• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League

Chu giggled happily as she heard Raza speak in English. She complimented on her new skill while looking up at her with such adoring eyes. <That is soooo good, Raza! I'm jealous.>

Shade nodded and smiled joyfully at Shiori. Man, it was a while. The announcement caught her and her mouse off guard, earning a squeak from Chu as they both snapped their heads up to where they could hear the sound of the voice coming from. Smiling, Chu squeaked about excitedly as she surfed about on her tail back to the arena. Shade nodded to the offered seat and walked with Shiori and Raza to the arena, while Chu was already at the bleachers and found some great seats, which she placed her tail on three of them to take them. She didn't need a seat, as she was going to be stealing her trainer's lap for a bit.

“Alright let’s use Ancient Power.” The Donphan had rolled away from the swirling ring the Lapras had created, slightly damaged from running into the water, but it was nothing leftovers couldn’t fix in time. Vito roared as he summoned more stones and sent them flying towards the Lapras, easily going through the water.

As Jaden watched the first battle of the tournament commence, he let loose a soft whistle, impressed with the young guy’s combination attacks. Acacia, you’re pretty good. Hopefully I get to battle you in one of the later rounds. Though, there’s just too many people here I’d love to take a crack at. While the opening battle raged on, the Trainer could overhear side conversations from people as they watched in amazement. Comments about other strong trainers, and what the rest of the battles would look like if this was just the start. Leaning back, Jaden couldn’t help but playfully smirk to himself. Looks like I’ll have to go hard right from the beginning. Actually...

A minute ago, he had received a notice about who he was going to be battling. In the excitement of the match at hand, he’d forgotten to take a look and see who he was up against. Looking at the screen of his PokeGear, a picture of a woman close to his age appeared on it. Shade Arca...fi...wha?...Puzzled, young man honestly wasn’t sure how to pronounce her name without most likely butchering it. Well, besides the interesting name, looks like she’s pretty good. I’ll have to really dig into my bag of tricks if I wanna beat her. No sooner than finishing that thought, Jaden looked back up to the battle, but his attention was soon diverted again. Just sitting down in front of him, was an Alolan Raichu, a punk looking lady, another guy that looked to be competing in the tournament, and his first round opponent. Well, this is interesting...should I say hey and talk to her before the match, or go with the surprise plan? While he did like the thought of stepping up for the match with no one really knowing him, he was too curious to learn what type of person his opponent was.

“Scuse me. Your name’s Shade, right?” he asked, while moving down from his original seat behind the group to sit alongside them.

Shiori sat down in the seat that Chu had snagged for them, smiling and nodding in thanks to the Alolan Raichu. Raza sat next to Shiori, putting her feet up on the seats in front of them and running a hand through her hair. It looked like there was already a battle going on when they got there, and boy, was it a doozy. The boy with the Donphan... he looked kind of familiar to Shiori. Looking at the battle display, he read the name. Acacia... Hey....
"Raza... This is the kid that won a few World Tournaments back in Unova! Remember?" Shiori said. The disguised Zoroark took a closer look at the young man battling, before smiling a toothy grin and looking back at Shiori. He'd be an interesting guy to fight, that's for sure.

At the sound of another voice, Shiori turned back to see a black haired man approaching them, asking about Shade. Shiori lifted his sunglasses to get a better look at the guy. Definitely another competitor...

“Brine!” Mosaryu opened her mouth under the water of the diminishing vortex to fire a high pressure Beam of salt water. The attack torn through the first boulder it hit before being directed toward Vito, as the remaining stones begun to pepper the water around Mosaryu. The occasional rock did collide with her body causing the salty Beam to waver, though the drag of he after did lesser the effectiveness slightly, regardless she did her best to continue the attack anyway. The occasional glow and rejuvenation from her Aqua ring helping to counter the super effective hits.

Vito was directly hit by the brine attack. Even the Donphan’s great strength and endurance was not enough to withstand such a powerful attack with a clear type disadvantage. “Great Job! You were amazing!” Acacia complicated Vito as he returned the Donphan, overwhelmed with pride. Sure, Vito hadn’t succeeded in knocking out an opponent but he put up a fight against two Pokémon he was at a great disadvantage against, never giving up. “We’ll win this for you buddy.” He whispered to the heavyball that housed Vito.

