• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Percy Jackson: Age of Gods (Discussion)

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
As far as I can tell, only 5 people are still willing to continue the RP (including me). I exclude them here and focus on the rest of you. @|Bread| @tokkiyo @Your-Friday-Filet @SylvitheSylveon @Cmeriwether are you all still willing to continue?
I'm willing to continue the RP. I'm so sorry for disappearing for a few days, I was super busy with holiday party planning and things regarding the holidays. But I'll post a reply to the RP as soon as possible! Once again I'm so sorry for disappearing without prior notice.

[Candy]

Previously Applebutter
I love the Percy Jackson series! I’ll definitely join!

Here’s a Bio if a can:
Name: Lyric Barlow
Sexuality: Pansexual
Godly parent: Ares
Appearance: Lyric definitely try’s to adopt to a more emo look. Though he try’s but never exactly succeeds, he is very sad about it. He stands at about 5’11 with black messy hair and green eyes. His skin is pale and overwhelming looks like a ghost in the sunlight. He wears chain earrings almost not all the time, he only takes them off when he’s not in a fighting mood (he’s a child of Ares, you think that gonna happen?). His jeans are dark blue and ripped in the knees, blue shoes and a baggy black shirt with lighter grey sleeves. His Camp Half Blood outfit is slightly like his caudal expect it contains an orange Camp Half Blood shirt and lighter blue jeans still with holes.
Personality: Despite his obsession with trying to be emo. He is very joyful and happy-go-lucky. Though he may be called a Vlacas because of his stubbornness and acting like a bag of rocks, he is truly loving. Lyric can be both stubborn and comforting. This seems like he is split in personality. (Working on more-)
Backstory: TBA
Weapon: Lyric uses a bent sword, that is slightly smaller than the normal sword. It may not increase his reach but it makes up for in less weight.
Magical abilities:
• Pyrokinesis (Usually through his hands)
• Healing
• He has a skill for strategy.
• Super Strength
Other: Vlacas

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
You guys still accepting new folks into this? I remember a similar PJO RP a while back that didn't really take off the ground, so I'd love to join this one and see where it goes.
Oh it’s the same RP, just rebooted. It’s kinda dead now (mostly because I’ve neglected my duties as an owner) but if people are still up for continuing, I don’t see why we can’t revive it

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Decided to repurpose my character from the original RP, as I was struggling to come up with a proper idea, and I had grown attached to the original guy admittedly.

Name: Ian Dennison

Sexuality: Bisexual

Godly parent: Apollo

Appearance: Ian looks like your standard teenager, standing at around six feet. He has a fairly slim build, not being too big with fat or muscle, having a more lean, fit figure. He has short, neatly trimmed brown hair, matched with a slight stubble he started to grow. He has light green eyes that sit behind a pair of black glasses. His usual attire consists of black jeans with work boots, a graphic tee that usually has a design from any of the various things hes a fan of, an orange hoodless sweater that on the front bears the image of a laurel wreath, while the back has the Camp Halfblood logo.

Personality: Ian is a sort of mixed bag. He is exterenly friendly and kind to those around him, doing whatever he can to help who he considers friends. He tries to see the best in people and always put his best foot forward when introducing himself. But when he can tell he won't like someone, or they've been outright rude or harmful to him or his friends, he will get exteremly cynical and sarcastic with them.

Backstory: Will go into detail during the RP. Only thing to make note is that he disrespects his father greatly, wanting to seperate himself from the God's image as much as possible.

Weapon: A fairly simple silver staff. It only has one real ability and that is to change into another weapon, a bow thats crafted to look like his father's. He doesn't use it in it's bow form often, not wanting to take after his father. The dual weapon is disgusied as Ian's glasses, and if he ever does use his bow, he has arrows that disguise themselves as pencils in the backpack he has at all times.

Magical abilities: Being the son of the Archery God, Ian's eyesight is amazing. He's able to shoot a bow, or any other weapon, with extreme accuracy. Also taking after his father, Ian has the ability to heal others, or inflict them with the pain of a disease for a short time. The only drawback is that he needs to be touching the other person's skin with his hand, and even when he does, the power takes a lot of energy out of him, and he won't be able to use it again for sometime.

Other: When annoyed he can often be heard muttering "vlacas"

My apologies for the delay. There’s a lot on my mind.

