• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

@Max Million this whole plot thing is getting confusing. I have asked you to let me know what is going on with the plot so we can comfortably figure out what we're doing OOCly. Getting details from a character who is also losing memory and another character recently added but isn't in the group yet is so disjointed and confusing that I would like some clarification.

Neurotoxins aren't too dangerous unless you have too much in your system, then it will put you in a coma or kill you. Yes. But is the Venusaur plant still on the table? How do we get rid of the condition? I know our characters don't have much of a clue what's going on and the panic is fine, but the players don't need that, and I'd really like to know what is going on.

Also, Amber blaring the TV does nothing but hurt everyone's ears and it won't help retain any information. :'D And since Reggie still has a migraine, well... xD

I would like to also know how what this toxin is, what Pokemon caused it if they did, and why it's only cropping up now and not anytime in the past that would warrant them having meds for it already. Was this a mutation? Was this created by some evil group? If it's this deadly, they'll have rangers at the scene pacifying all those Pokemon before they kill more people. I'm assuming they're doing that.

I have an idea for them to get to Fairchild, but if it's as dangerous as you made it sound in your post, then I would like to ask permission for Reggie's Munna to hypnotize Amber onto the plane and not complain for 2 hours until they land in Fairchild, pffff.
Oops! Didn't notice this post until now (not sure what's going on with my notifications?)!

I'm sorry if it looks like i'm unable to keep up with what i've said or previously said in other posts. It's just that i'm busy when i'm not writing on this site and having to refer to previous posts can be annoying, but I DO try to keep to what i've written before. I think from now on, just take what I write in the present post as the truth, as i'm trying to keep up but sometimes I realise i've contradicted myself here and there.

I don't know too much about neurotoxins but I'd like to think that a version of a neurotoxin or something with the same effects were released when the attacking Pokemon on the Orange Islands released their poisonous attacks, which were enhanced by their size and the chemicals they had consumed. Something (or Someone) has caused these Pokemon to become deadlier. The point of introducing Linden was to give everyone a perspective elsewhere as to what had happened and later introduce a new character if the current ones fail.

My original plan wasn't to reveal what Pokemon attacked Amber, but I was forced to reveal it to you and the others in an earlier OOC post. I was going to build it up slowly in character as I don't have the time to reveal everything all at once. However, because you went ahead and revealed the identity of the Pokemon in character as a random Nurse Joy, I went ahead and accelerated the clue dropping.

The toxin is most likely a stronger version of a neurotoxin or one with similar or stronger effects. I'm imagining that in the Pokemon world, it would be much different regarding toxins than in real life, so we can't exactly put foot on what neurotoxin specifically it is. The creation of the stronger type of neurotoxin is due to the Pokemon's size.

My plan is
for it to be revealed that the giant Venusaur that started all of this, as well as all the other Pokemon, were influenced by the consumption of a certain type of fruit. On Fairchild Island specifically, some Pokemon are already much larger due to the sheer amount of uneaten fruit on the island, but this fruit would have been genetically modified in that spot the Venusaur was known to dominate, making it even bigger and deadlier. It's going to be further revealed that the genetically modified fruit would contain a chemical that caused this and made the neurotoxins stronger, the source of the problem but this would raise big questions, since that logically suggests humans were involved and that this was not due to the influence of the chemical. This would have been done by a group of or a small group of invdividuals working for someone else.

In the far future,
I wish later on to reveal that another character already introduced into the RP was involved somehow, either by being the boss who paid the group to experiment on Pokemon this way, or that they did it themselves, perhaps by accident.

Regarding rangers pacifying Pokemon on the scene, it would certainly be happening around the Orange Islands, though a bit harder on Fairchild since it's wild with very few towns or even buildings there and there's nothing but dangerous Pokemon there. Plus, the rangers and local police would be busy elsewhere what with the shennanigans on Trovita Island! Speaking of which, I do wanna say I like the new character Cmeriwether is introducing which appears to have ties to that in their backstory, forgive me if this is what they're referencing?

I honestly wasn't expecting you to have them go in a plane. I had imagined that each of the islands had at least one boat or small ship to get to one of the other islands, but if you insist, then they can land by plane. Having Reggie's Munna hypnotise Amber is actually a pretty smart idea that I would approve of! Only problem is, unless you're gonna carry her onto the plane (which is kind of creepy and would make her freak out when she woke up), how would you get her onto the vehicle? Is there a Pokemon move that can control people whilst they're asleep?

This is where Linden can come in. If he works out where Amber is or if someone tries to find him now that he's appeared on a news story on TV at Trovita Island, they can get him to come and talk to the girl. Amber and Linden had a very positive friendship after he cared for her (though he did kinda abandon her at the end when she was more healthy!). Maybe Linden can persuade Amber to go to Fairchild Island WITH him? Linden knows a lot about plants as a botanist/gardener so he will be able to explain many of the inconsistencies with the narrative so far. He will certainly find something on Trovita Island that starts to lead him into the right direction as to what's causing the problems and then my plan is to send him to Fairchild Island if he doesn't find Amber first.

As for Amber being loud and annoying, she's very energetic and childlike at times, so that's just her character! Sometimes when i'm writing her, I either give her too much to say or I make it seem like she's yelling everything when she's not! My bad!

Oops! Didn't notice this post until now (not sure what's going on with my notifications?)!
Lol damn, it was also over the weekend, so I figured you wouldn't see it till now pfff.

I'm sorry if it looks like i'm unable to keep up with what i've said or previously said in other posts. It's just that i'm busy when i'm not writing on this site and having to refer to previous posts can be annoying, but I DO try to keep to what i've written before. I think from now on, just take what I write in the present post as the truth, as i'm trying to keep up but sometimes I realise i've contradicted myself here and there.
It is rather difficult, which is why I wanted a game plan to what was happening so we can all follow the route you chose. When we agreed to have you join, we weren't aware that we were going to be thrusted into a plot that took away from Adrianne's adventure and we would have liked to have some idea of what was happening before it all happened, so that's why I would much rather have you say what the plot is now and your plan for it instead of hiding it from us for "suspense" because all it's doing is confusing us lmfao. I don't mind that you made the plot for us to go on so Amber can join us and so she can have a reason to, but I didn't expect for this to be as big as it was. What's happening is a multi-island issue in the Orange Islands and while most of them are still rather rustic and even some islands have nobody living on it, there might still be researchers and rangers dispatched there for any kind of emergency.

I don't know too much about neurotoxins but I'd like to think that a version of a neurotoxin or something with the same effects were released when the attacking Pokemon on the Orange Islands released their poisonous attacks, which were enhanced by their size and the chemicals they had consumed. Something (or Someone) has caused these Pokemon to become deadlier. The point of introducing Linden was to give everyone a perspective elsewhere as to what had happened and later introduce a new character if the current ones fail.
A bit of research before going into this would've been nice. :'D But yeah, that makes sense.

My original plan wasn't to reveal what Pokemon attacked Amber, but I was forced to reveal it to you and the others in an earlier OOC post. I was going to build it up slowly in character as I don't have the time to reveal everything all at once. However, because you went ahead and revealed the identity of the Pokemon in character as a random Nurse Joy, I went ahead and accelerated the clue dropping.
I didn't say she was attacked by a Venusaur, I was just saying the Venusaur can likely help but nobody knew that it was that specific one that attacked her.

The toxin is most likely a stronger version of a neurotoxin or one with similar or stronger effects. I'm imagining that in the Pokemon world, it would be much different regarding toxins than in real life, so we can't exactly put foot on what neurotoxin specifically it is. The creation of the stronger type of neurotoxin is due to the Pokemon's size.
Gotcha.

My plan is
for it to be revealed that the giant Venusaur that started all of this, as well as all the other Pokemon, were influenced by the consumption of a certain type of fruit. On Fairchild Island specifically, some Pokemon are already much larger due to the sheer amount of uneaten fruit on the island, but this fruit would have been genetically modified in that spot the Venusaur was known to dominate, making it even bigger and deadlier. It's going to be further revealed that the genetically modified fruit would contain a chemical that caused this and made the neurotoxins stronger, the source of the problem but this would raise big questions, since that logically suggests humans were involved and that this was not due to the influence of the chemical. This would have been done by a group of or a small group of invdividuals working for someone else.

In the far future,
I wish later on to reveal that another character already introduced into the RP was involved somehow, either by being the boss who paid the group to experiment on Pokemon this way, or that they did it themselves, perhaps by accident.
What's likely gonna happen is that Trovita Island, a gym island, is going to prevent any Pokemon from leaving and this may extend to people unless they can give some ID or whatever that allows them in and out of the island. Nobody will be allowed into Trovita Island or Fairchild Island either unless they are rangers or doctors to prevent anyone else from getting hurt.

