• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Coliseum RP Discussion

Zoroark and Zorua can also understand human speech and emotions. Zoroark is able to make itself look like a human and mimic their speech on what they've heard, so they can talk to other humans and be able to understand them, while Zorua can only make mimic emotions on their face and body language. It is like the dark version of a Ninetales, whom can also do the same thing, but minus the illusions and more telepathy, if they're older and have trained in that field.

Well that's true. I really should study up on more stuff. I've been running a little roleplay for a friend, not on this site, and I've been learning a lot more as we go along.

And besides, my character doesn't know all that much about most Pokemon, just Fairy- and Dark-Types :D since those are her forte. You put that Jigglypuff out, and she'll figure out her strengths and weakness lickity-split, and avoid putting her Dark-Types out there. Put anything else out there, and she'll have a brain fart trying to strategize on the spot. While she's thinking, her Pokemon will move around constantly. They all used to dance, whenever she was able to dance with them, so they have dance moves XD

okay, not dance moves as in "Teeter Dance" or anything, but actual, literal, dance stuff, like the waltz and breakdancing XD Her Greninja is the serious dancer and the best one out of all of them XD While her big tough Incineroar is the serene, calm one XD it's funny XD

In hindsight, I could've picked pokémon that have more information about them, most of them are alolan and haven't shown up in the anime or manga much yet. ;-;

And it's cool that your pokémon have their own style of battling too!

That's actually great. And I like Jigglypuff so much more than Wigglytuff, so I decided to put it on Carters team. Also, Jigglypuff and Snorlax look like a great team up.

Yea, and if you have questions about the Pokemon, I can help you flesh out their characteristics, sounds, and much more XD and their typical behaviors fit for what they are XD Those Alolan Pokemon are kind of eh, but they are hardly any different to the ones we've seen before, and most of them are based off of animals in real life that I know of.

Yeah I had a Whismur murmuring in front of him and he doesnt know hat much about Pokemon, so he pulled out his pokedex and it was like "when it's startled it makes sounds as loud as jet planes." He got out of there so fast.

Just tell me the base of what your Pokemon to be like, and I'll help you with lore and shtuff o.o it's quite a bit of research XD so if you don't follow some of it due to forgetting it, it's alright XD

XD oh yea XD my other character I made is a Pokemon researcher, who has the same knowledge I do because it is frustrating to have characters, who play dumb all the time XD when I KNOW BETTER XD

Oh, I'm not using Fakemon, i just made a Region for him and stuff, he knows almost nothing so I get to do almost whatever with him. And yeah thanks

yea XD If it's with fakemon, I'll be cringing and laughing at my character's stupidity XD funny thing is... If I were in her situation, I would do those exact same things XD

I swapped Excadrill and Drampa for Lucario and Altaria, I'm a bit more familiar with these two so I'm happier with them. It's nice of you to offer that, though I've done a lot of lore-hunting myself in the past, so I'm sure I can dig up enough of these guys. Thanks though! ^^

Yea, I kept all of my Pokemon away from being able to mega-evolve before I make a mistake XD and Angel is not as close to Greninja as she is to her newest addition to her team, so he wouldn't be able to use battle bond to "mega evolve" anyway. Not like he can or has the "ability", but XD

Yup, made Carter basically the same too. Even wears the Snorlax Hoodie. I love it so much, even though Snorlax isn't my favourite Pokemon, he sure is near the top.

Off-topic, but I wanted to try my hand at drawing Salazzle, so I looked up "salazzle" on google images for a reference. I've never made a bigger mistake.

from what I could find, there is no repercussion from having a shiny. The only repercussion is making your character one point closer to Mary Sue territory. That's it. But your character isn't that close at all, so having a shiny isn't going to destroy his record XD