I love the Percy Jackson series! I’ll definitely join!

Here’s a Bio if a can:
Name: Lyric Barlow
Sexuality: Pansexual
Godly parent: Ares
Appearance: Lyric definitely try’s to adopt to a more emo look. Though he try’s but never exactly succeeds, he is very sad about it. He stands at about 5’11 with black messy hair and green eyes. His skin is pale and overwhelming looks like a ghost in the sunlight. He wears chain earrings almost not all the time, he only takes them off when he’s not in a fighting mood (he’s a child of Ares, you think that gonna happen?). His jeans are dark blue and ripped in the knees, blue shoes and a baggy black shirt with lighter grey sleeves. His Camp Half Blood outfit is slightly like his caudal expect it contains an orange Camp Half Blood shirt and lighter blue jeans still with holes.
Personality: Despite his obsession with trying to be emo. He is very joyful and happy-go-lucky. Though he may be called a Vlacas because of his stubbornness and acting like a bag of rocks, he is truly loving. Lyric can be both stubborn and comforting. This seems like he is split in personality. (Working on more-)
Backstory: TBA
Weapon: Lyric uses a bent sword, that is slightly smaller than the normal sword. It may not increase his reach but it makes up for in less weight.
Magical abilities:
• Pyrokinesis (Usually through his hands)
• Healing
• He has a skill for strategy.
• Super Strength
Other: Vlacas
I’m sorry I didn’t get to this sooner. I have never heard of an Ares kid having pyrokinesis. Only Hephaestus’ children have that and even then it’s like once every millennium. If you’re still willing to join I would like you to change that. You can always have something else that a child of Ares can have.

Decided to repurpose my character from the original RP, as I was struggling to come up with a proper idea, and I had grown attached to the original guy admittedly.

Name: Ian Dennison

Sexuality: Bisexual

Godly parent: Apollo

Appearance: Ian looks like your standard teenager, standing at around six feet. He has a fairly slim build, not being too big with fat or muscle, having a more lean, fit figure. He has short, neatly trimmed brown hair, matched with a slight stubble he started to grow. He has light green eyes that sit behind a pair of black glasses. His usual attire consists of black jeans with work boots, a graphic tee that usually has a design from any of the various things hes a fan of, an orange hoodless sweater that on the front bears the image of a laurel wreath, while the back has the Camp Halfblood logo.

Personality: Ian is a sort of mixed bag. He is exterenly friendly and kind to those around him, doing whatever he can to help who he considers friends. He tries to see the best in people and always put his best foot forward when introducing himself. But when he can tell he won't like someone, or they've been outright rude or harmful to him or his friends, he will get exteremly cynical and sarcastic with them.

Backstory: Will go into detail during the RP. Only thing to make note is that he disrespects his father greatly, wanting to seperate himself from the God's image as much as possible.

Weapon: A fairly simple silver staff. It only has one real ability and that is to change into another weapon, a bow thats crafted to look like his father's. He doesn't use it in it's bow form often, not wanting to take after his father. The dual weapon is disgusied as Ian's glasses, and if he ever does use his bow, he has arrows that disguise themselves as pencils in the backpack he has at all times.

Magical abilities: Being the son of the Archery God, Ian's eyesight is amazing. He's able to shoot a bow, or any other weapon, with extreme accuracy. Also taking after his father, Ian has the ability to heal others, or inflict them with the pain of a disease for a short time. The only drawback is that he needs to be touching the other person's skin with his hand, and even when he does, the power takes a lot of energy out of him, and he won't be able to use it again for sometime.

Other: When annoyed he can often be heard muttering "vlacas"
Again, I apologise for the delay. You are accepted.

To those of you that are still up for this, would you like to start over or try to continue without the rest?

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I personally would prefer to continue as long as people I am currently interacting with are continuing mainly @tokkiyo as I like the possible relationship that has started to develop between Lux and Mei and would rather not have to start that again.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I’d be down for either or, up to whatever the rest of the group decides ^^

If we started over I’d still be using birb Aspen tho lol

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
I'm down for whichever, but I do agree with Void. Rebuilding connections would become time consuming and I'm personally too lazy for that. But I'll still continue no matter the choice.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I think that would be best. However, the question of where everyone are at the moment is blurred as some people have decided not to continue with this RP.

