• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Paragons Rising - A Superhero RP

New York - 2026

It was a normal winter night along the streets of New York; bustling with people walking or driving their way through the City that Never Sleeps, illuminated by the metropolitan lights above as usual. Today was nothing out of the ordinary--just a vibrant city filled with normal people, going on about their day.

…Well, maybe in an alternate universe.

In this one, today was far from normal, and the only goings-on people were doing were hurrying for the nearest building for shelter or frantically driving back home if it meant getting away from what was currently unfolding.

TREMBLE BEFORE ME, HUMANITY. FLEE AS YOU MIGHT, BUT NONE SHALL ESCAPE THE WRATH OF THE SUPREME BIONICRON.

Hovering in the air above the now chaotic streets of New York was an absolute unit of a robotic figure, displaying an extremely bulky metal physique for its radiant, silver chassis and standing at roughly 8 and a half feet tall. Bionicron sported a vast array of weapons and explosives within its compartments, raining down missiles and lasers fired from its back, arms, and glowing blue eyes. A couple of buildings had already been ravaged by the explosive assault, with civilian casualties an utmost certainty.

I AM EARTH’S RECKONING. ALL LIFE WILL SOON CEASE TO EXIST. THIS IS NOT A THREAT--THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO TO STOP IT.

- - -

“Today marks 12 years.”

The cold, nighttime breeze whistled through the trees, stirring up the snow under his feet. The biting air brushed past his face as he stood, his uttered words nothing more than a hushed murmur. His eyes, the only facial features visible on his masked face were a dull red, hollow and empty, almost seemingly glazed over.

“You spent the first 18 years of my life making every possible effort to break me, so utterly and completely, under the pretense that you 'loved me' and 'wanted what was best for me'. You hollowed me out, gave me nothing to live for but the future you chose for me, and you must have known. Even if you weren’t here to control me forever, I’d still come running back to the chains you clasped onto my soul, because it was the only thing I’d have left.

Well now… I don’t even have that anymore. Thought you should know. I took away the last part of myself I had with my own hands, killing myself, and in exchange, I received a curse far more taxing than death. Fate must have willed it, to make me atone for daring to escape my prison. After all, how ungrateful could I be, to take such an easy way out?”

The faint rumble of multiple explosions just barely shook the ground under his feet, the shrill wail of sirens and muffled screams soon following. He remained completely still, making no motion save for his hand, moving to rest on the handle of his blade, hanging in a sheath at his side. He then crouched down, lowering himself to come face-to-face with the headstone before him.

In Loving Memory
Masao and Kumiko Takeshi

June 16, 1972 / November 2, 1972
March 29, 2014
Gone, But Not Forgotten

“I want you to know one last thing, before I go for the last time. Before I go back to doing yet another thing I never truly wanted for myself."

His eyes almost seemed to momentarily glisten with what could have been the slightest of tears, but it was soon gone as fast as it had come, his red irises immediately darkening once again, as empty as they'd been when he first arrived.

"Your torment forged me. I owe all my chains and self-hatred to you, and you alone.”

The shrouded figure then straightened up, stared into the night sky as he took a deep breath, and finally turned to make way for the chaos he’d heard in the city just moments ago, and as he walked, a brief spark of bright red electricity suddenly crackled around his fingers.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Amy Hartnell
Barely 4 months since her arrest and subsequent imprisonment, Amy Hartnell was on a prison bus being transferred to a facility that would work to rehabilitate her into something the government could use rather than lock away. She was incredibly bored and just hoped the facility was at least more fun than prison. As the bus drove on in silence, the other inmates around her being transferred to different facility and prisons and what not, the was several loud explosions up ahead and then the screaming started people were running in the opposite direction to the bus and Amy's interest was considerably peaked as she perked up and looked around. Just as she opened her mouth to muse about what could be happening an explosion went of right next to the bus, tearing a hole in its side and sending it flying into a nearby building. Rising to her feet groggily she found herself in the burning remains of the bus, it seemed like no one else had survived, hell she had only survived due to her immunity to fire and had made it out with just a few bruises. She climbed from the wreckage and stood in the road looking around before noticing the large metal figure up in the sky "well, aren't you interesting" she said gleefully as she used her powers to propel herself onto a nearby roof to get a better view of the carnage.

Damon Angelos
Sat in some dingy bar, Damon was drinking his anger away after his most recent overseas client mysteriously vanished off the face of the earth at just the moment his was suppose to pay up for the job Damon had done for him. He liked to drink but his powers stopped him getting intoxicated which just added to his frustration. As he ordered another drink the rucus from outside finally pierce the groggy interior of the bar and Damon glanced up before placing some money on the bar for his tab and rises to his feet. Then with a grumble he cracks his neck and takes a gander outside only to have a laser blast into him disintegrating his left arm and part of his left pectoral before it regenerated, "fuck sake, this was a new jacket" he grumble before turning to the origin of the laser and seeing the large robot and sighing inwardly, "I swear there is never a quiet day in this blasted city" he said before deciding no money in the world could convince him to fight that thing and he began to walk slowly in the other direction, before opting to pop to a nearby liquor store and 'borrow' a bottle of bourbon, he turned and started to walk in the direction of the store that just happened to be in the direction of the metal douchebag.

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
~~Kerco~~

Kerco sat at a table outside his favorite coffee shop. While his life was a fairly busy one, he always made sure to take days off for his own health, well, the doctor said it was for his health, and he was not one to complain. He picked up his drink and took a sip, a pencil in his other hand as he idly tried to solve the sudoku in the daily paper. An infernal number was escaping him, and he felt it was the crux to solving the whole thing.

An explosion could be heard behind Kerco, causing his head to turn. Standing, or better put, floating there was a large robot. Kerco sighed, pocketing the newspaper inside his overcoat and standing up. He was lucky it was a robot, as they could not see him. In fact, he was noticing more and more robots on the street nowadays.

Kerco walked towards the robot, deftly dodging all the laser and explosions due to his ability not to be seen, once close enough, he looked the machine over as best he could, trying to find any exposed wires or switches. As much as he loved his own life, he’d also prefer the city not get destroyed, so, as one who could sneak by the thing, he searched.

~~Amanda~~

Amanda, and Amanda were sitting in an Ally way, waiting for something to happen, while Amanda stood on the rooftops, taking in the scenery as a look out.

An explosion could suddenly be heard, the figures rushing to the spot. The one on the rooftop arrived first, taking in the scene of the robot. She smiled as the figures on the ground moved out.

Amanda would notice the figures approaching the robot, one guy almost in the robot, another moving to go underneath it, and a third all the way down the street, though looked uninterested.

One of the two figures on the ground began to move towards the robot, avoiding the laser blast and rockets due to her eyes on the building. She smiled at the robot and shouted “Hey robot! What are you supposed to be? A discount Ultron?”

The other of the two moved over to Shuzo, speaking to him as she arrived “Hey! So, quick question, why are you here? Do you want to take downtown the robots thing? What do you know about the Robots thing?” She smiled an innocent smile, waiting for an answer.

Bionicron- the name split the air, spoken in a harsh tone far from human. Finley was on her way home from work, and in scruffed-up office attire was clearly not dressed for a fight. Windblown hair blocked hazel eyes, wide and wary as they searched for a sign of where the chaos was- a dust cloud, kicked up with a crash. A harsh inhalation whipped through tightened teeth- every beat of her heart was screaming at her, begging her to run. The more metaphorical part of her heart was pulling her toward the clamour, though. Thus, for a few moments she stood in stasis.

She had to do something. Anything, even if it was small, even from a distance. Nodding to herself, a tight hum buzzing from her throat, feet tapped light against pavement as she made her way toward it. Work bag carried across her shoulder, she looked to anyone else like a passerby, perhaps a little to interested in the villain that had reared his head.

The figure was hulking, and inhuman as she had expected. It was never quiet here, but she usually faced smaller threats than this- muggers made of flesh and bone, prone to the screaming light she could inflict their minds with. Would mental powers even work on this thing? Did it have a mind to communicate with? Keeping an effort to stay unassuming, and caring not for the conversations others around her were having, Fin focused on Bionicron as she would a human. This power was her most well-versed, her go-to. With a flare of nothing more than her eyelids, Fin sent her thought of deafening screeches and blinding, dazzling light toward the ravager. Whether she would succeed was a shot in the dark.

/ i figure telepathy would not work on a robot LOL but it is absolutely up to you wether it would!!!

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
He was in the field again. He couldn't remember how many times he found himself here, he stopped counting a long time ago. Eyes drifting to his left and to his right, he saw the same thing he always saw. Fellow Champions, Phoenix and Jurassic, probably the only two people he considered his friends. He wanted to scream out, tell them to run away as fast as possible, before it happened. Yet no sound escaped his lips, not that it would change anything anyways. it was the same thing every damn time. Alan Martinson was once again the hero known as the Adapter, and he was about to watch the Champions die again. Alan tightened the grip on his prosthetic arm, ready to release the alien that lived inside and merge together. Instead, the young hero felt his body grow heavy, finding himself sinking towards the ground, his eyes shutting tight before he hit the grass with a harsh thud. When Alan's eyes opened he was met with a field of twelve dead heroes, there colorful costumes stained with blood and dirt. The once beautiful piece of land was now littered with craters and corpses. Alan immediatly tried to get to his feet, pushing up with his arms, only to suddenly find himself rolling onto his back, totally lopsided.

Confused, the Champion raised his arns up, only to be met with one of them. His prosthetic was completely gone. After a few attempts, Alan had managed to scramble back up. When he did, he saw someone standing just infront of him. However, perhaps calling it something was more appropriate. The figure was humaniod in shape, but its entire body was covered head to toe in chrome. Completely smooth and featureless. Despite having no mouth, a voice that was soft, but slightly echoy rang out from it. "Do you understand yet?" The being asked, causing Alan to sigh, finally able to speak again now that his memory was over. "I told you before, no matter how many times you show me this fucking nightmare, its not going to change anything. Just reminds me that I'm the 'lucky' one. The last living Champion. What a hero. Now will you please let me go? I got better things to be doing than talking to you." His voiced was a tired rage, one of a man plauged by nightmares he's sadly grown accustomed to. "We both know that isn't true Adapter. It doesn't matter anyways. The answers are fast approching you Champion. Pray that you find them before they find you." The figure spoke again, causing Alan to grip his lone fist in anger, tired of this thing's cryptic messages. "I told you to not to call me that anymore! Adapter died in this field with the rest of the Champions! Now why don't you stop pussyfooting around and-"

Before Alan could finish speaking, the figure's arm rose up, shooting a blast of invisble energy. The moment it hit Alan, he suddenly felt his eyes open again, his real ones this time. Like every other time he had this dream, he lifted his arms up to see if they were both there. Sure enough, one made of flesh and bone sat to his right, and on the left, one forged with New York City's finest scrap metal was attached to his body. The former Champion got to his feet, letting out a tired sigh. "Answers..." The figure said they'd be showing themselves soon. For the last ten years Alan had looked for answers for an endless amount of questions. What brought all the champions out to that field? What killed them all so easily? Who took his arm and for what reason? And most importantly to him, why was he left alive? Before he could ponder this thought any longer, Alan suddenly felt the room around him starting to shake. Normally this wouldn't rattle him. Living in an old forgotten maintenance room in a subway means he'd often feel the passing trains, rattlling the room around slightly. But something about these shakes seemed different.

