• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Academy

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, the thing is Asine already works there as a student assistant, it's Lewis who is the student. I decided to have her arrive on the back of a Staraptor as a hint to her yearly ritual where she goes and spends some time with an isolated group of people who live on a mountain to both meditate and practice her psychic powers. It's never been mentioned in canon, but I like to imagine psychics like to train their power in more isolated areas, much like Asian monks of the real world. She's also heavily hinted to be from a line of psychics, and... I'm rambling again. Either way, Lewis is more the new one, I like to think Asine's been working for the Academy for a few years and is therefore at least known by the staff and students. And unlike my Alexis, who's an unrelated psychic specializing in being more mysterious, Asine's more open about her abilities.

Edit: The saga of Lewis not knowing how to start a conversation with strangers continues. At least his heart is in the right place.

Last edited:
Name: Jake Fisher
Sexuality: Straight
Role: Trainer
Trainer Clothes: Blue
Personality Type: Introverted, kinda timid, excitable about certain things that he's knowledgeable about/interested in, however once you get to know him, he can be quite joking and a smidge sarcastic, but means well, but usually keeps to himself, unless necessary or given a reason.
Appearance: Brown hair so dark it looks black, chocolate brown eyes, about 5'9 or so, usually wears a white jacket, although being used to Galar's climate shifts, he often switches outfits.
Backstory: Born to a pair of Wild Area workers, and growing up in Wedgehurst, Fisher's young upbringing was influenced by his parents' careers, and eventually decided he wished to become a pokemon researcher. Pursuing this goal, Jake eventually received his first pokemon and set out into the world. Several years into it, having explored his home region of Galar, as well as Johto and Sinnoh, hearing about a school opening up back in Galar, Jake (and several of his pokemon) applied to the school, and soon enough found themselves packing to stay there.

Obscure details, hes deaf in his right ear, and speaks with a stutter.

Pokémon
Nickname: Sonny
Species: Raboot
Gender (M/F): M
Ability: Blaze
Move 1: Ember
Move 2: Flame Wheel
Move 3: Double Kick
Move 4: Bounce

Pokémon
Nickname: Baltimore/"Balt"
Species: Corviknight
Ability: Unnerve
Move 1: Steel Wing
Move 2: Power Trip
Move 3: Peck
Move 4: Fury Attack

Pokémon
Nickname: Chester
Species: Linoone (Galarian)
Ability: Pickup
Move 1: Lick
Move 2: Night Slash
Move 3: Headbutt
Move 4: Fury Swipes

Pokémon
Nickname: Charlie
Species: Cramorant
Ability: Gulp Missile
Move 1: Water Gun
Move 2: Dive

Pokémon
Nickname: Dante
Species: Aipom
Move 1: Double Hit
Move 2: Swift
Move 3: Double Team
Move 4: Acrobatics

Pokémon
Nickname: Forte
Species: Chatot
Ability: Keen Eye
Move 1: Peck
Move 2: Fury Attack
Move 3: Sing
Move 4: Mimic

Also has other pokemon at home with his parents, but i didn't really plan to ever use them a ton, if at all

Kinda tried to keep it brief, let me know if theres anything that needs to be added/changed/etc, i dont mind changing or explaining anything ^^

Last edited:
Name: Jake Fisher
Sexuality: Straight
Role: Trainer
Trainer Clothes: Blue
Personality Type: Introverted, kinda timid, excitable about certain things that he's knowledgeable about/interested in, however once you get to know him, he can be quite joking and a smidge sarcastic, but means well, but usually keeps to himself, unless necessary or given a reason.
Appearance: Brown hair so dark it looks black, chocolate brown eyes, about 5'9 or so, usually wears a white jacket, although being used to Galar's climate shifts, he often switches outfits.
Backstory: Born to a pair of Wild Area workers, and growing up in Wedgehurst, Fisher's young upbringing was influenced by his parents' careers, and eventually decided he wished to become a pokemon researcher. Pursuing this goal, Jake eventually received his first pokemon and set out into the world. Several years into it, having explored his home region of Galar, as well as Johto and Sinnoh, hearing about a school opening up back in Galar, Jake (and several of his pokemon) applied to the school, and soon enough found themselves packing to stay there.

