• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Bronze and Iron {A New Region Adventure}

~Chaplet Town~

"It...seems that way," Sky replied, feeling suddenly weak in the knee.

"You said this was a secret grove?" Professor Myrtle questioned. "If I were you two, I'd stay away from there. At least, for right now. Maybe when you're Pokémon are better trained you can go back."

"Uh huh. Yup," Sky said, sounding like she didn't want to go back after hearing all that info. "I mean, don't get me wrong it was...exciting!"

She turned to Wulf.

"But I don't want to become Fearow food. Do you?"

~Coronet City~

"Oh," the boy said. "Well, that's okay I guess. My name is Murk."

He held out his hand. His Pokémon gave him a critical look.

"Okay. Actually, it's Myron. Myron Spirare, but only my grandma calls me that."

Murk's Samamba nudged her head against the side of his leg.

"Ow. Oh, and this is Conga," he said, not as enthusiastically as he did when introducing himself. "She thinks she's the best Poison-type Pokémon in the world."

Conga blinked and bobbed her head back as if to say "What? You think I'm not the best Poison-type Pokémon in the world?"

"Kidding! You know I love you, silly girl" Murk said, scratching the snake Pokémon's head.

He noticed Lupa. "That your Pokémon?" he asked Diana.

~Chaplet Town~

"I don't want to become any food, if I'm being honest." Wulf quickly caught Sky as she looked like she was about to collapse. "Looks like the adrenaline rush is wearing off."
He then looked at the professor. "By the way, we think that someone tried luring that Fearow into a trap before we got there. We found and saved an Orbbit that had a rope tied around its neck. It was probably meant to serve as bait."

~Coronet City~

Diana grabbed Myron's hand. "Nice to meet you Myron. Or would you prefer Murk?" Letting go of his hand she turned to the Samamba. "And nice to meet you as well Conga."
"Arf!" Lupa cautiously walked up to serpent and introduced herself. "Oh, yeah. This is Lupa, I just got her today. Not to mention sneaking past a crowd of protestors to get here."

Last edited:
~Chaplet Town~

A grave countenance dawned on Octavia Myrtle's face.

"This is troubling," she said. "Orbbits are not typical to this region. They're usually found in caves or at the edge of the Perilous Mountains. People in Delphin Port, Circlet Town, and Coronet City see them from time to time, but it is still unusual. I'd say your theory about using the Pokémon for bait is likely. People have been trying to learn the cause of Divine Form Pokémon for years. Whoever used that Orbbit could have been hoping to study it...or worse."

Sky chose not to inquire about what the Professor meant by 'worse'.

"You'll tell someone, right Professor? I mean," Sky went on, "if somebody was poaching Pokémon, shouldn't we notify the authorities?"

"You let me worry about that," Professor Myrtle assured them. "My husband and I will get in touch with our old friend, who happens to be an expert on Divine Forms. If you come across similar events in the future, my advise is report it. Do not engage."

Sky nodded, though she could not help wondering whether she could bring herself to walk away if innocent Pokémon were in trouble.

~Coronet City~

"Murk is fine," the boy said, shaking Diana's hand.

Conga seemed thrilled at being acknowledged and swayed when Diana said her name. She seemed a bit wary of the wolf pup, but nevertheless greeted Lupa with a friendly "ssssSa!"

"Can I pet her?" Murk asked, bending down toward's the Wulfleur. He'd never seen a Coronet City starter in person before. Most of the year, he lived in Laurel Town with his mom. He only came to Coronet City during the summer to visit his grandparents.

"You mentioned protestors?" Murk checked. "They must be those people from Polias Tech. Their mostly just a group of hard laborers that get grumpy every time a construction project is halted or out right cancelled due to unearthing some historical artifacts."

Murk recalled similar protests going on back home. "They call themselves Team Dynamis, supposedly because they have the 'strength, power, and will to triumph over adversity," he said, quoting one of Ares's speeches. "If you ask me, they're all a bunch of nut jobs."

Aceso looked back at Alexander, and said,
"Where do you think I'm going, Alexander? Away from that..that THUG and toward the gym!" Aceso sighed, turning away. "Sometimes, you are so airheaded. I'm walking to the gym right now," she said, unaware that she wasn't going the exactly correct direction. So maybe she got lost in her anger. Sue her.

"Ugh, people like that have dangerous tempers, Alexander. They have no right to get so angry at just a stupid nickname. And your being so passive about what could almost be considered assault! She threatened you! It's almost like....I'm...angrier than you are." Aceso's expression softened a bit.

