated
Indie

Inactive'd
Louie Forest

Lynched
Rolly (Baudelaire)

Day Five:
Murdered
LoN (Vigilante)

Grievously Wounded
Tun (Doctor) [Survived via blatant favouritism]

Disappeared
Chadwyck (Mob Boss of Baudelaire)

Converted
Shiny (Townsfolk -> Baudelaire)

Lynched
MrRMA

Day Six:
Murdered
Belle [Targeted by both families]

Inactive'd
SetoshiArenhariKai

Lynched
Cycloneblaze (by the Disembodied Coin-Wielding Hand)

Day Seven:
Murdered
Shiny (Baudelaire)
Ked

Lynched
Cody (Crimson Order)

Survived
Myth Busted
Darkspyro97

A very clever game from all sides, this one: Myth Busted and Darkspyro managed to survive mostly by not sticking out. Shiny's deception after she was converted was impressive, as was LoN's careful assassination of several key targets as Vigilante. Special mention must be given to those part of the impossibly impressive Day Two, which saw no less than five people die.

You can draw your own conclusions from the rest.

As for the next game: I plan to do another one, if people want to play, and I don't anticipate the rules changing massively. However, it likely won't be until after I'm settled at university, so expect a Mafia 3 signup thread around the end of September or early October. I will also stop doing the article posts and just post what happened, which will hopefully speed up my posts a great deal.

And finally: thanks very much to all who participated. Congratulations to those who won, commiserations to everyone else, and I hope you all had fun!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Re: Day Seven (September 1st-2nd): We're Officially Longer Than Mafia 1!

Blah. After all that, we lost. Damn you townies. D=<

And to think, right at the start I knew both Tun and LoN's identities... ;-;

[me=Linkachu]sobs for lost opportunities. [/me]

Yay! We all didn't die in vain~

Seriously, we had a good track record this time around and we were able to take out a lot of mafia back to back. Also if Chad had stayed in the game, this would've been over sooner lol.

And in other news, Shiny, you lose this one~

Now if we have a next one, PLEASE don't over dramatise it - you know who you are. A game is a game >>;

I guess Rolly was killed not long after us, huh Katie?

If I'm honest, I'm surprised Chad lasted that long!

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

What LoN said. That is all on that subject for me.

Now, I don't have much time right now, but even though I didn't survive to see it, I'm glad my fellow townspeople won this time around.

LoN said:
Now if we have a next one, PLEASE don't over dramatise it - you know who you are. A game is a game >>;

Uh... I can't help but feel I acted unreasonably too. Sorry guys. ^.^;

I had a great feeling that Shiny was the one converted. After all she had everyone's trust and the mafia hadn't killed her off until such a late point in the game... But whatever. The game is over, and the townspeople won. Congrats, guys! :3 Everyone gets a lollipop and a pat on the back.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Akira Rose said:
And in other news, Shiny, you lose this one~

Nu, I won. D:< My goal wasn't to "win", but to make sure the other side didn't win.

Fine, I lost. But it was fun~ Which is why I'm not participating next game. I made everything unfun in the end. <<

I made the game unfun, too, Shiny. Which I'd like to apologize for. Also, good game, everyone. It was quite interesting watching your evil, wicked banter back-and-forth and trying to guess who the Mafia would kill at night. Quite interesting~

Just as I guessed.

I had most of this game mapped. What I could have done for you all if I survived... I knew that Shiny would be converted sooner or later, to be honest it was later than it should have been. I think the only thing that really surprised me was Cyclone's innocence, I had him pegged as Mafia up until he died. I considered Cody, though I regarded Cyclone as more suspicious.

Good job you guys, you all put in a great effort and everyone on some degree had a victory to call their own. Except Shiny, she would have won if she killed Cody when she had the chance. And then she could make an evil speech about she led everyone about like puppets on strings. And then I could call her my apprentice. And I could say how fast she grew up. And... And... And... yeah.

Well, that was fun.

I learned a couple of things from this. First of all, people who I'd never have suspected turned out to be strategically talented. I also learned that I absolutely suck at this type of game. But I was expecting that in the first place.

And yeah, we should really stop over-dramatising.

