• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Roleplay Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/mortal-kombat-multiverse.25188/

Nine tournaments have been fought. Nine tournaments have been won by the champions of Outworld. If Outworld wins one more tournament, they will be allowed to invade and conquer Earthrealm, and nobody will be able to stop them. The tenth tournament approaches, but a mysterious being from outside of this world has infiltrated to alter the events and change history forever.

Guided by this mysterious figure, Shang Tsung, the Sorcerer hosting the tenth Mortal Kombat tournament, has begun to recruit beings from far away lands, far outside of this universe. Knights and Wizards, Soldiers and Mercenaries, Killers and Psychopaths. Shang Tsung offers them promises of grandeur, their deepest desires to be granted.
Warned of Shang Tsung's efforts, Raiden, the God of Thunder, has been granted permission by the Elder Gods to seek out champions from these far away worlds just as Shang Tsung is. More is at stake here than Outworld invading Earthrealm now. If Shang Tsung succeeds, his plans will lead to the destruction of the multiverse. The end of every universe, everywhere.

------

Welcome to Mortal Kombat: Multiverse. All bets are off as universes collide for a grand tournament staged by the evil sorcerer known as Shang Tsung. Video games, anime, movies, even books are on the table. Shang Tsung and Raiden are recruiting any fictional characters they can to fight.
The fate of the multiverse is now at stake. Help defend it, or aid in its domination. The choice is yours.

Shang Tsung's Kombatants
1 ) Bowser @Psymallard
2 ) Dracula @killerwolf9980
3 ) Deathwalker 9000 @Captain Cardboard
4 ) Void Stiles @Shadow_Pup
5 ) Herobrine @Shadow_Pup
6 ) K. Rool @Inkachu1251
7 ) King Dedede @Inkachu1251
8 ) The Mandalorian @comic
Raiden's Kombatants
1 ) Ant-Man (Scott Lang) @Psymallard
2 ) Black Noir @Psymallard
3 ) Anivia @killerwolf9980
4 ) Hex @killerwolf9980
5 ) Sgt. Drake Alexander @Captain Cardboard
6 ) Ajani Goldmane @Shadow_Pup
7 ) Paper Mario @Inkachu1251
8 ) Wolverine @comic
1) Standard Pokécharms rules apply, as always.
2) In order to maintain a balance, OP characters will receive nerfs, and weak characters will receive buffs. All kontestants will have a fighting chance in the ring.
3) Roleplayers are limited to a maximum of three kombatants. No more, but one or two is fine too.
4) Every match is a fight to the death. Your character loses, and they're killed, even if their opponent spares them.
5) I'm expecting established fictional characters. If you want to make an OC, you're free to do so, but it's not as preferred.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Nine tournaments have been fought. Nine tournaments have been won by the champions of Outworld. If Outworld wins one more tournament, they will be allowed to invade and conquer Earthrealm, and nobody will be able to stop them. The tenth tournament approaches, but a mysterious being from outside of ithis world has infiltrated to alter the events and change history forever.

Guided by this mysterious figure, Shang Tsung, the Sorcerer hosting the tenth Mortal Kombat tournament, has begun to recruit beings from far away lands, far outside of this universe. Knights and Wizards, Soldiers and Mercenaries, Killers and Psychopaths. Shang Tsung offers them promises of grandeur, their deepest desires to be granted.
Warned of Shang Tsung's efforts, Raiden, the God of Thunder, has been granted permission by the Elder Gods to seek out champions from these far away worlds just as Shang Tsung is. More is at stake here than Outworld invading Earthrealm now. If Shang Tsung succeeds, his plans will lead to the destruction of the multiverse. The end of every universe, everywhere.

------

Welcome to Mortal Kombat: Multiverse. All bets are off as universes collide for a grand tournament staged by the evil sorcerer known as Shang Tsung. Video games, anime, movies, even books are on the table. Shang Tsung and Raiden are recruited any fictional characters they can to fight.
The fate of the multiverse is now at stake. Help defend it, or aid in its domination. The choice is yours.

