• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VII - Day One (16th-18th Dec): Welcome to the Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atma

Formerly Karu
Re: Mafia VII - Day One (16th-18th Dec): Welcome to the Jung

Simple logic, lynching someone else by the laws of nature increases your odds of survival for at least the briefest moment. Now whilst I understand this may not apply in this situation and will probably make me a target, it will suffice for the sake of simplicity and murdering random people. I would however liek to point out I have firsthand experience of this matter when it has shall we say ... ended with poor circumstance.

Lynch Blazi, He's clearly the Origami Killer.

I see your point.

Like Riley and Red said being silly gets in our way, Blazi just posts random stuff later on and people treat it as suspicious and causes discussion that almost derail us from hitting Mafia. It'll happen eventually.

As for suspicious behaviour all I've done is try to ruffle a few feathers with Riley and Blazi to see how they react and to catch them out. The rest of my posts were a perfectly reasonable opening, going along with Riley's theory and asked questions. I don't particularly see any reason for you to see me as suspicious. So give me a reason why I am suspicious? Or I'm considering calling you out.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Joshawott said:
I don't particularly see any reason for you to see me as suspicious. So give me a reason why I am suspicious? Or I'm considering calling you out.

I'm assuming this was directed at me? Saying things like "Are we crossing Sho and Riley off the hit list for now?", which I later realized Brendan did too, just makes me shake my head because I have seen no evidence to suggest that either of them aren't mafia (hence my last two posts). You were also one of the first people to push a Blazi bandwagon which, yes, is suspicious to me when it was fairly obvious that Blazi is just being silly. I understand Karu's reason for putting down his lynch vote but it still seems wasteful. We're more than likely killing off a townie and gaining no insight from doing so. Yay?

And I'd be surprised if you didn't call me out. I'd call anyone out at this point.

I was asking a question. I said I understood the reasoning, never said I agreed. Also I joined the bandwagon because it is better than stabbing in the dark, and I feel abstaining leads us back to square one hence we have no leads again. Also going against bandwagons ends in disaster which is why I'm guessing Red's Mafia whacked me.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Linkachu said:
We're more than likely killing off a townie and gaining no insight from doing so. Yay?

This I have to disagree with you on, Katie. If Blazi is killed it actually gives us quite a few leads, depending on what his revealed alignment is. I'm still not for his death, as I never have been. When I first threw his name out there I was more critiquing his ridiculous play than saying he should be lynched.

I'm with El on catching up...minus the alcohol-induced sleep. ;_____;

Josh, your posts are starting to scare me a bit. This call for the immediate and definite blood of Blazi to be spilled. Not going to lie here, I'm all for lynching someone Day 1, but everyone else is right: Blazi's just being silly.

It seems to me that you want him dead very, very quickly. Is this so Petey will bring the night faster and you can off one of us in the night sooner? Maybe, maybe not. While none of us are certain as to who Mafia members are at this point, it's safe to say that you're the most suspicious of all of us right now, Josh.

Or could this be a clever Jester ploy?

Karu said:
Simple logic, lynching someone else by the laws of nature increases your odds of survival for at least the briefest moment.

You would think that to be true, but consider this: with that person dead, that's one less person who could die instead of you. Also, the circumstances of their death could implicate you, especially if they turn out to be innocent and you were among the first to single them out.

As it stands, I'm starting to find you just as suspicious as Josh, if only for casting a vote so early without any logical evidence or reasoning. I said it earlier: lynching someone because of posting something silly has yielded good results once or twice, but also some very bad ones.

Atma

Formerly Karu

Although true, I most certainly can't be changing that now. I suppose I'll have to sit and watch now, the tides will turn. Lynching on round 1 is always going to have a nefarious result, it simply stands in my opinion that a stagnating chain of abstainance would be pointless.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Seeing as Sho brought it up, I may as well discuss it now.

Josh has been constantly steering us toward lynching Blazi. Nobody had really discussed any actual possibilities and then he threw out a question of us bandwagoning Blazi. But the way he did it was by trying to make it seem like it was our idea and he was trying to confirm it. To the best of my knowledge the only one who had posted such a thing previous to that was Riley.

Josh continues to subvertly steer us towards lynching Blazi without coming right out and saying it; trying to plant the seed in our minds. Could Blazi be Mafia? Sure, but at this point he hasn't done anything to really make me think so. At this point, Josh has been the most suspicious to me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sir Red said:
Linkachu said:
We're more than likely killing off a townie and gaining no insight from doing so. Yay?