Regarding rangers pacifying Pokemon on the scene, it would certainly be happening around the Orange Islands, though a bit harder on Fairchild since it's wild with very few towns or even buildings there and there's nothing but dangerous Pokemon there. Plus, the rangers and local police would be busy elsewhere what with the shennanigans on Trovita Island! Speaking of which, I do wanna say I like the new character Cmeriwether is introducing which appears to have ties to that in their backstory, forgive me if this is what they're referencing?
Doesn't matter if Fairchild has few towns or buildings, there are still researchers there and it's a fairly common place for trainers to go to for training, so they will have to prevent anyone from coming in. But as for Cmeri's character, I told him that he'd have to wait until after this plot is over. There's too many moving parts right now, and I want it to be simple-ish and something we can figure out on our own. Cmeri's character would have to wait until after it's all said and done.

I honestly wasn't expecting you to have them go in a plane. I had imagined that each of the islands had at least one boat or small ship to get to one of the other islands, but if you insist, then they can land by plane. Having Reggie's Munna hypnotise Amber is actually a pretty smart idea that I would approve of! Only problem is, unless you're gonna carry her onto the plane (which is kind of creepy and would make her freak out when she woke up), how would you get her onto the vehicle? Is there a Pokemon move that can control people whilst they're asleep?
Boats are easier to notice and take longer to get there than seaplane (which have floatation railing that allows them to float and land on water). This is why I suggested a seaplane through Reggie because the rangers won't be able to stop their passengers from disembarking in either location. Hypnosis doesn't just put people to sleep, it also puts them into a trance to do regular things that isn't hurting themselves or making them do something they don't want to. They aren't aware of what's happening except for the suggestions, so when Amber is told to walk somewhere, sit down, and buckle up, Reggie's Munna is going to make her believe she's going into a car or a bus, not a plane. This suggestion wouldn't work if Amber becomes aware they're on a plane, but the ride will only be two hours, so the suggestion will still work until the hypnosis stops or if Amber tries and fights it.

This is where Linden can come in. If he works out where Amber is or if someone tries to find him now that he's appeared on a news story on TV at Trovita Island, they can get him to come and talk to the girl. Amber and Linden had a very positive friendship after he cared for her (though he did kinda abandon her at the end when she was more healthy!). Maybe Linden can persuade Amber to go to Fairchild Island WITH him? Linden knows a lot about plants as a botanist/gardener so he will be able to explain many of the inconsistencies with the narrative so far. He will certainly find something on Trovita Island that starts to lead him into the right direction as to what's causing the problems and then my plan is to send him to Fairchild Island if he doesn't find Amber first.
Isn't Linden in Trovita Island though? He'd have to somehow get to Tangelo Island before they leave, which they need to leave now if you don't want Amber to die/become bedridden and then useless for the rest of the plot.

As for Amber being loud and annoying, she's very energetic and childlike at times, so that's just her character! Sometimes when i'm writing her, I either give her too much to say or I make it seem like she's yelling everything when she's not! My bad!
Well, it's not only that, but having the TV blaring to obscene volume will cause anybody listening to it to not be able to hear what's being said at all. I'll help fix that in my post, but yeah.

As for this neurotoxin thing... Neurotoxins can be extremely dangerous. The more your body circulates the blood - and therefore the toxin - in your system, the more damage it does to your body. If this neurotoxin is deadlier than normal, then your character and her Skiploom will die if we don't get there fast enough. They will lose feeling in their nerves, lose the ability to do fine motor controls (like writing or being dexterous with their hands), then lose the ability to do any other motor control (like walking or speaking), swallowing becomes difficult and she'll find herself drooling more, and her heart will start to beat irregularly.

This is why I wanted to know what was going on and how deadly you were wanting this toxin to be because you just put your character into a position where if she doesn't get medical attention within a couple days, she will become useless until the rest of our characters help fix it. And since your character is extremely energetic, it'll take even less than a week because it seems she doesn't know how to stand still. Nurse Joy has completely underestimated the strength of the neurotoxin because she doesn't know how strong it really is.

Do you really want to put your character in a position where they need immediate medical attention within 2 days or else they'll die? Because this is an extremely serious situation that could complicate matters even further if not dealt with properly. Your character's life is on the line and she's going to need to put trust in a guy who can see dead people and Pokemon and will likely be further traumatized from this problem (something I don't mind), a young girl who is only a couple years older than Amber and who just started on her journey, and an alcoholic fighter in Briar to see her life get a new lease and so she can keep living. Not only that, but if there is a bigger group behind this and with Interpol already in Orange Islands by this point to pick up Michiko (need to make a post about that), then they'll be involved with the crisis that could easily spread outside of Orange Islands if it's not handled, which means they'll find the group responsible, especially if Michiko has had a hand in it.

Are you absolutely sure about this? This is a very, very serious matter. Briar is locked into our group otherwise she wouldn't bother helping, while Reggie and Adrianne are characters who wouldn't say no to help, so myself and godjacob are locked into helping whether we agreed to this plot or not. But given how dangerous this is, our characters can also die, and since Adrianne just started on her journey, I'm not sure if she can do anything without hurting her Pokemon severely. If you don't want it to be so serious, then we can dumb it down enough so that it's not too dangerous for Adrianne to help.

This went from having the spotlight on Adrianne mostly as this was her journey to being mostly about Amber and making sure she doesn't die, and while that in itself is "fine" if it's not milked for too long, it's not something we fully agreed on and we would have liked for you to say this before the plot got started instead of thrusting it on us like that, and godjacob is too nice to say so himself. This is a bit above Adrianne's level, this is perfect for Briar if she had any care to do this, and this might even prove difficult for Reggie. The only thing that's also making them continue with this and help out is not only because they don't want a dying girl on their conscience but also the Trovita Gym is unable to take in trainers at the moment.

Are you absolutely sure you want to go through with this?

@Godjacob @ThAtGuY101 are you guys sure you want to go through this serious plot point? Answer regardless of what your characters would do (and tell me if I'm wrong about Adrianne and Briar in my analysis).

I'm all for helping Amber and feel it is something in-character Adrianne will do, but I don't want this entire Orange Islands plot to be taken over by the new person joining our group and becoming the new MC basically. That is more my worry as this was meant to be Adrianne's initial adventure through the region.

Always love to work plots for other guys along for the ride but don't want to overhaul the story is all.

@Godjacob @ThAtGuY101 are you guys sure you want to go through this serious plot point? Answer regardless of what your characters would do (and tell me if I'm wrong about Adrianne and Briar in my analysis).
When you put in the potential of death, I dunno. This kinda stuff just ain't quite my style.

How long will this plot point be? We just got finished dealing with the team snatchem member and now were trying to save someone from dying. I myself don't mind too much, but I don't know what the characters should do.

The easy and best solution would be call and let first responders do their job.

If Briar was on her own, she's probably want no part in this, but could be persuaded otherwise. Seeing how Reggie and Adrianne would be willing to help; Briar would be annoyed, but reluctantly help, seeing how much it means to them.

Lol damn, it was also over the weekend, so I figured you wouldn't see it till now pfff.

It is rather difficult, which is why I wanted a game plan to what was happening so we can all follow the route you chose. When we agreed to have you join, we weren't aware that we were going to be thrusted into a plot that took away from Adrianne's adventure and we would have liked to have some idea of what was happening before it all happened, so that's why I would much rather have you say what the plot is now and your plan for it instead of hiding it from us for "suspense" because all it's doing is confusing us lmfao. I don't mind that you made the plot for us to go on so Amber can join us and so she can have a reason to, but I didn't expect for this to be as big as it was. What's happening is a multi-island issue in the Orange Islands and while most of them are still rather rustic and even some islands have nobody living on it, there might still be researchers and rangers dispatched there for any kind of emergency.

A bit of research before going into this would've been nice. :'D But yeah, that makes sense.

I didn't say she was attacked by a Venusaur, I was just saying the Venusaur can likely help but nobody knew that it was that specific one that attacked her.

Gotcha.

What's likely gonna happen is that Trovita Island, a gym island, is going to prevent any Pokemon from leaving and this may extend to people unless they can give some ID or whatever that allows them in and out of the island. Nobody will be allowed into Trovita Island or Fairchild Island either unless they are rangers or doctors to prevent anyone else from getting hurt.

Doesn't matter if Fairchild has few towns or buildings, there are still researchers there and it's a fairly common place for trainers to go to for training, so they will have to prevent anyone from coming in. But as for Cmeri's character, I told him that he'd have to wait until after this plot is over. There's too many moving parts right now, and I want it to be simple-ish and something we can figure out on our own. Cmeri's character would have to wait until after it's all said and done.

Boats are easier to notice and take longer to get there than seaplane (which have floatation railing that allows them to float and land on water). This is why I suggested a seaplane through Reggie because the rangers won't be able to stop their passengers from disembarking in either location. Hypnosis doesn't just put people to sleep, it also puts them into a trance to do regular things that isn't hurting themselves or making them do something they don't want to. They aren't aware of what's happening except for the suggestions, so when Amber is told to walk somewhere, sit down, and buckle up, Reggie's Munna is going to make her believe she's going into a car or a bus, not a plane. This suggestion wouldn't work if Amber becomes aware they're on a plane, but the ride will only be two hours, so the suggestion will still work until the hypnosis stops or if Amber tries and fights it.

Isn't Linden in Trovita Island though? He'd have to somehow get to Tangelo Island before they leave, which they need to leave now if you don't want Amber to die/become bedridden and then useless for the rest of the plot.

