• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lmao, personally this is why I think the win/loss ratio has no meaning, because apart from people with 0 wins, Kiro's about as low as it gets, and yet he scored a win against Sagisō who at that point had only 1 loss.

The chart is merely statistics, hardly worth looking at to determine the outcome of a fight.

It does tell us who has had a good or shaky road up to this point. I should know as the proud owner of multiple zero win characters XD

And really Kiro's loss record is more of a reflection of his in-universe effort rather than his ability so for him specifically it is a poor reflection but mainly him alone.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Zaku is sneaky OP. No one talks about him but he has 6 freakin wins XD
The dude destroys like so many things. Taijutsu? AIRWAVES! fire style? AIRWAVES! Wind style? AIRWAVES! Water style? AIRWAVES! lightning style? AIRWAVES! Projectiles? AIRWAVES! Boulders? AIR FRIGGIN WAVES

@Nebulix an updated Win ratio as requested

Katsuo: 100%
Azumi: 100%
Mori: 100%
Zaku: 90%
Sagiso: 80%
Hashima: 75%
Kai: 72%
Sakura: 66%
Takato: 50%
Kiro: 50%
Reaver: 50%
Raiku: 50%
Madoka: 50%
Kin: 33%
Yasu: 25%
Taiyo: 25%
Lako: 0%
Tsuki: 0%
Lako: 0%
Shura: 0%
Ryo: 0%
Kenji: 0%
Uchiha siblings: 0%

Our topics back then XD

Kenji vs. Sagiso in the forest? Where Sagiso dominated the fight and she only took damage from her self-damaging move?

That's what I referenced.

To sum up the fight
  • he chased her through the forest
  • Pissed her off by ignoring her and attacking Azumi
  • Dodged a Violent whirlwind with a few scratches
  • Tried to hit her with a lightning chain, which she intercepted with Wind bullets
  • Shocked her with a paralysis type jutsu, then stabbed her
  • Then he took a knee (partial block), and a roundhouse kick
  • She tried to follow up but he hit her with some self-damaging lightning technique, and the momentum of her kick caused it to land anyway
To sum up the fight;

He got hit with a knee, which he blocked with limited success, and then got kicked twice.
Whereas Sagisō got hit with two lightning techniques and got stabbed.

Looking back...preeeetty sure he took himself out with that lightning technique.

Nice to see some juicy details looking back

It does tell us who has had a good or shaky road up to this point. I should know as the proud owner of multiple zero win characters XD

And really Kiro's loss record is more of a reflection of his in-universe effort rather than his ability so for him specifically it is a poor reflection but mainly him alone.
Eh, at least you're proud of it. Win rates overall aren't the best reflections of power. How characters match up against each other and their skill sets are far more important.

Eh, at least you're proud of it. Win rates overall aren't the best reflections of power. How characters match up against each other and their skill sets are far more important.

My only issue is that match ups and all the other x-factors and what not are nice but how it happens in the RP context (matches) matters in presentation. If your character is skilled with a diverse style and strong on paper but loses every fight it doesn't mean anything in all honesty. Pure numbers are not the sole answer but I think ignoring them isn't correct either.

My only issue is that match up sand all the other x-factors and what not are nice but how it happens in the RP context (matches) matters in presentation. If your character is skilled with a diverse style and strong on paper but loses every fight it doesn't mean anything in all honesty. Pure numbers are not the sole answer but I think ignoring them isn't correct either.

Jacob. Yasu is a good example of what not to do. Fought the same guy with an extreme advantage 3 times in a row. Don’t be like Yasu XD

Let me just say it like this.

A character like Kiro having a not so great win loss record isn't the worst thing in the world. There is no fear power creep will sweep past him and we know if he applied himself with the skills he already has to fix that win/loss issue as shown in the Sagiso fight when he finally gave it all he had.

For someone like Kenji, who tries his damn best every single time and fails over and over again the win/loss record does mean something major. Who does try to apply his abilities as best as he (Or rather I) can and still has nothing to show for it and the power creep fear is present as he seems lost in the shuffle as is.

My only issue is that match up sand all the other x-factors and what not are nice but how it happens in the RP context (matches) matters in presentation. If your character is skilled with a diverse style and strong on paper but loses every fight it doesn't mean anything in all honesty. Pure numbers are not the sole answer but I think ignoring them isn't correct either.
But most of your losses are from terrible match ups? e.g. Kenji vs Sagisō

Skilled with a diverse style? Like Azumi? Strong on paper but loses every fight? Seems like Kiro to me. To push this argument it is required that you first accept Azumi's win against Kiro.

