• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
SUPERRNOVAA, I was discussing the ruling council of Suimera with the Wonderful some days ago, and we listed a number of ministers. One of those would be someone in charge of overseeing the physical expansion of the kingdom, the renovation and construction of buildings. City planning basically, and like most of these ministers they need talented youngsters to back them up. Lady Alizé has Mai, the General has his son, the mysterious mystic adviser has an acolyte walking around, so to should this noble managing construction, architecture and innovation need someone.

I want to invite Kane for that role. Meaning he'd have access to the palace, or even live there, to be close to the workshops, unless you don't want that of course.

What do you think about that?

I'd love to take on that role. :D
I'd like for him to live in the palace, specifically an area that isn't far away from said workshops.

(Sliding in to say posted, most of the post is based off of the idea of psychic vs dark types, and, uh... yeah)
Oh, such a lovely post you made. It was very intense, and at the same time, raw to the touch. I really enjoyed it. Especially the part where Que says, "Hi Ghost."

Thankfully I have time to type tonight. Will be doing posts for DT and Suimera.

I'd love to take on that role. :D
I'd like for him to live in the palace, specifically an area that isn't far away from said workshops.
In that case, you're free to have Kane stay in either the Servant's wing, or his own private office somewhere in the levels of Lady Alizé's quarters.

Jeej! Then maybe Salem can have a friend!
At the very least Kane will be one of the few citizens that knows what the prince looks like, and sorta what he's like.

Well I did say that whatever Royalty wanted to be made, Kane would play a kind of large role in designing it and sometimes building it.
It's only natural that they'd become somewhat acquainted with each other over the course of time.
Every second I'm getting more and more excited to write something! I have to refrain myself however, as I still have a bit of the actual thread to thoroughly read through.

In that case, you're free to have Kane stay in either the Servant's wing, or his own private office somewhere in the levels of Lady Alizé's quarters.

Either will work.
I'll let you decide.

Well I did say that whatever Royalty wanted to be made, Kane would play a kind of large role in designing it and sometimes building it.
It's only natural that they'd become somewhat acquainted with each other over the course of time.
Salem has actually very little hand in anything I am sad to admit. Out of fear he's been treated like some gem to be protected who should not concern himself with the dredges of life, leaving him woefully unprepared for anything. It's a complete flaw in his upbringing, and one that will cost him, and likely the entire kingdom, dearly when he's finally given the reins.

So if Salem and Kane ever met, it would have been because of Salem's playful curiosity of Kane's flashier toys. You are completely free to have Kane look down on Salem as a fool, I'm sure most people with any real duties or responsibilities do.

Salem has actually very little hand in anything I am sad to admit. Out of fear he's been treated like some gem to be protected who should not concern himself with the dredges of life, leaving him woefully unprepared for anything. It's a complete flaw in his upbringing, and one that will cost him, and likely the entire kingdom, dearly when he's finally given the reins.

So if Salem and Kane ever met, it would have been because of Salem's playful curiosity of Kane's flashier toys. You are completely free to have Kane look down on Salem as a fool, I'm sure most people with any real duties or responsibilities do.

Ooo.
Someone to show off his weird inventions to.
I like it.

Hmmm, considering this fact, it could also be another way Kuniik could take control. He could either establish himself as an adviser, and use Salem as a puppet for a while, or stir unrest among the people when Salem makes poor decisions due to inexperience. Kuniik, unlike Salem, has seen the world, and interacted with other people, and has been through every class of the society. Therefore he would be able to unite people better because he was not raised in a cushioned lifestyle. It would be interesting to see if Kuniik could stir up a revolt, and exile Salem at one point. Though, this is obviously just my current thoughts, so take it with a grain of salt.

Hmmm, considering this fact, it could also be another way Kuniik could take control. He could either establish himself as an adviser, and use Salem as a puppet for a while, or stir unrest among the people when Salem makes poor decisions due to inexperience. Kuniik, unlike Salem, has seen the world, and interacted with other people, and has been through every class of the society. Therefore he would be able to unite people better because he was not raised in a cushioned lifestyle. It would be interesting to see if Kuniik could stir up a revolt, and exile Salem at one point. Though, this is obviously just my current thoughts, so take it with a grain of salt.
The adviser role seems very unlikely at this point in the story. In most part due to Kuniik's species and type. I would have said he could use his illusions to secure that position except for that there is this mysterious mystical adviser to the crown already, which can see through the illusions. That's really all I can on this character at this stage, and I hope you can accept that.

That said, Salem is super naive, and it's no secret that he's supposed to get out of his cage sometime soon. I think Kuniik could very easily charm himself into the life of the prince at this stage and perhaps secure a way into the court this way. A puppet king seems a frighteningly plausible scenario thanks to Salem's foolish upbringing.