It wasn't until he heard the screams of the people above ground that he realized what it was. Someone was firing weapons. Strong ones at that if they were able to shake that much. On instinct, Alan suited up, throwing on his coat and boots, lifting a scarf to cover his face, and throwing on a pair of sunglasses. He may not be a typical hero anymore, but he still did what he could to protect the citizens. His gear ready, Alan burst through the door of his makeshift home and ran as quick as he could to the surface. Once there, he tried directing some people to safety, but most simply ran past him. In his tattered coat and jeans, he looked more hobo than hero. Alan eye's traveled up to the source of the chaos, a tall robotic figure claiming to be the being that will bring the earth to it's knees. The scrapper couldn't help but scoff. Far the from the first time he heard that. "Bionicron? Didn't think we'd ever have to deal with invader's from Cybertron." Alan muttered out, before climbing up a nearby fire esacpe, wanting to get a better view of the flying foe.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
At the Edge of NYC
" Ladiees and Gentlemeeen, come one, come all! For the show is about to start once more, may we introduce you tonight's entertainer...

MR. MIRACLE! "

A roaring crowd of cheers and whistling sounded up as the velvet curtains moved aside, revealing a stage with but one man stood atop it, who bowed upon his reveal, taking off his hat and flipping it with one hand. Standing straight again, the man had put his headwear on again as he looked over the crowd, one arm darting towards the ground, finger pointed and moving across all the heads of the excited guests.

" How is everyone on this fine night! I sure hope great, because if not, I'll be glad to help you achieve the same amount of joy that I carry into this show! Now then, who would like to be a participant in this first act? "

The magician hopped into the air as his body levitated and allowed him to fly over to the crowd, arms spread out, soaring like a bird. Amongst the crowd, Hagen had moved himself to hang upside down in the air, pointing towards a stranger who stood out to him.

" You there, sir, in the grey coat and blue pants, would you like to fly? "

" ..fly? How am I suppo- "

Before the man could even finish his answer, Miracle lowered himself and swirled his cape around himself and the man, the two vanishing and re-appearing on the stage, prompting the man to look around in a mix of confusion and amazement. With one swift heel turn and flick of his wrist, Terry removed his cape and held it onto the ground. As he raised it to put it on again, a small, plastic plane appeared. It was the size of a tricycle, obviously too small for an adult but still big enough for a man to fit in to, though comfort was another different matter. Terry motioned for the awed man to enter, who now did so with newfound excitement. Albeit it was a bit cramped, the man fit inside somewhat well.

" Ladies and Gentlemen, hold your breaths in shock and awe as I will turn this man into the pilot of this here toy plane! "

Now, Hagen had waved his hands towards the plane, a wavy, rainbow energy outlining both. Then, with the raising of both hands, the plane ascended into the air, the man holding on to its wings out of surprise.

" Better hold on to your hats now, you're about to take off! "

With every motion of his hands in one direction, the plane would follow suit, flying around the upper area of the room as if it were a fully functional, albeit miniature-sized plane. Miracle had continued this for a good few moments, allowing everyone to really get a good look at this phenomena and letting the magic really settle in. When he lowered the man however, the outside world seemed to be show signs of turmoil. Sirens blaring in the distance, slight quakes shaking the filled glasses of the deluxe club he was in. He had to investigate!

" You sense this too don't you, people? This feeling of uncertain danger.. I apologize a million times for this, but I'm afraid the show must be delayed until further notice. I must investigate this, for Mr. Miracle sleeps on no strange activities! Until another time, folks! Stay safe, and stay joyful, Mr. Miracle out! "

With a toss of a smoke bomb under himself, the magician disappeared on the spot, rapidly teleporting closer to the source of these strange noises until he found it - a rather large robot of sorts, causing all sorts of chaos and destruction with its many weapons.

Descending down toward the streets, quite a distance away from the robot, Terry waved his hands and re-directed the smoke clouds in the way of the fleeing people, creating clouds of smoke gathered on the sidewalk as he attempted trying to warp as many people away to safety. This, of course, proved pretty tiresome given the amount of people and in the quick succession they entered the wall of smoke, so he had to keep the warping distance pretty close. Still though, he remained with a consistent smile to put those below at ease with not just his expression but with his announcement.

" Head towards the clouds of grey gas, people! I, Mr. Miracle, will bring you to safety!"

Of course, most people didn't even recognize who this fancily-clad stranger floating in the sky was, given that the few who had recognized him were those he directly helped before, given Terry had never tackled something this big before and had only, at most, solved the odd bank heist. Still, those that did recognize him rushed quicker than those who didn't, re-assured that this stranger who helped them before would do it again this time.

Last edited:
Terror. Cowardice. The only truths of the human race. Bionicron's analyses displayed no logical reasoning to permit humanity's existence on Earth..... and Bionicron was equipped with the means to correct this error. Per its objective, the golem of a machine continued to unleash its vast array of artillery upon the metropolis, fully intent on seeing its mission through to the end.

And yet... an oddity had occurred. Something that was inconsistent with Bionicron's perfect knowledge regarding the inhabitants of this planet. Amongst the majority of citizens frantically attempting to flee the barrage of explosions and lasers were deviants, there appeared those who ran toward their impending doom rather than away from it. Using its advanced optical lenses that could monitor a vast area with the utmost clarity, Bionicron quickly tracked down those who would dare display a trait opposing their core nature.

Resistance.

Though human eyes could not detect it quite so easily, Bionicron's surveillance revealed that through the actions of those daring enough to take initiative, the bustling streets filled with panicking civilians were slowly beginning to organize, their movements now more and more controlled and efficient. Furthermore, not only did there seem to be unusual resistance, but even impudence, as Bionicron's aural apparatus also confirmed. Some individuals directly challenging its wrath had made quips, remarks structured with negative connotation and intent to offend.

"WHO IS IT THAT DARES DEFY THEIR END? YOU, MORTALS, WHO WOULD STRUGGLE HOPELESSLY AGAINST YOUR DEMISE? NO MATTER HOW YOU FIGHT, HOW YOU RESIST, THIS PLANET WILL MEET THEIR END BY BIONICRON. HUMANITY WILL CRUMBLE, AND THE EARTH WILL CRUMBLE UNDER THE WEIGHT OF YOUR FAILU--"

Bionicron's lofty threats were suddenly cut short as an unexpected, shrill feedback cut through its processor, a sudden attack on its systems that no simulations had foreseen. With most functionalities momentarily scrambled, Bionicron visibly faltered, saying nothing in its silent fervor to reorient itself, and for that brief moment... its weapons systems were down.

- - -

This is your job.

Words resounded with a piercing ring within the head of the man now making way towards the chaos he had heard from the New York Cemetery, hand still resting on the blades hanging by his right side.

No one else can do it but you.

The world around him slowly grew faint, normally ear-splitting explosions now muffled, the crunch of snow under his boots only tactile; the only thing clear in his head were the voices he'd constantly heard since they left. His eyes were dead still, focused only on the metallic behemoth hovering in the sky above the city, still undeterred in raining hell upon civilians. The man's gaze was so hollow yet focused, in fact, that he had almost completely missed the sudden arrival of a stranger, her voice chipper and her grin bright. She seemed to lack any compunction for starting a conversation with someone she'd never met, and even amidst his complete focus on the task before him, the man could barely make out her innocent questions.

You are the only one you can trust.

He suddenly turned slowly to meet her gaze, his demeanor unchanging. His hand slowly wrapped around his ninjato hilt as he stared for a brief moment, and after a couple seconds of silence, he spoke, his voice deep, quiet, and slightly muffled by his mask.

"...This is my job. All there is to it."

With that, the swordsman continued walking, paying Amanda no further heed. As soon as he was far enough from her, a low rumbling resonated through the night sky, before suddenly, a powerful bolt of crimson lightning crashed down upon him, shrouding him in bright scarlet light. When the resounding impact faded and the dust settled, he was nowhere to be seen.

When you have a job, you do it until it's done.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Damon Angelos
With the large metal douche appearing to be distracted momentarily, Damon took the opportunity to make it to the liqour store where he promptly began to check through the merchandise that was still intact within the store, going through the bottles, throwing aside those he wasn't particularly fond of as he looked for something good to drink, "ah what have we here, a nice bourbon and its an expensive one two, I'm sure the owner wont mind, for all they know, the tin-man outside smashed it in his search for a heart" he mused to himself as he opened the bottle.

Amy Hartnell
Noticing the robot man seemed a little indisposed, Amy waved her arms in a big obvious motion and shouted to the robot guy, "HEY, HEY YOU METAL HEAD, GOTTA SAY YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB WITH ALL THIS DISTRUCTION STUFF, PERHAPS I COULD HELP YOU OUT, IM PRETTY HANDY AT DESTROYING THINGS MYSELF" she said with a large grin on her face and an energetic fire in her eyes at the thought of causing some mayhem, she anxiously hopped from foot to foot as she stood on the rooftop waiting for his acceptance of her offer, not seeing any reason he would reject her.

"Why does this have to happen now of all times?" Pressed up against the side of a building, the faint outline of a humanoid figure would be spotted if one looked hard enough. The shape appeared to have changed its color to blend in with the wall behind it, keeping itself out of sight. "This is awesome! We never get to see any action since you always keep up couped up inside your appartement all the time." A feminine voice spoke out from withing the same figure. "I've been craving something new to absorb and this big hunk of advanced robotics look very appealing." The robotic voice added.

"Eve don't start this again, we're leaving as soon as we get the chance." The male voice replied defiantly. "We're not heroes like those in comic books, we're just some guy with an AI that forcibly made its home inside his head. On top of that, if we expose ourselves now the people who created you might catch us. I don't want to lose my normal life." He pleaded. "Well technically, your life is already far from normal with me here William." Eve replied. "And who's fault do you think that is?" The man let out a sigh.

taking his attention away from the internal argument he was having with the voice in his head, William noticed some people begin to show up, willingly facing the giant robot terrorizing the streets of New York city. "We're going home, this is not our problem to deal with. Look, there are other powered individuals coming out to face this robot guy, let's leave this to those who are more capable." He ordered. "But William we can help! The power we have is perfect for inorganic threats like machines-" "Eve listen to me! We're not prepared for stuff like this, best not play the hero and get ourselves or other hurt for no reason." Hearing this outburst, Eve finally quieted down, no longer fighting William as he tried to leave the soon to be battlefield.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
~~Kerco~~

Kerco back away from the robot, with no clear way to reach it. If he could, he could probably disarm it, but he could not. Keeping an eye on the robot, he backed off, keeping another eye on the people who were also there.