"...Never mind! I know just where the gym is. I think." Aceso said, turning the map this way and that.

...At least she understood the map enough to tell she was somewhere rather than nowhere.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Alexander wasn’t exceedingly upset whatsoever. Sure, it did surprise him a bit, but that’s not the point. It was a joke, and while he didn’t expect Leona to react this way, he could have easily stopped her and got out of the attack.

For some reason, he seemed to be the levelheaded party at the moment, even though he was frustrated from having to stop the gym challenge.

“Aceso, you just went the opposite way from the gym. I’ve already been there,”

Alexander sighed. Teenage girls were something.

“You don’t have to be mad for me. I understand that you hated Leona from the start, but that doesn’t give you the right to be mad for me. I don’t care about what happened, I could have easily fought back if I actually wanted to,”

I can’t make a joke anymore, apparently, or else stuff like this happens.

~Chaplet Town~

"At least we both caught something before we left." Wulf then turned to Sky. "Wait, does Orbbit want to stay with you? You did promise to release her if she wanted to leave."

~Coronet City~

"Only if she lets you." Diana had a feeling that Lupa wouldn't mind the attention. "I'd let her sniff your fist before try though."
As she spoke, Diana unconsciously started gently petting Conga's head.

~Crest Island~

It had been about an hour since Leona had separated from Aceso and Alexander, and during that time she was busy building a sand castle to better help her calm down. While Baihu and Hayate helped her out here and there, Mufasa guarded her belongings. Didn't need another Krabby to skitter off with his trainer's possessions again.

"........Oh." She flushed at her own incompetence. "......Wow. Erm....That's embarrassing. Hehe...." She rubbed the back of her head. "Well, wow. Erm....Don't look at me like that!" She brushes past him in the correct direction of the gym, sighing. "Sorry."

Queen also sighed. Could they just stop walking already!? Whats with all the walking in circles?! Huh?!

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“And you thought I was the scatterbrain,” Alexander teased as the pair finally headed in the right direction this time.

“But hey, listen, if traveling with other people gets you all mad, I don’t mind traveling alone together… At least, for now,” he assured Aceso.

They were finally on track to arrive at the gym, as they began to approach it.

Finally.

~Chaplet Town~

In the excitement, Sky had almost forgotten.

"You're right," she told Wulf, appearing slightly crestfallen. "A promise is a promise."

She knelt down next to the ground and pressed the release button on her Poké Ball. The moon rabbit Pokémon reappeared, her little nose twitching.

"Your safe now, Orbbit," Sky told the Pokémon. "As promised, you are free to go. I wouldn't go back to that grove if I were you, but there are plenty of nice fields you could graze in."

The rabbit Pokémon looked from Sky to the woods, then back again.

"Brreee!" The Orbbit jumped into Sky's arms and snuggled up closed to her chest.

Sky smiled. "I think she wants to stay."

"Bii!" The Pokémon confirmed. Sky was grinning like a fool.

"Hey, Wulf! What do you think of Aylin as a name?"

She was, of course, referring to nicknaming Orbbit.

"I read it somewhere in a magazine. It's supposed to mean 'moon halo'."

~Coronet City~

Conga was surprisingly very chill with being petted. The dancing snake Pokémon hummed, its body vibrating slightly. Like their final evolutions, Samambas were in a constant state of rhythmic motion. When Conga was happy, the tip of her tail swayed from side to side, like it did now.

Meanwhile, Murk crouched next to Lupa. He held out his head in front of, but not directly near the Wulfleur´s nose. In his experience, it was best to let Pokémon make the first move.

"Hey girl," he said, speaking in that special voice he reserved for babies and small animals. He had something in his pocket that would hopefully sweeten the deal. Carefully, he used his other hand to pull out a Pokémon toy that was designed to look like a Rare Bone.

~Chaplet Town~

Wulf smiled. "Congratulations on your first catch, Sky. As for the name, I think it works."
As he said this, Slinkajou popped out of her PokeBall and looked around a bit before climbing up onto his shoulder. "Silly girl. Hmm, y'know. I feel like it'd be weird if I didn't name my own Pokemon so I think I'll do just that. Come out Sizzly."
The Fire type came out of his PokeBall and promptly hugged Wulf's leg, causing him to chuckle. "Hey bud, it's alright, I'm not going anywhere."
Wulf knelt down to more closely match Sizzly's height. "I think I'll call you Tahu." Then turning his head to face Slinkajou perched on his shoulder. "And I'll call you Lilly."
The two Pokemon thought for a bit before affectionately hugging or rubbing up against their trainer. Wulf smiled at their reactions. "Alright, Tahu and Lilly it is."

