• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Weathered Paths Discussion

I am glad to see the quick growth of Weathered Paths! This thread is for the use of any members of the roleplay or anyone with any questions about it. Using this thread, I can make improvements to the roleplay overall. All admin-created thread rules apply here, and there's a couple here I must place myself due to me being picky about some things.
1. Starting in December of 2018, I would prefer that everyone starts using... proper punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. I know, it's hard on the internet, but it gets people into a better habit of doing these things.
2. Also starting in December, Weathered Paths will become an Ask to Join roleplay, and once we have about 20+ members, possibly Private to prevent mass crowding while keeping enough room for 5 exploration teams.
3. Even I'm still learning, so this isn't much of a rule as it is a request. I want you guys to help me with some stuff involving Super Mystery Dungeon, as even though we're in Lively Town, I haven't played SMD yet, so helping me understand some things so I don't have to use Serebii or Bulbapedia constantly would be nice.
4. You may have more than one character, but you are limited to three. If more than one of your characters is in the same place, please specify with great detail, like making sure you mention their name at least once when performing an action.
...And that's it. Keep trekking, fellow Pokemon!

Last edited:
While I'm at it here after carefully reading the first post...

Notable differences in SMD (vs others for mainly dungeons, condensed ver.):
*Excludes Mega Evolution due to a certain thread, and also because of the subject in PMD being a bit touchy.
  • Alliance: A swift, coordinated, simultaneous attack that the leader of a team can unleash upon a single target. (Note: All moves executed in an alliance nullify ineffective type damage; e.g. Fire type moves would deal 1x damage to Water type moves instead of .5x.)
  • Connection Orb: The bulletin board is replaced by the connection orb for jobs, quests, etc. Pokémon become connected to the orb by doing their favors, or chatting with them, which allows them to join the team if available. (Instead of defeating a Pokémon in a dungeon.)
  • Looplets: A bracelet that allows for emeras to be attached. Each looplet has a different amount of emeras that can be stored and most contain different effects independent from emeras.
  • Emeras: Small gemstones that can be attached to looplets to grant the wearer positive effects, or used on the spot to slightly increase stats for the entirety of the dungeon's trip. Beware that unattended emeras may break!

I must give many thanks to @OtisRolePlays , @Lightning-emolga , and @xXMauriCoolXx for helping revive this roleplay with a bit of... action. It is VERY much appreciated. That being said, another announcement. Rules 1 and 2 will now go into effect, and any and all proper punctuation, grammar, spelling, and capitalization is going to be expected. Not required, but expected. Also, the roleplay is now becoming Ask to Join. This is to prepare for any possible crowding issues. Another new note which will now become rule 4, thanks to something I took notice of earlier: you MAY have more than one character, but you are limited to 3. In example, @OtisRolePlays has two characters, so they have one more open spot. This will allow for more diverse interactions, but if two or more of your characters are in one place, please specify with GREAT detail who is talking usually like this: Curly: "Ouchies..." With that, that is everything I wanted to say. I will now do everything required of me.

Everyone, I am OVERJOYED to announce that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Weathered Paths has almost reached the TOP 500 VIEWED PRP PAGES!!! This makes me SO happy, and I thank ALL of you for helping support this RP so much, it makes me feel special when you do this, knowing that something I've made is very successful. Seriously, thank you ALL.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Yay! This makes my day much better, knowing that we this RP has become one of the most viewed RPs. I’m just so happy! How do you think we should celebrate?

I believe the thread is open, so people are allowed to sign up until the thread becomes closed or ask to join.

*a Nicaong could be seen trying to figure out how to wrap a present without getting his fingers stuck between the tape*

Is this still open? I just wanted to know, I find this sort of interesting.
I kinda thought that the 'open' tag was a outdated thing. Wanted to clarify. Is this one of those sign and roleplay things, or...?

Edit: Nevermind. Went through this things comments and my questions were answered before I asked XD