• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku stomps everyone without any effort
Ah yes, this shows the villagers they must now rely on teenage genin and chūnin. In fact, two of our top competitors are just here for a visit!

We got Sagisō who’s not even from the village, can care less about it, and is leaving the day after tomorrow.

There’s Katsuo, who’s more of a wanderer and was part of the Iwa squad, an enemy of Konoha, who was a key factor in stealing the eight tails right out of their hands on the last mission.

We got Taiyo, the dude who blew his arms off in the last Chūnin exams. Unless someone was living under a rock, everyone in the village knows about that.

Then you have Shura who... uh... this is the first time since that impromptu festival he’s relevant in the village. Also was responsible for two costly mistakes last mission. (If only they knew the stuff he did with hair from girls)

Our last two competitors, Amari and Bobo, are not even from the village and one of them is most likely a terrorist. Probably the dude with that weird smile.

Our Leaf villagers should be completely reassured. Now if only they knew the host clan was in the process of committing treason...

Don’t take this too seriously lel
Raiku can carry dw

Naruto AU Table of Contents (Incomplete):

Chūnin Exam Arc: Pages 1-29

Introduction(?): Pages 1-3
  • Kiro and Kai are first characters to interact
  • Kabuto appears
  • Uchiha scuffle

First Exam: Pages 3-5
  • Raiku and Haru fail

Forest of Death: Pages 6-13
  • Kin and Yukimaru speak with Raiku
  • Taiyo gets robbed by Zaku
  • Kiro and Kai v Orochimaru and Giant Snake
  • Sagisō, Ryo, and Azumi v Sakura and Kenji
  • Kiro v Taiyo and Kilka
  • Kai and Hashima v Reaver
  • Kiro is first to finish :p

Third Exam: Pages 13-18
  • Zaku v Madoka
  • Sagisō v Kai
  • Kiro v Tomiko
  • Hashima v Sakura
  • Taiyo v Lako
  • Katsuo v Kilka
  • Azumi v Ryo
  • Yasu v Kenji

Training Break (3 Weeks?): Pages 16-19
  • Kiro and Zaku get cursed seal
  • Azumi talks to Orochimaru
  • Taiyo, Lako, and Hashima run from Kin
  • Kiro learns lightning armor
  • Azumi meets Takato
  • Sagisō wakes up and meets Hina

Morning of Final Exam: Pages 19-20
  • Kanshi and Tsuki (Jenna) appear
  • Katsuo becomes Xeno Bomber
  • More Zaku and Yasu trash talk
  • Kiro meets Sagisō for first time

Quarterfinals: Pages 20-25
  • Zaku beats Yasu
  • Sagisō forfeits against Katsuo
  • Taiyo blows up his arms
  • Kou appears
  • Tsuki donates blood to Taiyo
  • Kiro kills Hashima
  • Date Fight

Post Hashima Death: Pages 25-26
  • Sagisō and Azumi v Zaku and Kou
  • Kiro argues with Raiku and Sagisō

Semifinals: Pages 26-29
  • Taiyo gets amputated
  • Azumi beats Kiro and speaks to the Kage
  • Raiku tries to trash talk Kai
  • Sagisō intervenes and Kiro forfeits
  • Kai questions Azumi on her techniques
  • Taiyo gets puppet arms from Madoka
  • Raiku attempts to interrogate Kiro
  • Zaku and Katsuo tie
  • Azumi wins the exam

Konoha Crush Arc: Pages 29-38

Sound Chase Arc: Pages 38-53

Sound Chase Epilogue (?): Pages 53-62

Eight Tails Arc: Pages 62-88

Christmas Arc: Pages 88-?

