• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Shiny Pokemon Thread

So the Voltorb I got in Pokemon Firered, back when I was called MISTY, this Voltorb then was transferred to Pearl, Platinum, Soulsilver, White, where he evolved into shiny Electrode, Black 2, X and finally Omega Ruby. He is the only Shiny (I've caught legit) that has been transferred because Slowpoke and Tangela were caught on ROM Hacks SacredGold and Dark Rising respectively.

These however were received in trades. Hariyama was obtained on the Pokemon Black 2 GTS. He got transferred to Kalos to fight in my meta-game team and recently conscripted (yes Pokemon battles are now a war, Breeders (me) vs Hackers (KingNappy, ect)) into Omega Ruby to fight alongside DraynaShadow, my Omega Ruby character. Charizard was obtained on X via GTS and Mewtwo in Omega Ruby via WonderTrade. I assume Mewtwo was sent by a live streamer distributing shiny legends due to it having all perfect IVs and Lvl:100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, recently no luck....
BUT~ I did find a shiny Petilil in January
But I killed it :@
Currently breeding for a shiny Charmander! Fingers crossed!~
Btw, I hatched 1956 eggs ( I counted :'|)......

I've been using the Dexnav to try and chain some shines. So far, I got extremely lucky with Ralts, finding a shiny with my search level at 51 and I think in a chain of about 10-15. I've named the little guy Sirius, due to stars that appear when a shiny is sent out, and he seems to be becoming his own character in my head as well. However, I seem to have used up all of my luck with him, as I've been trying to hunt down a Zoura, and currently nothing. My search level is at 400 and something, and the longest chain I've had was just over 200. Yes, the levels reset twice. Considering people all over the net are getting shinies at search levels of like 80, its getting super frustrating, but I'm too far into this to give up now.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Me: *Encounters Shiny Whismur randomly*
Stupid brother: "O RLY?"
*Trips on charging cord, making my DS fall, knocking out the cartridge*

Must . . . resist . . . urge . . . to . . . delete . . . file . . .

I've been quite fortunate as of late with shinies, got 2 shiny tentacool and a shiny barboach on my Omega Ruby, and a cubchoo and vanillite on X =)

First Shiny
shiny Mienshao - 1st ever shiny, random encounter in Black 2, only time I used a Master Ball, caught as a shiny Mienfoo at level 39

Mienfoo is also my most favorite shiny Pokemon, I remember I couldn't believe it, I had caught my first shiny!! I just remember catching it in a master ball, saving, and then jumping up and down with joy for about an hour
Have not encounter any other shinies in 5th generation games.

Other shinies I have
I caught in X or Y
• shiny Luxio - friend safari
• shiny Mienfoo - Masuda Method - I believe around 225 eggs
• shiny Furret - Masuda Method - I believe around 300 eggs
• shiny Patrat - Masuda Method (everstone) - can't remember how many eggs
• shiny Fennekin - Masuda Method (everstone) - can't remember either
• shiny Zangoose - Masuda Method - at 135 eggs
• shiny Glaceon - Traded as an Eevee
• shiny Mightyena - Friend Safari
• shiny Ninetales - Masuda Method, also most recent shiny at 445 eggs, for my Fox Team

Kind of funny story/situation with Mightyena: really wanted a shiny Poochyena/Mightyena for my first OR/AS team - I had been doing M.M. for shiny Poochyena, after 400 eggs shiny wasn't arriving, and OR/AS was quickly approaching, day before OR/AS was released, just having some fun in Friend Safari, out comes shiny Mightyena! I had to wait until I had the right number of badges before it would listen, she was at level 30! right gender as I had hoped too.

Don't have Anymore
• shiny Gulpin - Horde Encounter, wonder trade
• 3 other shiny Luxio - GTS, not sure why Luxio's shiny really loved me in Friend Safari
• shiny Minccino - Friend Safari, GTS
• shiny Emolga - Friend Safari, GTS

Fainted by accident:
• shiny Beartic - in Frost Cavern, when I wanted to make my shiny Eevee evolve to Glaceon, just fainted the first Pokemon I saw, it was a Beartic, didn't realized it was shiny until it did it's fainting animation.

