• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join MHA - Heros Of Tomorrow (RP Thread) (AU)

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Yea I'm fine," he said, before he reeled his neck backwards, "where's the rest of you?" He joked, as he took a step back. "I would prefer a cat, I like cats. They're they're stalkers yet so elegant. Kinda like a ninja" he said to yua before he pulled out his wakizashi, and aimed it at Yua. He played around with it in his hand, before he started slashing at the people around him stopping only an inch away. "I'm probably the last person that would be a hero" he said looking down. "What kind of Hero, would I be like?" He said.

“G-glad your ok” Ki said and backed away and went back into the crowd, even though now she looked about 8”6. She was walking and bumped into two people, one with an odd pendant. “So so sorry, didn’t mean to bump into you two.” She said looking down on them, super embarrassed.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Wyatt chuckled at everyone recollecting their past and, frankly, traumatic experiences using their quirks for the first time. He didn't go through anything like that, since his quirk was so simple. The only time hs quirk did surprise him was when he broke the floor underneath him and fell in an abandoned mine, but all he needed to do was lighten his body and jump out, so it was more of an inconvenience.
Suddenly, a shadow covered him. He looked up to see an eight foot tall girl standing above everyone.
"WHOA! That's...impressive." he said earnestly. Was that a quirk's doing, or was he just standing next to a naturally tall behemoth? Either way, she was already leaving.
He turned at Takashi's question. "Um..." he awkwardy said, unsure if he should mention his bloody face. He chose to leave it.
"You'd probably be an...interesting hero." he said simply, keeping his eyes fixed on the blade the Takashi was swinging like madman.
Wyatt back away slightly. He generally wanted to avoid being beheaded.

Last edited:
Hachiro might has well had teleported into the testing ground, as he had walked into the facility completely unnoticed. Behind him he was hauling a large bag of energy bars and water bottles, which his parents packed for him. 'It's almost like they only started caring once my quirk emerged a few months ago...' he sighed. He slumped over on the nearest bench, which caused his long hair to flip over his eyes like overgrown bangs.

After catching his breath, Hachiro looked over to his potential peers conversing and sharing their quirks. A bit counterproductive since they were supposed to fight in a few minutes, but okay. He would try to remember when the repulsion field first activated, but the amount of grueling training that came afterward must have been clouding his memory. He opted to sit back and wait until the time came for him to punch somebody.

Last edited:
Frey walked into the school grounds, carefully examining the area. "Please don't let me be noticed..." She murmured, walking slowly down the path. She saw people following this path, and decided to try it. Meanwhile, she was fidgeting with a pencil in her hand.

She walked into the crowd a little later, keeping her head down. She heard many conversations about quirks along with showcasing. "This will be interesting," she thought.

She walked around, and eventually decided to try and talk to someone. She walked towards the closest group. She noticed a shape-shifting girl and a person swinging a blade. "U-Um...H-Hello. I'm new here, does anyone know what's going on?" She asked, nervously

"무슨 일인지 말해 줄게!," he yelled," I mean... I... will tell you... what is going on. Sorry, my Japanese is bad." He turned his head toward Frey," I saved these people's lives without their knowing, but also, we're just waiting for the Entrance Exam to start." He took in a breath, then gave a long exhale. Kyu put his gasmask back on, just for safety precautions, and picked up the bowl of salad he had dropped. His quirk may seem weird on the outside, but it somewhat may or may not make sense on the inside.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi bounded into the testing grounds in her wolf form, her red water bottle clutched in her teeth. As she ran through the enterance, she heard someone say, "Hey... who let a dog in here?" She quickly changed back to her human form and took a long drink from her water bottle. "Even one with a fire quirk needs water sometimes." She said to herself. She looked around and saw a boy with hair covering his eyes sitting on a bench. She walked over to him and said, "Don't you wonder why people brag about their quirks right before fighting? That kinda gives away the surprise, dosen't it?"