Hyūga Clan Relationships

Loyalties
  • Land of Fire — Fire Daimyō
  • Konohagakure — Hokage
Branch/Subordinate Clans
  • Kohinata Clan
    • A branch of the Hyūga Clan that acts semi-autonomously. The main household rarely interferes with their day-to-day dealings, however, a keen eye is kept on them as their members have been known to awaken the Byakugan. Both in a bit to keep tabs on their bloodline and kekkei genkai, the Hyūga Clan maintains close ties with the Kohinata Clan.
Political Allies
  • Taketori Clan
    • Close political allies of the Hyūga, the Taketori are a Clan the Hyūga approach with 'mutual benefit'. They work together with the Taketori to the benefit of both Clans and maintain an equal relationship as political and business partners.
  • Sunagakure
    • Allies of Konohagakure, and by extent the Hyūga, Suna is an ally who the Hyūga do not maintain the strongest of relations with. Nevertheless, there is a small degree of activity the Hyūga conduct within Sunagakure, but their presence there is largely unfelt.
Friendly Relations
  • Uchiha Clan
    • Ranked alongside them as one of the three great Dōjutsu Clans, the Uchiha are treated with their due respect and cordiality.

The Uchiha prove more resilient than the Senju, or perhaps, luckier. Of the two Founding Clans, the Senju exist merely in name, hardly possessing the members to be called a true Clan. Their decline was both exceedingly fast and mysterious, and at one point, it seemed they would even take the Uchiha with them. The perishing of the Nidaime Hokage, Tobirama Senju, marked the end of an era. The Senju had vanished from the limelight and his suppression of the Uchiha had left marks that still plague the Clan today.

It was not without its benefits though, during the reign of the Lord Sandaime, Hiruzen Sarutobi, under the leadership of my father, and perhaps even his father before him, the Hyūga had hailed themselves Konoha's strongest and most illustrious Clan. Though...I bore witness to it myself, the power birthed by an evolution. The Mangekyou Sharingan; the most fearsome kekkei genkai that exists within Konoha.

Then, how terrifying the man who heeled such a Clan within his lifespan, the man who could treat even their best, Madara Uchiha, as beneath him. Shōdai Hokage, Hashirama Senju...what manner of beast were you..?

Hinagiku's Dairy — Date: ???
  • Aburame Clan
  • Akimichi Clan
  • Nara Clan
  • Yamanaka Clan

Mother says they aren't to be underestimated but...they don't seem that strong to me?

They run a nice little flower shop, with everything from Begonia to Wisteria. I know their heir often manages the store but I've never really talked to her...

sigh~

I guess some people just have it easier, huh? Training and classes... I've been so busy lately...

I think the flowers on my shelf have started to wilt. I wanted to take care of them myself since I got them from Father last year but...I'll have to ask for help after all. I wonder if the Yamanaka's store has anything that could spruce them up? I'll stop by tomorrow and check it out.

Oh! Mother also said we'd go out together tomorrow! It was -um, a bandit extermination mission! It shouldn't be hard, Mother is rea~lllly strong after all, but I wish I had some more time to relax.

It must be nice...running a flower shop...

[There's no place for weakness in the Hyūga Clan!]

That was Grandfather's motto before he passed away...

Ehehe~ I'll have to work hard tomorrow as well!

Furījia's Dairy: Date ???
  • Kurama Clan
  • Sarutobi Clan
  • Inuzuka Clan
Acquianted Forces
  • Misc. Forces within the Land of Fire.
Major Conflict
  • Otogakure — Orochimaru
  • Kumogakure — Raikage
  • Byakugan Killer Aō
    • Simple Orders: Kill whenever possible.
Minor Conflict
  • Yuki Clan — Jin Yuki
Non-Aggression Agreement
  • Kirigakure
  • Iwagakure

Kurosawa Demise — Mini-Arc

Timeframe: ??? (Sometime post-Chunin Exams)

Grand Synopsis:

[Insert Kurosawa Clan Background here]

Adjectives of choice: Unscrupulous, Corrupt, Misdemeanors, Crimes: Human Trafficking, Kekkei Genkai Selling, Ultra Nationalism,

Optional Plot Points: Azumi's Caravan Extermination (Possible point of transition? Use Azumi's mission as segway into the Kurosawa Clan i.e. establish Clan from Azumi's PoV)

