• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: One's Nindo

October 26th. Kusagakure.
Ugokasenai Keito, Iwagakure Genin
Keito turned his head to meet Sagiso's pointed look, shooting her a glance that belayed his general reticence. Even from their brief encounter before the exams, he could tell she'd been probing at his personal defenses in preparation for something like this. Of course, if they had met during the exams, he wouldn't have had a choice in the matter. Here, he did. Maybe that was worse. Keito's faced switched quickly from disdain for the challenge to apathetic acceptance. Would he really say no, and risk offending the Hasa kunoichi during their respective villages' meeting?

"Shame is one word for it," he said quietly, turning his head to catch the eyes of Mori and Tomiko, offering only a small shrug to explain his actions to them. "If it's what you wish, I'll accept your challenge. All that needs doing now is to pick the place. Can I assume you already have somewhere in mind?"

October 26th, Asahi.

Asahi grabbed Tomiko's left hand and placed her own palm over hers. She closed her eyes and started to hum, like if she was trying to see into the future. It took a few seconds, but once that was done with, she opened her eyes with a smile.

"You need to try the purple ones." She turned back to the counter with the various options and pointed at the purple candy rock. "We need extra of those.

While she was making sure her orders were being taken care of, she couldn't avoid overhearing her sister picking a fight with one of the rock ninjas. But, Asahi was not about to let Sagiso ruin her fun day, as long as her sister didn't go overboard, she wouldn't have to step in to save her. Ever since the Moon mission, Asahi was quite confident in her abilities and had taken a superior role within the group of her sisters. She knew Sagiso and Karui had always been better at developing and improving their skills, which always made Asahi look up to them. Now, it was different though, since it had been her that had stopped that powerful wind dragon and Asahi's confidence was through the sky.

"Should we get something else to watch the fight?" Asahi asked the two remaining stone shinobi.

Land of Mushrooms, Hidden Grass | (Oct 26, 1234)
Titled Name: Yan Xia Roulan
True Name: Sagisō Ajisai​
Rank 36 — Heavenly Skillful Star | Yan Qing

Keito’s response drew a puzzled pause; however, as he followed up a pleasant, self-satisfied smile bloomed across Sagisō’s lips. She gestured back in the direction of the park, “There’s a training field on the other side of the park. It should do nicely. We can go when you’re ready.” She took a few steps into the street, crossing to the store opposite the candy shop. With a lazy lean against the wall, she fixed her gaze on the group, evidently devising the upcoming fight.

The mist genin cursed silently when he saw poisonous goop suddenly burst out of Yua after she was struck. He guessed it was some sort of poison clone. It was quite the impressive technique. A deadly trap, in fact. All the clone needed was to be popped physically by the opponent and the attacker would usually be hit by the poison at point blank range. There was just no other way around a walking bomb such as that. None of his explosions could compare to hers, which gave him an idea.

There had been a momentary pause by the clone of Yua after the impact, which alerted both Kiro and his own clone. The one who had struck her clone tried to back away, but it was too late, and the poison goop burst out in their face. Fortunately, that was his own clone that had been caught. After all, the reason the clone made this move instead of continuing its own standoff on the other side of the arena was because it didn’t have the chakra to waste on a prolonged exchange in the first place. This was good, though. He wondered how a shadow clone would react to the poison. How long would it be before the effects of the poison took the clone out?

“Come on, let’s go.”

Neither of them would wait to find out. For now, at least, Kiro still had the advantage of her not knowing which of them was the shadow clone. Kiro told his clone to go straight towards the real Yua. This whole time he had kept his distance from Yua and tried to keep her from getting too close due to her poisonous touch, his next move would be a bit risky. Just one touch from Yua could be enough to inflict him with her poison. Kiro could only assume she was hoping to get another opportunity to touch him. He wasn’t sure if Yua needed to just touch someone with her hands or if touching her anywhere was enough to get poisoned. That’s why he formed a layer of chakra around himself as he moved along the wall before dropping down. It was unlikely, but perhaps that could protect him.

‘This is what you wanted, right? Let’s see what you can do at close range.’

Yua had been watching them from the arena floor and so, she’d first see the Kiro that had been afflicted by the poison burst towards her with nothing but a kunai now in hand. It might seem a bit foolish to bullrush her like that, but Kiro didn’t know how long the clone had left. Plus, it could also make it seem like he had gotten desperate after being hit by the poison. Obviously, if she for some reason attempted to stop either of them from getting too close, they would react accordingly. The real Kiro was also not too far behind, coming from a slightly different angle and performing some hand seals as he focused on Yua.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
The poison that seeped onto the Kiro, whether it had been the real one or the clone, would take effect rather quickly. A burning feeling, sort of like an intense rash, would spread as the poison worked its way into the system. An irritation and ringing pain would develop from this as the poison would spread into the system. The senses would be affected as the poison would work to disrupt them causing disorientation with their vision seeming impaired and their balance a struggle to maintain.

Yua had no way to confirm which was real and which had been the clone, though given the one who had been splashed with poison seemed to charge at her first while the other scaled down the wall behind it she'd least have a guess to work with. Either way she had prepared for this as she had her staff extended out and had rubbed her palm along it to ensure it was coated with her natural poison before she charged ahead though as she took her first step her free hand reached to her pocket and flung four shuriken towards the duo. However, she worked to angle and "curve" her throw of the weapons as if she had tossed a baseball with the goal to have them sail around the poisoned-Kiro in the front and converge at the sides of the Kiro behind it. The goal obviously had been for the now poisoned shuriken to stab at the second Kiro but if that failed least this attack would aim to try to disrupt whatever jutsu he attempted to make.
So he wants to take this up close now? Fine by me...

Yua had that thought as Taijutsu had been a bit of a strength for her, so as the poisoned-Kiro charged with weapons in hand she seemed to meet him head on as her staff signaled an overhead attack likely aimed to the crown of the skull. However, as they closed to Yua's midrange she'd shift to the side and swing as she aimed to slam her poisoned staff to the back of the first Kiro's neck! If the blow connected and this had been a clone it should pop on contact but if it had been the real Kiro this added poison on top of the blow to the neck might've been enough to push him over the edge of what his body had been able to handle.