I'm looking forward to the next game ^^

I knew it, I flippin' knew it. Shiny I haaaate you. Haaaaate. (I kid, I kid.)

Seriously though, didn't I say before I died that I was innocent and Shiny was Mafia - didn't I? I even said she was the one who was converted, and I was about the only person who accused or even suspected her! But nooooo you didn't listen, and then you lynched me D=

I had DarkSpyro pegged as Mafia though, (but mainly to save my own butt, at the time) and Cody being the Mafia surprised me. Props to Dark for that first post in this thread, it was impressive IMO.

I don't like the game myself and I won't be playing it again. It's just, I felt I couldn't talk about the game (which I did lose, yes) at all without somebody being suspicious of me. But hey, I'll elaborate on that later.

Finally, Teapot, your coin's a douche. (No offense to the magical, disembodied, fourth-wall breaking hand - or the post you made, I lol'ed - though)

EDIT:
Brendan Savem said:
I think the only thing that really surprised me was Cyclone's innocence, I had him pegged as Mafia up until he died. I considered Cody, though I regarded Cyclone as more suspicious.
D=

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Cycloneblaze said:
I don't like the game myself and I won't be playing it again. It's just, I felt I couldn't talk about the game (which I did lose, yes) at all without somebody being suspicious of me. But hey, I'll elaborate on that later.
I will say that that's one of the main detractors of this game when played online, the fact that we can't see body language and the like means everything hinges on words, or occasionally the lack thereof. We've seen quite publicly that both Mafia and townsfolk tend to go for the outspoken ones. Plus, y'know, all competitive games have an element of antagonism to them, it's part of the fun. This one just forces people to lie!
Cycloneblaze said:
Finally, Teapot, your coin's a douche. (No offense to the magical, disembodied, fourth-wall breaking hand - or the post you made, I lol'ed - though)
That was one of the few coins I don't drop when trying to flip, so it was a matter of necessity to use that one, really :p

Re: Conclusion: Lies, Slander, Death, and Statistics

....well. I did not expect to survive... of all things to be doing.

Buuuttt... I really enjoyed that. I was darned awful at it, but I liked it. :)

I'll play again next time if y'all don't mind my constant lurking and inexperience.

And Shiny... kudos. What a game! Well done. I also gotta say, Shocari did an awesome job too, and LoN. :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Statistics and analysis up in the first post. Also I split the comments to their own thread. Sue me.

Teapot said:
Grievously Wounded
Tun (Doctor) [Survived via blatant favouritism]

petey ilusm

This was fun~
I was a terrible terrible Doctor but it was fun while it lasted XD

And well done to everyone!
Even those who didn't get too far were pretty convincing and it felt like I was in a movie or something and I was playing a pretty important role but I was a terrible actor :'D

I dunno if I'll join next time round - this time was extremely fun, it's just that I would be scared to be mafia :p - but I anticipate reading more about it ♥ I loved being involved, not only in the game but also making art for it, and I'm sure next time will be just as fun for everyone, players and readers alike <3333

I was following this game and it was really good. The lies and the truths and the purposeful misconceptions and the quick accusations and the jumping to conclusions and the... you get my point. This looks really fun, even though I didn't do well last round and will probably fail again in this round. If you slip up in the wording of your post then you could be lynched by the end of the day. If you're not lynched by the end of the day then your miswording (is that a word?) will be used against you.

Also, Sho demonstrated to us what not to do. Blow your own horn. I'm not saying that the things Sho said about himself being reliable etc weren't true, but I expected him to get killed by the mafia after they realised how much of a threat he was, and he ended up getting murdered the next day. Shiny and Cyclone were helpful when they put those long posts analysing each individual and how they were suspicious.

What we can learn from DarkSpyro and Myth is that keeping quiet but going with the flow with good reasoning can help you survive, but they were accused quite a few times and DarkSpyro only just escaped death. But well done for surviving, you two and well done to the good players out there who died. You did your duty! (also, Chad was clever to convert Shiny, who played well and only got accused by one person)

/sayingthingsthateverybodyprobablyalreadyknows

So, I'm in for the next game, the amount of fun outweighs the inevitability of me being lynched/murdered within the first couple of days. See you then, guys!

