• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join MHA - Heros Of Tomorrow (RP Thread) (AU)

“Right, lets go.” Katsumi said as he sprout his wings from his back. “If you can, try and get close to the robots and mess up their electronics somehow, there’s gotta be a panel on them so try and find it, then I can do the rest from there. But first, I say we get away from everyone else so we have a bunch of robots to ourselves.” He suggested, beginning to head in the direction with the least people.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
As soon as they were allowed to head out, Jake and Bordie went straight into action, finding a small group of robots they acted almost on instinct with each other, Jake wrapped a pair of green chains around Bordie, she then ran along the side of a building using her surefootedness to find even the smallest ledges and cracks, then the span throwing Jake at the group, as he was flying through the air he retracted his chains and opted for a purple chain from each wrist, then smashed clean through the group of robots, he landed on the ground a bit awkwardly, "damn, I could never get the landing right" he muttered to himself, Bordie chuckled and walked over, her ears twitching as she picked up nearby sounds "there are more nearby, let's go" she said excitedly before burrowing into the ground and heading to the next group of bots, Jake sighed and began to swing his way along using his green chains.

Ryu turned back to Kunyomi. "Oh my, a wolf! Everyone take cover we're about to be eaten!" He dove off to the distance, curling up in a ball to defend himself with his eyes closed. It took a bit to reopen them, and he then realized that wolf was actually a person, and he stood up again. "Oh... eh... sorry. Yeah, I think that'd be okay. Hey, do you know where that... nevermind." Ryu looked around, looking for any place to take cover from any robots. "Maybe we should form a probable plan... At least if we want to be in this school.," he suggested.

Séan was surprised to see Yua transform into a bear right infront of his eyes. It looked quite gross, and yet he couldn't look away until she had changed completely into a bear. That's so cool! He thought to himself. Yua would definitely be a good ally in this kind of exam.
"Awesome! I have a plan already! It involves me and Wyatt as bait for the robots and Yua as our tank. Wyatt, would you like a weapon? I can give you one as long as you promise not to break it because that would hurt a lot" Séan said, still with a huge grin. Then the principal started the exam but Séan waited for confirmation from his teammates before running out to destroy a bunch of robots, even though he was itching for a fight.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Wyatt turned around in a flash at Yua warning. When she was finished he turned to see a huge bear on his side.
"...whoa." was all he could say. Although many questions arose (How did she get close to a bear? How is it like being a bear? How does that thought-speak work? ...Would she mind if I ride her?), he simply shook it off.
Then the previously eight foot tall girl walked over as a TEN FOOT TALL girl, and asked to join.
Yeah, no, that's definitely the work of a quirk.
Well, Sean had accepted her, and had offered Wyatt a weapon. Wyatt gave a huge grin.
" Me? A weapon? I already AM a weapon! "
To demonstrate, he lightened his body and sped-ran to the nearest robot. He jumped, front flipping for the heck of it, and immediately made himself heavier to crash through and destroy the robot. Sparks and metal flew everywhere.
He rose from the scrap metal, a huge grin of his face, although he walked rather wobbly.
"See? It's just a little...dazing..." he said, still grinning, but attempting to keep balance.

Last edited:

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi shifted back and told her group, "Well, if we want to defeat these robots quickly, then we're gonna have to know each other's quirks. I can transform into a wolf, as you saw, and I can manipulate flame." She demonstrated by sprinting over to a 1-pointer and burning a hole in its head, causing it to keel over and crash onto the ground.

As all the would be students began to run in to the city where their exam took place, Kaito followed suit and quickly looked around to see any robots up for grabs, but he decided that if he went farther, then there were less people to take his shots. Kaito leaned forward slightly and from his back, eight long black tentacles emerged. "Alright, let's do this. Kaito said to himself as two of his tentacles pushed against the ground and elevated his body in the process, his other tentacles latched on to the wall of the nearest building and made him scuttle across it like a spider.

Once he thought he was a decent distance away--only a few blocks--Kaito looked to see three robots slowly approach him, the blue skinned individual grinned and leaped off the side of the building on to one of the robots. "Hi." Kaito said cheerfully before his eight tentacles began to tear up the robot he was on piece by piece, some pieces he threw towards the other robots who attempted to charge at him. Kaito quickly jumped away and used six of his tentacles to grab one robot and immediately throw it in to the other.

“I can, uh, o-ok, I think you all should know my quir-rk, if we are gonna w-work together.” Ki said. “I can absorb su-sunlight to grow taller, and I ca-can shoot beams using the energy I store up growing tall” Ki said. Ki then saw a robot and shot its head off, shrinking to 9”6. “ I also shrink while I s-shoot the beams” Ki said, hoping no one brought to much attention to her.