Well, it's not only that, but having the TV blaring to obscene volume will cause anybody listening to it to not be able to hear what's being said at all. I'll help fix that in my post, but yeah.

As for this neurotoxin thing... Neurotoxins can be extremely dangerous. The more your body circulates the blood - and therefore the toxin - in your system, the more damage it does to your body. If this neurotoxin is deadlier than normal, then your character and her Skiploom will die if we don't get there fast enough. They will lose feeling in their nerves, lose the ability to do fine motor controls (like writing or being dexterous with their hands), then lose the ability to do any other motor control (like walking or speaking), swallowing becomes difficult and she'll find herself drooling more, and her heart will start to beat irregularly.

This is why I wanted to know what was going on and how deadly you were wanting this toxin to be because you just put your character into a position where if she doesn't get medical attention within a couple days, she will become useless until the rest of our characters help fix it. And since your character is extremely energetic, it'll take even less than a week because it seems she doesn't know how to stand still. Nurse Joy has completely underestimated the strength of the neurotoxin because she doesn't know how strong it really is.

Do you really want to put your character in a position where they need immediate medical attention within 2 days or else they'll die? Because this is an extremely serious situation that could complicate matters even further if not dealt with properly. Your character's life is on the line and she's going to need to put trust in a guy who can see dead people and Pokemon and will likely be further traumatized from this problem (something I don't mind), a young girl who is only a couple years older than Amber and who just started on her journey, and an alcoholic fighter in Briar to see her life get a new lease and so she can keep living. Not only that, but if there is a bigger group behind this and with Interpol already in Orange Islands by this point to pick up Michiko (need to make a post about that), then they'll be involved with the crisis that could easily spread outside of Orange Islands if it's not handled, which means they'll find the group responsible, especially if Michiko has had a hand in it.

Are you absolutely sure about this? This is a very, very serious matter. Briar is locked into our group otherwise she wouldn't bother helping, while Reggie and Adrianne are characters who wouldn't say no to help, so myself and godjacob are locked into helping whether we agreed to this plot or not. But given how dangerous this is, our characters can also die, and since Adrianne just started on her journey, I'm not sure if she can do anything without hurting her Pokemon severely. If you don't want it to be so serious, then we can dumb it down enough so that it's not too dangerous for Adrianne to help.

This went from having the spotlight on Adrianne mostly as this was her journey to being mostly about Amber and making sure she doesn't die, and while that in itself is "fine" if it's not milked for too long, it's not something we fully agreed on and we would have liked for you to say this before the plot got started instead of thrusting it on us like that, and godjacob is too nice to say so himself. This is a bit above Adrianne's level, this is perfect for Briar if she had any care to do this, and this might even prove difficult for Reggie. The only thing that's also making them continue with this and help out is not only because they don't want a dying girl on their conscience but also the Trovita Gym is unable to take in trainers at the moment.

Are you absolutely sure you want to go through with this?

Sorry, was at a family member's house.

When I write RP posts, I try not to make anything too throwaway, so that I can come back to an idea later on if I feel like exploring it. Immediately when I had Michiko appear on Tangelo, she unfortunately got into an incident due to the ballsy nature of my RP writing, wanting to get involved with all the characters immediately. It seemed like you guys were involved heavily in your own plots and each other and so big incidents would be enough to get each one of your character's involved with my own. When Michiko didn't work, I switched to Amber but I needed to make another incident that caused her to have a reason to talk to random strangers. I also figured connecting her to other characters I had ideas for.

I'm totally fine with my own characters dying so long as it drives the plot forward. If that's how I leave my mark then so be it. The Venusaur's own bulb will be the Mcguffin if you like which can absorb the stronger neurotoxins. Normally Pokemon's moves have little or no effect on humans and can be treated, so I see it as okay that this stronger neurotoxin will be more effective against humans, but crucially and this is what I want to point out: deadly against Pokemon, which is why you haven't seen much of Flora the Skiploom. It was my intention to have my characters put faith in total strangers. I believe that is what Pokemon is all about.

Your characters will not be forced into helping: those who can give even a little bit of help WILL be appreciated. If you all had ignored Amber, the plan was to get Linden or one of the officers/rangers over with the medics to help her. And from this incident, any character that helped her will be rewarded with her loyalty as a friend. There can be arrangements as well for her and other characters to give out rewards to help you on your own journeys. Maybe Amber can tag along and help you with whatever your characters were adventuring to discover, be that physical or about themselves. Characters with a darker personality like Briar are free to walk away and get up to what they were supposed to be doing, seeing that the situation is now (seemingly) being taken care of itself.

When you put in the potential of death, I dunno. This kinda stuff just ain't quite my style.

How long will this plot point be? We just got finished dealing with the team snatchem member and now were trying to save someone from dying. I myself don't mind too much, but I don't know what the characters should do.

The easy and best solution would be call and let first responders do their job.

If Briar was on her own, she's probably want no part in this, but could be persuaded otherwise. Seeing how Reggie and Adrianne would be willing to help; Briar would be annoyed, but reluctantly help, seeing how much it means to them.
I'm all for helping Amber and feel it is something in-character Adrianne will do, but I don't want this entire Orange Islands plot to be taken over by the new person joining our group and becoming the new MC basically. That is more my worry as this was meant to be Adrianne's initial adventure through the region.

Always love to work plots for other guys along for the ride but don't want to overhaul the story is all.
Basic Point here is: The other characters are free to leave the other islands and do their own thing. There probably would be minor incidents of grass/poison Pokemon attacking the locals, so some of the other characters are free to interact with them and their players can make up lore or events. Nothing will be changed in the grand scheme of things, as someone always finds a way to help in the Pokemon World. That's what i've learned through decades of playing the Pokemon games, seeing the anime and reading various interpretations of the world. The creator of the RP allowed for events, so I'd thought i'd make my own!

Sorry, was at a family member's house.

When I write RP posts, I try not to make anything too throwaway, so that I can come back to an idea later on if I feel like exploring it. Immediately when I had Michiko appear on Tangelo, she unfortunately got into an incident due to the ballsy nature of my RP writing, wanting to get involved with all the characters immediately. It seemed like you guys were involved heavily in your own plots and each other and so big incidents would be enough to get each one of your character's involved with my own. When Michiko didn't work, I switched to Amber but I needed to make another incident that caused her to have a reason to talk to random strangers. I also figured connecting her to other characters I had ideas for.

I'm totally fine with my own characters dying so long as it drives the plot forward. If that's how I leave my mark then so be it. The Venusaur's own bulb will be the Mcguffin if you like which can absorb the stronger neurotoxins. Normally Pokemon's moves have little or no effect on humans and can be treated, so I see it as okay that this stronger neurotoxin will be more effective against humans, but crucially and this is what I want to point out: deadly against Pokemon, which is why you haven't seen much of Flora the Skiploom. It was my intention to have my characters put faith in total strangers. I believe that is what Pokemon is all about.

Your characters will not be forced into helping: those who can give even a little bit of help WILL be appreciated. If you all had ignored Amber, the plan was to get Linden or one of the officers/rangers over with the medics to help her. And from this incident, any character that helped her will be rewarded with her loyalty as a friend. There can be arrangements as well for her and other characters to give out rewards to help you on your own journeys. Maybe Amber can tag along and help you with whatever your characters were adventuring to discover, be that physical or about themselves. Characters with a darker personality like Briar are free to walk away and get up to what they were supposed to be doing, seeing that the situation is now (seemingly) being taken care of itself.

Basic Point here is: The other characters are free to leave the other islands and do their own thing. There probably would be minor incidents of grass/poison Pokemon attacking the locals, so some of the other characters are free to interact with them and their players can make up lore or events. Nothing will be changed in the grand scheme of things, as someone always finds a way to help in the Pokemon World. That's what i've learned through decades of playing the Pokemon games, seeing the anime and reading various interpretations of the world. The creator of the RP allowed for events, so I'd thought i'd make my own!

Do you think you can specify this Amber "event" of sorts here in discussion? If you outline your vision for this idea I am sure I can have a way to have Adrianne help and get a measure of the investment tied to it for how far she goes for Amber. Just want to balance aiding Amber here with the adventure for Adrianne the Orange Islands was intended to be is all.

@Max Million
My point is, this entire plot line might be too much for Adrianne or Reggie to handle. It's not that we are forced to help, but our characters' personalities and behaviors would make them help despite us as players not actually wanting to, and we can't write them OOC. There didn't need to be this giant hooplah to get a character to join either. I had Reggie fall from the sky, get saved by Adrianne, and now he's following her because she saved him. I talked with Godjacob about this before I had done this just to see if that was okay, and I had hoped you would have done the same here at least, especially with something as big as this. After you explained some of the early steps, I asked you to please keep in touch with me and Godjacob about all this (which was weeks ago) and we didn't get any kind of correspondence until I had to pause our Orange Island adventure until we got this sorted.

