• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Missingno Squad: Search for the Glitch Pokémon

“I, huh, forgot Raichu fainted”, Saru said, embarassed, while returning Raichu to the Pokéball. Then, the researcher sent out his Flying Pokémon, Pidgeot. “Aerial Ace, fast!”, he exclaimed.

Oz knew he had to make a new change. So this time, he switched Salamence for Pikachu. "Pikachu, use Electroweb!" Said Oz as Pikachu used to Electroweb to pin down Pidgeot. And it worked. "Remember, don't think twice." Said Oz.

Pidgeot released itself out of the web. It was a bit electrocuted and slowed down, but nothing really bad happened. “Pidgeot Pidgeeee!” (Don’t underestimate me!), Pidgeot shouted at the Pikachu. “Let’s do this! Use Return!”, Saru ordered, and the bird charged at the electric mouse to tackle it. “Return is a move that is as strong as the bond you have with your Pokémon. I have a true connection to all my Pokémon... They are not slaves, and I’m not a cruel beast who likes to exploit them! We work and fight together as equals... We are a real team!”, Saru said.

"Heh. Looks like the battle's getting really intense." Ken said to Oliver and Silvia with a grin. "Return is a special move that increases in strength when the bond between the Pokemon and owner is stronger." This was a truly interesting battle. He could sense that Pidgeot's trust in his owner was extraordinarily strong. "Both Pidgeot and his owner are giving their best shot for this battle." He told Oliver and Silvia.

Ken longed to join in the battle, but he knew better than to interrupt so he stayed where he was. "You can do it... Saru..." Ken muttered quietly so that no one heard him speak. "You can win this battle..."

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
"Ok I've had enough this is so epic' Oliver said with excitement "Wanna have our own battle, we can't sit here all day and watch can we" Oliver said with a grin. "What do you say" said Oliver.

Pikachu always knew how to make a closing curtain as he used Electroweb again and then finishing it with a Quick Attack. "You may be right, but do you really have what it takes to defeat a Pokemon so horrifyingly mysterious just like Missingno.?" Said Oz.

“Ha... You really got tricked by my illusion? Your Electroweb failed, and my Pidgeot just pretended it was slowed down! And... Quick Attack failed!” Saru exclaimed. Pidgeot charged at Pikachu with all it’s forces.

"That's what the magician's code says too." Said Oz as he remembered that his Pikachu was a decoy and was hit by Pidgeot's powerful force. The real Pikachu of Oz's was on top of Pidgeot. Then Oz realized that someone also challenged the two of them. It was Oliver. "You'll wait your turn, once the battle is over." Said Oz towards Oliver.

Pidgeot shaked itself to make Pikachu fall in the ground. But, Pidgeot was so weakened, so injured, so exhausted, that it fainted, falling also in the floor.

T

TellMeWhyIsNothinBut

Name: Flasher

Pokemon Team:

Blaziken
Level 25
Male
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Fire Spin
Counter
Focus Blast
Blaze Kick

Typhlosion

Level 44
Male
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Ember
Shadow Claw
Solar Beam
Overheat
Blast Burn

Lucario
Male
Level 45
Nature: Unknown
Ability: Aura Sphere
Flash cannon
Power Up Punch
Close Combat

"See, magic is but an ally." Said Oz. "Know thy enemy." Then Oz's Pikachu hopped off of Pidgeot and returned back to Oz. "Now, let's see what other Pokemon you have in your stock." Said Oz.

T

TellMeWhyIsNothinBut

Flasher Just came from the Pokémon center after seeing Oliver and Oz ahead. He Dashed down the street He wanted to find someone to battle and Flasher heard about Missingno but he didn’t know what it was. Blaziken Looked really grumpy when he saw Oz It looked like he was going to attack Oz BLAZIKEN what got into you Flasher said. I watch Oliver and Oz starting to battle I didn’t want them to see me I was hiding behind the bushes waiting for them to start the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
"So, you like illusion tricks? Okay, I´ll show you one... Pidgeot, come back! Scyther, go and use Double Team!", Saru exclaimed, while switching his Pokémon. After Scyther was sent to the fight, it immediately used the move Double Team, a technique that generated a crowd of incorporeal Scyther clones around it.