Obscure details, hes deaf in his right ear, and speaks with a stutter.

Pokémon
Nickname: Sonny
Species: Raboot
Ability: Blaze
Move 1: Ember
Move 2: Flame Wheel
Move 3: Double Kick
Move 4: Bounce

Pokémon
Nickname: Baltimore/"Balt"
Species: Corviknight
Ability: Unnerve
Move 1: Steel Wing
Move 2: Power Trip

Pokémon
Nickname: Chester
Species: Linoone (Galarian)
Move 1: Lick
Move 2: Night Slash
Move 3: Headbutt
Move 4: Fury Swipes

Pokémon
Nickname: Charlie
Species: Cramorant
Ability: Gulp Missile
Move 1: Water Gun
Move 2: Dive

Pokémon
Nickname: Dante
Species: Aipom
Move 1: Double Hit
Move 2: Swift
Move 3: Double Team
Move 4: Acrobatics

Pokémon
Nickname: Forte
Species: Chatot
Ability: Keen Eye
Move 1: Peck
Move 2: Fury Attack
Move 3: Sing
Move 4: Mimic

Also has other pokemon at home with his parents, but i didn't really plan to ever use them a ton, if at all

Kinda tried to keep it brief, let me know if theres anything that needs to be added/changed/etc, i dont mind changing or explaining anything ^^
Amazing. Accepted. Oh, and the Aipom's name makes me think about Dante form Devil May Cry.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Dean, at least you weren't muted from a group chat for a day for trying to explain that the short form for 'assorted' could often be written as 'ass' for the sake of space.

And on a more serious note, I'm trying to reveal the pokemon of my characters through roleplay, as I figure it's a more realistic way of learning about them. It's also why I used to give a bare bones backstory for characters and slowly reveal it through roleplay, but I've started giving them a background on their character sheets anyways, since my characters aren't always so open about such things. Especially with Lewis and his the fact Team Plasma once tried to harrass his father towards joining them. But that's for another day.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Unfortunately yes, it did. Not here of course, but it was on a different roleplaying site. There was a certain moderator there that I will not name, but they seemed... Excessively prudish.

An edit because I should have mentioned it was on the more mature catagory of the site, which is why it was especially noteworthy.

Would I be better reading up everything until now, or is there a way for me to come in without needing to much? I don't mind either way
Also, just to give a brief summary of mine's six pokemon (they're the ones with the most personality i gave him so far)-

Sonny - angsty teen with a hidden soft side, the sort of de facto leader since he was Jake's starter. Currently holding an Everstone, having decided he didn't wish to evolve past Raboot stage.

Baltimore - Most loyal to Jake/Sonny, Jake's first catch ever, as well as in Galar, (as Rookidee), usually the one who "keeps the peace" between the entire group, and or make sure the more "out there" ones don't cause trouble, while being protective of them all, like a "flock". Jake's presumed best combatant pokemon.

Chester - Jake's fourth overall catch/Galarian catch. By far the most "chaotic" of them all, Chester was caught as a Zigzagoon in Glimwood Tangle, after Jake and Sonny had the strange feeling of being watched for some time, as well as hearing the odd sound of Mightyena esqe laughter, and a pair of glowing red eyes shining through the brush. Jake sometimes seriously debates if one of Chester's parents was a Mightyena, due to his "signature" cackle and his rather "crazy" tendencies, providing Baltimore (or Jake/Sonny), with the occasional challenge of keeping Chester "reigned in".

Charlie - Jake's fifth caught pokemon and sixth overall. Caught after idly approaching the trainer and his team while they were stopping to eat, the then wild Cramorant promptly stole Jake's phone after being given a handout. After hurriedly battling the water bird with Baltimore (then a Corvisquire), Jake was able to retrieve his phone and capture the Cramorant, whether he wanted to or not. The water type soon however found himself integrated with the rest of the team. Charlie, along with Chester, was another early test of Sonny and Baltimore's "leadership" abilities, because Charlie, to be blunt, isn't the smartest utensil in the drawer. He seems to be a cliche "bird", poking and trying to steal shiny objects, squawking loudly and screeching at times, among others. However, he occasionally pulls through, and seems to mean well.

