• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup

Junior Cup betting ring! With a keen eye for talent and just 100 poke you could win big! No refunds!

• Claire

• Eleonor

• Esther

• Joyce

• Kenzie

• Reina

• Scott

• Wilford

Results are only viewable after voting.
July 15th - Lacunosa, Unova. Reina, current rank, ?????.

Reina cheered by clapping her hands together and then rushing over to Blue Demon. While the Hawlucha was flexing for the crowd, Reina noticed the concerned face on her opponent's. She worried they might have gone overboard and seriously injured the Magneton.

"Is your Pokemon okay? Is it hurt? Blue Demon's Cross Chop can be a handful, I'm sorry if we caused any serious damage."

July 15th - Lacunosa, Unova. Scott Chitape, current rank: ????

Scott hesitated a moment, staring at his opponent almost as if he hadn't heard her. After a few seconds, though, he seemed to snap back to reality and his eyes refocused. "I... I think Flux will be okay. I'll have a nurse check on them. But... how? How did you knock them out in a single hit...? His Sturdy ability should prevent massive damage like that..."
He glanced away from his opponent and towards his fainted Pokemon. He lowered a hand to their metallic surface, brushing it gently and then slipping a hand beneath their body to lift them off the ground slightly. His other hand began to reach for Flux's Pokeball.

"His ability?" Reina looked at the fainted pokemon and then at Blue Demon, she smiled a bit after, feeling a bit more relieved, "Oh Blue Demon ignores abilities with Mold Breaker, that's his ability." She offered her hand to her opponent, "I hope we can battle again!"

After saying her farewells she returned her Hawlucha to his PokeBall and went back to the waiting room. She took a sit and sighed loudly, feeling nervous and excited for the final match.

Esther
Friday, July 15 – Lacunosa Town, Unova Region​

It wasn’t shaping up to be a decisive match since the match had already ended. The two pokémon collided, and Esther could almost hear the rending, screech of deformed metal as Magneton was thrown into unconsciousness. One-hit-knock-out!

Esther could hardly hear a thing over the cheer of the crowd, but she quickly shuffled away to return to the trainer’s lounge. When she arrived, Reina was already there.

“Reina that was amazing! You’ve advanced to the finals! That guy managed to knock me out in the first round, but I can settle for second-hand revenge!”

Reina was just about to slouch on her sit when she heard the familiar voice of Esther. She sat up and greeted her with a smile.

"Thanks! Blue Demon did most of the work though, I sorta panicked when Chente lost but he stepped in with so much confidence I gained back mine." Looked at the Hawlucha resting inside the PokeBall. "But yeah he did really good, I think he could participate in the next match no problem, which is neat, having three pokemon available for battle."

July 15th, Lacunosa Town, Unova
Joyce Blake

"Alright Teller! Keep your distance for now." Yelled Joyce. However, her words was rather ill timed as the dog pokemon once again made a scary face and stunned the Psychic pokemon. With the second speed debuff, Teller was unable to move quickly enough as the opposing Granbull ran in with a lick. "Crud! Block it!" Joyce hastily ordered. Putting one arm up, the Abra took the full force of the lick with said arm and winced as a result. No other effect appeared to have been dealt from the lick attack.

"Teller doesn't do well with physical attacks, I have to try to end this battle before he goes down." The young trainer said to herself. "Knock them back with another Confusion!" Abra's eyes glowed blue once again as he used hi other arm to telekinetically shove the Fair Type back.

Scott sat on the battlefield for a moment after his opponent left. He hadn't taken his opponent's Pokemon into account, not really. He'd hyperfocused on type matchups, and he'd lost. He should have felt good for making it farther this time. It was more impressive than his last tournament showing, certainly. But he'd still failed.

He took a deep breath, recalled Flux to their Pokeball, and stood up. The referee had begun walking towards him to check on him since he'd been sitting there for more than a minute after Reina left, but upon seeing Scott get up the ref paused, and watched as the trainer walked away. He headed back down the tunnel and towards the waiting room, thinking he'd ask there for the fastest way to the nurses' station. When he got there, though, he was distracted by the sight of his two opponents in the tournament chatting with one another. Perhaps they knew each other, or maybe they were discussing their respective battles with him. Either way, he'd planned to talk to his first opponent if he got the chance, and now was as good an opportunity as any he was likely to get. Striding up to the two girls, he waited for a gap in their conversation, and nodded to both of them.