This I have to disagree with you on, Katie. If Blazi is killed it actually gives us quite a few leads, depending on what his revealed alignment is.

Fair dues, Red. Any knowledge is better than none, and while unlikely there's still the real possibility that Blazi could be mafia. I think I'd just prefer knowing that a lynch vote was going towards someone truly suspicious verses someone who was just being silly. Karu's rationale doesn't seem like a good usage of our day, to me at least.

You might be onto something Red.

There's also the possibility that Josh is the Detective, and that he used Night Zero to identify Blazi. Could this be a subtle hint as to what Josh found out? It would be a very covert way of doing so.

Or maybe he's the Lady/Lord of the Night and found out via role-blocking?

Or maybe it's just nothing at all. Maybe they're both Townspeople. Maybe Josh is Mafia trying to get us to want to kill innocent Blazi.

There's a ton of possibilities here, but in the words of Professor Snape, Josh is "up to something."

Knowing Josh personally, I'm thinking he is getting rattled everytime he hears his name and before moving onto the 3rd page, we were talking about people to lynch nobody stuck out. Going for Blazi was my shot in the dark, Josh was just joking around at first, and then joined this supposed bandwagon but was just people against Blazi's silliness, no other names stood out. Now when the only other suspect his him, he wasn't exactly going to be asked to be lynched.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here as the rattled ones tend to be innocents.

I'm going to retract my accusation of Blazi however, if we are certain that we are keeping him in. Josh seems to be getting rattled so I'll avoid him for now. So it's either gonna be voting at random or abstaining, I'm thinking abstaining may be the better choice.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Well I don't think he could be the Lady of the Night, as there is no Mafia killings to block during the first night. :x

Other than that, the Detective is a possibility. Really everyone who is playing this time I could see as having a role, as everyone has either played at least once or been around Charms long enough that they can be held accountable to not abandon the game.

I'm really hoping Blazi posts something, anything, to give us a bit more to go off of. :\

Edit: Interesting that you are now defending Josh and backing off Blazi, Riley. You are always all for lynchings, abstaining is not your style. Obviously you could be defending him because you're good friends, but I noticed that it was both you and Josh that first threw actual names out there for lynchings and pushed Blazi. Now you're going back on it?

And as far as I'm concerned, there is no benefit of the doubt in Mafia. From prior experience if somebody gets rattled by being accused it often means they're hiding something. ;) I'm not saying I'm convinced that Josh is Mafia, actually at this point I almost would rather go the Blazi route or abstaining and see where that leads us.

Riley, I'm now more suspicious of you than ever. You said earlier that your posting style had changed. Now you are being defensive of someone who the rest of us view as very suspicious.

While none of us have any solid proof that Josh is anything more than just suspicious, this post of yours makes me think that you and him are related, because you want to keep him alive. Defense out of friendship? Perhaps. Mafia buddies? Maybe. Couple? More likely.

Still no solid evidence against anyone yet, so no need to fret~

EDIT: DAMMIT RED. YOU POSTED ALMOST EXACTLY WHAT I WAS POSTING.

Defending the most suspicious person. Sounds like something Tan and Red did last game with me when I scapegoated myself.

And if you guys hadn't been so lynch happy in Day 1 in Game 5 and 6, I would have abstained.

I've been rattled twice, both times I was a townie, knowing Josh is similar to me which is why we've been friends for so long makes me think he is innocent because it is exactly what I do.

Welp, that escalated quickly.

I'm actually being truthful here with the joking around of killing Blazi. After seeing Red and Riley's posts I thought "I'll just follow their lead, I'm sure some others will join in" I asked for confirmation and said I'm up for the bandwagon. I never went further on the matter because killing the only person that had been mentioned seemed better than randomly voting. I never said it definitely needs to be Blazi's blood spilled. And I never wanted a lynch to be immediate I would rather it be drawn out anyway to get more leads.

I think some of you are trying fabricate false evidence or the connotations made are wrong.

Rileyixx said:
I've been rattled twice, both times I was a townie, knowing Josh is similar to me which is why we've been friends for so long makes me think he is innocent because it is exactly what I do.
You should never do stuff like this in a game of Mafia. You know him well in real life, so you trust him, but what if he's Mafia and gets you killed? You shouldn't trust ANYONE, not even your friends.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Rileyixx said:

Now that's a curious statement. Riley, going by this statement, would you recognize it if Josh truly was hiding something? You're making it sound like Josh's reactions are fairly transparent and maybe they are, or maybe he's just gotten better at Mafia. Or maybe you know something we don't.

