• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms.com Winter WiFi Tournament: The results are in!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wintertourney2010.jpg

The Pokécharms Winter WiFi Tournament kicks off today with 10 competitors. You can find a complete list of every competitor below with links to their forum profiles.

List of Competitors
- LoN - Friend ID: 5456-5850-7945
- Havak
- Stamgalaki - Friend ID: 4254 5728 2140
- Silver Magpie
- Electabuzz_65 - Friend ID: 2450 7018 6928
- Carmen Alejandra - Friend ID: 0001 9941 8047
- Santamence Commander
- Doctor Oak
- Sir Red
- Sem

The Rules of Battle

*To ensure fairness, all battlers have been randomly organised within the tournament bracket. Due to the number of competitors, everyone who advances beyond round 1 will not be fighting the same amount of battles. We apologize for this, but it's the best we can do. See the image below to determine who your first opponent will be.

*The tournament is single elimination. All match-ups will be fought best 2 out of 3, must follow the Doubles Battle Rules, and be 4vs4 doubles at Level 100. Whoever wins the majority of their battles will move on to the next round, and whoever loses is out.

* You may freely switch your held items AND Pokemon between matches, but only with the items and Pokemon you included in your tournament registration.

* Both battlers must post the outcome of their matches in this thread.

* Each round of the tournament lasts exactly 1 week. The first round begins today, December 19th, and will end December 25th. ALL matches must be completed by Saturday evening before the next round begins. Unless authorized by Linkachu or KoL, do not battle beyond each round.

* Use your private messages to plan times to battle with your opponents. Give your opponents as many times that you'll be available as possible in the run of the week to determine a good time to meet. It's also encouraged that you use the #pokecharmsWFC chat for discussion and as an easy place to meet up.

* In the case where each set of battles haven't been completed on time, the competitor who failed to be actively available, didn't reply to their private messages, was not present in the WFC chat at the appropriate times, etc. will be disqualified and their opponent will advance. But seriously, don't let this happen.

The Tournament Bracket

Here be thy tournament bracket. Keep checking back to follow the progress of the tournament.

TourneyBrak7.jpg

If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact Linkachu or KoL so that things can be sorted out ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokécharms.com Winter WiFi Tournament: Official Battle Thread

...I love how my name is the only one uncapitalised in the right places XD

Good luck to everyone! ^^ I'll go check which game I'm using and edit in here with my ID~

5456-5850-7945

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Strange request, but if you guys have the chance - save some of your battle videos? ^^

Now, I'm going to suggest that you don't post your videos publicly until after the tournament is over. It wouldn't be fair otherwise because you'd be exposing your opponent's Pokemon to everyone else.

What you can do is save and upload the videos to the Global Terminal, then write their codes down in a text file (or PM them directly to me~). That way you'd be free to save/upload more videos as you go, and have all of their codes ready to share when the tournament is finished. :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

1st match against LoN was a very difficult and close win.

I have this video saved so I can upload it and get the code to you later :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Second battle with LoN was also a victory, so that gives me the best of three. :)

Good matches, even if the final outcomes were very similar. :x

Yeah, well played for both games sir ^^

A

Anonymous

This will be one for the record books ,may the best battler win
Heres my FC:1377 4181 8943

since people seem to be posting their FCs here, i'll post mine, too.
FC:2450 7018 6928

A

Anonymous

Santamence Commander vs. Stamgalaki
Victor twice in a row=Santamance Commander.Good battling Stamgalaki!
Also if you could please post your in-game names to avoid confusion ,that would be awesome.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

I'll update the brackets as soon as Stamgalaki confirms the 2-0 result to Santamence.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

Thanks for the confirmation Stamgalaki, and better luck next time. :)

Forgive me for being ignorant but are you guys gonna post your teams or wit till the end. please and thanks :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

...why would anyone in their right mind post their team NOW and reveal them to their opponents?

Zethose, your post here and your posts across the forums in general are at such a high level of ignorance on many occasions that it's becoming beyond a joke. Either smarten up and start thinking before you post or you will be punished.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Sir Red destroyed me. Twice. Good luck to him in his future battles ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Beat Magpie 2-0 in two fun matches (the first time I've ever beaten her, but they really don't count D:<).

I have a video of one of them and I'll upload it at some point soon.

A

Anonymous

Not to gloat or anything but since my next opponent will either Carmen or Electabuzz ,I'm just gonna give you two a fair warning: Be prepared to face my fury and good luck to you two.

Well, i got my butt handed to me with a side of salad (that sounded a lot funnier in my head...) it was 2-0.

Good luck to carmen against santamence next week!

Yeah, I was nervous the whole time but it was fun XD. I recorded the second battle, so it'll be up at the end of the tourney.

I know it's a bit late, but here is the FC I'm using: 0001 9941 8047-- Platinum

A

Anonymous

Hey Carmen ,I just wanna say good luck to you in our match ,I'll be looking forward to it.also ,whats your in-game name?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

Keep in mind that the second round isn't to be started until Sunday, so don't be too hasty now.

I'll update the brackets when my wrist actually starts working again.

Santamence Commander said:
Hey Carmen ,I just wanna say good luck to you in our match ,I'll be looking forward to it.also ,whats your in-game name?

Platinum in-game name is Carmen as well~

I beat Sem 4-0 and 2-0 in our games. Good games dude :)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Aye, good games~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Hey guys! I'm not sure if anyone will be battling tonight, but the second round of the tourney technically began today.

The match-ups this time around are Santamence vs Carmen, and Sir Red vs Havak. Alex gets a bye this 'round due to the uneven numbers of competitors.

Good luck to all of you battling this round! To everyone who lost in the first round - thanks again for competing. Make sure to stick around so that we're able to give you your consolation prize when they're ready. :)

A

Anonymous

Carmen beat me 0-2.
damn i suck...Good battleing

I won against Santamence 3-0 and 1-0. Good game ^^ Now I get to face the fury of Alex, Red, or Havak.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

Brackets updated accordingly - I've also taken the opportunity to make the brackets a bit easier to read, so you'll be able to see how far people have gotten a lot easier.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

Bump.

Red and Havak have...well, less than 24 hours to sort their match out or they'll both potentially face disqualification. I'd get on with it quick if I were you guys.

Not to be rude or anything, but will the consolation prize be given out after the tournament is set and done?

thanks. :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Seeing as I'm going back to school tomorrow and I have yet to be able to get the stupid Wifi there to work on my DS I won't be able to continue in the tourney, so I guess this is my dropping out. :T

Good luck to those that are still in it, and apologies for this.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

Havak goes through to face Alex in that case.

All prizes will be given out once the tournament is over.

Ah okay. I did have a look for red on chat the other day as we scheduled a time (kind of) but seeing as he's dropped out now, I'm ready to face Doctor Oak whenever as I don't have work in the way any more.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sounds good, Havak. :)

Also, I'm making an edit to the original tournament rules. Due to the uneven number of competitors and the way the tournament brackets had to work out, we've decided not to have a semi-finals battle to determine 3rd place. Whoever loses the battle between Havak and Alex will take 3rd.

I apologize if this seems unfair to anyone, but it's the cleanest way to handle things. Hopefully next time we hold a tournament the numbers will be better so things can run smoother.

Sounds like there have been some good battles this tournament !! A shame I missed them :( but good luck to the finalists :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Just to keep it all above board, I lost 2-1 to Havak.

Yeah, good matches :) Scores were:

Havak 3-0 DoctorOak
Havak 0-1 DoctorOak
Havak 2-0 DoctorOak

gg's!

I lost to Havak and they were good battles ^^ I recorded the first one the two we had.