"Well, we have flames and laser beams? Oh that wolf was Kunyomi all along... We seem to already have an upper hand against these robots. If we work together, we could score higher and have a better chance of being accepted," he pondered for a bit," I know! Ki can be a distraction whilst everyone attacks the robots! If she grows to enough stature, the robot will pay more attention to her, and with the flashy lasers, there's no way that the robot will focus on anyone else!" He pondered again. "Kunyomi can easily destroy the robots, so she could attack from behind. To even further discombobulate the robot, I could use my quirk to create a thick fog. But then everyone would have to wear these suits, and Ki might shrink and her suit would pull her down." That was probably the most extensive Kyu's Japanese vocabulary was, he didn't mutter a single thing from his mother tongue, which made him a bit proud. However, he still needed to find his role in the project. Maybe running around in a circle would circulate the gas in his pattern, which would shield Ki from any robot attacks by a thick cloud of gas. He still had to think of a probable plan for him. "Wait, I've heard that Phosphorus trifluoride is highly flammable... I will use it to cover the robot in the fog, so when Kunyomi uses the flame, it will have even more of an effect!," he said, seemingly without any regard for Nao.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Yua nodded her massive bear head in affirmation, before letting out a fearsome roar. A robot got close, and she stabbed four swordlike claws into one of its joints, then closed her jaws around its head and yanked. It came off the body in a shower of sparks, and she dropped it. One down, about a hundred fifty more to go. <Well? Are we doing this, or what?>

Séan sprung into action, with amazing speed. He managed to decapitate one robot and then another in about 15 seconds (the fact that those two robots weren't too far away from each other certainly helped).
"I bet 1000 yen that i'll destroy more robots than either of you after this is over!" Séan shouted over to Wyatt and Yua (OOC: 1000 yen is about 9 dollars according to google, don't know if it's accurate), while laughing. He started moving towards one of the buildings, while attracting a few robots to his location so that Yua could have a clearer path (and so that she could help him if he needed any help). He was hit on the legs, arms and in the stomach once but he managed to dodge most attacks.

=Nightshade=

<Not if I can help it,> Yua thought-spoke to Sean, grinning in her head. She dropped to all fours and lumbered off after him, tearing through robots on the way. She slammed into a robot with one pile-driver shoulder, and it attempted to wrap a metallic arm around her throat. Yua bared her teeth in satisfaction; nothing penetrates the grizzly’s thick ruff of neck fur, except for maybe a bullet or laser beam. One swipe of a massive paw and the robot’s head was cleanly separated from its body. Something sliced into her hind leg, and she whirled, crushing the robotic culprit between her front paws and the ground. She growled, then followed Sean back into the fray.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Takashi's clones finally made it to Sean's group. There were about 15 of them that came to assist the others, " Takashi has a bunch of robots around him and might need your help" he said, pointing in the direction Takashi was. The other clones assisted with the robots, weakening them for the others. One of the clones decided to hug Yua, "So it is like hugging a dog", he disappeared in a ball of smoke, the others following. Now all the clones were disappearing.

Takashi was now in trouble, the clones were going and the crowd of robots were starting to over power him. He was able to take on three at a time, but they started to push towards him. He threw some smoke bombs and tried to escape, but a two pointer robot dragged him into the ground. He slashed frantically, metal met with metal and one of the robots fell, but another took its place.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Wyatt mock-sighed " You're just taking advantage of me y'know. How is weight change going to compare to sword wielding?"
He looked around, some robots were surrounding him. He needed to efficiently take down these bots without a dangerous football-esque tackle that could risk breaking something. His legs brushed over the metal from his previous robot victim surrounding him, giving him an idea.
"Welp, here goes nothing."
He jumped high, and forced his weight to increase on the way down. He landed, the force of the impact sending the robots around him in the air, and the metal flying. The ring of metal pierced through the ring of bots, splitting them into bigger piles of metal.
Huh, that did work. What do ya know.
Takashi ran by him. Twice.
Wait what?
From behind him, a group of Takashi's were running around the place, slashing robots. That is, until the robots started slashing them. Puff of smoke after puff of smoke, the takashi's were gone.
He turned to see the original takashi in trouble. Poor guy was surrounded by a bunch of robots.
"Oh crap! Watch out!" Wyatt sped-ran to one of the metal-pierced robots, shifted his weight to be heavier, and using the momentum from his dash, kicked it. The bot flew through the air, clearing a line through the sea of metal near Takashi. Wyatt followed suit, body slamming the robot in front of takashi.
He jumped of the broken bot, grinned, and winced. "Ow. Body slamming metal hurts, apparently. You need help?"