Dante - Jake's first Johto capture and sixth overall catch, captured as a stray pokemon in Goldenrod City, having been abandoned by his original trainer for being too much of what Jake eventually realized was himself. Dante is by far the most extroverted of them all, evident by his life of the party personality; joking, playful, optimistic, loves being the center of attention and "performing" for others. Another "headache" (for Sonny anyway), Dante prides himself on his supposed street smarts and abilities, as well as his showmanship, and his ability to mess with Sonny, considering they're like complete opposites. Dante also holds an Everstone, a holdover from his last trainer. Jake has offered to remove it, but like Sonny, Dante seems to like his current state. He also is a big fan of staying outside his pokeball at all possible times, and is often seen riding on Jake's shoulder, when it is not being occupied by Sonny. Dante is also probably the most "flirty" out of them all.

Forte - Jake's first Sinnoh catch, captured soon after arriving in Sinnoh after having been sent there by Professor Magnolia to work under Professor Rowan, during which the captured Chatot became Jake's first "research experiment", which included teaching the pokemon how to speak like his species was known to do. Forte was relatively successful, and now is semi fluent in speech and learning. Forte was chosen to come to the Academy with Jake for this purpose, as well as to have a sort of "study partner". Otherwise, like Baltimore, Forte is one of the more "calmed" pokemon of them all, usually helping Sonny and not antagonizing him, instead being loyal.

Sonny was brought because he's his partner, Baltimore because he figured he'd want at least one decent fighter, Chester to make sure he couldn't set the Wild Area on fire or something while Jake was gone, Charlie I admittedly don't know, maybe he snuck there or came on accident, Dante probably "begged", and Forte I mentioned above

That or maybe Dante led Chester and Charlie in slipping their pokeballs into Jake's bag right before he left, with Sonny's, Baltimore's and Forte's

forgot to mention too, Sonny is always out of his ball when possible

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Honestly, I'm just riding the flow, I don't really know what's going on outside of what my OCs are directly dealing with.
Edit: Trying to write while under the influence of alcohol is not a good idea. Last night I spent two hours trying to make a post and gave up, which is why I made the previous post.

Mind if i get a brief recap/idea of what's going down, so i don't have to read everything? So i can find a good place to jump in
Essentially, nothing much has happened. There was a small presentation given to the students about the history of the school, then all the students went to the various rooms. Mostly, it's been focusing on the students that went to the Battle room. There was a Pokemon battle between two of the students, then some arguing, then Dean is doing some teaching. Right now, we got a group of students in the battle room in class and another group of students and faculty investigating a new person that just showed up to the Academy.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I'm tempted to nickname Lewis' Liepard after Darkrai as a joke, but I don't think that would be allowed. If anything, the staff on this site would punish me for referring to a Legendary so often, even though it's a standard Pokemon named after a legendary. Though, is there any rule against that? Canonically, my Evilane has a Ninetales named Victinales as a clear reference to Victini, who she's studied about.

Essentially, nothing much has happened. There was a small presentation given to the students about the history of the school, then all the students went to the various rooms. Mostly, it's been focusing on the students that went to the Battle room. There was a Pokemon battle between two of the students, then some arguing, then Dean is doing some teaching. Right now, we got a group of students in the battle room in class and another group of students and faculty investigating a new person that just showed up to the Academy.
How much time has passed since the beginning of the rp? Like from them all arriving to where they are now

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I think my Evilane would be on the same level of the Seven, if I so brought her. However, her team for her is always full due to her strong feelings towards her Pokemon being more like friends to her. And if she does arrive for story reasons, expect her to be a bit eccentric. A former gym leader who not only denied an offer to be a member of the elite four but left professional battling for the purpose of building a deeper connection with her pokemon is bound to be an interesting character, or so I hope.