• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Bronze and Iron {Discussion Thread}

Why y'all apologizing!? Ain't no problem with just brainstorming, it's not like y'all were role playing without me.

And yes, We must indeed look like competent people as the discussions 'OG's in order to draw in at least 1 more organism capable of typing.
I figure if no one else submits a character form by Sunday, we can get started anyway. People can always join after they see how much fun we are having. I was just hoping to get one more so we wouldn't have our eyes glued to the screen for so long. Not too mention spraining our poor fingers from typing.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
This discussion thread and region seems very interesting and well thought out! I’ll be sending in a character form when I get the chance today. :)

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Name: Alexander Aetos
Hometown: Was born in Crest Island, but moved to Pewter City. He doesn't recall his experience being born in the region, but he wants to return back. His starting point will be at Crest Island, of course.
Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/him)
Appearance: Alexander has short, dark brown hair that spikes up on the top and is mostly cut off on the sides. He has light brown eyes and a lightly tanned complexion. He has a build in between being athletic and slim, and is 5'10. He often wears a white t-shirt with a red poke-ball symbol on it, a black and red lightweight zip sweatshirt, and jeans.
Bio (optional): Alexander is the definition of ambitious, as he sets high goals for himself. He can be be quite loud and energetic (even to the point of being obnoxious at times) and will definitely joke around in times of peace. He also has a fond love of music. He loves Pokemon and focuses on making a good bond with them but also making them strong. However, he can easily get frustrated. When he or his friends are in danger, he tends to ditch his mostly positive personality and will lock in, doing whatever it takes to fix the situation and will become rather angry.
Occupation (optional): Pokemon Trainer
Pokémon Starter: Wigwarm - Level 5 (Ember, Growl, Scratch)
Other: N/A

Last edited:
Bio (optional): Alexander is the definition of ambitious, as he sets high goals for himself. He can be be quite loud and energetic (even to the point of being obnoxious at times) and will definitely joke around in times of peace. He also has a fond love if music. He loves Pokemon and focuses on making a good bond with them but also making them strong. However, he can easily get frustrated. When he or his friends are in danger, he tends to ditch his mostly positive personality and will lock in, doing whatever it takes to fix the situation and will become rather angry.

It is the opposite of Aceso and I love it. While one is the Princess type who is completely serious and almost never makes jokes, the other is the one who makes jokes and is almost never completely serious!
And they both start at crest island! There is no way these two aren't best buddies and/or worst enemies.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
It is the opposite of Aceso and I love it. While one is the Princess type who is completely serious and almost never makes jokes, the other is the one who makes jokes and is almost never completely serious!
And they both start at crest island! There is no way these two aren't best buddies and/or worst enemies.
I didn't want to leave your character alone on Crest Island, so I went with starting there and actually took some opposite "inspiration" from your own character haha

But yeah, I can't wait to see if they are best buds, worst enemies, or both as the RP develops.

I didn't want to leave your character alone on Crest Island, so I went with starting there and actually took some opposite "inspiration" from your own character haha

But yeah, I can't wait to see if they are best buds, worst enemies, or both as the RP develops.
Headcanon for if they both actually grew up there together; When they were kids, their parent's called them Double A Batteries when referring to them because Aceso & Alexander make double A. Those same parents then turn around and remark that 'Aceso Aetos' sounds like part of an ancient curse instead of the name of a wife.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Headcanon for if they both actually grew up there together; When they were kids, their parent's called them Double A Batteries when referring to them because Aceso & Alexander make double A. Those same parents then turn around and remark that 'Aceso Aetos' sounds like part of an ancient curse instead of the name of a wife.

I might need to change a part of Alexander's backstory for that (since I originally said he lived in Coronet but didn't remember a thing), but I'm willing to make that canon.

Of course, I still have to make a reason of why he moved to Pewter City in Kanto, but I'll come up with something.