The other night, while I was training my Butterfree... A shiny male Ariados appeared and I switched to my Level 100 Beautifly named 'Bella' and she paralyzed the shiny and I caught it. I wasn't even trying to get a shiny, it just appeared!

Last night. my luck was with me again... I caught a shiny Claydol. Unlike last time, I didn't have my 'Bella
my Beautifly..... so i took a great chance... with the Claydol being at full strength and caught it. I was just level grinding when it appeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fully and honestly sad to say that I have NEVER seen or caught a shiny. (Weird since I have played all the games at least fifty times I must have bad luck) :/ It is a sad thing. I haven't even gotten far enough in SS to try catch the Shiny Gyarados. I am hoping that in my next few plays through my games when I get my new 3Ds that I can catch a few shinies.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Took a stroll into a Poison-type Friend Safari in Y for no better reason than to level grind some Psychic-types. First Pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Venomoth. Because I nickname all of my Shinies and couldn't think of a better name for a Venomoth, he is now known as ATV. *nods sagely*

It amuses me that I went years between catching Shinies and now I get two in two weeks.

I remember one time I let my little brother play pokemon x and as soon as he hit the grass.. shiny. Well, doesn't that work out for you... I did end up catching it though.

So I just got a shiny Mewtwo, lvl 100 with Pokérus via Wonder Trade.
tumblr_inline_nnr0ukIS7i1rc1v0q_540.jpg

Is that thing even legal???

honestly... the first shiny I ever caught was a shiny shaymin. i got it the first time i tried the new event that came out! i didnt even know it was shiny! fail.

Parz_Official

Previously Parz'sOfficialAlt
my first ever shiny was a shiny combee in my pokemon Y game. i found it while i was looking for zapdos. too bad it was a male!

This took place WAY before I knew about shiny Gyarados. I was playing Pokémon Silver for the first time, and I was grinding for Whitney. And all of a sudden, I ran into a blue Nidoran(m). I didn't know what it was, so being the naïve 7-year-old I was, I caught it and named it Koga(after the Kanto Gym Leader). It has since been a shiny Nidoking.

The only two shinies I've ever found (Besides the ones given to you) was a shiny Fennekin and a shiny Aipom, the Fennekin in Pokemon X and Aipom in Pokemon Omega Ruby.

2 shines I have (Not counting Shiny Gyarados, Event Pokemon or Trading) with stories are,
  • Ursaring: The first shiny I ever caught in the wild and the only one I found in the wild is Ursaring. Yes, I did freak when I saw it but I meh'd after I caught it and wonder traded it away.
  • Chespin: I breeded a foreign Ditto with a Chesnaught and got a shiny Chespin AFTER 6 EGGS!!!
(Also, my favorite shiny is Sylveon and I did get a Level 100 shiny Delphox in Wonder Trade)

My First Shiny ever was a Chingling in Pokemon Diamond. I caught it and then put in my PC never to be seen again. (Why my old self, why!) anyways then I caught the rest in this order.

~Bronzong (Green)- Pokemon Diamond, in that cave where giratina lives... Can't remember, not the distortion world but that crazy maze...
~Sentret (Shine)- Pokemon Safari HeartGold
~Ponyta (Flare)- Pokemon Platinum... on some route...
Skip a few years...
~Druddigon- Pokemon White 2 in dragon Tower, poor guy... I never really liked him...
~Frogadier (Shadow)- Pokemon X, friend Safari. This was my first Intentional shiny
~Luxio (Sparky)- Pokemon X, Friend Safari
~Electrike (Azu)- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. He was and early Christmas present.
~Oddish (Bloom)- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I found him randomly in a horde.
~Zubat (Kiwi)- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Also in a horde
And Finally
~Palkia (Palkia)- Got him from one of my friends in a trade.