@=Nightshade= what should we do with Aspen and Billy now that Bread have left?

Hmmmm…. We could say that the bag ripped and worms came out, then they ran away laughing to avoid being jumped? Or say the worm-bag thing never happened and they went to prank someone else….? Not sure, but I’m sure there are plenty of ways to change or ignore the situation.

The Alright Attorney

Skimmed through the posts, just to make sure I'm all caught up. So at this moment, there's atleast a group of campers just outside the Athena cabin, about to try and get help to get back at the Hermes kids that pulled a prank earlier. If that's still the case, then I'll probably base my post off of that and slide Ian into that group somehow.

Hmmmm…. We could say that the bag ripped and worms came out, then they ran away laughing to avoid being jumped? Or say the worm-bag thing never happened and they went to prank someone else….? Not sure, but I’m sure there are plenty of ways to change or ignore the situation.
Thanks for your suggestions. I think it’s best to have the bag get ripped up and the words come out. So that we don’t completely waste the last few posts we made.

Skimmed through the posts, just to make sure I'm all caught up. So at this moment, there's atleast a group of campers just outside the Athena cabin, about to try and get help to get back at the Hermes kids that pulled a prank earlier. If that's still the case, then I'll probably base my post off of that and slide Ian into that group somehow.
That works for me

The Alright Attorney

With the RP moving as slow as it is right now, just really post if you can guys so we can get some momentum. Even if you can only post with one of your characters, or if it'll be a shorter post, just try and get something out so we can keep up engagement.

Name: Draco
Sexuality: Straight
Godly Parent: Hephaestus
Appearance: Skin is a deep tan, height is 6 feet, forearms/lower legs have been replaced with prosthetics constructed from Celestial Bronze (a gift from his dad), overall muscular build, hair and beard resembles a lion's mane that's black at the roots and transitions to red, eyes are brown. Clothing usually consists of a pair of cargo pants and a fur lined black leather vest. In combat, he wears a red gladiator curaiss, a pair of greaves, and a single gauntlet on his right hand.
Personality: Draco isn't the most talkative person around, preferring to keep to himself. Acts like he doesn't care, but will keep an eye on his siblings and take care of them. Very persistent yet patient.
Backstory: Draco was raised in the wilderness by his mother, who was also a crafter of sorts. She didn't use a forge, opting instead for animal parts, plants, and stones. Draco had never been to a city before as he was essentially homeschooled. As he grew, he was taught to use everything at his disposal in some form or another, whether it was for crafting or fighting. One day, he was hiking with her when a large tree fell out of nowhere, knocking him down and crushing his right forearm and lower leg, forcing his mother to have to get help from the town outside the woods and take him to a hospital. Sadly, they couldn't save the crushed limbs and amputated them. A similar incident would happen some years later to his remaining limbs. After recovering from the second incident, his mother decided it'd be best to transport him to Camp Halfblood, a place she'd been told about by his father. He initially wasn't too keen on the idea, but it was exciting for him to see new things, and the camp grew on him after a few days. He was only supposed to spend the summer there, but ended up staying longer because his mother insisted. A couple years later, he'd gotten word that his mother was ill and stayed with her at the hospital til she passed away. After the funeral, he went back to the camp and gained permission from Chiron and Dionysus to live there and help at the camp. It's been about 8 years since he'd gone to that place and he has yet to go on any quest of his own.
Weapon: Sword and Shield, neither of which are Greek in design, turn into stickers placed on his prosthetic forearms when not in use. Prosthetic limbs that can also store miscellaneous items, including said weapons.
Magical Ability: Can't control metal, but can detect it. Pyrokinesis
Other: vlacas

