• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Bronze and Iron {A New Region Adventure}

"Right. Map. And a name. Would kind of be a slap in the face to your Wigwarm considering you didn't name it yet, so I would name Wigwarm first. First come, first served after all!"
"But right. I'll just go buy some actual, sense-making maps. You can...wait here outside, I guess? Or come. I don't mind either way."

Aceso, not waiting for an answer, started the short walk to the Pokemon Center. Having to buy maps was a pain. Why couldn't her father leave the map he gave her without all these annotations!?

Secret Grove, Chaplet Town
Sky Abbot
Age 15
Current Pokémon: Puggle (nickname: ???)

Sky chuckled.

"Don't sweat it! It's not like I'll be far or anything. If you need anything, just whistle."

Sky released her Puggle from his Pokémon. She gave him a pat on the head, then scooped him up into her arms.

"I'll come find you after I settle a personal matter," she told Wulf. "There's a certain wild Pokémon I have a score to settle with."

Puggle shot her a nervous look.

"Oh, don't worry. It's nothing bad. He just teased me a lot when I was younger. I think he was waiting for me to prove myself."

Sky turned to Wulf one last time before leaving. "Hey, do you think I should name him? Puggle, I mean. He is going to grow out of it when he evolves."

"Hmm, I'm not sure. I mean, it is your choice whether you do or don't, right?" Glancing in different directions, Wulf thought he caught a glimpse of something moving through the foliage. "Good luck on your mission."
Separating from Sky to increase his chances of finding a Slinkajou, and give her some space, Wulf decided to first find some berries to use as bait... Or peace offerings.
"Come out Sizzly." The fire bear appeared in front of him and shook its head a couple of times before looking at its trainer. "Hey buddy, I need some help finding berries. Think you can do it?" The fire type almost seemed to smile before it nodded and got to work searching. Luckily, it didn't take long for the duo to find a Pecha berry tree. "Perfect!" Wulf immediately started climbing the tree with his Sizzly close behind him and before long they were already sitting on one of the lower branches giving each other a high-five before browsing the available fruit for any ripe ones.

~Crest Island~

"Baihu, Mufasa, Hayate, keep up!" Leona Silver was jogging through the town on Crest Island with her Whirlpuss, Litleo, and Cirkit, the three felines just short of running alongside their trainer. It was something that Leona liked to do, training beside her Pokemon. It helped her feel closer to her team when they were training together like this, kinda like comrades in arms. Sure, there are some minor disputes every now and then, but they are usually resolved quite quickly. Deciding it was time for a break, Leona whistled and started slowing down as she went to the Pokemon Center, her Pokemon following suit. Just as she arrived, she noticed two other trainers about to go in as well and turned back to her team, their PokeBalls in hand. "Ok guys, return!" The Pokemon disappeared in a flash of light, Leona nodded as she walked in after Aceso and Alexander. "Don't mind me, just here for a checkup."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“I’m coming with you, I need to heal my Pokémon,” Alexander replied, following Aceso to the Pokémon Center.

Ragcoon was not far behind. The small raccoon pup was quite agile, and would have no problems keeping up with the gang. It started looking around for items and/or berries to pick up, and wandered off very slightly. Soon, it found a berry bush, and returned with two Oran Berries in mouth, offering them to Alexander.

“Thanks, Ragcoon. I appreciate it. Keep on for yourself, you might need one,”

Ragcoon nodded and gave one to Alexander while keeping the other inside one of its rags.

Ragcoon received an Oran Berry!

But at the same time, another trainer walked up to the group.

“Oh hey, no probl-“ Alexander was cut off.

Ragcoon seemed frightened by the sudden appearance of another trainer and began to run off to the nearest trash can, which was nearby the Pokemon Center.

Aceso turned, turned curious by Ragcoon's fear. It's a grocery and healing center; other people were to be expected. She tipped her head at the stranger, before turning back to the counter to pay for her map and various other supplies. Mostly Potions but there were some Pokeballs in there too.