“Topaz you’re up!” He shouted while throwing a luxury ball into the ring. An extremely powerful looking Luxray emerged from the ball. Time to turn things up a notch thought Acacia upon seeing the electric type. Topaz had been gifted to Acacia as an egg to him from his sister Willow who bred her Alolan Persian with Valkner’s Luxray, so Topaz had access to some extremely rare moves and was naturally very powerful. “Discharge!” Dozens of blue lightning bolts crackled out from Topaz’s body, flying in all directions before they targeted the water surrounding Lapras. The plan was to hit the aqua ring. The water conducting the electricity would raise the power of the attack to great heights. If the Lapras chose to dodge it would almost definitely be hit by one of the other many electric currents surrounding it. Acacia smirked as the move was executed. That’s why they call him one of my “Big 3” Sure most of his Pokémon were strong enough to compete with elite 4 members and even champions, but Topaz, Kaiju, and especially Omi were on another level from the rest of his Pokémon. Thus earning them permanent positions one his team, while the other 3 slots, though often given to Sol, Vito, and Alfyn, were occasionally rotated.

Mosaryu could do little to protect herself when the electric attack hit, lighting up the arena with a bright flash of light
“Well done Mosaryu, Frostbite avenge your fallen sister! Retaliate!” Hyoga returned Mosaryu once the sparks had settled and in her place appeared a sleek and slender Weavile, who immediately raced forward with blinding speed and begun racing around Topaz, taking any open opportunity to lash out and try to strike the luxray with her sharpened claws

“Laser focus.” Acacia was oddly calm even though his Pokémon was under attack from a Weavile set on revenge. Topaz’s eyes glowed yellow and he focused in on the Weavile’s every move. Time seemed to slow down for the Pokémon as it locked onto Mosaryu. “Now swift.” The Luxray swung his tail and out of the path shot shining stars. They followed Mosaryu and targeted its weak points. This next attack was a guarantee to make contact and hit critically.

Without even needing to be told, Frostbite raced away from the incoming stars which continued to follow her as she weaves her way across the field.
“Double taunt then avalanche” the single weavile suddenly split into two then four then eight as the stars continued to follow her and the copies, each copy taking the opportunity to turn and taunt Topaz before racing off before the eight weaviles begun to seperate and the stars had no choice but to do the same. Colliding with the weavile copies and exploding with the copy into a cloud of smoke. While her copies were being taken out Frostbite begin to charge an avalanche waiting until she had been hit by the attack in order to maximize its power. When the remaining stars did hit Frostbite the pure power of the attack knocked her back slightly, forcing her to regain her footing again before launching a white tidal wave of snow across the whole field toward Topaz.

“Hmph.” Acacia snickered, it was an impressive dodge but nowhere near enough to beat Topaz. “Iron Tail.” The Luxray’s tail turned a metallic gray and it did a front flip as it slammed the tail powerfully into the incoming wall of snow, splitting it in two in order to create a safe passage between. “Swift!” Topaz once again shot stars from its tail, tracking the Weavile once again.

“Snowpoint Stealth Strike!” Yelled Hyōga, he had specifically trained his Pokémon with combos and maneuvers which made it harder for his opponents to react to. Frostbite begun by sending a huge blizzard toward Topaz, primarily to counter the Swift attack using the resulting explosion and reduced visibility due to blizzard to seemingly disappear. The heavy covering of snow helping to obscure her movement before appearing suddenly behind Topaz and lashing out with glowing brown claws. Then just how she appeared she vanished again to try and attack the Luxray from another angle

Last edited:
Shade caught up to both Shiori and Raza as her Raichu floated off of the seats and squeaking at Shiori and Raza as a "you're welcome" kind of squeak and flew into her trainer's awaiting arms. Sitting down next to Shiori, she took a look at the battle before her, which had already started and it was getting intense. She could hear the commands and those commands were unlike any other she has ever heard. Of course, it wasn't unheard of for trainers to combine moves together and train on those combinations of moves and give them interesting names. It gave their Pokemon more of a specific direction of what to do with their moves and also gives confusion to their enemies as they don't know what to expect. She did have a few combinations of moves like this up her sleeves, but she wasn't so sure what to actually call them. Although, she would know that if she were to come up with a name for those combinations that her Pokemon worked on before, they would undoubtedly figure out what she wanted them to do. Of course, with a bit of puzzlement on her Pokemon's end for a good few seconds - a good few seconds that the enemy could use against them.

Sighing and wondering what to do, her reverie was interrupted when a man sat down right next to her. Raising an eyebrow, she wondered how he knew her name. Pulling out her phone to check the brackets, she realized this "kid" was her upcoming opponent. Looking at his appearance, he seemed like the rough and roll kind of guy with all those ripped clothes. Jaden was his name. Interesting. She kind of wanted to test his knowledge on battles and how well he could figure out his opponent's battle strategy. If he was good at that, then Shade had a really good idea to implement during the battle. Putting the phone away quickly, she waved to him while her Alolan Raichu sniffed the air around Jaden. Might as well be social, she thought. "Yes, sirree, I am. And you must be Jaden, my opponent. Nice to meet an opponent before a fight. How are you? How are you enjoying this fight?"