Shang Tsung's Kombatants
-Pending
Raiden's Kombatants
-Pending
1) Standard Pokecharms rules apply, as always.
2) In order to maintain a balance, OP characters will receive nerfs, and weak characters will receive buffs. All kontestants will have a fighting chance in the ring.
3) Roleplayers are limited to a maximum of three kombatants. No more, no less.
4) Every match is a fight to the death. Your character loses, and they're killed, even if their opponent spares them.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1. We just posting our own character sheets? I’d understand why, as different characters have different abilities and rules and whatnot- just checking.

2. You said a maximum of 3 characters. You then said, “no more, no less”. Soooo- does that mean we can have up to 3 characters maximum, but we don’t have to, or we must have 3 characters upon entering?

Last edited:

comic

1. We just posting our own character sheets? I’d understand why, as different characters have different abilities and rules and whatnot- just checking.

2. You said a maximum of 3 characters. You then said, “no more, no less”. Soooo- does that means we can have up to 3 characters maximum, but we don’t have to, or we must have 3 characters upon entering?
1. Sheets aren't totally necessary, since I'm expecting mostly established characters. Not really looking for OCs in this. I should probably have made that clearer before.

2. Okay, look, sometimes I don't think too clearly about some phrases I use. So yeah, three max, but you don't need to have three, one or two is fine.
Actually gonna edit that lol

1. Sheets aren't totally necessary, since I'm expecting mostly established characters. Not really looking for OCs in this. I should probably have made that clearer before.

2. Okay, look, sometimes I don't think too clearly about some phrases I use. So yeah, three max, but you don't need to have three, one or two is fine.
Actually gonna edit that lol

I was aware it wasn’t an oc-based rp.
I just figured, ya know- some characters may be enterted at certain points in their timelines, some will receive new buffs or nerfs, etc.

They’re not ocs, but they’re also not all gonna be who they were upon entering.

Good to clarify, though.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
One to the two to the two to the one, this is an RP that looks like fun.
My dudes:

(MCU) Scott 'Antman' Lang for Raiden's Kombatants

(Super Mario Games) King Bowser Koopa for Shang Tsung's Kombatants (Base modern version)

(The Boys (Amazon Prime series)) Black Noir for Raiden's Kombatants

comic

One to the two to the two to the one, this is an RP that looks like fun.
My dudes:

(MCU) Scott 'Antman' Lang for Raiden's Kombatants

(Super Mario Games) King Bowser Koopa for Shang Tsung's Kombatants (Base modern version)

(The Boys (Amazon Prime series)) Black Noir for Raiden's Kombatants
Black Noir huh? Unexpected, but not unwelcome. Solid cast, Mal. I like 'em.

To make Hex and Anivia fair, as they have op healing abilities, here are some nerfs
Hex: maximum three health potions per fight, three second drinking time
Anivia: maximum one rebirth per fight, five second revival time (she still gets her invulnerability during this time)
Also, how many people are you waiting on to start?

comic

To make Hex and Anivia fair, as they have op healing abilities, here are some nerfs
Hex: maximum three health potions per fight, three second drinking time
Anivia: maximum one rebirth per fight, five second revival time (she still gets her invulnerability during this time)
Also, how many people are you waiting on to start?
Figured I'd wait about a week and see the cast then. Multiple people would be pretty welcome.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Some extra info 'bout what these characters' limitations and stuff:

Antman can only go giant for ults(unless we aren't doing those) and fatalities. He still gets everything else he has part of his kit in the movies.

Like Antman, giant form(s) for Bowser are only for the ults and fatalities if they're used at all. Also, Bowser is gonna be a little over 8 feet tall in this one. He won't have any items or gadgets, but will be able to use his magic.

Black Noir's just perfect the way he is for Mortal Kombat.

