• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Coliseum RP Discussion

Actually I do have a question. Do Drifblim have the same tendencies as Drifloon to try to take kids away? If so, then it wouldn't like Carter very much, cuz he's kind of chubby.

Yes, but if the trainer catches a Drifblim as a Drifloon and make friends with it, then it wouldn't want to take them to hell. However, they do have urges, it can be helped through training and bonding with their trainer. Skip to the bottom to get your question answered quickly, I uh... Might've gone a little too far on the information, but maybe there is something here you didn't know about XD

I'm going to cover Drifloon first:

"Due to its aimless drifting, this species is known as "Signpost for Wandering Spirits". It has been known to steal children that mistake it for a regular balloon. However, due to its light weight, it can be resisted easily and is often pulled around. Although created by lost spirits of Pokémon and people, it can be friendly and helpful. It prefers to reside in damp, humid locations and can expand or shrink to express its feelings" (Bulbapedia). The reason why it likes damp, humid environs is because the air's lighter and easier to drift around. When popped, the souls violently leave, making a ghostly scream as they leave their confines.

Now about Drifblim:

"[Drifblim] is strong enough to lift Pokémon or people, but has no control over its flight. This causes it to drift with the wind and end up anywhere. It can, however, inflate and deflate itself with gas to control its altitude. It is rarely active during the day, but usually gathers in groups during evenings. When noticed, the groups will suddenly vanish to unknown locations" (Bulbapedia). They can vanish because they are spirits and can simply go through a portal to the underworld, either made by them, or was there in the first place for them and they're able to see that.

If you pet either a Drifloon or a Drifblim on their tendrils after they start liking you, they'll get sad and wish for you not to touch them, for fear their instincts will take over and take you away.

Now, after all the information is done XD I'll get to your question. Through instincts, a Drifloon and a Drifblim will size up a child/creature to take with them to the "land of the dead" for unknown reasons. Probably for soul harvesting/energy consumption (they can still eat berries XD but in real world sense, they'll steal the energy of other souls to survive). Because Drifblim has made a friend in you, it's natural reaction to seeing you chubby will be to not like you as much, but since this 3'11" (1.2 m), 33.1 lbs (15 kg) hot air balloon/blimp Pokemon is capable of taking a creature probably as big as a teenager/young adult, or even an adult in their 30s away... yea... If the wind conditions are right, they'll got to hell/purgatory or whatever. If they aren't right, they could end up anywhere XD

(This is all conjecture, take what you will from it, since EVERYTHING I say are theories.... based on fact XD)

Well, they get drowzy during the day, (unless "pumped" for a battle XD sorry, not sorry) and large groups of them can open a portal if they pool their ghostly phasing abilities. Ghosts can phase between the world of the dead and the living, it just takes either an object or lots of power to do that.

nah XD I REALLY enjoy telling people about a Pokemon XD but how long would you say that the Drifblim has been with your character? If they had a fun time together and have lots of memories together, then he would fight against his instincts to respect what he looks like. Might still poke fun at him though XD

Was the fourth Pokemon he got, and he got her as a Drifloon. They've been together for about a year. Carter is closest with Snorlax, Hawlucha, and Jigglypuff however, because those were his first 3.

I understand :) It will be understandable that she'll either poke fun at your character for being chubby XD but she'll still be able to take him away, if he doesn't weigh more than 200 lbs XD 90.7 kg if you don't know our American ways XD

Yeah I am actually, i have notifications for emails so it vibrates, and it's right at my bedside. But it's fine, I don't need sleep anyways

I fixed my signature to include my team and their abilities, gender, game level equivalent, and moves. Sorry if this wakes you up XD

Due to her sleepiness, she won't remember all the moves, and she'll mostly use Return, Attract, and other moves she knows they can learn. Greninja and Primarina are the only ones that will use attacks without Angel's say-so

Last edited:
When I woke up I looked through that whole conversation again, pretty good.

And yeah with the signature, I'm glad Zoroark has to listen to you at least, might have a chance.

Oh no Karpman, he will forever be loved in our hearts.

By the way, even if you lose, or forfeit(like what just happened), unless that is a way to remove yourself from the RP, you will have other matches. Just not for First place.

Yeah, I hoped for that. I just didnt know what to,do without controlling pokettrainer's character.

And don't worry about Karpman. He's just had his confidence shaken a little bit. HE SHALL RETURN!!!

I'm sorry that he hasn't returned (will remove him if he doesn't come back in the morning) and then Karpman can do his thing and still have a chance for the tournament. Probably won't be closing this, since we only have 4-5 active people right now, we need more.