Also, can I just throw this in:

Some nights, we deliberated between which target I should off, as vigilante.

So.

DS. Chadwyck. Cody. You guys got off lucky.

SUPER LUCKY.

I was originally targeting you three as well for BLATANT obviousness. But the rest of my group were so paranoid and overthinking this game beyond belief that I had to off someone else to keep them happy :D

Consider yourselves lucky >> I also targeted Chadwyck on the night I died, so I guess you could say I got him too really, as he died also.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

LoN said:

This. So much this.

But I'd still try it again. It was fun to follow it along. :)

jertyuiop said:
Shiny and Cyclone were helpful when they put those long posts analysing each individual and how they were suspicious.
Thanks =D

Anyway. couple of observations. This'll be fairly random, so listen up :p

The game is influenced heavily by people's trust in one another. At the beginning this means that the regulars will be reluctant to attack those they know, and will be more likely to attack new faces as an easy target - that's basically what happened to Savichez. Infact, I have heard people mention (trying to source a quote on this) that they trusted people in an out-of-game context, and they said it as if they'd trust a player solely based on their attitude out of the game! It must be remembered that the Godfather can make anyone Mafia, even your closest friend, and one should not pass judgement based on that, not even for a second.

Shiny makes this point:
Shiny said:
Even though it's just a game, people might be afraid to put judgment on a friend because they don't want to hurt their feelings.
This attitude shouldn't be taken either. As Data says;
Teapot said:
This is only a game, guys. The fun is in ruthlessly attacking each other in a closed, distanced environment. Make sure you're not taking it too seriously :p
From my standpoint, I couldn't care less about how you guys feel (although I'd try not to hurt you're feelings, or be rude/etc - you know that) and I don't really know any of you too well. This means I could accuse whoever I wanted with impunity, unless, of course, it'd get me killed.

On the other hand, I didn't personally like the game's atmosphere. This is a matter of personal preference. Everything and anything could, to quote Rudyard Kipling, be "twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools", so I didn't feel like saying anything early on. Later, when I learned that there was only, what, seven or eight people left, I felt it was necessary to contribute more, and did I ever contribute more. Somehow, even that was regarded as suspicious. I felt a little silly being accused for something I wasn't guilty of, and I am sure it was purely to benefit another (in this case Shiny). I did not like how she spouted false evidence and everyone trusted her, despite what I said about her:
Cycloneblaze said:
Also I'm rather alarmed at how you guys seem content to follow Shiny's accusation's and example. I'm gonna say this - she is suspicious. I bet if she'd voted to lynch someone else you'd have ignored me.
Cycloneblaze said:
Which brings me to Shiny. Our self-styled Mafia Obsessive.
No-one upon no-one (except Chad, on Day One, and he said he didn't really suspect her) has accused her of anything, she has meanwhile been a very active player. Actually, she's been quite helpful in voicing her suspicions, you can see me reference her several times in this post. I'd like to make clear, I don't find her suspicious right now, but no-one does, and I feel we should at least cast a suspecting eye over her posts.
(worth noting, I said I didn't find her suspicious there, that was said on Day Five before she'd been converted)
I said some other stuff too.
A lot of people were and would be content to simply quote a stronger player's arguments and simply agree with them. This'd be the biggest cause of a bandwagon effect. I don't like bandwagon effects really, a lot of people joining one person to create an unstoppable vehicle of "Lies, Slander, Death, and Statistics" as Data'd put it. Well, maybe not statistics. Actually:
Teapot said:
The bandwagon effect doesn't have to be! If you disagree with a motion, vote against it - it won't be wasted even if your viewpoint doesn't reach majority, and it might motivate people to vote differently if you make a coherent point.
Of course there is the point that speaking out against a bandwagon, if successful in killing a Mafia, can get you put under the radar too. Now where else was I?

