• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
(Hellooooo! I am hereee~)

Chishima Toko - Maze
Toko heard the voices of the Four-Leaf Clover and Miko. Clover had hurried over to see if he was alright. They’re good kids. He thought. He liked them. Always concerned about others. He admired them for it.

He wanted to tell the two that he was fine, but he was unsure of how to. If only he knew sign language. He tried to stand up, a little light headed, but felt fine all the same. His head still throbbed but he could make it. I think…

(Oh, wait that’s actually a good idea. Sorano and/or Byukia could teach them sign and then they could communicate silently!~)

Momo Yoshi - A Day in the Life of Her
The strawberry blonde kunoichi hummed as she walked down the street. She liked taking walks around the village. It made her happy. She liked looking up at the sky. It was such a nice color of blue. The sun was one of her favorite things, it was warm and happy.

She sat down at Ichiraku Ramen, somewhat hungry. It wasn’t meal time but she liked having a snack in between meals sometimes. Yoshi wasn’t exactly sure if ramen counted as a snack, but (Naruto did it) whatever.

“And how are you today, sir?” She asked a man who was also sitting, eating ramen. She didn’t know this man but didn’t mind small talk or strangers…she was also bored.
“Good, thank you. How are you?” He replied with a warm smile.

“I’m good as well. I actually just got bak from a little training with my team.” She explained.

“Ah, so you must be one of the many recent graduates.” He said, right before slurping up some ramen that was probably a little too hot for his liking. He quickly bit the noodles, making the strands shorter, protecting himself from getting burnt. Yoshi nodded and chuckled.
She wondered what her teammates were currently doing. Were they training and working hard or just sitting around, enjoying some free time like herself? If they were training, she felt a little guilty, just sitting there, eating the delicious noodles. She watched Teuchi and Ayame make ramen. Everyone was so hard at work all the time. Was she slacking off? She down at her ramen and sighed. Hopefully not.
After she was down with her snack, she went back to walking along the street, humming.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Shin’s eyes were practically glowing as her teammates struck the final blow together. Her remaining kikai had been hovering to provide support if necessary to make sure the blow connected, but their help hadn’t been needed, to her exhausted relief. Despite her fatigue, she still had enough energy to let out a wordless cheer of victory, thumb and forefinger splayed in a V-shape. As the beetles reentered her body and her internal chakra balance slowly returned to normal, she felt the need to voice her opinion on the exercise.

“That… was… so… COOL!” she exclaimed excitedly. “That giant worm was insane, Sensei! I never would have gotten to test my insects against that on my own!” Shin’s face split into a wide grin, hair still bushed from worm slick and patches of dirt clinging to her just about everywhere, but thoroughly impressed with Keito-Sensei, and with her teammates. “We’ll be a great team! The greatest!”

As soon as he landed, Makoto sprawled onto the ground, exhausted. It didn't matter however, because by then they had already won. He lay there with a smile on his face as his teammates celebrated their victory. He was going to have to learn how to manage his chakra better, or at least increase his capacity, so this kind of thing wouldn't happen in a real fight.

"So, when... will we be called... for our first mission?" He asked Keito through his exasperated breathing, as he slowly rose to his feet.

~Byukia Katzuke...~

"Hmmm hmmmm hmmmmmm..." Byukia hummed to the beat of Sorako's music, "hmm? What do I think? I think the genin will probably be here soon. Maybe an hour, I guess. Wait though... Your asking about your music, yes? Heh. Its beautiful Sorako Kun. Playing music comes as natural to you as breathing, it would seem" Byukia said.

As the three genin made their way out the clearing they began to see petals form. More and more petals began to form and cluster. The genin could vaguely see Sorako and Byukia as more flower petals formed. Byukia had used her weeping petals to heal any physical wounds. "Come sit. Listen to your new Senpai play music. Its wonderful" Byukia said.

Byukia leaped off her staff to greet her students, she grabbed her staff midair and landed in front of them. "You did iiiit! I knew you could do it, and your not dead" Byukia said in her cheerful soft voice. She smiled before pointing at the waterfall. "Do you see the water over there. It's special" Byukia said. She sat by the waters edge and began to describe why the maze is so important and why the waterfall is so important, and the place itself.

"For your first mission, your gonna meet me in front of the Hokage Mansion, Okay? We're getting our mission directly from the kage himself. Also this is your new senpai! Say hi senpaaaaai!" Byukia said cheerfully waving at Sorako.

~Mission day...~

"We're heeere!" Byukia said.

Standing in front of Byukia was a spiky haired blonde man. Though physically he didn't show it, Byukia could tell that the fourth Hokage had a lot of things on his mind and noticed signs of stress. Though there wasn't much Byukia could do to help him other than cheerful words of encouragement.

Behind Byukia stood her three genin as well as the group's senpai, Sorako. Byukia and her group had come to receive their mission directly from the hokage himself, their ears only.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Chishima Toko - Maze Exit
Toko heard the music as they exited the maze and saw Byukia and another woman. He liked the music a lot actually. It was very beautiful and it calmed him. He smiled slightly as he took off his cloth.
Toko waved to Sorako-senpai, a quiet “Hi, senpai” coming from his mouth. He could tell that he was gonna like her. This might’ve just been his habit of judging books by their covers but whatever.

A Day in the Life of Him
Toko, as usual, sat in front of his father’s grave. “We got through the first day of training, dad,” He whispered. “I wish you could have been there to at least see me graduate. I—“

“Toko!” Called a voice from behind him. “Come on home, sweetie. It’s almost time for dinner.” It was his mother. Her brown eyes were kind and her black hair was long and blowing in the wind.
“Okay, mom.” He called back, standing up. She’d interrupted before he could start crying, thankfully. He didn’t want to have to splash water on his face before coming home again to make it look like he didn’t just cry.
“I miss you,” was the last thing that came out of his mouth before walking over to his mother.

Sachi was slammed flat onto his back hard by the recoil of his attack collid with Keito-Sensei’s impressive shield. The wind was knocked from the young man’s lungs, and his vision was lightly rocked as his head bounced off the ground.

“...ow...”

The young shinobi groaned after taking several seconds to regain his composure. By then, Keito-Sensei had dispersed his shield, and announced that Team 13’s last attempt at damaging him had, indeed, succeeded.

“Yaaay...”

After slowly pulling himself up from the ground, the Mud Ninja quickly limped his way over to his Warhammer. As he grasped hold of the wooden handle, the solid, stone mallet-head crumbled away due to the fractures it had sustained. The weapon had been returned to its original, Bo Staff, state.

“That’s...convenient.”

Ugokasenai Keito, Riverbank Training Ground

"I agree, Shin," The Worm Sage said, stuffing his now-restless hands into his coat pockets. His voice managed to blend expressive language with a somewhat monotone style of speech, "I wasn't lying when I said your innate synergy as a team is off-the-charts impressive. You should have seen me when I was a genin. Hah. Put me to shame."

Keito's mind flashed back to his initially...disappointing time as a fledgling shinobi. Before being picked by the worms in an odd turn of fate, he'd been going nowhere fast. But in a way, he felt bad for Team 13. He had to grow up fast, because of the wars. They had to grow up fast, but without an obvious enemy to focus them. It was an odd time to be a Leaf Ninja, indeed.

Then, snapped out of his thought process by the sprawled out tired Makoto's question, Keito paused for a second. The Worm Sage never had to consider whether to tell the whole truth or sugarcoat things before.

"Your first mission starts tomorrow morning, oh-six-hundred," He said plainly, before beginning to walk away, first across their untidy battlegrounds, then over the top of the river itself, "We'll meet in the Hokage's office. It won't be easy. I think it would be best for all of us to get extra-restful sleep tonight. See you-"

As he finished, Ugokasenai Keito crossed the river and passed through into the heavy brush on the other side.

Ugokasenai Keito, Life of a Worm, Konoha Proper

First, Keito wandered without sight of his destination; somehow, he always ended up at Yamanaka Flowers, whether he was walking with purpose or not. It'd just become such second-nature to him now. The flower shop felt as much a home to him as Konoha itself, or sometimes even Ichimimizu. He'd even seen generations of store runners passing the shop, as his old classmate and chunin Inoichi took over full control of the shop since it re-opened after the Nine-Tails Attack.

Both shinobi, like usual, shared few words as Keito passed around the store, looking for the right flowers in his own, absent-minded selection process. Mostly, they exchanged glances and nods, and money. They'd never been close friends, but most of their other classmates were gone. In fact, Keito well considered Inoichi luckier than most; he hadn't yet needed to bury a teammate.

The Worm Sage finally settled on four orchids, four gladiolus and four daffodil, he let out a shattered smile, sniffing each one with a quiet admiration before approaching the counter.

"The usual again, I see," Inoichi cracked a smile of his own, "Just walking around for the exercise?"
"I'm always curious, but these are always the ones." Keito replied, handing his classmate the right amount of money without prompting.
"So," Inoichi took the cash and leaned in. Keito was almost surprised, as their conversations tended to end right there, "I heard you were made a jonin leader?"
"Yeah." Keito said, with a shrug that indicated even he didn't understand the decision.
"What's it like?" Inoichi asked.
"They seem like nice kids," Keito sighed, shivering in discomfort, "I just...don't want to have to start buying more flowers."

And he walked away as the somewhat surprised Yamanaka scratched at the back of his head, without words -- both men knew the life of a shinobi could only end one way.

Ugokasenai Keito, Life of a Worm, Konoha Cemetery,

"I know I always ask this," Keito started, speaking to specters again, "How did they come to bury you all together? Maybe the people who plot out grave-sites were trying to make it easy on me. I don't know. But this space is all filled up now -- whenever I go, I'll be so far from you all. I won't even be near sensei. Oh, yeah, sorry, that's why I'm here this time-"

His voice and heart stopped for a moment as the still-young Worm Sage knelt, distributing one of each of the orchids, gladiolus and daffodils on the three gravestones he stood in front of, saving one of each still for later. Off in the distance, he could see others - young kids and old grandparents alike - going through the same motions. Some for fresh wounds, some for old. Keito had too many to count, now.

Mato; his rival and closest supporter. He was the one meant for great things -- the top-of-the-class student, a ninjutsu savant with the will to change the world. The two boys always pushed each other to be better, even when getting better wasn't even much of a concern to Keito. He just always wanted to show up Mato. Without that, Keito likely wouldn't have improved as a shinobi at all in his first couple years as a genin. When war broke out, Mato declared he'd be Hokage by the end of it. Instead, he died with a dozen kunai shredding his body to near-unrecognizable bits. He died a genin, full of fear in his eyes.