For once I'm not calling either of you out on this. I'm honestly just curious to see what you think. :o

EDIT: Luckii inb4'd me while I was typing. ;-;
Now I know how Sho felt, rofl.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Rileyixx said:
Defending the most suspicious person. Sounds like something Tan and Red did last game with me when I scapegoated myself.
*facepalm* Sho possibly accuses you both of being Mafia, so you turn around and use an example of two Mafia members defending one another? Odd play, to say the least.

Also Josh, "fabricating evidence" is the whole point of this. :p You look at the subtlest of things that people say and do and try to connect them to being Mafia. Sometimes you are right and sometimes you are wrong. We have no way of knowing for sure until somebody is dead.

xD So many inb4's

I'm thinking there is a small possibility of him being Mafia but personally I don't think he is hiding anything. I think after knowing him 16 years I could tell when he is lying or not

I'm sure in Game 5 if it wasn't for the whole Shiny revelation, either me or him would of been offed instead and he was a townie that time he is practically doing the same thing against less evidence here he went for Sem after Shiny revealed herself this time he is just following my lead with the look of things.

EDIT: Red, look who you are talking to I should be called odd xD And my game play is always odd or all over the place.

Can I ask where do we go from here as people seem to be edging off me, I have no idea where we stand on Blazi.

I'm personally not going to vote for him unless he posts something else to make him more (and sufficiently) suspicious to me. So unless that happens, or something else worth my vote, I'll probably be abstaining. But we've got some daylight left, so who knows what can happen?

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do. @.@

Many of you are making very good points; I'm still suspicious of Blazi, and it has also occurred to me that he is either

A) the Jester, and is trying to get himself killed,

B) Purposefully trying to get people to condemn him so they are suspected and quite possibly killed, or

C) He is trying to see who the biggest(and most suspicious) threats are, so if he is Mafia, his family will sacrifice him during the day to throw people off, and kill the most suspicious people at night. Using this method, he is the scout, sacrificed for the good of his Mafia family if he is one.(That's if everyone in a Mafia family, dead or alive, wins if one of their family members is still alive at the end; I'm not clear on that.)

That or he's just being silly. :p

And thanks to the arguments of several of you, I also have suspicions about Riley, Shocari, and Josh as well. I'm for abstaining if we can't find less obscure evidence about someone.

Hmm, interesting you brought up Shocari, Zekrom. I would say that some of what Sho has said could be considered suspicious but I don't think it is anything worth worrying over.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Don't worry about Sho, through some random means he'll be dead in the first four days. The man is physically incapable of making it far into this game. At the moment, though, Sho is a bit further down on my list than Josh, Blazi and Riley.

As for ShinyZekrom's comments on Blazi:

I would agree with you on some of those theories if Blazi hasn't done something like this in a previous game. He posted "I am Mafia" nothing more and never commented again. Nobody has any idea why he does this, but it's really rather a bother and messes with they day when he does such things. I'm thinking he's doing it to be ridiculous, which is not helpful to us at all.

You know, screw it. I've been slowly talking myself into the benefits of lynching Blazi for a while now. I'm not convinced enough that Riley or Josh is Mafia to vote for them and I don't really have an opinion on Abstaining. Lynch Blazi.

If he's Mafia, awesome. If he's not, at least we won't have to sift through his silliness to find who is truly suspicious. If he's the Joker/Jester, I really don't care because he was just going to deter us from finding the Mafia anyways. So from where I'm sitting his death can be vindicated no matter what.

Sir Red:

I didn't know Blazi did this sort of thing before, because this is my first time, but thank you for letting me know.

Riley:

Those were just a few names on my list of the people I suspect more than others. I highly suspect Josh, Blazi, and you, but not so much Sho; I just threw those out. After Mafia 6, Sho mentioned on chat who was good at this(including himself). So, I'm also suspicious of Brendan, Red, and Linkachu. Also, I just looked on here about some people doing things in previous games(like Brendan on Game 1, who was apparently not suspected of being Mafia at all, as far as I could tell).

Although if you are trying to start a bandwagon about lynching me, you're welcome to. For all we know, you could be Mafia, or I could be a Jester, and I planted his name in there to make you suspicious. Or I could be Mafia, trying to cleverly defend myself. You just can't tell from something as simple as that.

Well I couldn't decide so the all mighty coin flip decides Lynch Blazi

When does the 1st Day officially end? I want to wait 'til the last minute. And if you answer, say it in how many hours & minutes from now it is, instead of telling me the time, as we could quite possibly live in different time zones.