Aceso didn't have any reason to exchange conversation with strangers, and hoped Alexander followed suit. They had somewhere to be, after all. Yet knowing him, Aceso expected him to stop anyway. Such were the ways of the world.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
"Ragcoon!" Alexander exclaimed, chasing after the Pokemon. He saw it next to the trash can, seeming afraid. The raccoon Pokemon shivered a little, but once it saw Alexander, it felt relieved.

"Don't worry; you're safe. No one will harm you," Alexander smiled as he returned Ragcoon to its Poke Ball.

Alexander then took out Wigwarm's Poke Ball and went to heal his Pokemon, bringing it to the counter to Nurse Joy. While he waited, he went up to the other girl.

"I didn't know that was going to occur, haha. My apologies,"

Alexander didn't seem to fulfill Aceso's expectations that he wouldn't start a conversation.

When Sky came to the desired spot, she set Puggle down. On the way, she was trying to think up nicknames for him.

"Suds might work. You know, because you blow bubbles."

The Puggle turned his bill up and ambled towards a near by berry bush. He didn't seem the least bit interested.

"Okay, okay. I'll work on it."

Sky crouched down in the grass. Her eyes scanned the canopy for movement. A flash of green. A touch of red. So far, nothing. She released she could be waiting here a long time. Hummingblooms never stayed in one place for long. They were perpetually in motion, flitting from tree to tree, branch to branch, and flower to flower. The Hummingburr, whom Sky knew just recently evolved, would no doubt be incredibly fast. Still, one could hope. A split second. Perfect timing. That was all she needed to complete her goal.

Professor Gem's Yard, Coronet City

"There's no such thing as a silly question," Professor Gem assured Diana. "Truth be told, there are almost no visible differences between male and female Wulfleurs. However, I can confidently say that your Pokémon is indeed a girl."

He bet down to scratch the grass wolf's ears. "She's a bundle of personality, like all Wulfleurs, and being a female she'll evolve to have high protective instincts. Males tend to be more solitary, but they tend to do most anything to protect their pack. Keep that in mind when training her."

"There's a lot of unripe fruit up here. Not much that's sufficiently edible or useable." Wulf looked at the three ripe berries he picked before looking at Sizzly eating the only one that he could find. "The Slinkajou must've gotten the vast majority of them already, eh pal?"
While the duo took a break from berry hunting, Wulf heard a light rustling in the branches and leaves nearby. Stopping what he was doing, he turned towards the sound and quickly and quietly climbed down the tree and started sneaking towards it. Sizzly, on the other hand, was still up in the tree and dozing off. Not knowing what to expect, Wulf tossed one of the Pecha berries towards the bush to see what would come out. That is, if anything will come out.

~Professor Gem's Yard~

"Thanks Professor, I will." Diana looked at the Wulfleur before announcing. "Now that I know, I'll call you Lupa." Hearing her new name, Lupa barked and jumped into Diana's arms, licking her neck while trying to lick her face. Diana laughed as she calmed the Grass type before looking at the professor. "You forgot to add very affectionate."

~Crest Island Pokemon Center~

Leona looked Alexander over before she spoke. "It's alright, he probably caught my Pokemons' scents and got spooked." She then extended a hand to Alexander. "The name's Leona. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you and your friend look to be just starting out. Am I right?"

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Alexander picked up his Poke Balls as they were healed while talking with Leona. He didn’t mean to act disrespectful, he just needed to get things done and start heading to the gym. He did forget, at least for a bit, that Aceso was watching, which could make her impatient.

“Yeah, we just started not too long ago, and we’re going to the gym soon,” Alexander explained as he put the just healed Poke Balls in his pocket.

"Talk about coincidence, I'm thinking about heading there too." Leona retrieved her PokeBalls from the nurse before she continued. "My pride and I had just finished a round of training and were planning to challenge the gym here."

Aceso sighed, turning. Well, guess there is no such thing as a stranger with Alexander around.
"That is quite wonderful for you, then, isn't it? Hmm? I do such enjoy idle prattle but we are holding up a line, in case you didn't notice."