Suzume; full of generosity and kindness, and in her own right a mighty taijutsu user even at their young age. She was the true captain of the trio, their spiritual leader, with a mind to study medical ninjutsu just because she liked saving tails as much as she loved kicking them. When Keito found her, her neck was twisted the opposite direction, every bone in the right side of her body shattered to a gruesome dust. She, too, died a genin, her last breaths taking in shards of her own bone into her lungs.

Two teammates - his closest friends - dead, while he and their jonin leader, Haibei, were heading on their own mission in the complete opposite direction. Keito forever cursed the order to split their team up at such a pivotal moment, but he knew, truly, that nothing could be done.

Tomoko; she had been Keito's salvation, for a moment. They were good friends as classmates and rookie genin. Child to a clan of intrepid farmers, Tomoko and Keito were drawn together from a love of the natural earth. Both survivors of the Second War, they fell in together further. One of her teammates died in battle as well, and sure enough, Keito started to find himself assigned to her team more and more often. They shared nearly everything with each other, even before they started seeing each other proper. Loss was always difficult, but having another to share in the painful experience, to help move on in spite of that -- Tomoko was his salvation. Until peace broke. War engulfed the land again. And, like Mato and Suzume, Tomoko was killed in battle. Caught in a series of set explosives, she returned to base with half of her body blown to bits, the other half burned in the third degree, before collapsing to take her final breath.

"They made me a jonin, and a team leader to boot," Keito said out loud, in a hushed whisper, "Who let them think that was the right idea? I'm going to talk to the captain in a bit. I wish I knew what advice he'd give me. All I can hear is the three of you laughing at my misfortune. Go ahead. Laugh. Mock me as you please. I can feel it, from wherever you are. Any of you would be better standing here today than I. I never even wanted to be a chunin. I just did it because...I felt I had no other choice. You all made me love it, though. You made me realize what it means to be a shinobi. I just- I don't know if I can do the same, for the next generation. I'll try, though. Thanks. I'll see you again soon."

Finished with most of his grieving, the Worm Sage wandered to the opposite end of the cemetery. Captain Haibei's grave shined under the sunlight, beckoning Keito over. The jonin placed his last few flowers by the headstone, kneeling beside it like back when he was a genin, when he and Mato and Suzume would mockingly kneel at Haibei's presence like he were some sort of King. The stoic and modest captain would grumble and demand they stop, but his genin trio would remain kneeling until he gave his orders, at which point they'd leap up and salute, with grins on their innocent faces. But Keito also remembered the wars, saving Haibei's life, wishing he could save everybody. The Nine-Tails Attack took one of his last remaining tethers to Konoha, to the human side of life. Haibei died bravely, Keito was sure. But the grave he knelt beside was empty. No body ever found.

"Hey Cap," Keito said, "I guess I'm you now. Hah. Me, a jonin, leading a team of genin Who'd have thought, out of all of us, that I'd end up here? I think fate is sick in the head, to be honest. You always seemed so prepared, I-I don't know if I can do that. I'm just getting a handle on my own, personal power, my own, personal philosophy. How am I supposed to train three kids? Did you question your readiness? It's so hard to imagine. But I was so young. I didn't know anything, hell, I hardly know anything now. You were human, so of course you had fears, regrets, worries...yet you were always there for me. Until the very end. I spent the better part of ten years begging you for answers, leaning on you to heal the pain. Now you're a fresh wound, and you'll scar like all the rest have. I guess I should have learned to stitch my own flesh by now. Sorry to bother you, even in the afterlife. Rest easy, Captain Haibei."

Ugokasenai Keito, Life of a Worm, The Morning Of

Sleep didn't come easy to Keito, as always. He chose to meditate in unmoving silence instead. It wasn't so different from him lying restless on his bed anyway.

Just before the sun rose over the rebuilding Leaf Village, Keito prepared himself for the day. It was an important day. Make-or-break for him and his team, in a sense. He could feel a rumbling in his stomach, an anxiety trying to disguise itself as n unrelenting nausea. He did his best to fight through it, breathing deep and slow as he clothed himself and exited his dim, measly apartment.

He arrived just before his own team and all the members of Team 12, walking into the Hokage's office with a slow, methodical gait. Fellow jonin leader, Byukia her genin, two younger-looking ANBU agents - one with silver hair, the other an earthy-brown - and the Fourth Hokage himself, adorned in his white and red jacket and hat pushing down his thick, spiky blond hair. Namikaze Minato seemed to lose himself to exhaustion more every day, though he maintained a strong presence in front of the young genin.

"Morning all," Keito said with a small wave as he walked up beside Byukia and the chunin assigned to her team, Sorano.

From behind his desk, the ANBU stared back through their masks without expression; the Fourth pressed his elbows against his desk, folding his hands together in a contemplative silence, his eyes firmly closed. He stayed that way, waiting for everyone available to arrive in full before getting started.

=Nightshade=

A Day in the Life Of Bug Girl

Shin found herself idling in the forest nearest the Aburame clan’s sector. Her kikai were beginning to breed more again, but there wasn’t much she could experiment with without possibly killing off the rest of them. So instead of leaping off cliffs or searching for nettles and nightshade to ingest, Shin’s feet took her to a place she’d purposely tried to avoid ever since the Kyuubi attack. But when her mind wandered like it was at that moment, muscle memory took her off the beaten path and deeper into the forest, careful to avoid the crudely made booby traps she knew all too well. One of them had been sprung, likely by a passing animal, and Shin reached up to skim the years-old frayed and tattered rope net with her fingertips before pulling away like she’d been burned.

Why did I come here?

The girl looked up from the rope. Her eyes knew the scenery like it was the back of her hand, but her mind was a stranger here. Light dappled the ground through the green canopy, casting soft shadows onto the small clearing where new grass was growing again, now that children were no longer tumbling across the soil. At one end of the clearing was a raised mound of rocks, no bigger than a large bush and just high enough for a young child to walk in.

“Let’s go exploring! I bet there’s treasure down there!”

Shin felt a pang as she remembered those words and moved towards the pile of rocks, gingerly clearing several of them to reveal that it was a small cave. The entrance must have collapsed again in one of the more recent mild earthquakes, she thought. Shin crouched at the entrance, her vantage point only giving a small window through which to see childish drawings made from crushed berries and leaves, and fragments of ones that were a bit more sophisticated, the rest in shadow. She knew that if she went to the end of the small cave, there would be a hole with a ten foot drop into a cavern that far exceeded the bounds of the cave. Assuming that, too, hadn’t collapsed, along with… Shin shook her head. The longer she was here, the more painful memories would be brought to the surface. Perhaps a part of her wanted that, wanted to make sure she never forgot. Perhaps that was why she kept coming back, like a lost puppy whose owners moved away without it.

“I know it’s scary, but it’ll be fun! Cmon!”

The kikai within her body weren’t replenished. She could feel that. And yet however many excuses she gave herself to leave, the most she could do was stand and walk a few paces from the cave to the center of the clearing when something else caught her eye. Two trees, in growth, had twisted around each other, and almost directly next to each other were two very familiar carvings. Shin remembered that time, when those carvings had been made. She’d neared the trees without realizing it, and ran a finger over the deeply etched lines.

“Haha, Yushirooooo, look what I drew! It’s you!” The young girl laughed maniacally as she labeled her drawing with a chicken-scratch rendition of Yushiro’s written name.
“Hah?” The teal-haired boy raced over and jumped on Shin’s back piggyback style to look over her shoulder. The stick-figure etched into the tree bark had a demeaning expression… and a stick-finger up its nose. “Hey!!”
Not to be outdone, Yushiro snatched a sharp rock from the ground and began his own carving in a sapling next to hers. A few minutes later, he threw down the rock triumphantly with a “Finished! Take that, Shin!” His drawing had been labeled prominently as ‘shinRIN,’ knowing perfectly well it would tick her off.
“You little— I’m gonna get you, I’m gonna get you!” The kids raced around the clearing, the redhead chasing the boy with long teal hair flowing out behind him.

As Shin’s finger got to the part of her drawing where she had given Yushiro’s stick figure rather crazy hair, she gave a wry smile. “I loved your hair when we were little,” she said to herself, almost in a whisper. “I always wanted to braid it, just to see how you would look.” But that can never happen now, she finished silently, retracting her hand and stepping back from the carvings. Her kikai still weren’t enough in number to throw herself off a cliff or into a lake just yet. Without that as an excuse, the reckless part of her couldn’t overwhelm the sentimental part just yet. It was my fault. I’m sorry. I’m sorry…

“Cmon! I wanna see the Kyuubi! Let’s climb a tree! We don’t have to get close, come on, Shiro!”

“Shin, hey, it’s just a scrape, you’ll be fine. Don’t cry… come on… I don’t like it when you cry…”

It was the second batch of words that Shin kept in her mind as the tears threatened to fall. Yushiro wanted me to be happy, she reminded herself. I’ll stay happy. It’s what he would have wanted. But a voice in her head kept asking her, Even after what you did to him?

Shin climbed a tree. The higher she was, the easier it was for her to clear her head. But as her head cleared, her heart swelled with a time when she knew neither what pain nor what fear was.

I still remember…

“Cmon! I wanna see the Kyuubi! Let’s climb a tree! We don’t have to get close, come on, Shiro!”
A hand grabbed at her wrist. The cavern beneath the cave was large, about the size of an average living room. Strange contraptions that Yushiro and Shin had built together lay in two piles, successful and in progress. Paper taken from their separate homes was strewn across the ground, some drawn on or folded into cranes, and some blank and flat. Leaves in piles made rather comfortable chairs, and Yushiro pulled Shin back into one.

“Are you insane?!” he asked in a frantic stage whisper. “If we go out there, we’ll die! D-I-E. Do you get that?”
Shin cocked her head at him, confused. “We’ve almost D-I-E’d before, though,” she said, grinning as she recalled a few examples. “Like that time I thought a wasp nest would be a cool hat? Or when I tried to make wings out of my insects and we both almost fell off a cliff?” She tried to stand again, but Yushiro pushed her back into the leaves. “Hey, what was that for?”