Last edited:
Séan saw all of the Takashis running around, and some of them dissapeared quite quickly. It was certainly surprising to see a bunch of the same guy all in one place, but he guessed it was part of Takashi's quirk. He even saw one of the clones give Yua a hug.
"That's a neat trick" Séan mumbled, decapitated another robot and started running towards Takashi. As he ran, he pulled out another sword from his palm in order to dual wield.
"You're getting behind, Yua! Come on! There's a bunch of meany-bots over here!" he shouted.

“S-so what is your quirk” She asked Nao, “and you have a poison gas quirk I guess?” She was not shy anymore, she was ready to get in, fueled by adrenaline, then shot a three pointer right in the head, destroying it. She breathed out, and she grew back to her height before shooting the laser beam, and continued growing, almost to 11 feet.

Wait, I thought there was another way to address people in Japan... "Wait, Kunyomi! Destroying these robots alone won't help your performance! We have to work together!," he explained. He wondered if Kunyomi payed attention to his plans, giving a slightly disapproved look to her. He listened to Ki, realizing a fault in her statement," No, I have a poison gas quirk. Come to think about it, I don't know what Nao's quirk is... He's been pretty silent lately." Kyu started getting more hyper and talkative due to the stress he was experiencing trying to lasso everyone into a group.

=Nightshade=

Yua growled at the Takashi clone who hugged her like a teddy in warning, then spun around at Sean's call to run forwards with surprising speed to crush a robot's head in her jaws. From behind, she heard a mechanical grinding sound, and she kicked it back with a hind leg in a move no bear ever knew. It stumbled back into another robot, sending them both to the ground, and in a few seconds, Yua's claws had reduced them both to scrap metal. <Woo-hoo!>

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bordie popped out of the ground near another group of robots, she turned as Jake landed beside her, "Sometimes Jake, I wish I could do a bit more damage, you know" she said calmly, Jake chuckled "you know not all heroes are offensive, you can still be a brilliant hero, even if you just support others, you are still strong in your own way" he said patting her on the back, "anyway you got a plan for this lot" he asked casually, "uh, I can weaken the ground beneath them, there are too many to charge in recklessly, hit the floor with a purple chain when I say, they will tumble like dominoes" she said before burrowing into the ground, she then made hundreds of interlocking tunnels under the group of bots and then shot out from the ground, as soon as he saw her reappear he smashed the chain down onto the weakened ground and the robots fell into each other becoming trashed to pieces. Bordie stepped over to Jake, "I think we're doing well J, doing well indeed" she said with a smile.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"well that's you guys into UA" he grunted as he got up. "On the way to you guys one of my clones spotted a huddle of robots, I think they will come this way since we're the biggest threat at the moment" he nodded at the metallic massacre behind him. Takashi rummaged through his belt, looking for the right tool, until he came across some smoke bombs. He passed them to Wyatt. "I have a plan that is very dangerous and could possibly end up with one of us getting beaten up by a bunch of robots but it will be a bad ass story and great win. The plan is that we throw Wyatt when he is light, he will throw smoke bombs and blind the robots. I will catch Wyatt and you guys can take out the robots" he said. "If anyone else has a plan, speak now or forever hold your peace"

"Well, finally we get to throw something! I volunteer to throw Wyatt! Yua, mind if i climb up and ride into battle!? I'll feel even more badass if i can ride a bear into battle! And it'll be easier to throw from higher up!" Séan said with another one of his huge grins. He turned to Wyatt and offered him one of his swords.
"Even though you say you're a weapon yourself, you might be a little bit too dazed when you land. Take the sword to defend yourself with" he said.

=Nightshade=

Yua attempted to grin back, but it probably looked more frightening than excited due to the fact that her teeth were about... eh, four inches or so long. She crouched down in front of Sean with a <Climb on. Let’s go smash some robot heads!> Once everyone who was supposed to be on her back was settled, she rose slowly onto her hind legs. <Hold on tight,> she warned them. <This high enough?>

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"...wut " Wyatt breathed, sounding monotone, until he wasn't. "I mean: what! Your just gonna yeet me above a bunch of robots and expect me to live? Are you-" he was cut off by Sean shoving a sword in his arms "I-....whatever. If I die though, it's all your fault."
He couldn't believe what was going to happen. It was certainly something funny to imagine. Sean riding in like a honorable knight, holding a sword valliently, on a loyal horse, only it's a crazy person on an equally crazy bear, weilding a spineless human being, planning on throwing said being into his death.
"All right." he sighed as his body lightened, until he felt like a hollow, cardboard mannequin of himself. "Just don't miss."