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Probably the kind of hero with a dragon phantom in his sword,” Yua said helpfully. She put up her arms to shield her face from the blade before realizing he was just slashing at everyone in the general vicinity as a boredom killer. She noticed Wyatt slowly backing away and followed suit; she’d probably have a hard time getting into UA if she was in two revoltingly gut-covered pieces. She leaned back as the blade whizzed by and shaved off a centimeter of her bangs. “Watch where you’re swinging that thing,” she laughed. “You might take off someone’s head. Like mine.”

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
When the new girl walked over, Takashi swung in her direction only stopping a millimeters away from her throat. He chuckled before sheathing the wakizashi. "Hi I'm Takashi Shinto," he said. When he realized that he had cut off a bit of Yua's hair, his expression turned to stone. He bowed down, "I'm sorry Yua for my arrogance and childishness" he apologized before getting back up. "I was raised in an old fashion way" he said, laughing. "Well now I got to work on my sword work, I'm so far from what I'm supposed to be" he said, before he pulled out one of his shurikens and started playing with them.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Wyatt raised an eyebrow "Does the old-fashion way involve murder? Because you're a millimeter away from having blood on your blade, and the hands holding it." he spoke in joking, although slightly condescending voice. Sarcasm in full force.
Then a girl walked in and asked something, apparently confused as to why the were here. Wyatt turned to her "You don't know? We're getting ready for the entrance exam. Y'know, the test that'll gives us a place as new heros, provided we don't screw it up? The reason why were here at all? That whole shebang." he explained
He then sighed when Takashi took out his shurikens and started fooling with them.
"That guy is a walking lawsuit, I swear."

Last edited:
(Joel couldn't make a post so he asked me to do it for him. Was supposed to do it last night but i fell asleep)

Gichin had already heard the other guy coming up to them so he wasn't surprised when he began to talk. He turned his head towards the new guy that had approached them.
"I didn't ask you but thanks anyway" he said with a polite tone. Then he turned his head to Nuno again.
"I don't know. It doesn't matter to me much which one it will be" he said, also with a polite tone. He turned again to the new guy.
"Hello, i'm Gichin Miyagi" he introduced himself with a bow.

"Séan Mcgregor" Sean said and bowed himself, as he had been taught to do so. Not by his parents, but by his trainers at the dojo.
"I know what kind of exam i would like to have atleast. I would like to beat down the robots as it would definitely be a harder challenge with the quirk that i have. That, and it's fun to make robots go boom" he said with a grin. He looked around at all the other students that had gathered around. There was one in particular that caught his attention, the one who was fooling around with shuriken. He had a sword with him. Séan immediately started running over to him and stopped about a feet away.
"Hi! I noticed you also have a sword! When this exam is over, you and i should have a fight! It doesn't matter whether or not one of us doesn't get in. I just want a fight!" Séan said, forgetting that he didn't actually have a sword out.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Hell yeah" Takashi replied to Séan. "I'll happily fight you! What time? What place? What weapons?", he stopped and took a deep breathe. "Sorry what I got excited, people don't normally want to fight me. What I meant to say is, hi my name is Takashi Shinto, I will definitely fight you. Tell me the time and place and I'll be there" he finished. "Anyone want to come and watch?" he asked the others. He flicked the shuriken next to Séan's foot, "hopefully you're skilled enough to put up a challenge gaijin" he said smiling.

=Nightshade=

Yua rolled her eyes. “Oh, boy. Just what we need. Another combat-crazy nut.” The other one was herself, or at least it was supposed to be until Takashi responded. “Holy crap, there are two of them!” She cracked a sardonic smile and tucked her hair behind her ear. “I’m Yua. He’s crazy. You’re excitable. We all like sharp objects. Together we can blow stuff up.” She interlaced her fingers behind her head and leaned back against a wall with a huff. “Wonder when the exam’s gonna start.”