She secretly kept a close ear and eye on him while her Raichu was continuously sniffing him from the safety of her trainer's arms. Anything she can squeeze from this guy would be great. Of course, she practically spilled all the beans anyway on her profile and she would just read up on his profile online anyway and get anything she could off of the young man. If anything, the only thing she can really get off him was that he probably lived out in rough terrain and conditions judging by his clothes. That can really temper his fighting spirit of not only himself, but his Pokemon, as well. If that was the case, then he was going to be tough. She would just have to think on her feet, something she was pretty good at doing anyway.

Glad to see her respond favorably, Jaden waved to the other trainer Shade was sitting with before he had dropped in to say hello. For some reason, he felt a sense of familiarity about the guy, but couldn’t pinpoint how exactly. If Declan was here, he’d know. He keeps up somewhat with relevant culture. Turning back to his soon to be opponent, the young man smiled excitedly.

“Who wouldn’t be? That Acacia kid down there is damn good. Makes me wish I wasn’t so out of the loop with who’s been competing in the leagues recently”

While he had taken a look at Shade’s profile, he only went over it in brief. It wasn’t due to cockiness, he simply preferred fighting without knowing everything an opponent had in store. Sometimes it put him at a disadvantage, but that was just the kind of person he was. It was a feeling that was hard to describe, but was unlike anything else in the world. Akin to revelling in the mysteries of the world, when you discover them in person for the first time. Taking a look over at her Raichu, more amazement seemed to fill Jaden’s eyes, to the point they were now brimming with energy.

“Oh woah! I’ve never seen a Raichu like this before”

He could tell they were smelling him over to get a feel for him. Slowly, he reached his hand towards the Raichu, to let them know he wasn’t a threat. Remaining careful not to move too quick to try and avoid startling them, or giving off the sense of invading their personal space.

“I’ll be honest, there’s still several regions I haven’t gotten to visit yet. So I’m kind of hoping I’ll see even more Pokemon for the first time here. Where’re you from if you don’t mind me asking?”

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia watched the battle below, her face serious and calculating. The competitor named Acacia looked very skilled - she’d have to watch out.
She fingered the closed locket on her neck, deep in thought. She clicked it open, seeing the picture of herself and her sister laughing together.
A faint smile on her face, she clicked the locket closed.
Right now, she was trying to keep a low profile. She’d been persuaded to bring a bodyguard to the event, but she refused, knowing that would likely draw attention to herself.
Almost everyone here probably knew who she was. However, no one at all knew of the secret she’d been hiding. That was good, considering that she wanted to catch her opponents off-guard with it.

Topaz took the slashes as the Weavile darted around. The Luxray was stumbling, not sure exactly what to do against such a quick opponent. “Magnet Rise.” Acacia shouted. A feeling of energy pulsed outwards from Topaz’s feet and the Pokémon began to float, Levitating high above the snow and the reach of the Weavile. “Now Laser Focus then Thunder!” From Topaz’s elevated state his X-ray vision activated as he locked on to his target, tracing its movements in the snow, even allowing it to see through the ground. The black lion roared as it summoned a lightning bolt that crashed down from the sky, splitting the ground above where it located the Weavile.

Last edited:
Shade just smiled as they talked amicably. She nodded in agreement to being out of the loop. Her studies has sometimes closeted her to the outside world. Her only source of information on such things comes from her siblings rambling about something that happened.

Being the kind of person she was when going to fight someone, she would rather let them surprise her or get the information from them as she talked with them. Although, something in his gaze caught her attention and noticed the amazement in his eyes as he was looking at her Raichu. Raising an eyebrow, she simply grinned, realizing that the man probably hasn't been to Alola before or has seen the Raichu that come from there.

Sniffing his hand, the Alolan Raichu raised her arms up in happiness, letting Shade know she wanted to let go. Shade loosened her grip, and her mouse hopped up on Jaden's leg. Due to her excitement, her yellow cheeks began smelling of sweet, fluffy pancakes as they sparked a little.

At Jaden's question, Shade smiled and peered down at the battle as she talked. She didn't feel so uneasy around the guy anymore, so it was time for her to relax a bit. "Well, I was born in Oblivia while my parents were traveling. After about a couple years of more travel and getting more children, they settled north of Mt. Moon in the Kanto region. The mountains and trees help to hide our ranch, so it's pretty great. I have been everywhere though. Never really spending more than maybe two or three years in the same region at a time except for Kanto for obvious reasons. I travel while also dealing with college classes after I graduating at my last school. By the way, there are many different forms of species of Pokemon in Alola. My Chu is part Psychic along with being part Electric. Alola has other forms, like a Dark-Type Meowth and Persian, an Ice-Type Vulpix and an Ice/Fairy-Type Ninetales, a Grass/Dragon-Type Exeggutor that looks like a palm tree, and so many others. They are fascinating to study," now it was Shade's turn to have her eyes widen with excited curiosity. Talking about Pokemon really brought out her interests.