"Hey. You both battled really well, and certainly threw a few surprises my way... exceeded my expectations for the competition going into this tournament, for sure."

Esther

“Ohhh, that’s a really strong Hawlucha!” Esther paused, mulling over something. She was prepared to follow up with a question but at that moment, Scott made his presence known.

Esther whirled around at the unexpected addition to their conversation; fiery locks flaring like a Persian’s raised hackles. In the blink of an eye, she was half-cowering, half-peeking from behind Reina’s back, all the while shooting Scott a fierce stink eye, “You! How’d you even sign up for this tournament, I thought this was for newbie trainers like us.”

She squinted, analyzing the boy, and deeming that he seemed a bit more competent than the 2-badge standard she’d established. “sick ‘im Reina!”

Reina was a bit taken back by Esther's sudden reaction, but after a few seconds she couldn't help but giggle a bit about the situation. She grinned and rubbed the back of her head.

"Guess you scared Esther. Also thank you, we're always looking to exceed expectations as trainers, so it's nice to hear you accomplish that. Your Parasect really caught us off guard though, he was just so fierce with his attacks, it was amazing and intimidating."

"Thanks! A lot of my team members evolved recently while we were training for the tournament, but we still got cleared to participate. I'm really glad Matsu got a chance to shine. Poor Flux, though... that Encore really screwed our strategy over. We were aiming for a Zap Cannon." He explained to Reina, glancing at the half-hidden Esther when he mentioned his team's training and registration clearance. "By the way, your Pokemon were serious trouble for Alfred. He hasn't learned any Fairy type moves yet, so him staying in was practically a bluff. He was pretty much relegated to support for my Crawdaunt during our battle... it worked out, but your team is scarily strong for being unevolved."

Esther

The Oblivian kept a wary eye on Scott, flattery wouldn’t be enough to absolve his crimes! Maybe just a bit... She was more taken back by how Reina blatantly fraternized with the enemy, where was the vengeful rapport? This sportsmanship stuff was really getting in the way of her spite.

“Alfred...? That was your Mr. Mime. Ah! If I knew it couldn’t use fairy moves, I might’ve gone with Pyrrha...she’s even scarier than Halay," she might've even won too. "Fairy types really mess with my team...”

It seemed she had been both hasty and overly cautious with her quick switch to Halay. She had only revealed more of her hand than she’d needed to while skirting around a non-existent threat. Esther carved that to memory, she wouldn’t be that hasty again.

Esther

“Oh, Pyrrha is...”, Esther trailed off as her thoughts churned, an opportunity sharpening into focus in front of her. She glanced up at the lounge’s large screen, where the cameras captured Joyce’s still ongoing battle against Kenize and another battlefield covered by a sandstorm.

The other bracket’s first matches were still ongoing...

“Welllll, I think we’ve got a bit more time than expected, I can show you exactly what Pyrrha is!” Esther wheeled on Scott, eyes flashing danger. “I challenge you to a revenge match!”

Fine, If Reina wouldn’t avenge then she’d do it herself!

Scott blinked in surprise at the sudden challenge. He raised an eyebrow curiously, and said, "I wouldn't be opposed. But first, I'd like to get my other Pokemon to a nurse first, though, unless you for some reason have an objection to that? Second, where will this battle take place? And of course, I'm assuming it will be a one on one battle between one of my fresh team members and your Pyrrha?" He paused a moment, and continued with a statement he'd wished to make a bit earlier, but hadn't wanted to interrupt to say. "By the way, switching was a safe move to make, realistically speaking. If Alfred knew, say, Dazzling Gleam, it would have been trouble for both of the Pokemon you used, despite Houndour's typing made the damage net neutral."

Esther

“Perfect,” Esther’s lips quirked upward. “There’s a battlefield just outside the stadium, we can battle there. I should also be getting my pokémon to a nurse, so we can do that first. C’mon Reina, I’m sure you’ll enjoy meeting Pyrrha.”

Without waiting, Esther skipped off. There was a medical ward in the Stadium that was set up to deal with the contestant’s injured pokémon. It was a short stop for Esther since, Kasriel and Halay didn’t require too much healing, in fact, Kasriel didn’t need any at all since he was only asleep.

Five minutes later Esther was waiting on the outside battlefield, idly twirling her fingers in her hair.

"Well this is turning out to be a great break." Reina said as she sat at a bench next to the field Esther and Scott were going to use. "Do you really want revenge against him or is this like a playful thing?"