I also really like the idea stirring up revolts and poisoning the people against the crown. It's actually something that the Wonderful and myself have been discussing for a while now.

The truth is, that you're mostly free to go whichever way you want, and pursue any goal or plot you can think up, just like everyone else. Just keep in mind that we're a whole group of players and that none of us are really supposed to direct the kingdom on our own. So try to include the other players into whatever you cook up.

I got another question, this one regarding music for the RP. Is there a specific genre for the era? For example, would music be limited to more jovial medieval music and bar songs?

This might be getting into too much of the specifics but I'd love to know.

Forgive me for my absence.

Hurricane Matthew struck around my area, so we had a few issues. So, I'll try to catch up, but it may take a little bit.

I'm so sorry! :(

Hurricane Matthew struck around my area, so we had a few issues. So, I'll try to catch up, but it may take a little bit.

A hurricane seems like good excuse to be absent for a few days. :D
Don't worry about thing, we're all happy to hear that you're alright, and we're glad to see you returned to us.

I got another question, this one regarding music for the RP. Is there a specific genre for the era? For example, would music be limited to more jovial medieval music and bar songs?

This might be getting into too much of the specifics but I'd love to know.
I imagine that the music in the setting would be the more classic type you often see in taverns. Single pieces on harp, lute, or type of flute. Though I think a fiddle or similar instruments would work well too. Alternative you have story tellers backed up but instruments and ballads are common. But that said, I have no objections to characters being more experimental, either with the instruments or type of music performed, as long as you think it fits and can make the rest of us believe it as well. :) That's the most important part.

Don't worry about bringing it up though, I was actually thinking of making a post on it for a few days now. I even had the idea of introducing a wandering minstrel character called Erutan who would perform a few ballads about the founding days of Suimera, or about some prophecies made a long time ago. But if you want to dive more into the music Chrocey, and be the one to cover these things then by all means. I encourage it even, you're the better writer after all.

Here's what I had picked out, but feel free to use them for yourself if you like, or use them as inspiration.
Erutan's "A Rose of May" - A ballad written from the perspective of one of the heroes from the exodus of the first king.
Erutan's "Dragonborn Comes" - A song of an old prophecy from before the founding of Suimera, although some believe the Dragonborn in the song is still to come. ;)
-

I prefer it when players cover things over NPC's obviously. But in case you're interested. The idea was for a fairly famous wandering minstrel to have come to Suimera. She would likely have been an Altaria Gijinka, although I wasn't set on that yet, and her name would have been Erutan in tribute to the YouTube artist Kate Covington aka Erutan, who sang and performed these cover songs. The 'Dragonborn Comes' prophecy song would be one she already knew, but the 'A Rose of May' balled would be a new one she wrote there based on a story/legend that would have been told to her by the mysterious Lady of Tales Haven. ;)

Last edited:
...Um... Quick question...

Should I just go ahead and take the role of the merchant? I don't believe the post has been made, but if it has, then I'm an idiot, and I'm sorry. I'd love to get some character interaction going with Opel, so...

...Um... Quick question...

Should I just go ahead and take the role of the merchant? I don't believe the post has been made, but if it has, then I'm an idiot, and I'm sorry. I'd love to get some character interaction going with Opel, so...
I am so sorry. If you'd rather get on with it, go ahead, but otherwise I'll push myself to get that out.

Seriously, I stole the opportunity away Ny, and kept you holed up waiting, and haven't got an excuse (Other than me being lazy) and I am very, very sorry for that behavior. I have the character plotted out, I just need to write out a couple little paragraphs. Or course, if you'd rather get on with it, I have no qualms.

Seriously, I stole the opportunity away Ny, and kept you holed up waiting, and haven't got an excuse (Other than me being lazy) and I am very, very sorry for that behavior.
Heh :)
Don't see it as stealing the role. I actually prefer you take it, especially since you said you had some nice ideas. Your characters are always very entertaining to read about.

But ye, go ahead and feel bad about making Bobby wait though. :p

I am so sorry. If you'd rather get on with it, go ahead, but otherwise I'll push myself to get that out.

Seriously, I stole the opportunity away Ny, and kept you holed up waiting, and haven't got an excuse (Other than me being lazy) and I am very, very sorry for that behavior. I have the character plotted out, I just need to write out a couple little paragraphs. Or course, if you'd rather get on with it, I have no qualms.
Hey, no need to be sorry! It's perfectly fine!