Last edited:
Name: Draco
Godly Parent: Hephaestus
Appearance: Skin is a deep tan, height is 6 feet, forearms/lower legs have been replaced with prosthetics constructed from Celestial Bronze (he made them himself), overall muscular build, hair and beard resembles a lion's mane that's black at the roots and transitions to red, eyes are brown, an odd pair of horns inherited from his mother's side. Clothing usually consists of a pair of cargo pants and a fur lined black leather vest. In combat, he wears a red gladiator curaiss, a pair of greaves, and a single gauntlet on his right hand.
Personality: Draco isn't the most talkative person around, preferring to keep to himself. Acts like he doesn't care, but will keep an eye on his siblings and take care of them. Very persistent yet patient.
Backstory: Draco was raised in the wilderness by his mother, who was also a crafter of sorts. She didn't use a forge, opting instead for animal parts, plants, and stones. Draco had never been to a city before as he was essentially homeschooled. His mother was afraid he would be ridiculed because of his horns, like the ones on her head. As he grew, he was taught to use everything at his disposal in some form or another, whether it was for crafting or fighting. One day, he was hiking with her when a large tree fell out of nowhere, knocking him down and crushing his right forearm and lower leg, forcing his mother to have to get help from the town outside the woods and take him to a hospital. Sadly, they couldn't save the crushed limbs and amputated them. A similar incident would happen some years later to his remaining limbs. After recovering from the second incident, his mother decided it'd be best to transport him to Camp Halfblood, a place she'd been told about by his father. He initially wasn't too keen on the idea, but it was exciting for him to see new things, and the camp grew on him after a few days. He was only supposed to spend the summer there, but ended up staying longer because his mother insisted. A couple years later, he'd gotten word that his mother was ill and stayed with her at the hospital til she passed away. After the funeral, he went back to the camp and gained permission from Chiron and Dionysus to live there and help at the camp. It's been about 8 years since he'd gone to that place and he has yet to go on any quest of his own.
Weapon: Sword and Shield, neither of which are Greek in design, turn into stickers placed on his prosthetic forearms when not in use. Prosthetic limbs that can also store miscellaneous items, including said weapons.
Magical Ability: Can't control metal, but can detect it. Can also breathe fire?
Other: vlacas
Before I accept you, I would like to know how he can have horns from his mother's side. Is she a mythological creature too? Or is she (and therefore also your OC) a descendant of a god? Also, children of Hephaestus can in very rare cases control fire. I'll be more lenient with that in this RP tho.

If it's alright with you, I was thinking his mother came from a secret lineage of human/dragon hybrids. As they interbred with normal humans, their more draconic traits would become more diluted and show as minor mutations; patches of scales, underdeveloped horns or tails, etc. As for the fire breath, I figured he could be able to only use it once or twice before he has to recharge, depending on the strength of the blast. Would like a picture of the character?

If it's alright with you, I was thinking his mother came from a secret lineage of human/dragon hybrids. As they interbred with normal humans, their more draconic traits would become more diluted and show as minor mutations; patches of scales, underdeveloped horns or tails, etc. As for the fire breath, I figured he could be able to only use it once or twice before he has to recharge, depending on the strength of the blast. Would like a picture of the character?
Uhh, would you care to tell me how this fits into the PJO universe? Because I’ve never heard of any human/dragon hybrids in Greek mythology (which is the focus here) at all. The closest thing are the Drakainas, I believe. But they’re more like snake-women, and only women I believe, rather than human/dragon hybrids. I could accept the prosthetic limbs, although I’m quite confused on how he managed to build any of them without limbs himself (there’s no mention of this in your backstory). But the human/dragon hybrids is something I’ve never heard of and it seems a little bit too much to me

There's a character in Greek mythology with the same name as the dragon that guards the tree at the border in the books, Peleus. If I remember correctly, his body was draconic from the waist down and he was a king.
The bronze prosthetics could've been built by his half siblings as a sort of present. A present he later upgraded.

Seeing as you're still accepting new people (I hope) I'd like to join in too! I'll say it straight up that I know very little about the PJ Universe, so you're unfortunately going to have to correct me on A LOT of things. I'll do my part by doing some research and not trying anything too ambitious with my character just yet.

If that doesn't work for you, say the word and I'll withdraw.

Here's what I have right now:

Name: Eban Andras
Godly parent: Moros

Appearance
: Slim, somewhat athletic build standing at about 5'11 with long, flowing black hair that's usually tied into a ponytail, and wine red eyes. Normally wears a long grey duster coat, grey ripped jeans and black boots.

Personality
: Having spent most of his life feared and excluded, Eban has developed quite an introverted and private way of life for himself. He is aloof, and will usually not speak unless spoken to first, or if he decides that he has useful information to communicate. That said, he has always been known for a quiet, yet distinct intensity about him, always planning ahead with a strong vision.

And with tensions between the Gods higher now than they've been in quite a while, what better opportunity is there for the God of Doom - or rather, his offspring - to show the world once more that destiny cannot be avoided?