Yua course had her guard up in case the second Kiro had managed to get his jutsu off as she had to account for that with her body tense and prepared to move about anyway if need be. Members of her clan watched this from the crowd curious to see how Yua would fare in this closer exchange.

October 26th (Diplomat Mission, Kusa)
"Oh well thanks I..." Tomiko had began to say as she was given the other Hasa member to converse with far as flavor recommendations when suddenly she had felt something grab he wrist that the gauntlet covered and she was tugged over Asahi. Quite the colorful one she had to admit and that was far from a bad thing.

"Oh the purple one? Alright since you seem so sure. I'd like some of the purple rock please." Tomiko asked as between Roulan and Mori someone had agreed to pay for this and well she figured it'd make a good treat. Course, she had functional ears and also picked up on the spar between Keito and Roulan which had caught her by surprise.

"On one hand, not sure it is super responsible for us to allow spar like this while our nations discuss important matters..." Tomiko had began to say to Asahi when she mentioned what to get with the topic of a spar. "...on the other hand I think this is too cool to pass up and so long as they are responsible about it should be okay. Does this place have any side offerings?" Tomiko asked with a smile.

Kaito had been training for about two hours and had already finished the rotation part of learning the Rasengan, he was now on the power portion of the training. He had been trying to burst the rubber shell of a rubber ball, for about an hour.

"Damn It! Why is this so damn difficult I've being trying for at least an hour now ans the while power thing is confusing!" Kaito said as he tried bursting the rubber ball as hard as he can.

"Like is I said you have to increase the the density and volume of your Chakra, I even narrowed it down as simple as possible for you." Jiraiya said as he sat and watched Kaito tried his hardest, but made no progress.

Kaito stared at the ball for a while and imagined what Jiraiya told him, he began to close his eyes and the ball began to pulsate, but it didn't burst quite yet, Kaito opened his eyes but wasn't discouraged and kept trying.

September 25th (Chunin Exams, Konoha)

"Boo! This guy again!?"

"What happened to the Uchiha!?"

"I'm gonna kill him my bet is ruined!"​

Needless to say as Kenji and his two huskie companions walked out to the stage for the next round of the exams, he had not gotten much popular. From his view the first two rounds had been a bit of a breeze, and the fact he had been the face of what had been flat matches to this point on top of being a last minute sub to the tournament to begin with had not enamored him well to the more vocal dissenters in the crowd.

Thundra & Lightning had not taken well to the reactions, as both ninken had growled at the voices among the crowd, though the pair quickly seemed to calm a bit when a pair of hands brushed their collars as they glanced up to Kenji who had a smile on his face.

"Let them vent. That only is a sign we are doing well. And gives us even more reason to make it one step further~" Kenji mused, as he seemed to embrace his role as a heel for this event, and even seemed to flash a peace sign to the crowd, which had those vocal members among them more seethed.

At the moment he prepared for his third match, and Kenji had hope in the back of his mind this one would be the memorable showcase he needed to impress the only people who really mattered: The ones who'd decide whether he'd advance to the next level or not. Either way he seemed to carry that cool confidence about him that had yet to be tested really to this point.

Her curving of the poisoned shuriken thrown did indeed affect Kiro’s scheme as he changed the handseals before the shuriken could land. It was evident she aimed to disrupt him to buy some time to deal with the one in front. The poison seemed to be doing work as the clone’s vision started to become impaired. It had to do its best to not stumble over before it reached the opponent. Seeing as how long Tsuki lasted, it should a bit more time. As he drew closer, Yua seemed to project she was aiming for an overhead attack to smack him in the head with her staff. However, Kiro had seen her use feints against Tsuki in close quarters, so he knew better to counter immediately.

As expected, Yua effortlessly shifted to the side to attempt an attack to the back of his neck. Kiro would let her commit to the attack as her own shuriken forced their target to suddenly move out of the way with a burst of speed. As Yua made her sudden shift, the clone would move to close the distance that was created by the extended range of the staff. By getting close enough, it would attempt to guard against the swing by grabbing one of her wrists with its free hand and then strengthening its hold by adding chakra to that hand and both feet. With the hand holding the kunai, he amplified the ninja tool with lightning chakra and would aim to throw it straight into her chest, which should’ve been wide open. This would also allow him another hand to use. He would probably fall in the next minute due to the poison, so this attack had to count.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Yua's eyes seemed to focus as the Kiro pair had a couple tricks left on her sleeve, one seemed to burst into sudden speed while the other aimed to read and grab at her staff to try and close the distance. Considering this is the one that seemed to show signs of the poison in its system. Aiming to take advantage of his hindered perception, she'd shift her staff as her target swung to not hit the neck, but adjusted and now tried to smack Kiro's wrist to not only knock it away before he'd grab at her but also expose him to more poison from the staff. Perhaps if it had been the clone, it would be enough to make it burst or least hinder him if it had been the real deal.
"Sorry but not getting grabby today!"

Yua knew she needed to get away from this Kiro as he seemed to try and throw an electric-charged kunai right for her chest. With a free hand Yua reached to her pouch and pulled a kunai that she seemed to cover with her own poison chakra, and tossed it at the kunai as she merely aimed to deflect it enough to knock it off target while she jumped back with her body as she aimed to get some distance while she scanned around her for wherever the second Kiro had gone. As she knew it was a matter of when not if that Kiro would decide to strike and she needed to be on guard.
Alright where are you...

Kaito lied on the ground exhausted and out of breath, he looked up to the sky and closed his eyes. Mochi lied right next to him and began to nap as Kaito began to pet Mochi's head, Jiraya sat next to a nearby tree and watched Kaito as he lied there.

"I gotta say I'm impressed Kid, you were able to use it three times in a row today, you got some talent as a shinobi." Jiraya said as he smiled at his pupil.

"Yeah, I like the technique a lot but it drains a ton of chakra, I guess I have a lot more training to do. But this is all so I can become a stronger shinobi." Kaito said with determination.

"Okay, since you did such a good job, how about we get some sushi?" Jiraya said as he stood up.

"Hell Yeah! I'm so hungry I could eat a horse, sensei!" Kaito said as he quickly stood up and picked up Mochi.