"I'm Séan Mcgregor and i wasn't going to show my quirk because i was saving it for later but now i have gotten too excited so here it is" Séan said and took out a sword from his palm and just like he had seen Takashi do to the rest, Séan aimed it at him and stopped it one millimeter away from his forehead. Partly as revenge for Takashi throwing a shuriken between his legs and partly just to show off. He looked at Yua with a big smile.
"You're pretty cute! Want to watch me beat this guy up sometime after the exam?" he said shamelessly. He turned back to Takashi.
"I'll be using my sword. We can exchange numbers and decide a time and place after the exam. I would like to fight you right here and now, but i'm sure we'll both need our energy for the exam. Also, just because i'm Irish doesn't mean i'm a foreigner. But the stereotype of Irish people being loud is true in my case!" he said. He said the last part loudly just to prove his point.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"If I ever need a new wakizashi I'll always know who to turn to," he laughed. Hearing Séan say how he isn't a foreigner made him laugh even more, he batted away the sword from his head. "Ok, Ok gaijin we can fight at the bridge in the park, or if that's too much we can fight on my street." He passed him a piece of paper he wrote his number and his address on it. "I hope you can fight like you talk gaijin" he said. "Wanna bet on our fight?, if I win you have to get a tattoo saying I'm the better swordsman, and if you win-" he trailed off, not knowing what Séan would want. "You can choose what you want" he finished.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
As if everyone wasn't already at risk of being split apart, another boy waltzed in and demanded a fight with Takashi. Of course, he accepted, and now Wyatt had a probable murder to look forward to.
He walked over and smirked at Yua "All of us? That's pretty subjective. I'm more of a blunt weapon kinda guy. Don't ask." he turned to Sean. "I'm Wyatt Sleral, your friendly neighborhood weight shifter."
Sean looked awfully confident, and Takashi looked equally smug. This fight should be interesting. He just hoped that no one ends up losing a limb.
Or two.
Or all of them.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Yua shrugged. “True enough. Blunt objects are equally powerful as sharp ones as long as they have more power behind them. I mean, you swing a sword lightly, it can still slit someone’s throat. But a battering ram takes muscle.” She shrugged again, completely ignoring the “cute” comment, though she filed it away for later. “Muscle that I lack.” When I’m in human form, she added silently. I got plenty of muscle when I’m in grizzly morph. Sure as hell ain’t gonna tell them that, though. They’ll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
Readjusting his mask a bit, Ryu noticed a few more people. He was getting impatient, and really did not want to spark up a conversation. He tried to eat more of the salad, but his gasmask prevented him. He didn't want to know how powerful his quirk was, as he only used it a bit this morning. His head started spinning, he felt stressed, but didn't know why. Ryu narrowed his eyes, looking around for a place to sit. The only thing he could see was a swarm of people, and he started to feel uneasy in his legs. His hands started shaking and he dropped the salad bowl, which cracked on the ground. He was awaiting the start of the exam, but all he could think about was what everyone was thinking of him. He clenched his teeth, trying to get his act together.

"Well actually i can only take out two swords at once or just one sword depending on the size. Or i could take out a bostaff made out of metal. So i can provide myself with swords or a bostaff" Séan replied. "But a battle at the bridge sounds good". He took the note that Takashi gave him and wrote his own note with his information on it to give Takashi. Then he looked at Wyatt and Yua.
"I can produce blunt objects as well, but i'm better at using swords" he said with a grin. He noticed that Yua had ignored his comment about her being cute, but he let it slide. He didn't want her to think he was flirting because he wasn't. He was merely telling the truth.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Gichin followed the dude that had answered him and listened to the conversation that was happening around and suddenly he hear a flying object hit the ground, probably sharp and next thing you know you hear a sword moving towards someone.
"Huh, it looks like I actually will have some pretty interesting competition" Gichin thought to himself. " I would want to watch that fight, if i actually could see. But i am more interested in seeing if you can hold your own in hand to hand combat or if you are completely useless in that aspect." Gichin replied in his usual calm voice with a hint of a smirk coming on to his face. Suddenly he hears a speaker starting.
____________________________________________________________ Que principal Nezu ____________________________________________________________________