She figured she might as well ask. Reina had just met Esther so she wasn't sure what kind of person she really was and it would also help to know what to expect in case they battled at one point and Reina won. It kinda reminded her of Whitney...

Scott followed Esther to the nurses' station, but ended up staying a bit longer than either of the others. While Alfred was mostly fine and Cap'n Crunch was a quick fix for the skilled nurses, both Flux and Matsu needed more time to heal. The former had been badly beat up by the strong Cross Chop from Blue Demon, and Matsu had actually had the chitin around the base of her mushroom torn when a blow to it had pulled at its roots. The damage to both of them was by no means irreparable, but would still need careful work by the nurses. They suggested that it could be at least half an hour until they were done, and more if more serious injuries came in from any of the other battles that needed to take priority. Therefore, Scott left his partners in their care, and told them he'd be back to pick the two of them up in a little bit, and possibly to have Zuko checked up on.

A minute or two after Esther and Reina arrived outside, Scott found his way to the outdoor battlefield, and took a position at the opposite end from his first-round opponent, ready for a rematch.

EstherLacunosa Town, Unova Region

Esther gave Reina a look that suggested the latter had grown three heads and six arms and called her grandma. What kind of question was that?
"Of course, I want revenge! I'm not the kind of person that's satisfied with a loss," tenacity was her motto! How would she storm the world of she couldn't even overcome simple defeat? Nai wa, Esther knew how these things worked. If you wanted to reach the top you had to shred every obstacle in your way, and the obstacle she was chipping at now was her lacking battle experience—if she could digest what she'd learned from this tournament and polish her skills then that would be for the best. if she could also avenge her earlier loss, that was just a bonus. After all, who liked losing?

Scott arrived soon after and Esther wanted to make the most of this battle; "On stand by Troupe!"

The pokeballs at her waist popped in sequence, Goomy, Surskit, Jangmo-o, Houndour, Zigzagoon and Bounsweet, emerged to join Reina on the side.

"This guy was strong enough to take down Halay, so we're going all out! Pyrrha, Pyrrhichios!"

And dance she would, as Jangmo-o took to the field with a clangorous rattle.

Scott didn't have much time to question which member of his opponent's roster was Pyrrha before the Jangmo-o was sent out onto the field. He pulled out his Pokedex and quickly scanned the opponent, aiming to get some information on the species.

'It will never show an enemy its back in battle. Ancient warriors liked Jangmo-o for its valiant disposition and made it one of their own. Jangmo-o learn to fight by smashing their head scales together. The dueling strengthens both their skills and their spirits.'

According to his Pokedex, it was a Fighting and Dragon type, so this should be a fairly neutral matchup for both parties. Reaching to his belt, Scott grabbed his partner's Pokeball and tossed it lightly, releasing his Monferno onto the field. "Alright, Zuko, it's time for a duel. Let's have an honorable match!"

"Oh wow!" Reina exclaimed as she saw Esther's team. "Your Pokemon look amazing, you have so many." Her green eyes darted to the one called Pyrrha. "Oh is Pyrrha a dragon type? She looks very exotic."

Maya couldn't help but wiggle in her PokeBall, wanting to get in on the action. Sadly, she wasn't allowed to, since she might be needed for the upcoming match. However, after being demolished by Claire's Dragonair, Maya had the need to prove herself again.

Esther
Lacunosa Town, Unova Region

"That's right, she's a dragon type from Alola."

With Pyrrha on the field Esther was beyond confident, the dragon type blustered, continuing it's scale rattling dance—Work Up, allowed the dragon type to hype herself up for the battle, raising her offensive capabilities.

Esther had internalized what she learned from the tournament and already had a command at the tip of her tongue. Leading with a priority move seemed to be standard practice so she had formulated a plan to counteract that.

"Zuko, start it off with a Taunt! Then get in close and hit 'em with a Power Up Punch!"

The monkey Pokemon gave an excited scream, then began gibbering at his opponent and making silly faces, dancing back and forth from one foot to the other. Once satisfied that he'd properly teased and riled up his opponent, he began a somewhat zigzagged approach, sometimes traveling in straight lines and other times jumping or turning quickly. Once in range, he aimed a blow at the dragon's side, fist imbued with a light orange energy that seemed to move in upward waves as it traveled from his wrist to the tips of his knuckles.

Esther

Taunt? That'd be a problem...but fine. "Blast it!"