Aceso sighed again. "Your pride? Are you, perhaps, a feline inclined trainer? Interesting. I have a Meowth myself, but they are rather hard to deal with...But I digress. The line." Aceso gestured towards the many other patrons who needed things and healing.

"Oh, right." Leona quickly moved away from the counter before introducing herself to Aceso. "I'm Leona Silver. I'd introduce my Pokemon, but it'd be better to do so outside."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Oh yeah. The line…” Alexander muttered as he went outside the Pokemon Center after looking and the rather busy line. He looked at Aceso, seeming slightly apologetic before heading outside of the Pokémon Center.

Alexander was wondering whether or not Leona and Aceso would get into in argument, but he surely hoped they wouldn’t. After all, arguing wouldn’t be a great thing to hear before a battle.

Sky was just on the verge of falling asleep when she heard a familiar buzz. A Hummingbloom's wings beat faster than any bird Pokémon in the known world. She nudged Puggle who was curled up beside her. "Stay sharp."

A blur of green zipped past. Sky squinted as the small aerial object came into focus. It resembled a small bird with a long beak, two long gingko leaf tail feathers, and green and white plumage save for the red lotus pattern on its chest. These were the unmistakeable markings of a male Hummingbloom. Sky gave the signal to move in. Her eyes fixed to the Grass/Flying-type Pokémon hovering in the air.

"Okay, Puggle!" She whispered. "When I say 'bubble' aim right for that tiny bird Pokémon flying next to that tree."

Puggle nodded. Sky readied a Poké Ball. Being a former softball pitcher, she remembered how to throw a good curve. It was the one sport she begged her parents to sign her up for, given it would prepare her for moments like this.

"On my mark," she told Puggle. "Get ready...and.......Bubble!"

Puggle fired on command, however, the Hummingbloom spotted the incoming attack and darted out of the way. So much for taking him by surprise, Sky thought. Puggle fired again and again. Both times the Hummingbird Pokémon flitted out of reach just at the last second, moving like an elegant dancer through the air.

Sky decided to take her chances with the pitch. She let the Poké Ball fly. As predicted, the Hummingbloom attempted to dart to the side, but the ball curved. In a flash of light, the Poké Ball swallowed the Hummingbloom and snapped shut. Sky and Puggle ran to the spot where the Poké Ball fell. The light was still blinking. Sky held her breath and watched as the Poké Ball shook one...two...three times. Puggle approached the ball.

In a split second, the Poké Ball bursted apart smacking poor Puggle on the nose. The Hummingbloom flew up into the air, hovered for a few seconds as if mocking them, the zipped away.

Puggle chittered angrily, spewing a few bubbles through his mouth in a last ditch effort to get back at the Pokémon for bonking him on the bill. Sky bent down and picked up the shattered remains of the Poké Ball. When Sky stood up again, she noticed Puggle was hanging his head. She ambled over to her Pokémon and sat next to him.

"Hey, it's okay. You did great! Not your fault that he didn't want to join the team."

Puggle glanced up at her. His sad eyes made him look adorable.

"Eh! Who wants a preppy miniature bird anyway? We don't need him. He's a fool to think we're not good enough."

Chut! Puggle agreed.

Sky stood up again.

"Guess we better go find Wulf. I hope he's having better luck than we are."

Professor Gem's Yard, Coronet City

Professor Gem chuckled. "Indeed! One must never forget that."

He thought about wishing Diana good luck on her Pokémon Journey, but all it took was one look at her and Lupa and she knew that she would not need it. Instead he offered her some advice.

"If you're going to take on Blair the Fire Type Gym Leader, you're going to need at least two more Pokémon in your party. I recommend a ground or a water type, but a fighting type might also be good to have."

He bit his lip, not wanting to spoil anything. "Her gym is located in the city square near the mall. I happen to know one other trainer is challenging her after three straight defeats. If you can find him, he might be able to give you tips.

Aceso crossed her arms, and said "I am Aceso Moustakas. Don't forget it."