Oh yeah. Many weaker players don't bother to analyse other players posts for themselves and make their own decisions, merely re-using the arguments of stronger players.
To go off on (another) tangent, more annoying is those who don't bother to play after signing up and get killed for inactivity. Why? Murphy's law dictates these people will always be townspeople. As they all were this time around. ¬_¬
Back to those weak players. That particular problem wasn't a problem in the earlier stages of this particular game because we'd plenty of active players. Of course, them being active invariably got them targeted, so later we were left with not-so-active players (and that weaselly Shiny). This meant they'd follow the stronger players lead moreso than analyse themselves - to use an example, Cody, DarkSpyro and Myth followed Shiny's lead in lynching me. Ked did her own analysis - good on her, Cody was lying low as Mafia, which explains those two. Myth was just being ineffectual - how did you survive so long, Myth? (no offense though, man.) But that's bad, because a smart player can essentially use these kind of players to attack someone else. I'd like to mention that DarkSpyro was the most active player on the fateful Day Seven, filling the role of analyst and presenting convincing arguments I'd have agreed with, had I been alive. Props to you, man!
Which brings me to the important point that you can take on other people's arguement's - I know I did. But it's best to use these in a rationale of your own, making sure you're an independent player and all that jazz.

Ehhhmmm... what else.

LoN said:
I also targeted Chadwyck on the night I died, so I guess you could say I got him too really, as he died also.
He was effin' psychic, and a good conversion he made too. Out of interest, did you ever target/suspect me? And who were you disscussing this with, anyway?

Teapot said:
Cycloneblaze said:
That was one of the few coins I don't drop when trying to flip, so it was a matter of necessity to use that one, really :p
Well, people can perform well... and still act like a douche. I guess that's just the way it is. (or it could have been luck that did it ¬¬)

Savichez said:
I had a great feeling that Shiny was the one converted. After all she had everyone's trust and the mafia hadn't killed her off until such a late point in the game... But whatever. The game is over, and the townspeople won. Congrats, guys! :3 Everyone gets a lollipop and a pat on the back.

I second this motion, especially the bit about Shiny. Especially the lollipop.

No seriously, good game everyone. 'Twas a narrow win, but the Mafioso traitors are gone for good. In a way, it was exciting, and I did enjoy it, although I don't think I'll play again.

If you feel the need to reply to this flabbergasted post with comments, corrections etc. I'd be very happy to hear it. Didn't write all that for nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cycloneblaze said:
Ehhhmmm... what else.

LoN said:
I also targeted Chadwyck on the night I died, so I guess you could say I got him too really, as he died also.
He was effin' psychic, and a good conversion he made too. Out of interest, did you ever target/suspect me? And who were you disscussing this with, anyway?

I was targeting someone one night, then people wanted you one night, as you were someone that people in our group were suspicious of. I then changed targets again for the same reason >>;

And myself, Shiny, Red, Shocari, Elise, Myth and Belle had our own chatroom to discuss this - some of us from day one.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

So ah, regarding you people of the mafia~

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... 44/mhm.png
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... 4/hmmm.png
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... tled-1.png
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... 444/ah.png
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... 4/aede.png
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... ef32rv.png
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... 44/ahm.png
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... edgfag.png

This is to show just how paranoid I was throughout the whole game... and yes, I took ALL of these.

Also, Cycloneblaze, a lot of things... like, a LOT, went on behind the scenes. Chad wasn't psychic, because I had told him that LoN was going to target him. I told LoN to target Chad that night as well. It's a circle of love :'D

I kept Myth and Darkspyro alive in the end because if I had killed Myth, everyone would know I was mafia (I kept saying he was a liability, and killing him would only make it look like- yeah), and Darkspyro took the words straight from a PM I sent him before Cody killed me.

Cycloneblaze said:
Savichez said:

I second this motion, especially the bit about Shiny. Especially the lollipop.

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciates my randomosity generosity. XD Oh, and my useless observation, that too.

As for joining another game, eh, maybe. Getting killed off in the first round didn't exactly reassure me of my performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Ah, I guess it’s about time for me to explain all the ins and outs of what happened behind the scenes~

So, Day One. Data posted the first day, and everyone was all excited but didn’t know who to accuse, who was on the opposite side, etc. Me? Yeah, I was a townsperson, but let’s just say I was, ah, willing to gain people’s trust, bending a few rules along the way.