Alright, here's my two characters. Since they're pretty obscure, I typed up character sheets for both of them. Since they're from a board game, they don't exactly have a lot of info about them so I've taken a few small creative liberties.
Raiden's Team: Sgt. Drake Alexander
Shang Tsung's Team: Deathwalker 9000

Name: Sgt. Drake Alexander
Team: Raiden
Universe: Heroscape https://heroscape.fandom.com/wiki/Sgt._Drake_Alexander (Sgt. Drake Alexander)
Race: Human
Description: Sgt. Drake wears the military fatigues of a WWII U.S. GI. He stands at about 6 ft 2 in. His right arm has a metal exoskeleton over it, making that arm more powerful and doubling as a shield. Drake has a pistol holstered on his belt, and a katana sheathed on his back. Drake also has blond hair and brown eyes.
Brief History: Serving in both the European and Pacific Theatres of WWII, Sgt. Drake Alexander was pulled through time and space just before his death by a man named Jandar. Jandar summoned Drake to his planet to help combat against an evil tyrant known as Utgar, who was attempting to conquer not only his world but every world. Using magical items bestowed onto him by Jandar, as well as his military strategy and combat skills, Sgt. Drake Alexander became a powerful leader in Jandar's army. And now he finds himself being pulled through space and time once again to fight a terrible tyrant and try to save the world.
Abilities/Items:
  • Katana of Thorian: This magical blade is not only extremely sharp, it also grants its user heightened speed and can obscure the user in a magical mist that protects them from more standard ranged attacks, but cannot defend against more unusual ranged attacks such as area-of-effect attacks and special attacks.
  • Modified Grapple Arm of Bleakwoode: Originally the Grapple Gun of Bleakwood, this weapon has been modified by Drake's friend Zetacron to attach to Drake's left arm. It can be used to pull Drake incredible distances, allowing to move through terrain rather quickly. Drake also uses it to pull enemies close.
  • Pistol: A standard WWII era pistol that has been enchanted with infinite ammunition. However, Drake's conscience does not allow him to use it on any he considers to have a good heart.
Name: Deathwalker 9000
Team: Shang Tsung
Universe: Heroscape https://heroscape.fandom.com/wiki/Deathwalker_9000 (Deathwalker 9000)
Race: Soulborg
Description: The Deathwalker 9000 is a massive robot, standing around 7-8 feet tall. Its right arm is a missile launcher and its left arm is a heavy machine gun. Its paint job is black, with red and silver highlights. On its right pauldron is the symbol of Utgar, which appears to be a cloaked bird of prey. On its left pauldron is the number 9000.
Brief History: The Deathwalker 9000 is a soulborg, a race of creatures that discovered how to extract their soul from their mortal body and insert them into robotic ones. In doing this, a faction of Soulborgs called the Zettians decided to delete their emotions in this process to become what they believed were 'the superior beings'. Not all Soulborgs were on board with this, so the Zettians created the Deathwalkers, with Deathwalker 9000 being considered the masterpiece of their engineering and warfare.

Before attracting the attention of Shang Tsung, the Deathwalker 9000 first attracted the attention of a tyrant named Utgar, who pulled the Deathwalker 9000 (and other Zettians) through time and space to fight for him, in the hopes of using them to take over his own universe. Looks like something similar is happening here.
Abilities/Items:
  • Deathwalker 9000 Armor: The Deathwalker 9000's armor is of legendary toughness. Practically impenetrable, however, its legendary armor hides a very deadly weakness. For the Deathwalker 9000's interior is highly pressurized, so even the smallest fracture or strike to a hidden vulnerable point under its armor would be enough enough to cause the Deathwalker 9000 to detonate practically instantly.
  • Heavy Machine Gun: The Deathwalker 9000's left arm is a massive heavy machine gun.
  • Explosive Missiles: The Deathwalker 9000's right arm is a massive missile launcher, which creates massive explosions. As powerful as they are, the Deathwalker 9000's armor is tough enough that it is not effected by his own explosions.
  • Range Enhancement Programming: While it may not be helpful in his own combat, the Deathwalker 9000 is capable of programming other Soulborgs or robots to enhance their targeting protocols.

comic

Alright, here's my two characters. Since they're pretty obscure, I typed up character sheets for both of them. Since they're from a board game, they don't exactly have a lot of info about them so I've taken a few small creative liberties.
Raiden's Team: Sgt. Drake Alexander
Shang Tsung's Team: Deathwalker 9000