She walked outside, tapping her foot.
"If you really insist on showing us every single Pokemon despite the fact we just met and might not have an interest, then go ahead."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Geez, Access-io, is this how you normally treat people when you first meet them? Because that was as cold as an Ice Beam,” Alexander asked. He wasn’t directly defending Leona, as he really wanted to let this play out for his personal entertainment.

“Anyways, nice to meet you, Leona. I’m Alexander Aetos, and as you heard from the Ice-type over there, she’s Access-io Mousetakes,” Alexander extended his hand for a handshake while he gave Aceso a weird wink.

~Secret Grove~

Wulf held still as he watched the Pecha berry, waiting for whatever was hiding to come out. He was probably there for about five minutes before he saw the small Pokemon come out of the bush, cautiously crawling to the berry in front of it while revealing that it was in fact a Slinkajou. Wulf stayed as stiff as a statue while the Dark/Grass began eating the Pecha berry, turning back towards the bush it came from just in case it needed to run. The second its back was turned, Wulf sprung into action, flinging a PokeBall at it and watching as the ball shook three times before clicking shut. "Yes!" Wulf retrieved the PokeBall before turning back to Sizzly. "Come on buddy, let's meet up with Sky!"

~Professor Gem's Yard/Coronet City~

Diana nodded. "Thanks for everything Professor. I'll be sure to document any Divine forms I come across. Right now, though, I think Lupa and I are going to make some new friends."

~Crest Island~

Leona smiled at Aceso. "I'll only show you if you're interested in a warmup battle before the gym." She then turned back to Alexander and grabbed his hand with a strong grip while joking. "I think you're girlfriend is more like a Dragon type than Ice."

Aceso seemed shocked. "GIRLFRIEND!? W-with that s-scatterbrain!? ALEXANDER?" She seemed genuinely shocked and embarrassed. "He probably wouldn't even remember if he was dating anyone! No! YOU can have him! And I'm a Fire type," Aceso responded with a note of trepidation. She turned away from them, hiding her uncomposed face. "I don't want a battle...You can fight him."

Aceso shook her head in shock and irritation. "Dating him...as if..." she mumbled that and similar curses under her breath.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Alexander chuckled a little as he let go of Leona’s hand. He was a little more on the dense side, so he didn’t really think of Aceso’s response to the “girlfriend” allegations.

“She claims I’m her childhood friend, but I don’t really have any memories together, heh,” Alexander smiled.

“And I’ve love to battle, but I’m kinda eager to… get to the gym right now. In fact, we should start heading there right now!” Alexander seemed quite hyper.

Leona raised an eyebrow before speaking. "I hope you trained enough, first time gym challenges can be quite a doozy. Not something to take lightly." As she finished talking, Baihu popped out of his PokeBall, the Whirlpuss demanding attention from his trainer. "Oh alright, Baihu. Just for a little bit though, we still have to challenge the gym you know."
With that said, Leona proceeded to pet the Water type, occasionally scratching behind his ears while he purred.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Actually, I’d love to train a little. You have a point, I can’t just get into the gym right away. Plus, my starter is at a disadvantage when it comes to typing,” Alexander nodded, as he took out his Wigwarm and Ragcoon.

“Here’s my two Pokémon. You’ve seen Ragcoon, and here’s Wigwarm,”

Ragcoon saw the Whirlpuss and flinched a little. Alexander gave Ragcoon a pet on the head, trying to reassure it.

“Don’t worry, that Pokemon won’t harm you when I’m here.”

Ragcoon nodded, but it stayed behind Wigwarm and Alexander for now.

Wigwarm still seemed fired up from the earlier incident with Queen.

~Secret Grove~

While sauntering back to the grove's entrance Sky and Puggle heard a triumphant shout.

"That will be Wulf, I bet," said Sky.

Puggle took off in the direction of the shout with Sky close behind. They found Wulf with a Poké Ball in his hand, and his seemingly pleased looking Sizzly. Sky instantly perked up.

"Tell me you caught a Slinkajou," she said, shoving the broken remains of her Poké Ball into her pocket. Meanwhile, Puggle was investigating a bush. Something smelled funny....