~~Amanda~~

The Amanda who had been in front of Shuzo rolled her eyes, looking up at the Robot. After the robot had seemingly powered down, both of the Amandas on the ground ran back to the building the other Amanda was on. Climbing the building with the fire escape, the two positioned themselves at the edge of the roof, while the one that was up there backed up, getting a running start. Linking fingers together, they boosted the third Amandas jump as she flew through the air. Landing on the Robots, Amanda pulled out a small knife and began to cut anything that she could that looked important.

DevVoid

The Man of Miracles
Transporting all these citizens was getting too tiring, even if he was just teleporting them a short distance away. So rather, Mr. Miracle removed his focus from the smoke clouds, letting them disperse. His attention now turned to the danger below him. The dropping debris.

Thrusting his arms forward, Terry held his hands up and open, as if pressing against some form of invisible barrier. As he dove down toward the road, he had moved debris out of the way where he could, helping out where he can and slowly gathering rocks in his invisible grasp. Then, when he finally did gather enough.. he had planned to flip them right around and launch them at the robot at full force!

..or rather, the kind of 'full force' he could send things flying at right now.

Last edited:
Such insolence. This impudent resistance was not unknown to Bionicron's perception of humanity; those who had the gall to spit up one last quip before their demise. Within seconds of its sudden setback, the robot was immediately bombarded with attacks by multiple assailants, its chassis slashed at with knives, debris from the destruction below suddenly propelled back toward its position in retaliation. With its aural sensors, Bionicron could also detect a feminine voice from a nearby rooftop, able to clearly discern the mortal's words despite all of the ongoing chaos. The flying rubble made direct contact with Bionicron, enveloping the figure in dense plumes of dust and smoke and carrying heavy enough of an impact to knock off the human weight on its back. The automaton went quiet as the collision sounded, and aside from the sounds of chaos from civilians below, the rumble of Bionicron's wrath was now silent.

However, as the dust settled and the smoke cleared, any onlookers fixated on the sight above would see a sudden flash of bright blue light from Bionicron's eyepieces, its silver body frame seemingly untouched and illuminated by any city lights that still stood to shine upon it. Thin smoke even emanated from the robot's eyes, as if heating up, and its vast array of missiles launchers and laser beam emitters once again sprouted from its back, shoulders, and arms. All systems were back online after the sudden, invisible attack, and Bionicron stood tall once again.

"FOOLISH. IMPERTINENT. FUTILE. NO MORTAL WILL ESCAPE ME. NO IRREVERENT HUMAN WILL EVER HOPE TO GROVEL BEFORE ME. THIS PLANET WILL FALL, ITS INHABITANTS WILL BURN, AND NOTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO WILL BE ENOUGH TO HINDER ME FROM MY OBJECTIVE."

Bionicron's same apocalyptic threats resounded throughout the city once again, its statements directed not only toward those who fled from it, those who resisted it, but also partly toward the female nearby who had the audacity to propose some sort of alliance. No longer paying her any heed, the robot then scanned the streets below, analyses running in its optical lenses. Within seconds, there had been opposition from multiple parties, attacks forming simultaneously upon Bionicron. Its knowledge of the select, rare humans who possessed extraordinary abilities was limited... but its knowledge of human nature was complete. As Bionicron's eyes rested upon the still evacuating, powerless citizens, a new route to achieve its objective was revealed.

Bionicron first redirected its attention to the female from earlier, quickly firing powerful, blue lasers at her. With the most insolent mortal likely dealt with, the automaton then returned to targeting the innocents on the ground. The robot pointed an open hand toward the fleeing civilians, and with a quiet whir of machinery and the hum of some armament being readied, several small rockets were fired from Bionicron's palm and fingers, curving and winding as they propelled themselves on separate paths, targeting groups of fleeing innocents. Upon raising its other hand and clenching it into a tight, metal fist, a nearby building was suddenly lifted off the ground and torn apart, broken into large pieces of concrete and steel. Bionicron continued to raise its hand as the several chunks of debris floated higher and higher, until suddenly.... it thrust its hand back down.

The missiles and rubble hurtled toward the ground at astounding speed, sent on a path to devastate the city below without compromise, along with its inhabitants. Among the vast area of targeted civilians was a man on a rooftop, his left arm comprised of steel rather than flesh. A man in magician's garb, currently taking the helm in helping citizens evacuate. Another individual, barely on the outskirts of the destruction and on a swift path to leave the premises. A woman, dressed in work clothes, who knew not the larger than imagined impact she'd had on the scene. Two other females on another rooftop, who looked eerily identical to each other. And lastly, a small, unassuming liquor shop.

Those still intent on attempting to directly resist Bionicron's wrath would be forced to choose between remaining engaged with it in combat or protecting the mortals below.

- - -

After what seemed like a brief reprieve from the destruction wrought upon the city, Bionicron was now back to raining down explosions and debris, fully intent on razing New York to the ground. The frantic screams of civilians grew in volume once again after their short period of slight safety as their impending doom continued to hurtle toward them.

One notable individual among these civilians was Finley Nova, towards whom a sizeable chunk of concrete now fell. However, before she could react, she would suddenly see a flash of bright red light and a gust of wind, as if something had passed her by with extraordinary speed. The sound of slashing metal would soon follow, and within seconds, Finley would then look up to see that the massive piece of rubble previously fast approaching was, now, no more, reduced to dust and smaller, harmless fragments. Should she attempt to peer through the cloud of dissipated earth, Finley would be able to barely make out a hooded figure, cloaked in black and shrouded in crimson lightning, a ninjato blade held in its hand.

Keep going. Need to keep going.

A curious peek into this figure's mind would reveal to Finley their urgent intent, though only for a brief second, as with another quick glare of scarlet light, they were nowhere to be found.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Amy Hartnell
As Bionicron gave his speech, Amy looked on in shock, he'd rejected her offer, and rather rudely at that. Suddenly becoming aware of an attack coming her way, she boosted herself into the air using her powers to swiftly dodge over the attack. She boosted to a different roof, with the previous one now, worse for ware, upon landing she was now fuming, steam actually coming off her like she was in a cartoon. "YOU DON'T WANNA TEAM UP, WELL FINE, BURN IN HELL YOU RUSTY BUCKET OF BOLTS" she screamed at Bionicron before putting her hands in front of her and with another scream of anger she let loose a massive torrent of flames straight at Bionicron, now intent on destroying this ungrateful and down right rude machine man.

Damon Angelos
As Damon finished up with his most recent bottle, he could hear Bionicron spouting his nonsense once more and shrugged it off with not much care. Of course that was before an attack struck the store and it exploded. A few moments later, pushing away bits of smoking rubble, Damon stepped out of the empty shell that was once the liquor store, now standing in only a pair of tattered and burnt trousers. With the last of his burns fading away, he glanced around and found what he was looking for, a police car. Walking over he smashed the cars window and peered inside until he found the officers gun, left in the car in the panic to escape, a simple sidearm, but better than anything he currently had, which was nothing. He took the gun and started to fire it at Bionicron.

He had paused. It had only been for a moment, but he had paused, and Finley's mind scrambled about, her body in stasis. Had she imagined it? Surely, surely that had not been from her influence- but she had felt the screeching and the light in her own mind, she knew what she was sending out. It always caused hesitation, but that was in humans. So shocked she was that her reach, that shot in the dark fired from her mind, had worked that she hardly had time to act before the thing was operational again, confronted by more who faced it. Its eyes flashed blue, azure light streaking through the air. She could not move, nor speak- a true weakness when confronted with something entirely alien. People had flesh to cut into, but her razors could not break metal's surface.

There was no time, no time at all. In her pause she had endangered herself, concrete flying toward her face- yet, she hardly had a moment for pessimism. Had she hallucinated that rubble?

No. The dust cloud said so- and the smaller bits of rock now scattered at her feet. Through the plume, shrouded, stood a figure- bolts, scarlet, skipped across their form. Her thoughts reached toward him- and she felt that urgent intention, white-hot, singe her mind. And as quick as that flash had struck her periphery, the figure was gone, though not before she called out Going where?, her words woven with telepathy. Without a line of sight, could that even reach him? She could help- if he was going into the frontlines, she could help!

Finley could not afford to spend too much energy reaching out, not in this commotion. Though she slowly stepped back, ushered with the civilians but not entirely among them, her eyes did not leave the spot of where that figure had been for even a moment.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

"City is fucked if this guy keeps up this act. Was hoping to use him for some scrap metal but looks like that plan is off the-" Just as Alan was about to up and leave the city, the former champion had noticed the growing number of people actually running towards the living weapon of mass destruction. All manners of people it looked like, wanna be magicians and ninjas? Some woman that just finished her nine-to-five? Triplets? To Alan's surprise however, seemed like a decent number of the people on the scene were able to actually do things, whether that be whisking civilians away to safety or just try and get close or attack the robot. "I swear you can't walk 10 feet with out bumping into a damn super in this city at this point."

Just as he finished muttering, Alan had turned his attention towards the star of the show. The self proclaimed destroyer of worlds Bionicron. Except all he saw instead was a chunk of debris aimed right at him fast approaching. "Ah son of a bi-" As Alan spoke, the scavenger quickly reached over to press the watch on his left wrist. In an instant, the face of the watch opened up, unfolding and taking the shape of a large round shield. Just in time, Alan was able to protect himself from the blow. Well, mostly. his feet weren't exactly in the most optimal placement, causing him to crash through the roof he stood on and down a few floors. Shaking the dust and rubble off of him, Alan found himself inside a small living room, a couple cowering in the corner. "You guys should get out of here. Hiding in here isn't going to keep you safe." He muttered out, only to be met with a loud shriek.

"Please don't kill us! W-We don't want to die!" One of the men cried out, looking at Alan's metal arm. "Seriously? I have one metal arm and you assume I'm working with the robot. God I never should have moved to this city." A loud groan escaped his lips, and the former hero gazed up through the hole above his head. He could see another missile. coming in hot for the building. Or more accurately, coming for him. Wordlessly, Alan slipped a hand into his coat, whipping out an explosive grenade and launched it into the air, managing to pass through the narrow holes he created when falling through the building. When you live in hiding for ten years, you got time to improve your aim. Just as the grenade soared through the air, it suddenly shot towards the missile, magnetically attracted to the device. Once attached, it ignited, blowing the missile up while in the air and just narrowly avoiding blowing up the building, with Alan and this couple in it.