Personally though, for our characters (specifically Adrianne and Reggie), we want to avoid character death as much as possible. 1) Adrianne just started on her journey not even 2 days ago in-RP and is about as new as a fresh trainer you'd find on the first early route with battle-able trainers. 2) My character can see dead people and seeing someone's spirit he was trying to help while they were alive is gonna traumatize him and I wanna keep the trauma out of the Orange Islands - at least for the early portions.

It feels like you're throwing an M-rated plot at 13-year-olds (our characters) who are woefully inexperienced with the subject material.

Also, Pokemon moves have the same effect on humans as they do on Pokemon. XD The humans in the Pokemon world are just more durable than us real humans, but that doesn't make the Pokemon any less dangerous to humans. I don't see killing off your character as okay because that means you've essentially put your character on a death bed and your character's death - whether Pokemon or human at this juncture - wouldn't be driving the plot forward. They'll take away from what the original adventure was supposed to be about and sully everything going forward. So their deaths is a greater negative impact.

If people/Pokemon are literally dying like it says in your post, Reggie might just go to the island, and then be unable to help because it'll be too much for him. This is why I would have liked discussion about this plot because it's so big before it popped off. That way we can help you iron out the kinks and figure out the direction of our characters. For what I'm seeing, it's not only difficult for Reggie to help out with, but nearly impossible for Adrianne given how dangerous this all is. I don't even think she'll be able to help even if she tried because the plot you proposed is too difficult that even adults with experienced Pokemon are having a difficult time handling it, but I can't pull Reggie away because that'll be against his character even if it means he could possibly die, and I'd rather not trivialize the plot you put down because then it'll feel like all the hype for how dangerous it was seemed all for naught.

I'd rather not make up lore or events for something that isn't even mine to work with anyway. It gets messy and it can deviate from the original vision you had set forth. And even if someone always finds a way to help, it doesn't prevent the future impacts it could have on everyone involved.

@kyuukestu also discussed with me in getting Interpol involved. This plot point you proposed is so serious that if it ever escapes Fairchild Island (like it has in there being dangerous Pokemon in Trovita), then they will have to get involved and quarantine the place to handle it themselves. If it warrants even Interpol to get involved, there's not really much our characters would be able to do anyway unless there is something to it, since Adrianne's Pokemon range between levels 10-16 and Reggie's between 20-26 (I'm giving a rough estimate, and an even rougher estimate on Adrianne's Pokemon).

What I'm saying is this plot is too much and hyped to be too much unless there's something we can do to slightly tone this down so our characters can feasibly help. Otherwise, they can't do anything and they'll leave Amber with the authorities that Kyuukestu might end up controlling because he's trying to lower the amount of characters I control.

I believe the bottom line in all of this, is they're asking you to discuss/communicate the details and creation of incidents with them beforehand instead of springing it on their characters. That way you can all collectively tailor a narrative that the characters can enjoy and participate in.

Edit: Also, please beware, this RP adopts a more quote-unquote "Realistic" approach to human abilities. There is most definitely some level of supernatural quality to humans and there exist things like Aura, ESP, etc. but humans will not follow the standard of Ash from the anime. If you get hit by a strong pokémon move, you are very likely to be heavily injured if not outright die.

On a more pointed note, we have seen the effects of Pokémon Spores on humans and it causes pretty serious illness:
1695941216928.png

1695941239692.png

Last edited:
Do you think you can specify this Amber "event" of sorts here in discussion? If you outline your vision for this idea I am sure I can have a way to have Adrianne help and get a measure of the investment tied to it for how far she goes for Amber. Just want to balance aiding Amber here with the adventure for Adrianne the Orange Islands was intended to be is all.
If you read the previous posts in this thread, i've basically detailed the majority of what I want to do. Not sure if you were keeping up with that or not, but I put a lot in the spoilers that should help you.

@Max Million
My point is, this entire plot line might be too much for Adrianne or Reggie to handle. It's not that we are forced to help, but our characters' personalities and behaviors would make them help despite us as players not actually wanting to, and we can't write them OOC. There didn't need to be this giant hooplah to get a character to join either. I had Reggie fall from the sky, get saved by Adrianne, and now he's following her because she saved him. I talked with Godjacob about this before I had done this just to see if that was okay, and I had hoped you would have done the same here at least, especially with something as big as this. After you explained some of the early steps, I asked you to please keep in touch with me and Godjacob about all this (which was weeks ago) and we didn't get any kind of correspondence until I had to pause our Orange Island adventure until we got this sorted.

Personally though, for our characters (specifically Adrianne and Reggie), we want to avoid character death as much as possible. 1) Adrianne just started on her journey not even 2 days ago in-RP and is about as new as a fresh trainer you'd find on the first early route with battle-able trainers. 2) My character can see dead people and seeing someone's spirit he was trying to help while they were alive is gonna traumatize him and I wanna keep the trauma out of the Orange Islands - at least for the early portions.

It feels like you're throwing an M-rated plot at 13-year-olds (our characters) who are woefully inexperienced with the subject material.

Also, Pokemon moves have the same effect on humans as they do on Pokemon. XD The humans in the Pokemon world are just more durable than us real humans, but that doesn't make the Pokemon any less dangerous to humans. I don't see killing off your character as okay because that means you've essentially put your character on a death bed and your character's death - whether Pokemon or human at this juncture - wouldn't be driving the plot forward. They'll take away from what the original adventure was supposed to be about and sully everything going forward. So their deaths is a greater negative impact.

If people/Pokemon are literally dying like it says in your post, Reggie might just go to the island, and then be unable to help because it'll be too much for him. This is why I would have liked discussion about this plot because it's so big before it popped off. That way we can help you iron out the kinks and figure out the direction of our characters. For what I'm seeing, it's not only difficult for Reggie to help out with, but nearly impossible for Adrianne given how dangerous this all is. I don't even think she'll be able to help even if she tried because the plot you proposed is too difficult that even adults with experienced Pokemon are having a difficult time handling it, but I can't pull Reggie away because that'll be against his character even if it means he could possibly die, and I'd rather not trivialize the plot you put down because then it'll feel like all the hype for how dangerous it was seemed all for naught.

I'd rather not make up lore or events for something that isn't even mine to work with anyway. It gets messy and it can deviate from the original vision you had set forth. And even if someone always finds a way to help, it doesn't prevent the future impacts it could have on everyone involved.

@kyuukestu also discussed with me in getting Interpol involved. This plot point you proposed is so serious that if it ever escapes Fairchild Island (like it has in there being dangerous Pokemon in Trovita), then they will have to get involved and quarantine the place to handle it themselves. If it warrants even Interpol to get involved, there's not really much our characters would be able to do anyway unless there is something to it, since Adrianne's Pokemon range between levels 10-16 and Reggie's between 20-26 (I'm giving a rough estimate, and an even rougher estimate on Adrianne's Pokemon).

What I'm saying is this plot is too much and hyped to be too much unless there's something we can do to slightly tone this down so our characters can feasibly help. Otherwise, they can't do anything and they'll leave Amber with the authorities that Kyuukestu might end up controlling because he's trying to lower the amount of characters I control.
Well, i've given you all a choice. If your characters didn't want to participate, they could have gotten a valid NPC to help them on their merry way. I feel like Briar did the right thing here in character, casually remaining in the background.
I believe the bottom line in all of this, is they're asking you to discuss/communicate the details and creation of incidents with them beforehand instead of springing it on their characters. That way you can all collectively tailor a narrative that the characters can enjoy and participate in.

Edit: Also, please beware, this RP adopts a more quote-unquote "Realistic" approach to human abilities. There is most definitely some level of supernatural quality to humans and there exist things like Aura, ESP, etc. but humans will not follow the standard of Ash from the anime. If you get hit by a strong pokémon move, you are very likely to be heavily injured if not outright die.

On a more pointed note, we have seen the effects of Pokémon Spores on humans and it causes pretty serious illness:
View attachment 947377
View attachment 947378
Regarding discussions out of character with other players, I felt like due to the high expections you have of RP posts, you would immediately shoot it down. It would also feel incredibly forced in what is seemingly a more 'dip-in and interact with the world and characters where they are' sandbox-type approach. At the end of the day, I wanted to just experiment with more diverse characters and interesting concepts.

Regarding the 'realism' argument, as i've said before, you can never really make Pokemon 'realistic', going by literal pokedex entries and things regarding certain Pokemon that just wouldn't work. Plus, the magical humans in the RP kind of disproves that, whatever argument you try to make. If you want to see my full response to all of this, just read back what I wrote a few pages ago. And this is my problem with making something hyper-realistic when you've got fantasy creatures here. Looking at some of the more private RPs you've done, I realise your style may not align with my own. You want an environment where everything can be controlled. I believe in respecting the lore but modifying it to such an extent that it actually goes against what it was originally created to be doesn't sit well with me. This was a series made originally for children, after all.