“For being an idiot,” he said, tears sparking at the corners of his eyes. The sounds of screams and explosions were muted by the earth surrounding them, but some sound still filtered through the entrance inside the cave. “I’m scared, Shin, more scared than I’ve ever been before! I was scared back then, too, but not like this! Aren’t you?!” Shin’s expression didn’t change, and Yushiro heaved with the effort of drawing breath. “Have you ever… been scared? I only saw you cry once, and then…”

“You said you didn’t like it when I cried. You said it made you sad too,” Shin said as her head tilted back to center. “So I didn’t. I didn’t want to make you sad. I don’t… want you to be scared either… so we can stay down here until it’s quiet.” She walked over to the boy and gave him a hug, then was surprised when his arms tightened around her.
“You said you wanted to see the Kyuubi, right?” he asked, voice shaking slightly. “Let’s go see it. We don’t have to get close, like you said…”
“But… you said it was scary. You said you didn’t want to go…”
“I still don’t. But I want you to be happy, so… let’s go take a look outside.”
Yushiro went first up the rope ladder, crouching in the cave aboveground as he waited for Shin to emerge. The first thing that struck her as she reached the surface was the smell of smoke. Curious to know where it came from, the redhead shimmied past Yushiro in the tight space to come out of the cave, the boy on her heels.

Fire. Fire everywhere. Trees were burning, the village was burning, the rocks seemed to be burning. The smoke intermingled and rose in a single pillar, as if a giant had smothered his cigarette in the Konoha ashtray. The fire reflected in the pair’s eyes, igniting curiosity in one and overwhelming terror in the other. But the boy swallowed his fear, grasped Shin’s hand, and led them through the flames and out of the forest.

“W-Where are we going?” Shin asked, stumbling along behind Yushiro, following the only blue in a sea of red and orange. “You said you didn’t want to get close…”
“We can’t see the Kyuubi from here ‘cause of the fire. If we get out of the forest to the village…”
The girl’s eyes sparkled. “Then we’ll be able to see it!”
“Yeah.” He buried his lower face in the crook of his elbow and directed Shin to do the same. Inhaling too much smoke would be deadly for both of them, but especially for the smaller girl who also hosted insects susceptible to fire.
I’ll protect her, he thought. If she wants to see the Kyuubi, then I’ll help her see it.

As they emerged from the flaming copse of trees, the burnt orange of the Kyuubi’s pelt became visible. “Is that it?” Shin squealed through her sleeve. “It’s so big!!”
Yushiro couldn’t understand how she could be so excited. He was trying his best to hide his fear, but he was still shaking despite his best efforts. And yet, her complete lack of fear both terrified and enthralled him. How could someone be so reckless, so happy-go-lucky, and yet still be alive? The answer, though he never realized it, was the voice of reason he provided her without suffocating her with worry.

He was rudely awakened from his train of thought by the sight of Shin scaling the wall of a nearby house—one that wasn’t on fire, thankfully—in order to get a better view. Unwilling to let her out of his sight, he clambered after her. She was on the roof by the time he was halfway there, and stood captivated by the size of the nine-tailed fox.

So transfixed was she that she didn’t see the fireball until it was almost upon her, just as Yushiro made it to the roof. Whether it was a stray jutsu of a Jonin battling it, or a fireball sent by the Kyuubi itself, Yushiro didn’t know; all he knew was that if Shin didn’t move, she’d be incinerated. With a panicked yell, he threw himself onto her, knocking them both off the roof, the fireball scorching his back bloody.

They fell.

Red stained the burnt, once beautiful sea-colored hair that pooled around the two on the ground, his larger, heavier frame shielding hers from any further danger.

“Was it… as cool as… you had hoped…?”

“Yu…shiro? YUSHIRO!”

He had died almost instantly, as Shin could recall. That question was the last breath that left his lungs. They were young, too young. Her recklessness had gotten her best friend killed, and that was a death she would carry around her neck for the rest of her life.

It won’t happen again, Shiro. I’ll be stronger now. I’ll be happy, like you wanted… and I’ll protect like you protected me.

(OOC: I know we said like wholesome fillers or whatever but my brain decided depressing go yeet)

Nendo Sachi, Konaha Flat...

Despite it being a rather peaceful day in the Hidden Leaf, it sounded rather hectic as yet another round of village repairs had begun. Naturally, the streets were just a bit noisier than usual; with the voices of numerous workers, repeated supply drop-offs, and the general ambiance of construction. And yet, even with all the sounds of progress filling the streets, the shouts of conflict roaring from the Nendo household could not go unnoticed...

“I don’t care how tired you are! You’re covered in mud and...sweat?”

Akari half-shouted, half-questioned, taking note of the semi-dry, shiny layer of muck darkening his usual dirt coating.

“It’s uh...worm...slime...”

Sachi’s reply barely had a chance to be registered before the young man was utterly blasted with one of the most booming voices he believed could ever come from- not just his sister- but anyone.

“...GO TAKE A BAAAAATH!”