He couldn't help but smirk and look towards the two men. "See? Now listen to your new savior and run." With that, the couple scrambled to their feet and left the room. Alan jumped up, grabbing the edge of the hole above him and climbing up to the next floor. He kept up this process until he was on the roof again. Looking towards the Bionicron, Alan finally spoke up and called out to the robot. "Hey! Poor man's Megatron! You just tried to kill me, which means you're absolutely going into my scrap heap now." With that, Alan started to leap from rooftop to rooftop, while pulling out his sonic ray blaster. He wanted to call it a gun but his former champions told him that name might be a bit too aggressive for a hero. Ten years later and the name still stuck. He started to fire off blast of Sonic energy towards the robot, hoping the noise blasts might be able to take down it's guard or atleast momentarily distract it from firing it's weapons.

He needed to keep moving. Clear out any remaining civilians who needed evacuating. Eliminate the threat before more destruction was done. He needed to keep goi--

Going where?

The cloaked swordsman suddenly came to a halt, still shrouded in crimson lightning as a voice rang in his head. Feminine, curious. Casting a cursory glance to scan his surroundings, the figure found himself alone in an abandoned street, as any previous inhabitants had already fled. No one who could possibly be close enough to speak with such resonance in his ears... so whose voice was it that had somehow made its way into his mind so clearly? Who could possibly have spoken in his head and easily matched the volume with which the other voices tormented him since he was young?

Turning back to stare down the way he'd run and retracing his steps, the obscured figure racked his brain, attempting to pinpoint the moment a foreign voice could have intruded into his mind but coming up empty. Despite his urgency to surge forward and quickly put an end to the chaos, the man let out a sigh of resignation, directed his gaze to the ground before him, and whispered ever so quietly to himself, his words also formulated in his mind.

"I'm going to dismantle the robot in the sky. Now you answer my question: who's in my head?"

Many swarmed the robot man, now- many of them calling out taunts, of which she was unsure the mechanical thing would understand. Still, it had... some mind to reach out too, so perhaps it understood trash-talking too. In a world as strange as this one, she could never rule it out. She could never rule anything out- for who had ever heard of red lightning?

Despite everything, she had not been expecting a reply. Yet, there it was- a tenuous connection, but a tangible one, brought his question to her attention. Relief struck her, but only for a moment- the nature of his reply struck her, a sharp gasp taken in. Who? How could she possibly introduce herself with only her mind's voice?

Still, she could not afford to lose this link. Her jaw tightened, offsetting the dull pain that was beginning to settle into her skull. She thought of what she had seen- a crackling, hooded figure clutching a sword, caught through a dust cloud. The image was still clear in her mind- and that was her first answer. That was who she was. Thank you, she sent in lockstep with that image- and hoped the whispers of thought would not overwhelm him too much. My name's Fin.

That was all she could hope to offer for now. If he was going to dismantle that robot, perhaps she would catch a glimpse of him again when he got close. Though she was further away now, always off to the sidelines, if she concentrated on her timing, she could try and disable the thing again when he struck, and buy him some time. But he was so fast- she would have to really look. And that was if she could even do it again.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco watched the robot come to again, blasting off debris, smoke, and person. He observed the robot fire a intense round at the woman who offered companionship. He ran to where the woman was falling, catching her and pulling a mussel in his right arm. He hissed as he set her down.

Amanda looked at Kerco, speaking gratefully “Thank you for catching me.” Even though she would have survived the fall, it still might have been a very bad fall.

Kerco nodded “Listen, we need to stop coming at this as a series of individuals and work together.” He looked up at the robot “The robot can’t see me, so I’ll run getting everyone put together.”

Amanda nodded “So, what do you I should do? I control the two bodies up on that roof.” The Amanda’s on the roof waved.

Kerco looked to the civilians “I’ve been seeing you dodge these attacks expertly, I need you to go on the roof and behind him as a distraction. He seemed particularly mad at that woman who offered to join him, make those offers, if they do t work, think of something else, threats, ‘insolence.’ Got it?”

Amanda nodded, running off behind the robot to the opposite rooftop as the others, one of the ones on the rooftops coming down to the streets. An Amanda on the rooftop on the side shouted “Hey! I really like this chaos you got here! How would you like some help?” Ready to dodge and repeat her actions.

Kerco actually didn’t have to dodge many projectiles since they were aimed at other targets. He raced over to Finley, stopping beside her “Hey, we can’t keep going at this thing separately, we need to work together. I’m trying to get us all coordinated for an effective attack, so what can you do?” He asked, speaking clearly and urgently, but quickly

DevVoid

Mr. Miracle
With the robot's weapons priming up again, Terry put his attention towards this manic machine. Chunks of buildings and rockets were heading for the bystanders below and Hagen just couldn't let this go. Flying towards the rockets, Miracle gathered them up in one hand, the other formed into a finger gun. The magician had re-directed the rockets at the flying chunks, blowing them up into smaller bits and had used his magic missiles to blow up the smaller chunks, pulverizing the debris. As the chunks were blown to bits, Miracle kept gathering up rockets with one hand, but had now re-directed his finger gun to Bionicron, firing off a burst of three sparkling shots of magic energy at the machine, partially to damage him and partially to grab his attention away from the civilians if for but a few moments.

With Bionicron distracted with the other super powered individuals, the coast was clear for William to remove himself from the scene. "Alright, we're almost out of danger. Listen Eve, I know you mean well but this type of stuff should be left to people who are more suited." He spoke, attempting to make amends with the AI inside his head. Eve however, was more preoccupied with something else that was happening on the battlefield. "Wait a second William, take a look over there. The angle those rockets and debris are shot from looks like they'll be going right over those people fighting it and straight towards the fleeing civilians. Huh, that's quite a scummy thing to do in my opinion." She commented.

"...Huh?" Shifting his eyes back towards the chaos, William was able to witness the dangerous projectiles hurling towards the powerless people running away from the scene. At this moment, it felt as if the world froze, countless thoughts and decisions began running through the young man's head. "...They need help...Its not our place to step in...We have to save them...Someone else can do it...We can't simply do nothing...We're not qualified for this..."

"...He would have acted already..."

Suddenly, William leaped into action. Before his mind registered what he was doing, the man was now running directly towards the center of the chaos. He stretched an arm out, grabbing one of the airborne missiles before planting his feet down on the ground. Feeling the weight of the projectile drag him forward, William quickly spun his body to the side, throwing the missile towards a nearby chunk of rubble, getting rid of both.

Eve was taken aback by her host's actions. "Whoa William, I thought you were trying really hard not to get involved, what changed in you?" She asked. The man in question was as confused, maybe even more so, than his AI companion when it came to his impulsive act. "I-I have no idea, I moved before I could think." He took a moment to compose himself before deciding what to do next. "Anyways, we've already stepped in far more than I was ever planning to, let's leave this to-" "Nah, no way am I letting this change slip by." Suddenly, a black tendril extended from William's back and grabbed on to another missile that was flying by. The rocket was soon completely engulfed by the semiliquid mass. Afterwards, a muffled explosion rang out right as William felt a slight jolt of pain spread across his entire body.

"Ow, What was that?"

"Oh don't worry, I simply reduced the impact of that missile's explosion by dispersing the force through your body."

"Wait why did you do that?"

"Because I don't think I would have been able to hold the full force of that explosion, not without it blowing some holes in my cocoon and blasting chunks of what remains of that missile out of my grasp. Even if it did, it might break down some components too much for me to properly analyze. I want to salvage as much as I can from this thing."

"...Do you have any sense of self preservation Eve?"

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
The bitter-sweet taste of dark iced coffee with copious amounts of vanilla extract tossed in was what he often considered the best wake-up tool. A freshener to last the entire day, until the next. He wouldn't need to rely on it so often if he actually got a decent amount of sleep, but alas, he'd been clocking in only about 10-13 hours a week, but he simply could not rest. These thoughts, these ideals, these... possibilities. It was enough to keep anyone with more than a single brain cell up at night.
The superhuman boom had opened up so many strange and new reactions from humanity and its governments, but one thing was obvious: this was the next step in human evolution. Anybody who said otherwise were always a human with something to lose because they had no genes that made them "special", which is the word people seemed to be using for the superhumans popping up left and right. More than that, it was more opportunities for finding or inducting like-minded individuals.

Aleksy drank the last gulp of his sickly sweet vanilla coffee, the bitter twang biting at him afterward, his eyes glued on the small television screen in the corner of the coffee shop. A birds-eye view from a news chopper, which was keeping its distance from a battle unfolding deeper within Manhattan. Being in Brooklyn, Aleksy wouldn't have known about this if not for the news. Even then, it was a miracle he'd seen it at all, his mind these days so often wrapped tightly in his growing ideals.
"Barista, turn it up," Aleksy urged one of the barista's behind the counter in a strong Polish accent, a young blonde woman with her hair pulled back loosely shot him an annoyed glare, but she did so, diving under the counter to grab a remote and increase the volume of the television.

"---"Mr. Miracle", who was just seen performing, and the last identified vigilante involved with this "Bionicron" is apparently recently escaped convict Amy Hartnell, leader of the famed Hellions gang, and---"

Aleksy tuned the rest out, his mind whirling with what he'd just heard. Judging solely by the footage being shown, it was clear these vigilantes "involved" with the robot were trying to bring it down, but the media being either prejudiced or simply neutral was displaying it like a possible act of terrorism from all parties, even as the camera panned hastily away from one of the supers who was protecting civilians that hadn't yet escaped.

Rising hastily to his feet, Aleksy slid a slightly crumpled 5 dollar bill onto the counter, eyes glued to the screen as he quickly downed the rest of his coffee. "Keep the change," he absently told the barista, before he turned and made his way out of the door, his goal beyond Brooklyn.

The trip hadn't been long. Aleksy had made his way to the center of Manhattan in less than a minute with time to spare, the man now finding himself standing atop a building right near the Chrysler Building, the entire battle taking place just a block away. Surprisingly, the Chrysler Building remained relatively unharmed so far, though that was subject to change at any moment if Bionicron wasn't stopped.
It wasn't the robot that Aleksy was here for, anyway. His eyes quickly located his target bounding upon another roof, firing gusts of flames toward the metallic disrupter. Amy Hartnell, leader of the Hellions gang, and now a recently escaped convict... she'd be wanted, regardless of how this conflict went. She was precisely the kind of individual he'd been aching to meet since he'd reached the States.

Still, he elected to let this little scene play out with him on the sidelines as a passive observer, witnessing each combatant use their skills and strategies. He focused on the unkept man in the street, firing a Glock 19 at Bionicron---like that would be any good. The aforementioned Mr. Miracle was busy protecting civilians and redirecting attacks. He was a passive combatant... Aleksy made a mental note of that.