If you only hung around in the forums and never went on to chat, you wouldn’t be able to tell that alliances were being made and whatnot. I spoke with eleven people in the first day/night cycle: Brendan, Dark Soul, Mr. RMA, Shocari, Sir Red, Linkachu, Carmen, Tun, LoN, Sem, and Chadwyck. This mostly ensured my safety for the first few nights. Along the way, I added Myth Busted, Indie, and Belle, giving myself a grand total of 14 allies within the first two days.

While several people, namely Brendan, Dark, Katie, Carmen, and Chad, were reluctant to show me their identities, the others quickly trusted me after I had showed them a screenshot of my PM from Data, and told me their identities as well. So in Day One, four of us had already found each other and made a small little anti-mafia group with ourselves: Red, LoN, Tun, and myself. And yes, we all knew each others’ identities.

At first, the group discussed quite a lot about who was part of the mafia and who wasn’t, telling LoN and Tun who to target each night. Let me bask in my egotisticalness for now~ I would like to think that I had influenced both LoN and Tun enough to direct their targets to people that I was suspicious of/worried about. We all know by now that LoN had killed Blazi, Indie, and attempted to murder Chad. It was probably because of my foolishness that Cody had survived for so long, but whatever. And it was probably because of me that Red, Sho, and LoN had died as well; I had told Tun to heal both Red and Sho a day too early, and told her to change her target from LoN to me on the night LoN was killed.

From the get-go, my primary goal was to attract enough eyes from both mafia families so that they would want to choose me as their Mob Boss convert. I had luckily got into contact with the two Bosses themselves. Only two people in the entire game knew of my intent: Sem, because he was so skillful in weeding things out of me (ihudaddy D:<), and Chad, because I had an inkling that he was part of the mafia, and I told him via query that if he was mafia, I was willing to be converted. At the time, I knew it was a huge risk for me to say something like that, and I wasn’t even sure of Chad’s identity until much later in the game.

Day Two comes around, and the little four-people group I mentioned earlier quickly expanded. Sho and Myth joined us, and both Sho and Red quickly gained Belle’s trust, even though nobody knew what her identity was. I talked to Carmen before Sho joined the group, and told her how I had suspected him; she told me that she would “investigate him”, but later noted how she had an alliance with him. I told Sho this after he had gained my trust, and... I think the two talked and actually made the alliance later? I’m not sure. At that point, I began suspecting that Carmen was the detective, but I wasn’t sure.

When we lost both Red and Sho early on in the game, LoN, Tun, and I quickly found new people to join our ranks, namely Belle and RMA. Sho had also told me that Cycloneblaze was innocent, but he couldn’t give me proof or a good explanation because he was, well, dead. I decided against recruiting Cycloneblaze; after all, I had too many allies, and eventually I knew I would have to break alliances.

At this point, Cody had revealed his identity to me as a “townsperson”, so, foolishly, I told him the identities of both LoN and Tun. I wasn’t converted at that particular time, and had I not been converted... well, this game would’ve been very different anyways. XD I did keep him in the dark regarding LoN and Tun’s choices, though.

Although many of you guys would probably think that my actions were purely based on the fact that I was an aspiring mafia-to-be, the truth is, I’ve been sincerely trying to help the townspeople up until the point I contacted Chad again. I would like to believe that I had manipulated him when I told him that several people suspected him, and that he would die either by the vigilante’s hand or the opposing mafia’s hand, and the doctor couldn’t save him anymore because she had already healed him the previous day, but obviously Chad’s not that dumb. But I did suggest for him to attack Tun, since having her around would’ve totally messed up my plans~ Like, seriously, if I had killed either her or LoN, my allies, both dead and alive, would’ve known, and would’ve targeted me.

Speaking of LoN, I told him pretty much right after all this that I suspected Chad. As I pressed “enter” to send my message to LoN, I realized it was a stupid mistake. Why have LoN kill Chad, who was going to die anyways by converting me, when I could have him kill Cyclone like he was already planning to? I quickly tried to cover myself up, by telling him that Belle was suspicious of Ked and that we should probably kill Ked instead. Of course, LoN didn’t listen to me. This was probably my worst mistake in the game; it completely gave me away to the one person whom I knew could kill me in the night without my knowledge.

