• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Academy

"Hmph! I can see why it is you wear a mask." Maribelle said after Drevan, waving her hand in front of her face to disperse the fumes from the Weezing. At Drevan's comment, Maribelle put her hands on her hips indignantly.
"Excuse me! I'll have you know I'm plenty toxic!" Maribelle said. But the purple haired teen had already departed. Maribelle huffed, crossing her arms as she watched Drevan walk away.
"Riff-raff..." She muttered under her breath, putting her handkerchief back in her purse.

Someone spoke up close to her. The trainer that had approached, asking what all the commotion was about. As Maribelle turned to face him, she was struck be his appearance. That pale skin. Those piercing blue eyes. That iconic blond hair. Maribelle recognized the famous young trainer in an instant. The PR Video star Edward Campbell, here at the Wyndon Pokemon Academy? Maribelle's demeanor instantly changed, her annoyed expression melting away to a polite, sweet smile. She flipped her hair back and rested her parasol on her shoulder, straightening her posture back to a more regal stance.

"Of course not. It takes more than an unruly commoner to keep down a noble such as myself." Maribelle said proudly. She extended a hand to Edward. "Maribelle Von Valinor, good sir."

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Edward was surprised by the change of personality that Maribelle did. But nonetheless, he still wanted to introduce himself formally. ‘She seems to be royal in some way. Judging from her appearance.’ Edward thought to himself as he knew what to do. He took her hand and lowered himself a bit. “A pleasure to meet you my dear Maribelle.” Edward spoke as he got back up and introduced himself. “My name is Edward Camphier. These are my knights, Lancelot and Galland.” Edward spoke and gestured to his two Pokémon. “Needless to say. You have put him in his place. I despise whenever barbarians like him try and show off to make himself feel better.” Edward spoke and looked at Maribelle. “But enough about him. More about you.” Edward spoke with a soft smile.

Maximilian watched the exchange from afar. “Talk about class. Coming from me a professor in study.” Maximilian spoke softly as he looked back at Edward. “But I’m more surprised of the fact that a celebrity is here.” Maximilian spoke as he dusted off an ultra ball. ‘I know about his trainer pr videos even though I’m from Unova. I hope he is just as humble as the articles claim Edward is.’ Maximilian thought to himself as he looked back over at the two from afar.

Finally, someone at this academy with proper manners! Maribelle glanced over as Edward introduced his Pokemon as well. A Gallade and a Bisharp. Both Pokemon that took quite a bit of effort and time to bring up to that level. As to be expected. Maribelle put both hands on her parasol handle, keeping it on her shoulder and unconsciously twisting it slowly. She was relishing in the attention and praise Edward was giving her.
"Of course, I feel the same way." Maribelle said. "And what would a famous Trainer PR Star from Kalos want to know about me?"

MarcelGalliard790

Edward was relieved that he did the right introduction. “Why. Anything really. Come. Let’s have a seat.” Edward spoke as he sat on the bench. “I would love to know about you. I assume you are from a royal family right?” Edward asked as he returned his Pokémon. “I haven’t seen a royal in person before, only heard the stories of royals back in Kalos. But more importantly, I made my name known via my videos. Those of which I made and edited myself. So, there is that.” Edward explained to Maribelle as he offered his hand in order to formally bring her down.

Hanako watched as, instead of responding, Sora turned and walked over to another group of students.
"Oh. Uh. Okay." Hanako said, watching him and his Blaziken walk off. "Um. Bye then."
I guess he didn't hear me... Hanako thought.

Maribelle took Edward's hand, allowing herself to be guided down onto the bench by Edward. She seemed to puff herself up proudly as Edward talked about her being a royal.
"More about me. Well. You're quite astute, I am nobility." Maribelle said. "My father is Count Richard Von Valinor, and family stretches back generations to the first kings of Galar."
The pink clad girl sighed, looking away.
"Unfortunately, nowadays it seems Galar has moved away from nobility. It especially doesn't help those 'Team Noble' blackguards are roaming about, sullying the good name of the nobles that are left." Maribelle said. "Team Noble, hah! They're nothing more than common highwaymen and knaves-"

Before Maribelle could continue her tirade on Team Noble, another student approached. A young man, with a large bird-like Pokemon that accompanied him. Maribelle glared at Sora, before looking back to Edward.
"Do you... know him?" Maribelle asked Edward.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward was surprised to heard about Maribelle’s family. “Wow. I’m surprised. I didn’t think that I would be meeting a member of the royal family of Galar.” Edward spoke but before he was going to add on more to his thoughts. Sora came over and introduced himself and his Blaziken. Upon being asked if he had known of sora, Edward whispered to Maribelle. “No. I do not know who this is.” Edward looked at his two Pokémon as the looked at the Blaziken.