Last edited:

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi heard Kyu call her name and whipped around. "Well, if we spend more time talking, all the robots will be destroyed before we get to them!" She put her hands on her hips and started tapping her foot impatiently.

Once Katsumi had led himself and Izumi out of sight from anyone, he turned to her. “You ready? You remember the plan?” He asked her, he knew that if he hadn’t teamed up with Izumi he could’ve probably destroyed a bunch of robots by now, but he wanted to make sure this girl had a chance of getting into U.A. “Just get close enough to disable them and I’ll finish the job, if we’re efficient enough we should both make enough points to get in.”

"Let's go." Izumi responded.

She then spotted two robots headed straight for them.

"Alright, I'm going to distract and disable the robots."

Izumi went up to two robots, who were following other students, she got their attention by sneaking up on them with the soundless step part of her quirk. The two robots didn't realize what hit them as she was setting a trap that would disable them.

"Katsumi, now!" Izumi yelled.

Katsumi flew over to the two robots, charging up his fists so he could take them down easily, his first punch connected with the left robot, burning a whole through the top of it and basically destroying it, the second punch connected with the leg of the second robot, so he threw another one that melted through it’s torso, destroying it like the other one.

“Nice one! If we keep this up we’ll get in for sure!” Katsumi said excitedly as he took down a nearby one-pointer, he had to admit, as lazy as he was, fighting was always fun. “Let’s see if we can take down some of the three-pointers to boost our chances.” He suggested as he began to look around for some of the bigger robots.

Izumi nodded to Katsumi and disappeared, setting the trap for the three pointer, as the robot walked over and it had its legs tied up. She then reappeared, and was standing at the one side of the trap.

"Katsumi, now!" Izumi yelled.

This time Katsumi switched up his strategy, sending out various feathers to melt the robots metal casing so he didn’t use up too much energy. After the metal melted away, he flew to the hole I’m the robot he’d created with his feathers and ripped out some of the wires, before lighting his own finger on fire with his quirk and setting the rest of them on fire, just to ensure it wouldn’t be able to recover.

Continuing to repeat this strategy, Katsumi and Izumi were able to rack up about fifty five points pretty easily, at least that’s what Katsumi had counted in his head, he was sure they’d be able to get in now but they couldn’t slack off, though he was starting to feel the fatigue of using his quirk. “We’re doing great, you see anymore robots? Not that we’ll need to take down many more and the test is probably almost over but better to be safe than sorry.”

Last edited:
"I suppose you are right, but we would all need miraculous performances to pass...," he got in a cluster of pondering again. Whilst thinking, he heard thundering stomps, they even shook the ground beneath him. "Quiet!," he hissed, turning his head up. Ryu was surprised to see a three-point robot approaching their vicinity. Letting out a rather high-pitched scream, he ran back to a better viewing point. "So, Ki, do you have any plans!?," he questioned, his face looking struck with fear.

David thundered through a crowd of robots in a plodding charge, less like the swift charge of a horse but more like the thumping rush of a bull elephant. The small robots weren't worth much in the way of points but they were easy to crush and David had no issues smashing them with his fists, or crushing their prone bodies under his bulk. The robots clawed at him, but only drew gashes across his forearm bones, which he forced to extend even further than normal to serve like bucklers, batting aside strikes before attacking back with forceful blows.

With the small fry dispatched, David clomped after a loud crashing noise. "Big noise means big robot right?" He wondered to himself. "I hope so, not only are the small ones too easy, they're not efficient at all. I've got to take on something bigger." As he rounded a corner, he spotted a 3-point robot bearing down on a very (and increasingly) tall girl and anther student he couldn't make out so well through the debris. He didn't spare much of a thought for whether or not the two aspirants could handle the robot. He didn't think they were too weak, but at this point in the fight such considerations simply didn't occur to him. He bellowed a challenge to the robot "HEY! YOU! YOU'RE MINE! C'MERE!" and charged the machine, his hulking frame squealing and rippling as his oversized skeleton ground against itself and tried to push through his flesh.

"Don't worry Wyatt! I never miss! Except for the times I do" Séan said, grinning while climbing up on the bear. He waited until everything was in order, Wyatt's weight and until Wyatt had a few smoke bombs. He had to sheathe his sword in his belt, for now, so he wouldn't accidentally hurt anyone. Though the sword would almost scratch Yua's back if it was positioned too far down. He fixed that while mumbling to himself. Something about there always being another problem.
"Yes this is high enough. Thanks Yua! Alright Wyatt, you ready!? Here... We... Go!" He shouted as he grabbed Wyatt by the shoulder and his legs and threw him with almost too much force.