Act 1
Major Characters:
Kiro Uchiha
Hinagiku Hyuga
Furijia Hyuga

Synopsis: [Insert comprehensive synopsis here]

General Points:

• Hinagiku plans to Kill with a borrowed knife, using Kiro to eliminate certain nobles who are a cancer to the nation.
  • Knowing their greed she sets up an Auction, using a priceless work of art as bait
  • Kiro meets up with Furījia and they attend to auction as representatives of Furījia's merchant group
  • They successfully win the art piece, this induces some nobles to attack them in hopes of pilfering the artwork
  • The first few attempts on the artwork fail, but the Kurokawa's attempt will be 'allowed' to succeed
  • Kiro tracks the stolen artwork to the Kurokawa mansion where an Ultra-Nationalistic Party is soon to be held

Act 2
Major Characters:
Kiro Uchiha
Sagiso Ajisai
Azumi Noriko
Reaver
Baiyan

General Points:

• Hina wants to pull the whole thing up by the roots, hence the party is only a means to an end
  • Kiro's mission is to suss out the main parties involved in the crime ring and acquire the location of their base
  • Azumi's goal is to crash the party and kill all the nobles there
  • Sagisō works at the Kurosawa mansion as a maid, paying off a debt to the house's Mistress
  • Mission Objectives: In-disguise espionage for Kiro | Undercover Sabotage for Azumi | Body Guard for Sagisō

Act 3
Major Characters:
Kiro Uchiha
Sagiso Ajisai

General Points:

• Takes place on the Ketsuryugan Arc Island
  • While hunting the Nokizaru Group Sagisō allows herself to be captured to infiltrate the island used for trafficking
  • News of her capture reaches Kiro by word of Hina, who has intentionally left out some details
  • Island is raided/destroyed by a detachment of Leaf Shinobi

==================================================================

Yea, I think this about sums up that mini-arc. Whatcha think @Godjacob , @Retro Master

Very well put together!

I suppose my question would be for the first mission. Depending on how far in the future this happens, Kiro might still be in the Leaf. Most likely in Root. How exactly would Hina plan to use him as a “borrowed knife” if he’s technically with the Leaf?

My first guess would be something like when Madara faced Onoki and the second Tsuchikage where he didn’t follow the deal the ‘Leaf’ had supposedly made with them. More so he was fighting them for his own agenda at that point. Kiro would still do this mission either way but I’m interested in why Hina has him do it in this scenario. She’d have to know that Kiro could care less about the Leaf and would willingly do this. Tbh, Danzo would probably be fine with Kiro doing this if he knew it was a mission from Hinagiku anyways.

Ofc, if Kiro is not in the Leaf at this point then it works just as fine.

Edit: Should also note that the group of Leaf Shinobi sent in the third act will probably be open for Leaf OCs to take part in the raid itself. So that would be an opportunity for others to take part in this.

Last edited:
Very well put together!

I suppose my question would be for the first mission. Depending on how far in the future this happens, Kiro might still be in the Leaf. Most likely in Root. How exactly would Hina plan to use him as a “borrowed knife” if he’s technically with the Leaf?

My first guess would be something like when Madara faced Onoki and the second Tsuchikage where he didn’t follow the deal the ‘Leaf’ had supposedly made with them. More so he was fighting them for his own agenda at that point. Kiro would still do this mission either way but I’m interested in why Hina has him do it in this scenario. She’d have to know that Kiro could care less about the Leaf and would willingly do this. Tbh, Danzo would probably be fine with Kiro doing this if he knew it was a mission from Hinagiku anyways.

Ofc, if Kiro is not in the Leaf at this point then it works just as fine.

Edit: Should also note that the group of Leaf Shinobi sent in the third act will probably be open for Leaf OCs to take part in the raid itself. So that would be an opportunity for others to take part in this.
The time ftame is kinda vague, mostly because of things like this. We'd have to set up the arc to occur either in parts at 3 seperate interludes, or see if there's a solid chunk of time we can use for this.
Hmm, last time I asked you said this was going to be a separate plot from Kiro’s thing.
Then I changed my mind. At the moment its easier to tie this into Sagiso's work since it'll make the Clan a but more dymamic than token bad guys.