Land of Mushrooms, Hidden Grass | (Oct 26, 1234)
Titled Name: Yan Xia Roulan
True Name: Sagisō Ajisai​
Rank 36 — Heavenly Skillful Star | Yan Qing

The Skillful Star opened her eyes, throwing an impatient glare toward the Stone group. Even amidst the bustle of villagers walking along the road, one could hear the steady tap-tap-tap Sagisō’s foot against the packed earth. “What’s the hold-up? If you’re nervous you can come at me two-on-one, as long as you’re actually coming—My patience wears thin.”

The groups dilly-dally was fouling the girl’s mood and without the patience to wait around, she stalked off towards the field.

~...Hisato Gato VS Taiyo Akugami...~

(Brief summary, of course)

After a semi-epic battle, Hisato stood there exhausted, battered and bruised. Retracting his bone jutsus, he looked down at Taiyo. Clutching his chest with one hand and extending his other out. A grin sat on his face, not because he was advancing to the next round, but because he greatly enjoyed the fight against Taiyo.

The fight was pretty close to being evenly matched. Though Taiyo had an advantage with fire jutsu usage. Dodging fire jutsus wasn't easy. Using wind chakra to try divert the flames away from himself wasn't easy either. Getting close enough to get a swipe at Taiyo took a lot of effort.

Hisato was pretty happy to have gotten some usage out of his skull cap jutsu. Hisato had mixed feelings of excitement, surprise, and bewilderment. Part of him wasn't expecting to advance on, just have a fun fight. He was definitely feeling a sharp pain starting to take kick in, but his adrenaline rush wouldn't allow him to collapse just yet.

"I hope we can fight again some time!" Hisato said as he grabbed Taiyo's hand to pull him on his feet.

~Next Match...~

Hisato was all patched up after the previous match, and looked at the arena with a look of contempt and eagerness to get back out there again. He spotted his next victim opponent. Another white haired ninja, but this one was from the cloud. Hisato struck a pose before pointing at him. Hisato began making his way to the arena. He had two dogs with him! Hisato had to resist the erge to pet them or scratch behind the ears or give belly rubs. It was written all over his face when he looked at the Huskies. He turned his gaze towards their white haired dog owner.

"I don't see any Uchiha here, do you? Ha! Let's show them why we don't need them! Hisato Gato! Nice to meet ya!" Hisato said extending his fist to bump with opponent.

(OOC: I got Taiyo auto-rights a while back, but wanted to lt yall know here in the post as well, and I also contacted Swirled for double confirmation)

Kenji was not sure what kind of foe this Hisato guy would but, but as he came out he seemed to carry a friendly enough demeanor and even joked at the jeers Kenji had received. He even offered a friendly fist bump which caused Kenji to smile slightly as he returned it in kind.

"Kenji. Kenji Satoru. I like your style~" Kenji mused as he had taken a step back when the proctor had come between the pair, he glanced at each competitor before she had began to speak.

"This semi-final round will be between Hisato Gato and Kenji Satoru. If you both are ready..." The proctor had began to say, glancing at each as Kenji seemed to nod to indicate she had been, and once she had gotten the same show from Hisato she raised her hand up before she just as quickly lowered it down.

"Begin!"
The proctor hopped back just as Kenji had with Thundra and Lightning. Both the ninken moved by him as he had hand signs crafted at rather impressive speed as his green seemed to shift feral.

"Ninja Art of Beast Mimicry: All-Fours Jutsu!"

"Ninja Art of Beast Mimicry: Man Beast Clone!"
In succession, Kenji and his two companions revealed two of the trademark techniques of the Inuzuka Clan on top of one another; as chakra flowed in this wild almost chaotic hinge around him. His nails began to sharpen into claws, his teeth began to produced sharpened canines and his eyes seemed to shift to a more beastly iris.

His companions had taken an opposite approach, a pair of smoke explosions signified a different transformation, and once the smoke had cleared a pair of identical clones of this feral Kenji flanked him as the one in the middle seemed to shoot a toothy grin to Hisato.

"Now then, show me what you got!" Kenji called out as they seemed battle ready.

October 26h (Diplomacy Mission, Kusa)
Tomiko had gotten her sample of that sweet sweet rock candy and oh boy was it good! She had to admit this girl knw her taste as the Hasa ninja who recommended this flavor was a godsend as these flavors blasted in her mouth and she visibly enjoyed every bite.

However, an impatient Roulan seemed to get irritated at the group as her desire for a spar seemed to show more and more. Tomiko presumed that Keito was gonna face her but Roulan seemed to invite more in either what had been a supreme show of cockiness or confidence depending on the point of view.

"I think 2 on 1 in something like this speaks of a lack of pride. Keito you gonna take that~?" Tomiko mused with a grin as she was curious if he'd actually accept the challenge or not, course if he had decided not to she wasn't above passing a chance for a spar.

~Hisato 'Bonehead' Gato Vs Kenji 'Mangy Mutt' Satoru...~

"Nice to meet ya Kenji! Nice to meet your doggies too!" Hisato said pointing at them.

Hisato formed a blade extending from his right wrist before forming bone gauntlets covered his hands and forearms.

Hisato fought wolves before, but not trained ninja dogs. Was this going to be significantly different? After seeing Kenji's Inuzuka jutsu at work, that seemed to answer his question.

Hisato would fire a quick carpel shot at the newly formed clone jutsu. Maintaining his distance for now to better react to Kenji's next move better. A nice low shiko dachi stance is what Hisato stood in. Sturdy and well protected stance but not restrictive so to limit movement.

Kenji and his clones seemed to raise an eyebrow as their foe had gotten set, the blade wasn't much out of the ordinary but the bone gauntlets seemed to be something to catch their eye. Well, this was peachy seemed he had some unique tricks of his own, and that only seemed to make them all the more excited.

As he fired his first shot, the Kenji trio crossed each other and used their increased speed and agility to avoid the rounds while also having used the smoke to obstruct where the real one had been. One Kenji seemed to flank Hisato's right and left side, reaching to their pouches as they tossed a volley of three shuriken each. The Kenji in the center seemed to charge straight ahead as it seemed to go for a direct attack, course it aimed to jump at the last minute to flank Hisato from behind; aiming to strike him depending on how he either blocked or avoided the shuriken to his sides.

Feral grins seemed to flash the trio as whether clone or real Kenji seemed to get excited at the chance of a proper battle for a change.