~Coronet City~

Lupa sniffed Murk's fist before bumping her head into his hand with her eyes closed.
"So, Murk, you said you were just hanging out nearby? I came out this way to find some wild Pokemon that could help me with the gym challenge. Any ideas?"

~Crest Island~

Finishing her four foot tall sand castle, Leona finally calmed down enough to feel like she could challenge the gym without tripping too badly. "Alright guys, let's go challenge the gym!"
Hearing their trainer saying they were going to the gym, the trio of felines returned themselves to their PokeBalls while Leona pulled on her casual clothes. Dressed and ready to go, Leona left the beach and made her way to the gym with a cooler head than earlier. As she made her way over, she noticed Aceso and Alexander making their way there as well. Leona blushed with embarrassment at her past self before deciding to go apologize to the duo. "Hey, Aceso, Alexander, I'm sorry about earlier."

Last edited:
~Chaplet Town~

"Thanks," Sky said when Wulf congratulated her.

She listened as Wulf came up with nicknames for his Pokémon. She also smiled at their reactions. It was amazing how quickly Wulf bonded with his Pokémon. Although, Sky supposed she and Puggle didn't take long to get to know each other either. Speaking of which...

Sky released Puggle from his Poké Ball. The blue-grey platypus yawned a little, then straightened to see what was up.

"I never did decide on your nickname," she told Puggle. "It seems to me that if everybody else gives a special name, so should you."

Puggle looked up at his trainer with interest. Suds, Sky decided, would simply not cut it as a name. The Puggle needed something that expressed who he was: resilient, a bit timid, a foodie, and a natural leader.

"How do you like Captain?"

Captain. Puggle scrunched his beak. He liked the sound of the word. He didn't know what it meant, of course, but it seemed very him. The Pokémon bobbed his head up and down.

Sky laughed. "Captain it is!"

Aylin hopped down and hovered next to Captain. Aylin and Captain. Captain and Aylin. Those two names went together nicely.

"Captain and Aylin," Sky said, spreading her arm out toward's Wulf's Pokémon, "meet Tahu and Lily. Now that we've been reintroduced..."

Sky looked up at Wulf and grinned. "...what would you say to a little two on two Poké Battle?"

~Coronet City~

Murk smiled as he rubbed Lupa's forehead. The Wulfleur reminded him of his mother's Cerbark, albeit Lupa had only one head whereas Cerbarks are supposed to have two. Nevertheless, their personalities were almost identical.

He looked up when Diana mentioned the gym. "So you're planning to take on Blaire, huh."

He gave Lupa one last pat before standing up.

"It will depend on how many gym badges you have, first of all," he said. "If this is your first time, she'll probably go with something easy. A Flareon for example. She's also got a Smeargle. The League wasn't too keen on letting her do gym battles with it at first, since it goes against the whole theme. However, Blaire is an artist. She convinced them to let her use it so long as it knows one fire move. Your starter looks like a grass-type. A water Pokémon is probably your best bet. Although, you won't find many around here unless you go fishing. Personally, I'd recommend Sparten or Civetran. They're Normal/Fighting-type Pokémon. They don't evolve, but you can catch them without much experience. Of course, if you wanted to wait until nightfall, you could come across a ghost-type Pokémon. Maybe even a dark-type."

Murk had personal experience with both.

"Really, it depends on what you want and what you are willing to do to get it."

~Chaplet Town~

Wulf grinned. "Sounds good to me." He then turned to Octavia. "Do you mind if we borrow your battlefield for a bit, Professor?"
His Pokemon, meanwhile started chatting with Sky's about something. Not sure what, but they seemed to be having a good time.

Last edited:
~Chaplet Town~

"But of course," Professor Octavia Myrtle replied. "You may use the battlefield, but not the maze."

"Got it!" Sky answered.

She lead Captain and Aylin out back, feeling a little guilty for breaking up her Pokémon's conversation with Wulf's Pokémon. Sky assumed position at the opposite side of the court.

"Let me know when you're ready, Wulf."

~Chaplet Town~

Wulf followed after Sky, taking his place across from her. "Ready when you are Sky!"

~Coronet City~

"Well, it's definitely my first challenge." Diana admitted before a thought came to her. "Wait, what about Rock types? Are there any of those around here?"