"Hem hem, thank you all for coming out to show your worth as new upcoming heroes, the exam will start in ten minuets, through the big doors under me. The task before you is pretty simple. Destroy as many robots as possible and try get a high score! But this year we have decided to change the way you make it in to the school. We do not judge you on points but your performance. There is a couple of key features we are gonna be looking for, how you plan for an upcoming fight, how well you can work with new people while at the same time fighting against each other.. which means. No attacking each other, And how you handle stress!" Nezu said in to the speaker with a happy voice. Nezu had been the principal of the school for a long time and it was starting to show. You could really see him coming up in the years. "Please move through the doors please so we can start the exam." Nezu said once again.

(Note, i will make a new nezu post to start the exam once again :) Just need everyone to get into the exam area)

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Wyatt grinned at the announcement "FI-NA-LLY! I feel like I've been waiting forever." he turned to the staggering group of students he was in and waved "I'll see you all in the exam."
With that, he felt his body lighten, and he ran towards the doors, moving at surprising speeds. He neared the doors, and dug his heels to brake.
Well, he tried at least.
Unfortunately, his light body already had a heck of a lot of momentum from his dash, and despite his best efforts, he lost his balance and fell over.
"..ow "
Wyatt quickly stood up and shook off the pain, pretending he didn't just face-plant like a cartoon character.
This was it. His chance to become a real hero, and show the world what he's got.
And what does he got?
He had no idea.

"Katsumi, the exam has started, we could team up?" Izumi asked as best as she could, and moved towards the exam area.

She waved towards Katsumi to try and signal him that it is now time to gather for the exam, she moved through the group of students, possibly scaring them as she came from literally nowhere.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Upon hearing the announcement, Nuno went through the huge doors and into the exam area. There already was a small group of examinees formed, and most of them were showing off their Quirks. Weapons, transformations, gasses and other various Quirks were shown, piquing the blond boy's interest. In preparation for the exam, Nuno decided to stretch a bit, making sure he would be ready when the exam started. He also decided to have his Quirk at the ready. With a quick gesture, he pulled a medium sized black cloth, with a single yellow stripe, out of thin air. He folded it in the shape of a spear and held it with his right hand, and now deemed himself ready for the upcoming exam. He watched a boy fall on on his face at a rather high speed. "Uh, are you alright?" He asked the boy, who was now standing up, seemingly unaffected by his fall.

=Nightshade=

“Woo-hoo! Yeah! Here we go!” Yua stretched her back until it popped then began to stretch her arms and legs as well. It was all just for show, of course. She wouldn’t be fighting robots in a weak human body. Hold on a little while longer, grizzly, my friend. You’ll have your chance. She hung back a bit as what seemed like five hundred students stampeded for the door at the same time. Once most of the hubbub had died down, she exited with a bit more dignity and quite a lot less bruises. She let out a calming sigh in an attempt to get her restlessness under control.

Tall Girl was now nearing ten feet, and towered over the crowd; soon she’d be as tall as Yua’s grizzly. Not looking forward to that. I am not going to be dwarfed. I REFUSE to be dwarfed! Realizing how ridiculous that thought was, she shook her head and prepared to morph as soon as they were told to go.

"I'm not that good at hand-to-hand combat actually. That's something i need to improve on. How go-..." Séan started before his question was interrupted by the principal telling everyone that the exam was about to begin. Seeing all the other kids run into the exam area, Séan did the same. He followed closely behind Yua and Wyatt, hoping to find someone he might be able to team-up with. The principal said that it was an exam that checked not only their own strength, but also how well they worked together. So teaming up was on the table. He ran inside the gate with a huge grin and the sword ready at his side.
"Come on, Takashi. Let's see how many robots we can destroy and compare the results afterwards! Yua, Wyatt! What do you say about teaming up?" He asked, smiling.