For someone who should’ve welcomed close quarters combat, it was a bit odd that Yua didn’t want to get hands on. Her comment seemed to indicate that she wanted to get away fast. Maybe she was wary of Kiro after he had taken such a risk getting close to her. Either way, he wouldn’t let her get away so easily. All he needed to do was at least touch the weapon to send a minor electrical current into it. With its perception already hindered, the best the clone could do was utilize lightning chakra flow internally and focus it to the brain. That sped up the signals sent from the brain to its muscles in order for the impaired clone to react quick enough to her readjustment. Since Yua adjusted the aim of her staff to his wrist, the clone took advantage of that movement to awkwardly reach for the staff itself. It’s hands were covered in a small amount of chakra to try and lessen the effects of any poison that was layered on it.

Obviously, one hand probably wouldn’t be enough to completely stop the staff, let alone hold it in place. Fortunately, his other hand had been freed up after throwing the kunai. At this point, Yua couldn’t change trajectory anymore with the staff being so close, so the clone did what it could and would use both hands to try and grab the staff before the poison could finish it off. It was basically a similar action to its recent attempt at grabbing her wrist, with both hands and feet covered in chakra to increase its hold using the walking on water or trees technique to stick to the weapon and ground. An added bonus for the weakening clone was that Yua only had one hand on the staff due to her having pulled out a kunai and then throwing it to deflect the lightning kunai, which should weaken her own hold. In normal circumstances, the clone should’ve been able to gain control of the weapon at that point. Yet, the clone couldn’t take advantage of that much due to the further interaction with the poison weakening its strength and further impairing it’s vision. The only thing it could do at that point was hold on to the staff for a few seconds. Even though its strength was waning due to the poison, with its feet “stuck” to the ground and hands “stuck” to her staff, Yua would still have to waste a few extra seconds to pull the staff away before the clone inevitably popped.

Unfortunately for her, if events played out as stated, the real Kiro would not give her that time. With that burst of speed he revealed to avoid the shuriken Yua threw before using her staff, Kiro would have moved to already be behind Yua once the clone would grab the staff, kunai in hand. The hand seals he was forced to change right before dodging the shuriken had bore fruit in the form of multiple small spheres of electrical energy floating behind him. It was the ‘Lightning Release: Lightning Ball Technique’. As added insurance, thanks to the last stand of the clone, which would’ve popped within a second of his arrival, if Yua still continued to hold onto her staff, she would find herself shocked and briefly paralyzed once the electrical current inside the weapon transferred to her. It was essentially the same effect as damaging anyone with a weapon infused with lightning release. Except this time, Kiro used Yua’s own weapon against her in an attempt to achieve this brief effect to limit her mobility further. With a kunai by her neck, the lightning coating around it would be enough to draw a slight trickle of blood, showing that his threat shouldn’t be taken lightly.

“It’s not worth sacrificing your life for these exams. I’d suggest forfeiting right now or I will slit your throat if you move even an inch.”

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Well if nothing else this guy was full of surprises and had some determination. The poison in his system should've made such quick adjustments impossible yet somehow he pressed on in his efforts to grasp at her staff. However, this Kiro had been super focused on her staff and well that had not been the only way Yua had the ability to attack here. Just as Kiro lunged to try and grab at her staff, Yua's foot raised as she delivered a swift kick targeted for the gut of her foe as she aimed to kick him back and if it had been a clone which she had began to suspect more it would disperse but her focus shifted to her flank as the real Kiro seemed to make his move.

She planted her feet firmly as she aimed to shift her hips so she'd quickly turn while the poison at the end of her staff as she had taken and thrusted to hover just above the wrist but before she'd be able to smack it away she felt a sliver as the edge of an electric kunai pressed on now the side of her neck. Now both seemed to play the world's deadliest game of chicken, and even if she had the poison ready to slam into an artery of his hand Kiro clearly had the greater leverage with the position of his electric kunai on top of those spheres behind his back. Well this had been quite the mess she had gotten into, but she had not been put into check mate quite yet as she even cracked a small if somewhat amused grin on her face at this little standoff. In fact, as crazy as it seemed, she had a plan.

"Well you certainly know how to get a point across..." Yua mused, though as she had spoken subtly she had worked to adjust her chakra flow, working to push a stream of it through her lungs so her breath would naturally mix with the chakra her clan naturally produced. This natural poison aroma that had come from her breath as they were close to each other lacked the power of her poison spoke she used as a projectile weapon but it still had its effectiveness; exposure to it would dilute Kiro's senses as well as ever common hinder his senses such as vision and impact those reflexes of his. "...but no reason we can't be civil about this." Yua added on, her body having not moved an inch to give the game away per say while her delivery allowed more of this poison breath to drift Kiro's way.

Once this it would first take effect, Yua would act. Quickly shifting her neck back to avoid Kiro getting a quick chance to stab or cut into her vulnerable spot and in the same motion rocking her staff which already hovered close by his wrist to slam it and the poison around it against it to hopefully knock it out of his hand.

If this proved successful she'd shift her staff for a follow up swing, using the range of motion it had as she aimed to slam the opposite end of the staff to his back right leg aiming to trip and knock him back. While she had that end of the staff focused on grounding Kiro, if she had gotten to this state she'd reach to her pouch and tossed a few poison-laced kunai to the electric spheres as Yua figured there was a chance contact could trigger them and if she was able to get rid of them it was worth an effort.

~Hisato Gato Vs Kenji Satoru...~

Hisato dropp to the ground to avoid the shuriken. Using the momentum going down , he went for a 360 degree sweeping kick. Arm extended in the opposite direction. Anything within range would have been hit with a foot and/or an arm blade. Turning his attention to the Kenji from behind, Hisato continued to use his momentum to flow into the next attack, a crescent kick and a circular block. The kick was intended to block the attack, and the follow up block with his arm was done so that Hisato could grab his target's arm and pull him into his bone sword. Hisato exchanged an equally excited grin.

As quickly as the two Kenjis to the side had charged both stopped just short of the range as Hisato had spun 360 with his limbs and his bone blades extended. During this the Kenji in the back had attempted to thrust a clawed palm strike to the back of Hisato, but the latter used a crescent kick which forced Kenji to shift to a grab as he aimed to grab the ankle of his foe with his sharpened claws brushing against the clothing and skin around it. Kenji aimed to beat Hisato to the punch, before he'd be able to grab him to pull him to his blonde blade he's dig his grab in and swing him aiming to slam him with a toss over his shoulder. The other two Kenjis prepared to pounce with charging strikes had Hisato been planted on the ground as intended.