So by then, I knew it was impossible for me to survive much longer, so I sent out PMs to Ked, Setoshi, and DarkSpyro to create alliances with them, like I did with almost everyone else much earlier in the game. My initial plan had been to keep LoN alive for as long as possible, along with Cody, whom by now I had suspected of being the from the other mafia family. Why? It would’ve shortened the game by a lot. But LoN was dead, which probably kept me alive much longer than if he hadn’t been killed. I mean, he knew from before Day 5 even started that I was converted by Chad because I had been acting strangely... I have to thank Cody for killing him right when I was converted. :’D

After RMA was lynched, I knew keeping Belle around was going to hurt my chances of winning. She was one of the few people left who knew that RMA was innocent, the other being Ked, and she also had connections to the super-smart dead people in chat that would undoubtedly tell her about how suspicious I was acting. However, I also knew that killing her that night would’ve aroused even more suspicions around me, and I had the feeling that Cody would target her, too. I mean, so far, only regulars had been targeted in the night rounds, and Belle would’ve been a threat to him as well. But I had to take the chance; I couldn’t leave her around.

After Belle, my biggest threat would’ve been the one person who wasn’t allied up with me: Cycloneblaze. Turns out I was right, because after I had accused him, he tried to get everyone else to turn against me and whatnot. Had I not made alliances with so many people, I wouldn’t have survived past that round. But my allies didn’t just avoid lynching me, they defended me as well! :’D I don’t regret not having allied myself up with Cycloneblaze, since I wanted to limit the number of alliances I broke (RMA ILU I’M SORRY D:).

After Cyclone was killed by a coin flip, and Setoshi was killed off for inactivity, there were only five people left. My chances of surviving that night were really slim, and I knew it. If I had survived, my biggest threat was not Cody, but Ked, because she knew that I had accused both RMA and Cyclone, people that I had told her earlier were innocent (I’m guessing that’s why she didn’t vote against Cyclone in Day 6), and it was a really high possibility that I had killed Belle in the night as well. I knew I had to get rid of Cody as well, but it was too risky to leave Ked alive and kill him. However, I had one last trick up my sleeve before my death: I sent PMs to Myth and Darkspyro, the remaining survivors, with proofs and whatnot about Cody’s mafianess. It wasn’t exactly breaking the rules, since nowhere did Data ever say I couldn’t private message people about my opinions and whatnot. I just bent the rules a bit.

So in the end, I didn’t lose~ Okay, so I died, but I didn’t die in vain. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I sent PMs to Myth and Darkspyro, the remaining survivors, with proofs and whatnot about Cody’s mafianess.

If you had "proofs", is that really an "opinion"? :x

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

jfuivjwfioevwegowvjero

I wasn't dead at the time, so it's not against the rules D:<

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:
jfuivjwfioevwegowvjero

I wasn't dead at the time, so it's not against the rules D:<

Oh. Fair dues then. Well played, Shiny. I totally would've had you killed early on if I hadn't died first turn~ XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Even with our alliance? D:

Butbutbut I was so helpful for you in the end ;_; had I not been there, the Baudelaire's timeline would've ended with LoN killing Chad~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I so wanted to kill off LoN and Tun too! ;-;

Wow, seriously I'd never thought that I would survive trough the game, not alone of course, if it wasn't because of shiny I could have been killed earlier when we had a tie between Cyclone and me.

I'd really like to join into the next game, I did found this game to be very interesting and fun.

Shiny said:
After Cyclone was killed by a coin flip, and Setoshi was killed off for inactivity, there were only five people left. My chances of surviving that night were really slim, and I knew it. If I had survived, my biggest threat was not Cody, but Ked, because she knew that I had accused both RMA and Cyclone, people that I had told her earlier were innocent (I’m guessing that’s why she didn’t vote against Cyclone in Day 6), and it was a really high possibility that I had killed Belle in the night as well. I knew I had to get rid of Cody as well, but it was too risky to leave Ked alive and kill him. However, I had one last trick up my sleeve before my death: I sent PMs to Myth and Darkspyro, the remaining survivors, with proofs and whatnot about Cody’s mafianess. It wasn’t exactly breaking the rules, since nowhere did Data ever say I couldn’t private message people about my opinions and whatnot. I just bent the rules a bit.
Nope, I just didn't vote against Cyclone because Darkspyro looked more suspicious. Besides, I wouldn't vote against you at all. I didn't suspect you were mafia, and we made that little agreement before~ But then you went and killed me D:<