She was now looking at the Weavile and Luxray duking it out down there. A flash of lightning could be seen as the Luxray locked on and attacked, while the Weavile was darting about everywhere in the thick snow. Such a spectacle. She seemed more intrigued at the actual creatures than she was the actual battle happening.

Before her mind decided to lose itself in the fight and the pretty lights and mesmerizing movements, she looked back over at Jaden. "Where are you from?" As she asked with an excited smile, Chu was showing off her tail and rode it like a surfboard above Jaden's lap before jumping down on his leg. She even allowed him to pet her if he was so inclined to do so, seeing as she was incredibly friendly.

Unable to help himself from chuckling, he was enjoying the energy Shade’s Pokemon had. As their cheeks sparked up a little, he was close enough to smell the scent of...pancakes? It definitely made him cock his head a little in confusion for a moment, to make sure his nose was still working properly. I definitely didn’t expect this.

As Chu continued bouncing around while Shade shared about where she came from, Jaden patted the adorable creature on her head once they rested back on his lap for a moment. “You just keep on going don’t you?” he whispered to the electric mouse with a wide smile, once Shade had finished speaking. Digging into his weathered duffle bag, the Trainer managed to locate a plastic container brimming with Pokemon food. Despite his clothing giving many the impression he was a poor vagabond, the plastic container held some of the highest grade Pokemon food money could buy. Just a few steps below what high class socialites treated their Pokemon too. Offering some of it for Chu to try, he turned back to Shade as she returned the question in kind to him.

“Kanto huh? Well, I guess that makes us region neighbors. I’m from Johto. Cherrygrove City. After I saw what my own region had to offer, I headed out your way for a bit. My first Pokemon Conference, I didn’t place as well as I hoped I could. So I decided to take a crack at the Indigo League for another opportunity. Made it a bit further up the ladder that time. Still didn’t win, but I placed well enough to be allowed on Mt. Silver.”

Rubbing the back of his head a little, as he mentioned Mt. Silver, he began to reflect on just how much time he had spent on his Pokemon journey there. While it was great for training, it did feel a little embarrassing to come back after a few years to see things be vastly different from when he left. Maybe I should shorten how long I’m up their next time…

“Your parents have a ranch near Mt. Moon though? You’re right then, it’s definitely hidden pretty good. I don’t remember seeing one when I was out there. Heh...just goes to show, there’s always someplace undiscovered, even when you think you’ve seen all there is to a region”

Although he still wanted to see more of the spectacular battling going on down in the arena, Jaden was actually having a lot of fun talking with Shade and playing with Chu. It had been a while since he remembered socializing like this, and really spending time talking with another person. Even though he was going to be battling her, he couldn’t say he felt nervous in this instance. The conversation had been fairly therapeutic in a way for him so far.

When the Thunder hit and split the ground above her Frostbite was quick to disappear once more into the snowy folds of the battlefield.
“Double team then midnight slicer!” Frostbite jumped from the confines of the snowy field and begun replicating herself before all racing along the snow top so fast that they didn’t even leave foot prints thanks to Aerial Ace. In unison the multiple weaviles all leapt in to the air their bodies glowing white due to aerial ace while their claws were coated in a dark aura due to night slash. The copies all attacked from a different angle but their intent was clear to pre-occupy Topaz with one while others hit him

“Discharge!” Bolts of electricity shot away from the Luxray in all directions, more than enough to eliminate every clone and hit the real one. “Ready a superpower!” Topaz’s body glowed with a hint of orange as it prepared to charge the Weavile with an attack as soon as a bolt revealed where it was.

The discharge turned the copies to dust and threw Frostbite back to the edge of the battle field. Visibility hurt and exhausted she turned to face Hyoga with a determined cry turned to face her opponent, staring at the incoming Luxray with her big red eyes which seemed to glow yellow all of a sudden (laser focus) just as the attacker down upon her. But in an instant she wasn’t there seemingly disappearing once more before launching a final last ditch attempt to hit Topaz her entire body glowing with white energy (aerial ace), pouring all her strength into this final attack.

The aerial ace landed critically and hit Topaz from behind, causing him to be flung forwards a far distance. The attack surly would’ve finished off the Luxray in its vulnerable state from using superpower if it wasn’t for the health Topaz restored thanks to the Shell bell and discharge along with the fact that flying type was not very effective. Acacia had no time to be impressed by the move, “Quick, Swift!” Topaz stumbled to his feet and flicked his tail once more, launching stars at the feline Pokémon.

Still carefully watching the battle below, both Ruby and Atty were quiet and focused on each trainer. Considering Hyoga was a trainer to his very own Weavile, the two girls made sure to observe and pick up on any techniques that he decided to utilize. As expected, the agility and speed of Frostbite was a key factor in deciding his strategies, Atty taking a mental note of the various attack combinations. Though there were some choices she personally wouldn't have called, it was fairly similar to her own methods of directing Ruby.