Oz then chuckled. "That's a smart move to hide your Pokemon, oldest magic trick by the book. Pikachu, circle around the field with Quick Attack!" Oz's Pikachu then began to dash around while ramming into a number of Scyther while using Quick Attack. "Have you ever read the book of magicians? I'm afraid not." Said Oz towards Saru.

When all the clones disappeared, Scyther was not in the crowd. “I may not be a magician, but I can do basic tricks...”, Saru said. Scyther appeared behind the electric mouse and used Cut, slashing it with it’s claws.

Pikachu soon fell for Scyther's trap and was knocked out. "Magician or not, you may have a chance to beat me." Said Oz. "Now then, since Espeon and Pikachu are down along with your Raichu and Pidgeot, your Scyther and my third Pokemon will be third in line. Go, Salamence!" Oz then switched Pikachu for Salamence and used Flamethrower on Scyther.

"Well, I have only four Pokemon." Ken paused, then smiled back challengingly at Oliver. "But I never back down from a battle! Bring it on!" Ken said and sent out Houndour. "Do your best Houndour." Ken said encouragingly to his Pokemon, then faced Oliver.

Saru and Scyther were already expecting that Oz would send Salamence to use Flamethrower. So, this time, the Bug Pokémon successfully evaded the fire attack. It got hurt by the burn on it’s wing, but ignored that and jumped in the dragon’s direction to use Cut in it’s face.

Salamence knew Scyther would be agile, but he has no use for scars of the likes as he ignors the attack. Salamance knew Scyther was very close so bit on Scyther's leg and awaited Oz's order. "Salamence, use Flamethrower." Said Oz and Salamence used Flamethrower in front of Scyther.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
"That's the spirit, go Greninja, do your best, use Water Shuriken," Oliver said in excitement. Greninja ran towards the Houndour, then Greninja jumped up into the threw a compressed water shuriken at the Houndour.

That was the limit to the Bug Pokémon, who couldn’t escape and immediately fainted. Saru withdrew Scyther back and sent Gyarados again. “Gyarados, Blizzard!”, the researcher said.

Salamence reacted quickly and used Flamethrower again to cancel to the attack Gyarados used. "Ahh, fire and ice, classic combinations of the natural elements." Said Oz. "But I say nothing more, shall you try to knock out my Pokemon with unrivaled rage."

“Gyarados, Blizzard again!”, Saru shouted. Once again, the Water Pokémon unleashed a blizzard, stronger than the previous.

Last edited:
Salamence then dodged the attack and began to hit Gyarados very hard with Flamethrower. "Don't bet on your skills for a spare dime, my boy." Said Oz. "Besides, this is all for what a true magician would strive for."

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Oliver heard something, he sent out Corviknight from his ball. "Do you hear that, go after that sound, ok?" Oliver said quietly to his Corviknight. Corviknight flew off look for the source of the noise.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Corviknight squawked loudly and dived only missing by an inch splitting the rock in half, but Corviknight was still in pursuit repeatedly diving and squawking loudly.

Oz was then interrupted by the sound of Corviknight squawking very loudly. "Salamence, that's enough!" Salamence then paused at mid-stop and looked at Oz with a questioned look. "Saru, my boy, can you sense something evil?" Said Oz. "Someone from an evil organisation."

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
"Yeah," said Oliver turning to Oz and Saru, "I heard something and sent Corviknight to check it out, I think he found it." Meanwhile, Corviknight kept on making noise signaling them to get over here.

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go!”, Saru said to everyone, and started running in the direction of the sound, with Gyarados following him.