A character like Kiro having a not so great win loss record isn't the worst thing in the world. There is no fear power creep will sweep past him and we know if he applied himself with the skills he already has to fix that win/loss issue as shown in the Sagiso fight when he finally gave it all he had.

For someone like Kenji, who tries his damn best every single time and fails over and over again the win/loss record does mean something major. Who does try to apply his abilities as best as he (Or rather I) can and still has nothing to show for it and the power creep fear is present as he seems lost in the shuffle as is.
How would you feel about Team Iwa vs Team Kumo? Should be a fun fight

Skilled with a diverse style? Like Azumi? Strong on paper but loses every fight? Seems like Kiro to me. To push this argument it is required that you first accept Azumi's win against Kiro.

Again I will never accept that one specific fight as a reflection of anything. It's the biggest RP shame I've ever had and I will never look back at that with anything but regret.

One of my lower moments on this site, both in the RP and outside of it.

How would you feel about Team Iwa vs Team Kumo? Should be a fun fight

Considering of the six Genin there I control 3 of them a busy battle XD

Might end up fighting myself unless we roll with Tomiko vs. Taji. Which given Tomiko's only real win is against a card and Taji has no real fight would be cool but doesn't tell us anything for how strong Taji is or how strong Tomiko has become post training.

I am all for it or anything really as I do think it would be an interesting clash.

Considering of the six Genin there I control 3 of them a busy battle XD

Might end up fighting myself unless we roll with Tomiko vs. Taji. Which given Tomiko's only real win is against a card and Taji has no real fight would be cool but doesn't tell us anything for how strong Taji is or how strong Tomiko has become post training.

I am all for it or anything really as I do think it would be an interesting clash.
I've made the following match ups.

Tomiko vs Taji. Should be a nice show.

Mori vs Kenji. If you beat me, and that chance is rather big, Kenji is far from useless.

Katsuo vs Aisha. Aisha is the underdog in the fight, but still not a terrible match I'd say.

Guren vs Darui. Not a big surprise.

This way you don't fight yourself and Kenji might get a win

Kenji: *tries his best*

godjacob:
*Lets Kenji get taken out by 3 kicks*
*Lets Kenji get one-shotted by malnourished non-shinobi orphan*

:T

do you see a problem here?

Dunno how the Yasu fight went, I wasn't paying attention for that one, but Kenji...isn't really at fault for any of those losses. It's more like because you view the character as such that you keep underplaying them and having them fall to absolutely ridiculous things, a prime example being Kou taking out Kenji. That should never have happened. There's absolutely no way Kou should've been able to stealth him. Furījia from half a kilometer away couldn't stealth Kenji.

Let's focus in on Kenji's fight with Sagisō. Those three kicks... he managed to block one partially and then got hit with two, and at the time, you felt that was sufficient to take him out.

Similarly, Kiro also managed to partially block one of Sagisō's kicks, and he also took one straight to the chest, a kick backed by the momentum of the wind shadow.

They went through similar scenarios, and I think your issue is simply a lack of confidence.

Kenji: *tries his best*

godjacob:
*Lets Kenji get taken out by 3 kicks*
*Lets Kenji get one-shotted by malnourished non-shinobi orphan*

:T

do you see a problem here?

Dunno how the Yasu fight went, I wasn't paying attention for that one, but Kenji...isn't really at fault for any of those losses. It's more like because you view the character as such that you keep underplaying them and having them fall to absolutely ridiculous things, a prime example being Kou taking out Kenji. That should never have happened. There's absolutely no way Kou should've been able to stealth him. Furījia from half a kilometer away couldn't stealth Kenji.

Let's focus in on Kenji's fight with Sagisō. Those three kicks... he managed to block one partially and then got hit with two, and at the time, you felt that was sufficient to take him out.

Similarly, Kiro also managed to partially block one of Sagisō's kicks, and he also took one straight to the chest, a kick backed by the momentum of the wind shadow.

They went through similar scenarios, and I think your issue is simply a lack of confidence.