However, Weaviles were naturally the opposite of tanky. With their quick and powerful hits came a distinct lack in defenses, as seen when the clawed Pokemon began growing weaker after each hit, while the Luxray continued to stand and deal out damage. Atty looked down to her lap as she heard Ruby huff, possibly out of impatience or anxiety.

"Hey now," She gave a soft poke to her, squishing a furred cheek. "Remember this is all in good fun. Let's be happy we got this far, huh?"

Frostbite has collapsed before the stars had even left Topaz’s tail, instead they sailed over her head and exploded in a colloid of sparkles
“Attention ladies and gentlemen the field will now be switched due to extreme damage please wait while this takes place” Yelled a commentator as the field begun to sink into the ground and in its place rose a replacement, this one covered in large stone barricades and dried brown grass.
“Frostbite you gave it your all, I’m so proud of you, Wisper you’re up!”
When the Froslass took to the field the entire field was coated in a loose cold mist “Ominous wind!” Wisper raised her arms in a slow dance like motion before unleashing a huge gust of vaguely purple wind toward Topaz, tearing up a few areas of dead grass

Last edited:
Acacia groaned, he had never been good at countering wind type attacks. Besides putting up a shield or having wind to meet it with what was he supposed to do? Topaz took the brunt of the attack and clearly did not have much fight left in him. Acacia made the decision that they would go out using every last bit of strength they had, hopefully dealing serious damage before they were done. “Topaz this is it! Wild Dark Night!” The Luxray recognized what his trainer was going for and prepared himself for his final attack. He readied Night slash, his claws extended, glowing black and purple. Then he activated Crunch and his fangs seemed to grow, hanging down like a saber tooth tiger’s and glowing the same black and purple shade. Finally electricity enveloped Topaz’s body as he ran towards the Frosslass with Wild Charge. With the power of the three attacks combined, the duo hoped it would inflict some serious damage, however, if he made contact he would surly faint before the Shell Bell was able to activate.

Chu squeaked happily as she was given attention... And then food was offered. She looked at the cute little morsel with sparkling eyes of amazement as she looked up to Jaden, and then back at the food, then to Jaden, then to the food again. She sniffed the proffered food and her eyes lit up even more. It smelled so sweet! She carefully grabbed the food in between her paws, sniffed the food again, took a little nibble, and then her body sprang up in to the air as she cheered happily. She sat back down on Jaden's leg and began eating it slowly, savoring every bite.

Shade, when she was done talking, looked over to hear Jaden say something she thought was to her, but then realized it was to Chu. Seeing how Chu reacted to the food, she just let out a big "awwww" before scratching her behind her ear. Chu's ear flicked about and then relaxed as her entire body followed suit. Meanwhile, she listened to what Jaden had to say. His adventure in Mt. Silver really reflected on his clothes. Seeing that the food he had seemed extremely expensive, she assumed he didn't really care about his clothes too much as he preferred to spend his money on things that would help his Pokemon. She nodded and chuckled a bit as she heard that someone had actually kept the man from going onto Mt. Silver. Really? She must have flown above them if that was the case.

"Someone was blocking the way to Mt. Silver? Really? I just flew above them to explore. I didn't realize they checked. Then again, I never fought in those official tournament leagues. Yea, I had enough in every region to compete in every tournament, but I had work and college to do. Gym leaders were easier to deal with than having to be at a tournament for a week and possibly missing a day to work or turn in homework. If I did join one of those tournaments, I'd probably place pretty high, but I don't think I'll win. There's always a bigger fish, no matter how much the smaller fish puffs themselves up."

As the topic went to her ranch, she smiled a heartwarming smile. She was quite fond of her home, and her face reflected that. There was apparently a lot of support and good memories flowing from her home. "Well, it helps that it is actually behind the Mt. Moon everyone knows about and can see from Pewter City to Cerulean City. There is a range that stretches beyond what other people see of hilly forests and small mountainous peaks. We are in a little clearing that expands out into the forests behind Mt. Moon. You can see the ranch if you flew overhead or went up to the peak of the mountain. And yes, that is correct. Which is why I try to explore as much as I can about the region, even going into uncivilized parts of the region to find something unique."

She felt like she was talking too much about her situation and her home and her everything else, but she felt so relaxed. Being closed up with her papers and research really made her pent up about people around her. The fact that she could so comfortably talk to this young man about herself without so much as wanting to be defensive really made her reflect about what she was doing to herself mentally. Maybe she was having recent issues with her mentality due to not socializing. She didn't want to admit this, but everything that she had learned about psychology was very much true - humans are social creatures and taking that social life away can really mentally harm those people. Studies have tested this out, but she didn't think it would affect her because she didn't care all that much about humans in comparison to Pokemon. Maybe she should come out of her lab more often and make friends with those around her, like she just did. In fact, she felt a budding friendship and possible rivalry between her and Jaden, and she didn't realize how easy it was to make friends.

Chuckling to herself, she took herself away from her reverie to take a look at the battle before her. The Weavile was defeated, only for a Froslass to come out against the already weakened Luxray. She chuckled as she remembered who she brought with her. Her Froslass was completely different strategy-wise to the Froslass down on the field right now. Stretching, she leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms as she got comfy. Yea, the battle was intense, but she could feel that it could get even more intense.

Laughing excitedly, Jaden gave Chu more pats once they settled down again to eat the food he had offered. A smile of satisfaction worked its way on his face, seeing how much the energetic mouse seemed to enjoy it. He wasn’t sure what food they would have liked, but from the smell of pancakes that emanated from its cheeks, he figured giving them something sweet was the safest bet.

“Well, a lot of the Pokemon up there are really strong after all. It seems like they wanna make sure at least Trainers that have proved themselves, are the ones who can climb the mountain. I’m sure you’ve heard a thing or two about what it’s like. All the harsh weather, combined with some of the strongest wild Pokemon around, I almost thought a few times I might not make it back. It’s tough up there, but when you learn how to survive all of that, it feels really satisfying”

Paying close attention to how Shade spoke of her home, and her facial expressions, it was clear her home held a lot of good memories. Jaden could understand that, as even though his home also had some painful memories, he wouldn’t want to trade them for anything. They were all special in their own right.

“Maybe I’ll have to go back to Kanto so I can see it for myself, if you’re ok with that” he replied, leaning back comfortably in his own seat to watch more of the battle as well. Things were getting even more intense down there, with Acacia’s opponent already on another Pokemon now. I bet he’s got more up his sleeves, but...As Jaden’s gaze shifted towards where Acacia stood, he got the feeling he had yet to reveal his full battling potential.

“Oh…” Realizing he hadn’t spoken to the other person Shade had grabbed seats with this whole time, he felt a little embarrassed at his lack of manners. “Sorry, I got a bit carried away there. What’s your name?” Jaden asked the other competitor, stretching his hand out for a shake.

Raza had been more invested in the fight than this new trainer, watching it intensely and grinning happily. There was nothing like a good fight that got her blood boiling. But the sweet aroma of the treat Jaden had handed Chu had definetly caught her attention, and she watched enviously as Chu consumed the sweet treat. Sweets always had been a weakness of Raza's...

"Hey, no, it's fine!" Shiori said with a bit of a laugh. He took Jaden's outstretched hand and gave it a firm, strong shake. "My name's Shiori! It's good to meet you. I'm from Kanto as well. This is Raza. We're going to be competing in the tournament as well."
Looking through his sunglasses, the actor tried to size up the trainer. His clothes were in pretty poor condition, yet he held himself pretty well. And judging from the way he held himself, and the very fine Pokemon food her offered Chu, Shiori figured that Jaden wasn't all that bad.

OOC sorry forgot to hit send on this yesterday

BIC
Hyoga knew there was little that could be done to stop Topaz’s attack so instead focused upon reducing the damage Wisper would be taking.
“Hail then Aurora Veil!” This time when the chunk of ice exploded high in the air the sun seemed to darken immediately as thick black snow clouds rolled in and begun to pepper the field with hail. Once this was done Wisper let out a subtle cry and became covered in a protective aurora which covered her entire body just as Topaz’s attack collided with her. The force of the impact threw her back across the field likely due to her minuscule weight. Though she rose from the attack still able to fight but visibly hurt by the powerful combo

Returning the strong and firm grip with his own, Jaden nodded and smiled as Shiori introduced himself. It was still bugging him how he felt he’d seen him from something, but just couldn’t remember where. Still unable to come to a conclusion, he swallowed his pride and just decided to ask.

“It’s good to meet you too. Though...I feel like I should know who you are. Are you a performer?”

Man, I really need to get in touch more with what’s trending...Well, I bet at least he’ll be able to fill me in on some things that’ve changed in the past few years.

Glancing at the punk girl next to him he had called Raza, Jaden was lost for a minute. Had he heard that right that they were both going to be competing in the tournament? I’m so confused...are they working together, are they separate entrants?...Already having too much to think about with how he knew Shiori from somewhere, he decided to interpret that phrase later on.

“At the very least, you seem like someone who’s pretty busy. What made you decide to compete?” While he was just going off a hunch, the young man couldn’t help but feel an air from Shiori of someone with a constant workload, much like Shade. If he was usually busy, it made him wonder what about the tournament had caught his eye.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
As she continued to watch the battle below, Talia's signature look of calculation and observation was on her face. Her eyes flicked back and forth as she watched the battle rage on below.
Every once in a while, she'd hear her name whispered in an excited conversation between observers. She kept her head down, hoping no one would notice where she was. She'd selected a rather modest outfit specifically for this purpose.
A couple of seats down, some of the other competitors were talking. She contemplated whether she should go make social interaction, unsure of what to do.