And just like that- the argument was over.

~~~

After a slightly unwanted bath, Sachi was finally permitted the opportunity to rest his aching body. And rest he did.
After sleeping for nearly ten hours, the strangely clean looking Mud-Ninja was awoken by his older sibling with a jolt.

“Hey dork. You overslept. You’re not late, but you don’t have much time to get ready. If you’re really serious about this ninja stuff, you better do it right.”

Sachi’s eyes were crusted over with sleep-dust, and his hair was laying in an even wilder fashion than usual. What’s more, it was apparent that Sachi, in his half-conscious state, hadn’t quite registered what his sister had said to him. Rather than repeat herself, she instead opted to swiftly slam her younger brothers door, jolting him completely awake.

“...what?!”

Sachi’s previously half-lidded eyes snapped open and darted to the small, worn out clock hanging over his bedroom door.

“I’ve only got fourteen minutes!”

Normally? The Genin would start his morning by churning his chakra to build energy whilst having a hefty breakfast to satiate his appetite. Today? He frantically stumbled into his clothes; grabbed his shoes and satchel, then jumped out the window.

“That’s the stuff...”

Sachi mumbled to himself as he landed flat in a pile of semi-soft dirt, which quickly began to cake his body in a powdery, dry layer as he rolled and wiggled around in it. After being one with the chinchillas, Sachi quickly hopped to his feet and slid his shoes on. After a moment of infusing his energy into the dirt that covered him, it quickly morphed into the slightly wetter dirt that normally coated him.

“Thanks Akari! Have a good day at work!”

The refreshed Mud-Ninja gave his sibling one final goodbye, before quickly dashing off towards the Hokages office.

“I’ll probably get there right as we start...dang. Kinda wanted to be early so I would look good. Not exactly like people will believe I’m fashionably late...”

Sorano smiled as she put her flute away and brushed some hair behind her ear. "Thank you, Katzuke-san." The chunin signed. "I was born into a very musical family, there was always music playing somewhere and on Friday evenings in the summer, the whole family got together around a bonfire and sang songs. I was awful at it, but no one cared. They just smiled and cheered me on, no matter how off-key I was."

As the children arrived, the Chunin put an easy smile on her face. One of the genin waved at her and she responded with her own, at least they had manners. At the request of Byukia, Sorano played a quick song before the time and location of their next mission was given to them. As the group split up for the day, the girl stretched her arms and went into town. She had a long day ahead of her and had to prepare.

In a day of: Sorano Kutsu

But first, food. Entering a restaurant that she knew like the back of her hand, the Chunin smiled at a waiter who smiled back. "Hello Sorano-chan, welcome! The usual, I assume?" After getting affirmation via a nod, the waiter lead the girl to an empty table where she always sat and went to give her order to the kitchen. The staff here all knew her, courtesy of her father who always took her with him when he had to work. Over the years, he'd worked himself up to the role of head chef and she couldn't be more proud of him.

"Here you go, Sorano-chan. Kitsune udon with jasmine tea with a tea spoon of honey, enjoy." The waiter smiled as they put her order down for her, taking her silence as a sign of gratitude. They knew about Sorano's condition, everyone did, and they knew better than to judge her. After all, her presence was always a fun change of pace back in the day and still is.

After finishing the meal, paying the bill and leaving a tip for the waiter, Sorano drew a smile on her napkin before giving it back. Leaving the restaurant, she stretched her arms and headed home. The difference between her job and the job of her father was immense, but both jobs were necessary for the society. One kept the village safe and the other kept the village fed, except that her father would only lose colleagues if they get fired. She was less lucky and although she had yet to lose an ally, due to her silence making every sound enemies made that much more obvious, the combined skill set that was available for that mission and the fact that she tended to go on missions alone, there were definitely moments that she wasn't sure if they were going to make it. The most dangerous situation she could remember was when she and her coworker were caught in an ambush by Fire Style users near the border of Rice Country, forcing her to be careful with her own jutsu lest she made the fire jutsu more powerful. They only survived because Sorano summoned Hashi who wasted no time by pelting the other shinobi with rapid fire wind bullets that shredded through skin and muscle with ease, once again reminding the girl just how lucky she was that she was on the good side of her summons.

After their return, they spent multiple weeks on the ER of the hospital. Her ally was dismissed before she was, as her chakra levels were lower and the poisoned sword that she caught for her ally and pierced her gut did more damage than she initially thought. There still was a very distinct entry and exit mark on her stomach and lower back, but she was still alive and kicking. It was almost normal in her field of work, you get caught up in the bloodshed until it breaks you and you get sent to a therapist. There, you get patched up until you're ready to work again or until you learn to hide the signs of breaking and you start all over again. It was a vicious cycle, but that was the life that she and so many others chose.

Passing by a flower shop as she was lost in her thoughts, the warm sun allowed for a more frivolous thought to rise to the surface. Should I visit the hot springs today?

Waking up to the song of birds, Sorano yawned as she got out of bed and took a bath, the second one in 24 hours. After going through her morning routine, she whistled as she washed the dishes. It was the first tune that she'd learned on her flute, and it always managed to sneak into her head every so often. Arriving at the Hokage's office fifteen minutes before they had to arrive, she knelt down and waited for what would happen next. It was a mission with genin, so they probably had to fetch cats, pull weeds or gather trash. D-Ranks were always the bottom of the barrel that shinobi only did if they were bored out of their mind or if they were genin.

----------------------------

"I swear, this woman needs a leash!" A voice rang through the woods, quickly followed by an outroar. "ANOTHER BAR?! That's it, I'm putting her on beet juice for the whole month." The noise left as fast as it arrived, the owner of the voice headed to a bar out in the sticks. "I'll drag her out here myself if need be."

Makoto Takahashi, Streets of Konoha
Makoto found himself wandering the streets of the village quite early in the morning. He had to get up way earlier than usual for the mission, so the streets were mostly empty aside from other Shinobi and the occasional construction workers, who were always busy rebuilding the village. As Makoto wandered, he thought about a lot of things. He wondered mostly about how he would perform as a Shinobi, especially with the legacy of a whole clan riding on his back. Before their massacre in the midst of the war, the Takahashi Clan was quite sizeable and well respected, though that all changed when the majority of its members mysteriously went missing during a mission.

His father was labelled a traitor by many in the village when he returned the only survivor, many blamed him for the death of the entire Clan and called him unfit to be a Shinobi. He promptly retired once the war was over due to the pressure from others, and for that Makoto resented him. To Makoto, his father was a coward that abandoned the Shinobi life, simultaneously dumping the legacy of the entire Takahashi Clan onto him. It bothered him so much because it immediately became his label. More often than not when he’d walk around the village, he’d hear people whispering as he walked, saying things like “there’s that traitors son,” or complaining that he was going to be a Shinobi, presuming he was like his dad.

Makoto continued to silently seethe about his father until he found himself in front of the Hokage’s office. He walked in and checked the clock on the wall.

“5:45am. I spent all that time walking and I’m still fifteen minutes early?” Makoto let out a sigh of mild dissatisfaction as he scaled the stairs to Minato’s office to meet the others and receive their mission.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
A Day in the life of a Secret Uchiha.
Zeren opened the door to his home without much fanfare, greeted by the sight of his father: Minral Raikai. He looked at Zeren expectantly. Zeren had no idea what his father did when he was out of the house, but then again he didn't particularly care.
"Alright, let's get a move on." he spoke robotically, turning back and leaving, Minral right behind.

In their "special" training area, Zeren stabbed his Katana forward, aiming for his father's heart. It was blocked by his signature club, which was swung as a counter attack. Zeren leapt back, narrowly evading it.
"And so Loud Mouth-that's the other guy I'm in a team with-starts blabbing about 'Golden Twelve' or whatever, and The Other One(Yoshi) just goes with it. They sure hit it off." Zeren leapt forward and went for a roundhouse kick, simultaneously giving his mandatory report over his experience. His father remained silent, simply giving an acknowledging "hmm" and leaning away from the kick, retaliating with a palm strike.

More combat/venting later, the training stopped, notified by Minral suddenly looking away, taking note of the time.

Finally, he spoke. "We should go back, it's getting late."
Zeren cocked his head, confused. "What? There's no way we're done yet. What's with the sudden finish?"
"Well, you did just come back from a test. You should be-"
"So? I'll be fine. Since when did you care about that anyway?"
Zeren's father quieted, sighed, and dropped his weapon. Zeren nearly began complaining again, before he noticed Minral beginning to prepare a jutsu. "Alright, if you insist. I won't be going easy now."
Zeren's battle grin returned. "Not like you have before."

The Next Day
"Oh god I regret everything"
Zeren groaned quietly as he trudged toward the Hokage office, which felt like a bit of overkill for a few lost cats. He had trained almost throughout the night, and the lack of sleep and scuffle with Minral's powerful Earth jutsu made his test bruises, which he normally wore with pride, hurt like a bitch.
Mentally, he slapped himself.
"No! No regrets. Past is the past, now focus on the present." Ordered The Right Brain
"Technically these pains are in the present." Replied The Left Brain
"Don't be a smartass." Spat the Right Brain
Zeren sighed, pushing aside the internal conflict and putting on his "bored" face as he entered the office.
"Power through the pain buddy." cheered Right Brain

A day in the Life of a Lucky Devil
Clover walked through the town, not appearing particularly joyful. They passed the test, and Toko got help, so that was nice. Shame it had to end so soon.
Clover continued to walk, stepping over a fat wallet, evading a lottery ticket floating on the wind, and ignoring a raffle on the way.
He felt hungry, so he made his way towards a ramen place. Before he entered, he grabbed a random pedestrian.
"Come with me buddy."
They, of course, reacted in confusion. "I-uh-wha-"
They entered the stand, and were greeted with a very excited cook.
"Congratulations! You're our-"
"One hundredth customer?" Clover dully finished for him, looking from the startled chef back at his companion. " Yeah, have fun with that." he replied, moving away from the very confused customer and paying for himself.
Afterward, he made it home without issue (sadly) and collapsed on his bed.
Next Day
Clover left his home, bidding goodbye to his adoptive parents and making his way to the Hokage's office. Once again, without issue.
(And again, much to his disappointment.)

Namikaze Minato, Office of the Fourth Hokage

It was a quiet, eerily peaceful morning in Konoha; only a select few construction crews had started already -- the others would have some more time to sleep and prepare for the long day of work ahead.

The Fourth Hokage had been in his office since three a.m, when he found he couldn't sleep among a cacophony of silence. He still hadn't gotten used to going to bed unaided by Kushina's soft snoring. He sighed and composed himself just as the first few shinobi of the day straggled into his office. Aside from the jonin leaders, this was a young bunch. Minato had initially fought to give the genin easier assignments -- but Danzo was right. They didn't have the manpower. Especially not after Lord Third directed only the older ninja of the village be allowed to fight the Nine-Tails.

Soon, eleven shinobi stood before him, awaiting his orders. The Hokage steepled his fingers together, his elbows bent firm against the top of his fine, oak desk, a beautiful piece of craftsmanship handed down to the village leader by the First himself. Sometimes, Minato wondered if Hashirama felt unworthy.