If you already have a character, though, I'd like to see you use him/her. Honestly, coming up with a character and not using it is the bane of my existence, and I'd hate to see that happen to anyone else. :x:

A hurricane seems like good excuse to be absent for a few days. :D
Don't worry about thing, we're all happy to hear that you're alright, and we're glad to see you returned to us.

I imagine that the music in the setting would be the more classic type you often see in taverns. Single pieces on harp, lute, or type of flute. Though I think a fiddle or similar instruments would work well too. Alternative you have story tellers backed up but instruments and ballads are common. But that said, I have no objections to characters being more experimental, either with the instruments or type of music performed, as long as you think it fits and can make the rest of us believe it as well. :) That's the most important part.

Don't worry about bringing it up though, I was actually thinking of making a post on it for a few days now. I even had the idea of introducing a wandering minstrel character called Erutan who would perform a few ballads about the founding days of Suimera, or about some prophecies made a long time ago. But if you want to dive more into the music Chrocey, and be the one to cover these things then by all means. I encourage it even, you're the better writer after all.

Here's what I had picked out, but feel free to use them for yourself if you like, or use them as inspiration.
Erutan's "A Rose of May" - A ballad written from the perspective of one of the heroes from the exodus of the first king.
Erutan's "Dragonborn Comes" - A song of an old prophecy from before the founding of Suimera, although some believe the Dragonborn in the song is still to come. ;)
-

I prefer it when players cover things over NPC's obviously. But in case you're interested. The idea was for a fairly famous wandering minstrel to have come to Suimera. She would likely have been an Altaria Gijinka, although I wasn't set on that yet, and her name would have been Erutan in tribute to the YouTube artist Kate Covington aka Erutan, who sang and performed these cover songs. The 'Dragonborn Comes' prophecy song would be one she already knew, but the 'A Rose of May' balled would be a new one she wrote there based on a story/legend that would have been told to her by the mysterious Lady of Tales Haven. ;)

You are too sweet, my dear :blush:

You can go ahead with a minstrel character if you'd like, though. I was more so planning ahead for any future scenes with Jasmine, and with her singing a song in a tavern of Delinquent Town.

I had songs written, but I might actually try to revise/redo them to be more with the period then see about commissioning a singer to perform it. Or at least, see how much it would cost.

Also, @Blue moon where are you? I just haven't heard from you in a while.

Oh god, I swear I'm alive (at least I think so). I've been checking this thread eventually even though I haven't given myself the time to read the posts in the actual RP. I'd love to come with a post today but I've been so busy lately. As some of you may know since I published it in my profile, I am attempting to achieve an internship in New Zeland for six months. Living in a tiny island in South America, that is a HUGE oportunity from almost every aspect and therefore I am putting my heart into it lately and... well... the test that I have would have to take is just a couple of weeks from now.

So yeah, I'm a little bussy, but I will probably have time on friday to come up with a decent post.

And there we are! That was quite overdue. Meet Percival, the annoyed fuzzy teenager. I noticed I never described his features other than his height, so if you need more information, I can share it with you. Otherwise, you can make up the details yourself! Go wild :D

He's based on Puff, Non-AU Gerald's bratty Lopunny! I talk about June a lot, but Puff's another fun one to Roleplay as :) I might even have the rest of his team cameo in similar appearances! (Even if they are mostly Mistypes...)

Edit:
geez, why do I always forget the important things?

First of all, I want to thank Bobby and Ny for being very nice about the situation. Hopefully this will never happen again.

And second of all...
As some of you may know since I published it in my profile, I am attempting to achieve an internship in New Zeland for six months. Living in a tiny island in South America, that is a HUGE oportunity from almost every aspect and therefore I am putting my heart into it lately and... well... the test that I have would have to take is just a couple of weeks from now.
Congrats, Blue! Good luck on your test and all that!

Hah hah, I'm going to pretend I was following that conversation and haven't fallen completely brain dead this week. Seriously. I've been bitten by some sort of lazy bug of death. But nevermind that, just dropping in to throw this here.

Choreography - Three Dances for String Orchestra by Norman Dello Joio. Namely the second movement, which starts around three minutes, is what I'd like to share, but I suppose the third is pretty fun as well, and the first is nice and chipper. I just like the swell of the voices, and how they trade off the melody- I'm not too skilled in the art of music theory, but I'm almost certain that it isn't a polyphonic texture, as mostly only one part has the melody, but there's so much strong harmony and accompaniment that it's just got a really thick sound. And I love the two measures of violin and viola solo. Aaand, I keep thinking of this place when I listen to it, thus an official reason to share. And my orchestra decided to play it, which is definitely not the reason for my obsession. Nope. Not at all.

Now be happy of awesome music with me, and forget that the orchestra was slightly out of tune here and there.