Acacia returned Topaz, “Great job! Way to gain us the advantage! Get a good rest.” He whispered into the Luxury Ball. “Alright Alfyn you’re up!” He tossed a friend ball and out came the quirky little Whimsicott. “Encore!” The Whimsicott clapped its hands as magic seemed to spark out of them, Frosslass would be stuck only able to use Aurora Veil for quite a bit of time. “Now Toxic leaf!” Whimsicott coated his leaves in poison as he launched a barrage of them towards his opponent.

Once the rainbow Aurora around Wisper had faded she tried to immediately create another, failing of course. When the poisoned leaves came flying toward her she slipped behind a stone and dodged them entirely aided by her snow cloak ability, as the odd sharpened leaf embedded itself in the stone.
“Avalanche!” Yelled Hyoga as Wisper unleashed a huge wave of snow toward the exposed Whimsicott hoping to surprise Acacia and Alfyn alike. Wisper having only pretended to be effected by the Encore in order to power-up her Avalanche attack.
“Wisper here is a ghost type my dear Acacia, so your normal type moves won’t work on her!”

Shade smiled as Jaden was enjoying Chu's company and Chu was very much enjoying her sweet little treat. As Chu looked over from her snacking, she noticed Raza eyeing her piece. Smiling, she used her psychic powers to take one more little sweet morsel from Jaden's container of sweet Pokemon food (hopefully without Jaden noticing), and used her psychic powers to float the sweet little morsel from the container. Her eyes were glowing a teal green as the morsel of food was enveloped in the matching color of Chu's psychic energy. It traveled above everyone's heads and floated right in front of Raza's face.

As Jaden talked about the powerful Pokemon on Mt. Silver, she nodded in response. When she was up there for about a day or two, it was always cold, always dangerous. She couldn't sleep well. She was only there to sight see and explore the mountainside, as she had already gotten Pokemon from other areas before heading over to Mt. Silver, but it was like all those other Pokemon were a different kind of breed. They were all so aggressive. If it weren't for her quick thinking to collapse a bit of the tunnels, she probably wouldn't have been able to get out of there. She was certain the wild Onix would have cleared out the tunnels anyway before anybody else went inside, so she wasn't too upset about destroying a bit of the mountain to ensure her safety.

"I was up there for only a day or two. It was brutal, to say the least. Of course, I got out safe and sound, so that was good," she smiled, but it was more of a half-assed smile as she knew she could have very much lost her life out there.

As Jaden was talking about wanting to see her home, her smile became more genuine and just about hopped off of her seat in excitement. Her parents would question their friendship, but she can handle a bit of embarrassment just to show him around. She nodded excitedly, like a small child, before her attention was ripped from their conversation towards the battle happening below. A Whimsicott against a Froslass? This was one of the more stranger things happening. Then again, she knew the power of a Whimsicott, so she was not too surprised that it could go toe to toe with a Froslass... It was just dangerous.

Hearing Jaden wanting to talk to Shiori, she leaned back more in her seat to allow the two room to shake hands and talk. Chu did the same, bending down a bit to allow Jaden room to bend as she still enjoyed her treat. She watched them as they talked, with her looking over with a "really?" kind of look towards Shiori as she could see him sizing him up. It was... A little obvious, especially to her.

Looking at where Jaden's gaze landed on, she looked over to Raza, and chuckled. Okay, she chuckled a little too much. She knew he had no idea who Raza was and it was eating her up to tell him, but it was Shiori's part of a battle plan to keep that a secret. The giggles got so intense as she was trying to hold them all back in her throat that she erupted in uproarious laughter. She threw her head back and rested her hand on her forehead as she couldn't keep it in. As she was trying to calm herself, her laughter became more quiet but also more high-pitched as she sounded almost like another kind of mouse or shrew Pokemon. She didn't know what set her off so much, but she guessed it was Jaden's face when he looked at Raza with a puzzled look.

She finally calmed herself, but she still wore that crazy grin that told other people she was going to burst into fits of giggles if something else sets her off.

Did that guy just call me “ my dear Acacia”!? I’m about to destroy him. Acacia was a little embarrassed he had forgotten something so fundamental but now he was more determined than ever to destroy this guy. “Hurricane!” Alfyn whipped up a strong gust of wind around himself that blew away the incoming avalanche. “Now Moonblast!” A pink light formed inbetween the hands of the Whimsicott and it shot a pink beam of light directly towards the opponent.