~Chaplet Town~

Oh, Sky was totally ready. After a quick Pokédex search to see what Aylin's moves were, Sky issued her first commands.

"Captain! Go soak that Sizzly! Aylin, use Pound on Lily."

Her Puggle and Orbbit waisted no time on jumping into action. Captain charged at Tahu and used Bubble at close range. Better chance of accuracy, but it also meant that he was more likely to get hit with a counter attack. Meanwhile, Aylin bounced towards Wulf's Slinkajou preparing to bring the hammer with her enormous rabbit feet.

~Coronet City~

Murk rubbed his chin in thought. "You know, I'm not certain about Rock-types. I mean, they're fairly common but I don't know if I've seen any around here."

Congo cut him down with her stare.

"Well, you don't count," Murk told his Samamba. "After all, I caught you near the Circlet Town mines. Still, their might be some Rock-type Pokémon around here. They're usually pretty well camouflaged, so I guess you'll have to keep your eyes peeled."

~Chaplet Town~

"Tahu, Tackle Captain! Lilly, dodge and Scratch Aylin!"
Tahu took the Bubble attack head on, taking significant damage before tackling Captain with all his strength. Lilly, on the other hand nimbly dodged Aylin's Pound and scratched her.

~Coronet City~

"Hmm, how about Rockruff? Are there any around?" Diana specified what she wanted to Murk before explaining. "I have a bit of a soft spot for canines you see."

~Chaplet Town~

Sky winced.

Tahu currently had captain pinned, and Aylin didn't seem too happy about taking that Scratch attack.

"Aylin, get Tahu off of Captain."

Double battles require significantly more strategy than singles, or so Sky thought. Aylin shook herself off and then zoomed towards Wulf's Sizzly for a Quick Attack. That might set Tahu down a peg, but she couldn't forget about Lily.

~Coronet City~

"Rockruff?" Murk had heard of the Pokémon, he had just never seen one in the wild before. "I'm not certain if they're around here, but I know a trick you can try."

"How good are you at animal calls?" He asked while pulling and unusually shaped whistle out of his pocket.

"My mom taught me to imitate the calls of wild Pokémon as a way of attracting them. Personally, I think lure spray works better, but when you have a small allowance like mine, you work with what you have."

Murk could understand Diana's desire to stick with a specific category of Pokémon. He was partial to Poison-types himself, and desperately wanted to be the first champion ever to beat the league with an all Poison team.

~Chaplet Town~

"Roll over Tahu!" Just as Ailyn was about to hit him, the Sizzly rolled out of the way, the Orbbit instead colliding with Captain. "Good job Tahu, now Tackle them!" Wulf then turned to Lilly. "Lilly, help out Tahu with a Scratch attack!"
The two Pokemon complied, hopefully hitting their mark.

~Coronet City~

Instead of answering in words, Diana nodded and turned away from Murk before cupping her hands around her mouth and howling into the treeline. "AWOOOOO!"
Lupa quickly started howling as well when she saw her trainer doing it first. It was a little more high-pitched, but she was still essentially a puppy so that was to be expected.
They then waited in silence for a response. Who knows what would answer the call?

~Chaplet Town~

Sky cringed as Aylin and Captain crashed into each other. It would have been funny, if she was not trying to win.

"Return the favor!" Sky shouted to her Pokémon.

Her Puggle and Orbbit did not seem to have a clue what that meant. Tahu tackled Captain again, this time along with Aylin. This gave Sky an idea.

"Aylin! Pound Tahu. Aim for the Slinkajou."

This time they seemed to get the idea. Captain braced himself while Aylin kicked straight up at Tahu's stomach. This flung Wulf's Sizzly off, sending him hurtling towards Lily. There was a chance Lily would move out of the way, but since she was poised to Scratch Sky's Pokémon, she hoped Lily's attack would backfire.

~Coronet City~

Murk resisted the urge to laugh.

"Not bad," he whispered. "But I think Lupa has you beat."

He crouched down low to wait to see if any Pokémon would come. He kept his whistle at the ready just in case.

"The idea, is to try a call every few minutes or so. Make too much noise and it won't seem natural. Wait!"

He put his hand up. Something was rustling in the brush nearby. At first, all he could see was a long brown tail. Then it got closer.

"False alarm." Murk sighed. It was just a Skwovet. There was a Pokémon that he did not see, however, and it was stalking the squirrel Pokémon in the brush.