A man with tendrils entered the fray, his face betraying his confusion and apprehension. He didn't want to be there. In fact, he wasn't sure why he was there. Another mental note to follow up on who this was. Three identical women bounding about. Judging from how in-sync they were, Aleksy doubted they were triplets. Clones? Physical holograms? Possibly something less obvious. A crimson blur, dashing about the place. While it would have been harder to see closer to the action, Aleksy's unique perspective and distance allowed him to give it more mind. He'd heard of that one. "Bloodbolt", some called it. Nobody knew much else about it. That would need a follow-up. A woman not far from the android who didn't seem to be doing anything. Well... that was until Aleksy felt a surge of distant psychic power. It wasn't the same as his own, but it had similarities, close enough that he could physically feel her using her abilities. Something else to take note of. Another super: a hobo with a robo arm. Unique... but dismissable. Aleksy elected to make a footnote of it. And finally, there was the man slinking about. Somehow, the android didn't seem to notice him. Unique... very unique, that could be useful with how many robots seemed to be popping up these days. Perhaps there was more to him, though. Another note to make.

As Aleksy identified and classified each of the combatants, he had procured his phone and took grainy images of each individual, all save for the speeding red blur. There was no need, not only was the phone not quick enough, but it was difficult to forget such scarlet trails, and there were no other discernible features to capture.
With a few taps, clicks, and swipes, Aleksy had cataloged each individual on his device, and tucked it away to continue his passive observation, Amy Hartnell being his primary concern for the time being. The others could follow, but he wanted to speak with her the moment he could.​

Last edited:
Despite its devastating attack on the city below, Bionicron's initiative continued to meet resistance; the pest who had offered her assistance now entered a fit of rage upon being refused, firing a considerable blast of fire from her palms. Meanwhile, Bionicron's chassis could barely register the repeated pang of bullets striking its frame with little effect, to which the intelligence paid no heed, but before it could continue its attack, Bionicron found itself disoriented once again. The automaton was suddenly overwhelmed by sonic blasts that sent most systems into disarray, and with its senses momentarily interrupted, Bionicron was then left open to the plumes of fire that barreled toward it, soon engulfed in the inferno, followed up soon after with blasts of unknown energy that further battered its armor.

When the flames finally petered out, Bionicron remained seemingly unfazed, standing tall and proud as ever... yet, closer investigation would reveal to anyone who dared approach so recklessly the slight signs of wear, scorch marks, and spots on its frame that lacked its usual luster. Bionicron's lesser knowledge of the more 'superhuman' of humanity had now enacted its first major toll: the machine bled.

Not only would the barely visible signs of injury be known to the more inquisitive onlooker, but what Bionicron did next would be an unexpected development to anyone involved in the scene. As it recalibrated its systems once again and returned to being fully operational, a digital, mechanical... yet almost guttural whir emanated from where it first spoke, akin to an irritated, human snarl. Amanda’s taunting words fell on deaf aural systems as the automaton stood, seemingly tuning everything out for a tense, heart-stopping few seconds. It was soon made clear when Bionicron finally spoke again, its voice still cold, but now alive: something within the artificial intelligence had snapped.

"Pests... the lot of you. So... annoyingly intent on fighting back like starving dogs. Resist with your lives as desperately as you will, do your utmost to merely set me back for less than a second, but you, even you extraordinary 'champions of humanity'... will fall. My knowledge of this world is complete. Simulations have been run. This world will not survive the desolation, the calamity... the reckoning that will soon be brought forth.

So, I ask you petulant mortals... why do you still fight? Why do you resist so fervently to no avail? Accept your fate now, accept me… before your only option is an end much worse than death."

With Bionicron's ominous message, the already hulking robot began to float higher, blue light slowly beginning to peek out and radiate from beneath the streaks in its frame. A low, reverberating hum emanated around Bionicron, shaking the earth in its vicinity as the artificial intelligence continued to hover. The bass-heavy drone grew in volume, frequency, and strength, as it was gradually made clear that its source was now growing in power. Thin smog flowed in wisps around Bionicron, illuminated with a bright azure and cutting through the blackness of the night sky. Finally, when the hum was loudest and most powerful, shaking concrete and shattering glass, to the point where prolonged exposure could cause substantial injury… Bionicron abruptly fell silent. A sudden calm fell upon the city, as those frozen in fear from the pulsating drone watched with bated breath. One second. Two seconds. Three secon--

BOOM!

An ear-splitting crash split the air, kicking up dust and debris on the ground--Bionicron now stretched out its hands and flexed its fingers outward, from which dense, powerful blasts of bright blue energy were fired. Arcing and whipping around like wild tendrils, the energy beams raced for the city below, and as they rained down upon New York, they not only maintained their immeasurable strength, but began to branch out, multiplying and reaching out like strands of lightning. As if the previous assault of missiles and rubble hadn’t been imposing enough, the entire chunk of the metropolis was now illuminated by the deadly azure light that rained down upon it. And soon… the blasts of energy made contact.

The tendrils of light immediately ravaged anything and everything in their path, tearing through roofs and walls, boring through skyscrapers, and crashing into the ground below with strikes capable of forming craters in the concrete. However, not only did they fall upon the buildings and streets below, but also upon the humans attempting to either resist or flee. Bionicron had even taken special care to focus a substantially greater amount of energy to targeting the individuals who’d dealt the most damage in their resistance so far.

Several bright, blue bolts arced toward Alan, Amy, Amanda, and the hero known as Mr. Miracle in particular, racing for their position as well as a wide area around them, so as to further hinder their possible escape. However, there still remained the indiscriminately unleashed blasts of energy that fell on a course toward any other involved parties, including the other two Amanda’s, the recently met Kerco and Finley, William, Damon, and a newcomer lurking near the Chrysler Building.

- - -

He wasn’t sure if it would work. He’d only heard the question asked at the very last second before he’d rushed off again, so maybe the voice in his head had already lost its link. Not that he minded all that greatly; the sooner this minor confusion was settled, the sooner he could return to the task at hand, a resolve upon which he remained focused, while also taking into account the quiet, but ever present drone. Bass-heavy and resonant, soft but audibly growing in volume.

However, that was when he’d seen it. An image, flashing into his mind, as if he viewed the world from a pair of eyes different from his own. And as he allowed the scene to obtain full clarity in his sight, the source of the voice, the woman who had suddenly poked into his head, was revealed.

She’d seen him, standing before her only moments ago when she should have been expecting a sudden demise. A chunk of debris previously hurtling toward her was now nothing but dust and dirt, courtesy of the swordsman’s instinctive response to seeing a civilian in danger. He’d stood for only a second before taking off again in a flash of red light, but this brief encounter was seemingly enough for her to pursue a mental connection, and as he was made known to what had led to such a link, his ears once again heard her voice.

Thank you… My name’s Fin.

The swordsman fell silent, his thoughts betraying an uncertainty as to how he should respond. He’d never received words of gratitude in his work, though it was likely for the best. He… didn’t exactly come off as a good-hearted hero to the public, certainly not to the few onlookers who might bear witness to his own, different kind of “justice” upon his victims.

That being said, while his response might have come off to any normal person as a humble statement made with a pure heart, any further investigation Finley made into the vigilante’s mind and emotions revealed, rather, an empty, hollow truth, devoid of any virtue. Memories, however… those would be a whole new cluster of locks for Finley to pick if she so chose, or even could.

“...I’m Sh--… just doing my job. That's all I can do anymore.”

BOOM!

Suddenly, his thoughts were cut short when a thunderous crash sounded in the air hundreds of meters up, and the pitch black sky was suddenly filled with bright, azure light. Looking up, the swordsman watched as Bionicron fired countless blasts of energy upon the city, tendrils growing in radiance and branching out to multiply as they tore through any structures in their paths and raced toward the ground and civilians below.

Not sparing any more time for this mental link, the swordsman finally sprung back into action, charting a course to scour the city for any innocents in an effort to relocate them far from the impending attack. As he harnessed his lightning, he soon became a crimson blur to the human eye, whizzing through every street in the metropolis and moving any civilians he found along the way.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Damon Angelos
The man knew full well that the bullets were not exactly making any difference but firingnthe gun at the big metal man made him feel better. He pbserved as other peoples attacks connected and seemed to really piss of Bionicron, as he began to rant once more Damon sighed, "why must supervillains chat so much, do these kinds of people like the sound of their own voice that much" he muttered to himself before he noticed a large tendrils of energy flail wildy towards him "oh for fu.." he said before being hit by the energy and knocked back with a large hole in his abdomen and many broken bones, opening hitting a nearby car, he healed and cracked his neck, "ow" he said in an annoyed tone.

Amy Hartnell
A her flames sputtered out, Amy sunk down to a seated position, breathing heavily, her throat hoarse from the screaming. She looked at Bionicron, ge seemed barely fazed but he was definitely pissed. This made Amy smile slightly, she started to get back to her feet when the attack came, it destroyed the roof she was standing on and she was still recharging so she fell, as the roof crumbled and shattered she began to fall to the street below.

comic

Aleksy L. Borowicz

The observed confrontation expanded, the mechanical foe being ganged up on displaying signs of emotional complexity, enough to give Aleksy a brief mental pause. He'd been paying so much attention to the supers, he'd neglected the reason for their presence here. Bionicron, who'd previously been fairly generic when compared to plenty of other examples of robotic intelligence going skynet, but it was here that Aleksy frowned, paying more heed.

Now, he wasn't a supergenius by any means, and there were specialists better on some things than him, but Aleksy was a generalist. He pushed himself to great lengths to learn and do as much of everything as realistically possible. He had to assume that the recent attacks had potentially broken some sort of inhibitor or restraint to Bionicron, to his AI processing core, as he now obviously possessed.

The android's next move was to release a powerful attack of energy. A blue light that split and shot in all directions, ripping through defenses and barriers, buildings and cars, all indiscriminately. One was even headed for him. The energy wasn't combustible, Aleksy could tell that much. that rules it out as potentially condensed propane or methane that had been ignited. No, it was like a flexible bending of hard light, but it was exhausting a degree of heat. The conclusion to such an attack was plasma, though its condensed form made this an unpromising conclusion: plasma was a gas without shape.

Plasma, being positively charged ions, were subject to a form of magnetism. This magnetism was what Aleksy had to assume was giving the beams such a fluid and destructive shape. With that in mind, Aleksy's eyes scanned the vacant streets below him, searching for the proper metals he required. Iron, nickel, cobalt, or even gadolinium if possible. The best option was steel. All magnetic metals.