"H-Handle stress? How ironic.," Ryu stated with dismay," I don't think I'm going to pass this..." He sauntered to the doors, then noticed an absolute behemoth, nearly ten feet up! He heard some people saying that they were going to team up, team up! There is no way he will come close to them, his own presentation is already terrible. Behind his gasmask, his face was sweating from a combination of stress and warmth. He hoped he didn't encounter a robot, who knows what they look like...

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Wyatt turned to the other boy who had asked him if he was okay. He got up and rubbed the back of his head, a little embarrased.
"Me? Oh, I'm fine..ish. I'm very durable."
It also would've hurt a lot more if I was at normal weight.
When he spoke, Sean called him and Yua, asking if they wanted to team up. Wyatt gave a grin. "As long as you don't stab me, accidentally or otherwise, sure." he called out to Sean before turning to the other boy "Thanks for your concern. I'm Wyatt, I'll see ya at the exam." he waved before running to Sean.

=Nightshade=

Yua turned, grin broadening. “If y’all don’t mind a grizzly bear on your team, I’m down. I suggest you don’t look while I’m morphing.” Unable to contain her fighting spirit any longer, and seeing as the other students were already preparing themselves, she began the morph. Hopefully the others heeded her warning.

Immediately, her hair shortened and turned brown as shaggy brown fur rippled over her body. Her vision dimmed as her eyes shrank in their sockets and became beady and black. Her nose and mouth pushed out of her face as huge incisors tore from her gums. Bones thickened and realigned as her heart doubled in size, nearly bursting through her rib cage before her torso exploded outwards, muscle piling on muscle. Ears migrated to the top of her head before covering themselves in a thick layer of brown fuzz. Her shoulders bulked up and her fingers shortened, claws like sabers replacing weak human nails. She fell forwards onto all fours, no longer able to support the massive, shifting weight on furry (but otherwise human) legs.

Huge! Yua’s legs finally bulged to match, then rival, the muscles in her arms. She shot up like someone had grabbed her by the head and yanked her upwards. Claws extended from her toes as well, tearing her cheap shoes to shreds. No matter, she had extras with her uniform. She reared up on her hind legs as the morph completed with a comical poof as the puffball-like tail popped out.

On her hind legs, Yua was now slightly taller than Tall Girl. Of course, she was now a grizzly. She bared her teeth, suppressed the urge to roar, and dropped back to all fours. She blinked, getting used to the bear’s terrible vision once again, and twitched her ear. <Well. I sure hope this thing starts soon. Winnie the Pooh here is raring to go.>

Nao began making his way towards the testing area, once again moving a fair bit away from the group of students. He couldn't help but ponder the lifespan of whatever dog-cat-mouse-bear combination Nezu was supposed to be. If he was just an animal with human intellect, how was he aging like a normal person?

While he was lost in thought he accidentally bumped in to a very jittery Ryu. Nao had caught a glimpse of his salad fiasco earlier. 'We're being judged on teamwork too, right? This guy might work.' He stuck out his arm for a handshake and adopted a fake smile. "Yo, lets be teammates. You make poison gas, right? I'm kind of immune to stuff like that." He hoped that he would sound reassuring, but it came out more arrogant than he was expecting.

Ki was scared, like really scared, because “teamwork” meant a “team” and a team meant other people. She was growing so she squatted down and saw some people and walked over to them, she recognized one, he dispersed the poison gas. “H-hi there, if you are forming a team, may I be in, I don’t need to be if you don’t want me, I’m so so sorry you probably don’t want me.” Ki said starting to walk away.