Backstory
:
After having first discovered his abilities, he predicted a teacher's death at his school and soon became known as a 'bringer of misery and ruin' among his peers and those who witnessed him use it. This led to so much bullying and discrimination that he and his mother had to move away entirely, and she instructed him specifically to never use his ability on people ever again.

As he was walking home from school on another lonely day, he was (reluctantly) approached by a Satyr, and after having the truth revealed to him, decided to attend camp. While it seems those at the camp want to ensure Eban that his dark heritage doesn't have to determine the rest of his life, the young man seems to take no interest in this motive, opting instead to make use of the curse that is his birthright.

Weapon
:
A pair of black chain-sickles (also known as chained kama).

Magical abilities
:
He is able to foresee any person's misfortune for the next 48 hours (if any) by concentrating and looking deeply into their eyes. It is for this reason he is hesitant to make eye contact with people. By doing so, he takes on the person's emotions as his own - if the person injures a body part, he feels that pain for a duration. If they lose somebody dear, he feels their sorrow. If they die.... well, you can imagine.

Once he foresees someone's misfortune, it always seems to come to pass. He has yet to be incorrect, but nobody has yet to heed his warnings seriously.

Other
:
I'm a lot of things, but a vlacas is not one of them!

There's a character in Greek mythology with the same name as the dragon that guards the tree at the border in the books, Peleus. If I remember correctly, his body was draconic from the waist down and he was a king.
The bronze prosthetics could've been built by his half siblings as a sort of present. A present he later upgraded.
Well, I'd certainly prefer to keep it to simply just demigods. My apologies for taking so long to respond. It's been hectic. Your OC sounds interesting, but I'd like it to stay as just demigods and no hybrids. Also, there is an edit button which you should use. Double-posts are against the rules. Seeing as you're new here I'd just like to give you that as a warning (and I don't really want a visit from the admins that would cause harm to this RP)

Seeing as you're still accepting new people (I hope) I'd like to join in too! I'll say it straight up that I know very little about the PJ Universe, so you're unfortunately going to have to correct me on A LOT of things. I'll do my part by doing some research and not trying anything too ambitious with my character just yet.

If that doesn't work for you, say the word and I'll withdraw.

Here's what I have right now:

Name: Eban Andras
Godly parent: Moros

Appearance
: Slim, somewhat athletic build standing at about 5'11 with long, flowing black hair that's usually tied into a ponytail, and wine red eyes. Normally wears a long grey duster coat, grey ripped jeans and black boots.

Personality
: Having spent most of his life feared and excluded, Eban has developed quite an introverted and private way of life for himself. He is aloof, and will usually not speak unless spoken to first, or if he decides that he has useful information to communicate. That said, he has always been known for a quiet, yet distinct intensity about him, always planning ahead with a strong vision.

And with tensions between the Gods higher now than they've been in quite a while, what better opportunity is there for the God of Doom - or rather, his offspring - to show the world once more that destiny cannot be avoided?

Backstory
:
After having first discovered his abilities, he predicted a teacher's death at his school and soon became known as a 'bringer of misery and ruin' among his peers and those who witnessed him use it. This led to so much bullying and discrimination that he and his mother had to move away entirely, and she instructed him specifically to never use his ability on people ever again.

As he was walking home from school on another lonely day, he was (reluctantly) approached by a Satyr, and after having the truth revealed to him, decided to attend camp. While it seems those at the camp want to ensure Eban that his dark heritage doesn't have to determine the rest of his life, the young man seems to take no interest in this motive, opting instead to make use of the curse that is his birthright.

Weapon
:
A pair of black chain-sickles (also known as chained kama).

Magical abilities
:
He is able to foresee any person's misfortune for the next 48 hours (if any) by concentrating and looking deeply into their eyes. It is for this reason he is hesitant to make eye contact with people. By doing so, he takes on the person's emotions as his own - if the person injures a body part, he feels that pain for a duration. If they lose somebody dear, he feels their sorrow. If they die.... well, you can imagine.

Once he foresees someone's misfortune, it always seems to come to pass. He has yet to be incorrect, but nobody has yet to heed his warnings seriously.

Other
:
I'm a lot of things, but a vlacas is not one of them!
I like it a lot, he will go well together with @Shikowara's OC who's a child of Hades. Accepted