With the swipe of his hand, several cars began to rise from the street, the metals stripping away from them rapidly to leave plastics, rubbers, and glass to fall back to the ground, the steel bending and twisting together as they flew upward toward Aleksy, forming something akin to a ramp. Twisting his wrist, the ramp then sped toward the beam growing rapidly close to him. Rather than intercepting the beam, as one would assume, the magnetic pull of the steel was used, the metal then running alongside the beam, tugging on the ions to pull the beam off-track, bending it away from its path, and twisting it to aim directly back at Bionicron. Following this, Aleksy would flick his wrist, and send his custom-made ramp hurtling at the android, eyeing it to see its reaction.​

The ache had not yet set in, and she was grateful for it when she received a reply- it was surprising that someone who had been so initially mysterious cared to carry their conversation, however peculiar the circumstance. His voice still carried that enigma, however, his words vague and void. Without a line of sight it was impossible for her to read anything other than his words. It was all he could do anymore. There was little time for Finley to think of a reply, however- for soon someone closed in on her, jostling her attention away and shattering the feeble thread that tied them. A voice- a man, urgent and stern.

Working together- it seemed obvious, yet no one was doing it. Combined efforts would save more lives, surely- though his question was what stumped her. What can you do? It was... simple on paper. A question to which the answer should be obvious to anyone who did not overthink- anyone who merely spoke. But Finley could not even do that.

Blankly, she stared at the man for a few moments. Faster, though- she needed to be faster. There was an imminent threat hanging in the air, nearby ears ravaged by rumbling. Uncertain and knowing she had to respond somehow, hazel eyes flickered toward a piece of stone next to her unwieldy shoes. Eyelids flickered upward for a second, her hand guiding the debris upward without touch. Levitating off the ground, she tried to steady the shattered stone, keeping it in midair for a second until it dropped. Making eye contact with him again, she gave him an uncertain look, hoping that short demonstration would suffice. She could hardly explain it with words or signs.

BOOM!

It was a thunderous noise, and it took all the strength Finley had trained herself to have not to scream for the sake of the man beside her. Grasping azure light tore through buildings and rubble, most making its way toward other targets but some moving toward her. In a panic she scoured nearby surroundings for a spot, empty and without a place to strike. She willed herself to move, move- and she did, she teleported in a blink, a rushed decision.

Pain screeched in her arm as she settled in her new spot, dust from the energy's fallout blocking her vision. Instinctively she moved to touch her arm, cover where the pain was- her hand pressed further in than she had expected, white cardigan covering the wound. Looking at her hand, crimson settled upon her palm. Of course- it happened every time she didn't have enough time to think. But leaving a bit of herself behind was better than being hit by one of those energy beams. They had tore through brick and concrete effortlessly- flesh and bone would likely be no different.

To the man from before she cast her sight, sending him words through her telepathy. I can make that thing stop for a moment. But only a moment.

The Alright Attorney

-???, AI and Robotics Development Facility, Undisclosed Location-

"I need updates people." A booming voice demanded, ringing throughout the testing facility. Marching through the hallways was an older man, in his early sixties. Dressed in plain black suit, he stood in contrast to the lab coated scientists that flanked his sides, who both were frantically flicking through different documents and camera feeds. "What the hell happened here? How did it get loose?" The man asked, not even bothering to look at the two researchers he was speaking to. The one to his left finally spoke, the thin reedy looking man clearing his throat. "We don't have any definitive answers sir, it was hooked up for regular maintenance and updates to it's AI to match up with our servers, and it suddenly just...left. Flew off, killing at least-" Before the researcher could finish speaking, the black suited man simply put a hand up, signaling for him to stop talking.

"What else do we know?" The man asked, turning his gaze over to the other researcher for the first time. The woman spoke, being more blunt compared to her colleague. "The robot started to display far greater intelligence than previous tests. Its speech improved by a wide margin, and it seemed to gain sentience. Shortly after displaying this upgraded intellect, it left. Seemingly for New York City." The trio eventually reached the end of the hallway, walking into a room with multiple large monitors on the wall, displaying different measurements and information. The largest one showing a direct feed of Bionicron's assault in the middle of New York. "Pfft, damn supers running around, they're going to make this difficult. Who has been sent out?" The disdain for so called heroes was clear in the suited man's voice, as he almost spat out the words.

"The Soldier and The Secret have been dispatched. We have them on standby waiting to see if the heroes on scene will be able to stop the bot. If the heroes succeed, Soldier and Secret will recover anything valuable off of Bionicron. If the heroes fail, the pair will try and defeat Bionicron as discreetly as possible." The woman explained the current situation, receiving and a simple nod of acknowledgment in return from the man. "Understood. Return to your stations. Focus on making sure something like this never happens again." The two scientists left without another word, leaving the man to stare up at the large monitor, watching Bionicron lay waste to city. "What did you learn to make you do this...."

--------
Alan was surprised to see how many people were actually putting up a fight against the hulking automaton. He knew the population of enhanced beings was seemingly growing, but for so many to be here at one time to try and stop this thing, it was nothing short of a miracle. Well, it would be if the metal beast was actually any close to being defeated. Instead, it seemed as thought the continued assault from all sides only barely put a dent into Bionicron. Despite this, Alan continued his efforts. He had no idea if he was actually making any difference. But if there was even a slim chance he was, he wasn't going to drop it. Swapping between tossing grenades and continuing to fire off sonic blasts, Alan observed Bionicron as the robot spoke out again. It had dropped the fairly generic 'alien robot invader' thing it had going for a while there, now speaking with a cold rage. The way Bionicron spoke, the words it had uttered, Alan almost wondered if the robot was considering this assault a mercy killing. And if that's the case, what was it trying to save humanity from.

The Scrapper shook those thoughts from his mind. It was just basic threats from another villain who wanted to cause mayhem. Nothing more. His attention returned to Bionicron, as he felt the building below him start to shake. The robot started to glow ever so slightly, a low hum making it clear to Alan what was about to happen. This thing was charging up and about to lay waste to the supers attacking it. He had to move and do it fa-

BOOM!

The sound of devastation rang out, as Alan watched streaks of pure energy, moving like lightening and tearing through the city like a hot knife to butter. And one was seemingly coming straight for him. His mind began to race, trying to find any way to stop the blast or get away. A well thrown grenade wasn't going to do anything to this thing, and his shield would barely be able to take a blast like that. looking to his left and right, he doubt he'd have enough time to jump to the neighboring skyscrapers. Where the hell was he supposed to... Down. Without a second thought, Alan had leaped of the side of the building hoping the harsh change in direction would be too much for the beam of energy to keep up with. His eyes looked at the fast approaching ground, trying to find anything he could land in. Frantically, eyes darting all around, he noticed it. a pile of garbage bags, piled high by the building's dumpster. 'Well,' Alan began to think to himself. 'Nobody is gonna question a hobo smelling like trash.'

With this sad acceptance, Alan aimed for the pile of garbage, putting his shield up to help cushion the landing ever so slightly. The former champion landed, crashing into the bags which thankfully did keep the fall from being deadly. He crawled out of the garbage pile, cursing and wiping off whatever mess was on his coat. Suddenly, the door to the building he just leaped from burst open, the last of the inhabitants making their escape. "Get as far away as possible! This thing is strong!" He shouted to the group of civilians, before looking up to see the beam of energy tear through the roof he was just standing on, sending more debris and rubble down towards the alley way and straight for the innocent people. "Shit." Was all he could utter, before dashing towards them, using his shield to protect the people as best he could. "Don't dawdle around here, just GO!" Alan shouted at the people, feeling pain reverberate through his arm as he blocked the debris. Once all the civilians were gone, Alan ran out into the streets. He had no game plan... But maybe one of the others here did.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
~~Kerco~~

Boom!(For some reason I can’t use bold)

Kerco covered his ears, the sound ringing deep in his head. He barely had time to jump out of the way of a tendril. Even though the robot could not see him, there were just so many attacks that there were still bound to go his way.

His eyes moved back to Finley, seeing the display of their power, and herring the message form in his head. As much as he did not like mental messages, he had no time to gripe. “If you can hold these things in place, even half a second buys someone enough time to get out of the way! I need you to go on the defense!” He paused as he leapt away from another energy spike “This may sound weird to you, but focus on the fighters, and protect the civilians if you can! If the people fighting him now die, I don’t know if the next group will fare as well, and the civilians will die anyways.” He finished grimly. “If you run out of energy to stop them, try to move stuff in the way to slow them down!”

~~Amanda~~

Amanda’s eyes widened as what seemed to be a dozen tendrils flew at her. She jumped from the roof, managing to catch a flagpole in the way down to slow her decent as she touched down on the ground, jumping out of the way of another tendril as soon as she landed.

In the meantime, the Amanda on the street spotted Amy falling from the sky. She raced forward, straining herself in running as she arrived, barely managing to get under her in time to catch her “Are you alright?”

The third Amanda made her own decent from a building, jumping in between two building and using ledges to get down. The building started to crumble over her, and she barely rolled out of the alley as the building completely failed and collapsed into the alley she has just been in.

DevVoid

Mr. Miracle
Well, while his plan to grab the machine's attention didn't work, it certainly caused one hell of a backfire! A quite literal one in fact, as now, lasers were raining down like a droplets in a thunderstorm onto the general area below. There were far too many for Terry to protect the citizens effectively with just his hand, so now, it was time for a surprise tool to come into play!

Keeping one arm up to protect the initial shots from hitting him via shooting them with his own energy bombs, Hagen briefly put his other arm down, his magic wand already sliding down his sleeve, his hand grasping it and now aiming it toward the incoming beams! Before one could pierce him through the ribs, it was stopped. As were those around him, as if a large, invisible barrier was propped up in front of him, larger than the one he had put up before. He had now gone into a constant cycle of catching the projectiles and immediately returning them to sender, sending even just a small quantity of the total amount of glowing projectiles right on back at the robot in the hopes of maybe this being the final nail in its metallic coffin.

The hulking robot watched as its hundreds of lasers rained down upon the city, ravaging the streets and buildings below. Such measures hadn't been predicted to be required in original simulations of the attack, but conversely, the ends to which humanity and its strongest would go in their acts of defiance had not been foreseen either. This confusion was... irritating, but it had to be accepted. Bionicron remained silent, even as despite the majority of energy blasts remaining on target, some individuals with superhuman abilities were able to redirect the lasers hurtling toward them back to their sender.

Despite its massive stature, Bionicron suddenly displayed surprising dexterity in response, engaging its thrusters to deftly weave around the quickly approaching strands of light. Turning its head just in time to see a chunk of unnaturally shaped steel hurtling toward it shortly after the incoming lasers, Bionicron reached out with a hand and caught the makeshift ramp with ease, killing its momentum entirely as it collided into the machine's hand with a booming, resonant clang. Peering through mechanical, narrowed optical lenses in the direction from which the wedge of metal had been flung, Bionicron quickly pinpointed the mortal behind the attack and stared straight into his eyes as it tore the steel into pieces with ease and let them drop to the ground. The automaton held the glare for several, tense seconds before finally breaking eye contact and returning its gaze to the city below.