Name: Sgt. Drake Alexander
Team: Raiden
Universe: Heroscape https://heroscape.fandom.com/wiki/Sgt._Drake_Alexander (Sgt. Drake Alexander)
Race: Human
Description: Sgt. Drake wears the military fatigues of a WWII U.S. GI. He stands at about 6 ft 2 in. His right arm has a metal exoskeleton over it, making that arm more powerful and doubling as a shield. Drake has a pistol holstered on his belt, and a katana sheathed on his back. Drake also has blond hair and brown eyes.
Brief History: Serving in both the European and Pacific Theatres of WWII, Sgt. Drake Alexander was pulled through time and space just before his death by a man named Jandar. Jandar summoned Drake to his planet to help combat against an evil tyrant known as Utgar, who was attempting to conquer not only his world but every world. Using magical items bestowed onto him by Jandar, as well as his military strategy and combat skills, Sgt. Drake Alexander became a powerful leader in Jandar's army. And now he finds himself being pulled through space and time once again to fight a terrible tyrant and try to save the world.
Abilities/Items:
  • Katana of Thorian: This magical blade is not only extremely sharp, it also grants its user heightened speed and can obscure the user in a magical mist that protects them from more standard ranged attacks, but cannot defend against more unusual ranged attacks such as area-of-effect attacks and special attacks.
  • Modified Grapple Arm of Bleakwoode: Originally the Grapple Gun of Bleakwood, this weapon has been modified by Drake's friend Zetacron to attach to Drake's left arm. It can be used to pull Drake incredible distances, allowing to move through terrain rather quickly. Drake also uses it to pull enemies close.
  • Pistol: A standard WWII era pistol that has been enchanted with infinite ammunition. However, Drake's conscience does not allow him to use it on any he considers to have a good heart.
Name: Deathwalker 9000
Team: Shang Tsung
Universe: Heroscape https://heroscape.fandom.com/wiki/Deathwalker_9000 (Deathwalker 9000)
Race: Soulborg
Description: The Deathwalker 9000 is a massive robot, standing around 7-8 feet tall. Its right arm is a missile launcher and its left arm is a heavy machine gun. Its paint job is black, with red and silver highlights. On its right pauldron is the symbol of Utgar, which appears to be a cloaked bird of prey. On its left pauldron is the number 9000.
Brief History: The Deathwalker 9000 is a soulborg, a race of creatures that discovered how to extract their soul from their mortal body and insert them into robotic ones. In doing this, a faction of Soulborgs called the Zettians decided to delete their emotions in this process to become what they believed were 'the superior beings'. Not all Soulborgs were on board with this, so the Zettians created the Deathwalkers, with Deathwalker 9000 being considered the masterpiece of their engineering and warfare.

Before attracting the attention of Shang Tsung, the Deathwalker 9000 first attracted the attention of a tyrant named Utgar, who pulled the Deathwalker 9000 (and other Zettians) through time and space to fight for him, in the hopes of using them to take over his own universe. Looks like something similar is happening here.
Abilities/Items:
  • Deathwalker 9000 Armor: The Deathwalker 9000's armor is of legendary toughness. Practically impenetrable, however, its legendary armor hides a very deadly weakness. For the Deathwalker 9000's interior is highly pressurized, so even the smallest fracture or strike to a hidden vulnerable point under its armor would be enough enough to cause the Deathwalker 9000 to detonate practically instantly.
  • Heavy Machine Gun: The Deathwalker 9000's left arm is a massive heavy machine gun.
  • Explosive Missiles: The Deathwalker 9000's right arm is a massive missile launcher, which creates massive explosions. As powerful as they are, the Deathwalker 9000's armor is tough enough that it is not effected by his own explosions.
  • Range Enhancement Programming: While it may not be helpful in his own combat, the Deathwalker 9000 is capable of programming other Soulborgs or robots to enhance their targeting protocols.
When you said 'obscure' I didn't imagine this obscure, but I really like 'em. They're cool.