Already Kenji sensed this round was to be different than his previous outings, and this seemed to excite the young man and his companions.

As Kenji would grab and attempt to throw Hisato, the bone ninja would go with the flow and willingly let himself be thrown, but with control. As Hisato was in the air, just over Kenji's shoulder, Hisato would use his knee to get a quick swipe at the side of the head. Aimed for the sphenoid and temporal bones. Regardless in whether the attack him, Hisato would land on the ground with a controlled fall so that he could protect all his vitals. Seeing the other two Kenji, before Hisato would get up, he'd pull a bone whip from his spine and whip it around, hitting any nearby ninjas planning to charge strike him. Hisato was still low to the ground, but was now on his feet. bone blade extended from one hand and whip in the other.

The Kenji which tossed Hisato saw his eyes widened as he tried to kick him with his free leg as he was tossed to the ground, so he diverted his head back to avoid the hit as he completed the slam but Hisato seemed to land on his feet. As the other two Kenji attempted to strike a bone whip had been pulled out that he swung about as he hung low to the ground.

So, both Kenji paused and extended their claws, swiping at the bone whip as they attacked it when it swung to each side using their enhanced reflexes and striking power. Slash. Slash. Slash!

The Kenji in front of Hisato shifted to a stance on all fours, and as chakra coated his body he twisted his frame and seemed to form a twister that launched himself forward in a violent rotation. The sole intent to crash into Hisato and slash him with a rotation of claw strikes.

"Man-Beast Taijutsu: Fang Over Fang!"​

Hisato twisted his whip and rotating the vertebrae so the claw strikes slide off the whip. He singled out one of the two clones and cracked his whip at the Kenji clone.

He pulled it back afterwards before wrapping it around his arm without the sword. As the chocolate chakra covered Kenji attempted fang over beast jutsu, Hisato would apply chakra to his whip. Hisato would take the high ground and would move and try thrust his whip wrapped arm into Kenji's shoulder blade.

Although his priority was to move out of the way, he wasn't expecting to completely avoid the attack, but avoid the blunt of the attack. With Kenji up close, Hisato would attempt to skewer Kenji through the back.

The Kenji who the whip seemed to focus on widened its eyes as it used its greater agility to avoid being struck, though he had grazed the shoulder which cut into the top and a little of the skin as that Kenji winced at the close call but it forced it back.

The Fang Over Fang by design was a Taijutsu that restricted any of the Kenji's line of sight; the rotation so violent everything had been a blur, but this is where the other senses of the Man-Beast Transformation had kicked in. The sounds of bone being wrapped and coiled around signaled an attempt to counter attack, his nose picked up the attempt of the target to move higher it seemed, so Kenji tried to adjust his attack; pivot to the side, and then back to try and strike at his foe's left flank.

During this, the Kenji that had been left alone when he focused his whip on one of them, circled Hisato's flank and moved up with the aim to drive a clawed palm strike to his back; the goal to attack him from behind and knock him to the human twister of the other Kenji.

~Hisato Gato Vs Not Hisato Kenji Satoru...~

Hisato watched held out his wrapped arm at the fang over fang Kenji and would attempt to shoot the Kenji is the face point blank with his carpel bullets. Then attempt to block the attack, covering up vital areas.

Weary of the Kenji behind him, Hisato used his sword's extra reach, he swung his bladed arm behind him. His attempt was to either force the Kenji back or slit his belly wide open as they attacked him. Now standing sideways between the two ninjas in a strong Shiko Dachi stance.

As the rounds of this carpel shot were fired, the Kenji who charged it upped the rotation to maximum velocity as it propelled forward. This intent was two folded; produce a rotation and current around himself to let the carpel rounds drift off target getting them sucked up in the rotation. Or even deflect them with their sharpened chakra-fueled claws if that failed as he shot forward. This Kenji expected to take some grazing shots regardless, but he aimed to drive this sharp twister right to the heart of his foe!

The other Kenji saw the blade bend back to him, but because it had been as Hisato's back its reach could only bend so far, so it raised its claws to block the blade as sparks had shot. While it failed to attack Hisato, it aimed to grip on the blade and reach for a wrist to hold his arm back to he'd be unable to use the other arm to block or escape as the other Kenji charged with the Fang Over Fang. The aim to hold till the last second and then let go to fall to the ground.

The third Kenji had licked its scrapes and circled the others as it seemed to reach for an item along its pouch...

~Hisato vs Yamcha Kenji...~

The Kenji performing wolf fang fist fang over fang jutsu was coming in hot and was about to try land a hit. Meanwhile, other Kenji was still on Hisato's other side and made a reach for Hisato's hand. Hisato's hand and arm were pretty well protected and his bone blade wasn't going anywhere. Hisato would attempt to grab the clone Kenji's hand back, as it reached for him. Hisato would give the clone a firm grip. He would attempt to stomp on the clone's foot to distract it and make it easier to pull it towards him so that the clone would be hit by the fang over fang jutsu just like Hisato.

Hisato held his bone wrapped arm in front of him, ready to cover vitals up. While this was all going on, Hisato hadn't completely forgotten about the third Kenji playing tiddlywinks or something cause he wasn't contributing to the match at all. The weak link on Kenji's side, no doubt. It seemed to reason, it would likely attempt to use an item from a distance. Like a coward from afar while it's comrades fought tooth and nail on the front line.

The Kenji that aimed to grab at the wrist succeeded in its task, but Hisato had also grabbed it as he attempted to kick to stun the Kenji to toss to the path of the Fang Over Fang! However, while it winced from the blow it gripped Hisato's wrist with its sharpened claws as it aimed to dig into bone and skin while the Kenji worked to fight against the pull. In fact this Kenji aimed to try and slam its free hand to Hisato's side to stop his toss and keep the other arm extended away to break his grip on the arm.