Aceso melted a bit during their exchange. Maybe she had been a tad cold, but she just wanted to get where she was going. Aceso supposed that maybe it wouldn't hurt too terribly to stop and smell the roses...
"Fine. Since you bothered to say my name correctly." Her cheeks were still flushed with nervousness. She threw her Pokeballs and out came Queen and Earl.

Queen regarded Whirlpuss with curiosity. Another cat? How interesting...
Meanwhile Earl just let out a puff of air, curling up to sleep.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
"I think I should be good, these two should be enough to beat the gym alone," Alexander said confidently.

Wigwarm stared directly at Queen, remembering the earlier incident between the two. He looked about ready to unleash another Ember toward the cat Pokemon.

"Easy, Wigwarm. We can sort this out later, but we need to focus on training right now," Alexander attempted to calm Wigwarm down, with mixed results.

Ragcoon looked around for a trash can, meanwhile. It seemed less scared now than it was before.

~Secret Grove~

Wulf turned to face Sky. "You bet. I managed to catch it without battling." He held out the PokeBall containing Slinkajou. "Come on out Slinkajou!" The Dark/Grass type shook itself a little bit before looking around.
"Over here girl." Wulf held out another berry and offered it to the Pokemon, Slinkajou quickly snatching it from his hand and chowing down. Wulf crouched down next to Slinkajou before looking back at Sky. "How bout you? Any luck on your end?"
Meanwhile, Sizzly joined Puggle in investigating the bush out of curiosity.

~Crest Island~

Leona shrugged and brought out two more PokeBalls. "Alright. Mufasa, Hayate, come on out." The Litleo and Cirkit stretched before looking at Aceso and Alexander and then their Pokemon. "Yep, this is my pride so far. Say hello guys."

Meowth was extremely interested in all the cats. Perfect! Something that looked like her! The world truly did have beauty if there was anything like Queen!

Aceso sighed, amused by her Meowth's curiosity. Meowth was jumping around, more energetic than before.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“That’s a lot of Cat Pokemon right there…” Alexander seemed overwhelmed by the fact that the majority of the Pokémon there were like the same species.

Wigwarm cooled itself down, but it still seemed rather fired up at the moment.

Ragcoon shivered a little, but it still stayed near Alexander, still keeping faith in Alexander’s promise.

“So, how do you guys wanna train? Do you just want to battle, test out moves, or something else?”

Leona chuckled at Queen's reaction to her team. "She's very excitable isn't she?" Meanwhile, her own Pokemon decided to investigate the newcomers, Mufasa the Litleo walking over to Alexander while Hayate the Cirkit went over to Aceso. It seemed that Queen's reaction was a little bit confusing and too high energy for Leona's own Pokemon at the moment.
"As far as training goes, I suggest we go outside of town first. Don't want to risk that kind of collateral damage."

Sky sighed. "Sadly, no." She showed Wulf what remained of the broken Poké Ball.

"Turns out my old nemesis is thoroughly content staying free. Seems like Slinkajou likes you though."

Puggly hissed. The fur on his back stood on end, catching Sky's attention. "What's wrong, boy?"

Puggle crawled under the bush. He emerged at the opposite end, near an odd set of foot prints. He looked over his shoulder, coaxing Sizzly and the others to follow him.

"What do you think?" Sky asked Wulf.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
"Oh, hey there!" Alexander looked at the Litleo, giving it a small pat on the head. Wigwarm looked curiously at the fellow fire type and seemed to like being around it. Ragcoon continued to get over its fear of the other Pokemon as it watched in the safety of Alexander.

"Sure thing, let's head out," Alexander led the group outside the more populated area they were just in for about 3 minutes. He didn't get out too far from the area - just far enough that damage wouldn't be done to any buildings. The area they were in was quite open, just like most of Crest Island, which meant it was perfect for training and battles.

Aceso sighed. This would be a nice distraction, she supposed. "Make it quick, you two."
Her Pokemon folowed, Earl sighing the whole way.