Make sure to tell your friends about this y'all, we could use a few more kast members.
Think I'm looking for around 16-32 kontestants.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
(Teen Wolf) Void Stiles for Shang Tsung's Kombatants

(Magic The Gathering) Ajani Goldmane for Raiden's Kombatants

(Minecraft) Herobrine for Shang Tsung's Kombatants

For balance purposes Void Stiles and Herobrine aren't immortal but other than that I think they should be fine.

comic

In that event, I'll use a fighter for both sides (since Raiden and Shang Tsung aren't kontestants) in order to even out at 16 kombatants, and we'll remain open to allow more people to join if they want.

so my characters will be;
The Mandalorian (Shang Tsung)
Wolverine (Raiden)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Theses were the powers I was gonna utilise from each tell me if I need to remove any for balancing purposes.
Void Stiles
- Super Strength
- Super Speed, Agility, and Reflexes
- Accelerated Healing
- Electricity Immunity
- Pain Absorption
- Illusion Casting
- Over a thousand years on knowledge.

Herobrine
- 360° vision
- Harming Potions and Poison Potions
- Flight
- Teleportation
- Telekenesis
- Potion of Invisibility
- Powerful Physical Attributes
- Pyrokinetic Abilities
- Telepathic

Ajani Goldmane
- Healing Magic
- Body Strengthening Magic
- Superior Strength
- Cat like reflexes
- Skilled with bladed staff

comic

nah those are fine, just toned down a bit for balancing.
we have our current list of match-ups.
we'll start with just these 16, but leave this open for others to join so that hopefully, we get more for a tier 2 without having to dwindle down our cast completely down to 8.

Brackett One
1 ) Void Stiles vs Black Noir (Pup & Mallard)
2 ) K. Rool vs Wolverine (Ink & Comic)
3 ) Deathwalker vs Anivia (Cardboard & Wolf)
4 ) Herobrine vs Hex (Pup & Wolf)
5 ) Bowser vs Ajani Goldmane (Mallard & Pup)
6 ) Mandalorian vs Sgt. Drake (Comic & Cardboard)
7 ) Dracula vs Paper Mario (Wolf & Ink)
8 ) Dedede vs Ant-Man (Ink & Mallard)

i'll be making the first post soon. would you all rather get straight to the battles, or would you prefer to have some set-up and introductions?

@Shadow_Pup @Psymallard @Inkachu1251 @killerwolf9980 @Captain Cardboard

comic

You did the minecraft ones together on purpose didn't you
Yes. And no. I was just putting random characters together and Hex vs Herobrine was a happy accident.
I'd rather some set-up, rushing it might not make it as interesting.
I was thinking along the same lines, I just have experience with roleplays dying fast when people want to get to the action and skip the set-up. If we do set-up, I'll be able to properly introduce Shang Tsung's island, which will be the main setting of the rp. At least for now.

Comic, you do realize hex is a girl, right?
And I just wanted to point out that Herobrine is an undead, so magic that is stronger against undead works on him.

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Usually it wouldnt do to the whole immortal omnipotent stuff but he isnt either of those currently for balancing reasons
When has Herobrine ever been omnipotent? Or immortal? What? I remember when he was just a creepypasta that just built dirt pyramids in the ocean and mined tunnels, and when in a fight he was no more dangerous than another player.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
I looked at the Minecraft fandom wiki, and in the first couple paragraphs stated that only the original story was 'canon,' and everything else is a fanmade adaptation. All he did in the og story was watch the player, cut leaves off trees, mine 2x2 tunnels, and build sand pyramids in the ocean. Representations of him being omnipotent is a fanon bastardization of the original material. The guy was said to be like another player, except for the strange eyes/behaviors and he seemed to be faster.

Eh, I'm not opposed to the powers listed on the villain's wiki as long as they're toned down a bit. Tho i don't see anything there about Pyrokenisis (unless you're referring to Flint and Steel from Minecraft?). And I guess the immortal thing would be due to being pretty much in Creative Mode, as would the flying, but I wouldn't really call 'knowing where characters are all the time' omnipotence. More like a sixth sense or something.

Not that any of this matters since Herobrine ain't gonna have the omnipotence and immortality in the rp tho lol