Pyrrha's eyes were locked into the approaching Monferno, perfectly willing to allow it to close in. Once Monferno was close enough, Pyrrha opened her maw and a gout of draconic flames were released, aiming to blow away her opponent before it could land it's move and of they were lucky, they'd also paralyze it.

Last edited:

Before Scott could even call the counter-move, Zuko was gathering a flame in his other first, and with a quick punch released a burst of orange-red flames; as Scott shouted out "Counter it with Flamethrower!" the Monferno's fiery blast raged against the flames of Pyrrha's Dragon Breath attack, blocking it long enough for Zuko to finish storing energy in his other hand for the Power Up Punch and duck around to one side, once again attempting to land a solid punch against his opponent's side.

Esther

Esther faltered, not expecting Scott to be able counter from that distance, but where her trainer hesitated Pyrrha was ready. Her scales were awash with draconic power, and as they absorbed the blow from power-up punch, the also ricocheted off her body, subjecting Monferno to a point-blank fusillade of Scale Shot.

"Great job Pyrrha, let's get some distance with Dragonbreath!"

With scale shot lightening it's weight, Pyrrha was nimble and agile, at the expense of defense and with her already raised attack she became quite a terror! The drake whipped around to lambaste Monferno with more draconic flames, but by loosening her purchase and lightening her weight, the dragonbreath functioned double time to propel her backward whilst hopefully damaging her opponent.

"Wow those two are real fighters!" Reina leaned forward on her seat, her green eyes trying as best to keep up with the fast pace. "We really need to get a one on one with those two, Blue Demon." She felt the Pokeball of said Hawlucha shaking. "Fire and dragon Pokemon are always so great to watch! Specially dragon types, I'm sure in Metztli they would love a dragon like Pyrrha!"

Zuko landed the Power Up Punch, and the energy surrounding his fist quickly flashed across his body as his physical attacks were boosted. Unfortunately for him, though, he quickly found himself assaulted by a volley of sharp scales. At the close range, he took the full force of the blows, and before he had time to recover, the now-lightened dragon was blasting him with another wave of Dragon Breath, and this time he wasn't quick enough to send another bout of flames out to counter.
Luckily, the fact that the blast carried Pyrrha farther away slightly lessened the effect of the draconic flames, but it had also provided the opponent with more distance, which didn't entirely favor Zuko's moveset. Scott had a plan, though. "Zuko, you alright?" Once his Pokemon glanced back at him with a thumbs up to affirm, the trainer continued, "Then keep the pressure on with a Swift, and follow up with Flame Wheel!"
The monkey Pokemon arced his hand through the air, and sparkling stars appeared in its wake. Then, his other fist launched forward, sending a scattered volley of stars towards the opponent. Then, hiding behind the bright blast, Zuko prepared to use Flame Wheel, running forward for momentum and getting ready to spin and slam into his opponent once the battering of stars gave him an opening.

Esther

"Alright Pyrrha, we're going for a finisher! Vault with Dragonbreath!"

The drake rushed forward, firing a Dragonbreath at the floor and using the momentum to launch herself into the air. The combination of her empowered offense and lightened body sent her high and Pyrrha swept the raging draconic flames across the incoming swift.

Plummet was imminent, but Esther was ready, her next call on her lips as Pyrrha tucked into a ball and began to dive towards Monferno.

"Above you!" Scott shouted. Zuko skidded to a stop as the flames singed through his Swift, but the monkey was now aware of the planned aerial attack. Instead of jumping away to avoid an attack as one might have expected, though, the Monferno gave a grin and let his hands blaze up into flame. They intensified, burning hotter and hotter until he released a pillar of flame into the air above him, a strong Flamethrower attack intended to throw off the dragon's trajectory. Regardless of whether that altered Pyrrha's course, Zuko slammed his hands against the ground and leapt up to meet his foe mid-air, quickly rotating like a helicopter with his limbs still blazing to create an aerial Flame Wheel.

Esther

Esther grinned. She had kept track this time; taunt had just worn off. She waited a moment; timing would be everything. The flames of flamethrower splashed across Pyrrha’s scales, luckily the dragon had been tucked into a ball, so its hardest scales took the brunt of the offense. Now that Monferno had launched into the air—“Pyrrha, Protect into Dragon Tail, smack ‘em down!”

The canon-ball drake glowed green, the shell of protect snapping into place as flame wheel collided with the protective wrecking ball. Pyrrha’s plunge meant she had far more momentum than Monferno, and it went without saying that Flame Wheel wouldn’t overpower protect.

