• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World: Shadows of the Past

Venen growled. "Whatever..." She was angry, but she was indeed planning on getting rid of Kestrel and simulate that it was an accident. This all started due to Kestrel, and it would end with him out of that world. "Alright, you feathered weightlift... I'll give you 30 minutes. If you don't come her with the Orb, we'll enter there and take it by force."

Kestrel nodded and immediately went to the museum. The village was peaceful. It would be a pity that Venen attacked there. When he reached the museum, he noticed that it was well-secured. Some Pokemon loved the human stuff, so it was not surprising that the old museum turned into a permanent exhibition of the old human stuff and other things that were there. But, he had a problem. The entrance to the museum was not free. A big panel showed:
Due to the hard work of conservation, the museum staff has officially announced that a small fee of 5 Pokkens will be required to enter into the museum.
Kestrel muttered, but in a matter of seconds, he shouted. Where the hell am I supposed to get 5 Pokkens? I didn't even know that Pokemons had a monetary system!!" All the Pokemons that were near the museum looked at him, and then, ignored them, thinking that it was crazy. They didn't matter at all, but of course, they wouldn't hire him for a small work either; and of course, due to the extreme vigilance of the museum, he couldn't enter there easily.

Anubis waited for Kestrel. He said" I wonder if he is going to be able to pull it off." Mike wondered if any of the Pokemon knew about the secret entrance to the place you battle the gym leader. He was hoping to make himself look good in front of Venen by opening the entrance. However that would mean that Kestrel would have to fail for him to do it. He waited patiently for the time to run out.

Ben saw a Rufflet stuck at the gate. "Hey." Ben said to Kestrel. "Confused about the Money System, I am too. I mean, it seems like mostly Anarchy. I got in without paying. I can help you! Grab my hand." He said, holding out his hand to Kestrel.

The Rufflet didn't hesitate. Making sure that no other Pokemon was looking at him, and took Ben's hand. "Thanks, though I would like to do it the legal way, I have no more options..."

"Tick, tock, tick, tock..." Said Venen, still waiting in the outskirts of the city. "I don't think that he is gonna make it in time." She was caressing Mike in the meantime, looking to the Town. She was almost sure that he wouldn't come in time. "Get ready anyways... I don't think that the pacifist option is the best here..."

"Watch this!" Ben said. "Ghost stuff!" They turned invisible. "I always wondered why ghosts are hard to find, now I know." Ben said. "Anyways, what do you want? I like this place, I have been here about twenty times already. I mean, this is a first of all the Pokemon around." Ben flew up. "Over there are the Ancient Pokemon bones, and over there are some paintings. The travailing exhibit was Ancient Sinnoh. I mean, I assume, sine it was here the last time I visited, before anarchy of Pokemon and stuff." Ben was being distracted by the bones of humans. It was poorly made. "Oh wow. I guess they built an exhibit for humans. If there were still humans alive, they would be sad this is how they are remembered. I mean, I was a human, and now a Pokemon Ghost thing. I don't know anymore." Ben sighed.

"Wait, wait, wait..." Kestrel said, enough loud for Ben to hear him, but always respecting the silence of the museum. "You did this? Before the Pokemon anarchy? That means..." He approached Ben. "Are you a human? Or...Were? So do I! It's kinda strange to explain, but... Yeah, I became a Rufflet not so long ago." But then, Kestrel remembered his mission. "Oh, please... I need your help. Look, I don't have much time to explain, but a lot of the Pokemon that lives here are in danger. Have you seen... the Adamant Orb? I need to get it."

In a near room, the exhibition of the Antiques of Sinnoh, showing some pictures of the Legendary Pokemons of that region and other valuable and ancient stuff, showed an Adamant Orb too. "An" Adamant Orb, because it was a replica. When the humans feared the war, they decided to exchange it. It was safer to replace it with a replica and save the real one in a vault, in the storage. This way, people would still coming to the exhibition, but still, keeping it safe due to the continuous instability that human society (thefts, scams and all other kinds of trickery) that had in those days. A lot of other Pokemon had tried to steal it, not knowing that it was false.