Oz followed Saru, Oliver, and the rest of the squad to find Corviknight making a loud noise. And found the Corviknight swoop diving on the Team Rocket member. "Oliver, call off your Pokemon." Said Oz. "A magician fights with magic." Oz then threw a magic smokescreen canister bomb at the grunt releasing a purple smoke all over the grunt.

"Tsk, tsk. You naughty grunts should "Bewear" of your surroundings." Said Oz ending it with a pun. "Now if you have any sense of importance, I suggest you tell us what you want from us." Oz then pulled out taser from his magic sleeves.

Salamence only sensed a lie and roared right in front of the grunts. "Each time you lie, my Pokemon Salamence will one step in sending you all flying with magic." Said Oz. Salamence then looked back at Oz and nod his head at Oz in agreement. "Now, let's try again. Shall we?" Said Oz. "What. Do. You. Want. With. Us?" Salamence then snarled at the grunts waiting for an answer.

"Really, because if a seer have foreseen everything it would be that you all are looking for Missingno.. Is that what you all are looking for?" Said Oz. Salamence then snarled again only for the grunts to spit out the answer. "Better hurry." Said Oz. "Salamence doesn't do well when you take your time."

"Well, it seems we're looking for the same thing." Said Oz. "We may not trust you, but perhaps like what Saru said, we sould form a team." Salamence then opened his jaw and prepared to use Flamethrower at the grunts. "Simple yes would be precise." Said Oz.

Ken sighed, and returned Houndour to his Pokeball and walked over. "I'd also like to join the team to search for Missingno." Ken said to the group. "I'm also looking for Missingno, although my task is different, I'm sure I can help you guys."
He looked at the group and nodded curtly. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Kenneth. Call me Ken."

"For starters, let's try to check a thorough bio on what Missingno. really is." Said Oz. "For all we know, Missingno. is dangerous, but we must be prepared for the worst." Salamence nodded as he agreed to what Oz said. Oz then pulled out a portable briefcase computer and began to search for Missingno.. Eventually, he found it. "That's the one alright." Said Oz. "It says that MissingNo. is one of the most dangerous monster ever found in rare times. Some say that it's a myth, others say it's real after leaving pre-recorded messages before their disappearance. Feels like all of the other trainers are on their own now. That's all to what the bio says."

"From what I know, Missingno is not from the myths or a monster, but something created during this modern era." He closed his eyes and thought hard to recall what he remembered. His head ached, but he finally remembered. "I heard it was originally created by scientist for medical use, but someone else modified it to be dangerous. You are right about it being dangerous, as it's said to be even stronger than all the Legendary Pokemons."
He took out a flat red object, shaped like a rotom and opened it. "I'm not sure which professor gave me this, but I'm sure it's called a Pokedex... It says The Pokemon Missingno itself is like a glitch in the universe, and it's abilities are unknown. It's stats are also unknown."
He put the pokedex back into his pockets. "If Missingno is the one who removed my memories, I don't think defeating it will be easy..." Ken narrowed his eyes. "However, it is possible to defeat Missingno if we can find something stronger or something to counter his abilities. Is there any clue to where he could be next in the bio?"

"Only one way to find out soon." Said Oz towards Ken. "For now, let's head to the nearest Pokemon Center so we can heal our Pokemon." Oz then packed up his briefcase computer and went off with Salamence leading the group to the Pokemon Center.

"Sounds good to me." Ken agreed, and followed the team. The bird type pokemons were chirping and whistling in the trees, and the scenery looked beautiful, but he stopped walking as he suddenly recalled something. He waited until he was distanced from the group, and whistled twice. A moment later, an Absol bounded out a bush and stopped near Ken, and growled friendly. "Graawoor?" ("What took you so long? And who are these people?")
"I wouldn't have remembered if I hadn't heard the birds whistling." Ken grinned. "Sorry for the delay." He returned Absol to his pokeball and hurried to join the others unnoticed.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
"Fine," said Oliver gruffly "But you guys better not try anything funny, because remember the rock Corviknight split in half, that will be you guys, Got That," Oliver said as Corviknight perched on his shoulder.