Drevan looked whenever Shiori came closer to her Pokémon, then being revealed to be named Alice. “Drevan.” Drevan merely introduced himself as he kneels down to pet his Pokémon. “This is Hades. My partner since day one of my travels.” Drevan spoke to Shiori.

"...Right." Maribelle said, looking back over to Sora. She looked the student up and down once again. Average stature. Common clothes. At the very least, he had a more palatable appearance than that ruffian that had sent out that strange Weezing. But he still looked like your average commoner.
"Well then. Saro, was it?" Maribelle said to Sora. "Is there a reason you and your... large, chicken Pokemon, are speaking to us, or...?"
Maribelle looked to Sora expectantly, trying to figure out what he wanted.

Dean sighed. Even though the assembly was about to start, it seemed like it would be forever until it did. "All right," he muttered, "Should be starting soon." And then the lights darkened. Dean smiled. Perfectly timed. Yusuke looked directly at the stage, and the assembly started. It showed a history of Pokémon Academy, only going back 50 years, around the beginning of Team Noble. It said that the students of the Academy were taught to defend themselves from Team Noble, who were described as people not of noble birth, even though some were. Then it showed how it shaped the history of Galar. And them a presentation of how trainers who went to the Academy were slightly more successful than average, and even though they were mistaken for people with low IQ, they were usually great strategists if they were battlers. Nonetheless, Dean was in the presentation explaining this, and showing how trainers who studied at Pokémon Academy were usually quite successful, sometimes even becoming tournament-level trainers. Then the presentation stopped and the lights went back to normal. Yusuke stared. At least he took all of that in. Right?

MarcelGalliard790

Edward seemed to look up whenever the show had started. “Seems their little show has started.” Edward commented to try and get Maribelle’s attention. “Us upper class need see what this whole show is about and see if it is worthwhile.” Edward commented as he looked up as Dean explained the presentation.

Drevan at first was confused by the strange comment that Shiori had made. “What do you mean by Lubricate your joints? Do you have arthritis?” Drevan asked as he looked over at Dean’s presentation. “Seems our little group is on display.” Drevan whispered to himself as he looked at the presentation.

"Uh, my left arm and leg are quite obviously mechanical, in case you missed the dark red plating." Shiori was mildly confused as she explained what she meant to Drevan. Unless he had poor eyesight, there was no way he failed to notice her prosthetics. She was tightening up her bolts with a small wrench right in front of him!
In any event, the main event seemed to be happening at the assembly and Alice returned herself to her PokeBall.

MarcelGalliard790

Drevan was preoccupied with petting hades that he didn’t initially notice Shiori’s Mechanical joints. Whenever Shiori mentioned it Drevan looked over and noticed. “That is interesting.” Drevan commented as he returned Hades to his pokeball. “Where is Cheryl at, we need to come up with a plan.” Drevan spoke under his breath.

Edward looked at the presentation with more of an interest. ‘I wonder if this will help me get better at making Trainer Pr videos when I head back to Kalos.’ Edward commented as he looked over to Maribelle and then back to Dean. “He seems like an interesting fellow.” Edward commented as he continued to watch the presentation.

Maribelle turned her attention to the presentation as it began. It was much of what she expected, a general overview of the history of the Pokemon Academy. At the mention of Team Noble, she couldn't help but to scowl. Why should they even bother to mention those lowlifes? The presentation ended, and Maribelle leaned back. At Edward's comment wondering if this whole thing was worthwhile, Maribelle smiled.
"I believe this will be worth it." Maribelle said, looking over to Edward. "After all, those at Pokemon Academy can find the potential in even the simplest fools and bring it to the surface. So imagine what they will be able to bring out in the likes of us! Ohohoho!"

Maribelle laughed smugly. The presentation ended, and the various students began to disperse and head to the rooms of the classes they were looking to specialize in. Maribelle stood up, looking over to Edward with a smile.
"It seems everyone is beginning to move. Tell me Edward, what did you come to the Academy for? Battling? Contests? Perhaps training to become a Ranger?" Maribelle asked Edward.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward smiled a bit as he looked at Maribelle. “I came here for contests. Since it can also help intertwine with my video career back in Kalos.” Edward spoke as he looked up and then back to Maribelle. “How about you Maribelle? Why did you come to the academy?” Edward asked as he returned his two Pokémon. Putting their respective pokeballs back into his bag.

Maximilian headed off with other students to the battle area. ‘This will help Eldredth and Cellulose out a little bit.’ Maximilian thought to himself as he walked with other students to the battle class

Maribelle slapped her parasol into her open hand, smiling cheerfully.
"Oh! What fortuitous circumstance. I too have come to the Academy to increase my skill with Pokemon Contests. And perhaps to dabble in a little bit of the battling as well. I am already no slouch, but it would be good to improve." Maribelle said. "But I digress. Come, let us depart for the Performer's rooms."

As she walked towards the Performer's room, she put her parasol back on her shoulder and looked back to Edward.
"Tell me, what led you to decide here, the Pokemon Academy in Galar, rather than a different school somewhere else?" Maribelle asked Edward.

Last edited:

MarcelGalliard790

Edward walked with Maribelle down to the Performer’s room. Maribelle had asked him what made him chose Galar over any other region. “I would say trying out a new region. So far, I’m not regretting my decision. I’m glad that I met you Maribelle. One in similar status to my own. I never thought that I would have had the opportunity to meet someone similar to me.” Edward commented as he walked with Maribelle.

Drevan left and looked around for Cheryl. ‘We need to start devising some plans in order to make profits here.’ Drevan thought to himself as he looked around for Cheryl
(@Banan-chan )

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
With the assembly being complete, Cheryl got up to look for her compatriot. It was time for business, she supposed. It didn’t take her long to find Drevan. Silent as a shadow, Cheryl came up behind him and put her hand on his shoulder.

“Let’s get a Pokémon and go,” she said simply. “Battle room’s as good a place as any, yes?”

MarcelGalliard790

Drevan was surprised at first by the sudden appearance of Cheryl. But quickly regain his composure. “Yes. The battle room is perfect for that. Let’s see if we can get either a chump’s Pokémon or maybe that Dean guy’s Pokémon. I’ve heard they are powerful.” Drevan spoke as he began to walk towards the battle room. “We can easily make a fortune if we’re lucky.” Drevan spoke as he gestured to Cheryl to follow along.

Maximilian already was on his way to the battle room. ‘This is where my hopes can come into fruition. At least, I hope.’ Max thought to himself as he looked at the two pokeballs in his bag. ‘I just hope that Team noble or whatever their called doesn’t come after Eldredth and Cellulose. They are important to me.’ Maximilian thought to himself as he looked back up and continued to walk.

While Dean finally made it to the Battle room, he saw Yusuke already there. He stared in surprise. Yusuke smirked. "What took you so long?" he said. Then Dean sighed. "Crowds," he remarked, "Sometimes they're just too big." Then a few other trainers walked in.

Making her way to the Battle room, Shiori was likely one of the last people to arrive. Her reason for the timing was simply because of the sheer amount of students and her own prosthetics slowing her down. Not ideal, but she had no choice but to live with it, which she does. Getting to the door, she saw Dean and Yusuke greet each other and decided she would do the same. "Excuse me, I'm Shiori. This is the battle room, right?"

As students entered the academy and made their way to the opening assembly, a young man was busy taking pictures of the people and Pokémon with a camera in his hands. The person behind the lens of course was Justin, having a smile on his face as he was liking the photos he was taking. The students and their Pokémon, not only exploring the academy but also, conversing with each other made for great shots. As Justin continued to snap pictures, an Inkay floated near him, and a Totodile stood next to his leg. Both of them are Pokémon of his, and they're busy admiring how lively the campus was.

"Okay, that should be enough for now," Justin said as he lowered the camera that hung around his neck thanks to its strap, "This academy sure is packed. When they said it was well-known and popular, they weren't kidding." He looked around for a bit longer before turning his attention to his two Pokémon. "Guess it's time we get to the assembly ourselves."

Both of his Pokémon cried out in response.

They arrived at the assembly and sat through it. As Dean went over Team Noble, the young photographer thought to himself, 'Geez. Looks there's trouble around every corner. Hope I don't fall victim to their thievery.'

Before they knew it, the assembly soon over. As everyone went to their class, Justin pulled out the map to find out where he needed to go.

As he looked through it, Inkay decided to slowly wander off on its own. Totodile soon took notice of it and proceeded to tail it, crying out for it to come back while also jumping and trying to reach for the floating squid.

"Alright! Looks like the Photographer's room is wear we need to go, so let's--" As soon as Justin looked up, he noticed his two Pokémon were suddenly gone. "Huh? Inkay? Totodile?" He called out before seeing them a distance away, in the opposite direction from the Photographer's room, "Oh, come on! Get back here you two!" Justin went after them.