Monferno would be trapped in the air, off-balance from the rebound of clashing against protect with flame wheel—whereas Protect left Pyrrha prime to strike. Once the flames parted, Pyrrha’s high descend speed would allow her to close the already small distance nearly instantly, and Dragon tail would come down like a spinning hammer to send Monferno right back to the ground!

The flurry of flaming blows scraped against the bottom of the dome-like sanctuary provided by Protect, but that was no problem for Zuko. "Go for the Feint, bud!" Scott shouted, and with a grunt, Zuko used a small Flamethrower to propel himself back upwards and slightly to one side, flipped, and sent a foot piercing through Protect to throw Pyrrha's momentum off and to one side. The kick also let Zuko change his momentum, readjusting himself in the air and locking his eyes on the rapidly descending form of the dragon. He heard his trainer call for another Swift, and bringing his arms in close to his body, he unleashed another volley of stars at the figure on the ground, this time spewing them out from his hands 'Kameh hameh haaa' style.

Last edited:

Esther

“Tch!” Esther bit her lip, her expression a mix of shock and trepidation. Feint? That was a move she’d never seen before. Pyrrha veered off-course, the dragon tail slammed into the ground, causing an eruption of dust and debris.

“Protect!” Esther couldn’t see what state Pyrrha was in, but with the descending Swift, she knew it was better for Pyrrha to defend herself but right afterward... “He’s above you Pyrrha, run and use Scale Shot!”

Jangmo-o burst from the debris field, a volley of scales shooting off her body towards the still airborne Monferno.

Scott called for another Swift as Zuko descended, and watched as the two attacks collided midair. A few scaled even managed to slip past the swift, but fortunately all but one flew wide, with the last giving a glancing blow and producing a small cut. Unfortunately, though, that move meant Pyrrha would be even faster now, and that could be come very problematic very quickly. "Zuko, Taunt!" The monkey landed and once again began nagging and teasing his opponent. "Now, let's finish this quick. Run at it while using Flamethower!"
Zuko began dashing towards Pyrrha, and used Flamethrower to apply pressure and bait out any potential counterattacks. Then, once he'd closed some of the distance, Scott made the call. "Mach Punch, go!" In a flash, Zuko closed the distance and struck out with a light-cloaked fist, aiming for the weak spots in the Jangmo-o's armor left by his opponents' uses of Scale Shot.

Esther

About as she expected. “Keep it up, Scale Shot!”

Considering the amount of damage that both pokémon had taken, the next move would likely finish things. That’s why Esther abandoned defense to gain a decisive edge in speed.

With two scale shots under her belt, Pyrrha was already faster than Monferno and she controlled the distance between them, the monkey believed itself to have caught up but in truth, she was luring it.

The third scale shot collided with the spilling flames, but only served to make Pyrrha even faster and more agile. When Monferno reached for Mach Punch, a burst of speed allowing it to close the distance, Pyrrha was ready. Her eyes followed the eager simian, shifting to evade the blow by a narrow margin, and retaliated with a whip-lash of scale-shot from her tail.

A whip-crack resounded as Pyrrha lashed out and the pokémon collided. It looked like both pokémon were on their last legs and after a moment of stubborn defiance, Pyrrha crumpled.

Esther was quick to sortie onto the battlefield, scooping Pyrrha into her arms.

Scott had known Zuko was on a timer once Blaze activated. He knew his starter well enough to tell when his flames were at their normal power level, and when they'd been boosted by his ability. His strategy of providing covering fire in order to close and land a finishing blow had worked, but at the cost of Zuko taking another heavy hit from Scale Shot; something the monkey couldn't afford in his current state. Both Pokemon remained standing, with at least Zuko panting heavily, after the blows had been exchanged. For a moment it was unclear whether the battle was over or not. Then, as someone's breath had suddenly been released, both Pokemon wobbled and fell. Scott's eyes widened, unsure who truly won, but he wasn't as concerned with that as checking on Zuko. His partner had taken quite a few strong attacks over the course of that battle, and he wanted to make sure the Monferno hadn't ended up in as poor a condition as Flux or Matsu.
He kneeled close to his Pokemon and pulled Zuko's upper body onto his lap. After a brief check-over, he glanced over at Esther.

"You continue to impress. That combo with Protect and Dragon Tail would have been insane if Zuko didn't know Feint, and your risk in lowering your defenses in order to gain speed really paid off in some ways. Keeping up to Zuko while he's using Mach Punch is incredible!"