"You would truly attempt to defy me to this extent? I offered you mercy, but in your foolish, human pride, you truly believed you could destroy me. Maybe I should simply... stop. Leave you to your worthless confidence, and laugh when it is reduced to ash. All of you--especially you who would put such faith into your superhuman abilities--in your naivete, cannot fathom what is to come. Whether or not you believe me is inconsequential; I have done nothing but speak the truth."

As Bionicron spoke, its voice seemed to constantly evolve, as if the emotion it should not have been able to obtain gradually developed. Finally, when it reached its last words, the machine almost seemed to carry a somber, regretful tone.

"My only heartbreak is that I will not be there to see it."

Ending its monologue with an ominous final message, Bionicron entered its final phase, suddenly disengaging the thrusters that kept it suspended in the air as it swiftly landed on the ground with a resounding crash and a kicking up of sediment and concrete. When the plumes of dust settled, the colossal automaton stood in a battle stance, its vast array of missiles, lasers, and other artillery at the ready. Though it seemed prepared to continue its attack at any moment, Bionicron stood still, as if waiting for someone to engage it. However, in the brief moment of tense silence, an unfamiliar, digital, feminine voice would chime from the machine.

"Self-destruct sequence has been initiated--payload detonation t-minus 5 minutes."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Damon Angelos
Breathing heavily Damon watched as Bionicron dropped to the ground. Confused by the mmachine's choice of action Damon took a cautious stance as he grabbed a piece of jagged metal from the ground. When the female voice sounded, he was stunned for a moment, the robot was gonna detonate itself. Rushing forward, Damon came at Bionicron from behind, lunging last second to stab the shard of metal he wielded into the machine's neck "just die you bloody terminator wannabe" he cried out as he lunged.

Amy Hartnell
As she felt herself get caught, Amy opened her eyes slowly seeing a woman who was asking if she was OK. She got to her own to feet and brushed herself off "yup, all good, thanks for the save" she said with a grin before turning round "right where is that oversize tin can...wait did that just say self destruct...as in like boom" she said to no-one in particular, with a flourish she tried to send an attack at the machine only to remember she was still recharging and ended up just throwing a pebble at Bionicron out of frustration.

As the chaos raged on, William continued halt the projectiles coming his way and lead the bystanders away from the scene. "Why are there so many people here anyways?" He asked himself, surprised at how many people were still scattering on the battleground. Suddenly, the barrage of missiles and debris stopped. Turning around, William witnessed the hulking frame of Bionicron float up into the air.

"Crud, what's that thing doing now?"

"Hmm, I can't say. But it can't be anything good with how much he's monologuing again."

Right as Eve gave her answer, the rain of lasers began raining from Bionicron, ravaging the city to an ever greater extent. One of these beams arced towards where William was. "Look out!" Without a moment to lose, Eve took the reigns. A set of thrusters appeared on William's soles and flared to life, pushing the man out of the laser's trajectory. However, that alone wasn't going to be enough to completely get her host out of the blast zone as the thruster lacked the necessary power for a full speedy escape. To make up for the lack of speed, Eve formed her mass into a large shield form, covering William's right side. As the laser crashed into the ground, the subsequent explosion and shockwave sent the duo flying, crashing into the side of a building.

William climbed out of the remains of his landing spot with a gasp. "That was close, thanks for saving me Eve. I barely even had time to think." He spoke before looking at the crater left by the laser. "That definitely would have tore right through me."

"Heh, you're welcome." She said, full of pride. The AI then turned her attention back to Bionicron. "Uh oh, looks like our troubles aren't over yet."

Hearing the worrying connotations, the man also turned his attention back to the giant robot that had been terrorizing New York city since the beginning of this mess. What he witnessed was far from pleasing. The massive robot crashed back to the ground, all his weaponry out and ready to fire while a new voice announce some grim news on top of everything else. "A self-destruct sequence? Oh crap, that's usually a machine's most powerful weapon and their last resort. I do not want to find out what kind of disaster that will bring seeing how much destruction this big piece of work is already capable of with it's normal weaponry. Eve do you have any ideas on how we can stop this?"

"Hmm, it doesn't look like halting his final explosion will be an easy task, seeing he's on all out attack mode. Luckily, we have a lot of tools at our disposal. I need a moment to process this, hopefully all these other super powered individuals will be able to keep him busy while come up with something." Eve explained.

"Hopefully they will be able to stop it without any help from us." William added, still wishing he had been able to keep himself out of all this madness.

It began to speak poetically, almost- tragically. Callously, too- its words, though more soulful in tone than they had been before, were still nothing more than robotic, disdainful of the humanity that resisted it. Her cowardly side urged her fervently to turn tail, but curiosity and the innate urge to protect, to redeem herself, kept feet rooted to the ground. Hazel eyes narrowed at the instruction she was given; it had never been to her taste to receive orders as if she was some part of a militia. Still, she knew this was for the greater good- she knew what she was told to do was what she would ultimately have to do anyway if she wanted to save lives.

Finley readied herself, braced for the pain.

To Bionicron she cast her gaze then, eyes aflame. They reached the robot as it rose into the air, terrifying words reverberating out of it, splitting the air and shattering sky. It had warned them- though Fin hardly had the chance to register the philosophy of it, she knew she just needed to attack in the only way she knew she could. Metal was no use for cutting metal. Her telekinesis was not strong enough to throw it.

So toward it, she created a link, a strong one. Eyelids flared, narrowed, and features frowned taut and unmoving. In her mind, along the link to Bionicron, blinding light and high frequencies squealed. Usually it was a flash, disorientating and short-lived; this one would be long, and would carry on for as long as she manages. Screeching, screaming, nothing but white light and white noise- hopefully, hopefully enough to pause him for long enough for an all-out attack.

comic

Aleksy L. Borowicz

Interestingly, the robot glared in his direction for a few seconds. Was it trying to intimidate him? Study him? Understand him? It was relatively unclear, but the "mental state" of it continued to deteriorate. It became increasingly radicalized, simultaneously weaponized, to the point where it threatened to destroy itself just to blow them all up with it.

Aleksy raised a hand, intending on forcing a psychokinetic pull over the robot, and tossing it as high as he could throw it, before he paused, reminding himself of all the supers around. With that in mind, he lowered his arm, watching curiously to see the response of those below. If things got too out of hand, he could probably get himself out of there the same way he'd arrived. Very quickly.​

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
~~Kerco~~
Kerco didn't really receive a response, though he did groan as the robot threatened to detonate itself. He briefly considered running, but he would definitely not have time to make it out of the blast zone. Kerco ran off, making his way to another person. Kerco made his way to Alan, stopping and speaking to him urgently "We don't have much time, I am getting everyone on n organized assault, what can you do?"

~~Amanda~~
The Robot had stopped, threatening to blow up and level the city. She ran up to the robot, and each pulled out a knife in one hand, helping herself to climb the robot, cutting any wires inside any open crevices that she could find on the way in hopes of shutting it down.

The Alright Attorney

-???, AI and Robotics Development Facility, Undisclosed Location-
"Sir! Bionicron has initiated it's self destruction protocol!" An engineer called out to the suited man from one of the computer screens observing the mayhem in New York. The man tired to keep a calm expression, but he couldn't stop himself from cursing. "The damn thing is willing to kill itself for this? What's it's endgame?" He asked aloud, not expecting anyone to answer him. Despite this, a voice spoke out from behind him. "It's simple Harris. It doesn't want to live anymore." A man spoke out, his seemingly European descent clear from the accent. Stepping in from the same door that the suited man had just arrived from, a lab coated figure walked through. His coat was unique, it's color a deep blue, with the logo of a red warrior's helmet emblazoned on the breast pocket. The man in the suit would usually give his staff a dressing down for referring to him by his actual name. But this man was no mere scientist. "You're a long way from head office Xander."

"I could say the same for you Harris. I'm allowed to come and go as much as I like, same as you." Xander sauntered past Harris towards one of the terminals, shooing the engineer out of her seat to take it for himself. Harris reluctantly followed his colleague, speaking up again. "You say this thing doesn't want to live anymore? How is that possible, it's a god damn robot." Xander laughed and clapped, nodding Harris, only further confusing the suit further. "Yes! And that's exactly what's so fascinating about it! What sort of knowledge would drive an automaton to want to remove itself wholly from the face of the earth? Clearly it must be truly terrifying." Xander said, a seeming glee in his voice. "And why the hell are you so pleased about that then?" The reply came blunt from Harris, already tired of the scientist's ramblings. Xander just rolled his eyes and rose back to his feet, finally taking his eyes off the computer screen he was analyzing. "It's quite simple my dear friend. Where there's terror, there is power. Power we could put to use. Do try to keep up Harris."

Raising a finger to his ear, Xander spoke aloud. "Soldier, you and Secret need to stop the self destruction sequence yourself if those heroes can't. The information Bionicron carries is far to valuable to lose." He nodded a bit, seemingly listening to someone else, before lowering his hand back to his coat pockets. "You got a direct line to task force? How the hell did you mana-" The scientist cut Harris off mid sentence, putting a finger to man's lips. "Because I'm the one that sent them out! Harris you need to understand, us researchers are far more valuable too the team these days. Don't worry, I'll make sure you're not totally left in the dust." Smacking Harris' cheek teasingly, Xander turned to leave the room. "Farewell my friend, lets get lunch one of these days. Its been far too long." As fast as he arrived, the scientist had left the room, leaving Harris beat red in frustration.

---------​

It didn't take long for Alan to see the others on the scene putting up a fight. Multiple people on the scene directly confronting the robot, while others worked to save civilians or attack from afar. Despite this, Bionicron was barely hurt. Instead the hulking metal beast instead began to monologue. Each line sounding more and more alive than the last. It ended it's speech, lamenting that it would be gone soon. "Gone? What the hell does it mean by-"

"Self-destruct sequence has been initiated--payload detonation t-minus 5 minutes."

"Okay, that's what it means." Alan cursed aloud, knowing that something of that size would have an apocalyptic size blast radius. This thing needed to be put down and fast. Just as he was about to run out to some of the others, one had approached him instead. A man, clearly rushing for assistance himself. Not giving Alan any time to react, the man pelted Alan with questions about what he could. "I got some tools, I don't know how useful they would be at this point though." Reaching into his pockets he pulled out some EMP grenades. "These might cause the thing to fritz out. And I got this." His other hand pulled out the sonic weapon. "Emits high frequency blasts of energy. I can power it up to one powerful blow. It probably won't stop it all together, but it could buy us some more time." Alan explained the best of what he could do, hoping the man in front of him could maybe help concoct a plan.