Also, hurricanes and internships. Hmm... they sound important. Better take care of those, they sound kind of scary. Good luck ;D

Oooh, and grumpy teen bunnies. That's something I never thought I'd say. Fun to read, Burble :D

Oh dear, I do hope you're alright at least. :o
That must have been such a terrifying experience though... I'm glad you could still log on and tell us about it.

Oh god, I swear I'm alive (at least I think so). I've been checking this thread eventually even though I haven't given myself the time to read the posts in the actual RP. I'd love to come with a post today but I've been so busy lately. As some of you may know since I published it in my profile, I am attempting to achieve an internship in New Zeland for six months. Living in a tiny island in South America, that is a HUGE oportunity from almost every aspect and therefore I am putting my heart into it lately and... well... the test that I have would have to take is just a couple of weeks from now.

So yeah, I'm a little bussy, but I will probably have time on friday to come up with a decent post.
Woaah I seriously wish you good luck, Moon! I know how that's like, juggling life and roleplay, so I urge you to focus on life first! It's great that you're doing something to benefit yourself, so you definitely have my support and understanding if you need to take absence leaves. :)

And there we are! That was quite overdue. Meet Percival, the annoyed fuzzy teenager. I noticed I never described his features other than his height, so if you need more information, I can share it with you. Otherwise, you can make up the details yourself! Go wild :D

He's based on Puff, Non-AU Gerald's bratty Lopunny! I talk about June a lot, but Puff's another fun one to Roleplay as :) I might even have the rest of his team cameo in similar appearances! (Even if they are mostly Mistypes...)
Awww yes, awesome post for the merchant Burble! What a grumpy ball of fluff he is, people will just think he's absolutely precious. Until he Hi Jump Kicks them all in the face. :D

Nice name choice by the way!

Post up for Mai.
Hehe, awesome post Astral. I can see the sparks fly between these two already. ;)
It would definitely be a huge statement for Salem to take Mai as his bride, wouldn't it? Incorporating a mistype into the royal bloodline, since they are in the same egg group, and essentially unifying the kingdom again.

If Mai doesn't die of heart failure first or Lady Alize doesn't order her to kill herself :p

Not to mention all the people who would never ever want that to happen.

If Mai doesn't die of heart failure first or Lady Alize doesn't order her to kill herself :p

Not to mention all the people who would never ever want that to happen.
I think Mai is sneaky enough to be with the prince and not give anything away to Alize. Unless she goes and reports it herself. :D
She deserves to feel good about herself.

Let's see how Mai-Ling deals with this...

Also, I am aware that the Dratini and Dragonite are technically pure Dragon type Pokémon, but lets be real, they are water dragons. That's not to say that I am ruling a type change, just that Salem at least considers himself a water dragon, perhaps in large part because his father was a Dragon and his mother a Water type.

I already love Percival, though. Why does he seem like a secret cinnamon roll to me? xD
It has to do with the human ability for pattern recognition actually. People are wired to find patterns in everything, it's something you find back in cloud watching, or even text emotes. XD
This plays a large part in our ability to read and to speed read. You don't actually read all the letters but you pick out the start, the end and a rough idea of what's in the middle. Usually double letters and the ones with extensions stand out and get picked up unconsciously. People with Dyslexia rely heavily in this which is why they are so likely to jumble letters without noticing it.

Anyway, I think it's because of this that you associate Percival with Cinnamon. the ci is a pronounced part of the name, you get the mon from knowing it's a pokemon, and the Buneary's color scheme along with the fluffy design should be what completes the picture. Your mind wants to connect the dots.

Of course I could be wrong, but this in broad strokes is what mentalists use to manipulate people and direct thoughts or implement images and ideas into someone's mind.
-

Also... Opel what!? Here I thought she was a sweet young child, but she's just a budding swindler? >_<

Last edited:
It has to do with the human ability for pattern recognition actually. People are wired to find patterns in everything, it's something you find back in cloud watching, or even text emotes. XD
This plays a large part in our ability to read and to speed read. You don't actually read all the letters but you pick out the start, the end and a rough idea of what's in the middle. Usually double letters and the ones with extensions stand out and get picked up unconsciously. People with Dyslexia rely heavily in this which is why they are so likely to jumble letters without noticing it.

Anyway, I think it's because of this that you associate Percival with Cinnamon. the ci is a pronounced part of the name, you get the mon from knowing it's a pokemon, and the Buneary's color scheme along with the fluffy design should be what completes the picture.

Of course I could be wrong, but this in broad strokes is what mentalists use to manipulate people and direct thoughts or implement images and ideas into someone's mind.
17h2qt.jpg

Pardon the meme, I just couldn't find any original picture, but... This was my first thought after reading that. xD