Last edited:

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
The three-point robot arose from the ground. Kunyomi saw another student charging towards it and saying, "YOU'RE MINE! C'MERE!" and Kunyomi was outraged. She screamed, "No, this one's mine!" And set her fist on fire. She used a blast of flame to get up to a good altitude, then punched the robot with her flaming physical attack. The robot fell onto the ground, possibly done for, but Kunyomi ran up to the hole in the robot and set the wires aflame, ensuring no return for the three-pointer.

Nao had lost track of the rest of his group. "Damn it..." He muttered as he tried to remember their names. "The guy with the spotty Japanese was named Ryu, if I remember correctly." Just as he was about to call out for his peers, a pair of two-pointers lept towards him in an attempt to attack his flank. Being alerted of the incoming attack, Nao augmented the repulsion force to max power and sent them flying into a wall. They were reduced to scrap metal on impact.

A three-pointer came rushing in, but he had already expected this. He picked up a piece of scrap metal and launched towards the robot. This fully cleaved an appendage off. He then jumped behind it and placed his palm on it's back while repelling its innards, sending the circuitry ripping out of it's chest and leaving it as a metallic husk.

It didn't take long for Nao to make his way back to the group on account of Ki's height, though he fought several more bots on his way there. He found Ryu and Ki hiding several feet away from a now burning three-pointer. He was also holding a severed robot head, though it was unclear whether it was meant to be a trophy of his battle or a projectile. "What'd I miss?"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Poor Wyatt flew through the air majestically, with the most I'm so done with this bull look on his face. Once he was above the robots, his eyes brightened. At least he could do some action before the crash. He took each individual smoke bomb and threw them in a circle around the bots, and one in the middle of the group for good measure. Then he passed the robots, and starting his downward descent into the floor.

He wondered how hard it was going to be for him to be mad at Takashi with a broken neck if he failed to catch him.

Ki, thanks to her height, managed to see Nao’s quirk in action.”Did he just repel them.” She wondered aloud. Ki suddenly got a plan. “Kunyomi, come back, I think I, uh, have a plan. So you can scout the robots as a wolf, o-ok. Now, Ryu, you will use your ga-gas on them. Nao, you will stay behind me, and ke-keep the poison away, and when the robot comes out, I can shoo-shoot it.”

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Takashi clapped his hands together and made two clones. They stood a couple of paces in front of him, netting their arms together. He ran at them, and jumped into the centre of this 'net'. They launched him into air, towards Wyatt. The air whistled into his ears, and his eyes started to water up.He was approaching Wyatt and fast, if he didn't react it would surely go bad for the both of them. Takashi thrust an arm at Wyatt aiming for the scruff of his shirt, but in that split second, his fingers brushed past Wyatt's neck. His eyes widened as he went past. Fuck, fuck, fuck, not like this, he shouted in his head. He clapped his hands together in desperation making and army of his clones, they wrapped around wyatt making a protective hamster ball. When the Clone ball landed, it exploded into a cloud of smoke, adding to Wyatts smoke. The clones that survived, caught Takashi, and propped him up. "Yeah I was planning on purposely missing you like that. Yup nothing went wrong" he said. He lunged at the nearest red eye in cloud, destroying the owner instantly.

=Nightshade=

Once the smoke had been deployed, Yua charged! She sliced and diced robots with claws and jaws like a chainsaw being used to cut a sandwich. It was robotic slaughter! She laughed a manic thought-spoken laugh as she tore off a metal limb in her teeth. <Now this is extreme sports!> She swatted another robot to the ground before tearing out its circuits, then followed the nearest scent of metal to guide her to her next victim. She could feel metal cut into her shoulder, then hind leg, then side, but the pain was nothing to the bear. She was in a combat frenzy; sparks blinded her and blood ran into her eyes, but she didn't care. The adrenaline was rushing through her body, helping the bear's instincts along their destructive course.

Experience is very helpful.

Teeth tore through metal with an almost painful screeching sound, and the robot spasmed before the light in its single eye went dim. Next! Claws chewed steel, sparks flying everywhere. Next! Crushed between massive bear weight and the ground. Next! Yua was a whirling furry brown tornado, destroying everything in her path, slowly pushing the wave of robots outwards and away. Between Sean riding her and hopefully covering her back, and their reckless, stupid, but somehow working plan, there was no way they wouldn't get into UA... right?