• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

You Created a Time Paradox!

Name: Eveline Velsh
Trainer Class: Battler/Biker/Part-Time Model

Physical Appearance: The best way to define Eveline would be a bombshell. She has slightly tanned skin, blonde, wavy hair that goes down to her lower back. She is around 5'8", and has a body that is slightly toned, but still has a dainty frame.

Clothing: Eveline wears a cropped biker jacket with the sleeves removed, along with a white crop top. She also wears a pair of jorts (jean shorts for those unaware) and pair of laced up biker boots. Her ears are pierced with silver roses, and has a small nose piercing as well. To top off the ensemble, she has a pair of dark tinted aviators.

Personality: Generally, Eveline has a very non-caring personality, often shrugging off most people as just a slight annoyance. She can express feelings of gratitude and happiness though, but normally that takes her trying to find a certain spark in a person for who they are. When people do get to know her, she's actually quite the wild child, often making very brash decisions despite what everyone else says.

Backstory: Eveline normally lives in the Unova region, right around Opelucid City, but she often travels the world to see new sights, go on some crazy thrill rides on her precious motorcycle... and for a paycheck occasionally as a model part-time. Since she had a pretty nice body due to her hobby already, it wouldn't hurt to make a little money showing off some clothes with it. Her latest stop was Oblivia, as she had been invited over to teach a bunch of ruffians that there are rules to biking, and considering the kids would likely recognize her from the work she'd done, maybe they would actually listen to her. Plus, she was planning on visiting a friend there anyways. While there, she had also gone to see Professor Hastings to see if they had found a way to make battling while on long trips with her vehicle easier. They had said they had a prototype for something like that, but it was very dangerous. Of course, disregarding that, Eveline took it for a test drive anyways, and a horrible accident happened. Next thing she knew, she was face down in front of Prof. Hasting's place, her bike a flaming hunk of scrap. In a fit, she started pounding the ground, then stormed into his place, but something wasn't right... he looked... slightly younger? And he also didn't recognize her... and that's when she connected the dots... she was in the past, and had no way to get back. After explaining to Hastings what happened, he felt somewhat responsible for this... and as such, began working to repair her bike and the device the future him had made... besides, it was a chance to work with technology from the future! Who wouldn't want to do that? And since it would take a while... Eveline decided she might as well see the world once more.

Team:

Rebellion (Krookodile):
Level: 43
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Bold
BR Moves:
Dig
Crunch
Swagger
Torment
Sandstorm
Rock Slide (TM)
Brick Break (TM)
Foul Play
Standby Moves:
Hone Claws
Leer
Power Trip
Sand Attack
Sand Tomb
Scary Face
Bite

Disorder (Malamar):
Level: 41
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Naughty
BR Moves:
Pluck
Psycho Cut
Foul Play
Night Slash
Swagger
Payback
Reversal
Stored Power (TR)
Standby Moves:
Hypnosis
Peck
Tackle
Wrap
Psybeam
Slash
Switcheroo

Conquest (Sharpedo):
Level: 44
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
BR Moves:
Crunch
Ice Fang
Poison Fang
Psychic Fangs (TR)
Aqua Jet
Swagger
Screech
Focus Energy
Standby Moves:
Leer
Night Slash
Slash
Scary Face
Bite
Agility

Dominance (Honchkrow):
Level: 42
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Serious
BR Moves:
Swagger
Nasty Plot
Aerial Ace (TM)
Sucker Punch
Tailwind (TM)
Night Slash
Steel Wing (TM)
Taunt
Standby Moves:
Assurance
Astonish
Gust
Haze
Mean Look
Night Shade
Peck
Wing Attack

Ruination (Overqwil):
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Adamant
BR Moves:
Brine
Toxic Spikes
Bite
Barb Barrage
Minimize
Stockpile
Fell Stinger
Rest (TM)
Standby Moves:
Poison Sting
Spikes
Tackle
Harden
Pin Missile
Spit Up

Revengence (Pawniard):
Level: 45
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Brave
BR Moves:
Night Slash
Slash
Fury Cutter
Metal Claw
Metal Sound
Sucker Punch (Egg Move)
Torment
Headbutt (Egg Moves)
Standby Moves:
Leer
Scratch
Scary Face
Assurance
Iron Defense

Stuck in the Future:

Formidable (Grimmsnarl):

Level: 44
Ability: Prankster
BR Moves:
Spirit Break
False Surrender
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Taunt
Swagger
Reflect (TM)
Light Screen (TM)
Standby Moves:
Bite
Bulk Up
Confide
Fake Tears
Assurance
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Torment
Flatter

Resentment (Deino):
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Timid
BR Moves:
Dragon Pulse
Head Smash (Egg Move)
Crunch
Headbutt
Dragon Breath
Work Up
Scary Face
Roar
Standby Moves:
Focus Energy
Tackle
Bite
Assurance
Slam

Trifle (Alolan Persian):
Ability: Technician
Nature: Lax
BR Moves:
Fake Out
Bite
Assurance
Pay Day
Fury Swipes
Screech
Taunt
Trailblaze (TM)
Standby Moves:
Growl
Scratch
Switcheroo
Slash
Feint