Good game everyone! It was really fun and I hope to play again next game :'D

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

So, in the end, I was used until my worth was no longer needed... To be honest, I suspected being used well before the game even started, due to the events that conspired during the first game, but I had no idea who could've been behind it, no matter how many times I read and reread the posts of the days before, especially once Brendan was killed off early on. As such, I was powerless for most of the game, with the Rolly lynch being a fatal error on my attempt to speak out a little more. (Though at least he was legit Mafia. I still feel pretty good about that as a consolation) In a basic sense, I was pretty much an idiot in this game, no two ways about it. I had trust in alliances, when even though in a way I knew in the back of my head that this trust would somehow lead me to my death in one form or another. Because of this, I wasn't angry at my betrayers and/or the Mafia (ilu2 Shiny), but rather, I was angry at myself for not being able to do anything to save my own skin, no matter how hard I tried.
Truthfully, I suck at this game, but even though that's the case, I'm definitely going to join in the next one, simply because I feel sooner or later I'll be able to get in the swing of things and avoid the suspicions cast upon me in this specific round. Who knows, maybe I'm just bad as a townsperson. Guess that'll be proven one way or another in a future round at some time.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

This was certainly an...interesting game, that's for sure. :x Kudos to our survivors. I thought that going into that last night you guys were done for, but you pulled it out. :'D

Also, yeah, we need to not get so wrapped up in things next game. Sure, in the thread we kind of have to be accusing and watching for things, that's how the game is played; but going to near startling degrees outside of the game to figure things out is a bit much. :x

So yeah, excited for the next game. :3

Kudos for sure. I reeeaalllyyyy wanted to believe you guys were done for :x

I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate in the next game. My Three Angels and Richard III will have me away from internet for ungodly periods of time ;_;

But yeah, the secret meetings and stuff totally ruined the game this time around. And even though there isn't really a way to enforce it, perhaps a rule to ban allying yourself with others?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I completely agree with all that. Sure, all that figuring stuff out was fun, but it got to the point that the game turned into... something almost waaaay too ridiculously serious. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Shiny 徐壽琳 said:
I completely agree with all that. Sure, all that figuring stuff out was fun, but it got to the point that the game turned into... something almost waaaay too ridiculously serious. XD

Dare I say it, the thing basically turned into the regulars verses the newer members sometimes (okay, MORE than sometimes). So, yeah, I kinda agree with Sho's idea thar. Even if it couldn't be directly enforced, the honor system would probably keep most of us in-check. ;)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

^I feel as if that "honor system" thing was directed at me <<

Even though I'm not actually planning to play next game, I still wanna be a part of the game by doing something. Like, writing the stories again. Even though I suck (and have a slight writer's block, hence why the Day 6 and Day 7 chapters aren't up yet).

And pffft yeah I wanna play next game. D: Butbutbut life and me being a jerk this game and me being oh-too-obsessed this time really showed me that I shouldn't actually be playing anymore.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

That comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular actually. You're being too hard on yourself. xD

If you wanna play again next 'round, then play! :)

Linkachu said:
I so wanted to kill off LoN and Tun too! ;-;
ilu2

Also, I'd like to note:

As soon as I died, I instantly came into chat and screamed at Shiny that she was converted. Instantly. And her defence was so comically awful XD

You guys really overthink this. If I didn't actually get into that group from day 1, I'd probably have killed a lot more of you. :D

If you guys are more like "This guy is suspicious." as opposed to *coughshinycough* "Well in the intricacies that went on in the seventeenth hour of the third day, where these people had this questionably long sentence in comparison to the rest of their post, I hereby declare them somewhat possibly Baudelaire as opposed to Crimson Order"

WHAT. Srsly, you guys soooo overthink. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.