I'm just going to Lynch Riley because you drag me down everywhere. Plus it has at more credibility than lynching Blazi

I'm going to say lynch Blazi.

At this stage, if he's being silly and random for the sake of silliness, then that's too much of a liability. I wouldn't care otherwise, but it's already distracted us from finding Mafia for too long.

Son of a B----. I hate all of you!!!
I forget to post when this was first opened... and I come back to post today and All of you are out posting making it overly hard for me to catch up!!

I can see why most people are pointing fingers at each other, because abstaining really gets us nowhere, and looking though the posts I think Blazi is just being silly... I'm not all that inclined to lynch him though... I cant really say much more then that seeing as I skimmed the posts... Soo.. Those are my thoughts for now..

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

JadaStark2015 said:
Son of a B----. I hate all of you!!!
I forget to post when this was first opened... and I come back to post today and All of you are out posting making it overly hard for me to catch up!!

Story of my life

It's going to be interesting seeing Blazi's reaction to this...

However, I personally don't think lynching Blazi is going to get us anywhere. Some of you already heard me rant about this, but he's a highly inactive player. The fact that he's been spiralling to his own doom without even attempting to defend himself proves that. Trying to kill him will get us mostly nowhere, he'll most likely be booted from the game by Teapot anyway if he keeps going on like this. Waste of time in my opinion, but alas, the majority of voters so far have spoken, and the fact that we're going to kill someone, mafia or not, should be enough.

Now, on to my vote. I currently have my eyes on Riley and Joshy, mostly because of how Riley is willing to bet Josh on being innocent because they're irl friends. Yet Joshy is so happy to just throw his friend into the fire.This will be interesting in the next day. Between the two of them, Riley so far has drawn the most attention with his controversies, but that's mostly because he's been posting the most. And as Red said, Joshy seems to have been shaken slightly from being accused, so that sounds like something to pry. So I will cast my vote in for Joshawott, even though I'm not fully convinced of my own reasoning yet, for today though, you're my best bet. Tomorrow, well let's see where that takes us.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I agree with you Brendan, Riley and Josh thus far seem more likely to be Mafia than Blazi. I voted for Blazi because if he continues to post random things like that then he won't be booted from the game for inactivity and he will continue to be a talking point. I mean, he became a major talking point this whole day when he really should never have been one. Edit: By the way, the two people who made Blazi a talking point by repeatedly bringing him up you ask? Josh and Riley.

In this case I'd rather be proactive than sit back and do nothing. Besides, for all we know Blazi could very well be Mafia.

I believe currently we have:
Blazi - 4
Josh - 1
Riley - 1
Petey - 1

Well, since this is the last time I can post before Night, I'll just cast my vote in now.

Lynch Blazi.

I doing this for the same reasons as you guys, but also because it's better than abstaining, since he'll be kicked anyway, but getting him out the way makes it easier so we're not spending too much time speculating about his actions.

Also, I'm very apprehensive about tonight. I have a feeling that I'll be killed by Mafia, because

1. I'm a newbie.

2. If Riley is Mafia, I could be one of his family's targets.

3. If Blazi is voted for and lynched, and is Mafia, his family might start killing off the people who voted to get rid of him.

As I said, still suspicious about a number of people, primarily Josh & Riley at this point.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I'm not sure if it'll amount to anything, but for today I'm also voting to lynch Joshawott. Even if I do agree with Red's reasoning (made worse by the fact that Blazi hasn't replied again, not even to say "it was a joke!"), it's not enough reason for me (yet) to put down a vote towards Blazi. If I'm to follow my greatest suspicions it's Josh who's peaked them. Maybe Josh's comments have just been majorly misinterpreted, but there's just as good of a chance that they've meant something more. He's also come off a lot more suspicious than Riley, right down to his sudden voting towards Riley (although that's likely just friendly rivalry). Time will tell.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

ShinyZekrom009 said:
When does the 1st Day officially end? I want to wait 'til the last minute. And if you answer, say it in how many hours & minutes from now it is, instead of telling me the time, as we could quite possibly live in different time zones.
Mafia days start and end at 8pm GMT, or as close to it as I can manage :)

Welp, for lack of a better suspect and because there's already a bandwagon anyway; Lynch Blazi.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

I was waiting for Blazi to defend himself at least once before we started nearing the end of this first day, but, since he hasn't, and really, I don't find any other people any more suspicious at the moment, I'm gonna go ahead and vote to lynch Blazi as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.