Deterioration (Alolan Muk):
Ability: Poison Touch
Nature: Careful
BR Moves:
Crunch
Gunk Shot
Knock Off
Poison Jab (TM)
Toxic
Screech
Minimize
Disable
Standby Moves:
Poison Fang
Pound
Bite
Poison Gas
Harden
Acid Spray

Chaos (Houndoom):
Ability: Flash Fire
BR Moves:
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Smog
Incinerate
Beat Up
Comeuppance
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball (TM)
Standby Moves:
Ember
Howl
Leer
Roar
Torment

Imprisonment (Spiritomb):
Level: 45
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Rash
BR Moves:
Confuse Ray
Hex
Shadow Sneak
Sucker Punch
Shadow Ball
Curse
Spite
Psychic (TM)
Standby Moves:
Night Shade
Payback
Memento

Discomfort (Cacturne):
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Hasty
BR Moves:
Leech Seed
Destiny Bond
Ingrain
Sand Attack
Spikes
Toxic Spikes (TM)
Sandstorm (TM)
Standby Moves:
Absorb
Growth
Leer
Poison Sting
Bullet Seed
Power Trip
Payback
Sucker Punch
Pin Missile

Imposition (Crawdaunt):
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Relaxed
BR Moves:
Razor Shell
Night Slash
Knock Off
Swords Dance
Protect
X-Scissor (TM)
Swift
Taunt
Standby Moves:
Harden
Leer
Water Gun
Bubble Beam
Double Hit

Last edited:
You Created a Time Paradox!

Name: Eveline Velsh
Trainer Class: Battler/Biker/Part-Time Model

Physical Appearance: The best way to define Eveline would be a bombshell. She has slightly tanned skin, blonde, wavy hair that goes down to her lower back. She is around 5'8", and has a body that is slightly toned, but still has a dainty frame.

Clothing: Eveline wears a cropped biker jacket with the sleeves removed, along with a white crop top. She also wears a pair of jorts (jean shorts for those unaware) and pair of laced up biker boots. Her ears are pierced with silver roses, and has a small nose piercing as well. To top off the ensemble, she has a pair of dark tinted aviators.

Personality: Generally, Eveline has a very non-caring personality, often shrugging off most people as just a slight annoyance. She can express feelings of gratitude and happiness though, but normally that takes her trying to find a certain spark in a person for who they are. When people do get to know her, she's actually quite the wild child, often making very brash decisions despite what everyone else says.

Backstory: Eveline normally lives in the Unova region, right around Opelucid City, but she often travels the world to see new sights, go on some crazy thrill rides on her precious motorcycle... and for a paycheck occasionally as a model part-time. Since she had a pretty nice body due to her hobby already, it wouldn't hurt to make a little money showing off some clothes with it. Her latest stop was Oblivia, as she had been invited over to teach a bunch of ruffians that there are rules to biking, and considering the kids would likely recognize her from the work she'd done, maybe they would actually listen to her. Plus, she was planning on visiting a friend there anyways. While there, she had also gone to see Professor Hastings to see if they had found a way to make battling while on long trips with her vehicle easier. They had said they had a prototype for something like that, but it was very dangerous. Of course, disregarding that, Eveline took it for a test drive anyways, and a horrible accident happened. Next thing she knew, she was face down in front of Prof. Hasting's place, her bike a flaming hunk of scrap. In a fit, she started pounding the ground, then stormed into his place, but something wasn't right... he looked... slightly younger? And he also didn't recognize her... and that's when she connected the dots... she was in the past, and had no way to get back. After explaining to Hastings what happened, he felt somewhat responsible for this... and as such, began working to repair her bike and the device the future him had made... besides, it was a chance to work with technology from the future! Who wouldn't want to do that? And since it would take a while... Eveline decided she might as well see the world once more.

Team:

Rebellion (Krookodile):
Ability: Moxie
Moves: Dig, Crunch, Swagger, Torment, Sandstorm, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Foul Play

Disorder (Malamar):
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Pluck, Psycho Cut, Foul Play, Night Slash, Swagger, Payback, Reversal, Stored Power

Conquest (Sharpedo):
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves: Crunch, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Psychic Fangs, Aqua Jet, Swagger, Screech, Focus Energy

Dominance (Honchkrow):
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Serious
Moves: Swagger, Nasty Plot, Aerial Ace, Sucker Punch, Tailwind, Night Slash, Steel Wing, Taunt

Ruination (Overqwil):
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Aqua Tail, Poison Jab, Dark Pulse, Barb Barrage, Ice Ball, Shadow Ball, Pin Missile, Rest

Revengence (Pawniard):
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Brave
Moves: Night Slash, Slash, Fury Cutter, Metal Claw, Metal Sound, Sucker Punch, Torment, Beat Up
edgy names, accepted!

Edgy is the only acceptable answer. She'll be dropping in on everyone else at Blue Point soon enough now.

Making a good movepool for Overqwil was very hard though... because his movepool is straight garbage. The only Dark move they learn is Dark Pulse, and Overqwil's Sp. Attack is like... 65.
Payback, Assurance, and Throat Chop are pretty viable since Qwillfish can learn them. If you haven't added those already that is.

Payback, Assurance, and Throat Chop are pretty viable since Qwillfish can learn them. If you haven't added those already that is.
Sadly, those are moves that only Johtoan Qwilfish learns... like A. Sandshrew and G. Corsola, H. Qwilfish has a completely different learnpool, which is something that can't really be worked around. That would mean something like G. Rapidash could learn Flare Blitz.

Sadly, those are moves that only Johtoan Qwilfish learns... like A. Sandshrew and G. Corsola, H. Qwilfish has a completely different learnpool, which is something that can't really be worked around. That would mean something like G. Rapidash could learn Flare Blitz.
When adding moves to a pokemon, especially with a game like Legends Arceus, I think moves learned by a regional counterpart would be closer/more viable than say, Crunch or Foul Play. In this case, H. Qwilfish is already a Dark type, so adding J. Qwilfish's dark type moves seems perfectly reasonable to me.

As opposed to G. Rapidash learning Flare Blitz, I'd say it's more akin to G. Rapidash learning Reflect, which it can't learn normally bt K. Rapidash can learn in Gen 7.

The determining factor for me would be the typing of the move and how far removed it is from the existing move pool.

Based on this: List of Moves in Pokemon Legends Arceus, I'd wager the only reason H. Qwilfish doesn't get those three moves is because none of them exist in LA.

When adding moves to a pokemon, especially with a game like Legends Arceus, I think moves learned by a regional counterpart would be closer/more viable than say, Crunch or Foul Play. In this case, H. Qwilfish is already a Dark type, so adding J. Qwilfish's dark type moves seems perfectly reasonable to me.

As opposed to G. Rapidash learning Flare Blitz, I'd say it's more akin to G. Rapidash learning Reflect, which it can't learn normally bt K. Rapidash can learn in Gen 7.

The determining factor for me would be the typing of the move and how far removed it is from the existing move pool.

Based on this: List of Moves in Pokemon Legends Arceus, I'd wager the only reason H. Qwilfish doesn't get those three moves is because none of them exist in LA.
I mean if you want to let me give them a buff like that, I have no issues with it.

Move Overhaul

Alright peoples, it's time for a move system overhaul. Feel free to give your thoughts and criticisms.

Skip to the bottom if you want a TL;DR/Summary of everything.

Before I get asked: no, it isn't necessary, but I want to and it's a good opportunity to set some clear ground rules about some things, like Legend's Arceus' Mastery System, which I certainly plan to make use of but don't want to see abused.

For example, any pokémon with Serene Grace—looking at you, Togekiss.

Idk bout y'all, but I have no desire to see Serene Grace Togekiss spamming Strong-Style Air Slash for a STAB 90-BP move with a practically guaranteed flinch; or, if that is allowed, it should come with a sufficient trade-off so it isn't broken.

I will be accepting suggestions and ideas on how to balance Mastered moves.

Now onto more standard things. We currently implement an 8-move limit intended to make pokémon with wider move-pools less broken and more balance by restricting options; after having @Hecotoro 's Swampert spam EQ against me, I have decided these restrictions don't go far enough! Jk, but there is something to be said about filling your 8 move slots with: Fire Blast, Thunder, Focus Blast, Hyperbeam, Nasty Plot, etc., and then using these crazy strong moves back-to-back-to-back.

Here's the deal: high base power (henceforth BP) moves should be taxing and while this doesn't mean all of them to turn into Hyperbeam/Giga Impact where your pokémon can't move, it does mean pokemon should show some level of exertion after using these moves. If your Pikachu just spammed thunder 10 times without breaking a sweat then you've gone too far or it's on drugs.

Short aside: I do recall there being several items in various canons (side games, animes, manga, etc.) that can 'super-charge' pokémon. If you wish to put in the effort and research to find the, present them in the discussion thread, and then use them, great! If it helps the story you want to write then power to ya, just be mindful of other Rpers.

I will not be forcing a PP system onto people unless spamming moves gets out of hand. I trust that people can exercise good judgment.

That said, here's the new move system I have in mind:

Moves will be treated like skills or muscles, you have to exercise them or they degrade over time. You only have so much time and energy to spend on working out/exercising, so you can only keep so many moves in tippity-top condition. These will be referred to as 'Battle-Ready' moves and they can be used as normal, and you will be allowed to have your pokemon 'Master' then L.A. style.

Moves that are NOT Battle Ready can still be used but they will take a penalty of 50%.

Here's an example:

This is Esvora, the Garchomp
garchomp.gif

Her battle-ready moves are:
1. Outrage
2. Earthquake
3. Iron head
4. Poison Jab
5. Dragon Claw
6. Brick Break
7. Giga Impact
8. Scale Shot

She can use these moves at 100% efficacy: full BP and all the effects that come with them.

Outside of these battle-ready moves, she also knows: Sword Dance, Draco Meteor, and Sandstorm. She hasn't been keeping these moves sharp so while she can still use them in battle, their effectiveness would be reduced by 50%.

Sword Dance, will be reduced to a paltry +1 atk boost.
Draco Meteor would be reduced to 70 BP and a 1-stage Sp. Atk drop.
Sandstorm would only last for 2-3 turns instead of 4-5.

Makes sense?

Now, of course, Esvora could change while moves she keeps battle ready. So she could replace Giga Impact with Draco Meteor. Now she can use Draco Meteor at full power and Giga Impact takes the penalty. HOWEVER, re-training a move takes time. I'm not gonna tell you to RP it and have it takes weeks or anything, but don't try to use this as a quick swap.

I'm in the middle of a tournament and I want to quickly swap out my battle-ready moves—Nu-uh.

TMs/TRs can get around this, however, as the whole point of those is to grant your pokemon quick access to a move. If you want to use TMs/TRs to quick-swap your battle-ready moves then go ahead.

TL;DR

1.) Legends Arceus' Mastery System is fair game, but we need to look into further rules so it isn't abusable.
2.) No back-to-back spamming of high BP moves without good reason
3.) Hard move limit will be removed.

3.1) You have access to all your moves but can only use 8 of them at full effectiveness/battle-ready.
3.2) Moves that are NOT battle-ready will take a 50% penalty. Keep track of your battle-ready moves.
3.3) Swapping your battle-ready moves is allowed but should not be instantaneous unless you're using a TM/TR.
3.4) Moves that only inflict status conditions: Thunderwave, Will-o-wisp, Hypnosis, etc. must be battle-ready. Moves like Protect and Detect will also fall under this.

@Hecotoro
@DarkHydraT
@ThAtGuY101
@Grand Master Koop
@Alternate_Mystery
@IDKWhatUserNameToDo
@~Patriot~
@Godjacob
@Red Gallade
@Mango137
@Retro Master
@GQuasch
@RenzFlintrock
@ThePlayfulFox
@critterisgrey
So this is what you meant when you said happy reading over on Discord

Name: ??? "Neo" ???
Trainer Class: Rocket Boss (Aspiring)
Physical Appearance: Neo stands tall at 6’ flat, with broad shoulders that belie toned muscle. He has dusky skin and sharp, narrow eyes.
Clothing: Slick, Sharp, Suave; that's how a Boss should be. Emulating the style of the famous Giovanni, Neo can only be found in the finest of wears: sleek black pants and a red shirt, always pressed to perfection, with prominent creases where there should be creased and not a wrinkle anywhere else; over his shirt is a black vest, with a single pocket near his left breast; within that pocket is a pocket-square/handkerchief folded into a rose; blooming at the center of that rose is a single, handkerchief pin that prominently displays a golden ‘R’; finishing it all off, Neo also dons a shoulder jacket. The shoulder jacket is held, almost lazily to his body by the golden braids of an aiguilette, that stretch between like-colored epaulets on either shoulder.
Neo has a few accessories that include a silver ring and a felt hat.

Personality: Vindictive. Conspiracist. Ambitious. Callous. Machiavellian.
Backstory: ???

Starter: Allushia (Gastly)
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Confuse Ray*, Lick, Hypnosis*, Mean Look*, Poison Gas*, Hex*, Astonish, Venoshock, Curse, Payback, Spite, Night Shade*

Battle Ready moves are italicized and marked with an ''

TL;DR

1.) Legends Arceus' Mastery System is fair game, but we need to look into further rules so it isn't abusable.
2.) No back-to-back spamming of high BP moves without good reason
3.) Hard move limit will be removed.

3.1) You have access to all your moves but can only use 8 of them at full effectiveness/battle-ready.
3.2) Moves that are NOT battle-ready will take a 50% penalty. Keep track of your battle-ready moves.
3.3) Swapping your battle-ready moves is allowed but should not be instantaneous unless you're using a TM/TR.
3.4) Moves that only inflict status conditions: Thunderwave, Will-o-wisp, Hypnosis, etc. must be battle-ready. Moves like Protect and Detect will also fall under this.
Oh god, thank you so much! :-O
There were quite a few stuff I wanted to do and then realized "oh wait, I didn't put that move on my Moveset, so I can't" and had to go back to my character sheet to see what moves I had. It also felt weird that I had to use, for example, a full Thunder attack even if all I wanted was a small jolt.

This also means I'll have to recheck my Movesets, 'cause that will change a few things. I'll keep the ones I've used so far as Battle-Ready until I'm done with the Ruins before any major changes, since after that I'll make a time-skip of a few weeks until the Sanguine Event starts in-RP.

Quick Reveal of Esther's pokemon's move sets under the new system. Ones in bold are battle ready.

Pyrrha (Jangmo-o)
  • Dragon Breath (Egg Move)*
  • Scale Shot (Tutor)*
  • Tackle (L1 SwSh)
  • Leer (L1 SwSh)
  • Bide (L9 SM)*
  • Protect (L4 SwSh)*
  • Dragon Tail (L8 SwSh)*
  • Scary Face (L12 SwSh)
  • Headbutt (L16 SwSh)*
  • Work Up (L20 SwSh)*
  • Screech (L24 SwSh)
  • Iron Defense (L28 SwSh)*

Kasriel (G. Zigzagoon)

• Parting Shot (Egg move SwSh Thievul Parent)*
  • Tackle (L1 SwSh)
  • Leer (L1 SwSh)
  • Sand Attack (L3 SwSh)
  • Lick (L6 SwSh)*
  • Snarl (L9 SwSh)*
  • Headbutt (L12 SwSh)*
  • Baby-Doll Eyes (L15 SwSh)*
  • Pin Missile (L18 SwSh)*
  • Rest (L21 SwSh)*
  • Take Down (L24 SwSh)*

Pariparisithea (Munna)

• Stored Power (L1 SwSh)*
  • Psywave (L1 SM)*
  • Defense Curl (L1 SwSh)
  • Hypnosis (L4 SwSh)*
  • Lucky Chant (L5 SM)
  • Yawn (L7 SM)*
  • Psybeam (L8 SwSh)*
  • Imprison (L12 SwSh)*
  • Moonlight (L16 SwSh)*
  • Magic Coat (L20 SwSh)*

Tarah Ta'Ella (Bounsweet)

• Play Rough (Egg Move USUM Comfey)*
  • Synthesis (Egg Move USUM Comfey)*
  • Splash (L1 SwSh)*
  • Play Nice (L4 SwSh)*
  • Rapid Spin (L8 SwSh)*
  • Razor Leaf (L12 SwSh)*
  • Sweet Scent (L16 SwSh)*

Nâva (Goomy)

• Absorb (L1 SwSh)
  • Tackle (L1 SwSh)
  • Bubble (L1 SM)
  • Water Gun (L5 SwSh)
  • Acid Spray (L6 LA)
  • Protect (L9 SM)
  • Dragon Breath (L10 SwSh)
  • Acid Armor (L11 LA)
  • Bide (L13 SM)

L' Basseau (Surskit)

• Hydro Pump (Egg Move SM - Marill)
  • Aqua Jet (Egg Move SM - Surskit)
  • Bubble (L1 SwSh)
  • Water Gun (L1 SwSh)
  • Quick Attack (L6 SwSh)
  • Sweet Scent (L9 SwSh)
  • Water Sport (L14 SM)
  • Soak (L15 SwSh)

Halay-Alae (Houndour)
  • Sucker Punch (Egg SwSh–Slaking Parent)
  • Counter (Egg–Slaking Parent)
  • Thunder fang (Egg–Houndoom Parent)
  • Nasty Plot (Egg SM–Houndoom Parent)
  • Leer (Lv 1 SM)
  • Ember (Lv 1 SM)
  • Howl (Lv 4 SM)
  • Roar (Lv 7 GSC)
  • Smog (Lv 8 SM)
  • Bite (lv 16 SM)
  • Taunt (lv 20 SwSh)
  • Odor Sleuth (lv 20 SM)
  • Beat Up (lv 26 SwSh)

Define "disastrous" consequences? I'm all for conflict but I don't want this to be another "Pokemon BUT EDGY" type scenario.
I will not promise you 'not edgy', I'm out to rebuild a criminal empire, so some crime and cruelty are precisely what I plan to do. Gonna need to recruit new Rocket grunts and then expand influence across Kanto and Johto before moving to other regions. That said, I haven't the foggiest idea of how I'll go about this yet, so can't tell you how it'll go.

The easiest way, in my view, will be to take over and subsume existing organizations or criminal groups.

Disasterous consequences largely rely on the extent to which OCs will seek out and interfere with Neo.

I will not promise you 'not edgy', I'm out to rebuild a criminal empire, so some crime and cruelty are precisely what I plan to do. Gonna need to recruit new Rocket grunts and then expand influence across Kanto and Johto before moving to other regions. That said, I haven't the foggiest idea of how I'll go about this yet, so can't tell you how it'll go.

The easiest way, in my view, will be to take over and subsume existing organizations or criminal groups.

Disasterous consequences largely rely on the extent to which OCs will seek out and interfere with Neo.
Desmond may or may not be roped in depending on the whims of my trainer OC I introduce...someday lol but will have to see on that.

You know, I'm a bit tipsy, so hopefully this doesn't sound too bad. XD

Italics* = Battle ready moves
1. Thunderbolt* (TM24 FRLG)
2. Electric Terrain* (Egg USUM)
3. Charge* (Egg FRLG)
4. Thunder Wave* (Lv. 13 XY)
5. Flash* (TM70 HGSS)
6. Helping Hand* (Tutor HGSS)
7. Disarming Voice* (Egg XY)
8. Nasty Plot* (Lv. 16 HGSS)
9. Nuzzle (Lv. 12 SwSh) - Halved base power (10), and has 10% chance to paralyze instead of 100%.
10. Thunder Shock (Lv. 1 FRLG) - Halved base power (20), 5% chance to paralyze.
11. Charm (Lv. 1 FRLG) - Lowers Attack by 1 instead of 2.
12. Tail Whip (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Decreases Defense on one foe, not all adjacent foes. Has 75% accuracy instead of 100%.
13. Play Nice (Lv. 4 SwSh) - Doesn't bypass accuracy or evasion, but still lowers Attack. Will be blocked by Protect, Detect, and Spiky Shield, and can't bypass Substitutes.
14. Sweet Kiss (Lv. 8 SwSh) - Causes Confusion, which stays for 1-3 posting turns instead of 2-5. Instead of 33% chance to damage themselves during Confusion, has 15% chance to damage themselves.
15. Grass Knot (TR77 SwSh) - Halved base power (10-60 depending on weight).
1. Helping Hand* (Lv. 1 SwSh)
2. Quick Attack* (Lv. 10 SwSh)
3. Return* (TM27 USUM)
4. Retaliate* (TM79 SwSh)
5. Protect* (TM25 SwSh)
6. Bite* (Lv. 17 B2W2)
7. Iron Tail* (TM23 FRLG)
8. Dig* (TM15 SwSh)
9. Swift (Lv. 20 SwSh) - Has 95% Accuracy as the stars don't hone in on the foe, and attacks only one foe, not all adjacent foes. Has 40 Base Power.
10. Baby-Doll Eyes (Lv. 15 SwSh) - Has 0 priority instead of +1. Still lowers foe's Attack by 1.
11. Sand Attack (Lv. 5 SwSh) - Still decreases target's Accuracy by one, but has 95% Accuracy.
12. Tail Whip (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Decreases Defense on one foe, not all adjacent foes. Has 75% accuracy instead of 100%.
13. Growl (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Only affects one foe and not all adjacent foes. Still decreases Attack by 1, but has 95% Accuracy.
14. Tackle (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Base Power decreases to 35 and Accuracy decreases to 95%.
15. Covet (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Either steals the item and does no damage if the user isn't holding an item or does damage but doesn't steal the item, regardless if the user isn't holding an item. Base Power is lowered 40.

DONE :D

Last edited:
This may not be happening soon as I'm still on 'break', but I figured I'd send out the announcement in advance. I've received approval from Stellar to have a set of legendary encounters. These will be semi-canon and take place several years in the future when most Ocs should have matured and grown stronger.

The legendary encounters will be Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres; and, they'll take place as raid-style battles in Oblivia. The legendaries will be incredibly powerful, far more so than usual, and anyone who wants to participate should expect a difficult battle. The details are yet unclear, but anyone who's interested in such an event should let me know so that I can keep them in mind.

I should make it clear that this is a high-level battle and so the biggest contributors will likely be trainers who have approved Mega Evolution, Battle Bond, or Legendaries. I'll try to ensure that trainers without those power-ups can still participate, but for those without that heightened level of power, you may find facing the legendary birds to be even me difficult than it is already intended to be.

Also disclaimer, I endeavor to make the battles difficult enough that a party wipe, or even a number of them, may occur. If it comes to that trainers will need to retreat and try again.

Each legendary bird will probably get its own Rp where the sole goal will be to defeat it.

@Hecotoro
@DarkHydraT
@ThAtGuY101
@Grand Master Koop
@Alternate_Mystery
@IDKWhatUserNameToDo
@~Patriot~
@Godjacob
@Red Gallade
@Mango137
@Retro Master
@GQuasch
@RenzFlintrock
@ThePlayfulFox
@critterisgrey

Was bored so here's a semi-canon side story:

Every trainer had a duty to care for their pokémon: to ensure they were as happy and healthy as they could be; exercise was a huge part of keeping a pokémon healthy, however, when a trainer came to own a large and varied number of pokémon, they might find ‘exercise’ could mean a variety of activities...

Aqua Resort, Sophian Island, Oblivia Region

Esther cozied into her oversized jacket. She kept her head down and released a stifled yawn into the crook of her shoulder while a branch, still wet with dew, whooshed past overhead. A gust of wind kicked up and Esther shivered uncontrollably. She shrunk further into her jacket and created what warmth she could with the age-old tactic of rubbing her palms raw.

Mornings on Sophian Island were always like this: at best cold and at worse frigid. These temperatures weren’t something you would expect from a tropical island, but Sophian Island was an outlier. They had Mt. Sorbet to thank for that; the sacred snowcapped resting place of Articuno all but dominated the island’s climate. It was rather interesting, and much more complex than icy mountain makes island cold, though it was—admittedly—something like that.

Although Sophian island was in a tropical zone, it only ever felt that way during the days when the full force of the sun kept the frigid winds rolling of Mt. Sorbet at bay. However, once the sun vanished from the sky, the winds coming off snowcapped peaks could descend to the rest of the island. This descent was where all the magic happened.

Sophian Island was hit by a northerly wind (wind coming from the north), this wind came from the ocean and immediately encountered Mt. Sorbet. The windward side of a mountain (the side that faces the wind) typically receives warm, moist air, often from an ocean [1]. As wind hits a mountain, it is forced upward and begins to cool [1]; in Mt. Sorbet’s case, this is doubly true due to Articuno’s (and other Ice-type pokémon’s) influence. Cool air reaches its dew point more quickly, and the result is rain and snow [1]; usually the latter on Mt. Sorbet. This snowfall replenishes the snow on Mt. Sorbet and contributes to its perpetual snowcaps.

1667237532106.png

The snow kept the air cold as it crested the mountain and as it descended the leeward side (the side opposite the windward) and as the unnaturally cool air of the mountain moved into the temperate ground-level air, it simulated a cold front.

A cold front forms when a cold air mass pushes into a warmer air mass [2]. They move fast, up to twice as fast as a warm front [2]. As a cold front moves into an area, the heavier (denser) cool air pushes under the lighter (less dense) warm air, causing it to rise into the troposphere [2]. As the warm air is pushed higher, the moisture it carries condenses and falls as rain [3]. This produces a lot of heavy rain along the cold front but once the cold air mass has come in this often abruptly changes to a clear spell of weather [3].

During the summers when the sun stayed longer, the Sophian River and the surrounding ocean absorbed heat during the day and released it at night. This heat clashed against the cold air descending from Mt. Sorbet, and they largely neutralized each other. This left the temperature slightly cooler than it otherwise would be and creates light rains as the warm, moisture-filled air rising off the water is quickly cooled by the cold air coming down the mountain. Conversely, during the winter when the days shortened the Sophian River couldn’t absorb enough heat to neutralize the Sorbet cold front and so the cold air mass moved over the Sophian river, picked up moisture over the warm water, and then deposited rain over the island. This was the ‘lake effect’ in action [5].

The constant rainfalls and mostly temperate climates were what created the thick, jungle-like forestry around Aqua Resort. They also contributed to the mighty rush of the Sophian river and would ensure the river remained powerful even after decades, if not centuries.

The end result of Sophian island’s unique combination of features was a micro-climate markedly different when compared to its sister islands.

Another puff of wind passed; this time accompanied by a low growl and Esther leaned back and stared upward while propped against her palms. Staring down at her was a set of chocolate-brown reptilian eyes. Even without her telepathic Musharna, Esther had no problem parsing that look.

“Don’t worry Pyrrha; I’m not that cold,” Although Pyrrha’s feather would be much warmer than her jacket, Esther smiled and waved off her partner. The cold air would do good in rousing her senses and furthermore... ”look, we’re almost there anyway.”

Through the trees, Esther could spot the white sands of the beach. Pyrrha picked up the pace and Esther crossed her legs from her perch.

“Careful girl, we don’t want to scuff the wood on the cliffs.”

Esther lifted her legs as she received a reassuring rumble. Soon her legs were comfortably perched on her seat—the top board of her Grand Piano. Sophian Island held one section of the coastline that could truly be called a beach. It was situated on the island’s southwest which meant it was a fair distance from Aqua Resort, which sat on the island's southeast. Aside from the distance, reaching the beach required one to descend one of the many crags that acted as the island’s perimeter.

Her luggage of Esther and one Grand Piano notwithstanding, Pyrrha had made short work of the trip: traipsing through the forest and then sliding down the perilous crags. The Kommo-o stepped on the beach, pausing only to search for a spot where she could place the piano and trainer.

Meanwhile, Esther hooked her fingers inside her lips and released a great, shrill whistle.

“Dafina! Hyāchia! Khorēia! Time for training!”

The wants of Esther’s pokémon—the Coterie, as she liked to call them—were as varied as their species, and their needs, both biological and otherwise, were much the same. Each pokémon had its own unique needs: for Pariparisithea it was the need to devour dreams; for Bâquile Nâva it was an iron-rich diet and a humid environment; Khina Bursahni needed to occasionally absorb her life force; Su’a’ mora de Lucia began to wilt if without clean air and fertile soil; so on and so forth. It was a lot of work to keep all her pokémon at the top of their game and their health was only half the equation; healthy pokémon were good, but happy and healthy pokémon were exceptional!

Today, Ether’s focus was happiness. Dafina, Hyāchia, and Khorēia were a vocal trio with many sound-based moves between them. So they needed to keep their vocal cords practiced and warmed; fortunately, they all enjoyed singing and the act could both exercise their vocal cords and keep them happy.

Of course, exercises required you to push the boundaries of what you could do, and not any old song was suitable for that.

Esther settled down onto the seat of her grand piano and her fingers walked across the keys, warming up with a few major scales. She practiced for about half a minute, then the surf broke and two pokémon emerged from the water and waddled onto the beach—Dafina the Primarina and Khorēia the Milotic. A sonorous trill came from the air, heralding the arrival of her final pokémon—Hyāchia the Altaria.

“Okay girls, how about the Upper Range Test today?” Eager yips, chirps, and trills answered her. Esther cleared her throat and set her fingers to the rest position. “On three...two...”

For an idea of what this song sounds like and how high it goes, feel free to check out the videos below. The first is with Voice Synthesizing software (in English), humans do tend to struggle toward the end but the second is a human attempt at the song (in Japanese)
High Range Test - SynthV Eleonor Forte (English)
High Range Test - Kaneko Lumi (Japanese)

“Hey there everyone, my name is—" Esther cut-off as her pokémon filled in, chipping to the beat.

“Once you’re ready let us get started right away,

“If you sing high and low, you can ace this like a pro

“Now let us see how high your voice can go!

“High-A~♩ High-B~♩ High-C~♪ High-D~♪ High-C~♪

“I bet this is way too low for you, huh~?”

“Here comes some more notes that are higher than normal

“For the average person this might seem impossible

“But those with the high range, won’t even notice the change

“Even with a cold, they won’t sound strange

“High-D~♩ High-E~♩ High-F~♪ High-G~♪ High-F~♪

“My oh my, that was only your mid-range, huh?”

“Here’s more notes that will surpass those before

“Come on now, is your falsetto ready for more?

“These who don’t break a sweat

“They don’t need to take a rest

“It should be a piece of cake for the best!

“High-G~♩ High-high-A~♩ High-high-A#~♪ High-high-C~♪ High-high-D~♪

“If you cannot keep up, feel free to just give up!”

“Wait up, I still have some notes for you right here!

“Don’t you think these lyrics are too high for the human ear?

“I want to her the true power coming out from you

“Let your high range make it through

“High-high-C~♩ High-high-D~♩ High-high-D#~♪ High-high-F~♪ High-high-G~♪

“We are finished now

“Nope, I lied, come on now

“High-high-high-A~♩ High-high-high-B~♩ High-high-high-C~♪ High-high-high-D~♪ High-high-high-E~♪

“If you’ve made it this far congrats you’ve passed the test!”