Ryu was caught off guard and jumped a bit. "Uh. Yeah, poison gas. I-I guess let's just be teammates... Maybe I'll have a chance.," he replied, obviously still in a panicky mood. He took his gasmask off to breathe a bit, with marks designating where the gasmask was due to how long he wore it. Ryu didn't like how Nao was speaking, but he hoped that was a one-time thing.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jake and Bordie turned towards the doors and entered, "hey Nezu said people could team up didn't he" Bordie said excitedly, Jake nodded "that makes this easier we've been practicing together for years" he said simply looking around the room as he spoke "a lot of people are forming teams should we speak to others and ask if they want to team up" Bordie said turning to look at Jake, "nah, we'll be fine just the two of us" Jake said sternly with a slight shake of his head "we can focus more with a smaller team and as we have experience working together, it wouldn't make sense to broaden our team any further" he added before standing arms crossed as Bordie began to get all bouncy beside him. He sighed and stood, waiting to begin.

“Sure thing. We’ll need a plan for taking down the robots though, especially since our quirks are so different.” Katsumi replied. “Since your quirk is pretty much stealth, you could help me scout out the robots and then I’ll take them down with my quirk since it’s power based.” The boy suggested, a couple other plans circulating through his mind at the same time. He had been training himself hard for this exam, harder than usual because he knew if he failed his parents would kill him.

Ki was growing and saw someone the same height as her. Well, more like something, a bear to be exact. She walked away from everyone. “It’s ok ,Ki, you can win this thing easily.” She was still growing and saw multiple groups of people, but she didn’t have a group. She walked over to the bear and party which she realized that the boy who fell on his face was and asked “May I join this group, if it’s ok with you.” Ki said trying her best to remain calm

"That sounds like a plan." Izumi whispered so others wouldn't hear her, "we may also need a Plan B as well."

Izumi was trying her best at keeping calm to attempt not turning invisible. She looked at her pendant.

'I'm about to take the entrance exam for U.A, wherever you are. Wish me luck, Dad.'

Walking around the place, he noticed another participant who was alone. "Perhaps we could invite that person in this little group thing," he pointed to Kunyomi," She seems lonely..." Kyu was probably just horny, but he wanted Kunyomi on their team. He turned to Nao, who was farther away than he expected. Ryu's face looked a bit more soothed than before, walking around and taking a breather seemed to be what he needed.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Gichin moved through the doors with all of the other people but instead of teaming up with people like everyone else did he started to stretch. He wouldn't go and ask to be on a team. If someone wanted him on their team they would come and ask him.

"This could be really fun. It's been a long time since I had a good opponent."
Gichin thought to himself.

____________________________________________________________ Que principal Nezu _________________________________________________________
"Okay, I hope everyone is ready. The exam starts in 3... 2...1 GOOO!" Nezu spoke into the speaker and screamed the last part.

_____________________________________________________________ Back to Gichin ____________________________________________________________

As soon as Gichin heard the last part he was of. He started running towards the closest robot jumping up a bit in the doing a hammer kick to the robot's head destroying it instantly.
"Either I got lucky or they are easy to destroy. They will probably be better when they are in big groups. I am gonna destroy as many as I can but I will look more for people who need my help." Gichin thought to himself as he was moving towards his next target.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"How did you get your hands on a bear?" He asked looking at her. He put his hand in her fur, running his fingers through it, before he took his hand out. She reminded him of one of those stuffed carnival prizes, he went to go hug her but pulled out at the last second. "Please don't tear me apart" he said backing away, sense had just kicked in. "I'm gonna fight on my own, I don't need a team" he told the others. When the exam started, he abandoned the others and went on his own kill spree.

He unsheathed his katana, the green glow ran up his arm. He sprinted towards the robots and targeted the ones with heads. Each robot in his sight was met with one swift strike to the head, decapitating them. He clapped his hands together and made hundreds of clones. Sure now he was at a fraction of his full power, but strength comes in numbers. Each clone overran the robots, but many clones where lost. But with each loss Takashi's strength grew. The clones that weren't fighting were throwing shurikens at the robots. "Go help the others," he commanded to a handful of clones. They obeyed his command and went to help the others.