Meanwhile the twister that had been the other Kenji raced and with its full velocity slammed into Hisato with the intent to damage as much as it could and slash or drive through whatever guard he raised. If successful he'd drive Hisato to the ground as the other Kenji hopped off and rejoined the third Kenji; who had tossed a pair of smoke bombs into the area which soon exploded and began to cover Hisato's field of vision.

A weakness the Kenji had not needed to be concerned with.

With the clone focused completely on the staff, it had essentially forfeited its ability to react to the swift kick to its gut, causing it to pop prematurely. This led to Yua noticing Kiro earlier than he had anticipated. She managed to turn in time to send her staff right towards a wrist of his. Although, that still wasn’t enough to stop Kiro from pressing his kunai to her neck, giving him the advantage in this stalemate. He smirked when Yua made a remark about him knowing how to get a point across, taking it as a compliment. “Can say the same about you...” Kiro remarked as he gave a passing glance at the staff in her hands. Unfortunately for him, her staff was also positioned to slam into the artery in his wrist, which could possibly send the poison straight into his bloodstream. That could be deadly. He just wondered if Yua was confident enough to test if she could counter immediately after getting her throat slit.

“We can be civil about this. Your choice.”

Kiro said in response to her next remark as he pulled out a smoke bomb with his free hand and dropped it. If Yua wanted to keep things civil, she’d simply forfeit right now as he was preparing to break this stalemate himself. There would no longer be any need for any blood to be spilled. It was still a bit odd to see the girl the least bit concerned. Even when Yua spoke, there wasn’t a hint of panic in her green eyes. Something seemed off as he looked at her. That was made clear, or less clear, when his vision blurred and he began to feel dazed. Kiro knew something was up as the smoke enveloped the area around them.

“What did you-”

In that instant, Yua suddenly moved, compelling Kiro to attempt to slash at her neck. However, his motor skills seemed to stall briefly, leading him to swipe and miss due to her movement. Even so, the slashing movement should’ve allowed him to cut through her shoulder or chest area depending how she moved. It wouldn’t be much damage or any at all, though, since Yua simultaneously rocked her staff in an attempt to slam into his wrist that held the lightning coated kunai.

Memories of his shadow clone quickly flashed into his mind. The symptoms of her poison included the dulling of senses, including worsening vision, which he was beginning to experience. It would also lower his motor skills and coordination, which explained his untimely response. Lastly, there was also an itch in the affected areas that would turn to pain depending how much poison was there. But how had he been infected? Kiro was certain he hadn’t physically touched her yet. Whatever the case, Kiro intended to end this quickly either way. That’s why he had shrouded them in thick smoke.

With the situation seeming to take a drastic turn in Yua’s favor, Kiro decided now was the time to use the sharingan in order to make up for his declining senses. Kiro hated that he had to use it, but this was one of his best options to combat Yua now. His last resort would be to rain the spheres of electricity onto her, but he would likely be damaged in the process due to their close proximity. The reason Kiro used a smoke bomb was to ensure most of the spectators in the stands wouldn’t be able to see the sharingan. He would rather keep it hidden for as long as possible, especially from any of those damn Uchiha that might be watching. Hopefully, he could end this before the smoke went away.

As her staff made contact with his wrist, the pain from the blow shot up his entire arm, causing Kiro to drop the kunai as he grimaced from the pain. This intense, stinging pain had probably been amplified by her poison. His eyes changed to a distinct red crimson color in response, revealing the infamous dojutsu under the smoke. He wasn’t able to react to that initial attack, but after activating the sharingan, he was able to see through her intended follow-up. Yua intended to shift her staff for a follow up swing, but Kiro didn’t allow it to go all the way as he used the hand that hadn’t been hit to firmly grab her staff. It was all or nothing now, which was why Kiro didn’t care about the poison anymore. He was already poisoned anyway and the only thing that could stop it was the antidote Yua had stored on her.

Thanks to the flickering light of the spheres of electricity, the only thing his eyes could see in the darkness was Yua right in front of him. Kiro would first try to place Yua in a subtle genjutsu once her green eyes met his own so he could get in a better position to make her forfeit. Chakra gathered around his free hand in anticipation, ready to form a blade of lightning just for her should it succeed. If that genjutsu didn’t work for some reason and Yua did make a move, the sharingan should allow him to temporarily counteract the effects of the poison to react faster than anything she could do. That meant he’d gladly rain those spheres of lightning down on both of them.

Kenji two(the clone grabbing his arm) would attempt to try get through Hisato's gauntlet, but the bone gauntlet wasn't going to be damaged. Hisato squeezed Kenji's wrist with the intent of forcing Kenji two to loosen it's grip. Possibly fracturing it in the process.

Hisato would block with the elbow on the same arm he was grabbing Kenji two with. As he blocked with his elbow, his bone blade would be angled at Kenji Two's eyes in a horizontal swiping motion.

Hisato didn't have much time to react to Fang over fang before taking a hit. Hisato would attempt to grab Kenji 1 and fire a carpel shot while he was being knocked back. Hisato would hit the ground and hit the ground sliding. He'd roll and attempt to land on his feet. between the initial impact of the fang attack as well as hitting the ground and sliding back, Hisato would just barely clench his teeth so not to yell out.

Hisato saw WLKenji(Weak Link Kenji) and other Kenji handling smoke bombs and would use this brief moment to try remember where all three Kenji were at the moment. As the smoke hit, Hisato would use the smoke cover to sling his whip out in a 180 degree motion. His main focus was where Kenji One(fang over fang Kenji) was.

Hisato would fire carpel shots into the ground a couple feet away from him to make it sound like he was moving around in the smoke.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Things seemed to be going well enough at first, Yua thought to herself as she successfully managed to pop the clone and least held off her foe from pressing the knife to her neck. More importantly her subtle poison-breath seemed to work like a charm. Kiro seemed to be clueless as it drifted to the nostrils, and by the time he realized the effects had taken hold she had already been on the move. As her poisoned staff slammed into his wrist and seemed to spread the poison along his arm and body. While the smoke that Kiro had released from his bombs masked it, the Tameru Clan member had a grin shinning across her face.
"I only did what I could~"

Yua grinned as she attempted to follow up with a sweep of the legs, but her plans which included a toss of kunai to the electric spheres failed to get to that phase as for all her calculated steps to this point a sudden wildcard seemed to reveal itself. Within the smoke that made everything but her foe hard to discern, Yua had caught a glimpse as something interesting happened; Kiro's eyes seemed to shift to a crimson red, a familiar look from someone who had been a member of an allied nation to the Leaf.
T-that's...the Sharingan!