"Hi everybody," Minato greeted the group in his normal, warm voice. But in his eyes, there was an opaqueness -- not quite regret, but something much harder to define, "We don't have much time, so listen closely. Save any questions you have until I'm done, but there's a lot to go over here."

The Fourth Hokage paused for a moment before continuing:

"As you can see, we're unfortunately down one of the jonin leaders," Minato said, "Yama Akumo is the shinobi in this village most skilled and knowledgeable of barrier ninjutsu. Unfortunately, a need for him has arisen elsewhere. As for Rinha Miko, having already possessed some skill in medical ninjutsu, she has been separately assigned to aide at the hospital. To the members of Team 11 and 12, who spent what little time you've had together getting to know each other, I apologize. But we have no other choice. As of today, the members of Team 12 - Gato Hisato, Raikai Zeren, and Momo Yoshi - are to work with Team 13 under the leadership of Ugokasenai Keito."

Having started of his spiel, Minato waited just a moment to see how the genin in the room would react. Surprisingly, he caught a hint of dismay in Keito's face.

"At the outskirts of the village, you'll meet up with what is known as the Utogi Caravan on the outskirts of the village -- Konohagakure does a lot of business with this group, so this mission is most definitely vital. They're reporting violence being carried out against them along the borders with the Lands of Rain and Wind. You're to act as bodyguards on their route, preventing any further incidents; but you're also to do what you can to investigate past incidents, and see if there is some sort of pattern we can follow, or if these are disparate attacks. This is your mission."

Then, almost without taking a breath, Minato turned his attention to the remaining four shinobi in the room.

"Koun Clover, Chishiwa Toko, Kutsu Sorano and Katzuke Byukia -- your mission will keep you within Konoha's walls, but this is mission is - too - considered vital," Minato sighed, rubbing his forehead, "An Uchiha Aote - a Lieutenant in the Police Force - was arrested last night. After a fight broke out outside of the Hano Bar, Aote moved in to interfere, and in the rising tensions of the scrum, is believed to have killed Dezo Ioki - a citizen in the village - not out of self-defense, but out of pure, murderous intent. With tensions between the Uchiha and the rest of the village already...tight, well, I'm sure you understand the implications here. Of course, normally, we'd send ANBU or members of the Interrogation Corps but, well...the Interrogation Corps is down to a single member surviving after the Nine-Tails attack, and I'm otherwise so busy to be running the ANBU ragged, short-staffed as they are as well. Your mission is to conduct an impartial investigation alongside Ugokasenai Kitomo, to the best of your abilities. This mission is far from cut-and-dry, but, well, very few are."

Finally, the pause Minato took seemed to be a grateful one; Minato took a long, deep breath, grabbing at a cup of water beside his right arm to take a long swig.

"Are there any questions?" He asked, "If not, the jonin leaders have the necessary files to get going so...get going!"

@ThAtGuY101 @DarkHydraT @Nilion @=Nightshade= @Pinch @Shikowara @Gamingfan

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
(RIP Kushina…She lived an amazing life and made amazing changes to the world around her. *raises mug of hot chocolate, then sips it*)

Chishima Toko - The Hokage’s Office
Toko missed Miko a little bit. At least they had Sorako-senpai. The office was smaller than he thought. He noticed that team 12 was missing their jonin leader. Who was their leader again? Yama Akumo, right. He was a very big man. Older too, he recalled.
Apparently, Akumo-sensei was needed elsewhere. Well, at least he’s being helpful. Toko thought.

Of course it was a bar fight… Toko rolled his eyes, but got more serious has the Hokage continued. He would never roll his eyes at murderous intentions. He looked at Byukia to see her reaction to the mission. He wondered what was going through her head at that moment.

Momo Yoshi - The Hokage’s Office
The smile of the Hokage made Yoshi feel at ease…Though she had a feeling that this man was troubled or hiding something of some kind. She noticed that team 11 had a different member than before. Who was she? Rinha Miko wasn’t there. Maybe she was a replacement. Why don’t we get one?
Oh, that’s right. She’s got some pretty awesome medical skills.
Yoshi thought. She choked on air as the Hokage explained they were being teamed up with team 13. She knew nothing about Ugokasenai Keito. He was total mystery to her. She’d seen him the day of the graduation, but other than that, nothing.

Getting to go outside of Konoha?! Awesome! She thought. She’d always wanted to leave the village and explore the world around it. The gates were as close to the outside world she could get. She was quite excited, but interested about this ‘Utogi Caravan’. She also always wanted to be a bodyguard. She was too excited to take this seriously, she realized.

(Still frustrated about Sorako/Sorano’s name XD)

Ugokasenai Keito, Hokage's Office

Little could have prepared for the unexpecting Worm Sage to learn he'd have to lead a team of six genin -- three had seemed like enough, more than enough even. Keito recomposed himself when he realized the Fourth's gaze had settled on him, assessing his discomfort in a near-instant. When the assignment was given, he looked over those who would make up his team while the room fell into a contemplative silence. Then, breaking that silence, Keito said:

"Thank you for your orders, Lord Fourth," The jonin leader offered a deep bow of respect before raising himself back to a stiff attention, turning to the six shinobi he'd been named charge of, "Teams 12, 13, with me! We don't have time to waste."

As he turned, Keito's coat flowed in a perfect swishing motion behind him., his footsteps soon echoing down the hallway, until they were too far away to hear.

Ugokasenai Keito, Hokage Residence, Outside

"We don't have long before the Utogi Caravan departs -- they run an incredibly tight schedule, and they way for no man, clan or village," He remarked, turning to face all six kids, "I'm sorry that this isn't how you might have imagined your first mission, but little as a ninja ends up how you picture it. Team 12, we'll have to skip the introductions for now. We have some way to travel before our first destination, and we'll use that time to train together. That's how we'll get to know each other. I'll go over the details once we're on the road. If you forgot anything at home, you have no more than thirty minutes to get what you need and head toward Konoha's western exit."

The Worm Sage walked like he wasn't in as much of a hurry as he seemed, but his long, thin legs still seemed to carry him a surprising distance with each, slinking stride.

'So I worry about one team of genin and now I'm in charge of two?' Keito looked up toward the clouds and muffled a sigh, 'Which one of you up there cursed me so? It was you - Sensei - wasn't it?'

It was impossible to miss the Utogi Caravan; comprised of nine wagons of varying lengths and widths, each packed to capacity and covered in thick, brown covers. The last wagon poked its back through Konoha's open doors, the others visible stretching out into the road ahead.

At least three dozen people milled about, some within the walls, some without; they mixed commoner's browns and beiges with more formal blacks and whites. Some tried to enjoy what time off remained, others looked impatient and ready to leave at the sound of a whip.

Last edited:

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Momo Yoshi, Hokage’s Office
Yoshi bowed to the Lord Hokage and mumbled a thank you before following her substitute sensei outside of the circular red and yellow-orange building. It was somewhat hard to keep up with him because of his large steps.

Momo Yoshi, Hokage Residence, Outside
Team…12+13 is 20…5? Yeah. Team 25! “We should call ourselves Team 25!” She said to whomever would pay attention as they got outside. Yoshi looked in the direction of the gate, which was on the other side of the walled in village. She was kinda disappointed that they didn’t have time for introductions here either. She sighed.

Yoshi didn’t have anything else to pack so she followed Keito-sensei, hoping he didn’t mind. She also wanted to at least get a little casual interaction with him. “Hi.” Said the small kunoichi to the tall Worm Sage. Why are people so tall? She wondered.

Ugokasenai Keito, Konohagakure Streets

"We should call ourselves Team 25!" One of his squads' newcomers blurted. The jonin smiled. Why hadn't he thought of that?

As he walked in his brisk-but-casual pace, Keito noticed that same newcomer catch up to him, walking beside him as he strolled toward the West Gates, and the caravan.

Still too early in the morning for most, the few rebuilt houses and other buildings remained dark, even as the sun started to rise higher in the sky. As they walked, they could see a smattering of shop owners preparing their reconstruction or reopening.

"Hi." She said with a child-like friendliness. Keito turned his head, looked down at her and smiled.

"Hi there," He replied, trying to imagine how to properly interact with a twelve year-old, "Are you...excited, for your first mission?"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Secret Uchiha
Zeren groaned. "Amazing. Now I'm gonna have to deal with another team alongside my own. Quantity over quality I guess. Well, at least this mission is gonna be an interesting one. Better than cats, at least."
He groaned even louder when Yoshi blurted something. "What's the mineral now? Iron? Diamond? Ruby? Graphite?" he replied, his words laced with sarcasm as he walked out of Minato's office. Having already prepared, he felt no need to return home.
During their travels, he couldn't help but notice Keito's internal conflict. Yeah, having to take care of another group of genin alongside your own probably wasn't the most fun idea. Still, he doubted Hisato or Yoshi would be much trouble, save for the general loudness.
Once they reached their destination, Zeren said nothing, but his cocked head and expectant expression clearly said "Kay, enough with the vague crap. Spill. What are we gonna do?"

Four Leaf Clover
Clover looked over at Sorano. It was a bit sad that Miko had to go away, but at least she was going places. And now he had a new teammate who, weirdly enough, did not appear to be the same level as they were. Probably a good thing. It'll make the job easier, hopefully.

~Byukia Katzuke - Hokage Office...~

Byukia was being briefed on her mission to head to the Interrogation Corp. Meet up with Kitomo and question a suspect. This was a bit of an odd mission but Byukia bowed, "yes, lord fourth!" Byukia said readying herself to do the mission and made her way down to the location.

~Byukia Interrogation Corp HQ...~

As Byukia arrived, she smiled, "You guys are on your first mission, how do you feel?" Byukia said talking to her genin. She then headed inside and was expecting to find Kitomo there. Byukia chuckled because she knew that was Keito's father, "Teehee..." Byukia chuckled to the thought.

~In the LIFE of Hisato Gato...~

Meeting with his Sensei and new team was a blast, and now Hisato was at home celebrating with some Karaage.

"Got 'em!" Hisato said grabbing his dice.
"No fair!" Kid 1 said.
"Fair and square!" Hisato said.
"You just got lucky, I'm totally gonna sweep the next round" Kid 1 said.
"Nah. Your gonna whine and complain the game is rigged when your still in last place" Kid 2 said.
"Hisato still got lucky with that roll though" Kid 3 said.
"That got nothing to do with the sore loser over there being in last place" Kid 2 said.
"Yeah yeah... So you ready to become a ninja, Hisato" Kid 2 said.
"Heck yeah! Team twelve golden baby!" Hisato said.
"The heck is that supposed to mean?" Kid 3 said.
"It means we're gonna kick ass and be the best!" Hisato said.
"Kick some butt for me too!" Kid 2 said.
"Totally!" Hisato said bumping knuckles with kid 2.
"Me too!" Kid 1 said.
"Me three!" Kid 3 said.
"I gotcha fam!" Hisato said bumping knuckles with his two other friends.
""It's getting late though. We should be going to sleep soon" Kid 1 said.
"Tsh! Check out this cool book I got from my dad's room!" Kid 3 said.
"Are you sure we should be looking at that?" Kid 2 said.
"Hisato is a ninja! He's basically an adult now" Kid 1 said.
"Yeah but..." Hisato was interrupted
"Check this out!" Kid 1 said holding out the book revealing a samurai man holding a nodachi and a kunoichi in a tree next to him holding a wakizashi.
"A real samurai!" Kid 2 said.
"Cool beans" Hisato said.
"It's getting late. You kids should be getting to bed soon" Hisato's mom said.

Kid 1 quickly hid his book before the mother could see it. The three continued to chat and joke around in the now dark room. They began telling ghost stories and telling for about another hour before going to sleep for the night.