Raza watched as Chu levitated another piece of food over everyone and right in front of her face. The disguise Zoroark stared at the food, using all her self control to not instantly go beast mode and consume the food in a more animal-like fashion. Hearing Shade's laughter, Raza thought that the lady was laughing at her. Blushing slightly, the disguised Zoroark snatched the snack and slipped it into one of her pockets then glared at Shade.
"W-a-t-c-h i-t." Raza growled at Shade.

Shiori kinda just smiled when Jaden asked if he knew him. While he did enjoy it at times when people recognized him as an actor, usually that ended up with people treating him different, or special. People treating him like a normal person was a bit of a rarity nowadays, so he decided to keep quiet about it. Plus, the guy would probably figure it out when he saw Shiori battle anyways.
"Well, I've always liked battling in tournaments ever since I started battling Pokemon. Plus, I've been training a lot lately, so I figured here was a good enough place as any to show the fruits of it. I'm glad I was even able to make it into this tournament, to be honest. The qualifications were pretty high, and in my experience, there's always a bigger fish. But it looks like we're getting towards the top of the class, eh?" Shiori said. to Jaden. "So what about you? What made you decide to compete?"

Unaware of Chu’s sneaky psychic trick to float Raza some of the Pokemon food, the young man’s attention was fixated on Shade who had become a laughing mess. She calmed down after a minute, but seemed ready to burst into another fit of giggles at any moment. Once again, he was just as confused, feeling there was some joke going on that he was missing. The heck is going on here?...Hearing Raza growl at Shade, there was definitely something off about her, but he decided to wait and see what Shiori had meant.

Returning back to his conversation to listen, it made sense the way Shiori put it. Many people were competing here, simply because it was a tournament for some of the world’s best Trainers. It didn’t really require much more of a reason than to simply want to test one’sself here. Sending his own question right back at him, Jaden’s happy demeanor soured for a moment. His gaze shifted back to the battle, pretending to pay attention to it, despite his eyes visibly showing his mind was somewhere else.

“I guess you could say I’m here, because of a promise I made. Whether I win or lose here doesn’t really matter…” Pausing for a moment, he had noticed his voice go a bit softer when he reached that topic. He continued speaking a few seconds later, once he knew he could talk at a normal volume.

“I’m just looking to do the best I can, and make some good memories”

Mustering up a smile, he withdrew a camera from his duffel bag. Much like his clothes, the camera had seen better days, being an extremely out of date model. Even so, it still worked and served its function well enough. Although he looked back to Shiori, he addressed his question to Shade, Raza, and even Chu as well.

“Before the tournament ends, would you guys mind if I got a picture of everyone? It’s been good talking with you so far, and no matter how the battles go down, I’d like to save this moment”

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Deciding against keeping a low profile, she moved towards the group of competitors talking. She desperately hoped no one would recognize her. A bit awkward, she sat down next to the group.
"H-hi. I'm Talia. I'm guessing you guys are competing as well?" she asked quietly. She opted not to use her stage name to introduce herself. She was much more confident on the battlefield, but preferred not to be noticed up close.

“Counter it with Ice Beam”
Wisper didn’t even hesitate unleashing a frozen Beam toward Alfyn while gliding effortlessly over the frozen battlefield while hail fall around them
“Now Safeguard!” Yelled Hyoga knowing that Alfyn had access to Toxic, without ceasing her assault on Alfyn Wisper crosses her arms and coated herself in a cyan protective aura

Distracted from his thoughts, Jaden shifted in his seat to greet the voice who had introduced themselves. It was a girl, who although they stood fairly tall, gave off a youthful vibe of being younger than himself and the rest of the group. She’s probably closer to Acacia’s age. None of it really mattered though, it was just a small observation the young man made. Each participant had earned their place here, so they were all going to prove to be tough competition. Offering a warm smile, Jaden welcomed Talia to the growing group sitting in the stands.

“Nice to meet you Talia, and yeah, of course!” Jaden replied excitedly, his energy returning now that he was back to talking about something else.

“I can’t wait to hop down in the ring and get to battling. There’s nothing like battling the toughest Trainers around!” Grinning at Shade, he shot her a thumbs up, already in the back of his head thinking about how their battle would go.

“That’s why you’re here too right? To compete like the rest of us?”

Much like Shiori, Jaden felt like he should know Talia from somewhere. Even still, he couldn’t quite piece together where and why. Now he was definitely considering spending less time out in the mountains, so he wouldn’t be so confused at events like this.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
At the word "compete", a flash of white light formed at Talia's side. Instantly, Melody popped out of her Pokeball.
"Tarrrrii!" the Altaria chirped affirmatively.
Talia chuckled. "If Melody doesn't make that evident... yeah, I am."
She gave a sideways glance to the Humming Pokemon, her eyes quickly scanning Melody. She relaxed a bit, seeing that their secret was not visible.