Yua cursed as she was caught off guard, and neither had time nor precreation to look away or cast a sort of defense before Kiro seemed to make his move. Her body seemed to freeze up on her as what felt like a Genjutsu of sorts had taken effect. This freeze had been limited and it had not taken long for her body to snap back into frame, but by the time she had gained movement again not only had her attempted combo been stalled but Kiro had adjusted his position and had a blade of electricity ready on top of the electric spheres which threatened to rain down upon the both of them. Yua cursed internally as she had once more been pressed in a corner, not that anyone had a chance to see as smoke covered the both of them.

"Just full of surprises aren't you?"
Yua managed to mutter this as she considered her options, if she tried another escape it would be likely those spheres would rain and blast the both of them, not only that but this newfound development of her foe being a hidden Uchiha all this time had been a radical reveal and now she had way more variables to consider. Course, she worked now to avoid direct eye contact as she considered her options as she had been in an unfavorable position to say the very least. Yua had never been the type who liked to give up, reflected poorly on herself and her clan. However, to continue to fight risked sever injury or possible death and with this opponent's new reveal there just seemed to be a number of x factors she had no prep for. For an exam bout, she decided it had not been worth it to press further.
"Quite the gambit I must say. Alright, you win this time. I surrender."

It was only momentary, but Kiro had succeeded in placing Yua under genjutsu. He could see the shock in her green eyes when she saw the sharingan. Once Yua was freed from the paralysis of the genjutsu, she appeared to realize her precarious situation. After what seemed like a brief assessment, Yua finally agreed to surrender. That made Yua the first person outside the Mist Village Kiro had revealed his dojutsu too and live to tell the tale. With her surrender, there was no need to draw any blood.

“S-smart choice. You h-have my respect for that.”

Kiro told her with a shaking voice. His breathing had been a bit erratic due to the poison and he was beginning to feel dazed. Continuing to stand straight up had become a painful task in of itself. Fortunately, he didn’t have to wait too long. With the smoke clearing, his eyes went back to black. His vision had deteriorated quite a bit, but he could make out the Proctor coming near them. The Proctor seemed to have heard her surrender, which was only confirmed by the position they were in. He looked at them before addressing the crowd to reveal the result.

“Contestant Yua of the Sand has surrendered! The winner of this battle is Kiro of the Mist!”

Once the Proctor confirmed the results aloud, the crowd erupted into both cheers and boos. They clearly were going for different sides. Kiro himself fell to the floor, on his behind, and dropped the kunai. He panted as the spears of electricity dissipated as well. Kiro had won. No, he had survived. That’s what Yagura was probably thinking right now as the Mizukage looked down on him. Yua had made him work for this victory. Her usage of poison had been a change of pace compared to his previous battles, forcing him to employ different strategies. Kiro had attempted to work around her poison, but he had to combat it head on in the end. Even now, her poison continued to whittle him down. That antidote would sure come in handy.

“Wait. Can you…”

Glancing up at Yua before she could turn away and leave, Kiro still had something to request of her. However, it wasn’t for the antidote. Not just yet. It was something more important to him. He had to pause due to a fit of coughing that came up. While the coughing hurt, it also bought him a moment to consider how to ask her for this favor. Kiro wasn’t used to such a thing and his eyes wandered as he quickly tried to think of the words. She had no reason to oblige, but it was something he still had to ask. Once he caught his breath, Kiro looked at Yua and made a quiet request.

“C-can you keep what you saw a secret for me?”

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Yua sighed as the result was declared, she figured the boos were more directed at her side for giving up "shamefully" or something, as she'd rather not look members of her clan in the stands or her Kazekage in the eye. Still, Yua had stood by her decision and figured this would just be better motivation to improve all the more next time. The important thing for her was making sure she'd have a "next time" to strive for when the stakes truly shifted to life or death on the field. Course, she seemed to fair better than the winner as she turned and saw Kiro collapse as the poison in his system really had began to take effect. A silver lining in the sense that it showed she really put pressure on him and it had been a close contest, especially given just what he needed to use to pull out with this win.

"Oh here. You'll need this."
Yua said this as she passed some of her antidote onto Kiro, injecting it in him before she kept the vile to herself. This should combat the effects of it and allow him to begin to recover though a check up with the medical ninja stationed here would help the process. Yua had prepared to turn to go back once she ensured he wouldn't keel over but Kiro stopped her as he seemed to ask of her to keep what she had seen a "secret" of sorts. She guessed it was the Sharingan, as being a Mist ninja yet having Konoha's most sacred Kekkei Genkai in his possession had been quite the story she was sure he wanted to never let out. Yua would motion the proctor a bit back as she approached him and whispered as to keep this part between the two of them.

"Sure, I can do that. You must have quite the story, well, Uchiha of the Mist. But...well, I just hope you are prepared for the day comes when this little secret gets out. Cause no matter how talented you are without it or close to the chest you keep this, it is bound to get out. Take care."
Yua had no reason to pass this advice to him, the odds they'd meet again were thin but still, Yua figured this was something vital to Kiro for whatever reason and she merely hoped he had a plan behind whatever reasons he choose to keep this to himself. With that, the kunoichi turned and made her way to get checked up by the medical staff.

Last edited:

The Kenji that had grabbed Hisato's wrist seemed unable to dig her nails into the bone he covered around it, and as he attempted to toss it Kenji worked to tug its wrist free and kick off as the Kenji landed back into the growing smoke pile at their feet. Having just avoided the extended bone of the elbow that nearly took its head off.

The Kenji in the Fang Over Fang had landed a solid hit, as the powerful rotation slammed into the bony defense he had raised which caused the Kenji behind it to grit his teeth as they slammed down to the ground. Along the way, he attempted to fire a desperation shot of bone digits as they twisted in the air and while one grazed along his back the rotation of it caused them to drift away as he landed on his feet and the smoke seemed to conceal him.