I actually bred another... its my Infamous (not) Cinder! My Shiny drought Ninetails!

Last edited:
2 shines I have (Not counting Shiny Gyarados, Event Pokemon or Trading) with stories are,
  • Ursaring: The first shiny I ever caught in the wild and the only one I found in the wild is Ursaring. Yes, I did freak when I saw it but I meh'd after I caught it and wonder traded it away.
  • Chespin: I breeded a foreign Ditto with a Chesnaught and got a shiny Chespin AFTER 6 EGGS!!!
(Also, my favorite shiny is Sylveon and I did get a Level 100 shiny Delphox in Wonder Trade)
Wow! A shiny Chespin after 6 eggs!? Good for you! I have only bred one Shiny and its a Vulpix (mind you I wanted a specific Vulpix- Female with 3iv and drought so I was forced to breed for it) I got Cinder after 800+ eggs! It took me 3 months between school and other responsibilities.

Wow! A shiny Chespin after 6 eggs!? Good for you! I have only bred one Shiny and its a Vulpix (mind you I wanted a specific Vulpix- Female with 3iv and drought so I was forced to breed for it) I got Cinder after 800+ eggs! It took me 3 months between school and other responsibilities.
I don't know how either! That was my first shiny I ever bred. And it's weird since I just posted art, which was a shiny Vulpix! XD

There are quite a few shinies that I would like to have because I find them cute, but I'm not really actively looking for shinies. Apart from the events (shiny Gyarados, shiny Gengar, shiny Metagross, etc), I only ever found one shiny by accident, and it was one of my favorite Pokémons ever: Joltik! ♥ I was looking for another Pokémon for a trade, and instead of it I found the little guy x) thankfully I had my "capture Pokémon" with me (with False Swipe), and I had no problem capturing it x)

Took a stroll into a Poison-type Friend Safari in Y for no better reason than to level grind some Psychic-types. First Pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Venomoth. Because I nickname all of my Shinies and couldn't think of a better name for a Venomoth, he is now known as ATV. *nods sagely*

It amuses me that I went years between catching Shinies and now I get two in two weeks.

Oh gosh, the twitch flashbacks!!! those were the days

My first shiny was found recently when I was replaying White 2, and I was searching for Audinos to level grind with in Castelia City. Without trying, I ran into a shiny Audino, and it was so awesome! Audino is one of my favorites! I caught it, and I can't wait to transfer it into my Pokemon XY or Omega Ruby (still dont know which one to transfer it to :/) I named it purple, because I'm not very creative

*Me about 5 minutes ago wandering through the Lumoise Badlands*
"Oh god dammit no random encounter I'm doing a mono fire run please no more ground typ-"
"A wild Trapinch appeared! *shiny sparkle*
*Stares at screen in stunned silence for several moments*

... Yeah but seriously my luck is never this good. It probably has a terrible natur- ooooh okay its Jolly. I can roll with this. Anyway, introducing Cepheus the Trapinch!

About a month or two ago - breeding for a shiny female Eevee.
Had to have a lot patience and hatching.
Took me over 10,000 eggs - as Eevee is one of those 10% chance of being female. For luck did hatched a male shiny around the 8,000 egg - used it in a different team (now is shiny Umbreon).

My patience paid off - she is now a level 100 shiny Sylveon.

c6c8cfe4b23bb7c2d984d3a9740e8a87.png

Got myself a custom-colored Shiny Snivy in Pokemon Reborn, and what better name to give my dark, dapper destroyer than @KoL? ;)
Also, I love how your starters in this game have the chance to be shiny.

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
So, not far into a shiny fish chain (25? *shrugs*), I got a male Luvdisc, which I named Papyrus. Jolly natured too. :>
... and then I realize that it was Mettaton that changes hearts to yellow. So... I renamed it. :p
Edit: Got a shiny Vanilluxe as a trade for my shiny Pelipper, which I traded for a shiny Rhyhorn.

Last edited: