• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Bronze and Iron {A New Region Adventure}

Link to the Discussion Thread

~ Prologue ~

The Gorgeon was watching.

Athena’s forces were stationed around the dig site, awaiting the command to move in. Athena wanted this operation to run smoothly. In and out. No witnesses. She had come to Crest Island with the intent of liberating precious artifacts from incompetent bufoons. With luck, this heist could yield more than old pottery.

Athena gave the signal to move in. Most of her employees remained on the hill, keeping watch in case things got out of hand. Only she and the Gorgeon advanced.

The archeologists numbered to about twenty. A few were dusting away in the dig site. The majority sat on a makeshift bench having lunch. It was half past noon. The sun had passed its highest point, yet its rays still beat down on Athena’s neck. She wouldn’t be here long.

“Gentleman,” she said, greeting the archeoligists heartily.

A few of them looked up with startled expressions.

“And ladies,” Athena amended, “I’m sorry to interrupt your repast, but I will be taking over this site.”

It wasn’t a threat. It was a declaration.

“And who on Arceus’s great Earth gave you that authority?”

Athena smiled, fighting back the scowl that was desperately trying to creep its way onto her face.

“You misunderstand.”

She snapped her fingers and pointed to the man who had spoken out. There was a sigh from the Gorgeon. The tall serpentine Pokémon glided towards the archaeologist. With a pale blue hand, it brushed its coils of hair away from its face. There were several screams. The man who had spoken to Athena fell silent, his face pale and his body as rigid as stone. Within seconds, his entire body was encased in rock.

“I’ll say it again.”
Athena calmly pushed the petrified archeologist. His body fell onto the ground.

“I will be taking over this site. You can either point me to the artifacts…”

She snapped her fingers once more for emphasis.

“...or join them. Your choice.”

Two hours later...

Sky was about to snap. She had just rung up twelve Super Potions, eight Revives, and one Escape Rope. Now, the eleven year old at her register was throwing a tempertantrum over Poké Balls.

“I’m sorry,” she said. “We cannot sell Ultra Balls to trainers with less than five gym badges.”

“But why?”

Sky opened her mouth, but no words came out. Her mind was drawing a blank.

“Because the League wants to ensure the wild Pokémon population remains stable.”

Sky and the boy both turned to the man who had spoken. He had dull brown hair and wore grey rimmed glasses. His attire consisted of a blue polo shirt and an orange apron with the Poké Mart logo on the front, the same uniform Sky herself wore.

“Ultra Balls will allow you to catch almost any Pokémon,” the man continued, “but they don’t force the Pokémon to obey you. Without the badge regulation, any kid with enough pocket money could buy out our stock, deplete the wild population, and throw the environment into chaos.”

“Not to mention Pokémon can be strong willed,” Sky added. “If they don’t respect you, they won’t listen to you. Having gym badges is usually a sign that you worked hard and are capable of dealing with difficult Pokémon. If you go straight after wild Aggrons or Cidraigas, you could do considerable harm to yourself or the people around you.”

The boy grumbled, but decided to go with the plain red and white Poké Balls. Sky rang him up.

“You bought ten Poké Balls,” Sky said, handing him a paper bag. “You get one Premier Ball on the house.”

“Great.”

The boy snatched his bag and ran out the door. Sky let out a low sigh, and turned to the man behind standing next to her.

“Thanks, Guy.”

That was his name. Guy the Poké Mart Guy. Nobody bothered to use his last name. He was Sky’s manager.

“No problem,” he said. “We better get your till counted. Don’t want to miss your appointment.”

My appointment.

Sky still couldn’t believe it. She had read the letter at least a million times since it arrived. This morning, she tucked the envelope into her apron pocket, just to be certain it was real. She took it out and read it one last time.

Dear Sky,

The Professors Myrtle would like to congratulate you as you start your Pokémon Journey. The league reserves starter Pokémon for immigrants and promising young trainers between the ages of 10 and 16. Based on your essay, we believe you are qualified to receive one of these special Pokémon.

Please report to our laboratory by 3 p.m. to receive your starter. We hope that you and your Pokémon will grow and thrive in our beloved Mithos Region.

Wishing you the best,

Octavia and Troy

Sky clutched the letter to her chest. It was finally happening. She was going to receive her starter and become an actual Pokémon trainer.

Unless something goes wrong.

That nasty little voice inside of Sky’s head was going off. She had tried to take on the league before. Back when her parents first divorced, her mother had adopted a charming Skitty called Fritz. When her mother moved to Crest Island, Sky had waisted no time in signing up to challenge Thalassa’s Water-type Gym. It took some convincing, but she eventually persuaded her Mom to let her borrow Fritz. It took three tries, what with Fritz’s stubbornness and Sky’s confusion when it came to orders, but they managed to secure her first badge.

Unfortunately for Sky, she came home to find her mother crying on the living room floor. The next day, she was told her mother’s latest boyfriend had broken up with her and that she and her brother would be moving back to Chaplet Town to live with their father. Fritz would not be going with them.

Sky loved her Dad, but she found his opinion of Pokémon frustrating. He said that unless they could do chores and pull their weight, they were basically useless. He had grown up in a small neighborhood near Circlet Town where his parents kept Duckletts, Arcanines, Meowths, and several Purruglies. He said that once cat Pokémon got old, they became irritable and annoying. Arcanines shed terribly, and bird Pokémon were just plain messy. He had even kept a Bidoof as a pet once, and the only think he would say about it was that it made chewing noises during the night.

Sky had almost given up on being a Pokémon Trainer, until she heard that the league would be lowering its badge requirement to participate in the Labors Challenge. This was her big chance to prove her Dad wrong, about Pokémon and about herself.

She took off her work apron and handed it to Guy.

“Wish me luck.”

She grabbed her bag and her hat and walked out.

Last edited:
Walking down the street towards the Professor Myrtles' lab in Chaplet Town, the nineteen year old Wulf sighed. "Finally, can't believe my parents wouldn't let me go through this until I was nineteen." Wulf's family was unusual. While most families let their kids go on their own journeys at ten years old, the Wood family insisted that their children finished highschool before they were allowed to acquire their own Pokemon. Frustrating, but worth it. During that time, Wulf would research various species, especially Dark types. Upon learning that one of the starters offered to new trainers by the Professor Myrtles evolved into a Dark type, Wulf decided that he would choose that one.
As he walked by the Poké Mart, Wulf saw Sky walk out with a bag and a hat and decided to greet her. "Hello there."

~Meanwhile~

Thump! Thump! Thump! Thump! Thump! Thump!
"Yes!" Diana Jaeger walked over to the target behind her house as she admired her work, having shot the bullseye all six times before removing the arrows. "Today's the day!" The nineteen year old Diana was finally going to get her first partner from Professor Gem in Coronet City! She had been waiting for a long time to finally get out of this house and had to calm herself before making her way to the lab. Her solution? Honing her skills with the bow. Placing her arrows in the quiver hanging from her waist, Diana then slung her bow across her back. She wasn't going to use it on Pokemon! She just didn't want to get rusty, and practicing her archery was one of the few things that calmed her down. Grabbing her bag at the shooting line, Diana left the property behind and made her way to Professor Gem's lab.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Crest Island, Mithos Region

Meanwhile...

On a mostly empty ferry going to Crest Island, a young 15-year old Alexander Aetos watched over as the ferry arrived to the southern port. It was a long journey, and he had to make stops in various regions, from his home in Kanto, to Paldea, to Kalos, and then he finally arrived here. The journey seemed to somewhat exhaust the young man, but his energy seemed to remain.

This island was the place where Alexander was born, and he had no memories of the place, as he moved out from an early age. His parents, who formerly owned a café on the island, had to move out due to rising costs for property despite being rather successful. They found a good job in Pewter City and moved there, and never returned to Mithos.

This didn't discourage the young Alexander, one who wished to adventure. He wanted to explore his homeland, despite vague protests from his parents. He worked day and night to fund his trips, and managed to gain enough money for a journey.

And as he arrived, he took a grand look at the island. It was breathtaking and beautiful, yet quite sparse and empty. He admired this, however, as it was a contrast from the more busier life of Pewter City.

The ferry docked, and Alexander immediately ran out, his excitement increasing as he sought after a lab. He had gotten an invite from the local professor of the island, Elani Rhoa, about getting his starter, which he accepted right away.

As he ran, he continued to look for the lab. He saw some signs leading him to it, and he continued to follow those signs. Alexander was nearing the lab, as he was only a little away after minutes of sprinting.

Last edited:
The fresh Ocean wind called to her.

Aceso Moustakas would ignore it's calls today. She was quite busy, and simply couldn't pause to take a swim. She was on a rather short walk to the local lab to pick up a Pokemon, and go throughout the region, Gym to Gym. Like most.

The thing was, Aceso wasn't going to stop there. She planned to complete whatever twelve trial task's she could along the way, and then neatly finish the rest once she was deemed Champion level.
...Her ambition was running ahead of her. She couldn't allow it. Ambition simply led to disappointment. Aceso didn't even know if she was capable of caring for multiple Pokemon. She could barely take care of the family Meowth.

Her boots clicked on half paved roads on her way to the laboratory, that same Meowth slowly padding alongside her. Her family often called it Snuggles, but she would only respond to the moniker Queen. Queen wasn't even her Pokemon until very recently, as it was a good luck present; A way for her family to show support for her mission. It was bratty, but Aceso loved it. She constantly showed it affection, making the Meowth even more high and mighty than it's usually self righteous peers.

But back to the point; The Lab. Aceso was familiar with the Professor, and had received an invitation to take one of the Pokemon they had. Aceso did not know which one's they had, as she never asked, but Aceso assumed they were rare.

And the Professor had said she'd have a surprise for her as well. What could it be? A Pokemon...and what? Aceso wondered excessively as she continued to walk to the Lab. She arrived on the same, long narrow street it was on. Almost there...and then Aceso's enormous curiosity would be sated.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
As Alexander continued his sprint, he started to pant. He had an empty backpack on him, and although it didn’t weigh much, it did halt him a little. He started to slow down, but that was after he caught a glimpse of a black haired girl, who was seemingly headed in the same direction as him to the lab. He felt some rather nostalgic feelings that he couldn’t necessarily pinpoint as he glanced over the girl.

Alexander halted, and then decided to greet the girl.

“Hey, you going to the lab?” he asked her, somewhat panting after saying so as his exhaustion from sprinting earlier had began to catch up with him.

"Hey, you going to the lab?"
...Wait a minute....She recognized that tone somewhere. Aceso turned, finding herself face to face with the spitting, older image of...

Her old childhood friend. She could not believe it. Her heart leapt into her throat as she shakily replied;
"A-Alexander!?"
"After...Several years of not seeing each other, this is your greeting?! Oh, you are as scatterbrained as ever, Alexander!" She chuckled lightly, slightly swaying from her excitement. She seemed giddy, showing a level of emotion that would be unusual to anybody who knew her.

"Oh, you look just the same as ever! How you appear exactly the same after so many years is...astounding!" The Meowth at her legs looked up at him lazily. Apparently it didn't recognize him as well as Aceso apparently did, and it appeared to not care whether or not this was the boy who used to pet them the wrong way 11 years ago.

"Oh, it is so lovely to see you again...Apparently this is the surprise Professor had in mind!" She laughed again, not noticing any bewilderment or lack of recognition on his face.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Alexander spaced out for a second, but he regained himself. Was this some sort of fever dream? Who was this girl? Where those nostalgic feelings actually true?

“Uhhh……………” Alexander paused for such a long time. He seemed bewildered and confused, he didn’t remember even meeting someone like her!

“Oh yeah! I remember you! You’re that one girl from the academy, what was your name… uhh… Alexandra, right?” Alexander seemed to get confused with a different girl he met in Kanto, and completely missed the emotions that Aceso thought.

She looked stunned.

Then she tilted her head.
"No...? I am Aceso Moustakas? Your childhood friend?" Her face darkened a bit, but then it lightened.

Knowing Alexander, Aceso should have seen this coming. Of course he wouldn't remember, that scatterbrain. "We played together as children, Alexander." Her entire mood towards him seems to have shifted. She is now her usual, calculating yet soft self.

"But if you do not remember...It is not like I can force you to. But I should have seen this coming, after all. You are a complete scatterbrain." She smiled softly. "But it appears you have met other girls!" She only half-teases. Why was she always so informal with him? It was quite unlike her.
"Whom is this special Alexandra you remember better than your oldest friend?"

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“What kinda last name is Mousetakes?” Alexander joked, completely mispronouncing Aceso’s last name.

“And uh… we were childhood friends…? I don’t think I’ve ever met you in my life….” Alexander completely ignored the fact that Aceso remembered what his personality and name was.

“But anyways, yeah, Alexandra…. uh….” Alexander seemed to put his head down. He had some memories about that girl, and they seemed… negative?

“Yeah we don’t talk about her,” Alexander smiled it off.

“So anyways, Access-oh, you ready to get some Pokemon?” he asked as he started to regain some of his energy throughout the sentence, while completely changing the subject.

She seemed hurt by his flippant disregard for her fondness of him and memory of childhood. She knew he was scatterbrained but it hurt a tad that she was forgotten by one of the only friends she had in childhood.

"...Well, fine then." Her tone of voice was now cold, losing any fondness it had beforehand. "Yes, I am indeed here to get myself a partner." The Meowth by her feet hissed a small tad, sensing the mood change and not liking it. Stress interrupted sleep. Though, perhaps, the Meowth was indeed justified in it's behavior. Everything from her posture to her attitude showed frigid cold. This was usually how Aceso reacted to her pain and anger.

"First off, it is Aceso Moustakas and not 'Access Mousetakes'." It did not help her mood to remember she had this same conversation with him as a child.
"Second off, you don't even wonder how an apparent stranger already know's you name and your scattered tendencies? And when that same person tells you you're childhood friends, you just brush it off?"

"Hmf. Well, fine. Since you don't seem to care, we can just forget about it." She crosses her arms and taps her foot, looking up at him with cold indifference.

"And what are you, an obvious foreigner, doing all the way out here, hmm? You probably don't have any real goal besides getting a Pokemon and then just leaving, right?"

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Alexander was completely taken aback by how much Aceso went off on him. He had an awkward smile as he scratched the back of his head.

“Ummmm…. I-It was a joke, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you mad like that…. I j-just kinda drifted off a little, y’know, Access-o,” Alexander again joked, unknowingly possibly making the situation even worse.

“But anyways, I’m not just going to leave! I’m going to conquer this region, defeat everyone, of course including you, and then I’ll be the greatest in history!” Alexander smiled and exclaimed proudly.

After he said that, a sense of familiarity appeared to him. It was like he said this when he lived on this island.

She raised an eyebrow. On one hand, she found the fake confession rather adorable, but on the other it did only make the situation worse and raised her irritation even more. She was hoping her dogging him that way would somehow make him remember.

"Hm. I see." Her tone softened a bit, but remained rather angry in a cold way. "Well, let's hope you are better at realizing your dreams than you are at remembering people whom you have cruelly forgotten," she says bluntly. Queen the Meowth softly rubbed up against Alexanders leg, not sharing the same resentment of her current trainer.

She hummed a bar of her favorite song to calm herself, and said the following in a much more level, but equally blunt, tone; "Well, if you don't remember I guess it didn't matter to you as much as it did to me..." She gazed off in the distance before speaking again.

"The greatest in history will not be you, it will be I. I am a much more superior mind than yours, as you just obviously showed." She smiles softly. "I will complete both the league and the trials, and I bet I can do it all before you can."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“I’m afraid you’re quite mistaken, Access-o Mouse-take, because I don’t think you realize how quick I can be. I’ll stay up day and night and I’ll train like heck, and you’re not going to stop me. No one will!” Alexander proudly rebutted.

He crouched down and gave the Meowth a pet, but of course in the wrong area as always. It seems like old habits truly die hard, even for Alexander.

He seemed eager to leave the conversation and start the gym, but he had to wait for the professor.

She was infuriated with his stupidly cute behavior. Did he grow any clue over the years, or was he just as dumb as his young old self? It was infuriatingly adorable to her. Out of pure habit, she patted his head in an older sisterly way and says;

"Aceso Moustakas! If you want to make friends, getting their name right is a vital step." She smiles. "And that's not how you pet Queen," she added as Queen bit his hand in displeasure before allowing him to continue. "Petting with the fur usually causes more comfort than against it," she explained, always the sort to make rules and guidelines for everything. Aceso was so busy woman-splaining that she forgot to look cold and fierce.

"Do you have any Pokemon? Or will the starter be your first? I don't ever remember you having one as a kid," She said. removing her hand from his scalp. She seemed to genuinely want his answer; Aceso's anger never last's long anyway.

"You better choose wisely. I refuse to be one upped by some guy who can't even remember all his friends."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“ACK!” Alexander wiggled his hands and went back in pain. He calmed down and sighed.

“Ah, sorry, Queen, my bad,” Alexander conceded. He seemed a lot more serious with the cat Pokemon, and seemed to care for it despite his mistake. He went to it and pet the Pokémon properly this time.

“Ehh… kind of? I’ve battled with my family’s Pokemon a little, and I think I can battle pretty well. I’ve never lost a battle yet,” Alexander said, seeming a little more serious. He wasn’t lying - out of his four matches using the family Flechinder and Furfrou, he hadn’t lost yet.

Last edited:
She smiled at him, at odd's with her mood swing from earlier.

"Oh? Then we'd have to battle when we get our Pokemon. But I'll only use my starter and not Queen, so it'll be fair." She looked down at him petting the Meowth and was struck with curiosity. "You've been to other regions, right? I hear the Meowth are different in other regions than here. So what are they like, exactly?"

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“That works,” Alexander nodded to Aceso’s battle request.

“Oh, and, oh yeah, I live in Kanto, so our Meowths are quite different. Ours stands on two legs and has cream-colored fur. I heard there’s another type in Alola, but I haven’t seen that one yet,” Alexander actually seemed engaged in the conversation. It seemed clear that he knew much about Pokemon, and he truly cared about them.

(Dear lord we are reduced to talking about cats what have we come to)

"Really? A Meowth on two feet?" She looked surprised at this. "That's...Wow." She then laughed. "I read somewhere that pampering your Meowth isn't really good for it because it's already high and mighty as it is, but I don't hesitate to show any love to mine." She squat's down next to him and watches him pet her Queen, making sure he does it right.

"But what about you? What did you do after you left Crest Island? What's your earliest memory, Alex?"

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
(Yeah, it’s gotten kinda far haha)

“Uhhh………” Alexander couldn’t seem to remember his first memory. He questioned himself, attempting to remember the past, but he was unable to call it.

“Yeah, I don’t think I can recall my first memory,” he sighed, scratching his head again.

He then glanced at the lab in the distance for a second, just waiting to get his starter. Again, he seemed quite eager to stop this conversation and start battling.

Chaplet Town
Sky
Age 15
Pokémon: n/a

Sky fiddled with her cap. Her friend Circe gave it to her a couple of years ago before moving to Erudite City. Circe claimed that if she was to stand a chance at the Pokémon League, she would need a signature look, and no signature look was complete without a signature hat. Sky didn't understand her logic. Hardly any of the Gym Leaders wore a hat, and they had all been champions. Still, she thought it was a nice gesture.

She heard someone holler and spied Wulf.

"Oh, hello," she said, a bit startled that someone was coming to greet her. A gust of wind blew past, blowing the letter out of her hands.

"Ack!" Sky chased after it. She managed to stomp on it with her foot before it blew into the street.

"Sorry," she told Wulf, believing she owed him an apology for running off. "I just really don't want to lose this. I'm getting my first Pokémon today, and I want everything to go perfectly. I'm very nervous."

She blushed, realizing she said that last part out loud. "I bet that sounds strange, doesn't it. I'm fifteen and I've never had a Pokémon of my own before."

Coronet City
Professor Zanzibar Gem
Age 32
Pokémon: Wulfleur, Matchling, Dripurr,& Dratini (the latter is there to stay)

Professor Zanzibar Gem, Ph.D. was at his desk, absorbed in his research as always. The papers he had sprawled out all over his desk varied in style and content. Drawings of golden Electric-type eagle Pokémon with bodies made of lightning, articles cut from various newspapers regarding wild Pokémon encounters, and an assortment of hand written documents. The one thing these documents had in common? Divine Forms.

For the past eight years, Zanzibar had devoted himself to understanding how Divine Form Pokémon functioned, their place of origin, and how they were seemingly able to embrace their element to the point that their bodies took on its form. So far, his efforts had been fruitless. His grant from the Future Tech company was about to run out. Not that he planned on asking them for money. Future Tech, like any other business, was only interested in his research so that they could harness the secret of Divine Form evolution and profit from it. Zanzibar was not interested in marketing. He, like most researchers, believed the secret of Divine Form evolution should be used to help people and Pokémon. The world didn't need another Mega Evolution, Dynamax Evolution, or Terastalized Pokémon gimmick. It needed people to understand the power Pokémon possessed, and how dangerous it could be if anyone were to abuse that power. Sometimes, he doubted humanity would ever truly learn.

Suddenly, a paper airplane bonked him in the nose.

"What the--?"

He looked up and saw his Dratini snake his way across the desk. The Dragon-type Pokémon blinked expectantly.

"Oh! Right. Starter ceremony."

Professor Gem had completely forgot that someone would be coming to choose a starter Pokémon. A trainer by the name of Diana, if his memory served. He got up from the desk, straightened his collar, and went to the play area where this year's batch of starter Pokémon were currently chasing each other. There was Wulfleur the Grass-type pup Pokémon, Matchling the Fire-type turtle, and Dripurr the blue and white Water-type kitten. From what Professor Gem recalled of Diana, she seemed energetic and confident. Perhaps the spry and charming Dripurr would be her pick, or maybe Wulfleur, the natural born leader. His Matchling seemed more timid than the rest, but once it evolved, it would become a bright and loyal companion.

The Dratini brushed against the professor's leg. Zanzibar grinned. No matter who Diana picked, he was confident that each Pokémon would reach its potential in time. Maybe by then, he would uncover the secret of the Divine Forms.

"Well, Dratini my friend. Guess there's nothing to do now but wait."

Crest Island
Professor Elani Rhoa
Age 29
Pokémon: Aloegar, Wigwarm, & Dribbon

Meanwhile, though Professor Gem was just making preparations, Professor Rhoa had been ready for hours. Getting a Pokémon was an exciting moment for a new trainer, especially if it was their first. She wanted to make sure everything was set up so that the trainers would feel relaxed and welcome.

She had arranged a table of snacks in the center of the room. She set out a plate of cheese, nuts, crackers, along with some grape juice and cups. The snacks were probably not necessary, but Elani wanted their visit to be pleasant. Some trainers knew right away which Pokémon starter they wanted. Others, like herself, preferred to spend time playing the Pokémon and get the full scope of their personality before deciding. Between the snacks and the play area, she figured she was ready to meet whatever types of trainers walked in through the door. All that was left to do was wait.

"I wouldn't call it strange. Unusual, yes." Wulf walked over to Sky before continuing. "Not that I can talk. After all, I don't have a Pokemon and I'm nineteen." Readjusting his jacket, Wulf extended a hand to Sky. "I'm Wulf from Nimbasa City. Nice to meet you."

~Back in Coronet City~

"Looks like this is the place!" Looking at the address on her letter one more time to confirm, Diana nodded to herself before walking up to and knocking on the door. "Hello? Professor Gem? It's Diana Jaeger! Can I come in?"

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Alexander once again looked at the lab.

“I think it’s time to start moving, Access-io,” Alexander hurried as he immediately ran off to the lab, not really considering Aceso as he did. The hurried trainer immediately knocked on the lab door, wondering if the professor was already there.

“Hey Professor, it’s Alexander Aetos, may I come in?” he asked, seeming more formal than he did in his interactions with Aceso. He knew he had to act a little more serious and formal around the professor, and that there was no time to joke around.

Chaplet Town
Sky
Age 15

"Likewise," Sky said, shaking Wulf's hand. "My name is Sky. If you're looking for the professors' lab, I'd be happy to show you the way."

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who had to wait, she thought.

Coronet City
Professor Zanzibar Gem
Age 32
Pokémon: Wulfleur, Matchling, Dripurr,& Dratini

There was a crash as Dripurr and Wulfleur knocked into a pile of paper work, causing it to cascade onto the floor.

"Certainly!" Professor Gem hollered to Diana while trying to gather the precious documents. "Sorry about the mess. I lost track of time."

Wulfleur tugged on his shoelace while Dratini tried to round up the hyper water kitten.

Crest Island
Professor Elani Rhoa
Age 29

Ah. Right on time.

Professor Rhoa smiled. "Certainly, Alexander. Make yourself at home."

She poured a glass of grape juice for herself, then gave a whistle. On cue, the three Crest Island starters: Aloegar, Wigwarm, and Dribbon lined up side by side.

"Feel free to help yourself to the snacks," Professor Rhoa told Alexander. "I am waiting for one more trainer. A certain Miss Aceso. Perhaps you know her."

The Pokémon chittered excitedly. It seemed they couldn't wait.

"Be patient dears," Professor Rhoa told them. Turning to Alexander, she said, "They were quite excited. I couldn't even get them into their Poké Balls. If you want, while we're waiting for Aceso, you can get to know them. Feel free to pet them. They won't bite. Not even the Aloegar there."

As if to prove the contrary, the Grass-type crocodile yawned, revealing a mouth full of sharp teeth. Still, he was anxious to make a good impression.

Releasing Sky's hand, Wulf sighed in relief. "That sounds like a good idea, thanks." As the two of them walked, Wulf decided to try extending the conversation with Sky. "So, which Pokemon are you thinking of choosing?"

~Professor Gem's lab~

Having heard the ruckus from outside the door, Diana opened it slowly to ensure that she didn't let the energetic Pokemon get outside. No need for that kind of trouble. Slipping in quickly and closing the door behind her before getting a good look at the place, Diana silently agreed that it was indeed a mess. Thanks in no small part to the two Pokemon chasing each other around the place. Deciding she'd give the professor a hand, Diana placed two fingers to her lips and whistled.

Aceso walked in, seeming right at home. She turned to the professor and said,

"Ah! Professor Rhoa! Good morning. I was just outside reuniting with this...scatterbrain," she slightly curtsied, scanning the lab until her eyes rested upon the three Pokemon lazing about.

"Oh my! Ms. Rhoa! Those Pokemon- they are practically one of a kind! Wherever did you get them? I always wondered how Professors can just hand out Pokemon that are almost impossible to find in the wild!" Aceso's eyes sparkled with wonder.

Meanwhile, Queen strutted into the lab, going right up to these 'specimens' and inspecting them. Smelling them. Maybe batting at them a bit. Queen was excited to see them, but only because they were the most interesting thing in the lab at the moment. She'd lose interest at any second.

"And oh they are just so precious! I could love on them for hours." She bent down at the level of these Pokemon, inspecting them much less physically than her Meowth did.

Chaplet Town
Sky
Age 15
Interactions: Wulf

"I'm honestly not sure," Sky admitted as she and Wulf walked. "I've always had a soft spot for Water-types, but really I'll be happy just as long as one Pokémon likes me."

In Sky's experience, Pokémon could be very picky. One of her neighbors had a Manectric who was sweet most of the time, but whenever Sky walked by their yard it would growl and bark furiously.

"What about you, Wulf? Got any idea of which Pokémon you want?"

Coronet City
Professor Zanzibar Gem
Age 32
Interactions: Diana

Upon hearing Diana's whistle, Dripurr and Wulfleur looked up. They seemed to get the message that play time was over and quieted down.

"Wow," Professor Gem breathed. "Well done."

While Professor Gem finished stacking the papers, the Fire-type turtle Matchling lumbered over to join his companions. Dratini coiled up in spot on the floor, but kept an eye open in case the starter Pokémon started acting up again.

"Well, welcome to my lab!" Professor Gem chuckled. "I hope you'll forgive me, Diana. I didn't have time to prepare a speech. I get so absorbed in my work sometimes that I forget almost everything else."

The Professor's Dratini rolled his eyes. If he could talk, he would tell Diana that Professor Gem has spent the past eighteen hours muttering over a theory on Divine Forms.

"So anyway, here are the three starter Pokémon you have to choose from. There's Wulfleur the Grass-type Pokémon. I personally recommend him if you're the kind of person who likes exploring and collecting things, but introverts can find their personality a bit overwhelming. If you prefer a more laid back Pokémon, you might prefer Matchling the Fire-type Pokémon. As far as Fire-types go they are generally relaxed and focused, but once they grow up they can become a bit sassy and protective. Finally, I have Drippur the Water-type Pokémon. As a rule cat Pokémon tend to be more independent and strong willed, but they can make loyal companions if their trainer respects them and treats them as an equal. Although, tickling their pride a bit can't hurt."

Professor Gem paused to give Diana a chance to process everything that he said.

"Take your time. I know this is a big decision."

Crest Island
Professor Elani Rhoa
Age 29
Interactions: Alexander and Aceso

Professor Rhoa chuckled as Aceso inspected her Pokémon.

"Good question! Actually, many of the starter Pokémon on Crest Island are endangered species. You might come across them in the wild if you're lucky, but most of them have become quite rare due to habit loss or competition with other Pokémon."

"Take Wigwarm for example," she continued. "many of the tropical forests they once in habited are facing threats of all kinds. Logging, agriculture, even natural disasters brought on by other Pokémon. The starter program is a good way to ensure that these species remain protected while encouraging positive people-Pokémon relationships."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Alexander kept up his more formal act as he greeted the professor. He smiled, but not jokingly. He was truly invested in making a relationship with the professor and actually made sure to pay attention.

It seemed to sadden Alexander as he heard about the extinction of these Pokémon, but he was glad to see them.

Especially Wigwarm.

Alexander smiled at the fire-type frog Pokemon, looking at it real close. He did some prior research on the starters, and to him personally, it stuck out to him. He wanted to choose it, but to be sure, he still wanted to check out the other Pokémon.

Crest Island
Professor Elani Rhoa
Age 29

Professor Elani took note as Alexander and Aceso examined the Pokémon. After a few years, she had gotten pretty good at telling which knew right away which Pokémon they would be choosing and which ones needed a little more time to decide.

Alexander appeared to belong in the first category. She noticed him smile when looking at Wigwarm, something he was probably not even conscious of. Aceso on the other hand seemed like the kind of trainer who would gladly scoop up any Pokémon that was willing to be caught. She imagined Aceso's Meowth would have more of a say in determining which Pokémon would come home with her and her trainer.

As Queen sniffed and poked at the other Pokémon, it was clear some took to the Meowth better than others. Wigwarm acted surprised and jumped on Aloegars head. Aloegar didn't seem to mind. The lab's air conditioning sapped too much of his energy, and he found the Meowth generally uninteresting.

Dribbon on the other hand was quite curious about the little feline. When Queen came up to him, he pulled her tail to see what reaction he would get.

Aceso looked from Pokemon to Pokemon, looking at their interactions with her Queen so that she could tell who had the best synergy with her.

...And her decision that it was probably Dribbon fell apart the moment he pulled Queen's tail. Queen yowled, scratching the Pokemon with it's claws and yowling in a threatening (But to Aceso still undeniably cute) way. Aceso winced, turning away from the Dribbon as her eyes rested upon the Aloegar. She noticed how drained it seemed, and took instant pity upon it.

"I want this little one. It looks like the cold environment of this lab is having terrible effect on it. And it at least won't try to devour Queen." Funnily enough, as she said that Queen jumped atop Aloegar and tried to eat the poor Wigwarm. Aceso gasped at the sight, attempting to rip her Meowth off these poor creatures before one of them got seriously injured. Having done that, she cradled the Meowth in her arms and then continued, saying, "If I take Dribbon, they might harm each other and neither of them would be happy. And if I took Wigwarm I'd have to fight Alexander for it, or it might become Meowth food. At least Aloegar doesn't care one way or the other. So I choose Aloegar."

"Plus, I read somewhere that Dribbon are excitable. Not my kind of Pokemon." She took out a small notebook and consulted it, writing a few things down with a pen she took from her pocket. The cover said 'PT,PR; Pokemon Team, Pokemon Relations'. Of course she had thought about this for years, writing her findings and results in a small notebook dedicated to her desired team.

Crest Island
Professor Elani Rhoa
Age 29
Pokémon: Wigwarm & Dribbon (Aceso received Aloegar)

A frightened Wigwarm jumped off of Aloegars head and into Alexander's arms. Dribbon meanwhile scooted behind the professor, not expecting such an intense reaction from Queen.

"Good call," Professor Rhoa told Aceso.

Yes, Aloegar would be the perfect Pokémon for this trainer. He could be a bit stubborn, but his easy going personality meant he stood the best chance of getting along with Aceso's Meowth.

"Well, Alexander. Have you decided which one you wanted?" She looked at the flame colored froglet in his arms, then smiled. "I may be wrong, but it seems like this one has already picked you."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Yeah, Professor, I think we’ve mutually chosen each other,” Alexander smiled as he picked up the frightened Wigwarm.

“I did some research, so I already pre-chose him.. But still, this is definitely reassuring! Welcome to the team, bud!”

He gave the Wigwarm soft pets, way better than the ones he gave, and smiled at the fire Pokémon.

Wigwarm obtained from Professor Rhoa!

Level 5

Ability: Blaze

Moveset:
Tackle
Growl
Ember

He looked at Aceso, seeing that she chose a Grass Pokemon. The type advantage would be in his favor, meaning he could likely win the battle. He smiled, but he knew the work wasn’t finished. He still couldn’t hold back.

Last edited:
"I've always had a soft spot for Dark types." Wulf explained. "Back home we have a Liepard and a Zoroark. I did my research and learned that Sizzly evolves into a Fire/Dark type, so I'll likely choose that one if it's still available." Not paying attention to the time, Wulf noticed the lab wasn't much further. "Looks like we're here."

~Meanwhile~

Diana chuckled a little before she spoke. "Don't worry about it Professor. I'm just glad I have options." Readjusting her bow, Diana crouched down to the three starters' level reaching out a fist for them to smell. "It's nice to meet you guys. I'm Diana."

Aloegar has joined the court!

Ability: Overgrow

Tackle
leer
leafage

Aceso leaned down toward's it, noticing that it hadn't reacted to a struggle literally on top of it! This Pokemon was the very definition of cool...So what should it be named? Aceso wondered, looking down at it, and it hit them.

"You shall be dubbed my Earl," she pronounced. "And the name suits you well!" She turned towards Alexander, and upon seeing him with his Wigwarm, smiled. "And I believe you owe me a battle," she said, turning to Alexander

"It looks like I am at a type disadvantage. But even then, I refuse to use both Pokemon...This will be a fair fight, and I refuse to have it any other way," she proclaimed.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“I’ll have to determine your name later, alright, young Wigwarm?” he smiled at the frog Pokemon, who seemingly nodded a little.

“But anyways, yeah, Access-io, let’s do this. I’m not holding back,” Alexander grinned. He seemed pumped up, and Wigwarm seemingly matched his energy after being frightened.

“You ready, bud?”

“Wig! Wigwarm!” The frog Pokemon gave a slightly determined looked.

“Well then, Professor; is there a battlefield we can use?”

Coronet City
Professor Zanzibar Gem
Age 32
Interactions: Diana

The Pokémon were happy to greet Diana. Wulfleur proved the bravest of the lot, sniffing Diana's hand before giving it a lick. He wasn't the only one competing for Diana's attention. Dripurr rubbed his head against Diana's thigh and purred. Matchling was not as bold as the others, but he still chirped happily and attempted to shake Diana's fist with his foot.

Professor Gem chuckled. "Seems like you made some fast friends."

Ark! Wulfleur barked, his bushy green tail wagging.

"Well, while you are making up your mind, I have something else for you."

Professor Gem opened his desk drawer and rummaged through it. He pulled out a usb drive no longer than his thumb nail.

"Do you own a Pokédex or a Rotom Phone by any chance?"

Crest Island
Professor Elani Rhoa
Age 29
Pokémon: Dribbon (Alexander received Wigwarm)
Interactions: Alexander & Aceso

Professor Rhoa chuckled. Typical trainers. They get their Pokémon and the first thing they can think of is to battle.

"Before you do that, you better take these."

She handed Aceso and Alexander their starter's Poké Balls. Wigwarm's Poké Ball was bright red with an orange flame symbol on the front. Aloegar's was green with the emblem of a sprout on the front. Along the rim of both Poké Balls was black text, ancient Mithosian symbols.

"It's a proverb," the professor explained. "The writing translates to: Win by persuasion, not by force. It was the best advice I could think to give you before you set off."

She pointed out the door, then to the back of her house.

"There's a training yard out back. I imagine it will be suitable for your battle. Mind if I watch?"

"Well, they are technically your Pokemon. It's the least we can do," Aceso said. She turned to Alexander, piercing him with a cold glare. She was in battle mode.

Earl yawned lazily, slowly walking over to his new trainer. It's lack of energy must have been due to the air conditioning, Aceso was sure of it now. What Alexander was unaware of was that Aceso wasn't battling to see who was better.

She was using the opportunity to get the Aloegar's blood pumping, as well as developing a bond between trainer and Pokemon. So that Aloegar would be eager and ready to battle the local gym. It was perfect; potentially put this scatterbrain down, and further her goal. Genius!

Except she didn't account for him choosing a fire type. Oh well. Aloegar would soon have a four times advantage over this idiot's Wigwarm, being ground vs. poison as secondary typing, but for now she would have to deal with this...Knucklehead having a type advantage.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Thank you Professor!” Alexander took his Poke Ball and smiled, looking over the symbols. As Alexander looked over, he began to think about winning by persuasion, and notably seemed a little confused despite its simplicity. Yet, he nodded at it.

“Alright, let’s head over now! I can’t wait further! And yes, Professor, I would love to see you watch the battle!” Alexander smiled, but then his smile eventually faded.

He walked over to the battlefield on his, as he looked over his new buddy.

“You ready for this?” he asked.

Wigwarm nodded, seeming a little nervous yet still ready at the same time.

“Listen, you got this. This isn’t going to be easy, I know. But you’ve got the advantage, and I want you take full course of it, but remember to never underestimate the enemy,”

Wigwarm nodded. Alexander grinned as he set the frog Pokemon down on the field.

“Alright Wigwarm, stand in the fight!”

Wigwarm made some very faint noises, noises that sounded quietly like a battle theme. It was ready.

Chaplet Town
Professors Troy and Octavia Myrtle
Pokémon: Chickapea, Sizzly, Puggle, Litleo (Troy's partner), & Hoothoot (Octavia's partner)
Interactions: Sky & Wulf

Nature does nothing uselessly. Uselessness does nothing for nature.

That was the motto Troy and his wife lived by. For as long as they had been scientists, they had strived to be useful, to dedicate their research to improving the lives of people and Pokémon, and that was before they met each other.

Most recently, Troy was attempting to publish a paper on the effects of Battle Items on the Pokémon psyche. His specialty was Pokémon psychology. Ever since he was a kid, Troy had wanted to know what Pokémon were thinking. Did they truly love their trainers? Did artificial enhancements impact their mental and emotional well being? Unfortunately, there weren't easy answers to any of these questions.

"Umm hmm!"

He heard the unmistakable sound of his wife clearing her throat. He looked over his shoulder.

"Oh! It's you," he said. "I thought Leo was coughing up a hairball."

Octavia rolled her eyes."Har. Har."

"How long have you been standing there?" Troy asked, pushing in his chair.

"Long enough to watch your glasses fall off."

Troy suddenly realized his spectacles had slid to the end of his nose. He pushed them back towards his face.

"I thought you would like to greet our guests," Octavia said pointedly. "They're out in the yard right now."

"Goodness!"

Troy leapt up and dawned his lab coat. "Is everything ready?"

"Been ready for an hour," Octavia informed him. "The Pokémon are outside, and Sedge is keeping them occupied with his Pokémon Card collection."

"Terrific."

Sedge was their eight year old son. When it came to Pokémon, he could talk someone's ear off for hours. He was just the distraction they needed. Pulling the brown box from off of the shelf, Troy sauntered outside to meet the trainers.

----

"And this one is my Charizard. I traded my Bulbasaur and my Aron to get him."

"That's nice," Sky said, not really paying attention.

When Sedge stopped her and Wulf to show them his Pokémon Cards, she hadn't the heart to be rude. But now she was really anxious to get inside.

"Well now! What is everyone standing around for?"

Sky looked up to see a tall, slightly-gray haired man with a goatee emerge from the doorway. Following close behind him was a copper haired woman. Both of them wore glasses and white lab coats.

"Ah!" The man said. "You must be Wulf and Sky. Welcome!"

He extended his hand to Wulf first. The man appeared to be concealing something behind his back.

"Earl...We shall win. I know we can. It will be simple!"
The Aloegar looked up lazily, slowly becoming more energized. But the real energy would come when ember was used. Aloegar's were warm blooded, after all. And their instinct would kick in, and then...it would be a cinch.

"Earl, we are at a disadvantage. Yet we can turn it around with your latent power! You are a predator, after all, and that is prey! We are the top of the pyramid, and they are the bottom! You understand?"

The chill Aloegar thought this was all kinda deranged but ok. It snapped it's maw open and shut, turning slowly towards the tiny frog. Secretly, Earl was sorta hyped by the weird pep talk. Earl made snarling noises, subtly and quietly sounding like the sound effects out of a Kaiju monster movie.

Meanwhile Queen positioned itself next to the professor. It indeed did like to watch fighting better than the actual thing, as long as it was not loud.

Professor Elani Rhoa leaned over to give Queen a pet. She was delighted to watch these kids battle. It reminded her of when she first staring out. She and Reed, her best friend and rival for many years, often play-battled together. Reed was into archeology now. Last time she heard from him, he was working at the Crest Island Dig Site. He was probably up to his elbows in rocks this minute.