July 15th,Lacunosa town in the Unova region.
From afar, a Young boy watched the conclusion of the fight that just happend in front of him. He was truly astonished and loved how pokemons and their Trainers synchronized as they worked together which brought this Grand final to his eyes.

Although Shiro was an Aspiring Profesor, He was a Battler as well, infected with this passion by his adoptive father. He didnt manage to get to Lacunosa before the tournament began however and still.. Person with one badge that was Just about to get a second one wouldnt probably be seen by others as a challange. Who was he even? A kid with a red scarf around his neck and a smoll white bear.

His partner, Glacier, was the said bear. Cubchoo with a green scarf around its neck and an enormous snot coming out of its cute nose. He was in his Trainer arms as he watched the fight as well, moving his arms in punching manner whenever Monferno did a Power-up punch or mach punch. Heh, He clearly was a fan of that one, to the point his Trainer didnt expect too.. Why?

Cuz after the Trainers made their way to their pokemons, Cubchoo quickly jumped off his hands and ran up to the battleground where an intense fight Just ended. Letting out Loud, determined cries as if he wanted to watch more.

"Glacier!" Shiro called out and run after his pokemon, making a long jump and catching him in his hands again. "You Little.. Dont be rude! We shouldnt interrupt people if they werent aware of our presence." He said to his pokemon, then turned to others and bowed. "I am very very sorry for what happend."

"That was amazing! You both did a great job." Jumped out of her seat and clapped as she cheered on the end of the fight. "This tournament keeps getting better, I'm so glad we came over here."

She walked on to the battlefield to get a closer to both participants. The battlefield showed clear marks of the battle that had just happened, which made her wonder who cleaned up after such event. However, her short thought was interrupted by a new arrival, it seemed the battle had attracted some attention.

"It's okay, the battle is over." She reassured the Cubchoo's trainer. "We should get those two healed up before the other matches end and you have to wait in line."

Esther

Esther paused a moment, startled. She wasn’t used to such unabashed admiration, but she soon responded with a smile. “Same to you, I was studying your matches, so I expected some of those plays, but it looks like you’ve still got tricks up your sleeve. There’s a lot I can learn from you.”

Scott wasn’t bad, Esther decided, and their battle had drawn a small crowd. One enthusiastic spectator had taken to the battlefield, a snow-white pokémon unfamiliar to Esther, quickly followed by its trainer.

Pokèdex Entry #613 Cubchoo, the chill pokémon

Its nose is always running. It sniffs the snot back up because the mucus provides the raw material for its moves. When healthy, their snot is sticky and the power of their ice moves increases.

Snot...eww. Esther did her best to ignore the giant ball of snot hanging from the pokémon’s nose. This was a specimen she was happy to keep her distance from. However, “The little guy looks like he wants to battle too, I’ll take you on if you’re up for it!”

"Cuuup-Cuppp chooooo" Said the small pokemon, nodding eagerly on the proposition, while his Trainer shook his head, He didnt know if they can match a really Expierienced Trainers yet, but he took care of Cubchoo since he was an egg, they survived cold winter in mountains together.
He was basicly a Mother for a pokemon, he tought him how to hug, walk and how to act.

Then they went to Journey together, but aside from few Trainer battles and one gym battle and a Journey to reach this town for a tournament. They were still quite new.

But Cubchoo was determined and he should have trust in his small pokemon, right? If he feels confident then they should be able to do it.

"Well, If that is Glacier wish then we clearly can battle. Oi, Gehenna. Wake up" Shiro said to his red scarf, that woke up and opened its yellow eyes. Young red pokemon understood that his Trainer would be shouting moves to Aid Cubchoo in a fight and that it may be Bother some, So Sizzlipede, walked down and then stood on the side of the arena.

"Well, that is if anyone wants to battle with us."

Esther

Esther throw a look towards her team...good, they were eager; but none were more eager than Halay, clearly bothered by her earlier loss to Scott. "Scott might be headed to the pokémon center and Reina still has a battle in the tournament, so Halay and I will take you on."

At the sound of her name, Houndour leaped into the battlefield; she was the complete opposite of Pyrrha, void of the dragon types characteristic noise and aplomb. Halay was silent, almost regal as not a wisp of hostility could be felt from her.

Esther elected to keep Pyrrha in her arms, using her fingers to sift through the disheveled scales. She returned to the trainer's box and called to her opponent, "Ready when you are...I'm Esther, by the way."