~A day in the life of Hisato Gato the next day...~

Hisato woke up, ate breakfast, the parents of his friends came by to pick them up, and soon enough Hisato would be going on his first mission. Hisato ran to his bedroom and changed from his pajamas and into his regular clothes. He leaped out his window and landing on a cat's tail, "MroooOOOOWWWWW!!!" The cat yelled in a hissing tone. "Sorry cat!" Hisato said while performing a cartwheel. Hisato nearly kicked an old man in the face.

"Watch where your going young man" The old man said.
"Sorry!" Hisato said now running full speed.
*enter naruto opening theme*
Hisato tossed a small bag of coins on a shop keeper's table. Hisato ran over and grabbed a drink. The shop keeper poured the coins on the table revealing the exact amount to purchase the drink, "Morning Hisato" The man said.

"Morning Mr. Shabuya" Hisato said continuing to run down the street, now making his way to the rooftops. Hisato did a back flip off one roof and onto another. He did a cartwheel on another roof, and belly flopped on a large pile of hay. Before landing on the hay pile, he threw a kunai at a target. He got out the hay and went to retrieve his kunai. He had just barely hit the target on one of the outer rings. Hisato put the kunai back in its case before chuckling to himself.

*Grumble grumble* an older farmer as he saw Hisato land in his hay pile. Hw waved, and Hisato waved back before continuing down his merry path. Hisato saw some people on the street corner dancing. Hisato ran over and bust a few dance moves(One of those dance moves being the worm) before once again heading to his destination. He high fived the dancers before slowly making his way to the Kage Mansion.

A group of people were walking through the street. "Scuse me! Coming through! Parden me! scoochies! Don't mind me! Coming through! Scoot over a lil will ya! Thanks! Thankyou! Much appreciated!" Hisato said running through the crowd. Hisato was not gonna be detoured now.

~The life of Hisato Gato, just outside the Kage Mansion...~

The kage mansion was now in within eye shot. Hisato leaped over a cart and slid under a table and slid past the waitress on the other side of the table before rolling and getting up and going. He was gonna get there as fast as he could. He adjusted his clothes a little before going to get his assignment, and meeting with the others.

"Akumo Senseeei! Akumo senseeeei!!! Yoshi! Yoooooshiiiii!!!" Zeren! Zeeeren!!! Hisato ran cheerfully. He wasn't sure if they'd actually hear him yelling from a distance but he yelled it anyways.

~Life of Hisato Gato, the Kage Office...~

"Good morning to yooou! Good mooorning to you! It's such a nice day let's go kick some ass!" Hisato said cheerfully while posing and doing jazz hands.

Hisato paused to look at the fourth hokage. Hisato stood there quietly and awkwardly not sure what to say to the kage who was looking right at him. This was an funny situation for Hisato to find himself in. Hisato smiled and waved, "Sup fourth!" Hisato chuckled.

~Hisato Gato, Konohagakure streets...~

"Team diamond twenty-fiiive!" Hisato said.

"There's Yoshi and Zeren!" Hisato said. He paused to look at Keito,, "Am I excited? No. I'm not excited to go on my very first mission ever. I'm not. I'm hyped! LET'S GOOOOO!!! I'm ready to fight! Save lives! Use clever strategies! Run my bone sword through someone's abdomen... Take precautions to avoid getting seriously injured! and brag to aaaall my homies that I'm a good ass ninja!" Hisato said.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

“Pfft,” Shin snorted then covered her mouth. Zeren’s sarcasm clearly hadn’t been whittled down by whatever training exercise his sensei had given him. Neither had Hisato’s boundless energy, apparently. Part of her wanted to curl up in a ball in the corner, part of her wanted laugh until her stomach hurt, and part of her wanted to just pull out a kunai and stab a tree. At least Yoshi seemed fairly normal. And normal-sized. Still taller than Shin, but not by much.

Shin quickened her pace to keep up with Keito-Sensei. Her insects were completely replenished from the day before, and she was determined that her first mission would go well. “Make sure your ‘homies’ know what’s up!” Shin directed at Hisato. She sped up again, falling a little behind with her short legs. Seriously, are those guys taking steroids? No way any normal person would be that tall… I mean come on, I know I’m short, but some people need to shrink or just slow down for the midget population. She wasn’t about to ask for that, though. She could keep up, no problem; it wasn’t like she was out of shape. Far from it.

And yet it required a conscious effort to hide the fact that her breathing had quickened substantially once they reached the caravan. Shin released a few of her insects from her skin, employing her water breathing technique to gain more oxygen through the kikai, allowing herself to catch her breath quickly. The girl straightened up to an — intimidating — four feet eight inches, and glanced over the caravan. Some people looked like racehorses ready to take off like a shot, and others looked like they had better things to do. Big wagons. Cool. Now what?

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Momo Yoshi, Konohagakure Streets
Yoshi had heard Zeren’s groans. She shook her head. Can’t he just be grateful we’re going on a cool mission?
Keito-sensei looked down at her as he spoke. “Yeah! I’ve always wanted to leave the village. I was expecting to be looking for kittens all day.” Yoshi told him, remembering her conversation with Akumo-sensei when they had finished their training.
The strawberry blonde haired girl laughed at Hisato’s reply. He seemed to always make her laugh. She liked that.

Yoshi looked at Shin as she spoke to Hisato. She noticed that she was shorter than herself…and slower. Though, Yoshi was practically power walking, if you know what that means. She slowed down a tiny bit in order to walk next to Shin. “Hi, I’m Momo Yoshi. Do you remember me from class?” She asked the bug-user. Yoshi wasn’t interested in the wagons quite yet, she was more interested in talking to her new teammates.

(Edit: Forgot to add Toko’s part)

Chishima Toko, Interrogation Corp HQ
Toko followed Byukia-sensei to the Interrogation Corp HQ. “Anxious…and a little excited, actually” Toko mumbled a reply to Byukia. As a small child, he’d always wanted to be part of the Interrogation Corp. He thought it was super cool. It was like being a police officer and detective at the same time…And you’re allowed to torture people. That wasn’t what he wanted to do, just to clarify. What he wanted to do was outsmart people. He’d wanted to be the interrogator that could always outsmart the one being interrogated. It made him feel superior when he could figure out things others couldn’t.

Last edited:
Sorano had kept silent during the way to the mission, deciding to use her time observing the genin on the team. The boy, Toko if she remembered correctly, was the first to speak up and admit his anxiousness. A stark difference from the genin who boldly proclaimed to feel fine, only for them to be the first to buckle. Placing a hand on Toko's shoulder, the Chunin smiled at the boy before retracting her hand and waiting. Ugokasenai would meet up with the team here, and she'd be lying if she said that she'd never heard that name before. Wasn't an Ugokasenai a genin sensei this year?

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Toko felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped slightly. He looked over to see Sorano-senpai smiling at him. He put on a small smile in return. Yup, I definitely like this one. He thought, looking forward again. Sorano seemed very kind. He wondered how Byukia had met her. That was probably a question for another time, though.

The man we’re meeting…Ugokasenai Kitomo, right? He sounds like an interesting man. Though, I feel like I’ve heard that name before…Oh, where did I hear it?

Ugokasenai Kitomo, Interrogation Corps HQ:

Not far from the Hokage's Mansion, the currently-under-construction Interrogation Corps Headquarters stood, cold and grey and utterly unlike the warmer, lighter browns, tans, reds and greens of Konoha's buildings. Though only two stories, the building was wide and looked like it had been built on a sturdy foundation.

Inside was an office that betrayed a much more bureaucratic job, desks and file cabinets aligned in rows -- all empty, though. As Lord Fourth had mentioned, the Interrogation Corps (and the Barrier Corps, for that matter) were quite...depleted following the Kyuubi attack.

On the far opposite end of the HQ entrance was a back room which shone like fresh steel; a make-shift holding cell, or cells - it was hard to tell from the group's current position - separate from those at the Uchiha Police HQ.

Ugokasenai Kitomo - tokubetsu jonin and long-time head of the Interrogation Corps - emerged from the holding cell at the far end of the room; he was shorter than his son, Keito, though still about six feet - or slightly under - and covered in a menacing black-and-red leather longcoat, a vest visible beneath strapped to the teeth with short wazikashi. Keito was tall and slim whereas Kitomo had bulk. He was wide but not large like an Akimichi. Kitomo wore a bulky breathing apparatus from just below his eyes to the middle of his neck -- those breaths going in and coming out sounding like the hissing compressed air.

"So you're the team Lord Fourth's assigned to aide with the investigation," Kitomo observed, proving himself a master detective. His voice was muffled, but the monotone objectivity leaked through his mask quite clear, "Fine then."

With a swiftness in his right arm, Kitomo reached into his jacket's interior pocket and produced a sizeable folder, which he handed to Byukia.

"This case should be clear-cut," He admitted, "For several hours at a local bar known as the Fire Club, two citizens - Maku and Okko - were seen getting minor disputes throughout the night, which grew more obvious the more each man had to drink at the bar. Around midnight, the Police Force was notified that the two were disturbing the peace, and a pair of police were dispatched. Uchiha Aote and his partner - Uchiha Touske - arrived at the Fire Club only ten minutes past midnight. They broke up the pair of men just before Maku and Okko started to fight; as Aote subdued Maku, the man cried out in pain several times. Aote is quoted as saying, "Stop resisting" at least twice, even though Maku was subdued on the ground at that moment. It is then that Uchiha Aote...stabbed Maku in the back with a kunai."

As he paused, Kitomo grabbed his own case file and thumbed through some of its contents.

"In custody we have both Uchiha Aote and his partner Touske - who claims Maku produced the kunai and tried to stab Aote first - and the other drunk from that night, Okko, says Touske tried to stab him, first. We talked to over thirty people who claimed to be present at the time of the murder, but there are only four we consider viable eyewitnesses; four people who saw not only the scuffle between the police and the drunk men, but were in the bar when both were at odds with the other.

"In your case file, you'll find crime scene photos and drawings. My notes there also include suspect and witness testimony -- although hopefully we won't have to go re-canvass the crime scene or interview witnesses. As I said, it should be open-and-shut case. All I need is another set of eyes and ears to look over the facts as we know them, and to talk to our suspects. Now, let's get started, shall we?"

@ThAtGuY101 @DarkHydraT @Shikowara @Gamingfan

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Four Leaf Clover
Clover cringed slightly "Woof, that escalated quickly. A murder case is quite the tall order, but we'll try our best."
Despite the rather grim situation, Clover was internally ecstatic.
YES! How could my luck affect this is any way? Finally, something that I might find difficulty in.
Then again, the case was said to be clear-cut, so it probably wasn't going to be all that hard anyway.
Right?

Secret Uchiha
"Aaaaand he took me seriously. Should've seen that coming." Zeren sighed, accepting his depressing (in his eyes) fate in the Topaz 6.
Or something.

Makoto Takahashi, Konohagakure
Makoto walked silently to the caravan with the now 7-man team that he was a part of. He remembered all of the people in Team 12 from the academy, though he wasn't really acquainted with any of them all that well, so he decided to just stay quiet. This was a mission after all, he would rather focus on that than anything else.

When they reached the caravan, Makoto was surprised at it's size, he'd always thought caravans to be much smaller than this. He was suddenly glad there were two teams on this mission, instead of just Team 13. Even so, it seemed like it'd take some effort to protect it regardless, if something went wrong.

"So, we just take these guys to their destination? Seems simple enough." He said aloud to himself.

Last edited:

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Toko looked up at the tall man who was Kitomo. He honestly made him feel more anxious. To Toko, it looked like that man could slam something into the wall and make the whole place come down. He, as subtly as possible, stepped closer Byukia-sensei, as if he were a shy 4 year old child.

The noirette was already thinking about the case. Only four viable witnesses, huh? Hopefully they were all at different angles. If they all give different perspectives, it might be easier. Unless it makes it harder…Okay, calm down. Think! He sighed. I’m not cut out for this…No, don’t say that. You just need a little help, that’s all. Byukia-sensei and Sorano-senpai are smart people. Clover will also bring a new perspective of things…Why am I suddenly doubting myself? It’s because I’m intimidated. Is that why? Or is it because… He frowned as his thoughts continued, not really paying attention to anything else.

~Hisato Gato, Team Diamond twenty-five...~

"Ayooo!" Hisato said pointing his finger guns at Shin. Hisato slowed down a little so Shin wouldn't have to speed up. Hisato grinned at Toko who seemed to be keeping up with Shin as well. Hisato looked over at Zeren, "Team Diamond twenty-five baby!" Hisato said holding his fist in the air.

Hisato briefly looked over at Makoto, "Simple enough!" He said cheerfully holding his thumb up. Though Hisato was curious if there was a catch. Not very curious to the point of assuming or asking, but enough to occupy a few thoughts in his head.

~Byukia Katzuke...~

"Anxious, huh? Heheh. Don't worry, you'll be fine" Byukia said. Byukia turned and smiled at Clover before turning her attention towards Kitomo.

"Correct!" Byukia said when asking if they were sent by fourth.

Byukia hummed to herself as she looked through the folder.

"Ookie" Byukia said when Kitomo asked if they were ready. Byukia put a soft hand on Toko's shoulder. "Your stronger than you think Toko. I believe in yooou" Byukia said.

In truth, Sachi had been far more reserved than usual. While it was understandable that he’d kept quiet while in the Kage’s office, it wasn’t like him to remain quiet amongst the his peers. He simply wanted to observe, and settle into the new situation. It felt strange.
He’d heard of squads teaming up to take on larger missions, he just hadn’t expected it to be so soon.
Sachi’s own thoughts were soon interrupted by the voices of his rather charismatic new teammates began throwing out new name ideas.

“Team 25? That might be confusing. Why not Team 12.5? Or Team Neo-12?”

Just as the Mud-Nin was about to voice his opinion, he noticed that that one, little joke had actually helped break the ice amongst the newly expanded squad.
Despite the fact that it didn’t make much sense, Sachi supposed he could handle being a member of ‘Team 25’ for awhile.

“Look at us- we’ll be twice as good as every other squad! Though, I gotta admit, even though it’s our first mission, I kinda expected something more intense than a Caravan. Ya know, because of the big team and all.”

As Sachi spoke, he gently clapped his hands together, creating a small dust cloud as he attempted to remove a bit of the dried mud from his palms. After doing so- he swiftly pulled a small, plastic container from his bag containing a variety of cubed fruit. After cracking the lid off and tossing it back into his bag, Sachi raised the small container to his mouth and gently shook a few pieces of fruit into it.

“Hope you guys don’t mind. I didn’t have time for breakfast, and I gotta have something.”

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Momo Yoshi, Konohagakure Streets
Yoshi hummed a bit as she looked at the caravan. “Where are they going anyway?” She asked. She wondered how far their destination was from here.

Toko looked at Byukia as she spoke. He smiled as she said that she believed in him. He nodded, ready. He just needed a little push. He liked his team a lot…He remembered Miko again. He missed her.

Sorano carefully listened to the intel that was given to them. A potential case of police violence would cause an uproar among civilians if not treated correctly, so there was no room for failure. Looking at Kitomo, the girl steeled her resolve and opened her mouth, sweat suddenly running down her back. She hated talking to people she didn't trust 100%, so that ruled out everyone but her parents, her therapist and the Hokage. As if a fat, old toad croaked, Sorano's rough voice filled the air.

"In case of a witness interview, how can we reach these people?"

Sorano forced her voice to stay even and her heart rate to calm down as she clenched her wrist behind her back. It was an embarrassing sight in her opinion, a Chunin that got stabbed without too much care, but that was sweating bullets when talking. Hokage-sama said that she was on a mission to find her voice, but the sheer pressure of the situation alongside the reveal of her ugly voice felt like torture. The girl desperately hoped that Byukia would take the reigns from here and that she could resort to sign language.

Last edited:
Ugokasenai Kitomo, Interrogation Corps HQ

Noticing the rush of anxiety overtaking the young genin, Toko, the older Kitomo waited for Byukia to speak and offer her encouragement before kneeling beside the younger boy. Kitomo's eyes were a steely brown, but they weren't without warmth and kindness. Maybe somewhere behind the apparatus that covered half of his face, Kitomo was trying to smile.

"Do not fear, young one," He said, his voice oddly soft for being a mechanical rasp, "Minato-sama would not have assigned you and your team on this mission if he didn't have faith in each of you, individually. In fact, when I look in your eyes, I see the same things that I saw in my son when he was much younger. And now, his skill puts me to shame. Have faith -- in yourself, and your team."

Standing and steeling himself one more, Kitomo paused, his ragged, robotic breathing filling the air.

"If you wish to interview the witnesses, you'll find their place of work and last know residential address in the case file," Kitomo explained, "Though if they're unreachable beyond that -- that's what you're all here to help me with, if it happens. Now, take some time to go over the case files again. When you all feel comfortable with the facts of the case, I think it best that we conduct the interviews for the three people we're currently holding together. If the case is still open after that...we'll discuss, and figure out where to go from there."

@ThAtGuY101 @DarkHydraT @Shikowara @Gamingfan

Ugokasenai Kitomo, Konoha Western Wall

Able to feel - somewhere off in the distance - his father making some poor kid unreasonably uncomfortable, the Worm Sage counted his blessings. Team 12 was comprised of some odd ones, buy maybe they brought a energy his own genin needed. But, while Keito felt grateful for a moment, that feeling didn't last long.

"Who are these...these infants!?" An incredulous voice cried out in frustration. From atop the center caravan, a very short (maybe Shin's height) and very stout older man waddled down a ladder on the caravan's side, his little feet wiggling around inches off the ground for a moment before he let himself drop, "Does the Hokage think so low of us?"

"Excuse me, Mr. uhh--" Keito fumbled over his words for a second, taken aback by the man's attitude.

"We're raided by bandits and thieves for months," The man continued, shuffling over to Keito on tiny feet, bold enough to stick a finger as close to the jonin's face as he could, "I've lost twenty drivers to raids and that man sends children!?"

"Mr. Utogi, hello-" Keito attempted to maintain some sense of affability.

"I don't have time to lead a field trip!" This Mr. Utogi wore a massive top hat that added at least another foot to his height, and carried a heavy cane tucked royally under his left armpit, "If you could please return with some real ninja-"

"Mr. Utogi," Keito's voice dropped several pitches, a seriousness overtaking him, "I swear to you any of these children could kill your entire caravan before you finish whatever tirade you planned on launching. I know you're itching to leave on schedule, so I think it best we all work with what we're given, and get on our way."

Recoiling his pointed finger, biting his tongue and swallowing it for just a moment, Mr. Utogi slammed the tip of his cane against the ground, let out a nasty hmph! and turned his back on the swollen team.

"We leave now," He growled, "I take it at least you know what needs doing."

As the enraged and embarrassed Mr. Utogi stormed off back toward his caravan, Keito turned toward his easy-going team and let out an awkward cough, scratching at the back of his head.

"Lesson one?" He said, not entirely sure, "You're not always going to be appreciated or respected for your work. But your mission doesn't need anyone acknowledge you or your skill; your mission simply needs doing, to the best of your ability. Lesson two: Even with greater numbers, never underestimate your mission. It's never 'easy', it's never even 'difficult'; it is simply your mission, and - again - it needs doing."

With a vicious whistle from Mr. Utogi, the ten Caravans started to slowly hunch forward, and began picking up speed.

"We'll be moving in the trees alongside the road, flanking the caravan," Keito explained, "Team 13 will take the left, Team 12, the right: Sachi and Hisato up front, Makoto and Zeren in the middle, Yoshi and Shin in the back. I'll be directly behind the caravan -- from there I can watch our rear, and all of you up front. And I'll be able to move wherever I'm needed, as fast as possible. When we stop for lunch, I'll take Team 12 to train. At dinner, I'll take Team 12. If you have any questions, ask them on the way. But first, take these:"

Keito reached into his coat, then under, and then under his chunin vest, then further under his jumpsuit. He scrounged around for a moment before, with a satisfied 'ah!', pulled out a handful of earthworms, wriggling about happily in his hand.

"All of you take one. We'll be able to maintain direct communication with everyone in the group this way. Don't be shy, I swear, they're great!"

@Nilion @Pinch @=Nightshade= @Shikowara @Gamingfan @ThAtGuY101

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Secret Uchiha
Zeren snorted at the exchange between Keito and Top Hat. To be honest, he understood Top Hat's doubts. One doesn't typically call for a bodyguard that can't legally drink, but nonetheless found his attitude about it annoying.
So of course Zeren couldn't help sticking his tongue out alongside a rather rude hand gesture towards Top Hat as he walked away, tail between legs.
Keito earn himself some cool points with his argument, and immediately lost them upon tacking a lesson to that whole fiasco, which Zeren responded to with a hand wave.
"If I wanted to be acknowledged for my work, I'd become a criminal. They have wanted posters and everything. Just call me Robbin' Raikai." he snickered, which immediately died upon Keito's worm reveal.
Ew.
Practical, but still.
Ew.
Nonetheless, he took a worm and tentatively held it, hoping that by "great" Keito didn't mean "Tasty".

Four Leaf Clover
Clover looked through the file, mind swimming with all the words and information. He knew he wasn't a genius in any way, but man this is a lotta info to take in. Still, he'd persevere. There was quite a lot riding on this, after all.
Rather absorbed in the file, he simply gave a nod and quick "Hm." as an affirmative to the plan.

~Hisato Gato...~

"Hmmmm! Double the team! Double the power!" Hisato said cheerfully in regards to Sachi's comment. Hisato wanted to make funny faces at the short man as well, who did this fool think he was?

"Were the best team around, old man" Hisato said cheerfully.

"Lost twenty drivers? Our drivers are dying! Let's keep sending more anyways cause the problem will go away on it's own. Not our fault you waited so long to seek help..." Hisato thought to himself.

One grumpy client wasn't gonna deter this hype machine from the soon to be mission. "Yes sir, Caterpillar sensei!" Hisato said confusing Caterpillars with worms.

"Let's go Sachiiiii!!" Hisato yelled running to the front. Big energy swinging.

Hisato turned and let out a shrill Yelp as he touched the worm, leaping four feet into the air. Hisato held the worm, and the worm looked at Hisato. Hisato looked at the worm, and the worm looked back at Hisato. Then Hisato looked back at the worm, and the worm looked back at him. Hisato continued staring at the worm, and the worm continued staring at him.

"Are you gonna stare at me or talk to me?" The worm said.
"Your staring at me!" Hisato yelled.
"Your holding me! My life is literally in your hand, and you should be nice. Were not that bad! Also were worms numskull, not caterpillars! You don't see stubby little legs on me, do you? I ain't about to turn into a butterfly or a moth or anything" the worm said.
"Weeell... I still don't know your name. I'm Hisato" Hisato said.
"Hisato? I'm Wumbo" the worm said.
"Are you ready to kick butt, Wumbo?" Hisato asked.
"Ready? I been ready! Let's get 'em!" Wumbo said.

Hisato grinned before placing Wumbo on his shoulder, and running to the front.

