• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup

Junior Cup betting ring! With a keen eye for talent and just 100 poke you could win big! No refunds!

• Claire

• Eleonor

• Esther

• Joyce

• Kenzie

• Reina

• Scott

• Wilford

Results are only viewable after voting.
"A pleasure to meet you, Esther. My name is Shiro, and I hope to give you a good challange" He said with small bow, then beemed at her before turning to look at their pokemons.

Houndour would be a problem, He knows cuz Karma has his Houndoom. Main reason, Type advandage, that thing definitly would be annoying So he needed to play his cards carefully. Without showing all of them instantly.

He wouldnt let them to take initiative, if it works, good demage and if not... Good distraction.
"Glacier! Lets start with a Slash!" His Trainer called out while the small bear pokemon rushed quickly at its opponent.

Esther
Friday, July 15 – Lacunosa Town, Unova Region​

“Riposte!”

Houndour widened her stance as the Cubchoo approached; she made no effort to dodge the slash, and instead angled her body to defend with the bony ribbings along her back. As claws clattered against bone and scythed through fur, the Houndour suddenly lurched forward into a body-check, using «Counter» to deal twice the damage she'd received from «Slash».

Bait was taken, tho it definitly will hurt a lot more since the counter can deal quite a punch after opponent was hit by as strong pokemon as Cubchoo.

"Bide!" Cubchoo prepared itself and then it was hit by a powerfull move, backing away for several steps, he steeled its gaze on his opponent as Bide took demage of a counter.. Not a perfect situation and Shiro felt that its possible that Esther know how Bide works. However, a demage from counter was huge So he still would took advandage from that.

Esther

Bide...? A bold strategy by her opponent, but if he thought she’d fall for it then he was sadly mistaken. Esther was very familiar with the move Bide; after all, both her Jangmo-o and Goomy knew the move. Due to that, she also knew that once bide was used her opponent was locked into the move for a while. This was a large drawback that made bide difficult to use, but it also gave Esther an opportunity—“Halay, back off start plotting!”

While Cubchoo was locked into Bide, Houndour could take distance and freely raise its offensive abilities with Nasty Plot. Once bide had exhausted itself they could use their range and power to finish the match.

It was a weakness true, but not a mistake.

Houndour was getting stronger and taking distance.. But the distance advandage went both ways.
Shiro regretted things, first was using Bide at all, second is that he could use that from the beggining. Now he gonna Focus on whatever will happen now.
Another while ended and then Shiro shouted to Cubchoo. "Fire!"

A powerfull blast went for Houndour, but Shiro made no mistake that it may not end as planned.. But one plan gives birth to other.

Esther

There it was, “Use smog and dodge!”

Bide was a powerful move when it was launched. The beam of energy advanced quickly but Houndour was ready. She had taken sufficient distance while Cubchoo was charging up its attack and knew what Bide looked like when launched. As Cubchoo released its stored energy, Houndour exhaled a large cloud of smog—empowered by nasty plot—to blanket its movements and conceal its evasive maneuvers.

With the smokescreen and preparation, bide was much easier to evade and the lingering smog would also help conceal its next attack.

“Now Halay, Ember!”

From behind the smog, Houndour released a volley of embers towards the general location of Cubchoo.

Here it was...

Now or never...

"Glacier, you have to Endure this!" Cubchoo nodded and lifted its Guard, getting hit by the ember projectiles, however many of those didnt hit the target, So it wasnt as bad as it could be.

"Yawn!"

There it went, Cubchoo made a Loud noise that could be heard in a whole arena.
A Loud "Cuuuuuuuuuup~" that sounded like it was preparing for the hibernation.

Esther

Yawn! Esther was surprised that her opponent’s Cubchoo knew such a move and she knew that soon after it landed Halay would fall asleep; so, they would need to finish Cubchoo off before that happened. “We’re going all out! Close in with Ember!”

Houndour yawned, already drowsy from the move but she rushed forward with a peppering of embers.

Esther

Impossibru! After taking a hit from counter and then two sprays of nasty plot ember, Cubchoo was still standing. Something strange was afoot, and Halay only had moments before the siren-call of sleep took her under. Esther refused to believe that Cubchoo could take all that damage without falling, so he pressed her offense! “Once more, Ember!”

In a final gambit, Houndour peppered Cubchoo with ember once more before she slumped to the ground, fast asleep.

Shiro couldnt use Endure in succession, but a tactic to make it not sound like a move worked. It isnt a well known move, only a few pokemon knows it and even less learn it naturaly So its a given.

He however knew using it in succession would fail him and taking this ember may bring him to the edge if wont finish.. Should he Bide it? He didnt want to take a risk with the sleep that Houndour was about to get. So he decided to repel as much of the ember as possible.

"Glacier! Use Brine!"

Cubchoo then shot a sort of beam of water at Litten and his ember direction, in order to protect itself from the incoming attack.

Granbull grimaced as he was once again hit by the telekinetic attack. This wasn't good. If he was hit just a couple more times, Kenzie would be out of the tournament. All they have really accomplished was a measly Lick.

"Come on! Bite! I know you can do it!" Kenzie cheered on her pokemon as the fairy type charged in for another attack. They just had to keep trying, right?

Esther

Of course, there was nothing that Esther could do while Houndour was asleep; begrudgingly she bit her lip and kept a watchful eye on her opponent. She wouldn’t allow her pokémon to sustain additional damage for no reason, but she also wasn’t sure how the opposing Cubchoo hadn’t fainted from the onslaught. Perhaps it was on its last legs? Only time would tell.

Cubchoo got a turn or at least two, but Brine worked more effectivly if opponent was weakened So Shiro had to use a secret Weapon. Move that Karma tought him and Cubchoo. It would weaken them, but certainly Brine may get stronger this way and he Hopefully wont need more moves to win.

"Glacier! Use Superpower!" An energy skyrocked in form of an Aura and Cubchoo performed a powerfull attack, punching and kicking On the sleeping Houndour.

Esther

There wasn’t even a chance for Halay to retaliate as she was knocked out by the move. Esther was shocked by the turn of events but could do little more than return Houndour to her pokéball. The little snot-bear was more than it seemed, tanking all those boosted embers and then countering with Yawn and Superpower; it was completely beyond her expectations.

“Looks like I’ve still got a lot to learn...”

July 15th - Lacunosa, Unova. Reina, current rank, ?????.

"Whoa Esther that was great!" Reina finally called out once the battle was over. "You're opponent had some incredible moves but you and your Houndour still performed incredibly."

Reina walked over to her new friend, a thoughtful expression on her face as she approached the Oblivian. "You know, I do plan on getting stronger and I think you do to. Want to team up? I have some friends waiting back in Johto I'm traveling with, I think you will fit right in. Besides, two dragon trainers training side by side could give great results!"

Esther

“Ah...thanks,” Esther squeezed out a lukewarm response to Reina’s praise. It hadn’t been that long since she’s caught Halay, and the aloof Houndour was no-doubt a powerful addition to her team; however, it was rather frustrating that they had lost every battle since. Halay certainly wasn’t weak, so the obvious conclusion was... enough of that.

“Johto...?” Esther hadn’t decided on which region she was sticking to, although her journey had taken her through Galar, Kalos and now Unova, she hadn’t really intended to settle down there. Now that an opportunity arose, one that came bundled with a powerful trainer and friend, Esther figured it was as good a pick as any. Maybe she’d even pick up a few new tricks. “Yea...Johto sounds good, I think I’d like that.”

It was becoming apparent that just rushing from battle to battle wasn’t gonna cut it. Although she learned from each battle and came away better, her pokémon were the ones that suffered from her inexperience. She recalled the Nurse Joy in Motostoke had mentioned something about a trainer school. Maybe it was time she enrolled.

July 15th - Lacunosa, Unova. Reina, current rank, ?????.

"Great! Welcome to the team!"

Reina couldn't help but hug the new member of her traveling group. It was amazing how she managed to gather an entire group during her travel when she had intentionally wanted to go at it alone. However, having more around had help her grow a lot more compared to the year she had decided to travel alone. Was it the power of friendship? Was it her instinct to try and become superior to those around her? Or was it just luck? Either way, Reina was loving it.

"I better head back inside, I'm still pretty nervous about the finals."

Glacier cried in joy as he won and suddenly fell flat at the ground, with Shiro rushing to him.
"You did great Buddy... Cant believe we actually won! And it was Thanks to you" He hugged his small bear. "You truly overdid yourself there.. It definitly hurt a lot too... Thank you" He said and returned his pokemon to pokeball.

He then turned to Esther and Reina.. Honestly, he wished to not travel by himself too.. And he felt that only luck helped him to win now.. If he wants to Discover the mystery of the Sync and of pokemon getting stronger then...

He headed over to Esther (and possibly Reina if she didnt leave yet) looking to the side. "Umm.. It was a great battle.. You and Houndour were truly more than amazing and I am still grateful to Glacier he wanted to give into this battle So much for me to win and for you to not hold back." He started and then continued. "Well, I over heard your conversation and well.. I want to become both one of the strongest Trainers.. But I also want to be a Researcher and learn about the Mega evolution phenomenom and energy surrounding it, as well as connections to it and Battle Bond.." He looked at her, now more determined. "Would you guys take me with you? I think with Such strong trainers I really can learn a lot.. And I wasnt in johto yet.. Well, of course you can deny me joining, and I should also think of getting second badge.. But I really want to come with you guys"

Last edited:
July 15th, Lacunosa Town, Unova
Joyce Blake

To a novice trainer, Joyce and Teller might appear to have the upper hand in this battle considering they've been able to land many more hits than their opponent, but the truth is that it was much closer than it looked. A more experienced battler would easily be able to tell that, due to Abra's frailty, one good hit from the Granbull would all it takes to win the battle. Joyce was fully aware of this fact. "Ok Teller, just hold out a little more." The trainer said, trying to encourage her pokemon.

The opposing Granbull turned back around, charging at the Psi pokemon with it's jaw wide. This could be the final exchange. "Hold your ground Teller!" Commanded the young woman from behind. As instructed, the Psychic type stood his ground as he stared down the rapidly approaching Fairy type. When the Granbull was about four steps away from Teller, Joyce finally reacted, throwing her arm out in front of her. "Now! Teleport directly behind them!" Right on cue, the Abra's eyes glowed as he put two fingers to his forehead, disappearing with a buzzing sound and reappearing right behind the attacking Pokemon.

"Let's finish this! Hit 'em with another Confusion!" Teller's eyes began glowing the familiar glow as he reeled his right arm back, an orb of psychic energy would then surround his hand as he formed it into a fist. Twisting his body in the air, Teller would then throw the psychic powered punch at the opposing pokemon.

Both Kenzie and Granbull were so confident in this move. It was as if this would be a free hit for them, but then the Abra teleported right behind the Fairy dog and unleashed a sudden confusion. Granbull had no time to react before he was struck from behind. The brief confidence that Kenzie had was quickly wiped away as her pokemon collapsed on to the field, unable to move.

The platinum haired girl slumped in defeat and returned her Granbull. Looked like they weren't quite ready to try and take their first steps towards the big leagues yet. Taking a deep breath in and looked at her pokeball in hand. Well, she'll make sure she'll be ready when they try again.

Kenzie snapped to look over at Joyce, "You! Make sure you win or get really far in this tournament!" She yelled out and gave a determined nod before retreating back to the tournament lobby.

Eleonor
July 15 – Lacunoa Town, Unova Region​

The World Junior Cup proved to be all Eleonor had expected and more, her first opponent had proved difficult with his Grassy Surge Thwackey. Leading with Latavis had put her at a heavy disadvantage, but they’d surely given their opponent more trouble than he’d expected. Ultimately, the battle ended with her opponent suddenly withdrawing, ceding to her the victory. She wasn’t the happiest about this type of win, but she was understanding of her opponent’s circumstances. Something must’ve come up for him to withdraw with such haste.

Regardless, Eleonor had her own concerns. Those being her next match against a trainer called Joyce in the semi-finals. With Latavis still injured from the last battle she wouldn’t be able to use her sandstorm strategies; unfortunate, but they weren’t the only tricks she had up her sleeve.

Joyce Blake

It was over, as the Granbull hit the floor, a wide smile appeared on the young trainer's visage. "We did it! We did it! We won!" She shouted out into the hall. Back turned towards his trainer, Teller turned his head around to look at his ecstatic trainer and raised his right arm beside him, giving a stoic thumbs up. "You did amazing Teller, come back and take a break." Pulling out a pokeball, Joyce returned the Abra back, giving him a well deserved break.

As the girl began calming down, she heard her opponent calling out to her. Hearing the heartfelt message, Joyce found herself returning the same energy. "Thank you very much for the great battle! And I will!" She shouted before retreating off the stage, preparing herself for her next match.

After a short intermission, Joyce began making her way back to the stage for her next tournament match. "Hmm, who should I use for round 2? I wonder." These thoughts bounced around in her mind as she once again walked into a battle hall, her opponent already standing at the other podium. Giving a friendly wave towards the opposing trainer, Joyce pulled out a pokeball from her waist. "Hey there, I'll be your opponent for this round."

Eleonor

“Salut! May the better trainer win,” Eleonor greeted her opponent and returned her friendly wave. She had her chosen pokémon in hand and it would pay to take the initiative. “Let’s go Aveta, Toxic Spikes!”

After some deliberation, Eleonor decided to lead with Dea Aveta the Nidoran(F). Although not the most powerful member of her team, the poison type had utility moves that could tilt the battle in her favor. Toxic Spikes was one such move.

As Aveta took the field, she began to bristle, her poisonous spines flying off the field and burying themselves into the ground.

Joyce Blake

Syncing her movements with her opponent, Joyce pulled out her own pokeball and let it threw it out on the battlefield. "Thorn! Let's do this!" With her shout, the Larvitar jumped out of it's capsule and landed on the field with a loud cry. At the same time Thorn took the stage, the opposing trainer also let out her Pokemon, a Nidoran F, who proceeded to cover the battlefield with poisonous spikes. "Oh this isn't good for us, but two can play at that game! Thorn! Use Sandstorm." The young trainer shouted.

Following the orders given, the Larvitar lowered it head and began spinning it in a circular motion. Soon, a ring of sand began forming around the Rock type's horn and rapidly began to expand, covering the field with his own hazard.

Eleonor

Sandstorm, Eleonor could work with that. She’d have to be careful of the chip damage, but her team was very familiar with sandstorms. Since her opponent had set up a sandstorm it would be advantageous for her to play the long, patient game—another layer of toxic spikes would mean her opponent’s next pokémon would suffer from the badly poisoned status, which would wrack up damage far faster than the sandstorm could.

“Aveta, get moving! One more layer of Toxic Spikes!”

Aveta kicked off, beginning to circle the arena’s edges as another round of toxic spikes flew off her body and were buried. The arena took on a toxic, purple hue as the Nidoran circled its opponent, looking for an opening.

Joyce Blake

"Uh oh, now we really need to end this fast." Said the young trainer as she watched the second layer of Toxic Spikes being laid down. If Thorn were to fall, her second pokemon would have to start with a massive hinderance. Clearly, her scare tactics with Sandstorm didn't work out. "Alright Thorn we're going on the offensive! Start us off by using Dragon Dance!" Soon, a red glowing aura surrounded the Larvitar as the pokemon began doing some rhythmical steps, boosting his attack and speed.

Eleonor

Dragon Dance! Eleonor knew better than to let her opponent set up a series of dragon dances, but with the field set with toxic spikes, she felt more than comfortable with switching things up. She quickly returned Aveta the Nidoran and revealed her second pokémon, Fawfar the Aron.

“Now Fawfar, Roar!”

Not only was Fawfar immune to damage from the sandstorm, but Roar would allow her to make immediate use of the toxic spikes by forcing her opponent to switch out. The iron ore pokémon released a roar; a rattling, metallic drum that swept across the battlefield.

Joyce Blake

After Thorn finished his dance, the Rock type turned back towards his opponent. "Alright, let's do this." Exclaimed Joyce. However, before she could call out an attack, the girl witnessed the opposing trainer recall her Nidoran and send out an Aron. "This matchup isn't good, but our boost should still give us an advantage. Alright Thorn use-" Before she could finish, her opponent's Roar came.

Standing there, the Larvitar felt the force of the roar hit him as he was forced back into his pokeball, not being able to do anything to defend himself. Soon after, a flash escaped from Joyce's waist as Sapling the Turtwig took the stage with a shocked expression on his face. "Oh no the Toxic Spikes!" Just as she called them out, the poison from the previously set hazard began seeping into the Grass type, who let out a pained groan as he lowered his stance. "Crap, I did not expect this. Oh man this is bad."

Last edited:

Eleonor

Roar had drawn out a Turtwig, not the best of matchups but not the worst one either. With toxic spikes and the badly poisoned status, they could play the long game as the poison whittled away at their opponent’s health. However, passive play was a sure way to let her opponent think of countermeasures, so it was time to press the assault!

“Now Fawfaw, Rock Tomb!”

Fawfaw struck the ground with its paws, causing chunks of the arena to levitate in the air before being thrown toward Turtwig.

Joyce Blake

Observing the current situation, Joyce grit her teeth. "Well I guess we'll have to work with what we have, Sapling let's end this quickly!" She called out, her Turtwig straightening his postures as he braced the poison. The first one to make a move was her opponent, sending a series of rocks tumbling down towards the Grass type. "Quick dive out of the way!" At his trainer's command, the Tiny Leaf pokemon began moving, leaping and rolling along the ground to dodge the onslaught of falling rocks.

"Seed Bomb!" Regaining his footing after avoiding the prior attack, Sapling opened his mouth and shot out multiple glowing seeds at the opposing Aron.

Eleonor

Fawfaw wasn’t the quickest or nimblest of pokémon, deft dodges weren’t his style and Eleonor knew that. “Protect into Curse!” The seed bomb bombarded Fawfaw’s location but was blocked by an illusory protective shield. Fawfaw immediately, followed up by amassing energy inside its body, increasing its offense and defense at the cost of its speed.

Joyce Blake

Joyce grit her teeth as she witnessed the Aron defend itself from their attack. The longer this fight goes, the worse it'll become for her and Sapling with the eating away at his HP, the sandstorm formed by Thorn earlier is also working against them now. "So they seem to be intent on stalling, but I won't let them do that." The girl mumbled before pointing towards the battlefield. "Don't give up! Hit them with another Seed Bomb!" At that command, the Turtwig raised his head once more and shot another barrage of glowing seeds at the opponent.

Eleonor

“Voila mon p’tit bout, Curse!”

Fawfaw hunkered down and allowed the verdant bullets to shatter and explode against her steely carapace; despite the furious fusillade, the iron ore pokémon stood firm, imbuing itself with more curse power that further strengthen its offense and defense. She wouldn’t be moving at speed, but she was very-much a walking tank.

Joyce Blake

It appeared their opponent really do intend to stall this out. With the clock ticking, it appears Joyce is running low on options. Luckily, the sandstorm has subsided, removing that added risk from the equation. "Hmm, alright Sapling we're going to try something else. If they want to increase stats, when let's respond in kind. Boost yourself with Growth!" With a low growl, a green aura grew from the Grass type before retracting back into him, increasing his attacking stats.

"Since their defense is sound, let's hit where they're weaker. Use Absorb!" Seeing as the opposing Aron already boosted their already strong defense stat, the girl decided hitting their weaker Sp.Defense stat would get a better result. At his trainer's command, a green energy shot out from Sapling towards the stationary Steel type.

Eleonor

While their opponent was boosting their own stats, Eleonor knew now was the time for offense—as Joyce called for Absorb, Eleonor went for something far more damaging. “Fawfaw, use Rock Slide!”

The heavens shimmered, pointed stones emerging from portal-like gates in the sky. They angled themselves towards Turtwig and then exploded outward with violent power, racing towards the grass turtle. Would Joyce trade blows? Eleonor sure hoped so.