Queen frisked around all the cats, moving with excitement and energy.
Queen's energy was at odds with earlier. The change having friends could make.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
"We won't take that long," Alexander assured Aceso as he commanded Wigwarm and Ragcoon to prepare for quick training. He didn't want this to last too long either; he just needed to ensure he had the gym on lockdown.

"Hey Leona, would you want to do a double battle that we end early so we don't exhaust any of our Pokemon?" Alexander requested as Ragcoon and Wigwarm stood at his side.

"Hmm, alright. I'll be using Mufasa and Hayate then." Hearing their names, the two felines come back to Leona before facing Alexander's Wigwarm and Ragcoon. "Ready when you are."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Alright! Let’s do this! You got this, you two! Show them who’s boss!” Alexander nodded and gave the signal to get ready.

Wigwarm made a yelling sound while Ragcoon began to run right next to Wigwarm, seeming a little frightened yet still ready for battle.

“Wigwarm, use Tackle on Hayate! Ragcoon, use Sand Attack on Hayate as well! Let’s go!”

Wigwarm aggressively went for a Tackle towards the Cirkit, while Ragcoon shot sand towards the same target, hoping to lower its accuracy.

~Secret Grove~

Wulf dropped to all fours trying to see what Puggle was hissing about before making his decision. Not able to see anything, he stood back up and turned to Sky. "It might lead to trouble, but we should probably see what's got him on edge."
Realizing that she might get left behind, Slinkajou quickly jumped onto Wulf's back before perching on his right shoulder. Wulf gave a small laugh before petting the Dark/Grass type. "Don't worry, I wasn't planning on leaving you behind."

~Crest Island~

"Hayate! Evade and use Aqua Jet on Wigwarm!" Leona then turned to her Litleo. "Mufasa, Headbutt Ragcoon!"
While Hayate was able to evade the Tackle from Wigwarm, even attacking it in turn, he still got sand in his eyes from the Sand Attack. But while the Ragcoon's focus was on Hayate, Mufasa quickly pounced, aiming to hit it with a headbutt.
On the sidelines, Baihu had just finished grooming himself and decided to take a seat next to Aceso and her Pokemon. As much as he would have liked to participate in the battle, he knew that the other two needed the experience more than him at the moment.

Last edited:

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Dodge them! Quick!”

Wigwarm and Ragcoon were both unable to dodge the respective attacks sent at them despite the Sand Attack that lowered Cirkit’s accuracy.

Ragcoon seemed to take the hit well, gaining only a small sum of damage, but Wigwarm didn’t take it so well.

Wigwarm seemed a little more angry than it was before - the super-effective hit hurt more than anything it had felt before.

“Wigggg……!” Wigwarm growled.

“You two alright?” Alexander seemed concerned for his two Pokémon. Ragcoon nodded, while Wigwarm growled once more.

“Alright, glad to hear it! Use the same combination of moves, once more!”

Copying what was done earlier, Wigwarm aggressively went for a Tackle and Ragcoon shot sand at Cirkit for a Sand Attack.

"Hayate! Dodge and Spark the Ragcoon! Mufasa! Headbutt Wigwarm!" Being able to dodge both attacks completely, the Cirkit enveloped his small body in electricity before attacking Ragcoon. Mufasa charged from the side, slamming his head into Wigwarm this time.
"You'll have to do better than that, Alex." Leona called over to her opponent. Getting slightly bored, Baihu padded closer to Earl and started pressing his paws into his back. It wasn't random, but quite rhythmic like a massage. Hopefully the Grass type would not mind.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
However, the Spark from Hayate completely missed. Ragcoon had no need to dodge, the Sand Attack from earlier already lowered the accuracy of the attack.

“Wigwarm, now!”

Wigwarm managed to sidestep the head in the nick of time.

Alexander completely ignored what Leona was saying - he didn’t want to satisfy anything that she was saying, even though

“Now, both of you, Tackle Hayate! Now! Full speed!”

Both Pokémon went for a Tackle this time, but they approached Hayate from both of its sides.