I'm thinking we introduce the Clan from Azumi POV, I know Jacob already started hinting at it, but while Kiro and Azumi sides reveal the more unscrupulous parts of the Clan, Sagiso's side should serve to humanize them somewhat.

Certain members anyway, there are definitely those who are straight up abusing their power, but Azumi lumps together the guilty and innocent, and kills them all.

Alright I see, well darn I don’t know if this’ll affect what I wanted to add in to that side plot. I think it would have gone better when it was a whole plot itself but now that it’s only 1/3 of a plot I’m not sure anymore, don’t want to drag things on too long.
The first 2 parts are already pretty set, we're not really looking for things to add to them. The third part is more open for cameos of other OCs.

Throw out what you have in mind first though.

Well one way to compromise, if you’re willing, is to either show Sagiso’s time serving the mistress before Kiro’s plot takes action, make Sagiso’s time there a side story or just extend the calm period of the second part.

The first 2 parts are already pretty set, we're not really looking for things to add to them. The third part is more open for cameos of other OCs.

Throw out what you have in mind first though.
Remember when I said I thought it would be a good idea to have other people infiltrate the place undercover to sniff out the corruption? It’s mainly a way for me to get involved where.

Well one way to compromise, if you’re willing, is to either show Sagiso’s time serving the mistress before Kiro’s plot takes action, make Sagiso’s time there a side story or just extend the calm period of the second part.
I say one way but proposed 3.

I'm thinking we introduce the Clan from Azumi POV, I know Jacob already started hinting at it, but while Kiro and Azumi sides reveal the more unscrupulous parts of the Clan, Sagiso's side should serve to humanize them somewhat.

Certain members anyway, there are definitely those who are straight up abusing their power, but Azumi lumps together the guilty and innocent, and kills them all.
That is something I can build up on and I already thought of some things.

Last edited:
New Well one way to compromise, if you’re willing, is to either show Sagiso’s time serving the mistress before Kiro’s plot takes action, make Sagiso’s time there a side story or just extend the calm period of the second part.
That was always the Plan, the Maid thing is part of Sagiso's solo arc and she'll be learning and doing some things while she's playing the part of maid.

Her arc will be running at the same time, or even before, the auction starts.
Remember when I said I thought it would be a good idea to have other people infiltrate the place undercover to sniff out the corruption? It’s mainly a way for me to get involved where.
I'm not keen on involving Hina with assassinating Land of Fire nobles. She's only even taking this risk because all the parties involved can't be directly traced to the Leaf.

You'll need to detail more what you'd actually being doing while undercover.

I'm not keen on involving Hina with assassinating Land of Fire nobles. She's only even taking this risk because all the parties involved can't be directly traced to the Leaf.

You'll need to detail more what you'd actually being doing while undercover.
Direct assassination was never the plan, what I mainly wanted to do while undercover is do some sneaking around and find out what exactly the corrupt nobles are doing, uncover the shady deals and the ones they’re associated with. Actual Ninja stuff.

You say it’s going to be a difficult organization to infiltrate, so by building up trust, standings and relations slowly but surely it will help in the overall undercover aspect.
This isnt an orgamization its a social gathering. Its essentially a high-class secret frat party where they plan to do less than savoury things.

Its an inclusive group of ultra-nationalistic nobles.

You need to be more specific what position do you plan to apply for? How would Shura climb the ladder?

Yeah alright I’ll just tell you, it’s pretty obvious I'm going to use Shura so I doubt even if I wait and only show what I had planned when the event happens it won’t be much of a surprise. I going to try for head maid.
Work with that idea and turn it into a mini-arc for Shura.

You can get involved with the 3rd part, but unless there's really good reasoning the first two parts won't change.