Additionally, I probably won't be responding much to any more of these kinds of posts. Having to write responses to up to four or five people with the same sort of point each time we disagree with something, or you and I not seeing eye-to-eye on our visions on what Pokemon is has been stressful each time it has happened for me. It feels like you all have the same point about things. I feel like there is the desire for me to conform to what you believe is the RP 'norm' that you are used to in each of your RPs and there is always the thought in my mind to want to do something different, if you know what I mean, lessen the load and be myself. If that is something that cannot be worked around, then I will eventually have to either post even less often or remove myself from the RP entirely. I am still deciding on what to do, but having to worry about writing an essay explaining my reasoning for doing something I believe in every time worries me in this modern world. I probably just need a rest on my mental health, because even when I imagine the worst happening to me, something even worse happens. I thank you for reading this if you managed to make it this far.

If you read the previous posts in this thread, i've basically detailed the majority of what I want to do. Not sure if you were keeping up with that or not, but I put a lot in the spoilers that should help you.

Well, i've given you all a choice. If your characters didn't want to participate, they could have gotten a valid NPC to help them on their merry way. I feel like Briar did the right thing here in character, casually remaining in the background.

Regarding discussions out of character with other players, I felt like due to the high expections you have of RP posts, you would immediately shoot it down. It would also feel incredibly forced in what is seemingly a more 'dip-in and interact with the world and characters where they are' sandbox-type approach. At the end of the day, I wanted to just experiment with more diverse characters and interesting concepts.

Regarding the 'realism' argument, as i've said before, you can never really make Pokemon 'realistic', going by literal pokedex entries and things regarding certain Pokemon that just wouldn't work. Plus, the magical humans in the RP kind of disproves that, whatever argument you try to make. If you want to see my full response to all of this, just read back what I wrote a few pages ago. And this is my problem with making something hyper-realistic when you've got fantasy creatures here. Looking at some of the more private RPs you've done, I realise your style may not align with my own. You want an environment where everything can be controlled. I believe in respecting the lore but modifying it to such an extent that it actually goes against what it was originally created to be doesn't sit well with me. This was a series made originally for children, after all.

Additionally, I probably won't be responding much to any more of these kinds of posts. Having to write responses to up to four or five people with the same sort of point each time we disagree with something, or you and I not seeing eye-to-eye on our visions on what Pokemon is has been stressful each time it has happened for me. It feels like you all have the same point about things. I feel like there is the desire for me to conform to what you believe is the RP 'norm' that you are used to in each of your RPs and there is always the thought in my mind to want to do something different, if you know what I mean, lessen the load and be myself. If that is something that cannot be worked around, then I will eventually have to either post even less often or remove myself from the RP entirely. I am still deciding on what to do, but having to worry about writing an essay explaining my reasoning for doing something I believe in every time worries me in this modern world. I probably just need a rest on my mental health, because even when I imagine the worst happening to me, something even worse happens. I thank you for reading this if you managed to make it this far.
You've made some good points that should definitely be addressed.

This is indeed a sandbox style RP where you can drag and drop your characters, however even within a sandbox you have to be aware and mindful of the other people. We've all got a corner of the sandbox and would hate for some other player to waltz in a kick over our carefully constructed sand castle.

Unless everybody agrees they're A-Okay with freestyling plot points and being diverted by whatever ideas someone comes up with, a controlled environment is necessary. That is just how the freedom to act works; you are free to act yes, but not free to encroach on other's freedoms.

This is where talking with people beforehand comes into play. Some people are going to be more open to sudden changes in course than others. Example, the Orange Islands group has a fairly simple and predetermined plot and as they've expressed, they don't mind minor detours but would rather avoid major ones. They don't want to, as you've put it, 'casually remain in the background' of what is supposed to be their story. Surely, you can understand why that wouldn't be pleasant?

On a related note, there is now a temp ban on replies to you specifically so as to avoid you feeling stressed, overwhelmed or dog-piled. Whatever additional concerns are held will be routed through me so you can engage with us in a more comfortable form.

Name: Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo
Trainer Class: Battler Explorer
Physical Appearance: Beatrice is a tall woman standing at 1.74 meters and weighing 68 kilograms. She has tanned skin, an athletic build with a modest chest size, neck length black hair and striking blue eyes. Her hair is styled in a chin length bob.

Clothing: Beatrice wears a white long sleeved buttoned shirt under a brown jacket. Her legs are covered by a pair of jean shorts and black tights, and a pair of black boots cover her feet. A blue headband decorates the girl’s head.

Personality: Beatrice is a logical and reserved person. She rarely ever shows any strong emotions and is usually very level headed in any situations she’s in. As such, Beatrice is very adept at adapting to unexpected events. On the other hand, the girl isn’t so good when it comes to social situations and often finds herself having trouble finding what to say when someone is acting on emotions. Because of her upbringing, the girl has trouble forming bonds with others, be it people or pokemon.

Beatrice has a very laid back and distant outlook on life and is content on going with the flow of whatever it brings her, even if that entails getting wrapped up in some crazy situations. The girl also has a dark sense of humor, sometimes saying messed up things without a second thought.

Backstory: Beatrice was born in the Paldea region from a pair of scientist parents. Unfortunately, the girl never got to know her parents. A short year after her birth, both of Beatrice tragically perished in an accident while they were at work. Now orphaned at the age of 1, Beatrice had to grow up without the guidance of her parental figures, though her parents’ coworkers made frequent visits to her in the orphanage. Eventually, one of those work friends decided to adopt the young girl, raising her as if she was their own child. However, Beatrice was not able to form a real parental bond with her foster parent.

Growing up, Beatrice always seemed to have had a fascination with machinery. She frequently took apart her toys to study how they functioned only to build them back up with minimal effort. As she grew older, her proficiency with tinkering only improved with time with her moving on from toys to more complex machinery and gadgets. When she turned 16, Beatrice was enrolled into the Mesagoza Academy. Contrary to what her personality might suggest, battle studies was actually her favorite subject.

When it came time for the famed Academy Treasure Hunt to begin, Beatrice now found a new challenge ahead of her; finding something to call her treasure. The first thing Beatrice tried was the Gym Challenges. While the girl enjoyed battling, it wasn’t so special that it could truly be called a “Treasure.” After collecting 2 badges, the girl decided to call it quits and venture into something else. To clear her head, Beatrice decided to begin exploring her home region of Paldea. She went to each corner of the region, taking in the sights and watching the time go by. She observed many of her fellow students engaged in their own treasure hunts. To be honest, their passion for it made her feel a bit jealous. During her travels, Beatrice eventually came across her old family home. Exploring the inside led her to discover more about the parents she never knew. After leaving the old home, Beatrice now felt a sense of loss and loneliness unlike anything she felt before. She always had trouble relating to people and now that feeling has only become worse.

As the period for the Treasure Hunt drew to an end and with no better answer than she did at the start of this whole ordeal, Beatrice thought that perhaps, her treasure was elsewhere than Paldea. Perhaps she needed a change of scenery. With her path decided, Beatrice packed up her stuff and bid her foster parents farewell. She decided to venture into the neighboring region of Kalos in hopes of finding her “Treasure.”

Pokemon:

Name: Vallace
Species: Quaxwell
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Double Hit, Work Up, Aqua Jet, Aqua Cutter, Low Sweep, Wing Attack, Detect, Roost

Name: Wattz
Species: Rotom
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Discharge, Charge, Shock Wave, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Double Team, Ominous Wind, Trick

Name: Clyde
Species: Cyclizar
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves: Rapid Spin, Quick Attack, Shed Tail, Bite, U-Turn, Breaking Swipe, Taunt, Iron Tail

Name: Melly
Species: Toedscool
Ability: Mycelium Might
Moves: Mega Drain, Screech, Mud Shot, Hex, Seed Bomb, Spore, Leech Seed, Mirror Coat

Name: Seda
Species: Spidops
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Silk Trap, String Shot, First Impression, Lunge, Sucker Punch, Assurance, Counter, Headbutt

Last edited:
Name: Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo
Trainer Class: Battler Explorer
Physical Appearance: Beatrice is a tall woman standing at 1.74 meters and weighing 68 kilograms. She has tanned skin, an athletic build with a modest chest size, neck length black hair and striking blue eyes. Her hair is styled in a chin length bob.

Clothing: Beatrice wears a white long sleeved buttoned shirt under a brown jacket. Her legs are covered by a pair of jean shorts and black tights, and a pair of black boots cover her feet. A blue headband decorates the girl’s head.

Personality: Beatrice is a logical and reserved person. She rarely ever shows any strong emotions and is usually very level headed in any situations she’s in. As such, Beatrice is very adept at adapting to unexpected events. On the other hand, the girl isn’t so good when it comes to social situations and often finds herself having trouble finding what to say when someone is acting on emotions. Because of her upbringing, the girl has trouble forming bonds with others, be it people or pokemon.

Beatrice has a very laid back and distant outlook on life and is content on going with the flow of whatever it brings her, even if that entails getting wrapped up in some crazy situations. The girl also has a dark sense of humor, sometimes saying messed up things without a second thought.

Backstory: Beatrice was born in the Paldea region from a pair of scientist parents. Unfortunately, the girl never got to know her parents. A short year after her birth, both of Beatrice tragically perished in an accident while they were at work. Now orphaned at the age of 1, Beatrice had to grow up without the guidance of her parental figures, though her parents’ coworkers made frequent visits to her in the orphanage. Eventually, one of those work friends decided to adopt the young girl, raising her as if she was their own child. However, Beatrice was not able to form a real parental bond with her foster parent.

Growing up, Beatrice always seemed to have had a fascination with machinery. She frequently took apart her toys to study how they functioned only to build them back up with minimal effort. As she grew older, her proficiency with tinkering only improved with time with her moving on from toys to more complex machinery and gadgets. When she turned 16, Beatrice was enrolled into the Mesagoza Academy. Contrary to what her personality might suggest, battle studies was actually her favorite subject.

When it came time for the famed Academy Treasure Hunt to begin, Beatrice now found a new challenge ahead of her; finding something to call her treasure. The first thing Beatrice tried was the Gym Challenges. While the girl enjoyed battling, it wasn’t so special that it could truly be called a “Treasure.” After collecting 2 badges, the girl decided to call it quits and venture into something else. To clear her head, Beatrice decided to begin exploring her home region of Paldea. She went to each corner of the region, taking in the sights and watching the time go by. She observed many of her fellow students engaged in their own treasure hunts. To be honest, their passion for it made her feel a bit jealous. During her travels, Beatrice eventually came across her old family home. Exploring the inside led her to discover more about the parents she never knew. After leaving the old home, Beatrice now felt a sense of loss and loneliness unlike anything she felt before. She always had trouble relating to people and now that feeling has only become worse.

As the period for the Treasure Hunt drew to an end and with no better answer than she did at the start of this whole ordeal, Beatrice thought that perhaps, her treasure was elsewhere than Paldea. Perhaps she needed a change of scenery. With her path decided, Beatrice packed up her stuff and bid her foster parents farewell. She decided to venture into the neighboring region of Kalos in hopes of finding her “Treasure.”

Pokemon:

Name: Vallace
Species: Quaxwell
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Double Hit, Work Up, Aqua Jet, Aqua Cutter, Low Sweep, Wing Attack, Detect, Roost

Name: Wattz
Species: Rotom
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Discharge, Charge, Shock Wave, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Double Team, Ominous Wind, Astonish

Name: Clyde
Species: Cyclizar
Moves: Rapid Spin, Quick Attack, Shed Tail, Bite, U-Turn, Breaking Swipe, Shift Gear, Iron Tail

Name: Melly
Species: Toedscool
Ability: Mycelium Might
Moves: Mega Drain, Screech, Mud Shot, Hex, Seed Bomb, Spore, Leech Seed, Mirror Coat

Name: Seda
Species: Spidops
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Silk Trap, String Shot, First Impression, Lunge, Sucker Punch, Assurance, Counter, Headbutt
Are you sure you want to, y'know, fill out all your pokémon's moves this early on? Half of them can't evolve and you won't really have a way to show growth with them since TMs and the like might not come easy with the Kalos Group. If you're good tho then accepted o7

Name: Celia Besnard
Trainer Class: She really wants to do gym battles, but her family pushes her to do showcases
Physical Appearance: Celia has thick, long blonde hair with loose curls and brown eyes. She stands at around 5'3" and has very little muscle and is slender.
Clothing: Celia wears a variety of clothes, though she tends not to wear baggy jeans. Nor does she wear designer clothes (unless the price is worth it.) The former because she doesn't like how they look on her, and the latter because she finds them a waste of money unless they last longer. Celia likes dresses and skirts and will try to wear them and make them practical, even if it's difficult to do so.
Personality: Celia is a nice young woman who can be naive at times and doesn't have the best conversational skills (unless it's specifically with her family, then she can navigate those without causing any issues.) She tries to see the best in others, even in those who would be considered objectively "evil." She is a people-pleaser, tending to do things she rather wouldn't do for a chance at earning "love." This is multiplied by the fear of being seen as worthless to others and discarded by those she cares about. In her mind, she doesn't always go through on these fears or desires, however. If she is to be directly part of causing genuine pain to others, she would hold her ground.
Backstory: Celia is the black sheep (or Wooloo/Mareep) of her family, and for good reason. Celia is the spitting image of her father, even in her personality. The later was probably caused by her father spending as much time as he could with her. Some of her fondest memories were playing with him and his partner Lucario, Luane (or Lulu for her father.) He would sometimes create a scavenger hunt for her, leaving random notes around the house until she found the hidden item/gift. Other times, he merely played with her or read books with her.

Even as she got older, Celia was close to her father. After all, he was always the one who supported her with all her various interests and dreams. She always disliked being around her mom and her side of the family. They always made her feel small, as if she was worthless because she wasn't doing more for the family business. Because she preferred spending time with her dad. Unknowingly to her, because she wasn't raised to be a proper part of the family because of her father. She did notice her parents not getting along, as well. Never was able to catch what they were arguing about, though. Partially because she retreated when she heard shouting. Shouting always made her feel small.

When Celia got old enough to start thinking about becoming a trainer, she asked her father for a Riolu so then she could have a Lucario of her own. After all, Luane was a constant figure in her life and was not only a close friend, but her protector. Her father was more than willing to fulfill her request, though it was taking a long time due to specifically making a Riolu that was for her specifically. Though, he had it completed by her 16th birthday, about two years after she first asked. Celia never got to see the egg though, as he disappeared before her birthday. Celia was told that it was because he didn’t truly care about them, that he left because he was upset that she even requested for a Riolu, especially a special one. At first, Celia questioned this, but she was told this so many times that she just… started to believe it.

Two years later, she was to get an Eevee to start her journey. After all, the only role she could play in her family's empire was a PR role due to her father's meddling. While she was at her mother's large-scale daycare, she… felt something. Like something was calling her. She followed the sensation until she came to a Riolu egg. It was on another cart with eggs. She wanted, no… needed to touch it, and upon her touch, the egg hatched and she could somehow feel its feelings. After the shock of the newly-hatched Pokemon wore off, Celia realized that this Riolu had to be Luane's child. He had her signature markings. She needed to take this Riolu with her. After all, she could now tell that the rest of these eggs were not alive and this Riolu wanted to go with her. They quickly found a Pokeball and Celia hid him, picking up an Eevee that her new Riolu liked (for some reason he could sense things outside of the Pokeball.)

After she returned home, she decided to investigate her father's study, going in there for the first time since her dad disappeared. Finding the Riolu that she named after her father's Pokemon made her start questioning her father's disappearance again, and she started to look for clues. Perhaps over the course of her journey, she'll find out what happened to her dad and why he left.

Starter: Riolu

Name: Luan
Species: Riolu
Appearance: Luan is a mostly normal-looking Riolu, except his faux ears fade back into blue (this trait will carry over upon evolution)
Personality/Background: Luan was bred by Celia's dad to be her Pokemon. He is specifically attuned to her Aura and the two can communicate with one another through said connection. He was in an egg for a very long time before Celia found him. A little over two years after he was ready to hatch, actually. He was meant to hatch on Celia’s 16th birthday, but her father was forced to leave. He tried to set up a scavenger hunt for Celia to find him, but that failed and Luan’s egg was found by Celia’s mother. He was sent to the breeding facility, though never hatched. He was vaguely aware of what was happening around him, though.

Luan is a fiercely loyal Pokemon that is highly intelligent. He very much dislikes most of, if not all of Celia’s family on her mother’s side. He firmly believes in justice and hates it when people are passive for no reason. He wants to help Celia become stronger, more confident, and for her to complete his personal goal, doing whatever he can to help. He also wants Celia to help him become stronger and better at sensing aura (and later on controlling it).
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves
  1. Blaze Kick
  2. Vacuum Wave
  3. Endure
  4. Quick Attack
  5. Feint
  6. Metal Claw
  7. Work Up

Name: Dawn
Species: Eevee
Appearance: Dawn is a normal Eevee with a light blue ribbon around one ear
Personality/Background: Dawn was hatched and raised to be a perfect pet or first Pokemon.Well mannered, very trusting, and more than willing to share a victory. Dawn hasn’t had much experience and is very naive and tends to not notice important things unless she is reminded multiple times.
Ability: Adaptability
Moves
  1. Wish
  2. Growl
  3. Helping Hand
  4. Tackle
  5. Quick Attack
  6. Double Kick
  7. Bite
  8. Swift

Name: Psy
Species: Metapod
Appearance: Slightly larger than normal Metapod
Personality/Background: Psy is, to put it bluntly, isn’t the sweetest Pokemon out there. If he were to evolve, he wouldn’t evolve into a Butterfree, but a Bitterfree for how bitter he is at the world. How can one be happy when one loses everything? He doesn’t have legs, he was caught by this random trainer who insists she try to help him. What’s next he- actually, that sentence shouldn’t be finished, ‘lest it come true. Psy is a glass-half-empty kind of Pokemon that used to live in Santalune Forest, though he is unable to express his displeasure at the world as well as he would like as he is trapped in his cocoon.
Moves
  1. Harden
  2. String Shot
  3. Tackle
  4. Bug Bite

Sorry for taking so long! Here she is!

Name: Celia Besnard
Trainer Class: She really wants to do gym battles, but her family pushes her to do showcases
Physical Appearance: Celia has thick, long blonde hair with loose curls and brown eyes. She stands at around 5'3" and has very little muscle and is slender.
Clothing: Celia wears a variety of clothes, though she tends not to wear baggy jeans. Nor does she wear designer clothes (unless the price is worth it.) The former because she doesn't like how they look on her, and the latter because she finds them a waste of money unless they last longer. Celia likes dresses and skirts and will try to wear them and make them practical, even if it's difficult to do so.
Personality: Celia is a nice young woman who can be naive at times and doesn't have the best conversational skills (unless it's specifically with her family, then she can navigate those without causing any issues.) She tries to see the best in others, even in those who would be considered objectively "evil." She is a people-pleaser, tending to do things she rather wouldn't do for a chance at earning "love." This is multiplied by the fear of being seen as worthless to others and discarded by those she cares about. In her mind, she doesn't always go through on these fears or desires, however. If she is to be directly part of causing genuine pain to others, she would hold her ground.
Backstory: Celia is the black sheep (or Wooloo/Mareep) of her family, and for good reason. Celia is the spitting image of her father, even in her personality. The later was probably caused by her father spending as much time as he could with her. Some of her fondest memories were playing with him and his partner Lucario, Luane (or Lulu for her father.) He would sometimes create a scavenger hunt for her, leaving random notes around the house until she found the hidden item/gift. Other times, he merely played with her or read books with her.

Even as she got older, Celia was close to her father. After all, he was always the one who supported her with all her various interests and dreams. She always disliked being around her mom and her side of the family. They always made her feel small, as if she was worthless because she wasn't doing more for the family business. Because she preferred spending time with her dad. Unknowingly to her, because she wasn't raised to be a proper part of the family because of her father. She did notice her parents not getting along, as well. Never was able to catch what they were arguing about, though. Partially because she retreated when she heard shouting. Shouting always made her feel small.

When Celia got old enough to start thinking about becoming a trainer, she asked her father for a Riolu so then she could have a Lucario of her own. After all, Luane was a constant figure in her life and was not only a close friend, but her protector. Her father was more than willing to fulfill her request, though it was taking a long time due to specifically making a Riolu that was for her specifically. Though, he had it completed by her 16th birthday, about two years after she first asked. Celia never got to see the egg though, as he disappeared before her birthday. Celia was told that it was because he didn’t truly care about them, that he left because he was upset that she even requested for a Riolu, especially a special one. At first, Celia questioned this, but she was told this so many times that she just… started to believe it.

Two years later, she was to get an Eevee to start her journey. After all, the only role she could play in her family's empire was a PR role due to her father's meddling. While she was at her mother's large-scale daycare, she… felt something. Like something was calling her. She followed the sensation until she came to a Riolu egg. It was on another cart with eggs. She wanted, no… needed to touch it, and upon her touch, the egg hatched and she could somehow feel its feelings. After the shock of the newly-hatched Pokemon wore off, Celia realized that this Riolu had to be Luane's child. He had her signature markings. She needed to take this Riolu with her. After all, she could now tell that the rest of these eggs were not alive and this Riolu wanted to go with her. They quickly found a Pokeball and Celia hid him, picking up an Eevee that her new Riolu liked (for some reason he could sense things outside of the Pokeball.)

After she returned home, she decided to investigate her father's study, going in there for the first time since her dad disappeared. Finding the Riolu that she named after her father's Pokemon made her start questioning her father's disappearance again, and she started to look for clues. Perhaps over the course of her journey, she'll find out what happened to her dad and why he left.

Starter: Riolu

Name: Luan
Species: Riolu
Appearance: Luan is a mostly normal-looking Riolu, except his faux ears fade back into blue (this trait will carry over upon evolution)
Personality/Background: Luan was bred by Celia's dad to be her Pokemon. He is specifically attuned to her Aura and the two can communicate with one another through said connection. He was in an egg for a very long time before Celia found him. A little over two years after he was ready to hatch, actually. He was meant to hatch on Celia’s 16th birthday, but her father was forced to leave. He tried to set up a scavenger hunt for Celia to find him, but that failed and Luan’s egg was found by Celia’s mother. He was sent to the breeding facility, though never hatched. He was vaguely aware of what was happening around him, though.

Luan is a fiercely loyal Pokemon that is highly intelligent. He very much dislikes most of, if not all of Celia’s family on her mother’s side. He firmly believes in justice and hates it when people are passive for no reason. He wants to help Celia become stronger, more confident, and for her to complete his personal goal, doing whatever he can to help. He also wants Celia to help him become stronger and better at sensing aura (and later on controlling it).
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves
  1. Blaze Kick
  2. Vacuum Wave
  3. Endure
  4. Quick Attack
  5. Feint
  6. Metal Claw
  7. Work Up

Name: Dawn
Species: Eevee
Appearance: Dawn is a normal Eevee with a light blue ribbon around one ear
Personality/Background: Dawn was hatched and raised to be a perfect pet or first Pokemon.Well mannered, very trusting, and more than willing to share a victory. Dawn hasn’t had much experience and is very naive and tends to not notice important things unless she is reminded multiple times.
Ability: Adaptability
Moves
  1. Wish
  2. Growl
  3. Helping Hand
  4. Tackle
  5. Quick Attack
  6. Double Kick
  7. Bite
  8. Swift

Name: Psy
Species: Metapod
Appearance: Slightly larger than normal Metapod
Personality/Background: Psy is, to put it bluntly, isn’t the sweetest Pokemon out there. If he were to evolve, he wouldn’t evolve into a Butterfree, but a Bitterfree for how bitter he is at the world. How can one be happy when one loses everything? He doesn’t have legs, he was caught by this random trainer who insists she try to help him. What’s next he- actually, that sentence shouldn’t be finished, ‘lest it come true. Psy is a glass-half-empty kind of Pokemon that used to live in Santalune Forest, though he is unable to express his displeasure at the world as well as he would like as he is trapped in his cocoon.
Moves
  1. Harden
  2. String Shot
  3. Tackle
  4. Bug Bite

Sorry for taking so long! Here she is!
Accepted o7

Cissy: Seadra & Blastoise
Danny: Nidoqueen, Machoke, Scyther, Electrode & Geodude
Rudy: Electabuzz, Exeggutor, Starmie, Hitmonchan, Goldem, Alakazam, Pidgeot, Rhydon, Venomoth & Ninetales
Luana: Alakazam, Marowak

Just a list of what Pokemon the Orange Crew currently own and figure discussion on what ones we can add to Cissy, Danny & Luana for "full teams" to flesh them out a bit. Also much like the mainline Gym Leaders I figure the general idea is they select Pokemon based on experience of their opponent and house their pre evolutions for those options.

Also if anyone has an idea for a fitting challenge for Luana prior to the double battle would be nice as I want to tweak the Orange League format so it is a challenge first then a battle. Cissy & Danny have a challenge covered so adding a post battle is easy enough, Rudy has both, and Luana has the battle but could use a challenge prior. Something team based I would presume given her battle gimmick.

Cissy: Seadra & Blastoise
Danny: Nidoqueen, Machoke, Scyther, Electrode & Geodude
Rudy: Electabuzz, Exeggutor, Starmie, Hitmonchan, Goldem, Alakazam, Pidgeot, Rhydon, Venomoth & Ninetales
Luana: Alakazam, Marowak

Just a list of what Pokemon the Orange Crew currently own and figure discussion on what ones we can add to Cissy, Danny & Luana for "full teams" to flesh them out a bit. Also much like the mainline Gym Leaders I figure the general idea is they select Pokemon based on experience of their opponent and house their pre evolutions for those options.

Also if anyone has an idea for a fitting challenge for Luana prior to the double battle would be nice as I want to tweak the Orange League format so it is a challenge first then a battle. Cissy & Danny have a challenge covered so adding a post battle is easy enough, Rudy has both, and Luana has the battle but could use a challenge prior. Something team based I would presume given her battle gimmick.
I don't think you need full teams since you won't really be doing 6v6 battles, but since Cissy does an aquatic race then I imagine Floatzel-line, Sharpedo-line, Lapras, could be viable additions.

Can't remember what the rest of gym leaders do, so I'll have to get back to you on that

I don't think you need full teams since you won't really be doing 6v6 battles, but since Cissy does an aquatic race then I imagine Floatzel-line, Sharpedo-line, Lapras, could be viable additions.

Can't remember what the rest of gym leaders do, so I'll have to get back to you on that

It's more for the fact Adrianne is a lower experience level to Reggie and Briar so want a full range of teams so they have options depending on who each of the Orange Crew take on. Appreciate any and all future suggestions ^^

Finally done!

Name: Felix Winchester
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: A young boy, 5ft 9inches, lanky, light brown hair, with curls
Clothing: Often wears hoodies, jeans and his "lucky" black trainers
Personality: As a person with autism, Felix is rather outgoing. He loves having friends, and a good challenge to him is never far away!
Backstory: Felix grew up in Hammerlocke, but moved to Mesagoza when he was 11. He then moved to Hoenn at 14, where he was lucky enough to receive a Shiny Treeko as a travel companion. It later evolved into Grovyle, and then Sceptile.
Pokemon: Sceptile (Shiny, M)

Nickname: Blue
Species: Sceptile
Notes: Shiny
Moves: Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, Grass Pledge, Dual Chop, Screech, Giga Drain, Fury Cutter, Frenzy Plant
Main used: Leaf Blade, Fury Cutter, Dual Chop

Finally done!

Physical Appearance: A young boy, 5ft 9inches, lanky, light brown hair, with curls
Personality: As a person with autism, Felix is rather outgoing. He loves having friends, and a good challenge to him is never far away!
Backstory: Felix grew up in Hammerlocke, but moved to Mesagoza when he was 11. He then moved to Hoenn at 14, where he was lucky enough to receive a Shiny Treeko as a travel companion. It later evolved into Grovyle, and then Sceptile.

Moves: Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade, Grass Pledge, Dual Chop, Screech, Giga Drain, Fury Cutter, Frenzy Plant
Ooh hey, another Sceptile user! :D

l
Finally done!

accepted!

it's so time

Name:
Hubert Lee

Trainer Class:
Battler

Physical Appearance:
Hubert stands at 5’9, sporting a physique on the slimmer side but with some decent working muscle. Having hailed from Undella Town and enjoyed a great deal of outdoor activity, his complexion has become fairly tan, and his hair is a dark but sun-kissed brown, often unceremoniously swept to the right in a medium-length, two-block style. Hubert’s eyes are a deep hazel, glowing in the sunlight like pools of honey and often radiating carefree vibes, which help save those who make eye contact with him from any awkwardness.

1697351533806.png

Clothing:
Hubert prioritizes comfort above all else when it comes to clothes, which often means a simple ensemble. Loose fitting T-shirt in a solid color or with a simplistic, minimalist design, shorts, pants or joggers to match, and a pair of comfy, white, well-worn sneakers. If the weather calls for it, he’ll also throw on a slightly baggy crew neck sweater or hoodie, and a bomber jacket to top it off if need be.

Personality:
When considering the phrase, ‘Go with the flow’, Hubert is practically the flow personified in every situation. He rarely ever gets "fired up", nor does he ever feel particularly sad. With an ‘It is what it is’ mindset taken to the maximum, he rolls with anything that comes his way and simply makes the most of what is put in front of him. This lends a great deal to his notably amiable disposition, which makes him easily approachable to others and willing to make friends on a dime.

To those he befriends, Hubert is loyal and deeply trusting, expecting not much more than the same in return, though his easy-going demeanor may unknowingly come off as irritating to some. He often puts their needs above his, a potentially negative trait depending on the situation that was most likely born from his willingness to take whatever hits him in stride. In battle, however, his carefree mentality makes him dangerously unpredictable to any opponent, courtesy of his ability to adapt in a flash and make multiple ‘something’s out of seemingly nothing.

Hubert has simplistic, almost child-like values; he just likes to have fun, wherever his journey leads him. He enjoys eating good food, he gives his Pokemon companions names he personally thinks are pretty cool, and he regularly listens to the same music if it’s just that good. If he finds something he’s interested in, he’ll fully invest in it until he feels fulfilled, then move on to the next, though he’d happily take the scenic route if ever necessary.

Name: Reaper
Species: Skorupi
Ability: Sniper
Moves:
Poison Fang
Bug Bite
Night Slash
Hone Claws

Name: Comet
Species: Golett (Shiny)
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves:
Iron Defense
Mega Punch
Shadow Punch
Stomping Tantrum

Name: Phantasm
Species: Shelmet
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves:
Acid
Curse
Struggle Bug
Giga Drain

Last edited:
it's so time

Name:
Hubert Lee

Trainer Class:
Battler

Physical Appearance:
Hubert stands at 5’9, sporting a physique on the slimmer side but with some decent working muscle. Having hailed from Undella Town and enjoyed a great deal of outdoor activity, his complexion has become fairly tan, and his hair is a dark but sun-kissed brown, often unceremoniously swept to the right in a medium-length, two-block style. Hubert’s eyes are a deep hazel, glowing in the sunlight like pools of honey and often radiating carefree vibes, which help save those who make eye contact with him from any awkwardness.

Clothing:
Hubert prioritizes comfort above all else when it comes to clothes, which often means a simple ensemble. Loose fitting T-shirt in a solid color or with a simplistic, minimalist design, shorts, pants or joggers to match, and a pair of comfy, white, well-worn sneakers. If the weather calls for it, he’ll also throw on a slightly baggy crew neck sweater or hoodie, and a bomber jacket to top it off if need be.

Personality:
When considering the phrase, ‘Go with the flow’, Hubert is practically the flow personified in every situation. He rarely ever gets "fired up", nor does he ever feel particularly sad. With an ‘It is what it is’ mindset taken to the maximum, he rolls with anything that comes his way and simply makes the most of what is put in front of him. This lends a great deal to his notably amiable disposition, which makes him easily approachable to others and willing to make friends on a dime.

To those he befriends, Hubert is loyal and deeply trusting, expecting not much more than the same in return, though his easy-going demeanor may unknowingly come off as irritating to some. He often puts their needs above his, a potentially negative trait depending on the situation that was most likely born from his willingness to take whatever hits him in stride. In battle, however, his carefree mentality makes him dangerously unpredictable to any opponent, courtesy of his ability to adapt in a flash and make multiple ‘something’s out of seemingly nothing.

Hubert has simplistic, almost child-like values; he just likes to have fun, wherever his journey leads him. He enjoys eating good food, he gives his Pokemon companions names he personally thinks are pretty cool, and he regularly listens to the same music if it’s just that good. If he finds something he’s interested in, he’ll fully invest in it until he feels fulfilled, then move on to the next, though he’d happily take the scenic route if ever necessary.

Name: Reaper
Species: Skorupi
Ability: Sniper
Moves:
Poison Fang
Bug Bite
Night Slash
Hone Claws

Name: Comet
Species: Golett (Shiny)
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves:
Iron Defense
Mega Punch
Shadow Punch
Stomping Tantrum

Name: Phantasm
Species: Shelmet
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves:
Acid
Curse
Struggle Bug
Giga Drain
accepted o7

Unova here we go:
Nickname: JJ
Trainer type: Battler
Appearance: jayden.jpg
Personality: Jayden is a stubborn, jock, run head first into things kinda of guy. He pretends to plan things, but he never follows them. His competitive side also takes over most of the time, which has left him with more ex-girlfriends then he can count. His lack of concentration and strategy has gotten him more losses than victories, yet he has managed to make a name for himself. Basically, your typical action anime protagonist.
Background: Jayden was born and raised in Castellia city in Unova. He wears his city boy habits on his sleeves. He obtained his partner Pokemon, an Elekid from his parents, hopping that will help him learn to focus and settle down. Instead, the electric Pokemon got contaminated by his trainer's energy and the set out to become the best in the city. Beating after beating, years of training and trying to learn, the duo became a local punching bag. But that never stopped them, slowly the Elekid became an Electabuzz and after years of street battles and local tournaments, an Electrivire. Feeling that his loyal partner could use some help, JJ and Ele (Electrivire) decided to set out on a journey to find a team to help them achieve their goal, Unova champion!
Team:
Ele (Electrivire)
Male
Ability Motor Drive
Moves: Thunder Punch, Quick Attack, Swift, Shock Wave, Spark, Mega Punch, Thunder Wave, Leer.

Unova here we go:
Nickname: JJ
Trainer type: Battler
Appearance: View attachment 947426
Personality: Jayden is a stubborn, jock, run head first into things kinda of guy. He pretends to plan things, but he never follows them. His competitive side also takes over most of the time, which has left him with more ex-girlfriends then he can count. His lack of concentration and strategy has gotten him more losses than victories, yet he has managed to make a name for himself. Basically, your typical action anime protagonist.
Background: Jayden was born and raised in Castellia city in Unova. He wears his city boy habits on his sleeves. He obtained his partner Pokemon, an Elekid from his parents, hopping that will help him learn to focus and settle down. Instead, the electric Pokemon got contaminated by his trainer's energy and the set out to become the best in the city. Beating after beating, years of training and trying to learn, the duo became a local punching bag. But that never stopped them, slowly the Elekid became an Electabuzz and after years of street battles and local tournaments, an Electrivire. Feeling that his loyal partner could use some help, JJ and Ele (Electrivire) decided to set out on a journey to find a team to help them achieve their goal, Unova champion!
Team:
Ele (Electrivire)
Male
Ability Motor Drive
Moves: Thunder Punch, Quick Attack, Swift, Shock Wave, Spark, Mega Punch, Thunder Wave, Leer.
accepted

Sorry for double-post, but can we post as in we are in different locations at different times? I could have the Emery battle going on, but at the same (in the current day) I could meet Esther and the rest of the group.

Also, I made a trainer card:

Sorry for double-post, but can we post as in we are in different locations at different times? I could have the Emery battle going on, but at the same (in the current day) I could meet Esther and the rest of the group.

Also, I made a trainer card:
Sorry mate, the Kalos group is full and we aren't accepting any new members at the moment. You could ask around to see which other groups might be accepting. What level of trainer is Felix and what do you plan to do with him?