Minor corrections (Though I agree with your overall point)

1. Kou snuck on on Kenji more so cause Kenji was busy shocking Zaku after the trio managed to subdue him and just a case of him letting his guard down. Sakura also made a clone to try and stop him but Kou was able to wrestle out of its grip to get to him.
2. For Kenji going down to Sagiso, it was a combination of me not wanting to portray Kenji as a tank and the escalation of speed in that fight. Kenji was supposed to be the speedster who can hit and move but was not supposed to take insane punishment and was more of a glass canon type. An actual flaw which really mainly looks bad in retrospect considering how much more punishment other characters have taken. Sakua/Ryo finished their thing so the battle was over and we didn't want it to drag.

Kou and Kenji are gonna be a running gag at this point
Between the rat vs Kenji duel of fates style it really should be XD

And honestly kyuu it is hard to sell Kenji as anything but a loser when he has to job to a kid and a rat Shen is really putting me in scenarios where I have to make him look even worse than he already does XD

And honestly kyuu it is hard to sell Kenji as anything but a loser when he has to job to a kid and a rat Shen is really putting me in scenarios where I have to make him look even worse than he already does XD
4C4FC3FF-4E91-44D5-81C9-30247903D078.jpeg

Minor corrections (Though I agree with your overall point)

1. Kou snuck on on Kenji more so cause Kenji was busy shocking Zaku after the trio managed to subdue him and just a case of him letting his guard down. Sakura also made a clone to try and stop him but Kou was able to wrestle out of its grip to get to him.
2. For Kenji going down to Sagiso, it was a combination of me not wanting to portray Kenji as a tank and the escalation of speed in that fight. Kenji was supposed to be the speedster who can hit and move but was not supposed to take insane punishment and was more of a glass canon type. An actual flaw which really mainly looks bad in retrospect considering how much more punishment other characters have taken. Sakua/Ryo finished their thing so the battle was over and we didn't want it to drag.
1. Furījia was half a Kilometer away! He has no excuse for getting ambushed like that, after pulling such a feat.
1.1. Letting the malnourished kid overpower Sakura doesn't do much for her image either.
2. Yea, but at the same time I think you underplayed him too much. He didn't have to be a tank but 3 kicks? That was too far. Give it some more time, wait till this arc ends, you should see some better results. Ah, and put some more confidence in your characters.

Those are supposed to be gag moments though. Nothing to take too seriously. Kiro went LCM and cursed seal on the snake and nearly died. He also almost got smacked to death by a rabbit. I don’t think those moments should be held against them.

1. Furījia was half a Kilometer away! He has no excuse for getting ambushed like that, after pulling such a feat.
1.1. Letting the malnourished kid overpower Sakura doesn't do much for her image either.
2. Yea, but at the same time I think you underplayed him too much. He didn't have to be a tank but 3 kicks? That was too far. Give it some more time, wait till this arc ends, you should see some better results. Ah, and put some more confidence in your characters.

Okay this is a can of worms I wanted to get to for a long time.

When Furijia first met Kenji she walked up to them and was right next to her. I didn't learn she was "supposed" to be half a mile away until right after you brought it up in the discussion.

Those are supposed to be gag moments though. Nothing to take too seriously. Kiro went LCM and cursed seal on the snake and nearly died. He also almost got smacked to death by a rabbit. I don’t think those moments should be held against them.
All to the ^^^ this

Gag moments work if a character can afford to take them. Kenji really can't by this point cause he had nothing good to balance it all out. His "shining" moment was shocking Zaku which itself was undone by a gag moment. Which isn't a gag moment but a low moment.

If a gag moment happens to a character on the down low it makes them joke territory. You know like Yamcha of Dragon Ball :p

Gag moments work if a character can afford to take them. Kenji really can't by this point cause he had nothing good to balance it all out. His "shining" moment was shocking Zaku which itself was undone by a gag moment. Which isn't a gag moment but a low moment.

If a gag moment happens to a character on the down low it makes them joke territory. You know like Yamcha of Dragon Ball :p
Oh no... Kenji might become the Yamcha of Naruto AU :'| RIP

Okay this is a can of worms I wanted to get to for a long time.

When Furijia first met Kenji she walked up to them and was right next to her. I didn't learn she was "supposed" to be half a mile away until right after you brought it up in the discussion.
*sips tea* I like how adamantly you're arguing against your own character.

Now if only we could get you to start doing this in their favor instead...