Hometown: Was born in Crest Island, but moved to Pewter City. He doesn't recall his experience being born in the region, but he wants to return back. His starting point will be at Crest Island, of course.
Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/him)
Appearance: Alexander has short, dark brown hair that spikes up on the top and is mostly cut off on the sides. He has light brown eyes and a lightly tanned complexion. He has a build in between being athletic and slim, and is 5'10. He often wears a white t-shirt with a red poke-ball symbol on it, a black and red lightweight zip sweatshirt, and jeans.
Bio (optional): Alexander is the definition of ambitious, as he sets high goals for himself. He can be be quite loud and energetic (even to the point of being obnoxious at times) and will definitely joke around in times of peace. He also has a fond love of music. He loves Pokemon and focuses on making a good bond with them but also making them strong. However, he can easily get frustrated. When he or his friends are in danger, he tends to ditch his mostly positive personality and will lock in, doing whatever it takes to fix the situation and will become rather angry.
Occupation (optional): Pokemon Trainer
Pokémon Starter: Wigwarm - Level 5 (Ember, Growl, Scratch)
Other: N/A
Accepted! Welcome to Mithos, and if you ever want to make amendments to your Trainer Card, feel free.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Well I was thinking they could have some big ol' reunion in front of the lab and then they could just go in when 'The creator' is ready to reply.
Alright, I’ll do that. I don’t think Alexander would immediately recognize her since he doesn’t have much memories of living on the island.

Alright, I’ll do that. I don’t think Alexander would immediately recognize her since he doesn’t have much memories of living on the island.
Little miss perfect won't have any problem recognizing him, considering how organized and tidy her thoughts are. She has near photographic memory but she's a little rigid in her beliefs.

hey @~Aura~Slashz~ you got it wrong, she chose Aloegar

It looks like she chose Dribbon if you read the first sentence but then she decided upon Aloegar because Queen scratched Dribbon after it pulled her tail.
So really Alexander has the advantage over Aceso, and not the other way around.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
hey @~Aura~Slashz~ you got it wrong, she chose Aloegar

It looks like she chose Dribbon if you read the first sentence but then she decided upon Aloegar because Queen scratched Dribbon after it pulled her tail.
So really Alexander has the advantage over Aceso, and not the other way around.
My apologies for the error. Let me fix that.

@Charlotte Pryce

I have a question about battles, will they be just like in the games, where a move with 100 Accuracy will always hit, or will they be like the anime, where you can dodge those types of moves and make wacky combos?
Good question! Why don't we keep it more towards the game version of battles, if that will keep things easier. Dodging and believable combos will be allowed once Pokémon are better trained or if they have moves/abilities that lower accuracy or raise evasiveness. I just don't want anyone to get upset. So long as the person you are battling doesn't mind, go for whatever makes sense.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
I just realized I have to make a team… and GOSH there are so many options..

Sparten and Zefoal come to mind, and I’m potentially thinking of bringing one Pokémon over from a different region.

Anyone have any ideas for Alexander’s team?

I just realized I have to make a team… and GOSH there are so many options..

Sparten and Zefoal come to mind, and I’m potentially thinking of bringing one Pokémon over from a different region.

Anyone have any ideas for Alexander’s team?
Aipom would suit him well, given that it has lots of energy and is a highly curious and social creature. Plus it won't lose that when it evolves into Ambipom.
Pancham also inhabits that same energy that Aipom does, but the difference is that it becomes more of a big boss type when it evolves.
Although I'm not too terribly sure what kind of style you're going for, I can at least provide a few that would fit Alexanders personality.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Aipom would suit him well, given that it has lots of energy and is a highly curious and social creature. Plus it won't lose that when it evolves into Ambipom.
Pancham also inhabits that same energy that Aipom does, but the difference is that it becomes more of a big boss type when it evolves.
Although I'm not too terribly sure what kind of style you're going for, I can at least provide a few that would fit Alexanders personality.

I would consider those two, but I’m not looking for a Normal type at the moment. Pancham could potentially be an option.

I’m not really sure what style I’m going for either - but I’ll have to figure that out.

I would consider those two, but I’m not looking for a Normal type at the moment. Pancham could potentially be an option.

I’m not really sure what style I’m going for either - but I’ll have to figure that out.
If you're looking for a Normal-type, Eevee is iconic. Of course, in my opinion you can't go wrong with Linoone. Ragcoon, one of the Fakémon native to the Mithos Region might also be an interesting choice. Really it depends on your preference.