The Kenji behind the twister groaned a bit from that, but darted back in the smoke as it and the Kenji that had been in the air with it released additional smoke bombs and concealed the area in a thick cover. Naturally each one had began to move as the smoke covered them as they figured Hisato would try to spot them. The sounds of something sounded, and the initial impulse seemed to suggest it was movement but it also matched the sound of those Carprel Shots. So it was 50/50.

Each Kenji seemed to reach to their pouch, as they tried to keep to the exterior of the smoke and traced the scent of Hisato trusting their noses to where he really had been as they fired some shuriken and aimed to land a strike from multiple sides.

~Hisato 'bad to the bone's Hisato vs Kenji 'Who let the dogs out' Satoru...~

Hisato stood crouching like a wild animal amidst the smoke. He zigged to the left. Zigged to the right. Zigged to the left! Zigged to the right! Ninja boogie! He stayed low to the ground to avoid making himself a large target. Hisato was grazed across the back by two of the shuriken as most passed over him.

Without leaving the smoke, Hisato made a clone of himself to lung out and strike the first Kenji he saw. Like a ravenous animal the Hisato clone came flying out running on all four with sadistic laughter. Ready to claw at the stomach and throat of the first Kenji he saw.

Using the smoke to his advantage, real Hisato flung his spear forward, phasing through the clone and aimed towards Kenji's stomach. (Like Scorpion from Mortal kombat).

It appeared that Yua would be willing to keep that secret of his for just a little while longer. Her words reminded him that time was indeed running out when it came keeling that secret. He had been pushed into using it twice already. Fortunately, Kiro was able to use it under cover, but he may not be so lucky against his next opponent. Speaking of that, Kiro thanked Yua for the antidote before heading off to get healed before his next match.

Unfortunately, he wouldn’t have much time in between matches to fully recover. Recovering from the poison took priority, which consumed most of his time. He didn’t even get to see much of his opponent’s match either. His next matchup was against some girl from the Hidden Rain Village, Azumi Noriko. Kiro knew of some of the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the minor village. For her to make it this far meant she was not an opponent to be taken lightly just because of her origins.

Eventually, it was time for his next match to begin. He noticed that loser Uchiha had been defeated and was no where to be found. Kiro expected nothing less from a coward. Fortunately, Yagura hadn’t graced Kiro with his presence either. The Mizukage would’ve probably ridiculed Kiro again for his performance. As a special tool of the Mist, they expected him to perform. If he didn’t, then there would be consequences. Letting out a sigh, Kiro then began to make his way through the tunnel onto the battlefield to await his next opponent.

All ears and noses were trained to the noises of Hisato, who had not made himself easy to find but their sharp senses even in the ever thickening smoke had served them well. Their ears had been ever perceptive to the noises made so when his attack came the trio seemed prepared.

While the Hisato clone attacked like a blind animal, something Kenji seemed to take internal offense to, the Kenji it targeted smelled him coming and shifted to the side which just avoided a sudden spear that shot through the clone.

Two other Kenji pounced on Hisato, as they aimed to deliver a cross slash cross his back and strike from two different flanks while the third charged ahead as the sounds of a frenzied pursuit echoed in the smoke.

----------
So, she was to face the Mist ninja?​

Azumi had recovered from her extensive battle with the Iwa-Kunoichi, and caught a glimpse of the end sequence between Kiro and Yua, as the former had managed to force a surrender in the smoke. Azumi had no way to know what happened inside there, nor the parting exchange between the two but that mattered not.

All that mattered was she had a sense of who she'd be fighting next.

Azumi had worked to prepare and headed to the next arena for the upcoming bout, as her focus on total victory was all the motivation required. This Mist Ninja was no doubt a foe to be weary of if he had made it this far, but she had not come here to yield and defeat had been out of the question.

One way or another, she'd claim victory. No other result had been acceptable.

~ThAtGaTo101 VS Godkenji...~

"Hahahhahahahahahahahaaah!!! Gottem!! Wait. Damn!" Hisato said realizing his bone whip didn't skewer Kenji. Seeing how Kenji moves to the side, Hisato would pull his whip back with full force, with the intent in running his whip across Kenji's leg in a rip and pull motion. Hisato didn't expect the other two Kenji to sit back and watch. He kinda expected Weak Link Kenji to sit back and watch, but Hisato wasn't gonna take any chances. Hisato would perform a backflip then a back roll, landing outside the smokey area. In doing so just barely managing to avoid getting hit by the two Kenji attempting to pounce on him.

The Kenji that just managed to be stabbed saw the incoming whip curled for it as it raised its claws to block the strike. Sparks had flown in the smoke as it was knocked back but managed to avoid the worst damage as it hoped back with the other two. The Kenji trio seemed to sniff that Hisato avoided their attacked and moved outside the smoke as clearly a new approach was needed and Kenji decided they needed to strike with a bit more punch.

"Thunder Style: Surging Claw Jutsu!"
With the trio of Kenji gathered within the spoke, an electric charged passed through each of them and coated their claws with an electric surge that caused some sparks to shine within the smoke. Shiruken would come flying out of the smoke in a volley though this attack aimed to be more a distraction as the three Kenji charged out with quick speed and charged with the intent to swarm and slash into Hisato with their charged claws to slash through his defenses.

~Kimimaro clone Hisato Vs Kiba clone Kenji~

Once more, Hisato found himself dealing with three attacks at the same time. A normal person would probably sigh in disbelief or seek aid from othere or nake clones, but not this bone head. Speaking of bonehead, that's exactly what he did. Hardened bone began to form around the sides of his head and wrapping across the top and forming tips like a jagged bone crown on his head.

Hisato moved, not to avoid the attacks, but to get all three Kenji on one side. Hisato used a burst of wind jutsu to throw a cloud of dirt at the Kenjis and get dirt in their faces(mostly the eyes). Coating his gauntlets in wind chakra, Hisato would swing his whip st the ankles at the flea ridden attackers. Hisato would swing his bone blade to try slice off the arms of one of the Kenji as if Hisato had the high ground.

For the third Kenji, hisato would swing his whip, but aim to hit Kenji with his bone gauntlet and smack his attack away with a hammer fist, then aim to hit that jaw of his with a back fist.

After dealing with the left and right Kenji, hisato would Aim to hit center Kenji's arms with his bone gauntlets and he'd need to think with his head on what to do next. Heabutt!!! Straight to the face. Hisato laughed as he went in for a headbutt.