~Byukia Katzuke...~

Byukia smiled at Toko before turning her gaze towards Sorano, "That's a good question, I'm very glad that you mentioning that. I have an idea, though I'm sure Kimoto here has also thought of this" Byukia said cheerfully.

Byukia could tell Sorano was feeling unease. Byukia felt confident she knew what needed to be done, and she felt confident in the people she was working with to complete this mission.

"Well put, sir. Your voice... It reminds me of another particular Jonin..." Byukia said.

"Itd be a good idea to split up. Kitomo Ugokasenai? I hope you don't mind me asking, but could you please go with Sorano to these locations? Me and these two will head to the other locations" Byukia said gently placing a hand on Sorano's shoulder.

"I have faith in you. It's just like how I just told Toko, you are stronger than you think" Byukia said before patting Sorano on the back and walking over to her two genin, "This is our fiiirst location!" Byukia said.

"Good luuuck" Byukia said to Kitomo and Sorano. Byukia waved one last time before heading to her location.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Toko leaned back ever so slightly when Kitomo kneeled down beside him. But as he spoke, he couldn’t help but smile. “Thank you, sir.” He said, giving a slight bow. His son…What were the things that he saw in my eyes? Normally Toko would ask, but he decided not to interrupt.

Toko was not expecting Sorano-senpai to talk at all. He could tell she didn’t like talking, so for her to speak was quite the surprise. She seemed very nervous as she talked, but she kept her voice sounding calm.
He wanted to place a hand on her shoulder, reassuring her as she did him…but he felt to nervous to do so. Luckily Byukia did it for him. Heh, good timing.
Toko nodded to Byukia and waved goodbye to Sorano before following the purple haired jonin again.

Momo Yoshi, Konoha Western Wall
Infants?! Yoshi exclaimed in her head, giving Mr. Top Hat a confused/offended look. She hadn’t expected this. She thought that everyone was use to children being ninja and sent on missions.
When Keito-sensei’s voice lowered, Yoshi brought a hand up to her mouth, which had an expression that said ‘oooh, you’re in troubllllle’.
“Zeren, no.” She said quietly, snickering.

The kunoichi took her hand down, nodding to Keito-sensei as he spoke to them. She hesitantly took one of the earthworms, but gave it a quiet “Hello,” as she did.
She overheard the exchange between Hisato and the worm he had picked up. “Your’s has sass.” She chuckled before Hisato ran up to the front. Yoshi stayed where she was, already being in the back.

“Do you have a name?” The worm that sat in her hand asked.
“It’s common courtesy to give someone your name before you ask for theirs.” She said to the worm.
“Oh, sorry about that.”
“I’m just kidding.” She chuckled. “I’m Momo Yoshi.”
“Nice to meet you. My name is Mimizu.”
“Ooh, I like that name. What’s it mean?”
“Earthworm.”
And if this were The Office, Yoshi would have looked at the camera.

=Nightshade=

Shin ran a hand through her hair to hide her exasperation. Figures that the leader of the caravan had to be a jerk and a half. She wanted to punch him, but held herself back. At Keito-sensei’s defense, she brought herself up straighter, warming with pride and the knowledge that he was right; just because she could kill them all didn’t mean she had to. Grossing the guy out wasn’t out of the question, though, was it?

As Shin was contemplating how many kikai she should send out to circle around the caravan leader to scare him out of his skin, Keito-Sensei began talking again, and she resigned herself to the fact that she probably shouldn’t. She took the worm Keito-Sensei held out with gentle hands. “Hey, there, little guy,” she said curiously as she blinked down at it.

“It’s Ubonichi, not ‘little guy’,” the worm said irritably, speaking without a visible mouth. “What am I, a new puppy? Far from it! I am the lowliest and yet the most exalted of life forms! I eat both the dirt and the bodies of all living organisms! I am the highest predator and yet the lowest prey! I am—“

“A worm with an ego the size of Konoha?” Shin interjected. “And a strange obsession with irony…”

“Yes, exactly!” Ubonichi cried. “I mean, no. Maybe!”

Shin blinked at the worm writhing on her palm. She couldn’t tell whether it was having a seizure or just passionate about its superiority complex. Then she started to giggle. She transferred the worm to her right hand so she could cover her mouth with the other, but she couldn’t stop laughing.

“What are you laughing at, lowly human?!”

That only made Shin laugh harder, and she took a few moments to pull herself together. “I like you, Ubo! Honestly, if I had gotten a boring worm I’d be… bored. You’re….ah… not boring, to put it mildly.”

“Ubo?! It’s Ubonichi because I am number one! No nicknames!” The worm writhed more frantically in the girl’s palm. “Ubonichi!

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Shin said with a grin. “And it’s Shin, not ‘lowly human’.” She put the worm between the collar part of her kimono and her neck, so it wouldn’t fall off unless she were to purposely fling it somewhere. “Alright fine! Ubonichi! Just stop moving, I can’t concentrate!” The worm stilled in silence, and Shin let out another small laugh as she made her way to her position. “Pft. This is ridiculous. I love it.”

Like most twelve year olds, Sachi simply stood there with a confused look on his face as Mr. Top Hat began belittling the group.
Did he really not know what Genin were? Sure, the squad was inexperienced, but they were also capable of doing things normal people couldn’t dream of achieving.

“We’ll see how you feel once the caravans arrived...”

Rather than speak out in protest, or voice any objection- the Mud Genin simply took the verbal blows while maintaining a stone-cold stare.
If this man wanted to test his grit, so be it. Sachi would show Top Hat just how serious a ‘group of kids’ could be.

After Keito-Sensei had dealt with the rude client, he immediately began laying down the ground plan. Upon assigning Sachi his position, he held out a handful of...earthworms. Of course it was more earthworms.

“Alright then...”

Sachi hesitantly took one of the earthworms. He moved cautiously, as he could only assume it would be pretty rude to crush one of Keito-Sensei’s...friends.

“Alright...how’re we doing this..”

The Mud-Nin mumbled to himself whilst glancing around on his person to find a good place for the worm to sit.

“If ya thinkin’ about puttin’ me in ya pocket, ya got anotha’ thing comin’ dirtbag.”

Sachi did a small double-take as the unmoving worm in his palm spoke up. After taking a moment to let the shock sink in, the young man had no real other choice than to move forward with the conversation.

“Well...where do you wanna sit? I can’t just hold you, or you could get crushed when I’m jumping around.”

“Aye! Aye! What gives ya’ the right to be talkin’ so big, huh?!” The worm interrupted. “For all ya know, I could be the biggest, baddest worm outta all the boys back home!”

“Well...” Sachi began with a somewhat devilish grin, “...would you prefer it if I tucked you into my sock, tough guy?”

Sachi and the worm stared at one another for several seconds, with the worm trying its best to mimic Sachi’s expression, despite not having a face.

“Jus....put me in ya freakin’ hair. The names Ubonikari by the way. Thanks for askin’- dirtbag.”

The Mud-Nin shrugged, before allowing Ubonikari to nestle into his wild, dirt-coated hair. Probably the perfect place for a worm.

“Yeah, well I’m Sachi. Stay out of my ear.”

Sorano looked at Kitomo, bowing her head as she recognized his superiority in rank. She was stuck with this man for a while, so she had to explain her condition to him. "Permission to communicate using standard Chunin code, sir. I would like to save my voice until it is necessary, as I suffer from a medical condition. You have first hand heard what my voice sounds like because of it." The Chunin signed, hoping for her request to be granted.

Makoto rolled his eyes at Mr. Utogi's incessant complaining. Just because the group were a little younger than your average ninja didn't mean they were any less qualified, they'd been sent on this mission for a reason after all.

"We'll see how he feels about us 'infants' when we end up saving his life." he thought to himself, begrudgingly.

As the caravan got going, Makoto headed toward the back of the caravan to receive the groups orders from Keito. Already not being a big fan of worms, Makoto rolled one of the sleeves on his kimono over his hand so it wouldn't get all slimy, and reluctantly took one of the worms from Keito, before heading off to his assigned position.

He quickly went to shove the worm into his pocket when a voice stopped him.

"Oi, oi! No way, ye are NOT puttin' me in yer pocket!" It yelled, in a rather thick accent.

Makoto moved his hand back up to see that it was, in fact, the worm that was talking to him.

"Oh! Good! It seems yer willin' to listen to me. Well then, if ye wouldn't mind, could ye put me on that there collar lookin' thingy on yer neck?" The worm asked rather politely, much to Makoto's surprise.

"You're damn lucky I'm wearing a mask, or else I wouldn't even have to think twice about shoving you in my pocket." He replied as he hesitantly placed the worm just above where the Konoha symbol was on his forehead protector.

"Hey, hey! No need to be so aggressive there, I'm just 'ere to help out at the request of the Great Worm Sage!" The worm said enthusiastically, "Anyhow, the name's Ubontochi. Now could ye tell me yer name if ye wouldn't mind?"

"Makoto. My name's Makoto." He answered quickly, trying to keep conversation to a minimum.

"Well Makoto, I hope ye don't mind if I recite a few stories from me youth? Helps me to take me mind off the fact that I'm on a dangerous mission." Makoto strained his eyes in rejection. He really didn't want to listen to this worm talk about itself all day, though he couldn't really do anything about it as the worm had already started. It seemed he was in for a looooong day.

Taking Witness Testimony, Part 1:

Having decided to split the group into two smaller teams, Byukia and her two genin settled on the witnesses Yeita - a server from The Fire Bar - and Fuhi - a regular patron who seemed to be in the wrong place and wrong time - finding the approximate residential addresses for both in the case file they'd been given earlier.

Yuhi lived in an apartment complex, supposedly on the very top floor; one of the few places to survive, untouched, in the Kyuubi attack, the apartment building now stood as one of Konoha's oldest, tallest buildings. Byukia and her genin didn't have all their work cut out for them, however; the file didn't say where Yuhi lived -- just that he was supposed to be on the top floor. They'd have to figure out the rest.

Taking Witness Testimony, Part 2:

Returning the appropriate sign for "yes, feel free" to the mute shinobi, Ugokasenai Kitomo pointed out the New Leaf Hotel; after Nine-Tails, which demolished many homes and businesses alike, the New Leaf Hotel(s) became some of the first rebuilt structures in Konoha. People who lost their homes were granted free, temporary housing across Konoha. Kitomo only knew that both men they intended to re-interview - Andu and Hu - each claimed a room in a hotel. Which one, however, was for them to find out.

"There are four hotels currently operating in Konoha," Kitomo explained, pointing out the appropriate info in the case file he'd meticulously put together, "Let's assume the two me are in the one closest to The Fire Bar; if not, we'll work our way through them in order of proximity to the bar until we find the right people. From what I can tell, both men have a room in the same hotel, though that might not be entirely accurate. Let's go."

Utogi Caravan, The Land of Fire

Now well acquainted with their - eh - odd devices of communication, the genin, their sensei and the worms flanked the wagon-train and kept pace. They were spread out fairly far apart, though not so far that they couldn't communicate with each other.

Early morning's hours passed by quite peacefully. Sunlight seemed to bless the caravan, passing through the trees in impressive beams, shining on the shinobi and the civilians they protected.

Although Keito-sensei had warned the team to not take the mission too lightly, the first leg of the trip passed by as boring as one could hope; Soon, Konoha's walls disappeared, and all they could see were the dense forest around them, and the narrow path ahead. As they moved, so did the sun, until it no longer shone through the trees but instead towered directly overhead like a watchful eye. They'd stop for lunch soon.

(@ThAtGuY101 @DarkHydraT @Shikowara @Gamingfan -- alright, detectives; you're on the case. i'd take a little time to maybe go over some details, get on the same page, have a gameplan, etc.)

(@Nilion @=Nightshade= @Pinch + @ThAtGuY101 @Shikowara @Gamingfan -- feel free to post your little hearts away the next couple days if you want your characters to interact some; otherwise we'll keep 'er movin' along)