As Inkay wandered off, with Totodile in tow, they passed by a girl with a parasol walking with a boy with blonde hair. Once Totodile was finally close enough, he jumped higher than before and landed on top of Inkay. Unfortunately, the water-type's stunt did little to stop the dark and psychic-type, and Inkay continued floating about with Totodile on top of her.

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
“Yeah, thats the idea,” Cheryl said in response, lowering her voice as some people brushed past them. She moved past Drevan to take a peek into the battle room. There were a few people inside, including Dean. Most seemed to be novices, but in any case, it was definitely going to be hard to make a move on that many people. “Lots of good targets,” she told Drevan. “But it might be hard to pull this off without blowing our cover.”

MarcelGalliard790

As Edward was walking to the Performer’s room with Maribelle, two Pokémon ran by the two of them. At first Edward wanted to send Lancelot after the two of them to try and find their owner. ‘I would look too similar to those Team Noble people. I don’t want to risk it, but I also want to be a good person.’ Edward thought as he reached for Lancelot’s Pokeball. Opening it and Lancelot being revealed.

“Lancelot. There appears to be some runaway Pokémon. Can you try and bring those two back here so we can return them to their trainer.” Edward asked as Lancelot nodded and the Gallade walked towards the duo of Pokémon. Eventually catching up to the duo of Pokémon.

Last edited:
Maribelle gave a slight bow, smugly smiling at Edward's comment of her own status meeting his own.
"Well, I aim to please." Maribelle said. "Have you performed in many Pokemon Contests before, Edward?"
As she asked the question, Maribelle watched as an Inkay and another Pokemon, a blue, reptile-like one, ran across their path. She giggled as she watched the blue reptile Pokemon jump on top of the Inkay, only for the Inkay to appear to be unaffected.
"Well, it appears some's Pokemon are being rather rowdy today." Maribelle commented.

As he remained on top of her, Totodile cried out to tell Inkay to turn back, but Inkay clearly wasn't paying attention to the water-type. What did catch her attention, however, was the arrival of a Gallade as she stopped and turned, looking at it in confusion. Totodile also looked at the Gallade with a puzzled look.

"Hey!" Justin called out as he finally caught up, "Phew! Finally, I caught up." He looked at his two Pokémon. "Inkay! Totodile! You two know better than to wander off like that."

Both Pokémon let out soft apologetic cries.

Soon after, Justin finally took notice of the Gallade and the two individuals. "Oh! I'm sorry if my Pokémon caused you two any trouble," he said with a bow.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward noted as the trainer had arrived to get his Pokémon. “Oh. Well that answers that question.” Edward commented as he looked at the trainer. Something about him seemed familiar, but he didn’t know what it was about him. “It isn’t a problem at all. I understand how Pokémon can be. Galland when he was but a Pawniard was just the same as your two Pokémon.” Edward commented as he held his hand out for the trainer to shake. “Edward Camphier my chap. It is a pleasure to meet you.” Edward introduced himself as he waited for Justin to shake his hand

After bowing, Justin smiled at the male that introduced himself as Edward and shook his hand. "I'm Justin. Nice to meet you too!" He said. As they shook hands, Justin also seemed to have found a bit familiar, but he couldn't determine why. "And thank you for stopping these two in their tracks," the photographer added after the handshake, "Who knows what kind of trouble they would've gotten into if you hadn't."

Inkay floated next to her trainer, with Totodile still hitching a ride on top of her.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward decided to ask Justin something. “Hey Justin. May I ask, are you from Kalos by any chance?” Edward asked him as he looked to Lancelot and then to Maribelle. “Because I heard of a photographer back in Kalos who had the same name as you. By any chance was that photographer you?” Edward asked another question as he looked at Justin’s two Pokémon and then back to his own.

Justin was taken a bit aback by Edward's question, and how he recognized him. "U-Um, yeah. That's...me. I am from Kalos. Vaniville Town to be exact," Justin replied, fixing his glasses, "So you've heard about me?" He figured the camera gave him away as being of photographer, but being recognized was something he was expecting.

Last edited:

MarcelGalliard790

Edward nodded at Justin’s comment. “Yes. I have heard of your photography skills. So much so I was half tempted to ask for your assistance in getting some photography of me.” Edward commented as he scratched the back of his head a bit sheepishly. “If you don’t know I am a kind of a celebrity in Kalos. Being a trainer pr video star and all. I was half tempted to contact you to help me with a photo shoot.” Edward explained as he looked over to Maribelle.