"Uh, yeah." Ben said. "I became a Pokemon from a Lab Explosion. I am not sure if I died, or just went into the future and became a Pokemon." Ben pointed at the Sinnoh Exhibit. "I think its in there. I believe its in there, I heard talk of it being a fake, so be careful." Ben then flew into the exhibit. "Yep its here." Ben said.

"If it's fake... Nevermind. At least it's something. Maybe I can trick her." The guards were inspecting each Pokemon, making sure that no one was touching nothing or taking something that was not their property. "I guess this is going to be difficult." Kestrel inspected the room, and, almost unnoticed, there was one of those hologram projectors. "Look at that Do you think you can make it work? It seems that it is not secured, so most of the guardians won't take notice of it. Anyways..." Kestrel took a small metal piece and give it to Ben. "Say that you are from... Maintenance. While they are distracted, I'll take it."

"Alright then." Ben whispered to Kestrel. He walked up next to the Guards. "Hello there." Ben said to the guards. "I am new here, can you please show me where the Bathrooms are? Then, can you show me where my position is?"

Kestrel looked at Ben. He was entertaining the guards. Making sure that there were no other Pokemon that was around, or, that at least, they were distracted with other of the pieces of the exhibition, he took the Adamant Orb and hid it thanks to his bandana. He went out of the museum. He was attracting too much attention, but at least, he did the best for staying calm... Or crazy, that it seemed like it was one of the best things he was good at. "Have you never seen a Rufflet going out and taking his egg out for a walk?" He managed to go out of the museum and the city, expecting to see Ben again. He was sad that he had to go away without saying thanks to him.

When Kestrel reached the rest, Venen was about to go to the city. "Wait, wait! Look! Is it enough for you?" Venen took it. It was strange. Kestrel couldn't tell the difference, but it didn't seem to be right for Venen. If she was a Dragon, then, she expected to feel time itself, or at least feel more powerful, but nothing. She suspected of the Rufflet, that was looking exhausted and nervous. Venen took the communicator. "It seems that your little friend has done great this time... We are going back." She released the button, but he continued talking to herself. "Still... I'm blood thirsty..." She took the communicator and the false Adamant Orb and kept them in her handbag.

Mark picked up the transmitter. "Good." Mark said. He turned it off. And prepared the Time Machine.

Ben flew out of the Museum. He saw Kestrel, and a few other Pokemon. Ben flew down to them. "Oh hello!" Ben said to the group. "Do you know where the Ancient Echoes are? I want to talk to them." Ben waited patiently for an answer.

"Of course, darling." Venen sad. "They are rig..." But suddenly, Kestrel interrupted her. "Don't ask for that type of things, good sir. Let me help accompany you to the town." Then, he turned to Venen. "I'll catch you up later!" Venen was angry, but she decided to do as Kestrel said. Luckily, when she returned, maybe he would get lost in the forest and forget about them."

Kestrel led the way again to the city. In the meantime, he whispered to Ben. "Liste, maybe I could have been more... Specific. Yes, I am a member of the Ancient Echoes, or at least, I think so, yet still, I don't agree with their... Politics. If I am doing this is because they are preparing some type of Time Machine, and... Well, I suppose that, though living as a Pokemon would be pretty cool, I... I miss my old life. At least I was normal, not a crazy Rufflet like most think right now."

Last edited:
"Oh." Ben said. "I can beat them up for you, and then we can get into the Time Machine, and get the heck out of here. I mean, I can do ghost stuff, and Pheromones don't work on me, I think." Ben tried summoning a Shadow Ball. It worked, but it was small. "I can do that I guess."

"I don't want to be pessimistic, but... The Time Machine is in the middle of the headquarters, and maybe we can defeat some of them, but they have a whole army. If we do that, it will be our end. And well... I don't know if the pheromones will have any use with you.. I may think that it is possible, but the commandant is pretty angry because they had not tortured, or killed, or hurt any Pokemon lately. She is going to be a problem. She can erupt at any moment..." Kestrel tried to explain. "If we are going to do something, we'll need to plan it very well, and praise God... Though I should say Arceus now... For everything to go right."

Mike asked" Are you ok master? You seem very upset. Is there anything I can do for you?" He started to massage Venen's back with some of his tails. He said" You have no idea how much pleasure I get from serving you because of your pheromones. It is the greatest sensation I have ever felt. I live for that feeling. Please don't let anyone steal me from you. I'm addicted to being your slave, and I don't want to quit ever." Anubis knew Kestrel was probably a better family then Venen. However he was too loyal to Venen to leave her willingly. Additionally he felt like she understood the pain he and Illusive went through. He wanted a parent that understood the kind of pain he had gone through, and Venen was almost perfect in that regard. He wanted to kill the ones that hurt him. He didn't think Kestrel would allow him to do that.

Ben had a frown on his face. "I am a ghost." Ben said. "I can turn invisible and pass through walls. If you hold my hand, you can do that too. But I have a plan. Distract the army, I take out the Salazzle, and then you walk away, I grab you, and then we fly to the Time Machine. No killing involved, and is very sneaky. Then again, the middle should be guarded, whatever." Ben sighed. He toke out a notebook he got from the Museum. He wrote down some plans.

"Not at all. It's simply that I can't have fun. Nobody wants to hurt anyone, it seems. Boring..." Venen said as she enjoyed her massage. "And that useless bird looks like if he wants to take my job as commander... I don't feel happy with him around here. And if I got fired due to his fault, and I can't enjoy my little good moments, then, I got very, very irritated, frustrated and angry. Anyways, Marcus knows what is good for him and I don't think that he wants most of his faithful troops to go away with me..." At that point, they were arriving at the base again.

Kestrel approached. "Ok, tell me then..." He said, waiting to know what he should do.

"Alright." Ben said. "I will turn invisible, and transport you to the Salazzle. Say you beat me in a fight. Make a speech about the victory, while I sneak in. Then we make a mad dash to the Time Machine." Ben nodded. "I think it can work."

Anubis said" Well I guess they weren't a friend at all. They left me. They don't want to help us. Next time I see that bird I'm going to be very angry. Mike said" Want me to carry you around to find a victim. I'm fine with causing someone to get hurt. I just don't want to be the one to do it." Illusive said" The bird left us. They don't care about us. They are probably plotting to hurt me and the ones I care about."

"I suppose that it makes sense, right? I think I can do that, but I'm not sure that I can distract hr for too much. If I'm lucky, she'll tell me that my battle was false, then she'll accuse me again of being a mad Pokemon that wants to take her place and she'll try to attack me again. I should be going by now to the seers of Castelia City before they miss me. Maybe we can meet at the docks? At midnight? It should be enough to arrive there and rest a little." Kestrel said, happy to see that he can manage to do it with Ben's help.

"Life is cruel, you know... It's only funny when you are the one in power." Venen said. "But, don't worry... I'm having other plans right now. And I'll have my revenge on someone tomorrow." She stood, leaving Mike, Anubis and the rest of the army in the Main Hall. She approached Mark's room with the replica of the Adamant Orb, knocking the world. "We have arrived. This is the little gift your feathered friend gave you before he decided apparently to leave us all behind."

Ben nodded. "Sounds like a plan!" He said. Ben then started to fly away, to look for something to do while he waited.

Mark opened the door. "Well, I am not pleased that you just let him go. But at least you got the orb." Mark grabbed the orb, and placed it into the Machine. It didn't work. "Its a fake. Go back tomorrow. Good night." Mark shut the door.

"Sorry boss, this will not happen more. But that is what happens when you trust on Pokemon you don't know at all. I told you that I didn't like mad Pokemon!" Venen went again into the main hall. "Anubis, please, come into my room." She said. She was smiling widely now that he had what she wanted... "Tomorrow we'll go again to Nacrene Town. We had several difficulties. I want to infiltrate into the museum, with Mike, Illusive and Mike too. I'll need a costume... With one of an Alolan Salazzle will be enough for me. And prepare something for Mike too. We'll attack once when we are in."

Kestrel reached the base too late. There was almost none at all. He was planning eating something and went to the Docks. Rumors had spread, and, though he was in, he was clearly unwelcomed there. "Sorry for being late... I just had some problems with that Haunter, but at least I defeated him." The few minions that were still asleep looked at him angrily. "Eh... Grumpy..."

Anubis said" Do you want to blend in or be something that everyone is absolutely terrified of. If you want to terrify them I could turn you and Mike together into Giratina. Mike could telekinetically control most of the costume while you let loose powerful dragon attacks from the mouth. Or we could be stealthy. Illusive heard Kestrel and ran towards him. He jumped on top of him pinning him down. He glared at Kestrel. He said" You would have been here by now if you didn't betray us. I thought you cared about me and Anubis. Apparently not."

Last edited:
"Of course not... I prefer something more normal. I mean... We are going to infiltrate the museum. The objective is to remain unnoticed as long as we can and try to get the real Adamant Orb. We need a costume that hides our identities." Venen said while he looked to a mirror. "I mean... In my case, I guess that the costume of an Alolan Salazzle will be enough. The others... I suppose you can ask the others."

Kestrel didn't know what he did. "Be...Betray?!" Kestrel was horrified. How could they know it so soon? He didn't even have the opportunity to do anything. "Look, I promise that I haven't done that. I just had to get rid of other Pokemon, that's all. And if I am here late, is just because I got lost!"

Anubis said" Ok mommy. I just figured since you liked hurting Pokemon that would be fun for you. He then began to work on the Alolan Salazzle costume. Mike said" Considering I'm a freak and neither a normal or Alolan Ninetales a normal ninetales costume will work for me." Anubis said" I will start on your costume as soon as I'm done with mommy's." Illusive said" It doesn't help your case that you brought a fake orb. You are going to do something to hurt my family. I won't let you do that."

"Oh dear, your idea is magnificent too, but I think that the museum staff knows what's going on, and we can't pretend to enter there now making a great show. There will be a lot of guards, especially after the disappearance of that fake orb. And that doesn't mean that we can't hurt them, but we'll have to do it silently." Venen said. "We are going to inspect all that museum until we find them."

"I don't want to hurt you or your family! I didn't know that it was fake, I promise!" Kestrel shouted. "It was the one that was in the exhibition, it had to be real! If I wanted to betray you, then why would I come here again? And tell me why would I want the Adamant Orb if I have no idea what I should do with it?"

Anubis asked" Do you want me to make the Giratina costume after this so you can terrorize cities with just you and Mike. "Mike said" I would help you be a deadly terrifying Giratina if it would make you happy master." Illusive said" I don't trust you. You probably gave a away our location. Now a bunch of Pokemon are going to come and attack us, I could lose brother because of you. Hey Venen the crazy Pokemon has arrived!" Anubis said" Sounds like someone you hate has arrived mommy."

Kestrel shouted in panic. "No, please!"
"We'll talk later about that costume. I have something funnier now." Venen exclaimed as she went to the main room. "Thanks, Anubis." She said and took the Rufflet by his throat. "Well, well, look who we have here... It's the theft number one... You have covered yourself with glory, you know? The little Rufflet tried to speak, but Venen was clenching his neck so strongly that he couldn't say anything. He was breathing with a lot of difficulties. "Boss!" She said as she carried him to Mark's room. "We got the Rufflet that saved the day!"

Illusive waited to see what would happen. He hoped that Kestrel would get hurt. Anubis continued to work on the costume. Mike waited patiently for Venen to return. Anubis said" Well he is in big trouble. If he gave away our location I want him to be hurt. I don't know if he did though." Illusive ran to Anubis and hugged him. He said" Brother I'm worried. If he gave away our location one of the enemies could kill you. I don't want to lose you. Anubis said" Don't worry I'm here to stay."

Ben was just waiting in the docks for midnight. "Whelp this is boring." Ben sighed, floating there.

Mark opened the door, and grabbed Kestrel. He shut the door, and put Kestrel in a chair. "Look." Mark said calmly. "I don't care if we get the thing on the first day. I don't care if your late either. Tomorrow, I have a feeling that Venen will explode and kill you if you go. Just say I hit you or something, and I am letting her do whatever to the Museum. You can go now." Mark opened the door. He then walked over to the corner, to continue making something.

Kestrel nodded his head. He was quite scared after what Venen did to him that he was fearful to say anything. Then, he went out of the room. Venen hissed at him. "Don't worry, Mark has made sure that I learned the lesson. Now, if you don't mind, I want to be alone." Kestrel said as he went out of the base again, running and almost crying. He wanted to act as realistic as possible.

"Poor little birdie..." Venen said as the Rufflet was running through the hallway. Then, she started to go to her bedroom. "Leave him alone! He is not able to defend himself. Maybe his nocturnal walk can make us a favor..." She sat on her bed once she reached her bedroom "If someone comes here, I am sure that he or she'll regret it. After all, you got me here. "Anyways, how are the costumes going? Tomorrow we'll go again to the museum, just the four of us and... Some of my best Salandits, but just in case things turn to be worse than I expect."

Ben saw Kestrel running off. "Calm down." Ben said floating to him. "What happened? Will you be OK?" Ben got a Box of Tissues from the city, and brought them to Kestrel.

"Don't worry... I'm OK." Kestrel said, sadly, taking the tissues. "I don't know if I'll be Ok or not, but things are getting surely bad for me. The boss seems to be more compressive with me, but since I've come back later and all of that... Some of the other minions are having suspicions of me. And we better not talk about the Salazzle." Kestrel approached to the Docks and sat at the edge of it. "Oh, and the orb... Was false. So, I am not only a traitor there, I am also a swindler."

Anubis said" I just finished yours mommy. I'm going to start Mike's now." He handed Venen the finished costume. He then started on Mike's costume. Mike asked" What happened to the birdie?" He began to massage Venen. Illusive said" Maybe he will get himself killed."

"I'd love that." Venen said, evilly, while she received a massage from Mike. "I can't stand him. I'm just glad that Mark put him in his right place, at least this time." She yawned. "Though if he gets killed, I just hope that it's painful. Or better... By myself. It's a pity that Mark doesn't share my idea of him being useless. And I find it quite thrilling that he really believes the Rufflet when he said that he was a human." She then stood up and tried the costume. "It's looking nice. At least, nobody will suspect from me. They should be looking for an Unovan Salazzle, so..." She got the costume off and sat on her bed again.

"Oh." Ben said. He thought a moment. "They do have an underground storage, maybe its there. If its anywhere in this region, it would be in a safe place." Ben then thought for a moment. "I can get it for you. I can pass through stuff, so it wouldn't be THAT hard." Ben toke out his notebook, and added some stuff to the plan.

"That should be so nice of you." Kestrel said, looking to the starry sky, expecting to see something different. Incredibly, the nocturnal sky didn't change too much. Due to the light pollution of the cities, it was very rare to see it, except if you lived in a village. Now that the cities were dark, the night vision was incredible. "I suppose you'll need help." Kestrel continued. "As I said, I'm not very good fighting or... Whatever I do as a Pokemon, but I want to help you."

Venen stood again. "Listen up, because I'm not going to repeat it twice. We will be going by sunrise, in order to get there as soon as possible. Once we are there, we will try to get into. I can help you, but once we are inside, our best option is to divide our group and look for it. If we find it, the signal to get out of the place will be Scavenger, right?"

Ben nodded. "I say we go right now." Ben suggested. "I mean, if they are going to sleep, or think you are going for a walk, going now won't really rouse anyone's suspicions on why you were gone for awhile. It won't be super hard to get there, and get the Orb. If it is there." Ben looked at the Sewers to make sure no one is watching.

"Well... As you say. I'm a bit tired, but I guess that you are right. Let's go now!" Kestrel said, looking decided... Until his stomach rumbled. "Eh... I guess that we should look for some berries first, but I think that we can find some of them around Pinwheel Forest." He stood up, turned and walked quickly until he reached Skyarrow Bridge. "By the way... It's a strange question but... how it feels floating around and... all that ghost stuff."

"Well." Ben explained. "It felt weird at first, but I got used to it. I mean, its mostly what you expect. You can float, if you concentrate you can become Invisible, and or pass through walls. Overall, its pretty cool. Also, do you think there would be a ton of guards this late at night?"