References (For anyone who's interested in more Geography!):

[1] J. Peterson, “What Happens When Air Goes Down the Leeward Side?,” Sciencing, Jun. 19, 2019. https://sciencing.com/happens-air-goes-down-leeward-side-12306583.html

[2] UCAR, “Weather Fronts | UCAR Center for Science Education,” Ucar.edu, 2019. https://scied.ucar.edu/learning-zone/how-weather-works/weather-fronts

[3] “Rough Science . Weather Challenge | PBS,” www.pbs.org. https://www.pbs.org/weta/roughscience/series2/challenges/weather/page4.html (Rough Science . Weather Challenge | PBS)

[4] N. D, “How Do Large Bodies of Water Affect Climate? - (Guide),” Weather Research, Feb. 06, 2022. https://wxresearch.org/how-do-large-bodies-of-water-affect-climate/

[5] D. Longley, “Lake effect: What is it? Does it only happen in Central New York?,” WSYR, Nov. 01, 2021. https://www.localsyr.com/weather/lake-effect-what-is-it-does-it-only-happen-in-central-new-york/

You know, I'm a bit tipsy, so hopefully this doesn't sound too bad. XD

1. Thunderbolt* (TM24 FRLG)
2. Electric Terrain* (Egg USUM)
3. Charge* (Egg FRLG)
4. Thunder Wave* (Lv. 13 XY)
5. Flash* (TM70 HGSS)
6. Helping Hand* (Tutor HGSS)
7. Disarming Voice* (Egg XY)
8. Nasty Plot* (Lv. 16 HGSS)
9. Nuzzle (Lv. 12 SwSh) - Halved base power (10), and has 10% chance to paralyze instead of 100%.
10. Thunder Shock (Lv. 1 FRLG) - Halved base power (20), 5% chance to paralyze.
11. Charm (Lv. 1 FRLG) - Lowers Attack by 1 instead of 2.
13. Play Nice (Lv. 4 SwSh) - Doesn't bypass accuracy or evasion, but still lowers Attack. Will be blocked by Protect, Detect, and Spiky Shield, and can't bypass Substitutes.
14. Sweet Kiss (Lv. 8 SwSh) - Causes Confusion, which stays for 1-3 posting turns instead of 2-5. Instead of 33% chance to damage themselves during Confusion, has 15% chance to damage themselves.
15. Grass Knot (TR77 SwSh) - Halved base power (10-60 depending on weight).
1. Helping Hand* (Lv. 1 SwSh)
2. Quick Attack* (Lv. 10 SwSh)
3. Return* (TM27 USUM)
4. Retaliate* (TM79 SwSh)
5. Protect* (TM25 SwSh)
6. Bite* (Lv. 17 B2W2)
7. Iron Tail* (TM23 FRLG)
8. Dig* (TM15 SwSh)
9. Swift (Lv. 20 SwSh) - Has 95% Accuracy as the stars don't hone in on the foe, and attacks only one foe, not all adjacent foes. Has 40 Base Power.
10. Baby-Doll Eyes (Lv. 15 SwSh) - Has 0 priority instead of +1. Still lowers foe's Attack by 1.
11. Sand Attack (Lv. 5 SwSh) - Still decreases target's Accuracy by one, but has 95% Accuracy.
13. Growl (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Only affects one foe and not all adjacent foes. Still decreases Attack by 1, but has 95% Accuracy.
14. Tackle (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Base Power decreases to 35 and Accuracy decreases to 95%.
15. Covet (Lv. 1 SwSh) - Either steals the item and does no damage if the user isn't holding an item or does damage but doesn't steal the item, regardless if the user isn't holding an item. Base Power is lowered 40.
I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED!!!

Well, okay, just 16-year-old Naka's Pokemon. Now, I have her 9 other Pokemon. ^^'''

Name: Madison “Maddie” Morgan
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Battler
Physical Appearance: Maddie has jet black hair that extends down to about halfway down her back. She has brown eyes. She’s about 5’5” and is on the skinnier side.
Clothing: (Optional) Maddie’s main outfit consists of a white, spaghetti-strap top, and a pair of skinny jeans. She sometimes changes for events such as tournaments, but this is what she wears while traveling for the most part.
Personality: (Optional) Maddie is somewhat shy at first, and doesn’t always react well to large crowds. She’s not very used to the outdoors, but tries her best for the sake of the journey. She is also a bit overwhelmed by the idea of owning Pokemon, and struggles to control her starter at times.
Backstory: (Optional) Maddie grew up scared of Pokemon for most of her childhood. She hadn’t really gotten a chance to go on a journey with her own starter like her friends, as her mom was sick for most of her life. She had to stay at home to take care of her mother. When Maddie was 16, her mother unfortunately succumbed to her sickness. She learned from her that one of her biggest regrets was never seeing Maddie become the trainer she had the potential to be. After learning this, Maddie made a promise to herself to finally set out on a journey through Johto to honor her mother and overcome her fears of Pokemon for good.
Starter:
Species: Totodile
Level: 11
Ability: Torrent
Current Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Mud Slap