“This the place?” Maximilian spoke as he entered the battle room. “If we’re doing introductions, my name is Maximilian Fleming. But you can just call me Max.” Max commented as he walked in and reached for two pokeballs in his bag. “Pokémon intros are in order as well.” Max spoke as he opened the two pokeballs. Showing his Beeheyem and Reuniclus. “These two are Eldredth and Cellulose.” Maximilian commented as each respectively greeted the trainers as they were introduced.

Justin blushed a bit out of modesty from hearing Edward talk about how he thought about commissioning him before something lingered on his mind. "Huh? Trainer PR?" He softly repeated before putting two and two together, "Wait, then you're that famous Edward from Trainer PR! I've heard about you too and your rapid rise to fame. Kind of an honor that you want me to help you do a photoshoot."

Before Justin could engage in the conversation any further, Totodile cried out to him as the water-type took notice of the area clearing up more and more.

Justin turned to Totodile. "Oh, right! The photographer's room!" He exclaimed before turning back to Edward, "Sorry to cut this short, but we gotta get going. I'd be happy to continue talking and getting to know each other later." He then pulled out two Poké Balls and aimed them at Inkay and Totodile. "Alright you two, return. Can't have you both wander off again," he said returned them to their Poké Balls before turning to Edward once again, "See you around, Edward!" He waved at him and at Maribelle and proceeded to rush towards the Photographer's Room.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward smiled a bit as he walked off. Waving as he left, “Goodbye Justin my friend.” Edward spoke as he offered his hand out to Maribelle. “Now then, Let’s get back to hearing over to the Performer’s room.” Edward spoke with a smile as he looked at Lancelot and then back to Maribelle.

Maximilian returned Eldredth and Cellulose to their respective pokeballs. “Now. Time to open the floor. How about all of you eh?” Maximilian asked as then Drevan stepped forward.

“Drevan. Hallowheart.” Drevan spoke bluntly and then reached for two pokeballs in his own bag. Opening the two and showing Toxin and Hades again. “These two are Toxin and Hades, my signature Pokémon.” Drevan spoke coldly as he looked at his two Pokémon.

During the conversation Edward was having with Justin, Maribelle had simply been watching Justin's Pokemon. While she had seen plenty of Inkay before, the Totodile was an entirely new Pokemon to her. The girl had crouched down, and was watching the Inkay and Totodile interact with each other. When Justin returned his Pokemon, Maribelle gave him an irritated look but stood back up. She watched Justin curiously as the photographer walked off.

Edward spoke up and got her attention. Maribelle smiled.
"Of course." Maribelle said, taking Edward's arm and allowing him to escort her to the Performer's room.
"As I asked before, Edward. Have you performed in many Pokemon Contests before?" Maribelle asked.

The two entered the first Performer room. It was a large room, with an arena of some sort in the center and a large seating area. At first glance, it was similar to that of a battling arena, and in a pinch it could be used as one. But closer inspection showed better and more unique lighting, as well as many more machines for different technical effects such as fireworks or smoke.

~~~~~~~~

Hanako had made it into the Battling room earlier. Seeing all the trainers file in, she was starting to psych herself out a little bit. Many of them looked rather tough and strong, and as more people showed up many began comparing Pokemon. Hearing the sound of another Pokeball opening up nearby, Hanako found she was near one of the groups that was comparing Pokemon and introducing themselves. One of them, the girl that had told her about Dean before there ceremony. She seemed nice.

The first trainer, a boy who had introduced himself as Maximillian, had showed his Pokemon. Hanako didn't recognize what type of Pokemon they were, but they looked strange and powerful. The next one, Dreven, reminded Hanako of some of the biker that would occasionally ride through Vermillion City. His Pokemon seemed to fit them as well, a Weezing and a Houndoom. Rather intimidating.

Hanako decided to step forward.
"U-um... Hello. My name is Hanako Fujimoto. I'm still pretty new to battling." Hanako said, introducing herself. She held forth her Omanyte, showing her to the group.
"This is Omi, and this..." Hanako reached into her bag and pulled out another Pokeball, activating it. In a flash, a Kabuto appeared. It looked around at humans nearby, watching them suspiciously and chittering.
"This is Kabo." Hanako said. "It's good to meet you all."
She returned the Kabuto back to his Pokeball.

The assembly now complete, he decided to celebrate with a nice hot plate of curry, a Galar speciality. As he munched, he saw a kid with a totodile and inkay. Sora called out. "Hey!"