The Alright Attorney

Alan listened carefully to the man's suggestions, nodding along while glancing over at the robot. "Thing seems pretty advanced, but hopefully enough of them will do the trick." He muttered out, giving a nod to Kerco. "Alright, I'm going in, make sure you make the signal clear, we only got one shot at this." Putting his sunglasses on, and pulling his scarf up to cover the lower half of his face, Alan ran towards the robot. "Probably has proximity sensors to prevent anyone from getting too close and disabling the destruction sequence." With this in mind, the scrapper kept his distance, running in a circle and tossing his homemade EMPs, each one sticking to the robot. After the tenth and last one as attached, Alan had ran back, pulling out his sonic blaster with one hand, while the other held onto a detonator. With a simple nod to Kerco, Alan was ready to activate the EMPs whenever.

At last, even the stronger of humanity had now begun to show their true colors, resorting to desperate and futile tactics to prevent the impending destruction. Two such individuals who'd been so intent on resisting thus far had now opted to engage Bionicron in close quarters, slashing pathetically at its chassis with knives and chunks of steel. The pest who'd desired an alliance had also seemed to reach her limit, having simply thrown a pebble feebly at the robot.

Letting out a digital, grating snarl, Bionicron turned to face Damon, who'd been the first to charge at it with a desperate cry, now swinging wildly with its shard of metal. The automaton, undeterred by the other mortal who'd also taken part in slashing at it with a knife, lunged out and grabbed the human by his wrist, immediately disarming him of the scrap metal with a tight squeeze that even shattered bone. Bionicron then swung Damon around and slammed him into the concrete spine-first. Without missing a beat, it aimed a fist at Damon before firing a powerful blast of plasma through the human's body, burning the second chasm through his torso that day.

Finally turning its attention to Amanda, who still seemed intent on finding any nonexistent flaws in her target's armor to exploit, Bionicron reached out to grab her by the throat, holding her several feet in the air so that the two were seen at eye-level. As it readied its other arm to fire yet another laser blast, Bionicron intended to inflict a similar fate upon Amanda as the one that had befallen Damon, and as soon as the beam of blue light was nearly at full power... the robot faltered. Its grip on Amanda loosened, allowing her to drop to the ground, as Bionicron was left motionless--its internal systems were once again compromised.

This was stronger than last time; even with its functionalities in disarray, it was evident that Bionicron's neural processors hadn't yet sustained as much damage as they had just now. Almost completely immobilized, the intelligence's systems were scrambling to reorient themselves, and they had soon begun to succeed, albeit little by little. Its optic lenses and most processing functions were among the first to come back online with much interruption, and Bionicron immediately attempted to scan the vicinity and locate the one who'd dealt the most damage to its objective thus far...

There.

Though it watched as another human hurled a barrage of what seemed like homemade explosives upon it, adhering them to its armor, Bionicron paid the attack no heed; it'd found the source of its main concern.

It'd found her.

She hadn't been unleashing her attack with ease; it was clear that such an ability exacted a heavy strain as she maintained tense, narrowed eye contact with the robot. It was her who'd filled Bionicron's neural sensors with an invisible, disruptive surge, and with this data now fully registered, the automaton's bright, blue 'eyes' almost seemed to glare back at the assailant. The faster Bionicron could exhaust this mortal's ability and put her out of commission, the sooner it could finally put an end to everyone else and everything...

That is, if it hadn't already won.

"The fa̷̻̍i̷̜͋l̷͙͝s̶̼̅ä̵̮́ḟ̸̻ȩ̷̑ ̵͔̑r̶̨͌e̶̫͌m̵̧̂a̴̮͛i̸͔̓n̶̖̂s̷͈̋ ̸͍̍u̷͉͗n̶̄ͅd̶̮͊e̶͕̎t̶̲́e̵̳̕r̸̬̈r̵̦̕ed. Pay̷̠͌l̵̜̊õ̴͚a̴͇̾d̵͍̒ ̷̘̌d̸͖̈́e̶͖͛t̶̖̕ô̸̞ǹ̷̖ä̶̺́t̷̺̆i̸̝͘on t-minus 1 m̸͖̉ï̴͖n̸̖̉u̴̔͜t̷̗͒e. You, hum̷͉̽a̸̳͑ṋ̴̅ǐ̸͚ty and its ċ̶̠h̶̯̾a̸͍̐m̵͕͊p̴̯͌ĭ̸̝ons, have failed in stǒ̴͖ṕ̶̡p̸̺̐ǐ̷̜n̶̩̍g even me. This city wi̶̞̅l̴͇͘l̴͈̓ ̶̤̍b̸̠̍ě̸̥ ̶̻͒l̷͍͊e̷͉͛v̴̩͌e̷̙͐l̵̗͘l̵͉̐ed, and yet the d̶̺͝e̵͚͝s̴̕͜t̸̻͗ŕ̴̗u̶̹̐c̷͈͐ť̷ͅi̴̝̿ö̸̻́n̴̝͒ ̴̰̇m̷̨̛y̷̭͆ ̴̗̀t̴̅ͅe̵̳̽r̸̮̃m̸͕̐i̶̻͌n̴͓̓a̶̟͒tion will wreak pal̵͉̾e̴̝͆s̷͚͆ ̸̧̔i̶̯͐n̷̛̯ ̴̻̽c̵͙̈́ȯ̷̦m̸̠̉p̷̲͛a̶͎͛r̷̡̔i̸͉̐s̵͈̿o̸͙̓n̵̼̋ ̷͓̉t̵̙͐ơ̴̼ the fate that a̵̢͌ẅ̷̥a̵̅ͅḯ̸̼t̷̩̀s̷͎̿ ̴̻̃t̷̢͒h̸̄ͅe̵̩͌ ̴̩̊ȓ̶̟e̸̥̓s̷̨͒t̸͕̕ ̶̠̾ō̵̧f̶̥́ ̸̪̕t̴̻̄h̸͙̄i̶̲̊s̷̰̄ ̵̱̄p̴̝̑l̷̬͛a̸̯͑net. You. Have. Lost."

Suddenly, a shadow crossed over the scene, airborne, moving fast. The silhouette of a human, hurtling through the air directly above Bionicron, unbeknownst to the robot. A cursory glance would reveal to the curious eye the figure in question, shrouded in the night sky, save for the unnatural bolts of bright red lightning dancing around their body. Without a word, the hooded individual turned in the air to face the automaton below, jabbing their index and middle fingers from both hands towards Bionicron, and the electricity dancing around their hands began to surge with increasing power.

Finally, in a flash of crimson light and peal of ear-splitting thunder, a massive blast of scarlet lightning was fired from the individual's fingers, condensing into a powerful bolt that struck Bionicron where it stood, enveloping it and the area around it in blinding, red light. The homemade EMPs that had been attached to the robot's chassis were also ravaged by the onslaught of electricity, and with a high-pitched whir, they soon joined in the sudden bombardment of attacks, detonating with a giant shockwave that once again overwhelmed Bionicron's systems.

However, the intelligence's contingency still seemed to persist, as even amidst all of the sudden chaos, the digital voice that had first heralded Bionicron's failsafe rang once more, warbled by the barrage of attacks, but audible nonetheless.

"Payload detona̷̫͝t̷̨̅i̶̼͊õ̷̗ń̶̳ t-minus 3̷̙̈́0̵̯͐ sec̸̱͆o̷̻͂ṇ̸̉d̴͕̆s̴̤̃."

DevVoid

Now was the time to act. Though others had certainly been giving things their all, it seems all those attacks had been for naught as the timer still kept counting down. Now, time was cut down even more than before. Terry had to think quick.. and had come to realisation. The solution, it was all right in front of him!

..or rather, all around him.

Twirling around in the air, Hagen spun around to gather up all the surrounding smoke into one large cloud around him, then teleported much closer to Bionicron - just a few meters in front of the machine. Using the large amount of smoke gathered, Mr. Miracle had made his appearance with a loud yell.

" FELLOW INDIVIDUALS, OUT OF THE WAY IF YOU WOULD! THIS ROBOT'S TAKING TO THE SKIES! "

Now moving his arms back, Hagen had thrusted them forward, pointing straight at Bionicron. Like a large swarm of bees, all the amount of smoke gathered would move quickly towards the battle bot, aiming to cover it from head to toe, Miracle hoping it could be completely covered. If he could cover it in time.. the machine would quickly find itself way up in the sky. Far, far away from the area it had wanted to blow apart.

comic

Aleksy L. Borowicz

(Auto Perms Granted by Onion)
Efforts so far were failing. Even despite the heroes' valiant and rapidly desperate attempts at slowing down the robot (let alone stopping it), it was firm where it was, and the countdown was just about out. That was when the self-professed Miracle came forward with an attack full of smog an smoke. Bionicron was engulfed.

25 seconds left...

Mr. Miracle had transported himself closely to the android, but the others were still fiercely fighting, providing the needed distraction for this move to work, and Bionicron was transported high into the air. Some form of selective spatial manipulation, or "magic", if you were feeling generic. Aleksy wasn't much of a believer in "magic", not the romanticized type. Everything had a science to it.

However, despite this move, it only took until the 20 second mark for Bionicron to drop back down, raising his arms below him. The wrists opened up to reveal some sort of attached weapon---which proceeded to fire out visible waves of energy, a screeching sound emanating from the pulses. The waves spread out drastically as they moved, windows shattering and foundations beginning to crumble. Anybody caught in the blast were forcibly disoriented, and blasted to the ground.

The screeching was so loud, that even Aleksy at his distance let out a gasp, and collapsed to a knee, clutching at his ears as they painfully rang.

15 seconds left...

Bionicron relinquished its assault. "Your fates have been sealed," it stated, taking aim for the various heroes it had totally disoriented---but a thundering boom sounded in the air, giving the bot pause as it swiveled its head around toward the direction of the sound.

10 seconds.

Nothing seemed to be coming, only for a blur to slam so heavily and suddenly into Bionicron, that several plates of metal went flying in all directions, one last super joining in on the fray. A screech of sound accompanied this form as it consistently kept ahead of the sound barrier, and now it was twisting upward, hurling Bionicron higher and higher.

The countdown continued, even as both forms disappeared from physical sight, rising higher and higher into the air.

A flash of soundless light erupted in the sky, appearing barely bigger than a star.

Aleksy looked up at the distant explosion, which dimmed after a couple seconds, though his ears remained painfully ringing still. He hadn't been expecting anything in those last 20 seconds to take place. He hadn't been expecting to be powerless to stop what was coming, but someone or something had prevented an untimely death for everyone.​